Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 803 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 dll error brandnorth 1 2002-07-02 21:11:23
Question TE25 Won't Open DivX File tvgm18 1 2002-07-02 20:35:05
Bug report TE25 MPG1 VCD Merge&Cut Audio Problems Andreas Martin 1 2002-07-02 21:09:35
Question TE25 dan mot 1 2002-07-02 21:05:02
Question TE25 IVTC Plugin? Dpw 1 2002-07-02 21:01:18
Question TE25 dbpoweramp question John 1 2002-07-02 20:58:56
Question TE25 I can't seem to convert the audio from an avi file Thanos 1 2002-07-02 19:04:09
Question TE25 I can't seem to convert the audio from an avi file Thanos 1 2002-07-02 20:54:28
Question TE25 Questor Questor 1 2002-07-02 18:49:02
Question TE25 XP Crash resn 3 2002-07-03 02:43:45
Question TE25 Newbie: registration on splash screen? jogar 2 2002-07-02 19:42:11
Request TE25 Encoding gives me wrong screen ratios.... pjwraith 12 2002-07-07 18:19:53

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 803 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - dll error No.24337
brandnorth  2002-07-02 20:44:05 ( ID:csalxwvx81w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Getting a cannot load p3package.dll when I click on start to activate the conversion from avi to mpeg-1. Please help asap. Thanks.

Minion  2002-07-02 21:11:23 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go to the search at the top of this BBS and type in "p3p package" and you will find this question answered hundreds of times......

Question - TE25 - Won't Open DivX File No.24335
tvgm18  2002-07-02 20:27:55 ( ID:itod11blhy. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm having trouble. I want to convert an .avi file to .mpeg, but it won't open the file. It's encoded in Divx format, does that have an impact? It's Star Wars - Return of the Jedi. I have Divx 5 installed, but I want to convert this to VCD or SVCD. Any help is appreciated!

Eric

tvgm18  2002-07-02 20:35:05 ( ID:itod11blhy. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Nevermind...I read farther into BBS and found that raising the Direct Show Multimedia File Reader priority in "Environmental Settings" on the vfapi tab, to "2" solved my problem.

Bug report - TE25 - MPG1 VCD Merge&Cut Audio Problems No.24333
Andreas Martin  2002-07-02 19:40:55 ( ID:dgehjtkohz2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi!

I think there's a bug in the MPG stream tool. I've multiple MPG-1 files (ca. 1 GB large). I want to joint and split these, so that they fit on 2 CDs, splitted exactly by scene frame.

But everytime I do this with my mpgs (the originals tmpgenc plays them correct!)after the process have done, the audio is cutted after approx. 17 minutes off!
The second file has then no audio...
PS: the original file is created with DVDx V2.0 as VCD.

Regards,
Andreas Martin

Minion  2002-07-02 21:09:35 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is an OLD problem with the mpeg tools and you should never rely on them to work for you, you should allways have back up programs to do the job,a good muxer is "bbmpeg" and a good joiner and editer is "power vcr"(it is a capture program but has editing and joining features)or mpegvcr can do this to, and a good muxer and de-muxer is called "xmuxer", these tools are easy to find on a search engine, or downloaded off kazaa....

Question - TE25 - dan No.24331
mot  2002-07-02 19:33:15 ( ID:hdy/pgzln0n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

how do you make a slide show of pics?

Minion  2002-07-02 21:05:02 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well that was a informitive question, i"ll have to guess what you want to do, you can take a bunch of bitmap or jpeg images and encode them into a mpeg file by nameing you images in this format: pic#01.jpg, pic#02.jpg pic#03.jpg ect, then you load in #1 and the rest will be loaded with it, then encode..

Question - TE25 - IVTC Plugin? No.24329
Dpw  2002-07-02 18:57:28 ( ID:l6kfunnawgr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well I figured out AVISynth and the it has helped immensely. My picture quality has improved by frameserving directly from adobe premiere to TMPGEnc. But I was wondering. Where can I get the IVTC plugin for avisynth. It was suggested to me to use the copy duplicate coption of this plugin. Sounds like a good idea especially since the project I am working on in a slide show (lots of similar images) Thanks again for all the great suggestions.

Dan

Minion  2002-07-02 21:01:18 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can probably find the plugin at www.apachez.net ,but useing ivtc will change the frame fate of your file unless you are useing a different option of the plugin....

Question - TE25 - dbpoweramp question No.24327
John  2002-07-02 18:54:46 ( ID:m4mpdoui/nh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

can u convert avi file with dbpoweramp?
if u can, which codec i need to install?
i installed wma codec.....but its only for
wmv, asf...

Minion  2002-07-02 20:58:56 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It depends on the audio format in your avi file, if your avi file has mp3 audio then you need the mp3 codec and the codec of the format you are converting it to, but if you want to extract audio tracks from video files it is best program for this is virtual dub,db power amp is great for encodeing audio files but it has problems extracting audio from avi files but it works fine for mpeg a wmv files...

Question - TE25 - I can't seem to convert the audio from an avi file No.24325
Thanos  2002-07-02 18:54:06 ( ID:6knswkddd0f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It seems like the audio is mp3 layer 3, and i can't seem to convert this avi to mpg for a vcd as tmpgenc does not recognize the audio format...

help is appreciated!

thaNKS!

Videopimp.com  Home )  2002-07-02 19:04:09 ( ID:bc9evnvf.8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

strip off the audio using Virtual Dub or Soundforge then save it as a wav and enter that waz in as the audio source to encode it in TMPGenc

Question - TE25 - I can't seem to convert the audio from an avi file No.24323
Thanos  2002-07-02 18:42:26 ( ID:6knswkddd0f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It seems like the audio is mp3 layer 3, and i can't seem to convert this avi to mpg for a vcd as tmpgenc does not recognize the audio format...

help is appreciated!

thaNKS!

Minion  2002-07-02 20:54:28 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tmpgenc does not encode compressed audio formats very well, so it is allways a good idea to extract the audio to a wav file and encode the wav file as your audio track.....

Question - TE25 - Questor No.24321
Questor  2002-07-02 16:32:25 ( ID:2jy5nw6ruw6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been converting various DIVX films with TMPGEnc to MPEG, but when I play back the MPEG, the picture seems to jolt (for a split second) all throughout the movie. The quality of picture and audio is excellent, apart from the jerky behavior. does anyone else get this ? When I burn the MPEG to VCD, I get the same jolts on my DVD player also.

ASHY  2002-07-02 18:49:02 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You must have changed the frame rate of the movie.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - XP Crash No.24317
resn  2002-07-02 16:10:01 ( ID:naf0cui.lqk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I want to encode a MPEG file or anything else to VCD or just an MPEG file TMPGEnc just works for a few secounds and then I get an error message from Windows it says that TMPGenc has to be shut down, look at it here: (norwegian): http://home.no.net/rhella/tmpencerror.png This problem happens with every version now, it never happend before. It all began when I downloaded and installed TMPGEnc-2.54.37.135. I went back to the older versionsm, but no luck. What can I do ? I Really need TMPGEnc ! ! !

resn  2002-07-02 16:21:42 ( ID:naf0cui.lqk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>When I want to encode a MPEG file or anything else to VCD or just an MPEG file TMPGEnc just works for a few secounds and then I get an error message from Windows it says that TMPGenc has to be shut down, look at it here: (norwegian): http://home.no.net/rhella/tmpencerror.png This problem happens with every version now, it never happend before. It all began when I downloaded and installed TMPGEnc-2.54.37.135. I went back to the older versionsm, but no luck. What can I do ? I Really need TMPGEnc ! ! !
And annother thing: the encoded file is playing, but have no sound, and the file is very short.

Videopimp.com  Home )  2002-07-02 19:06:13 ( ID:bc9evnvf.8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

get Windows2000

NewtronX  2002-07-03 02:43:45 ( ID:0ysy.lkdema )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry your havimg bad luck with TMPGenc and XP but I have been running them for about a year with no problems I have run XP Pro and all 2.5+ versions flawlessly must be some thing with your system. You might try to run Norton Win Doctor or remove TMPGenc completely and install the latest 2.56 along with making sure you have the latest drivers. Plus it could be another back ground program is hoging up space and causing TMPGenc to get pissed.
Another thing I do on the ocasion when I install a program and it screws my OS up (or if I screwed it up tweaking and experimenting) is wipe my C drive and reinstall my OS. Its some times a easy fix If you have all your data on another partition or hard drive.
once I downloaded a screen saver that turned out not to be a screen saver it was actually a Trojan I caught it after about two days and removed it I thought nothing bad happened but then I had strange problems with my video codecs turned out it messed up my registry and caused my divx codec and sound to act crazy. It could be possible your system suffered a attack or just got corrupted. Just a thought. Good luck.

Question - TE25 - Newbie: registration on splash screen? No.24314
jogar  Home )  2002-07-02 16:08:24 ( ID:grwnu0/k2io )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I bought a registration code, and it says to enter it on the splash screen; but there is no option there, just the trial version countdown. Does the option to register come up once the trial period is over?

Thanks.

ASHY  2002-07-02 18:52:43 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need to go to the Pegasus site by clicking the link below and download the Plus version. If you have the serial I can't understand how you wouldn't know this unless you came by the serial from some other means.

ASHY

jogar  Home )  2002-07-02 19:42:11 ( ID:grwnu0/k2io )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sheesh, NO, I bought it fair & square. Maybe there was an instruction in the email that said I had to download Plus for it to work, but I assumed the only difference was whether or not you had entered the registration number.... and the program itself was the same.

Request - TE25 - Encoding gives me wrong screen ratios.... No.24301
pjwraith  2002-07-02 16:00:32 ( ID:vo6ylirnfah )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have several divx videos which I now wish to transfer to DVD via a Pioneer drive. I have been playing with TMPEGEnc the last few days to produce mpeg2 videos ready for burning but have come across one issue I cannot get around. The resulting video streams screen ratio has become distorted, its always too tall and not wide enough even though I have tried many varied settings !! *exasperated*

I have listed a few details below of the video streams, could someone advise me of the ratios I should be using? Am I missing a step somewhere?

640x304 23fps

352x240 20fps

704x384 25fps

640x380 23fps

Any and all help really appreciated, I cannot get anywhere with this by myself..

ASHY  2002-07-02 18:58:16 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The distortion you are seeing is correct for MPEG2 SVCD. Load one of the SVCD templates either SVCD PAL or SVCD NTSC depending on you TV system the framesize will be 480x480(NTSC) or 480x576(PAL).

Your DVD software or hardware player will automatically adjust the ratio to the correct size. Just make sure you choose Full screen(keep aspect ratio) as the Video arrange method and choose the correct source aspect ratio for the file you are encoding.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-07-02 19:01:05 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just looked at your post again and I see you are transferring to DVD. Just simply choose the DVD template and encode making sure you have selected Full screen(keep aspect ratio) as the Video arrange method.

ASHY

pjwraith  2002-07-02 23:53:32 ( ID:cxvhlbv8gxm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I chose the DVD choice from the wizard when starting tmpegenc, is this the template to which u refer? or am I missing something.....

When you say the DVD player will autosize the ratio does this mean i can ignore the results of the preview in tmpeg? This shows the distorted picture,is this irrelevant then?

Thanks for the reply.

ASHY  2002-07-03 13:44:35 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are choosing the DVD template then as long as you choose the correct source aspect ratio and vdideo arrange method every thing should look ok in the preview.
You are obviously leaving a vital step out.
Post the steps you are taking and the original aspect ratio of your AVI file.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-07-05 19:48:27 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Just choosing the DVD option under TMPGEnc won't work with Divx avi's; the resultant file will still not comply to DVD standards and will be rejected by the authoring/burning software. You will have to go into the settings option and manually change the aspect ratio to 704x512 (for PAL).

I don't believe this statement is true at all as the aspect ratio you have quoted is totally wrong for DVD.
DVD aspect ratios are either 720x576 for PAL or 720x480 for NTSC and The TMPG template WILL select the correct output aspect ratio depending on the DVD template chosen.

If you are talking about the input aspect ratio then how can you automatically determine that it is going to be 704x512? It may be 352x288 or some other resolution so neither of those statements are true.

I suppose I can forgive you because from some of your other posts I can tell you seem relatively new to encoding MPEGs.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-07-06 13:07:07 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Like I said it's obvious you are new to encoding. Let me correct you once again and this time I'll give you proof.
>Clearly you have never encoded a DVD. If you had, and you knew anything about the DVD standard, you would know that 704x512 and 720x512 are BOTH legal DVD resolutions for PAL, with 704x480 and 720x480 BOTH being legal resolution for NTSC.

Wrong again, according to the specs legal resolutions are 704x576 and 720x576 for PAL and 704x480 and 720x480. No where does it state 704x512 is a legal resolution.
Take a look at the specs below.
http://www.discusa.com/dvd/dvdvideo/dvdv_vid2.htm

Next I still have a hard time believing that you say TMPG changes the resolution once a Divx is selected even after loading a template.
The DVD templates are locked and cannot be changed until they are unlocked. The only way that they would change after selecting a template is if the template was created by yourself. In this case the template wouldn't be locked and the resolution would indeed change after selecting the Divx if it's resolution is different.

You are correct that I don't have much experience encoding DVD, yet I have been encoding MPEGs for nearly 3 years now and Iam much accomplished at it.
I am also aware of the program IFOEDIT and you are right it is favourable to use this program rather than transcode and lose quality.

Having said this it still seems I am more knowledgable with respect to encoding and the DVD specs and nothing I have said has actuaually been wrong whereas your statements are clearly wrong and proved so by the evidence above.

So like I said you still seem like a newbie.

Once again you are forgiven.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-07-06 16:01:26 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok let me correct you ONCE again (I can't beleive I have to do this).

First of all it was YOU who brought up the subject of experience and how much you actually had with encoding. All I did was add that I also had much experience and as for the typo, twice you have quoted the same resolution in 2 different posts.

Secondly, nowhere in any of my posts have I advised transcoding DVD's.
If you read the original post it actually states that the movies are DIVX and the person wants to transfer them to DVD. Now forgive me, maybe I'm missing something here, but I think I'm right in assuming that IFOEDIT can't do this with DIVX files and the only way is to transcode to MPEG.

You may have more experience with IFOEDIT than myself, but I'm more or less sure I have greater knowledge as far as encoding is concerned and all my answers are based on research and my own experience.

In conclusion before you decide to retort with some clever comment, do yourself a favour and look at the previous posts, so you know what you are talking about, because to be honest this is now getting quite boring.

The expert,
ASHY

ASHY  2002-07-06 17:07:33 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't claim to be any sort of GURU, but I do know irrelevant and incorrect advice when I see it.
Unlike yourself I don't have to make claims of being some sort of well educated genius to gain some respect on this BBS. The advice I have given in the past on this board already speaks for itself.

Following up on your point of 'expert opinion', so now you claim to be some sort of expert. I would rather call MY opinons experienced advice.
Also as far as giving helpful advice is concerned, that is pricisely my intention. I think I have reasonable enough knowledge and experience which could benefit other people who use this BBS, maybe not all my advice will suit everyone and there will be instances where it may not be correct for that particular situation, but as you say, it is up to the user to decide.

One thing I do know is that my presence on this board is appreciated by those I have helped. It is not about 'hierarchy' it is about knowing that the experience and knowledge I have gained can help someone else and that is why I attend this board.

As for fretting about feeling threatened by my 'posistion' on this board by anyone with an expert opinion. All I can say is that certainly isn't you and what exactly is my position on this board may I ask?

ASHY

Griff  2002-07-07 14:50:47 ( ID:hrx7erbzyah )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I think I have reasonable enough knowledge and experience which could benefit other people who use this BBS, maybe not all my advice will suit everyone and there will be instances where it may not be correct for that particular situation, but as you say, it is up to the user to decide.

Well, I'll agree with you on that.

>Unlike yourself I don't have to make claims of being some sort of well educated genius to gain some respect on this BBS. The advice I have given in the past on this board already speaks for itself.

I'm a professional researcher and take my job seriously - I know how to research whatever I turn to.

I don't however slag other people's opinion, and you wouldn't be doing so either if you didn't feel threatened. As for respect, I'm not looking for it, although clearly you are.

I question your egalitarian motives and suspect you have a somewhat limited academic background and are trying to "prove" yourself on this, and maybe other, bulletin boards.

Griff

ASHY  2002-07-07 17:02:27 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

LOL, limited academic background you say. I'm not even going to take you up on that one.
Now I see you're getting rattled and resorting to cheap comments in an effort to undermine my self worth.
For someone who claims to have a proffesional background you have a childish attitude when it comes to having a disagreement about something.

Anyway your comments are beginning to become tiresome and I don't want to waste any more of my precious time corresponding with a deviant such as your self.

Reply if you choose, but it is unlikely I will bother checking back again. Maybe you could throw a few of those long words in you keep using in an attempt to prove your intelligence supersedes mine.

Regards,
ASHY

Griff  2002-07-07 18:16:32 ( ID:jjuoli2e8m. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>LOL, limited academic background you say. I'm not even going to take you up on that one.

I bet you arn't.

This bulletin board is starting to become a source of entertainment.

Griff

hardcore  2002-07-07 18:19:53 ( ID:p2auvcmxawm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

go Greif go! i support you

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.