Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 790 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 encoded picture is not smooth tim 3 2002-07-16 17:35:54
Question TE25 Frameserving Newbie 5 2002-07-17 02:17:25
Free talk TE25 Help NEEL 2 2002-07-14 16:19:10
Question TE25 Encoding SVCD from AVI larger than 1Gig Paul Warner 1 2002-07-14 18:34:14
Question TE25 Stream write error mojo77 1 2002-07-14 01:26:57
Question TE25 Windows D2V file error kahnman 1 2002-07-14 04:59:41
Question TE25 myfile.avi can not open, or unsupported rmoore 6 2002-07-16 17:43:14
Question TE25 WinDVD crashes TMPGEnc Merge and Cut Clyde 0 2002-07-13 23:07:24
Question TE25 What is TMPGenc.vfp for WPWJr 5 2002-07-14 15:45:47
Question TE25 20 fps avi conversion ellison93 5 2002-07-15 14:06:25
Question TE25 Audio won't encode mowgus 2 2002-07-13 17:15:09
Question TE25 Audio is distorted after converting to mpeg Soren 4 2002-07-14 16:01:55

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 790 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - encoded picture is not smooth No.24848
tim  2002-07-14 12:32:58 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

after encoding picture is not smooth i have tried changing number of i p &b pictures in gop, motion search to highest quality interlace to de-interlace bottom field to top field i even thought it might be a windows xp problem so i loaded win 98 again but it didnt help are their any filters that will fix this any suggestions would help

ASHY  2002-07-14 15:33:17 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do you mean not smooth. Does it stutter? Have you changed the framerate.

ASHY

tim  2002-07-16 15:39:18 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

the frane rate is 25fps for vcd and the video studders but the sound is perfect the movie seems to pause once every 2 seconds or so but only for about an eighth of a second. i have done other vcd conversions that have come out perfect and i cant work out why these ones dont. i was using win 98 then but ive tried that and it still didnt work. last time i used the vcd guide from flexion.org and they worked perfectly. i think i used a donald grafton filter and i dont know if that was why

ASHY  2002-07-16 17:35:54 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I would guess that the original footage is not 25 fps.
Check the framerate of the original, if it is different this is your problem.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Frameserving No.24842
Newbie  2002-07-14 12:29:23 ( ID:dazey0v8lbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can someone please explain just what frameserving is used for ?
I have looked at articles on vcdhelp.com and trawled newsgroups but they mainly deal with HOW to framserve , not why ?

As I understand it, it is used when ripping from DVD and frameserving directly to TMPGenc.

I only ever take divx fils and convert to XVCD, would I use frameserving ... why ?

thanks

Griff  2002-07-14 13:19:17 ( ID:hrx7erbzyah )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Frameserving is basically a way of fooling software, such as TMPGEnc into thinking it's encoding an AVI file, rather than (a portion of) the origional mpeg. This is because some software is only designed to read specific files - Virtual Dub, for instance won't read mpeg 2 files, but if you frameserve using DVD2AVI it will.

The only other alternative would be to create an actual AVI, which for best quality, would be absolutely huge.

Griff

ASHY  2002-07-14 15:39:11 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Frameserving basically uses another piece of software to enable another piece of software to read files it wouldn't normally be able to read.
For example TMPG can not natively read VOBS but it can read project files which DVD2AVI creates and DVD2AVI can read VOBS.

What this means is there is no intermediary encoding step which will result in quality loss. All DVD2AVI does is decode the information in the VOBS and then sends it to TMPG in a format it can read.
This saves time and quality as you are no longer producing an AVI from the VOBS and then encoding that.
You are more or less encoding the VOBS directly through DVD2AVI.

ASHY

Olli  2002-07-14 19:05:35 ( ID:dazey0v8lbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the informative answer !!
So ... since I am only encoding Divx files to XVCD , frameserving is not relevant to me ..right ?

..since my source is an avi, not a VOB

ASHY  2002-07-14 19:21:43 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No not really. It would only be relevant to you if you wanted to use a program such as Virtualdub to edit your AVI and then encode it to MPEG. Rather than edit then re-encode to Avi it makes more sense to edit with virtualdub and apply it's filters and then frameserve the file to TMPG.

ASHY

wcpaul  2002-07-17 02:17:25 ( ID:q7gr550x3gw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I thought frameserving VirtualDub to TMPG was very cool until I decided to always use 2-pass VBR with the awesome, but very slow, "High Quality Smoother" filter in VirtualDub. (This is mainly for short clips.)

The performance hit of processing the video twice is so severe it pays to save an intermediate AVI. Luckily, I splurged for 320GB 4-way ATA Raid storage. Huffyuv compression is excellent for this.

So here is what we REALLY need. TMPGEnc should directly support VirtualDub filters plugins and allow different filters to be applied on first and second pass.

Free talk - TE25 - Help No.24839
NEEL  2002-07-14 07:24:52 ( ID:lchz8tiao5f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

NEED HELP!
WHEN TRYING TO CONVERT AVI. FILE TO Mpeg. I KEEP GETTIN THIS MESSEAGE P3Package.dll what do i need to fix this. I tried reloading TMPG AND IT STILL WOULD NOT WORK

PZP  2002-07-14 09:02:21 ( ID:d4a5wuxiwpr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Type "P3Package.dll" at the top of this BBS, then press search.

This question has already answered so many times.

ASHY  2002-07-14 16:19:10 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Download TMPG again. If that doesn't work you need to use a different extraction program to extract the files as the one you are using is corrupting the files.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Encoding SVCD from AVI larger than 1Gig No.24837
Paul Warner  2002-07-14 02:05:29 ( ID:nq4x.beibaj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I normally use TMPGE for encoding TV programs to XVCD which it does great.

Today I tried to encode one in SVCD with version 2.56. It encodes fine until it gets to the 1Gig portion of the AVI but after that the rest of the encode is black picture and no sound.

The source files is PAL 704 x 576. <2Gig in lenght. Created with MSPRO 6.51 and Morgan 3 codec. The AVI plays fine for the full 2 Gigs.

I also tried encoding it with an old copy of 12a that I found but the same results.

Is there some setting for this . I didn't think that there was any source files size limitation.

Thanx in advance..

Minion  2002-07-14 18:34:14 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There isn"t a 1gb limit for files in tmpgenc so I have no idea why it is stopping at 1gb so the only thing I can think of is maybe there is something wrong with your avi file cuz I have encoded 4gb files to svcd with no problem but if you keep haveing problems try frame serveing from virtual dub and if it stops at 1gb while frame serveing then you know that there is something wrong with your file, you can also try setting the begining and end points of your file with the "source range" and see if it reads the file.....

Question - TE25 - Stream write error No.24835
mojo77  2002-07-14 01:18:38 ( ID:v7w0p8fbmn6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does any one know why I get the error "stream write error"?

mojo77  2002-07-14 01:26:57 ( ID:v7w0p8fbmn6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

never mind, my disk was full.

Question - TE25 - Windows D2V file error No.24833
kahnman  2002-07-14 00:09:40 ( ID:pu0dk5uesrr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When using DVD2AVI with Tmpenc or Tmpenc PLus on W2K it will not open or encode a d2v file extensions. Help

Talismar  2002-07-14 04:59:41 ( ID:z4bgrhvbzl. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had a similar problem ... did some poking about and found out that the DVD2AVI program I had was missing a file ... make sure you have the file DVD2AVI.vfp in the folder with DVD2AVI and from what I've read you also need to copy that file into the TMPGen folder as well.

Hope that helps.

Talismar

Question - TE25 - myfile.avi can not open, or unsupported No.24826
rmoore  2002-07-13 23:21:31 ( ID:3wccftysfnr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have an .avi file that plays fine on computers but when I try to convert it mpeg I get the error ... can not open, or unsupported

I am using TMPG 2.56

What do I need to do to have a compatable file?

Thanks in advance
rick

mojo77  2002-07-14 01:19:44 ( ID:v7w0p8fbmn6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

install divx 3.1 and five.I had the same issue and it worked.

Olli  2002-07-14 19:12:02 ( ID:dazey0v8lbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Or install the Nimo codec pack which will provide Divx3 - 5 support

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/nimo/

ASHY  2002-07-14 19:23:20 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Search at the top of this BBS for 'unsupported'
Your answer will be presented many times.

ASHY

PamelaMoore  2002-07-16 00:25:01 ( ID:alnij9bprzo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had the same problem. And looked everywhere for the answer. The only info I received from this forum was from ASHY who tells everyone to look on the page (and I looked thru several pages and found that a lot of us had this problem but couldn't get a straight answer from ASHY) Anyway. I found the answer by spending many hours looking. . . hope this helps.

Go to: http://nickyguides.digital.com/AVItoVCD.htm

This article addresses the issue. You must have TMPG12a. You have a later version and it won't support VCD's. You can download TMPG12A from the following address:

http://205.180.85.40/w/pc.cgi?mid=12499&sid=6751

Since the original TMPG12A is in Japanese,you will also need to download the English patch. This fixed the problem for me. Hope it helps you.

Pam

ASHY  2002-07-16 17:40:49 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well Pamela you obviously did not check back to your original post, as I did answer your question there.
Also the solution to the problem is not using TMPG12a and is easily solved with ANY version.

Check back to your original post and you will find the answer waiting for you.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-07-16 17:43:14 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is your original post.
Question - How do I convert .avi files to mpeg? No.24754

Question - TE25 - WinDVD crashes TMPGEnc Merge and Cut No.24825
Clyde  2002-07-13 23:07:24 ( ID:u1s8of2ek6c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I installed WinDVD with no apparent problems.

Then I used TMPGEnc to create an MPG file (SVCD) using output of DVD2AVI and this worked fine. Then when I tried to use MERGE and CUT, TMPGEnc gave an error message that it had an internal problem and had to shutdown. Other features of TMPGEnc appear to work fine (at least those that I use).

I de-installed WinDVD (because things worked before I installed it) and then TMPGEnc Merge and Cut gave the error message that it could not open DIRECTSHOW.

I then used Windows XP's System Restore to restore to an earlier date (I think it restores system files and the registry) and then TMPGEnc Merge and Cut ran fine.

I searched the registry for DIRECTSHOW and there are many entries. It apparently has something to do with audio.

Anyone have ideas on how to install WinDVD and still be able to use TMPGEnc Merge and Cut? The rest of TMPGEnc seems to work with WinDVD installed.

Question - TE25 - What is TMPGenc.vfp for No.24819
WPWJr  2002-07-13 19:33:06 ( ID:/yavq5lkghk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What is the TMPGenc.vfp file used for? I downloaded a zip file which has this in it but I don't know what to use it for.

Thanks for your help.

ASHY  2002-07-13 19:55:18 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It is used for registering TMPG to VFAPI and is to allow other programs such as the VFAPI converter to open TMPG project files.

ASHY

WPWJr  2002-07-13 20:33:25 ( ID:/yavq5lkghk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you. What is VFAPI - is it a standard API for reading video? What programs use it?

Minion  2002-07-13 21:06:56 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

VFAPI is one of the coolest and handyest tools and I use it all the time, What it can do is turn "d2v" files from dvd rips into avi files in a couple seconds so you can run the file through any program that eccepts avi files, and you can use tmpgenc progect files to turn into avi files also.This tool is very handy if you want to import d2v files into "premier" or any video editing or encodeing program,....

WPWJr  2002-07-13 23:58:33 ( ID:/yavq5lkghk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you. What is VFAPI - is it a standard API for reading video? What programs use it?

ASHY  2002-07-14 15:45:47 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes it is an interface which allows any file which has the relevant plugin installed to be opened with TMPG or indeed any program which uses the VFAPI interface.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - 20 fps avi conversion No.24813
ellison93  2002-07-13 17:20:00 ( ID:mbxkp6yezda )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there a simple way to convert a 20 fps avi file to VCD format? Do I have to worry about audio sync?

ASHY  2002-07-13 17:22:52 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'll give you the simple answer, no.

It involves a few steps and two other pieces of software. Virtual dub and Cooledit.

But it's not really that much of a big deal if you really want this conversion.

ASHY

ellison93  2002-07-13 20:28:41 ( ID:mbxkp6yezda )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

THanks. I do have the two software packages. I would reall appreciate any help you would be willing to give. Thanks again.

ASHY  2002-07-14 15:50:17 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The only way is to change the framerate of the original AVI.
First you will have to extract the audio to a wav file using virtual dub.
Load the AVI file into virtualdub and extract the audio to a wav.
Next change the framerate to the one you want. When you do this note the time in the box at bottom right exactly and then convert it to seconds. WRITE THIS DOWN, you will need it later.

Close Virtualdub and download Cooledit 2000.
open Cool edit 2000.

When the program opens you will be presented with a box allowing you to choose 2 options. Choose options 1 and 3.

In the program click file>open and open the wav you created earlier.
Wait for it to finish then click 'Edit' and untick 'enable undo' then click 'select entire wave' next click 'Transform' and choose 'Time/pitch' from the drop down menu then click 'stretch'
In this box tick the following options:

Low precision
Time stretch (preserves pitch)

In the box that says 'Length' type in the exact figure you got in secs from Virtualdub for e.g. 4802.360 then click ok.
Wait for the program to do it's stuff then when its finished click 'file' then 'save as' and name and save your file as a wav.

This should give you a Wav file which will be the same length as the movie in the next step. Close Cool edit 2000.

To change the framerate of an AVI all you need is this program.
http://www.divx-digest.com/software/avifrate.html

Change it to the framerate you want then load your AVI and your new wav into TMPG and encode as normal using the VCD PAL template.

Note: you may check that the audio is in sync with AVI by multiplexing the files with Virtualdub first.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-07-14 19:26:52 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Note to the above.
The suggestion of the VCD PAL template is only for use if it is relevant to your TV system. If not choose whichever template suits your system.

ASHY

ellison93  2002-07-15 14:06:25 ( ID:tewljaqqlcl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Many thanks! - I am anxious to give it a try.

Question - TE25 - Audio won't encode No.24810
mowgus  2002-07-13 16:53:42 ( ID:wj7iq.lgi6m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I ripped a DVD and have an audio and video file. I checked the audio file and it is complete. When I encode the movie it doesn't have any audio. Audio+Video system is selected.

Another point to note is that when I go into settings and edit audio I can't get any audio there either.

Anyone come across this before? DVD was ripped with CladDVD xp.

ASHY  2002-07-13 17:15:04 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have ypu ripped the audio to Ac3 or a wav. TMPG doesn't support AC3, so you should rip the audio to a wav file.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-07-13 17:15:09 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you ripped the audio to Ac3 or a wav. TMPG doesn't support AC3, so you should rip the audio to a wav file.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Audio is distorted after converting to mpeg No.24805
Soren  2002-07-13 13:54:48 ( ID:xlnf0vsqrnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey there!
I have a problem when converting AVI-files to VCD-mpeg files using TMPGEnc.

The audio sounds overdriven or distorted when I play the mpeg-file (and the VCD) like the volume is way too hig. AVI-file I used as source sounds perfect.

I have tried using TooLame for the sound in TMPGEnc but that seems to make no difference at all.

Does anyone know how to get rid of the distortion?

Thanks a lot in advance
Soren Kristiansen

ASHY  2002-07-13 17:20:40 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What is the original samplerate of the audio in the AVI?
If it is different from the standard vcd samplerate this may be yor problem as the samplerate converter isn't to good in TMPG.
Try using SCMPX or toolame as the samplerate converter if that doesn't work use virtual dub to change the sample rate of the audio in the AVI to 44.1 khz, make sure you check the 'high quality' check box when you do this.

You can also use Virtualdub or TMPG to reduce the audio if the distortion really is due to the audio being driven to high.

ASHY

Soren  2002-07-14 10:01:32 ( ID:xlnf0vsqrnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks a lot!
It helped - BUT I'm still having problems.
The AVI was 48 KHz. Now I save the sound as a 44.1 KHz wave-file using VirtualDub (and checking High Quality), and then encode the video from AVI-file and the sound from the wave-file in TMPGEnc.

The distortion is gone and for a while I thought everything was fine.

But now I have "clicks" whenever the sound is loud. These clicks are NOT in the 44.1 KHz wave-file that I made in VirtualDub.

Do you know how to get rid of the clicks?

Thanks
Soren

Soren  2002-07-14 11:08:08 ( ID:xlnf0vsqrnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think I've found out how to get rid of the clicks myself.
I tried the MPEG-file in my other computer which has the same motherboard but another sound card and here the clicks are gone.

So I guess I just have to find another driver for the sound card in the first computer, a SB 128 PCI.

Soren

ASHY  2002-07-14 16:01:55 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think the clicks are due to the audio being to high and is causing distortion which has the effect of causing your sound card to clip the audio. Some sound cards are more tolerant of high volume which is probably why it works better in your other machine.

I would use virtualdub again but this time reduce the audio by 50% and see how it sounds. I'm pretty sure this is your problem as encoding wavs to MPEG audio doesn't involve using your sound card. It's just that MPEG audio is less tolerant to high volume than wav audio thus causing the distortion.

ASHY

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.