Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 817 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 no audio in avi --> mpeg2 convert robb 2 2002-06-24 00:11:36
Question TE25 index out of range 281 beepybeepy 2 2002-06-27 05:36:05
Question TE25 NoVideo MoVieBoY 1 2002-06-23 05:47:01
Question TE25 Error while encoding mpeg-2 from avi fisheez 0 2002-06-22 23:52:36
Question TE25 can't cahnge setting to higher quality col 1 2002-06-22 23:57:29
Question TE25 Errors Jenn 8 2002-06-23 21:51:05
Question TE25 Combining .avi files R L Vaughan 3 2002-06-23 18:27:06
Question TE25 Sony VX2000 16:9 comparison (internal vs Anamorphic lens) VX2000 0 2002-06-22 17:29:54
Question TE25 Red Shave when Encoding avi => Vcd Steve 1 2002-06-22 16:47:55
Question TE25 jittery playback on VCD when panning Beni K. 1 2002-06-22 16:59:26
Question TE25 Can TMPGenc Open .AC3 files? Flaystus 1 2002-06-22 12:25:08
Question TE25 Open vob file in wizard but its only about a second long? Flaystus 11 2002-06-24 07:16:10

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 817 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - no audio in avi --> mpeg2 convert No.23765
robb  2002-06-23 09:14:27 ( ID:5nheroya38. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I wonder if anyone can help me.
I have a .avi divx file that has "Morgan Stream Switcher" compression.
It can be played fine in 3 diffrent players but when I convert it to anything with TMPGEnc Plus, the video looks great but there is no audio.
Why can't TMPGEnc Plus convert the audio with the video?
Do I have to extract the audio with a diffrent program and then merge it with the processed video? I hope there is an easier way.
Please help if you can.

Thanx Robb

Tomo  2002-06-23 16:22:05 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

extract the audio with virtual dub in wav form the when u start the tmpg wizard insert the video and the extracted wav file and off u go.....all it is ...is that tmpg doesnt support certain forms of audio

robb  2002-06-24 00:11:36 ( ID:5nheroya38. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanks

Question - TE25 - index out of range 281 No.23762
beepybeepy  2002-06-23 05:36:30 ( ID:djr6tsaxvkw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can anyone please help with error message "Index of scan line is out of range 281" I spent 3 months downloading this movie and 4mins 27 secs into changing it from an 'avi' to an mpeg with TMPGEnc 2.55 I get this message and it stops encoding. Please if anyone can help, tell me in easy to understand lingo.

Minion  2002-06-23 05:55:22 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This could mean that there is some corruption in your avi file, possibly bad frames, there is nothing you can do about it accept you can start encodeing again at the point right after it crashed then you can join the files together after encodeing,you can do this by going to the "source range" setting and set it to start encodeing a few frames after it crashed then after it is done load the files in the merge and cut and merge them together.These are common problems with movies downloaded off the net cuz information gets lost or corrupted while encodeing especially in your case when it takes so long to download one movie.....

cram4613  2002-06-27 05:36:05 ( ID:z4bgrhvbzl. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I go the same p3package.dll error on mine. I did what menion said and it work (slow), but worked. I then stopped that and put the .dll file in system and system32 folders and it worked like a charm. I don't know what is wrong with your application, but I haven't seen anywhere that you uninstalled and reinstalled the application. (first rule of troubleshooting).

>It is simple enough that this may be a "PEBCAK" error. (Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard)

And to address all of the "put p3package.dll in the search field" that only brings up all of these complaints. Someone needs to place the .dll file on here so that it can be copied and give a valid solution to this. There is no real solution that I see. Us users have to sort through the complaining and ignorance in order to find a solution.

Question - TE25 - NoVideo No.23760
MoVieBoY  2002-06-23 03:23:31 ( ID:ovu/fttqch6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am converting an AVI to SVCD with TMPgenc and when it finishes there is no video, just audio. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

MoVieBoY

Minion  2002-06-23 05:47:01 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This can be caused by a few thing"s but first a little tip, if there is no video in the encodeing screen while encodeing then there is no video in your mpeg file,but first you should post the procedure and settings you used to encode your file and you should post the specs of your avi file like frame rate resolution and codec with out this information we can only guess at what might be wrong.first you need to have the proper codecs installed on your machine to decode your file, you should make sure that your "direct show" plugin is set to a high enuff priority, to do this go to "options" to "enviromental settings" to "vfapi plugins" and raise the "direct show" plugin to "2" by right clicking it.Another reason could be that your avi file is encoded with a codec that is not supported in tmpgenc like some dv codecs...you can try these things to see if they work and if they don"t post the correct information so we don"t have to play a guessing game.......good luck....

Question - TE25 - Error while encoding mpeg-2 from avi No.23759
fisheez  2002-06-22 23:52:36 ( ID:wvt/qewffuh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK, I get a "Read Error Occured at Address 00477747 of module 'TMPGEnc.exe' with 043E71AE" error when encoding MPEG2 video from AVI.

I've tried to figure this one out on my own but haven't been able to. Any help would be appreciated.

My system stats:
Celeron II 1 ghz oc'd to 1.3 ghz
PNY GEForce3 ti200
ASUS TUSL2-C Mobo
Intel 815 EP Chipset
512mb PC133 SDRAM
SB Live! 5.1 sound
WD 60 GB 7200 RPM HD
WD 40 GB 7200 RPM HD
Pinnacle DC10+ Video Capture
... and some other stuff that's the same as everyone else's
Running XP Professional

Question - TE25 - can't cahnge setting to higher quality No.23757
col  2002-06-22 20:53:48 ( ID:jjuoli2e8m. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i want to raise the resulution but it is locked away, i have tryed loaded the unlock template but its says illegal streaming

Minion  2002-06-22 23:57:29 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You might be getting the error cuz you can only use resolutions in mpeg that are divisible by 8 and if you try to use a illegal resolution you will get an error........

Question - TE25 - Errors No.23748
Jenn  2002-06-22 18:26:40 ( ID:0ghou8jovnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I keep getting the error "Cannot load P3Package.dll" when I try and insert the file to be converted. Is it a problem with my file or the program?

ASHY  2002-06-22 19:46:11 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Search > P3Package.dll

don  2002-06-22 21:50:15 ( ID:hztmmyhjehm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I keep getting the error "Cannot load P3Package.dll" when I try and insert the file to be converted. Is it a problem with my file or the program?

yeh if u run the p3package in the background then press start it will work

Minion  2002-06-23 00:08:50 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This question is one of the most common questions ever asked in this forum and has been answered hundreds of times but here goes again, look in your tmpgenc folder and copy and paste the "p3p package.dll" into you system and system32 folder and then it will work....

xed  2002-06-23 06:56:00 ( ID:87sew/.hqy6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am sorry to say that MINION's claim is utterly and categorically false.
I have encountered the error CANNOT LOAD p3package.dll non-stop, continually,
100% of the time since downloading TMPGENC, and copying p3packag.dll to botht he SYSTEM and SYSTEM32 folders does N*O*TH*I*N*G whatsoever to solve the problem.
MINION is not merely incorrect, he is so spectacularly wrong that a claim that the earth is flat or that ice sinks in water would qualify as highly accurate by comparison with MINION's categorically false statement.
Here are the steps I have taken, all with no result whatsoever, to try to solve the constant non-stop incessant continual CANNOT LOAD p3package.dll error in TMPGENC:
[1] I changed the path environment variable in autoexec.bat under WIN 98SE
to include C:progra~1TMPGENCp3packag.dll
This does N*O*T*H*I*N*G to solve the error.
[2] I copied p3packag.dll to the windows and system and system32 folders.
[3] I identified the name of every single folder everywhere in my computer and wrote a batch program to copy p3packag.dll to every subdirectory everywhere in my computer.

I have now run out of ideas for solving this problem.
In fact, this problem does not appear solvable. I strongly suspect that this error is a cover-up for the fact that TMPGENC is disabled and will not permit use until the user pays for it. The problem with that, of course, is that when I encounter a program which crashes whenever I try to use it (as TMPGENC does), why should I have any faith that the program will suddenly STOP crashing after I pay money for it?
Any reasonable person wishes to get some evidence that a program actually works before paying for it. I am more than willing to pay $50 for TMPGENC, but I must first see some evidence that the program actually works.
As far as I can tell, TMPGENC is a vastly elaborate con job. In all likelihood the "program" is a shell that does nothing. After paying $50 I will in all probability get a message "woof woof! Gotcha! you're out $50, sucker!" instead of a message saying that the program is actually running.
Now, come clean, MINION...you haven't ever actually gotten TMPGENC to run, have you? In fact, no one anywhere has ever actually gotten TMPGENC to run, isn't that right?
TMPGENC is an elaborate scam, isn't that the real truth?

ASHY  2002-06-23 13:00:57 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why don't you just try downloading the program again, it may have become corrupt in the download.

ASHY

willyiam  2002-06-23 19:19:30 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

To xed, or should that be 'Shit-Head'

1. Learn how to use a computer.
2. Learn how to use Software.
3. Go through the learning curve again.
4. And again - Again - Again - Again.
5. When competent, buy a decent computer.
6. Use TMPGEnc as it was written to be used.
7. Don't knock those who give their time to help others.
8. Still have a problem? Go back to 1 and start again.

BILL

Minion  2002-06-23 21:42:08 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Then there is something wrong with YOUR SYSTEM cuz it works 99% of the time so what does this mean? "YOUR SYSTEM" has some problem that you should not blame me for and an attitude like that isn"t going to solve your problem, especially when you put down those who try to help you I can gaurantee you that this is the last problem that anyone here ever helps you with..

Minion  2002-06-23 21:51:05 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Here I am going back on my word cuz I feel sory for you "WA WA boo hoo WA WA"what you do is go to "options" to "enviromental settings" to the "cpu" tab and uncheck all the boxes"eg:sse,mmx" every thing there,this WILL work but it won"t use the pentium3 optimizations...now go encode something and come back and appoligise profusely take back every word you said then maybe billy will come out to play with you.....

Question - TE25 - Combining .avi files No.23744
R L Vaughan  2002-06-22 18:08:17 ( ID:nvo59g0cvyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is it possible to encode several .avi files into a single .mpg file?

Hataian  2002-06-22 18:18:15 ( ID:pq/ugw.8krm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes:Open the first in Virtualdub,then append the others by using the
"append"-function and frameserve it to Tmpgenc.

DanS  2002-06-23 17:52:27 ( ID:z38op/mumwm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a similiar problem : Batch encoding
I want to batch encode a whole number of .wmv files - but can't (you have use the project wizard for each individual file!).

What a pity there is no way of adding files to nthe batch encoding list unless you use the project wizard - if you try to edit the .tbe file manually - its all in binary! - Any one no of a tool to edit this list with ease ?

ASHY  2002-06-23 18:27:06 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://www.innsys.com.au/doylie/cat_Development/TMPEG_Batcher/TMPEG_List.htm

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Sony VX2000 16:9 comparison (internal vs Anamorphic lens) No.23743
VX2000  Home )  2002-06-22 17:29:54 ( ID:du6/nlare5w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://members.cox.net/vx2000/
Any other experiences?
Comments?

Question - TE25 - Red Shave when Encoding avi => Vcd No.23741
Steve  2002-06-22 16:33:06 ( ID:nhn/zmtlm8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
I have downloaded TMPGEnc 2,5 and Strated the Encoding of an AVI file to a VCD mpg.

After having encoded the File I have in the VCD File red shaves.

So I send the AVI to a friend of mine, and he tooked the same settings as i did and got a super Quality mpg.

The Only differenc was that my Sysytem was an Laptop Intel Celeron 660 with 128 MB ram, an the Computer of my friend an Intel P4 1,5 GH with 512 MB RAM so it seems, that it depends on the CPU.

Can this be and Can I do something about it?

TNX

Steve

ASHY  2002-06-22 16:47:55 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What the hell are red shaves?

ASHY

Question - TE25 - jittery playback on VCD when panning No.23739
Beni K.  2002-06-22 15:51:37 ( ID:ckrrtd0brqr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

Is it normal to have a jittery playback when panning? I capture the source from handycam and get an AVI file. There's no jittery in AVI file, but when encoding to PAL VCD the jittery is there. I test with the correct field order. I try to encode to SVCD, the jittery is gone.

Is it because the deinterlacing field on VCD? How to get smooth picture on VCD, especialy when panning or fast movement? Please help. Thank you.

ASHY  2002-06-22 16:59:26 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It seems like you either have the field order wrong, you have changed the framerate or you need to de-interlace the source.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Can TMPGenc Open .AC3 files? No.23737
Flaystus  2002-06-22 12:23:45 ( ID:ars/fqvczyr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tried last night but it says that it cannot read it, do I have to have special software installed? I have PowerDVD installed and I "thought" that was all I needed.

ASHY  2002-06-22 12:25:08 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need an ac3 decoder or just convert the ac3 to a wav file.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Open vob file in wizard but its only about a second long? No.23725
Flaystus  2002-06-22 12:22:08 ( ID:ars/fqvczyr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I opened a 1GB vob file in TMPGenc and even though it has a ton of video in it whenI get to the end of the wizard it says its only gonna take a few mb of space (i'm trying to lower its bitrate) So I encode and it a split second its done... with only a few seconds of video... what gives? A few problem vobs do this others work fine. I've also had it happen with a M2V file.

ASHY  2002-06-22 12:27:06 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's not advisable to open vobs with TMPG, you would be better off converting the vobs to a d2v file with DVD2AVI.

ASHY

Flaystus  2002-06-22 12:29:22 ( ID:ars/fqvczyr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It does this with some D2V files also, mainly ones that were created from VOBs... so I'm right back to square one.

ASHY  2002-06-22 16:49:57 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What software do you use to rip the vobs?

ASHY

Flaystus  2002-06-22 23:39:25 ( ID:cait6xskj46 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Smartripper, it seems the problem is because there is a slideshow contained inside the vob... now I just need to find a way to extract only the video from it... but I have no clue how, by the way thanks for the assistance. I'm new to TMPGenc and it seems like the product I've been looking for for a long time.

Minion  2002-06-23 00:14:14 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What should work is go to the source range and set the begining and end points of your file this has worked in the past for avi files with the same problem, but Ashys totaly right you shouldn"t load vob foles directly into tmpgenc from my experience it takes a lot longer to encode vob files than d2v files, another thing you can try is to load the vob files into the "vfapi converter" and then load the psudo avi into tmpgenc and see if that works....

Flaystus  2002-06-23 01:07:19 ( ID:cait6xskj46 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Strange thing is I've been to the source range and it won't let me adust it since it thinks its only one second long... I put the M2V and AC3 files back together into an MPEG and if I play it as a mpeg it will play the sideshow, the trailers, THEn the movie, but if I try to skip anything in the file it will act like it can't read.... very perplexing... anyways thanks for the assistance everyone.

Flaystus  2002-06-23 01:10:18 ( ID:cait6xskj46 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As I'm at work right now I'll have to wait until in the morning to try the vfapi converter thing... I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Minion  2002-06-23 06:03:21 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What does "dvd2avi" do with this file, does it see the whole file ?it should and if it does then there shouldn"t be a problem, but you can allways try ripping the dvd again....

Flaystus  2002-06-23 06:55:15 ( ID:cait6xskj46 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Dunno... haven't run DVD2AVI on it yet. The entire point was to get it to MPEG and not AVI so I haven't tried that yet, but I will. If I can get to something I can cut the extras out of manually that fine, I just need something i can work with.

Far as reripping it goes it will do it everytime, it has something to do with the fact that they shoved some extras into the original vob, and I haven't found a way to get them out.

ASHY  2002-06-23 12:46:54 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Whenever I have a problem ripping a movie with Smartripper I then use Vstrip.
The always seems to sort any problems out and will allow you to rip to an MPEG2 file if you wish.

If you say it is the trailers and the side show which are causing the problem then why don't you find out what the chapters are for these trailers using a software DVD player such as WinDVD and then uncheck the relevant chapters in smartripper.

ASHY

Flaystus  2002-06-24 07:16:10 ( ID:ydl3h9zwif2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Problem is solved!
Loaded the VOB file in questions into vstrip and it will hang, BUT if you have it split the vob at every cellid it will rip out the extras and then you can encode it.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.