Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 839 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Force Picture Type Setting roman_modin 5 2002-06-09 19:43:47
Question TE25 jerry jerry 2 2002-06-07 14:44:39
Question TE25 TMPGEnc has generated errors ... Jack Spratt 1 2002-06-09 01:42:21
Question TE25 Manual VBR Andrew B 1 2002-06-07 08:28:58
Question TE25 Beginner: good AVI file will NOT convert to workable MPEG file Paul M 1 2002-06-07 00:25:54
Question TE25 how 2 input 2 wav´s in 3 mpeg2´s klaus 4 2002-06-06 22:59:42
Question TE25 XVCD and SVCD peggy 2 2002-06-06 22:15:40
Bug report TE25 TMPGEnc Plus does not 'see' entire movie Dmonty 1 2002-06-06 22:38:35
Question TE25 Sound Pronlem Jens 1 2002-06-06 21:05:05
Question TE25 Problem to convert .avi to mpeg Vlad 1 2002-06-06 22:04:04
Question TE25 file size problems svhunter 1 2002-06-06 20:58:29
Question TE25 DVD-IT PE and TMPEnc mpg2 problem / ripping hair out! The Digital Dan 5 2002-06-07 00:20:52

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 839 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Force Picture Type Setting No.22877
roman_modin  2002-06-07 06:35:29 ( ID:npkbay9e7ia )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I try to load the tmpgenctemplate.txt file provided by IfoEdit, TMPGEnc completely hangs up!

I am running XP, AMD XP 1900+, 512 SDRAM
Thank you.

Minion  2002-06-07 08:22:39 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What are you trying to do with this "txt" file?I"m no expert but I"m pretty sure that "txt" files just have typed information on them.And I"m pretty sure that "tmpgenc" does not have any sort of compatibility with "ifoedit"..The template files have a "mfc" extention so it this file is supposed to be some sort of template maybe try re nameing it to a mfc file..but I have never heard of tmpgenc being used with ifoedit in that way...but maybe someone else know what you are talking about....

ASHY  2002-06-07 12:02:52 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You have to wait. It seems like it's freezing. It takes quite a while for it to be loaded, at least a good few minutes. Go and have a coffee and be patient.

ASHY

Paul  2002-06-08 15:05:44 ( ID:cosg728adko )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ashy, first thank you for the help in adjusting the TMPG wizard so that the video would encode when I went from avi to mpeg. Now regarding these templates... (if we were standing face to face, mine would probably be red due to my ignorance, but here goes....)
At KVCD site I clicked on templates... I got a screenful of proramming code, starting with:
object TMPEGConfigFile
MPEG.Text = ''
MPEG.WizardCategoryName = ''
MPEG.WizardSubFormatName = ''
MPEG.WizardCaption = ''

and so on until it stops... Not what I expected!!!! I'm used to clicking on buttons and having small programs do their thing automatically. I am guessing that I am supposed to copy and paste this code somewhere... is that correct? and, if so, what do I open and how do I insert it?
Thanks for your time...

Paul  2002-06-08 18:42:27 ( ID:cosg728adko )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

STOP!!!
I figured it out... opened up the template, used edit and inserted the KVCD code. Worked ok.
Thanks for being here!

ASHY  2002-06-09 19:43:47 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just use 'save target as' and rename the file KVCD.mcf otherwiae it downloads as a text file.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - jerry No.22874
jerry  2002-06-07 06:25:24 ( ID:byfgb8hg5fn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

using cut and merge tor yhe first time. cut the last five min. of a movie formatted to vcd,took the unformatted version cut the five min. and and multiplexed it to prepare for vcd rewrite, however there was no sound the video merged fine after reformating to vcd. Am I leaving out a step?

ASHY  2002-06-07 12:08:18 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is this happening on your PC or just your DVD player?

ASHY

jerry  2002-06-07 14:44:39 ( ID:byfgb8hg5fn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

this is happening on my pc. I sownloaded virtual dub , but havent figured out haow to merge the videoand audio

Question - TE25 - TMPGEnc has generated errors ... No.22872
Jack Spratt  2002-06-07 01:40:27 ( ID:tpx9pxmegy2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

"TMPGEnc has generated errors and will be closed by Windows"

I get this when I try to open a PAL video which I'd like to convert to NTSC VCD-compliant. Any ideas?

Jack Spratt  2002-06-09 01:42:21 ( ID:tpx9pxmegy2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Llama.

Question - TE25 - Manual VBR No.22870
Andrew B  2002-06-07 00:31:34 ( ID:blltgxxntq2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am editing a video, and I am confused with the Manual VBR option. What do the I's B's and P's and everything else mean. I need to know a lot of stuff, so a link to a web site with this stuff would be nice.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

Minion  2002-06-07 08:28:58 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

"i,b,and p frames are the types of frames that make up your movie ,and these frames are orginized in "gop"s :group of pictures with something like 12 to 18 frames in each gop, or something like that ..There are detailed explanations of these terms and how mpeg"s and movies are made made up and other interesting stuff at "www.vcdhelp.com" .......

Question - TE25 - Beginner: good AVI file will NOT convert to workable MPEG file No.22868
Paul M  2002-06-07 00:21:44 ( ID:lf8bomhf4rj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This should be very basic. I downloaded a simple TV show (Smallville)from KaZaA. It was in AVI format. It played ok on my computer using Windows Media Player. I tried to use TMPG to convert the avi file to MPEG so that I could burn a VCD (which I have done before with other TV shows, so I know that my DVD WILL play VCDs made with NERO.)
Now the TMPG program - I used the Wizard - said that my mpeg file was complete, but when I burnt it to CD all I got was the audio. I tried using the Wizard again but this time set the VCD button to NTSC film and converted the AVI file again... burnt another CD... again just the audio played. So I went to the computer and opened drive "c" found the avi file and tried it again - again it played Ok in the computer. I then tried the two mpeg files I found in the same folder and they did not show any picture when played with WMP.
So I am confused. Can some-one suggest where I can find some answers? I'm not trying to do anything fancy....

ASHY  2002-06-07 00:25:54 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go to Option>Enviroment settings>VFAPI plugin and right click the 'direct show multimedia file reader' and raise it's priority to 2 and the rest to 0.
Now encode a small test and check for the picture.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - how 2 input 2 wav´s in 3 mpeg2´s No.22863
klaus  2002-06-06 22:13:38 ( ID:mpolrml5t46 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

maybe i´m too stupid but ...
the beginning:
2 mpegs, german language, bad video quality
3 mpeg2s, english language, good video quality.
i have extracted the german audio to wav using virtua dub,easy, but can´t
merge it cause
vd doesnt eat mpeg2 so i want 2 use tempenc
but tempenc doesnt scan the original parameters and thats the end
for a me, a newbie.
i want to merge the wavs
i want to merge the mpeg2s
i want to merge sound and video
i want 2 "burn" it on vhs-casette
i won´t any quality loss
if i could merge sound and merge video i can syncronysize "per hand and eye "using
winamp and mediaplayer, but i would prefer a perfect solution.

i have 3 mpeg2 files with english audio and 2 german wavs to the movie
i have got them using virtuadub, easy, but vd doesn´t eat mpeg2s.

Minion  2002-06-06 22:32:24 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So let me get this straight,you have 3 mpeg2 files that you want the audio from 2 different mpeg files to play over your 3 mpeg files,This is possible but is the audio is going to be sync?,...so what you do is load your mpeg2 files in the "merge & cut" and then merge them ,then load it in the de-multiplex and seperate the streams,then take your wav files and use a audio editing program like "cool edit" to merge the wav files into one, then encode the audio to "mp2" then multiplex the addio to your mpeg file,but who knows if it will be in total sync ,but if it is going to be dubbed I guess It don"t matter much..This should in theory work ?What is that about burning it to vhs cassette?

ASHY  2002-06-06 22:43:21 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Christ, your gonna have to explain it a little clearer, i'm confused.
Are you saying you want to join all the MPEG2 movies into one an then join the two wavs into one and then convert the WAVs to mp2 and then combine the movie with the audio???

Your gonna have to join your wavs with a program such as Goldwave then load them into TMPG and encode them to mp2 then load all the MPEG2 movies into the Merge&Cut feature in File>MPEGtools and click run and they will be joined together.
Next load the joined MPEG2's and the Mp2 audio into the 'simple multiplexer' and run it.
Now feed that to a TV output card to record it to Video cassette.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-06-06 22:44:47 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OOPs, must have been typing while Minion had already answered.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-06-06 22:59:42 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just discovered it isn't necessary to join the wavs first. Just encode both wavs to mp2 to with TMPG then use the Merge&Cut feature to join them, just make sure you choose 'all files' when you add the files and give the output an .mp2 extension.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - XVCD and SVCD No.22860
peggy  2002-06-06 20:56:43 ( ID:sj.ql7qzhew )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just a question from a newbie, I have encoded quite a few vcd's and am about to do some svcd's instead. Apparantley they are better quality, but when I use the bitrate calculator and alternate between svcd and xvcd; the bitrate stays the same. If this is correct why is svcd any better than xvcd. I suspect that this is a silly question, but I'll ask it anyway, appologies.

P.s could anybody email me ashy's templates to give me a head start?

ASHY  2002-06-06 21:54:04 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The simple answer is because bitrate calculators only calculate the bitrate you need to fit a certain length of movie on to disk. Just because it is MPEG2 SVCD the bitrate does't change.
For instance lets say you have a movie which is 1hr 30mins and you want to fit that on to 2x 74 min cd's. You put that into your calculator and it calculates 2200 kb/s for the video and 224 kb/s for the audio. So that is 2424 kilobits per second. Now if you were to calculate what 2424 kb/s x 1hr 30min is, it should be the total size of the two 74 min disks.

The reason that SVCD is higher quality is because it has a higher resolution and higher resolutions need higher bitrates.

If you were to encode a 480x480 SVCD at the same bitrate as a 352x240 VCD the quality of the SVCD would start to look worse than the VCD because you would start to get macroblocks(those horrible blocks you see when something moves fast) because there isn't enough bitrate to make up the larger picture, so to account for this you need to raise the bitrate because of the higher resolution.

This all leads to a better image but means you end up with being able to fit less on a CD. To be honest there isn't much difference between MPEG1 and MPEG2 as far as image quality goes if you encode both at the same resolution and both will take up the same amount of space.

The real difference between MPEG1 and MPEG2 is the fact that MPEG2 supports extra features and this is why it is used for SVCD and DVD as these features don't work for MPEG1 VCD. It's all down to MPEG specifications so manufacfturers of DVD players have something to build to and your player has to follow these specifications.
Just because your player may be able to play MPEG2 SVCD at 480x480 it doesn't necessarily mean it can do the same with MPEG1 VCD.

Hope you can understand the explanation.

ASHY

M.Bastian  2002-06-06 22:15:40 ( ID:lh1udvptj1c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Here an snap and paste from an private email conversation regarding the Quality between mpeg1 and mpeg2 at same settings.

------
As I already said Its easy to fool yourself so I for my part always
consult friends and collegues about my encodings.
Eg. I was fooling around with mpeg2 VCDs since I thought mpeg2 is superior
to mpeg1. To my great suprise my friends all said that the mpeg2 VCD version
was crap compared with the normal mpeg1 VCD(same bitrate on both 2 Pass VBR
800/1350/1750). One of my friends who has an degree in Mathematics expained to
me that mpeg2 was specifically made for high resolution/bitrate streams and
obviously sucks when used with low resolution/bitrate. The same is true for
mpeg1 SVCDs(tested it too). In a nutshell I was nearly convinced that I can make mpeg2 VCDs with the same quality as mpeg1 but lower bitrate(This even played on standalone players!) I was nearly ready to post an longish thread to the forum telling my success when I decided to consult others first ...
------

cheers

M.Bastian

Bug report - TE25 - TMPGEnc Plus does not 'see' entire movie No.22858
Dmonty  2002-06-06 20:54:01 ( ID:vhjivw8cahh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Using Smartripper with stream processing enabled I created a M2V and AC3 file from a DVD Movie. I used the same settings that have worked for me on the last 7 movies.

When I preview the movie in TMPGEnc I can only see the first 49 min of this movie. When I preview the same file in DVD2AVI and PowerDVD I can see the entire movie. For some reason TMPGEnc thinks this movie is an 49 min long.

Frustrated I ran the movie through Smartripper again with the same settings. This time TMPGEnc is able to preview the entire movie. Confused now, I compared both M2Vs files. Byte size was the same. Both movies play in PowerDVD and DVD2AVI. Testing the movies with ReMPEG reveals no issues. So I compared the movies in TMPGEnc. This time I notice movie 1 has less than half of the frames reported in movie 2.

So what happened? Does TMPGEnc count frames or does this info get supplied by the M2V?

Minion  2002-06-06 22:38:35 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This happens from time to time ,It happened to me last night but the other way around "tmpgenc" reported twice as many frames as there were,but in times like this you realize that there in an error and just do it again,don"t let it confuse you just realize that there is an error and do it again, and you mean a "d2v" file not a "m2v" file?right

Question - TE25 - Sound Pronlem No.22856
Jens  2002-06-06 20:00:29 ( ID:unp0axa0w2o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi

Some of the avi films I want to encode gives me a nive mpg-file, but without the sound. By reading some of the other Q's on the BBS, I gather this might have something to do with DivX 5 or mpeg layer 3 or whatever...

Does any1 know how to see which divx-codec the avi-file is coded with? Or even if I'm on the right track, and what I could do about it?

A lot of people say something about virtuadub, what is this and where do I get it?

Help is appreciated.

ASHY  2002-06-06 21:05:05 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your problem has nothing to do with the DIVX codec. The movie probably has mp3 VBR or AC3 as the audio. You will need to exctract the audio to a wav file.
Virtualdub can be found here. http://www.virtualdub.org

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Problem to convert .avi to mpeg No.22854
Vlad  2002-06-06 19:48:23 ( ID:pmfunnz/qok )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,
I have a problem when I try to convert .avi files to mpeg. It doesn`t pick up automatically audio file when i choose .avi file to convert. Then when process complete there is no sound. Only a few times I succeded, it picked the same file .avi and put it to video and audio source. Other then that usually It doesn`t. And when I play that .avi file there is sound. Could you help me with that problem. Probably I miss something.
Thank you in advance.

ASHY  2002-06-06 22:04:04 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

See the post above.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - file size problems No.22852
svhunter  2002-06-06 19:22:55 ( ID:mjl6wpzw4t. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have problems converting from AVI to MPEG...each time I try the file size comes out the same regardless of what I sent my kbps!

will someone help me??? I would like to fit a complete movie on 1 cd!!!

What an I doing wrong????

ASHY  2002-06-06 20:58:29 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

See this post for the solution.
Question - Bitrates and File Size No.22818

ASHY

Question - TE25 - DVD-IT PE and TMPEnc mpg2 problem / ripping hair out! No.22846
The Digital Dan  2002-06-06 18:38:49 ( ID:xrt71s9lzkc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm having an impossible time getting DVDitPE to build with the Mpeg file I have. I keep getting the "Each GOP Header must be preceded by a sequence header error". Here are the particulars:

Video was captured from a VCR through a Sony DV-TRV50 camcorder with Premier 6 using a firewire connection. Video was edited in Premier 6 and exported as seperate MS AVI video file and standard PCM 48khz wave file.

I then followed the guidelines on "http://pwp.netcabo.pt/0165394101/TMPGEnc_Template.html" to compress the Avi video. I am using an NTSC file, so I made the appropriate adjustments as required.

I have tried both Upper field and Lower field first, same error. If I just import the avi and wav files in DVD-itPE, it goes through Sonic's own compression process just fine. So it doesn't look to be the fault of the avi file.

Any help is appreciated as it will keep me from becoming a bald man at an early age

I did adjust some settings on the "VFAPI plug-in" tab of the Environmental Settings section. AVI VFW compatibility Reader is at Priority 1 and everything else is at Priority 0. I'm now wondering if this is the problem. I was told by another "guru" that this was what was required for TMPGEnc to read MS AVI files outputed from Adobe Premier 6. Is this where I've been directed wrong? Other than that, I've followed Rui's guide to the letter (except in NTSC).

I'm at my wits end on this one. I'm new to all of this, so I assume I'm missing something really simple. I wanted to use TMPGEnc cause it allowed me some more fine tuning options with the compressed file size and quality.

richard  2002-06-06 20:17:37 ( ID:kwfsrhnna/w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Make sure "output interval of sequence header" is set to 1 and enable "closed GOPs".

ASHY  2002-06-06 22:22:41 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm not sure you really need to enable closed GOPs 'output interval of sequence header' is set to 1 should be enough, but this software is known for being finicky for what it accepts.
Here's a page which may help. http://www.vcdhelp.com/panasonic.htm

ASHY

The Digital Dan  2002-06-06 23:37:00 ( ID:kfzwklphlef )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Very interesting, TMPGEnc isn't the problem afterall. I went back and reinstalled MyDVD which came with the burner and it builds with the same files just fine. Arrggghhh!!!! Since I'm not using compressed audio, this will do just fine. I can't remember what the limitations of MyDVD were as compared to DVD-It PE, but I'll live with it. I only wish I hadn't already deleted my previous mpeg2's, thinking they were faulty. Now I to spend another 56hrs recompressing 89min and 72min files! Sounds like I need to redo my OS installation again.

ASHY  2002-06-07 00:11:59 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

56hrs??!!
Don't tell me you are using the 'highest quality setting'. Honestly this is no better than 'high quality' and even then 56 hrs sounds far to long even for this. It would take me 14 hours to convert a 90 min file to MPEG2 using the 'Highest quality setting' and about 2 1/2hrs using 'Normal'.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-06-07 00:20:52 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have just read that page you have posted a link to and I see you are doing a 2 pass encode.
I wouldn't bother with the 2 pass as the 'constant quality(CQ)' setting gives almost identical results in half the time just ask anybody in this BBS who uses it.

ASHY

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.