Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 830 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 VFAPI Plug-In John 3 2002-06-14 02:45:40
Free talk TE25 Awesome Software Zorella 1 2002-06-13 18:02:20
Question TE25 Relative Newbie David 1 2002-06-12 21:53:35
Question TE25 Program freezes while converting Fgross 1 2002-06-12 21:49:45
Question TE25 Can't load SVCD-Movies HollowMan 2 2002-06-13 06:25:45
Question TE25 Best result AVI to MGG2 Video SE user 3 2002-06-12 22:05:55
Question TE25 Audio stops playing 2:03 mins into video laxity 2 2002-06-19 23:52:09
Question TE25 Problem with dark images in movies with Napa Dav 311 Nonos 2 2002-06-14 11:09:11
Question TE25 Pixelation in SVCD but not VCD Big Johnny 1 2002-06-12 21:20:26
Question TE25 Is it possible to automate the batch encoding? Dietmar Joosten 2 2002-06-13 05:25:12
Question TE25 Can TMPGEnc "zoom out" the frame on an encode? The Digital Dan 6 2002-06-27 17:57:29
Question TE25 Is it possible to encode an Mpeg2 movie at the res. 800x300 Dazzling Bull 1 2002-06-12 21:09:42

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 830 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - VFAPI Plug-In No.23241
John  2002-06-12 22:33:02 ( ID:nwosmamnqam )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have not been able to find much documentation on the VFAPI plug-in. Can anyone please tell me what it for and what is the best way to make the settings to encode from the Premier timeline through AVISynth for DVD production?

Thanks,

John

Minion  2002-06-13 04:34:48 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The vfapi plugins give priority to different file types, so if you are useing "dvd2avi" you would tupn up the "dvd2avi plugin" if your avi"s codec is "open DML" format, you would turn up the "open DML file reader" if your file is of a "direct show" format then you turn up the "direct show" plugin, if your input file is "mpeg2" then you turn up the "mpeg2 plugin" if your files codec it "video for windows" format then you turn up the "vfw file reader" and so on ect ect ect.Turning the pririty to high isn"t good either so don"t turn any of the plugins past "2"..I have no idea what format "avisynth" runs under but I would think it would be direct show,but the plugins have no bearing on quality they just sort of make tmpgenc compatible to decode there format...

John  2002-06-13 15:13:50 ( ID:nwosmamnqam )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Minion,

Thanks for your answer. Are the plug-ins all loaded when loading the VFAPI download from the TMPGEnc site or do they need to be loaded separately and, if so, where does one get them? The files I am using are avi in DV format encoded on capture by Matrox RT2000 and combined into a full video project in Premiere. I'm not sure what plug-in applies to that. Any advice?

Thanks,

John

Minion  2002-06-14 02:45:40 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you been able to encode those "DV" files at all?probably not cuz you are useing aviSYNTH?I don"t really know what to say kuz I don"t know anything about "Matrox" or what format it is under but if you have a specific problem that I can help you with you can e-mail me and i will be more than happy to help if I can........see ya

Free talk - TE25 - Awesome Software No.23239
Zorella  Home )  2002-06-12 22:06:59 ( ID:vsmn5kwzoig )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just want to say this software saved my life and I love it!!! Saved my job too... hehe

Thanks,
Zorella

NewtronX  2002-06-13 18:02:20 ( ID:blvxpewgwwm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well if it saved your job maybe you might purchase it if you didnt already to show the maker your gratitude.

Question - TE25 - Relative Newbie No.23237
David  2002-06-12 21:45:55 ( ID:0sivny1.xrf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to use TMPG on a file, but I keep getting "the error when ACM was initialized" when I start the encoding. I can see the movie in the Source Range, so I know it is reading it. I have been told the file needs the "Ogg Vorbis" codec, which I downloaded and ran, but that doesn't seem to help. Any suggestions on what to do?

Minion  2002-06-12 21:53:35 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The "ACM" error is an audio decodeing error of some sort,What you should do is extract the audio from your avi file and convert it to wav useing virtua dub, then use the wav file as your audio input in tmpgenc..wav is the easiest format for tmpgenc to decode and encode so you might not have a problem if you do it like this........

Question - TE25 - Program freezes while converting No.23235
Fgross  2002-06-12 20:40:59 ( ID:rcn9mesu3m6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

While converting some avi files, the program will freeze and stop responding. Any ideas ?

Minion  2002-06-12 21:49:45 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If it happens with certain avi files then it probably means that your avi files have corrupted sectors in it..If the program just freezes up on you then there isn"t much you can do but if you are getting an error then there are certain things you can do for certain errors..you can try to frame serve the avi file from virtua dub but if the file is badly corrupted then that might not work either.These are common problems with files that are downloaded off the net...

Question - TE25 - Can't load SVCD-Movies No.23232
HollowMan  2002-06-12 20:29:40 ( ID:q7eesjkxjvg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How can help me??

If I want as video input load a SVCD-Movie always comes the error message:

"Can not open or unsupported".

Which codec must I have to can loading SVCD-Movies??

Please help me!!

Thanks for all answers.

Minion  2002-06-12 21:46:14 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need the "mpeg2 vfapi plugin" to load mpeg2 files into "tmpgenc" and you might have to de-multiplex your file to load it in to.You can find the mpeg2 plugin at vcdhelp.com in the tools section.....

HollowMan  2002-06-13 06:25:45 ( ID:v.tjhkgz0hj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanks

Question - TE25 - Best result AVI to MGG2 No.23228
Video SE user  2002-06-12 19:07:40 ( ID:th5jgoq84y. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What has the best results,
Captured AVI in Pinnacle Studio SE and "make movie" MPEG2 (SVCD)
or AVI convert with MPGenc to MPEG2.

Who has experience with that

Minion  2002-06-12 21:43:53 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I know that the "pinnacle dv codec" is NOT compatible with "tmpgenc" so if you are captureing with "pinnacle" you will have to use a supported codec, tmpgenc supports "video for windows" codecs and "open DML Direct Show Codecs", but for the best quality you should capture to uncompressed avi.The encoder in "pinnacle" isn"t nearly as good as "tmpgenc" so I wouldn"t use pinnacle to encode to mpeg...

Video Se user  2002-06-12 21:53:41 ( ID:th5jgoq84y. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you for your reply,

I know that the "pinnacle dv codec" is NOT compatible with "tmpgenc" ?

I can open captured AVI file and convert to MPEG2 (SVCD) without any problem so I don't know what you mean by that.

But what I realy want to know if there are some quality difference between AVI to MPEG2 Studio SE or AVI to MPEG2 with TMPGenc.

Minion  2002-06-12 22:05:55 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I said that "tmpgenc" will give you better quality than the pinnacle mpeg encoder,I don"t think I said anything about not being able to load captured files and encodeing to mpeg2, I just said that the pinnacle codec is not supported. You are probably the best person to tell what quality is best for you, my persomal opinion is that the mpeg encoder in pinnacle studio isn"t as good as Tmpgenc but you could have a different version than I...

Question - TE25 - Audio stops playing 2:03 mins into video No.23225
laxity  2002-06-12 18:23:26 ( ID:ksbmsrz6oig )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I am having problems with audio cutting out after exactly 2:03 minutes. This only happens once I have encoded to PAL VCD with tmpgenc 2.54.

Here is what I am doing :

1. I use iuVCR and the huffyuv codec to capture.
2. I load the huffyuv capture file into VirtualDUB 1.4.10 to edit the video
3. I save out the edited video using direct stream copy
4. I then use TMPGenc 2.54 to create a PAL VCD mpeg using the edited video

When I play back the mpeg the audio cuts out everytime at exactly 2 minutes 3 seconds. (This happens for other captures too).

Also the audio plays back fine before I encode with tmpgenc.

Am I doing something wrong here? Any ideas?

Cheers,
Richard.

Minion  2002-06-12 21:38:42 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First off what are you playing you mpeg files through? If it is "Media Player" then that could be your problem, never play mpeg files in "media player" cuz it has a problem playing mpeg files really badly with audio cut outs and such.Try useing a dvd playing software to play your mpeg file ,like "power dvd".But if this isn"t your problem then encode the audio seperately, encode the video first then encode the audio ,listen to it when it has finnished encodeing so you know it is there, then multiplex it to your video, but if after encodeing the audio the audio cuts out then use a audio encodeing program like "db power amp" to encode the wav audio file to a mp2 file that you can multiplex with your video file.....One of these things should work....

Marco  2002-06-19 23:52:09 ( ID:ga5u0bnxddk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I,ve got exactly the same problem; after 2.03 minutes the audio stops... and goes on after approx. 25 minutes exactly where it stopped (a 'lag of 23 minutes).
But I noticed also that Tmpgenc does not recognise the audio in the source-AVI file before encoding while it is certainly there (other progs have no problems reading the audio). You can see this before encoding in the advanced/source range setting.
So, it has nothing to do with the encoding process, it has something to do with loading/reading the source avi file!
Sometimes it does recognise the disappeared audio, but most of the time it won't.
Weird problem. Maybe Windows XP or other programs?
Best regards,
Marco

PS all Tmpgenc versions (also 12) have this problem on my PC

Question - TE25 - Problem with dark images in movies with Napa Dav 311 No.23222
Nonos  2002-06-12 17:06:01 ( ID:nycl5sbwul2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

I have a problem when I encode movies with TmpgEncoder to produce Pal VCDs and play them with a Napa Dav 311, this problem only appears when the movie :

- contains dark frames,
- has black borders (converted from 16:9 to 4:3).

In these moments, the movie becomes very jumpy (the sound quality stays fine).

I don't think it's a problem of CDR or CD Burner quality because everything works fine with 4:3 and movies with non dark pictures.

I replace the value of 1150000 by 1151600 for the bitrate, unchecked the "detect scene change" option but nothing changes...

Any suggestion ?

Best regards,
Nonos.

Minion  2002-06-12 21:31:44 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The "jumpyness" you get is caused by a few things, the most common is encodeing to a frame rate that is different than the source avi, the avi file you are encodeing has to have the same frame rate as the mpeg you are encodeing to.Another thing that can cause "jumpyness" in fast moveing scenes is a low bitrate, the standard vcd bitrate is a little low to give any sort of acceptable quality and you notice it more in fast moveing scenes.The other thing that causes this especially for me is burning your disks at to high of a speed,you should not burn your vcd"s at a higher speed than half the max speed of your burner.I have a 24 speed burner and if i burn faster than 12 times then I get really bad jumpyness so I burn at the lowest my burner will go which is 8 times.Many poeple will say there it don"t make a differance what speed you burn at but it"s just not true,after burning close to 500 disks you get to notice these things......

Nonos  2002-06-14 11:09:11 ( ID:nycl5sbwul2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No, the jumpyness is caused by another thing, the replay is perfect with fullscreen movies. The jumpyness is a *big* jumpiness : the movie plays 4-5 seconds, stops 0.2 second, then restarts ; not the kind of thing resulting from different frametes.

The movies whith top and bottom black bands or with dark pictures are jumpy under Napa, but they play correctly under the windows media player or home DVD players.

The problem comes from tmpg encoder because commercial VCD or VCD burned from Commercial VCD images works fine (whatever the CDR quality is and whatever the burning speed is).

Any other suggestion ?

Question - TE25 - Pixelation in SVCD but not VCD No.23220
Big Johnny  2002-06-12 16:00:49 ( ID:kpxdb6nre1c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have made VCD's of both a DVD movie that I own and some home movies that I made with my Sony digital camera. They both came out great.

So I decided to try doing the same in SVCD format. They all came out with a lot of pixalation (please forgive my spelling), and not just on the fast-action scenes. The overall quality is just not nearly as good as the VCD's that I made of the same subjects.

I am a real "newbie" at this, and figure that I'm just not setting up the TMPGEnc settings correctly for SVCD. Is there a primer out there somewhere that might help me get this down better, or can someone give me some pointers on what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Minion  2002-06-12 21:20:26 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The only thing I can think of that would give you those results is if you are useing the same bitrate with svcd as you were useing with vcd. because of the higher resolution of svcd you have to increase the bitrate ,actually you need to pretty well double the bitrate in svcd mode.There are a lot of help manuals at "www.vcdhelp.com"....

Question - TE25 - Is it possible to automate the batch encoding? No.23217
Dietmar Joosten  2002-06-12 14:30:46 ( ID:vpw0w/u9582 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to control the batch encoding by another program.
Is it possible to create a batch file by my own and to
start tmpg in a way that the batch encoding is started
automatically.

Minion  2002-06-12 21:16:53 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So you want another program to start the encodeing procsess in batch mode.Why? if you are some sort computer programer then go ahead and write the program to controll tmpgenc in batch mode,

Dietmar Joosten  2002-06-13 05:25:12 ( ID:vpw0w/u9582 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thats what I want, control tmpgenv in batch mode.
But where can I find information how to control tmpgenv
(COM-Interface, command line parameters etc.) ?

Question - TE25 - Can TMPGEnc "zoom out" the frame on an encode? No.23210
The Digital Dan  2002-06-12 14:27:25 ( ID:xrt71s9lzkc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, this sounds really strange, but let me explain. I did the first DVD burn of the live concert video transfered from Hi8. I clipped the
720x480 video in Premier with 10 pixels covered on the sides and top and 18
pixels covered on the botton (with black). I put my overlay of my record label
in the lower right corner (20 pixels above the bottom of the frame, 15 pixels from the right side of the frame). I encoded everything with TMPGEnc with 4:3 aspect ratio. TMPGEnc recognized the avi as 720x480 and encoded.

When view it on the computer in DVD or VCD format, it looks great. But when I view it on the tv from the dvd-r, the black bars from the Premier clipping are not even visible at the bottom (remember I clipped 18 pixels) and the right side of the picture overscans so much, my overlay logo doesn't even appear. All my title screens which I output as avi's came through just fine. Arrgggghhhh!!!! The first projects are always the hardest.

I guess I underestimated the overscan effect, I thought I had it right. Is there is a way to make TMPGEnc "zoom out" when encoding to get more of my frame image to display on TV? Maybe use the Video Arrangement Method setting of "custom size" in the advanced options menu?

Minion  2002-06-12 21:13:12 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You will have to experiment with the "video arrange method" and the "clip frame option" .Trail and error.....

The Digital Dan  2002-06-12 22:22:38 ( ID:kfzwklphlef )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do I computer valid NTSC resolutions? I've read somewhere but can no longer find the article where it says exactly what the ratio multiple is. I know it isn't as simple as 4:3 ratio.

Minion  2002-06-13 04:53:09 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t really know what you mean by valid ntsc resolutions, but I do know that there are valid mpeg resolutions,mpeg files have to be in resolutions with a multiple of 8 and I think that dvd players can only play resolutions with multiples of 16 .....

The Digital Dan  2002-06-13 13:49:37 ( ID:xrt71s9lzkc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Being that I'm relatively new to the video editing scene, is there a recommended place for me to get a primer on resolutions and aspect ratio's. I've searched the net for a while now, but haven't really found any specific detailed information. For example:

I went to Circuit City last evening and played the disc I had made. The other tv's (tube and projection) displayed more of the image than my 19" monitor in my apartment. It gave me a better idea of what was happening. Since my video has a lot of "wide angle" views, I didn't like how the tv's were lopping off as much of the picture as it did.

Ok, now for my question. 720x480 is a standard avi res. But it isn't 4:3 either. 640x480 is 4:3 but isn't a standard avi res. 720x540 is 4:3 and considered a standard dvd resolution. So why is it that all the video editors and compression codecs refer to the avi as 720x480? So the next time I capture video from my digital8 or miniDV, should I be capturing at 720x540? Arrggghhh!!!! I knew I should have just stuck with audio work, at least there I have a firm grip on everything. :-?

Minion  2002-06-14 03:02:48 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I"m pretty sure the standard 525 line 4:3 tv resolution is 704 by 480 ntsc, your dvd player makes the res from 720 to 704 .I do mt svcd"s with a resolution of 704 by 480 and the picture looks exactly the same as the original dvd, so maybe captureing to 704 by 480 will look beter, but I think if you capture at a resolution higher than 720 by 480 when you encode to dvd the picture will be squished from the top to bottom or cut off at the sides, just a thought...

Shawn  2002-06-27 17:57:29 ( ID:pwdxibebayw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You might also play back your amterial on several TVs to see if this is a consistent problem in the video or just the TV. Different TVs react slightly differently to the video output size (some are "zoomed" slightly to make sure the picture fills the tube). I usually check my overlay graphics on a couple of TVs (one philips which has a very high zoom, especially). Your footage may be better than you think and the TV is the problem (and if it's ok on the PC, this might easily be the case).

Question - TE25 - Is it possible to encode an Mpeg2 movie at the res. 800x300 No.23208
Dazzling Bull  2002-06-12 13:35:35 ( ID:zsvsj8s7lrk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is it possible to encode an Mpeg2 movie at the res. 800x300 or as a multiple of 8,6,32???? i.e. 800 x 288 ?

I have tried both but I just keep getting an error This window size is accepted by selected MPEG-2 level

???

This res does work with bbmpeg?? Please help?

Minion  2002-06-12 21:09:42 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The mpeg standard dictates that all mpeg files have to have a resolution divisible by 8 and I don"t think a dvd player will play it unless it is divisable by 16.You should be able to do 800 by 304 or 296, What error are you getting? is it the error saying that you have to have the resolution divisible by 8?

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.