Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 791 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Question about the new version and frame serving moviebuff 1 2002-07-13 17:47:24
Question TE25 audio sync problems sajidvk 1 2002-07-12 21:09:27
Question TE25 problems with avi/(S)vcd files Aian 1 2002-07-12 21:18:19
Question TE25 Please help wcwman18 2 2002-07-15 17:35:51
Question TE25 MPEG-2 read alex 1 2002-07-12 13:29:44
Bug report TE25 MPEG Tools Crash jupita 2 2002-07-12 15:52:11
Question TE25 strange behavior Christian 0 2002-07-12 07:49:48
Question TE25 German version? Christian 0 2002-07-12 07:40:01
Question TE25 Blue screen of death Akella 0 2002-07-12 05:43:22
Question TE25 new mrbiggame 1 2002-07-12 21:27:42
Question TE25 I can't convert my DVD to vcd or svcd tracyluvsya 1 2002-07-12 21:21:21
Question TE25 Index of scan line out of range(208) Vaepor 0 2002-07-11 23:09:45

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 791 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Question about the new version and frame serving No.24779
moviebuff  2002-07-12 20:30:44 ( ID:ahzxh0llt5. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have installed the new version and am now having problems with frame serving from vdub (I have done is succeffully several times prior to upgrading). I get the normal newbie problem "file unsupported". I have adjusted the vfapi environment setting, raising it as high as 4 and still unsupported file or cannot open. Has anything changed in the process or the program. Also, what is the new feature which allows you to save the audio and video as different files? (The new version does seem to be more stable)

Just curious,
Moviebuff

ASHY  2002-07-13 17:47:24 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Did you raise the 'AVI VFW reader' and lower the rest.
If that doesn't help try uninstalling the Virtualdub frameserving client then re-installing it.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - audio sync problems No.24777
sajidvk  2002-07-12 18:29:01 ( ID:u8wutruui.o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am getting audio sync (gradual) problems after I encode with tmpgenc.
start of encoded video/audio is in sync...

I am using tooLame, scmpx as pluggins in tmpgenc.
audio quality is much better now, after adding tooLame and scmpx.
but audio sync problem still exists.

I am encoding a NTSC - DV-avi to PAL- VCD mpeg.
Sometime back I saw a message here saying NTSC to PAL conversion
is causing this sync problem.

I am making vcds to send to a PAL country. So I have to convert
to PAL. Now I guess the problem may be with frame rate conversion
for video in TMPGEnc (NTSC 29.97, PAL 25?), video is becoming a bit
shorter.

If anyone can reply with details on how to fix this....

Minion  2002-07-12 21:09:27 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This can be verry tricky to do especially if you are converting 29.9fps to 25fps, it would be aesier to do a "23.97fps to 25" conversion, if you could render your dv files to 23.9fps instead of 29.9fps it would make it easier cuz 29.9fps is interlaced frames and 23.9fps is progressive and so is 25fps,But instead of writeing out some long manual for doing ntsc to pal conversions go to "www.vcdhelp.com" and there is a manual there for doing ntsc to pal conversions......

Question - TE25 - problems with avi/(S)vcd files No.24775
Aian  2002-07-12 16:39:15 ( ID:ypkbvqnjuv2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've been converting avi/divx episodes of about 20min each to SVCD (~2050 bitrate) with about 397-400 mbs (2 vids per cd). The problem is that in some divx the final output archive is so big, around 2 gbs.. and needs a bitrate too bad to be made up (around 300). I dont know what happens, is there any form to avoid this? i need those eps in svcd format..

Minion  2002-07-12 21:18:19 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Instead of useing a "CBR" encodeing method use a "CQ" or "VBR-CQ" encodeing method this will give you a much smaller file size while keeping simular or even better quality.In "CQ" mode you can actually use a higher bitrate and end up with a smaller file size than CBR....

Question - TE25 - Please help No.24772
wcwman18  2002-07-12 14:04:10 ( ID:1yp.uqhipik )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does anyone have or know of a program where I will be able to add a logo to movies that I have already ripped or add the title, Author, copyright info to the video that will be showen as the videos play?

ASHY  2002-07-12 18:33:34 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This software is able to do this.
http://www.imaginegraphics.co.uk/products/mpegcarver/mpgecarver.htm

ASHY

laserfan  2002-07-15 17:35:51 ( ID:lcvorlzbcvh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's not at clear how to do this using mpegcarver, ASHY. Maybe it is a limitation of the demo but I can't find reference to it in the docs anywhere either.

This is the info which some players will display when playing, again, clip title, author, copyright, rating, comment...

Anybody know a way to edit these file properties?

Question - TE25 - MPEG-2 read No.24770
alex  2002-07-12 12:02:58 ( ID:jq1y8gyijom )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

At home, my TMPGEnc can read *.vob without problems, but my machine is so slow. I tried the same thing at the office where I really got a power machine, but TMPEGEnc refuses to read that file. I use the newest version at home an in the office. What is the reason and how do I solve the problem?

Alex

ASHY  2002-07-12 13:29:44 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It is not advisable to directly open VOBS with TMPG, you WILL get problems. VOBS usually contain many streams and TMPG isn't able to discern between these streams.
It is a better and faster solution to use DVD2AVI to open your VOBS and create a project file which you can load into TMPG. This way you will be able to select the required streams you need only.

ASHY

Bug report - TE25 - MPEG Tools Crash No.24767
jupita  2002-07-12 11:11:24 ( ID:2jy5nw6ruw6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi

After much deliberation I have finally solved my problems with MPEG Tools and Windows XP. I notice that everyone reports this and I would like to add my solution.

I have ascertained that almost all of the errors which have occurred in this area are down to DirectShow. I installed a decent MPEG2 codec last night for Media Player XP compatibility and as soon as I did this I noticed that I get no errors whatsoever. I actually tried the PowerDVD codec for Media Player XP and it all works fine.

I have also noticed other people with similar problems with the other OS's and it all seems to come down to DirectShow and Media Player. This is quite strange as TMPGEnc doesn't seem to need an MPEg2 codec to work. MPEG tools does however!

I hope this helps anyone who might be having similar problems.

ASHY  2002-07-12 12:02:30 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I agree with you that most problems are probably due to directshow itself and not TMPG and you are right that the MPEG tools need a decent MPEG2 codec to work correctly with MPEG2 files, but TMPG itself also needs this codec to open such files not just the tools.

I have often suspected that the problems most people have with the tools are simply down to incorrect configuration of their systems. For example installing too many types of one codec can cause havoc with Direct show, by this I mean if you were to install, such as, too many MPEG2 codes this will just confuse Direct show and cause confliction problems as it will try to use all the codecs at the same time and you will end up with problems.

For instance you may have a codec installed for WinDVD and Power DVD together (which is a bad idea in itself) you may have the free DVD filters installed too for media player and then also have the MPEG2 plugin installed for TMPG.

All these codecs utilise Direct show, so it's no wonder ther are problems when this type of system configuration is used.

Also using certain types of other MPEG encoding and editing software can also cause problems with TMPG. I have experienced this myself on occasion. I remember I had a problem with TMPG when I decided to install DVMPEG 6. As soon as I uninstalled DVMPEG everthing was hunky dory again.

My advice to anybody who is constantly experiencing serious problems with TMPG is to check the codecs and the MPEG software they have installed and if in doubt wipe them out and start afresh with a clean system and only install what you need.

ASHY

laserfan  2002-07-12 15:52:11 ( ID:lcvorlzbcvh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ashy might you be so kind as to list the codecs you have installed on your system? I *think* I understand that they will be unique to the software you have installed, but as I look at my own codecs honestly I can't tell what-was-installed-by-what-software and what-is-needed-and-what-is-fluff so would like to look at someone else's list as a starting point.

I don't suppose there is an easy way either to tell if a codec uses DirectShow? I do also have WinDVD and PowerDVD and a couple other players installed and your comment that these two together "are a bad idea" begs the question: how to know? I have several players installed and part of my reason is they each have different useful features, another reason is to see how "compatible" my files are. But this is not good to have so many on one PC?

Question - TE25 - strange behavior No.24766
Christian  2002-07-12 07:49:48 ( ID:anbkmxbcefj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Some strange happend with my TMPGenc:
I have an avi-file, which is at least 11GB. I encoded 3 times (always little changes in the avi-file). This took at least 5 hours to encode. The output m2v-file was about 3,4GB. Thats all very ok. The quality is very fine!
Last week I wanted to encode another time this file - it took 48 hours and the output file has 81MB (!) and when I want to play it or I move it into the DVD authoring-software, there is no picture information, only black screen...
I always take the same preferences to encode.
I also tried to delete and reinstall TMPGenc, no change...
Does anyone have an idea, what is wrong here??

Christian

Question - TE25 - German version? No.24765
Christian  2002-07-12 07:40:01 ( ID:anbkmxbcefj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does anyone know if there is planned a german version of TMPGenc in the future?

Christian

Question - TE25 - Blue screen of death No.24764
Akella  2002-07-12 05:43:22 ( ID:eipbdo.bpw. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After converting of the AVI file to MPEG2, and trying to run the movie using real Magic DVD station under Windows XP, the system crushes.

What may couse that?
Thanks.

Question - TE25 - new No.24762
mrbiggame  2002-07-12 05:09:55 ( ID:9pauohb08xn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I followed the avi to mpeg step by step but I cant get the audio our vidoe pull It keep saying unsupported. I also made the changes to vfapi plugin still can't open avi file when I try to open the they aren't there but if I go to them under the driv e they are there PLEASE HELP!!!!

Minion  2002-07-12 21:27:42 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you saying when you click the browse button to choose your avi file the file isn"t there but it is there if you go to it?If this is true then for some reasom your avi files aren"t being read as avi files cuz when you choose your file after clicking the "browse" button all supported file types should be displayed, maybe this is happening because you don"t have the right codecs installed on your system to decode the file, but if you didn"t have the right codecs then you shouldn"t be able to view your file, so I have no idea why you are haveing proglems but try going to "vcdhelp.com" and see if you can find a solution there....

Question - TE25 - I can't convert my DVD to vcd or svcd No.24760
tracyluvsya  2002-07-12 04:54:47 ( ID:rlfsoevpujl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I ripped my DVD using smartripper, and saved the project in dvd2avi, but when I try to frameserv and open it in tmpgenc, tmpgenc just completely freezes and I have to press ctrl,alt,del before I can do anything else on the computer. What am I doing wrong?

Minion  2002-07-12 21:21:21 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Did you make sure you have the "dvd2avi.vfp" plugin in the vfapi plugins? and the priority of that plugin has to be high enough at least "1", pluss don"t moove or rename any of the vob or d2v files in the path between dvd2avi and tmpgenc....

Question - TE25 - Index of scan line out of range(208) No.24759
Vaepor  2002-07-11 23:09:45 ( ID:.70vgwbapxa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

what causes this message and how do I fix it?

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.