Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 807 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Help with subtitles johnnie 1 2002-06-30 15:50:18
Question TE25 DVD Copy Neville 3 2002-07-07 19:05:33
Question TE25 TMPGEnc and Nero...Question from Newbie Tony 2 2002-07-01 20:22:56
Question TE25 Cut mpegs adi 9 2002-07-01 16:10:28
Bug report TE25 WinXP Visual Styles Ryguy@Home 1 2002-07-01 00:10:44
Question TE25 Flickering Titles Dpw 0 2002-06-29 21:29:56
Question TE25 DV Avi files made with Adobe Premiere6 dont work MiDo 1 2002-06-29 21:31:25
Request TE25 audio problems mrwezzly 1 2002-06-29 19:10:12
Question TE25 TMPGEnc & DVD Movie Factory martin bardoe 4 2002-07-27 12:36:25
Question TE25 Cut in 900sec-portions capilari 2 2002-06-29 21:55:52
Question TE25 Force picture type question ABS 0 2002-06-29 13:09:14
Question TE25 Sound Problems Fox_k 2 2002-06-30 17:02:21

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 807 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Help with subtitles No.24152
johnnie  2002-06-30 12:47:37 ( ID:6v0mlexcfsc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How can I add *.sub files in AVi or MPG file with TMPGenc?
I want to convert DivX with sub in MPG ( VCD or SVCD or DVD ) and
to watch on my home DVD/MP3/VCD/SCVD player.

ASHY  2002-06-30 15:50:18 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

See this post:

Question - Subtitles with TMPGEnc... No.24095

ASHY

Question - TE25 - DVD Copy No.24148
Neville  2002-06-30 03:55:57 ( ID:oycyzbxb0cc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi All.

I have just downloaded TMPEG software but I don't seem to copy DVD's What is the correct steps to do this

Minion  2002-06-30 04:21:42 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tmpgenc isn"t for Copying DVD"s,it is for encodeing avi/mov/d2v files to mpeg1/2 format, if you want to copy DVD"s you need more software, like "Smartripper" and "DVD2AVI" and a burning program like "Nero" or "VCDEasy" Go to www.vcdhelp.com and you can download the software and read a help manual on how to get a dvd movie on to a couple cd-r"s....

Neville  2002-07-02 07:42:59 ( ID:oycyzbxb0cc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks I will try that

Griff  2002-07-07 19:05:33 ( ID:jjuoli2e8m. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I have just downloaded TMPEG software but I don't seem to copy DVD's What is the correct steps to do this

You don't use TMPGEnc for DVD copying.

This is probably the quickest way, and discards the DVD menu:

i. Get a copy of SmartRipper and copy the DVD onto your hard disk

ii. get a copy of IFOEdit and open the first VOB (using the "creat IFO" button) of the movie - smartripper will only rip the movie VOBs if it's in movie mode.

iii. tell IFOEdit which folder you want to put your newly created VOBs in

iv. when IFOEdit's finished, re-open the VTS_01_1.IFO (or whatever the first IFO of the movie is) and click get VTS Sectors.

v. Copy all the files in the new folder into the VIDEO_TS directory created by Nero (assuming you use Nero to burn the DVDs).

vi. Burn the DVD

vii. watch the movie on your DVD player.

Griff

Question - TE25 - TMPGEnc and Nero...Question from Newbie No.24145
Tony  2002-06-29 22:46:55 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Group

I am having problems converting an AVI file to DVD using TMPG and Nero.

I have downloaded an AVI movie and want to put it onto a DVD, I have had to rip the sound track from the AVI using V/Dub..all o.k..then I started to convert the AVI to DVD, adding the ripped Wav file. This was completed o.k.

Now, when I come to burn it onto the DVD using Nero I get these error messages in Nero: Required file VIDEO TS.IFO IS NOT PRESENT and
Required file VIDEO TS.BUP IS NOT PRESENT and
DVD VIDEO FILES Compliance Test Failed

These error messages appear when I have pressed the 'Burn' button in Nero

TMPGE did the conversion,set as follows: DVD PAL (MPeg-2 720x576 25fps CQ65,LAYER-2 48000Hz 384kbps) (This data is at the bottom of the conversion screen)

My DVD burner is a Pioneer DVR A03
The original AVI file was sized at 733,968,384 and the converted MPeg file is now 1,849,249,796
The MPeg file plays o.k (with sound) in Media Player and Real One player

Any ideas what I have done wrong please ?

Regards
Tony

Hataian  2002-06-30 16:59:04 ( ID:ceso8j9ek8a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't know what the problem is,but you could try Spruceup.
It can create a DVD profile and burn it itself.
In this case,the profile should be correct and be burned correctly
to DVD.You can download a trial version on the Internet.
Search for Spruceup at http://www.google.com

Tony  2002-07-01 20:22:56 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for your help....will give it a try..

Regards

Tony

Question - TE25 - Cut mpegs No.24135
adi  2002-06-29 21:55:08 ( ID:hopuwio3fbn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hy .

Anybody know how can i cut the mpeg to can burn it on CD.I convert a movie and size is 1,4 GB

Minion  2002-06-29 22:40:06 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

"File" to "Mpeg Tools" to "merge and cut" and if it don"t work find a mpeg editor....

Paul Memoli  2002-06-30 16:20:38 ( ID:/1isfusp3aa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Guys,
these BBS messages have been very helpful. I read about the mpeg editor DVTools on this board yesterday and was able to make 2 -3 smaller mpeg files from SVD coded files for several movies. The only remaining problem is that Nero Ver 5.5.7 says that it needs a SVCD encoder plug in.
If I simply take the SVCD mpeg file that I made using TMPG and slice it to fit a CD-R and then burn it with Nero the result is something like a slide show - a series of short, choppy video bursts with scattered sound. This happens whether I set NERO to "SVCD" or non-compliant CD.
Now NERO offers the SVCD encoder for $16, it is not the cost of the software, but the question is whether I really need it. Will Nero burn a TMPG SVCD mpeg file without the SVCD encoder?

Rick  2002-06-30 19:33:11 ( ID:q7u5woyp1aa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I cannot burn an SVCD with Nero either, but VCDeasy (free software) works great. Can see tips on using it at VCDhelp.com

Here's a download site (although it has many "pop-ups"; might want to disable cookies first.)

Rick  2002-06-30 19:34:52 ( ID:q7u5woyp1aa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry, I forgot to paste the download site:

http://www.tucows.com/mmedia/preview/260392.html

Paul Memoli  2002-06-30 21:40:37 ( ID:/1isfusp3aa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

VCD Easy does not seem to support my Dell Dimension CD-RW.
That's ok, I realized while reading thru some of these posts that the problem may be that my Panasonic "Progressive scan" DVD, Video CD, CD and MP3 player may simply not support SVCD. I had thought that "progressive scan" meant that it could read anything...
I went to Circuit City to ask the sales help for advice, but they were clueless. There were no DVD players that also stated that they played SVCD so I could not test out the SVCD disc that seemed to "skip" when played on my machine. For the time being, I am going to cease trying to make SVCDs - my next venture may be to buy one of the AT1-All in Wonder boards so that I can capture TV signals and digitalize them at high resolution. It seems that hi-res avi files make sharper TV pictures even when recorded as a VCD, so I guess I'll try to increase picture quality from the front end, rather than the rear end!

Minion  2002-06-30 23:14:53 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you want to increase the quality of your vcd"s I don"t think a capture board is going to help much,get a dvd rom and rip dvd"s if you want quality, it is easier and will give you better quality than captureing, and you don"t have to fork out a bunch of cash on something that might not be what you want, i"m just saying this cuz I bought a "all in wonder" a couple months ago and it wasn"t what i expected and I had problems with it from day one...

Paul Memoli  2002-06-30 23:45:40 ( ID:/1isfusp3aa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion, I'm just not happy with the quality that I have been able to achieve with burning VCDs from KaZaA files. The best quality vcd came from an erotic file called Dark Angel by a guy named Andrew Blake. It had been encoded in a higher resolution to start with, AVI at (740 x something that I can't recall) and made a really sharp VCD. Most avi files of tv shows or movies are at 320x240 and even when I use TMPG to encode them as MPEG and then use Nero to burn them the images on the TV screen are still somewhat blurry.
ANIME is always sharp.
So I want to be able to watch clear and sharp network tv shows and movies on disk. I thought I could invest $200 in a ATI "All in Wonder" board and run my tv cable into the computer, and then digitalize the cable output at a hi resolution.But now I wonder if I shouldn't simply get a stand alone DVD recorder....
So much to think about, so little cash!!!!

Minion  2002-07-01 03:47:50 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi ,Just get a dvd-rom (about $75)not a dvd-burner ,then all you need is your cd-rw and you can make vcd/svcd"s that look like dvd"s, the ones I do are at high resolution(704 by 480)and have menues,chapters and look awesome, and you don"t have to spend $700 on a dvd burner and $5-$10 for each dvd-r, I wouldn"t spend that kind of cash on something unless I was sure i needed it and if you can get simular results with a tenth the cash I think it is worth the investment,Just a thought....

ASHY  2002-07-01 16:10:28 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In answer to the guy who is having problems burning SVCD's with Nero after using DVtool to split his files.

The simple answer to your problem is that you can NOT just simply cut the file in three and then burn in Nero.

All SVCD and VCD MPEG files need to have a header attached to them in order for them to be recognized as a SVCD or VCD. DVtool does not do this and I'm pretty sure this is the reason for your choppy playback.

Once you have split those files you need to run them through the simple multiplexer in MPEGtools to attach a SVCD header to the files and then burn in NERO using the SVCD option.
I guess also that nero gave you some sort of warning when you loaded the file. The NERO SVCD plugin is for re-encoding files and is crap, so dont bother.

All you need to do is load the MPEG files into the simple multiplexer and choose 'MPEG2 Super VCD(VBR)' as the type and then run, then burn in NERO with the SVCD option.

ASHY

Bug report - TE25 - WinXP Visual Styles No.24133
Ryguy@Home  2002-06-29 21:47:24 ( ID:y0cv6nkdwhf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First of all I'm using Windows XP and am a big fan of the ability to change the visual styles. In the main windows of tmpgenc(all versions I think), if you drag the windows up from the buttom right corner until you can't make it any smaller, the window(just tmpgenc not any other parts of winxp) will change the visual style back to the default classic style(which looks like crap). I really don't care about this. I just think it's odd. If anyone understands what I'm talking about I'll be suprised. If anyone has winxp try it out.

willyiam  2002-07-01 00:10:44 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Not exactly a bug - Cosmetic more like. More to the point, why do you want to do such a thing? Seems absolutely pointless to me!

Question - TE25 - Flickering Titles No.24132
Dpw  2002-06-29 21:29:56 ( ID:he4tbdlesmn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for all the advice on the flickering titles. I downloaded AVISynth and am trying to figure out how it works (I had never heard of a frame server). However I have noticed that the title are flickering in the original AVI file that I have exported from premiere. So I will probably need to clean that up first. Any suggestions? I have been using indeo (at 90% quality) as my exporting compression in premiere. I export at 640 by 480 (4:3 aspect) Aspect ration is set to sqare pixels (1.0), and of course a 29.97 frame rate. Should I not use Indeo, or would an aspect ratio set to D1/DV NTSC (0.9) be better? Any thoughts? Thanks again

Question - TE25 - DV Avi files made with Adobe Premiere6 dont work No.24130
MiDo  2002-06-29 20:47:06 ( ID:n8wohznxa82 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,experts!
I capture with my digital8 videos with scenalyser life.
For editing I use Pinnacle Studio7 for easy projects,and for more fancy projects Adobe Premiere6.
After capturing I can all dv-avi files open with TMPGEnc.If I make a video rendered with Studio7, also no problems, I can open and convert the file with
TMPBEnc.
But if I make a video with the same material, rendered with Premiere6 TMPGEnc doesent open this avi file.
Please is there a answer to this problem?
Regards, Michael

Minion  2002-06-29 21:31:25 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First you can try to raise the priority of the "openDML file reader" in the "Vfapi Plugins" but if this doesn"t work then it is probably due to the codec that you are useing in premier to render your file, tmpgenc is compatible with most formats but not all so try to use a different codec in premier...

Request - TE25 - audio problems No.24128
mrwezzly  2002-06-29 18:37:04 ( ID:ilellxynfm. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

after reading your page, i to find that when encoding to mpeg i lose all audio within 15 seconds of the mpeg-1 starting.
u mentioned using virtualdub to extract the audio 1st, can you please tell me where i can download virtualdub.

many thanx

Hataian  2002-06-29 19:10:12 ( ID:hyuh2mwngq6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://www.virtualdub.org

Question - TE25 - TMPGEnc & DVD Movie Factory No.24123
martin bardoe  2002-06-29 17:48:51 ( ID:cgx3nbhwwxm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi All

I've encoded several PAL DVD's now but my latest one has a slight problem.
Encoded with VBR4000 and authured with Ulead MF.
After adding chapters and burning the DVD. Some of the chapter thumb neils do not correspond to the actual position i.e.if you click on a thumb neil, it will take you abaout a minute before that chapter actually starts.The DVD is 124min with 9 chapters with 3 chapters showing a minute error.

Any ideas on how to fix this. I hope it's not a TMPGEnc problem but down to MF problem as I don't want to encode this DVD again as it took 23 hours.

Regards
Martin

Minion  2002-06-29 22:44:00 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well if the mpeg file was fine before you used "ulead" then it is a problem with "ulead" I don"t know if this is your problem but sometimes when ripping a dvd the chapters of the dvd get extracted in the wrong order so check the vob files(if you are copying a dvd)and see if the chapters are in the right order..

martin bardoe  2002-06-30 11:08:42 ( ID:cgx3nbhwwxm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Minion

Thanks for the input but no I wasn't ripping a DVD. What I was doing, was capturing a video 8 tape to avi via Pinnacle Studio 7,encoding with TMPGNec and then author & burn with Movie Factory. After selecting the chapter thunbnails in MF, all seems well. i.e click on the thunbnail and the video position is correct. So I burn the DVD with MF (have also burned with Easy cd creator) and when you play it in the DVD player that's when you see that some of the thunbnails are out by a minute or two.

I have seen some threads on the Pinnacle forum about time codes having to be corrected but that was in connection with DV tapes.

Regards
Martin

martin bardoe  2002-07-03 15:14:59 ( ID:cgx3nbhwwxm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Been looking at the Ulead Movie Factory web board.
Seems the problem I've been having is down to MF and VBR.

Hope this link works ok.

http://news.ulead.com:8080/read?21267,73

Martin

Ray Keech  2002-07-27 12:36:25 ( ID:l2gdlg101aj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi
Like you I use TMPGEnc with MF to burn my own DVD+RW from my Digital 8 Material. I experienced the same problem with the chapters being out when played on a DVD player, yet within MF it seemed to work fine. My fix was to play the coded MPEG2 file in Media Player or similiar locate the chapter points I wanted and note the timecode at each chapter point from within media player. Then back into MF and enter these timecodes for the chapter points required. MF has completley the wrong thumbnails, but ignore that. Burn the DVD and bingo you'll find all your chapter timings are perfect.
From this I concluded it's a bug Ulead Movie Factory and wondered if it's something to do with handling various GOP structures as it will only put chapter points on the I frames and the dafault GOP within TMPGEnc is variable, but that's a guess and probably wrong !
Hope it works for you.
Regards
Ray Keech

Question - TE25 - Cut in 900sec-portions No.24120
capilari  2002-06-29 16:14:12 ( ID:0fepkln/kpc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried the 'Merge & Cut'-Tool in order to split a mpeg into 2 files. The program only takes 900 seconds from the input file. Does anybody know why?

Minion  2002-06-29 21:24:10 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Noboby know"s why the mpeg tools have so many bugs in them and all you can really do about it is to use a different mpeg editor, if you are doing mpeg1/vcd there is a freeware program called "vcd cutter" that will edit your mpeg1 files.

foxx  2002-06-29 21:55:52 ( ID:ujv2ebjxawc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

the tool i have found 4 cut & merge of a video file is DVTool very easy to use to

download it from here

http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/dvtool.html

Question - TE25 - Force picture type question No.24119
ABS  2002-06-29 13:09:14 ( ID:0v38fp4fqco )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Anyone out there knows if I can select a range of pictures in the "Force picture type" rather going one by one and marking them?

Also, anyone tried to set the bitrate in there and can give some impression?

Question - TE25 - Sound Problems No.24116
Fox_k  2002-06-29 01:50:10 ( ID:vrgm/ygtr9h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello, Im having an strange problem. I encoded a file using TMPGEnc V2.56 and everything works good except, about 5 minuets into the video the sound quits. Not a single peep for the rest of the file. Please let me know what other data I can provide to assist in any way, and thankyou for your time in advance.

Fox_k

Minion  2002-06-29 02:18:11 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you use audio fromats that are not fully supported in tmpgenc you get no sound or cutting out sound,Tmpgenc seems to have problems encodeing compressed audio sources like mp3, mp2,ac3 ect, wav format is the best to encode so what you do is extract the audio to a wav file with virtualdub and use that as your audio source in tmpgenc,and don"t view your mpeg files with media player cuz it can play you mpeg files with audio cutting out and or out of sync, use dvd playing software like power dvd.

a1sy  2002-06-30 17:02:21 ( ID:fmpl.kohmzn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, I have the similar problem , but not sure is it TMPGenc os DVD software.
My audio disappear in the end of movie, for example if the movie 1 min - after 40 sec,if the movie 3 min - after 2 min. I though that the problem with TMPGenc,because I adding some MP3 music in Pinnacle Studio 7 for editing. So,the problem just on my DVD. But if I checking my mpg file on hard disk before burning I have audio without problem. So, I'm not sure it's Tmpgenc's problem.
Sergey

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.