Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 810 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 System freeze on Inspiro 8000/WinME > 4 GB Min 1 2002-06-27 10:01:32
Question TE25 Newbie help please Stevie 6 2002-06-27 17:38:56
Question TE25 Direct Show Traffik 0 2002-06-27 08:53:11
Question TE25 CONSTANT QUALITY pc22575 0 2002-06-27 03:21:25
Question TE25 Direct Show Traffik 0 2002-06-27 02:28:16
Question TE25 Avi. to Mpeg cqmun57 3 2002-06-27 05:43:09
Question TE25 Please Help!!!! User 1 2002-06-27 10:10:22
Question TE25 Wrong AVI format Ezyryder 1 2002-06-26 21:18:47
Request TE25 Need All tips, advice, etc on settings for encoding VCD and SVCD that I can get, Please! joeAgain------ 7 2002-06-28 05:13:42
Bug report TE25 AVI Output Audio Corrupts Philip 1 2002-06-26 19:55:26
Question TE25 GAH! DivX DivX! Ben 1 2002-06-26 19:47:45
Question TE25 Mr Mcfalcons15 1 2002-06-26 20:01:24

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 810 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - System freeze on Inspiro 8000/WinME > 4 GB No.24022
Min  2002-06-27 09:59:17 ( ID:vq8b.lfndra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I have experienced on three separate occasions complete system freeze on my Dell inspiron 8000/ 800MHz PIII 386MB Ram, 30 GB Disk system when the encoded MPEG file reaches 3.99 GB (4,294,963,200 bytes) on a Samba share. Does anyone else have similar experience? I have LFS support on my Linux kernel/libc, and Samba was compiled w/ the new glibc (otherwise, it would stop at 2GB). The last two freezes caused me a lot of reboot griefs on bootup errors. Will try again with a spare Win98 setup (slower box).

Thanks

Min  2002-06-27 10:01:32 ( ID:vq8b.lfndra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

P.S., TMPGEnc version 2.55.38.142, Core version 1.88.135

Question - TE25 - Newbie help please No.24015
Stevie  2002-06-27 09:35:52 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Please can anyone help, I am obviously doing something wrong (typical newbie!!). I am trying to rip a 695 Mb DIVX/avi file to create a VCD, when I use the same frame rate (23 fps) and non-interlace mode, I have tried different aspect ratio's and all tell me that the size of the output file will be approximately 367% of an 80 min cd?. Is there any way I can reduce the size of the output file so that I don't need to use 4 cd's for this one movie. Thanks for any help, it will b really appreciated.
Stevie.

Stevie  2002-06-27 09:55:38 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I thought I should add more detail for help, the file size is 729,755,648 bytes.
I am using tmpegenc version 2.55.38.142
My DVD player plays all VCD's, SVCD's etc, I would be happy if I could fit this onto 2 CD's, but even three would be an improvement.

Minion  2002-06-27 10:17:23 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You left out a lot if information, like what are you doing???Are you makeing a vcd or a svcd or dvd or one of the many variations of these,The size of the divx file (in megabyt)doesn"t have anything to do with how big your mpeg file will be,it has to do with the length of the file and the bitrate you are useing,so what ever you are doing the bitrate is to high, you should be able to get a regular length movie on 2 80min cd-r"s,and if you use the CQ(constant Quality)in the rate controll it helps keep the file size down..go to "vcdhelp.com" in the tools section and download a bitrate calculator...

Stevie  2002-06-27 11:31:37 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi thanks for the help, I am trying to create an NTSC film video cd, I have downloaded the calculator like you suggested and I entered the length of the movie (105 mins 01 secs) the audio bitrate on the movie properties say 139kbps, so I have entered this into the calculator also along with the info the film is on 1 CD (70mins) Is this what I need to enter, if so, I am unable to edit the bitrate when I try and create a new project, and click on expert mode I cannot edit any of the video settings apart from motion search position?
Alternatively if I need to enter the movie length and the amount of CD's (2x80min) I want to put it onto, and the type (XVCD/SVCD etc) I get the calculated average bitrate of 1869 kbits, but again, I still cannot change any of the video setting?. Please excuse my ignorance.

Marcel  2002-06-27 11:59:33 ( ID:ky1em0spjdg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Load the unlock.mcf template (right corner below under button "Load"). You now should be able to change settings in TMPGEnc.

Stevie  2002-06-27 12:41:10 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Marcel,
What version is this button on, I have 2.55 and cannot see it there, I have 3 buttons Setting, load and save, and setting brings up the video options but does not let me change them. Thanks

NewtronX  2002-06-27 17:38:56 ( ID:blvxpewgwwm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

To Unlock the Template choose load and then go into the extras folder and chose the unlock.mcf
Also I suggest you download the Plus version and use the help file that comes with it even if you dont buy the plus version you can use the help file you will find the link at the bottom of the screen.
My third recomendation is you check out www.vcdhelp.com excellent information site.
Good luck happy encoding ~NewtronX

Question - TE25 - Direct Show No.24014
Traffik  2002-06-27 08:53:11 ( ID:kuahwndk/ek )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This started happening today for no apparent reason......

After I have created my VCD MPEG file and I want to chop it in half, I load MPEGTools and go to the Edit page. When I click the edit button to see the movie I want to chop I get an error message saying that it cant initialize direct show.

I also noticed that in the Environment settings on the VFAPI plug in page where it used to say Direct show with DVD2AVI.vfp it now says The file cannot be loaded.

Whats going on???

Question - TE25 - CONSTANT QUALITY No.24013
pc22575  2002-06-27 03:21:25 ( ID:wlfmzrnr.zn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i've been pocessing with constant quality and it has gone close to perfect: when the file reaches 100%, a 'comlete' sound can be heard and an encoding log is displayed. well, then i tried the same process that i'd been using many times and then all of a sudden the process would reach 100%, display no time left, but there would be no 'complete' sound nor encoding log. when using the constant quality option, i have learned that the entire process must completely finalize in order for the .mpg file to be of any use. (unlike other processes where you can stop encoding at any point and see the resulting movie clip up to the point where you stopped it.) now, all the movies i've tried to process leave me 100% with no time left ,but, somehow will not finalize. unfortunately, i downloaded a virus and had to reinstall my o/s. this oddly enough, did not solve my problem. any advice on this matter would be much appreciated! thank you very much.. PC

Question - TE25 - Direct Show No.24012
Traffik  2002-06-27 02:28:16 ( ID:kuahwndk/ek )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This started happening today for no apparent reason......

After I have created my VCD MPEG file and I want to chop it in half, I load MPEGTools and go to the Edit page. When I click the edit button to see the movie I want to chop I get an error message saying that it cant initialize direct show.

I also noticed that in the Environment settings on the VFAPI plug in page where it used to say Direct show with DVD2AVI.vfp it now says The file cannot be loaded.

Whats going on???

Question - TE25 - Avi. to Mpeg No.24008
cqmun57  2002-06-27 00:15:36 ( ID:lwrs0smll0g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have an avi. file that is 700 Mb. I want to convert it to Mpeg 2 so Ican play it on a DVD player. When I try to convert it to Mpeg 2 file it bulges to 1700 Mb which is a great big file and it does not fit in a CDR. Can anyone suggest any help. Thanx.

chris  2002-06-27 00:46:42 ( ID:hlfndnm7urh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I may be able to help, but I need some answers
1. How long is the clip?
2. What version of TMPG are u using?
3. What kind of DVD player do you have
4. What resolution is the original clip?

cqmun57  2002-06-27 01:21:09 ( ID:lwrs0smll0g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

the clip is 716066 KB
I'm using the version 2.5
I have an Apex 1500
original clip is 480 x 304, 16 Bits, 175589 Frames, 25.000 Frames/Sec, 101 KB/Sec, DivX codec for video

and for audio is MPEG Layer-3,160 kBit/s, 44,100 Hz, Stereo

Minion  2002-06-27 05:43:09 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

IF you are doing mpeg2 i guess you are doing a svcd?generally speaking you only get about 40min of standard svcd on a cd-r so you have to put them on from 2-3 cd-r"s, your divx film is about 101 minutes so there is no way you are going to get a svcd on to one disk, you can if you were doing a vcd and use the CQ encodeing method but the quality would not be very good compared to svcd or your original divx file, so you have to make a choice ,do you want to put your allready encoded mpeg file on to 3 cd-r"s or do you want to encode the divx again and put it on 2 cd-r"s and loose a bit of quality or do you want to re-encode the divx and put it on one cd-r and loose a bunch of quality? you are pretty much stuck to useing at least 2 cd-r"s if you want any sort of quality..

Question - TE25 - Please Help!!!! No.24006
User  2002-06-26 22:37:05 ( ID:xaagdma.afc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I encoded a movie that is 25fps and I have to break it up over two CDs. I noticed that it is PAL and I use NTSC. I don't know if my DVD player plays PAL since it's a cheapo player, so I keep encoding the video as NTSC in TMPGEnc. But this time I encoded it as a PAL, which came out better. Also, the sound is in sync right now with the video, but when I use Ulead to encode it, I choose NTSC VCD encoding and it throws the whole movie off by about 3-5 seconds. The audio can't keep up with the video. It starts out with the audio in sync with the video, but soon falls away. What do I do? Ulead is the only program I know that lets you do chapters and the quality is better than Nero. I have a lot of problems with Nero, so I don't use it anymore. How can I keep the audio and video in sync and have it broken up over two CDs? Also, when I use TMPGEnc to cut the movie into 2 parts, I notice that sometimes when it produces the audio stream, it is ahead by a tenth of a second. For example, if the video has 3246.54 seconds, then the audio is 3246.56 seconds. Then, the second half comes out evenly. Just the first half. What's going on? Does this have anything to do with it falling out of sync? Please help me with these problems if you can. Thank you.

ADEY  2002-06-27 10:10:22 ( ID:rqghnp3u6ul )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The reason for this is the different framerates used for PAL and NTSC.When converting from one to the other,You in effect speed up or slow down the film. this just means that you will have to "stretch" or "shrink" the audio to suit. If you take a look at posting #8363 all will be revealled.The easiest way to find out if your player will handle PAL, is to encode a few minutes of PAL video, burn it to cdr-w and then just try it.
Best of luck,
Adey.

Question - TE25 - Wrong AVI format No.24004
Ezyryder  2002-06-26 20:17:02 ( ID:xlnf0vsqrnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a major problem with an DivX AVI-file which TMPEGenc gives the following complains about: "An error occurred when trying to initialize ACM engine". I know the file has a superb audio and video tracks, so what's the problem with this?

I've tried every other software and everything complains about wrong formats, etc.???

Minion  2002-06-26 21:18:47 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your divx file probably has a uncompatible or unsupported audio format probably "AC3", you need an "AC3" decoder to encode the audio to a wav file then use that as your audio source......

Request - TE25 - Need All tips, advice, etc on settings for encoding VCD and SVCD that I can get, Please! No.23996
joeAgain------  2002-06-26 19:51:39 ( ID:zjpi2mkwqf2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I really need to know ALL the info. and advice I can find on using TMPGenc in every way to improve my end VCD and SVCD quality.

I've read Doug's advice in the "How To" section of the VCDhelp website, on some of the TMPGenc settings to improve a capture and they are really good.

I'm looking for more instruction on All the settings and functions of this great product, Please.

Any and ALL of your advice will be greatly appreciated!

joe

Hataian  2002-06-26 20:00:12 ( ID:pq/ugw.8krm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is an external avisynth plugin called "ivtc",but it can't only
do ivtc but has also a function called CopyDuplicates.
When two frames next to each other are very similar,it replaces
the second frame by the first frame.That way noise can be avoided.

joeAgain------  2002-06-26 20:12:37 ( ID:zjpi2mkwqf2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thank you, Hataian

I appreciate that and will look into that....and I'd appreciate any detailed explanations that you or any others can tell me about plugins or how ALL the various TMPGenc. settings can be used to produce the very best possible VCD or SVCD videos.

thank you,
joe
PS---are you in Japan?

Minion  2002-06-26 21:16:35 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is a comprehensive help file in the registered plus version that will answer most questions cut there are so many things that can affect the quality of your mpeg files that it would take literally days to write it all down, but if you have a specific problem or question we will be more than happy to help out....

joeAgain------  2002-06-27 13:08:32 ( ID:zjpi2mkwqf2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hataian,
I found that, but it looked like a pluging for VirtualDub, not TMPGEnc. And does it work with MPEG files? It looked to be for AVI format, which I don't use. Is that plugin available for TMPGEnc.? Please help me understand.

joeAgain------  2002-06-27 13:29:42 ( ID:zjpi2mkwqf2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion,
Specifics? I've got quite a few. But for instance, regarding VCD improvement: Is VCD captured from VHS tape interlace or non-interlace?, I'm in the US so I guess I would chose NTSC, but what Aspect ratio is right?, what noise reduction settings are best for use on a marginal quality captured VCD file?(and good quality VCD file?), do the duplicate items in the Other Settings/Advanced area that are the same as chosen in other areas also need to be checked?, does 2pass pretain to every filter or what funtion specifically?

I guess besides those, I'm just interested in which basic settings or filters would be best to improve VCD captured from a maginal quality source.

Thanks for answering. I'm looking forward to your help on those.

joe in Austin, TX (US)

joeAgain------  2002-06-27 13:37:19 ( ID:zjpi2mkwqf2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Oh, and Minion....is there a way to compress video files with TMPG Enc.?

Minion  2002-06-28 05:13:42 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Instead of captureing to mpeg/vcd capture to avi cuz you loose quality when you capture to a highly compressed format,then encode the captured file to mpeg with tmpgenc, doing it this way you will achive much better quality then re-encodeing a captered and compressed file to mpeg again, the captured file will be quite large but after it is encoded to mpeg you can delete it,or you can capture to a compressed avi format , like Indeo, or even mpeg4/divx, cuz you can"t improve a mpeg file by re-encodeing it you loose quality every time you re-encode a file that is why you will get better quality if you captere to a format that isn"t as compressed as mpeg...

Bug report - TE25 - AVI Output Audio Corrupts No.23994
Philip  2002-06-26 19:05:37 ( ID:8yfrh0k0y/a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi

When using 2.55 and outputting AVI (OpenDMI via Mainconcept codec ~16Gbytes file size), in playing back after around 1 hour 15 minutes the audio becomes corrupted.

Regards

Philip

Hataian  2002-06-26 19:55:26 ( ID:pq/ugw.8krm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use the newest version of Tmpgenc(2.56)to make the avi-file again.

Question - TE25 - GAH! DivX DivX! No.23992
Ben  2002-06-26 19:02:21 ( ID:nttzl.zssdn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

All i want is to compress my AVI to DivX so 1,4 minutes doesnt fill 400mb. Small thing. But, how can i keep the damn resolution? I'm making a movie for computers only with the resolution of 704x576 :( I need to crop it a bit, but that doesnt matter that much, the only important thing is that i optaion compression at that resolution. It's a CS movie BTW, and i've seen ones at 1024x768 compressed in DivX :( Also this program is the only one that worked for me.. i'm using Windows Movie Maker to edit my AVI

Hataian  2002-06-26 19:47:45 ( ID:pq/ugw.8krm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What is the source format?If it's avi or MPEG1,then you can compress it in
Virtualdub.Also if it's in MPEG2-format,you can load it into
Virtualdub by an avisynth script with the mpeg2dec.dll plugin
(I think the command is MPEG2Source("filename"))

Question - TE25 - Mr No.23990
Mcfalcons15  2002-06-26 16:50:04 ( ID:ajrkk/vvtyw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to convert my movie to NTSC from PAL, but everytime I try to
encode it it says can't load P3Package.dll. Can someone please help me. Thank you.

Hataian  2002-06-26 20:01:24 ( ID:pq/ugw.8krm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When you are at the main screen of this forum,in the upper right corner
there is a field where you can search for keywords.Search there for
P3Package.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.