Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 826 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Free talk TE25 Minion i solved my problem noone 4 2002-06-15 22:12:19
Question TE25 FitCD User 2 2002-06-15 16:16:49
Question TE25 2.55 not work with VFAPIConv-EN.exe? Joe Hecht 2 2002-06-15 20:59:30
Free talk TE25 KVCD and KDVD download page + DVD compatibility chart kwag 0 2002-06-15 07:07:48
Question TE25 Burning problem. User 1 2002-06-15 21:36:45
Question TE25 what is the SSE option? pc22575 1 2002-06-15 04:00:56
Question TE25 Angel Potion Codec question. User 1 2002-06-15 02:07:59
Question TE25 video not in synch with sound Murani 1 2002-06-15 01:59:06
Question TE25 Color disorientation. User 1 2002-06-15 01:51:59
Question TE25 kvcd templates question. User 2 2002-06-15 02:00:59
Question TE25 can i resume? ashton 1 2002-06-15 00:18:53
Question TE25 www.kvcd.net User 3 2002-06-15 11:25:40

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 826 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Free talk - TE25 - Minion i solved my problem No.23385
noone  2002-06-15 09:39:50 ( ID:tnwva14793j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i posted a page or two back about the mpeg 2 video capture i do using powervcr
and encode to vcd using tmpgenc and the audio loses sync
during encoding

i installed a fresh copy of xp over my old copy and re-installed powervcr and tried to encode my old file with tmpgenc and the audio and video synced perfectly

i think some programs i had installed messed everything up
never use ulead mediastudio 6.5
it screws up tmpgenc somehow and tmpgenc wont run unless you un-install mediastudio
i bet half the programs i try screw my programs i use alot
thats why i dont install realplayer or quicktime
anyway

i think if people are having problems with tmpgenc crashing or messed-up
take alook at the other video programs installed and un-install them

it worked for me when i had ulead installed and tmpgenc would just crash and im happy i found the culprit (dont believe me?... download the trial and tmpgenc will crash before you get to encode)

i will post an update if i discover the program messing with my mpegs and causing sync probs in tmpenc

i knew my captured mpeg2 videos were fine

before the xp re-install
tmpgenc would encode my mpeg2 videos with audio video sync problems
after xp re-install
those same mpeg2 videos now encode to vcd format using tmpgenc with dead-on sync

thanks for listening to me type

noone  2002-06-15 11:14:07 ( ID:tnwva14793j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

*big update*

ok

i found the program that causes my audio sync problems with tmpgenc

for the developers
this is my senario

i use powervcr to capture 6 hours of music videos at a time in "mpeg 2 excellant quality" setting
i used regedit to set the max recmpeg size to 4gig from 600mb
i get a couple hours of great video quality for each 4 gig
i also set the audio quality to 320kb

a 4 gig mpeg2 video is to large to edit using most editors

i found m2-edit pro to be the best mpeg2 editor for my system because i can easily find the videos i like and trim the videos to a file without altering them and it is realtime and wont crash
i just select the edit points and click trim and save as a mpeg file
this copies just the video i want without recompressing etc.. takes 30 secs

now i want my videos to be vcd and tmpgenc offers the best quality and compression i can find
my vcd's look as good as mpeg2 in my opinion

anyway
here's the problem
when i encode the cut video to mpeg1 vcd the audio and video is out of sync

and m2-edit pro is the culprit
because when i uninstalled that program
i can then encode those cut videos to vcd using tmpgenc without any audio video sync problems

im happy that i solved the problem because i can now continue to capture videos that will work fine

i hope this info may be usefull to your team and may help create a more compatible application
regardless thanks for making a great video application

Minion  2002-06-15 21:07:18 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have m2-edit pro and ulead media studio 6 and 6.5, and ulead cool 3D, and dvd movie factory, and all my encodes seem fine it must be a reaction with these apps and Win XP, I run "ME".....One thing I did notice with m2-edit pro is that when I put in say a 800mb file for editing or multiplexing I end up with a 2.5gb file so I have to run it through the "merge and cut" to get all the padding taken off and it is slower than tmpgenc....

noone  2002-06-15 22:09:39 ( ID:3pq6ps/oan2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i have xp pro

i use m2-edit pro only to trim the file
it just cuts the video i want and doesnt alter the file with compression
it takes 30 sec to cut a file

make sure you select output same as source

it should work fine

noone  2002-06-15 22:12:19 ( ID:3pq6ps/oan2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

btw...
m2-edit pro is horrible at compressing files

if i use that program to compress to vcd i see horrible blocks

oh well

Question - TE25 - FitCD No.23382
User  2002-06-15 08:15:23 ( ID:xaagdma.afc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What is FitCD? I heard about this thing and it interested me because I have a big problem getting my mpg files to one CD. I have Nero Express and my file size is 636MB and I have a 700MB CD, but the length of the movie is 89 minutes. This FitCD seemed to give a calculation of the file size, I believe so that you can fit in onto one CD. Is this true?

ASHY  2002-06-15 15:45:07 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If your file size is 636mb and you have a 700mb disk, what's the problem?

ASHY

User  2002-06-15 16:16:49 ( ID:xaagdma.afc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Please see "Burning Problem", also written by me.

Question - TE25 - 2.55 not work with VFAPIConv-EN.exe? No.23379
Joe Hecht  2002-06-15 08:11:52 ( ID:yclzyhyhjqc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just doanloaded the latest version of TMPGEnc and noticed that the VFAPIConv program version 1.04 does not work with it.

Its a real bummer, because TMPGEnc crashes when decoding and encoding MPEG2 file
(I have to decode it to an AVI, then encode the AVI to keep from crashing - and yes, we have tried it on 4 different machines).

Joe

Hataian  2002-06-15 17:14:15 ( ID:ceso8j9ek8a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try using an older version of Vfapi.

Minion  2002-06-15 20:59:30 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You should try frameserveing thet mpeg2 with "dvd2avi", you shouldn"t have problems with d2v files.....

Free talk - TE25 - KVCD and KDVD download page + DVD compatibility chart No.23378
kwag  Home )  2002-06-15 07:07:48 ( ID:w/8zlmms1oc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

A new page has been added, with all the current templates available for download. The DVD compatibility chart has been added too.

All templates now share basically the same GOP structure and the "Andreas" Q Matrix is the default for all templates. The KDVD templates also have the "Andreas" matrix as default.

It's all available at the main page in the left panel or here:
http://www.kvcd.net/dvd-models.html

Thanks to "MrRobot" for sending me his compatibility list and for taking the time to search and read the hundreds of posts needed to compile this initial information. And to everyone who has taken the time to report compatibility issues with different DVD players.

Enjoy!,
kwag

Question - TE25 - Burning problem. No.23376
User  2002-06-15 06:03:57 ( ID:xaagdma.afc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I finally converted an avi to an mpg and I uninstalled Angel Potion Codec and the movie came out great, instead of all the purple pixels. However, now the problem exists in burning it as a VCD. I have Nero Express and it gives the option of making VCDs, which I chose to do. I have a 700MB CD and the movie is 637MB, and is about 89 min. in length. I chose the ".mcf" file from KVCD that lets you burn a 120 min. movie onto 1 CD at 704x480 resolution, but now I noticed that Nero won't let me burn it because the length is too long, I guess. Because the data side of it is less than 700MBs, but the length of the movie is 89 minutes. It was doing that when it was in avi format too. It's giving me the same problem. The small bar on the bottom turns red after 700MBs and it is past that point. I thought maybe MPEGCutter would cut the file into 2 parts so that I can burn it on 2 CDs instead, maybe even add chapters so that when I play it on my DVD player, then it would be as if it were off the real DVD, where I can hit the skip button and it would go to the next chapter. But I couldn't even figure out how to use the program. Please give me some advise on all these problems. I was having a big problem where all the movies I tried were taking 24-26 hours to encode, but all of a sudden something happened and it only takes 2-3 hours. I guess maybe uninstalling Angel Potion Codec helped. Also, if you know of a free program that lets you make chapters out of the mpg file, I would really appreciate it if you could let me know. Thanks.

Minion  2002-06-15 21:36:45 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

"Nero" doesn"t use the length of your movie to to calculate how long it is it, it uses the size of the file then converts it into minutes at 10mb per minute(for vcd),maybe there is an error in the header of the file or nero is reading the header wrong, try makeing a copy of your mpeg file with the "merge and cut" feature ,just load your file in, choose output directory and "mpeg1/vcd non-standard, then click "run" and it will make a cpoy of your file and rewrite the header on the file so maybe nero will read it correctly this time....

Question - TE25 - what is the SSE option? No.23374
pc22575  2002-06-15 03:07:27 ( ID:wlfmzrnr.zn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

On the CPU tab of the environmental settings, what are the SSE and SSE-2 settings? Is there any way I can find out more information about these options? Thank you very much.

Minion  2002-06-15 04:00:56 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The SSE tabs means "streaming simd extention" thes are optimizations for certain CPU prosessors,Pentium"s are optimized with MMX and SSE,P4 also has SSE2, Athalon"s are optimized with SSE and 3D-Now,When you install Tmpgenc it automaticly recognizes what your CPU is optimized with and checks the boxes for you, with out these optimizations the encodeing would take longer.You can probably find out more about the specific way the optimizations affect the performance of your computer by going to the web site for your particular CPU..

Question - TE25 - Angel Potion Codec question. No.23372
User  2002-06-15 02:03:07 ( ID:xaagdma.afc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was informed that the color discoloration may be caused by the Angel Potion Codec. I noticed that I do have this codec and I uninstalled it. However, I don't know if it came with the computer and I was wondering if I caused myself more problems now that I uninstalled it.

Minion  2002-06-15 02:07:59 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It wont cause any problems , that codec is a notoriusly bad codec, you can replace it with any microsoft mpeg4 codec, you might even allready have that on your machine, you would only need that codec if you decodeing a file encoded with that codec and the mpeg4 codec will do the same thing......

Question - TE25 - video not in synch with sound No.23370
Murani  2002-06-15 01:43:15 ( ID:z/v0jdo.29h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

how come when I play the vcd-ready .mpg file on the computer the video is in synch with the audio but when I play it on my home dvd player the video is off.

Minion  2002-06-15 01:59:06 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is the sound out of sync the whole way through or does it just go out of sync at certain points in the movie,like the video slows down then speeds back up and the audio stays the same?If this is your problem then I could be solved by burning your disks at a lower speed, I know on my system if I burn faster than 8 or 12 times on my 24 times burner the video slows and and it makes the audio go out of sync for a few seconds......

Question - TE25 - Color disorientation. No.23368
User  2002-06-15 01:06:31 ( ID:xaagdma.afc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I went ahead and took a chance and saved the templates from kvcd to the TMPGEnc Templates folder. I loaded the 1 CD function even though the Startup Wizard asked me if it was ok to continue even if the size of the movie was larger than the CD. I said ok and then I loaded the ".mcf" file that makes it 1 CD, supposedly. But one problem I've been having with all my movies is that when it is encoding it, the picture has these purplish or pinkish squares, almost pixelized, on the picture at different times. It happens often and I noticed that it only does that when encoding it to an mpg. The avi version does not have that. These squares disorient the natural color and they appear and go out at different times. How do I fix this problem?

Minion  2002-06-15 01:51:59 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It is one ot two things ,If you have the "Angel Potion Codec" on your machine get rid of it cuz it can cause this, and the other reason could be that the bitrate is to low,I have experimented with these "kvcd" templates and they are more if you are into quantity not quality, sure you can fit a movie 90-120 minutes on a cd ,and it looks ok if there isn"t a lot of action but I"m a bit of a stickeler for quality so they aren"t for me but they are good if you just want to get it on a disk and have it playable..but anyway check for that codec and get rid of it if you got it or maybe try different templates or bitrate settings...

Question - TE25 - kvcd templates question. No.23365
User  2002-06-15 00:57:47 ( ID:xaagdma.afc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Where do I save these templates? I was notified that I should right click on the template I want and so I right clicked on "704x480" from the KVCDx2 and "For one CD" menu and it only gave me the option of "Save Target As". Is this what it's supposed to do? I noticed that if I right click and select "Properties", then it shows me that it is a ".mcf" file. I also know that TMPGEnc has a "Load" function which allows it to be encoded in different screen formats and all these seem to be ".mcf" files. Does this have anything to do with it? Also, I tried encoding an avi files the size of about 600MB, but it said it would take over 26 hours to complete. I have a 1.8Ghz computer (brand new HP), with Pentium 4 and I figured that it would be faster. Most people have told me that their slower computers take only a couple of hours tops. How can I take care of this problem? Thank you once again for your help. I'm a little new to this, so I'm having a lot of problems.

Minion  2002-06-15 01:44:19 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So you have allready downloaded these templates?I guess you did cuz you wouldn"t be able to see the properties, all you do is take the template and put it in the "templates" folder in the "tmpgenc" folder, now when you want to use the template to encode you click "load" (in tmpgenc) and go to the templates folder and choose the template you downloaded and put in the "templates" folder, and then the template will load and you then encode...But as for your "HP" I have no idea why it would run so slow,I have a "Hp" too, but I have had to send it back to the company for an exchange 4 times and this was in the first 3 months, mostly over a problem with the direct memory access controller, I would get the blue screen of death when ever i enabled DMA and tried to rip a dvd, but i finally got it fixed,Phone customer support and give them hell and maybe they will send you a new one or maybe 4 new ones, but it should be under warrenty so you should be able to take it to the shop and get it fixed for free if it is a hardware problem.But yes you are running really slow cuz my HP 800mhz can do a whole movie in under 8-10 hours, but the with the new encoder I use for mpeg2(not mpeg1)I can do a whole movie in 3-4 hours.but if you cant figure it out get it looked at ,sometime new computers have bugs that need to be worked out ....

User  2002-06-15 02:00:59 ( ID:xaagdma.afc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do I get this new codec you have? I've been having some problems myself.

Question - TE25 - can i resume? No.23363
ashton  2002-06-14 23:28:07 ( ID:8n1tnloxod2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i have a problem with my two kids turning off my computer while i am out of the room or what not and usually my luck has it that i only have four hours left or two sometimes. i go to resume the converting and i don't know how. then i tried to start the process and then save it, stop it and the try to resume. still no luck.

Minion  2002-06-15 00:18:53 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is no way to resume a interupted encodeing session, but what you can do is thart encodeing were you left off and then join the two files with the "merge & cut" feature..usually if you start at the next frame after you got cut off then you can barely notice the transition of the two parts....

Question - TE25 - www.kvcd.net No.23359
User  2002-06-14 22:50:18 ( ID:xaagdma.afc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I went to www.kvcd.net because I was refered to it by a helpful person who replied to my problems. However, I can't find any programs there that I can download. There are only templates and when I click on one of them they just give me a list of words or something. Is their site down, maybe? Or is there something I'm not looking at that I should be?

kwag  Home )  2002-06-15 00:12:20 ( ID:j/nkgn2ynzo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You "Right click" on the template you want, and "Save as" the default name.

User  2002-06-15 00:52:26 ( ID:xaagdma.afc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Where do I save these templates? I noticed that if I right click and select "Properties", then it shows me that it is a ".mcf" file. I also know that TMPGEnc has a "Load" function which allows it to be encoded in different screen formats and all these seem to be ".mcf" files. Does this have anything to do with it? Also, I tried encoding an avi files the size of about 600MB, but it said it would take over 26 hours to complete. I have a 1.8Ghz computer (brand new HP), with Pentium 4 and I figured that it would be faster. Most people have told me that their slower computers take only a couple of hours tops. How can I take care of this problem? Thank you once again for your help. I'm a little new to this, so I'm having a lot of problems.

noone  2002-06-15 11:25:40 ( ID:tnwva14793j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

those files are for tmpgenc and you load the one you want for the desired output video quality of yuour input video

i wou;d try them all

26 hours is tooo long

5 hours max on your system

8 hour on mine
amd 750mhz
256ram
60 gig hd

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.