Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ]
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 How do I convert .avi files to mpeg? PamelaMoore 4 2002-07-13 14:47:52

Question - TE25 - How do I convert .avi files to mpeg? No.24754
PamelaMoore  2002-07-11 21:05:07 ( ID:gv6pi9eprr6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just purchased the TMPG program and am trying to convert my avi files to VCD in order to burn and play on my DVD player. The problem I am running into is when I try to convert the video file I get the error "cannot open or unsupported". I have no problem playing these files using a DIVX program but how do I convert them? Please help.

Thanks,

Pam

ASHY  2002-07-11 22:11:20 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Please search this board for you answer. It is on every page and you won't have to look far.

ASHY

PamelaMoore  2002-07-12 15:57:43 ( ID:kqeswzcpkao )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Please search this board for you answer. It is on every page and you won't have to look far.
>
>ASHY

Well Ashy,I'm sorry but I have searched all over the page and although I see where a lot of people have the same problem,I can't find where you have answered the question in any detail. For example what plugins do we need and more important where do you find these plugings. Also what steps do we go about to fix the problem. Not all of us have the computer skills that you do and sometimes we need step by step help. Just telling us to look on the page is not the answer. If you can't help please advise.

ASHY  2002-07-12 18:45:13 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you were to type unsupported in the search box at the top of this page the answer would have presented itself many times.

I have answered this question myself soooooo many times it just gets tedious when the answer is so readily available just by looking in the right place.

Anyway seeing as you are in need the usual way to correct the problem is to start TMPG and go to Options>enviromental setting>VFAPI plugin and right click the 'Directshow mutimedia file reader' and raise it's priority to 2 and the rest to 0.

ASHY

scole  2002-07-13 14:47:52 ( ID:h9umyqadr0m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S. Cole

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.