Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 842 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Bug report TE25 Disappearing Disk Space Christh21 5 2002-06-06 03:41:56
Question TE25 DVD noninterlaced OK? georgewf 3 2002-06-05 11:00:46
Question TE25 getting green squares in mpeg SVCD file musicnyman 4 2002-06-05 16:44:35
Question TE25 making 2 mpegs from 1 avi XXX_Mina 1 2002-06-05 06:14:16
Question TE25 hwo do i register tmpgenc plus? raps 2 2002-06-05 15:32:53
Question TE25 My sound coming out faster than video coming out... John 3 2002-06-05 06:29:06
Question TE25 How to open mpeg-2/svcd? aeroshock 1 2002-06-05 02:47:56
Request TE25 Automating Conversion Replicants 2 2002-06-05 23:02:09
Question TE25 Frame editing jonahinthewhale 1 2002-06-04 21:25:53
Question TE25 blank screen ashton 2 2002-06-05 08:38:48
Question TE25 CDR / CDRW's Tom 1 2002-06-04 20:44:29
Question TE25 SVCD or XVCD Gerrit 7 2002-06-05 14:55:43

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 842 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Bug report - TE25 - Disappearing Disk Space No.22741
Christh21  2002-06-05 13:25:01 ( ID:9q.e625fmh6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am using TMPG to encode 2 SVCDs. The resulting file, before splitting, is about 1.4 GB. I have about 6GB free on my hard disk, so after encoding I assume I should still have at least 4GB free to create BIN files for burning. However to my surprise, I found TMPG 80% done at just over an hour saying "Disk write error." I looked at the folder where the resulting file was and found that it was only about 1GB (which is right for the hour of video encoded) but I also found that my hard disk was reporting 40KB free on the whole disk! So, I used a program Size Manager to scan my entire hard disk. According to it, the files on my computer are only taking up 12.9GB out of the 18.6GB available. I SHOULD have 5GB free on my disk, but its not there.

I thought maybe TMPG was using some TEMP files, but the TEMP dir used by TMPG only have about 20MB of files. Can anyone explain WHY I might be losing all this disk space? Thanks

Christh21  2002-06-05 13:32:20 ( ID:9q.e625fmh6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

BTW, I am running Windows XP on a laptop with Pentium III 1000mhz and 256mb ram.

Christh21  2002-06-05 13:39:42 ( ID:9q.e625fmh6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just rebooted my machine. The "missing disk space" appeared when I rebooted.

Minion  2002-06-06 01:46:37 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you doing a 2 pass encode?With the 2 pass encodeing method tmpgenc stores all the information from the passes on your hard disk and can take up to 5gb of space,you can turn off this function in 2 pass mode if you go to your enviromental settings under CPU and un-tick the "Enable Cache" box..but if your not doing a 2pass encode then I don"t know what your problem could be....

Christh21  2002-06-06 01:59:38 ( ID:bispsy4.qcj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't see an "Enable Cache" option under CPU. The closest I see is under General it says "Do not use cache functin by Operating System to access file." that's checked.

Minion  2002-06-06 03:41:56 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What version are you useing?I was talking about the 2.54 plus version,I don"t think the demo has the optimized 2pass encodeing ,or maybee you cant turn off that function in the demo, download the Plus version and maybe it will fix yer problem.

Question - TE25 - DVD noninterlaced OK? No.22737
georgewf  2002-06-05 04:25:58 ( ID:d79dtc0edkm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I encoded for dvd as 29.97 noninterlaced and it plays nicely
on my Pioneer NTSC player. Before we press 1000 copies, will
this play back on all players? I wish I could test it on
more players, but only the Pioneer plays DVD-Rs.

I'm just a bit concerned because I keep seeing messages that
all DVDs are interlaced. Don't all DVD players automatically
adjust?

thanks

Minion  2002-06-05 06:20:02 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

NTSC movies are interlaced,and your dvd will only play in dvd player that are compatible with dvd-r disks but it probably wont play in the standard dvd player that just plays dvd"s, I don"t think dvd players adjust for interlaced movies cuz I allways have to do it while encodeing but if you don"t notice any interlaceing artifacts while playback then I wouldn"t worry about it..

ASHY  2002-06-05 12:47:40 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The DVD specs state that MPEG2 DVD movies are interlaced, but are stored as progressive, confusing I know.

The reason is all movie content is originally 24 fps film this is then transferred to DVD as progressive frames at 24 or 23.976 fps, but because the NTSC standard requires 29.97 fps Telecine is added when the movie is transferred to the DVD. This process adds a flag to the movie which tells the player to perform a 3:2 pulldown when the movie is played back.
Basically what this does is it just tells the player to repeat certain frames adding 6 frames per second to the movie using a certain sequence of repeating fields within a frame which has the effect of creating interlaced frames.

To be honest I'm not sure how most DVD player would handle a non interlaced MPEG2 movie without pulldown.

What I can tell you that may help you relax a little is that all MPEG1 VCD movies are progressive and these play fine.

I suppose it will depend on the player. At the end of the day to be safe and within specs I would interlace the movie and if possible use the 3:2 pulldown method.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-06-05 11:00:46 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can fit up to 800mb of MPEG on to a 80min/700mb disk anyway.
Yeh I know 800 into 700 doesn't go, but there is actually 800mb of storage per 80 min disk where MPEG is concerned as there is usually 100mb set aside for parity checking when used for normal data storage, but this isn't required for MPEG data, so the extra 100 mb can be used for storage.

Go ahead and burn it should fit no prob and if the movie is slightly over 800mb, say 810mb this will fit, just use the overburn option in your software when you burn the CD.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - getting green squares in mpeg SVCD file No.22732
musicnyman  2002-06-05 04:19:42 ( ID:bjmk.0ucl8a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when i encode my mpegs using the VBR SVCD or CBR SVCD template for NTSC, i'm getting green sqaure pixels pop up here and there on the screen, then another 2 seconds, they come back then go away on darker parts of the movie. is this part of the encoder? is there another algorithm i can use or matrix?

thanks

Minion  2002-06-05 06:23:57 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There have been complaints of discoloration in mpeg"s when the "angel potion codec" is installed on the same machine, but if that isn"t your problem then i don"t know what it could be unless they are interlaceing artifacts which I would correct with the de-interlace filter...

ASHY  2002-06-05 12:56:38 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If this only happens on you DVD player then try to lower your burn speed to no more than 4x.
A lot of players have trouble reading disks that have been burned higher than 4x causing the effect you are seeing and also jerkyness and funny pops and noises in the sound. If you experience any of these then lower the burn speed or try different disks as certain cheap disks can also cause this.

Another thing is to watch the max bitrate you have set. Your player may not be able to handle the rate you have set. A lot of players can struggle above 2600 kb/s.

ASHY

musicnyman  2002-06-05 16:27:35 ( ID:6xascjej7gc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanks guys. appreciate the help, but i get the green sqaures when watching it on my computer as well through powerdvd, as an mpeg and as a SVCD bin file. maybe try and use another quantrize matrix? like using an MPEG standard matrix instead of the default? no one else has this problem? i might just be picky about the quality as well, like i said, it doesn't come up in bright screens, and my apex player plays 20x to 24x cds very well including some that i didn't encode and they come out fine....maybe use another tmpgenc template?

thanks guys

musicnyman  2002-06-05 16:44:35 ( ID:6xascjej7gc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanks guys. appreciate the help, but i get the green sqaures when watching it on my computer as well through powerdvd, as an mpeg and as a SVCD bin file. maybe try and use another quantrize matrix? like using an MPEG standard matrix instead of the default? no one else has this problem? i might just be picky about the quality as well, like i said, it doesn't come up in bright screens, and my apex player plays 20x to 24x cds very well including some that i didn't encode and they come out fine....maybe use another tmpgenc template?

thanks guys

Question - TE25 - making 2 mpegs from 1 avi No.22730
XXX_Mina  2002-06-05 03:52:40 ( ID:vs4yh8.nbvo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

my movies are usually one large divx file... 500 megs or so.., and i was wondering if there is a way to program tmpeg to split the movie into 2 automatically. i know how to mess with the source range, but i needed where i can press start and let it run during the night. and when i wake up i want to have 2 mpegs(vcd) files. sometimes i run tmpeg twice, but my pc cant handle that...... if you know how i can use task manager to have one start in the middle of the night... that would be cool.or if tmpeg has the ability to do this on its own.... where can i find out how.if it does not have the ability it would be awesome if you can add it. Like in winrar and winace where you tell it a size limit and it splits the file into diffrent parts each matching the size limit. Except in this case it should go back 3 seconds so we wont miss anything during the split.

Minion  2002-06-05 06:14:16 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

use the batch encodeing mode and you can load as many movies as you want and come back in a month and have 100 movies encoded...Well not quite, what you do is load in your avi file use the source range and set it up for the first half of your movie and do your settings like you were going to encode then go to "file" and save it to a project file, then go and do the settings for the second half then go to file and save it as a project file.Now go to "file" to "batch encode" and then load your project files in the batch encode window and then you are ready to encode ....now go to sleep and you will have tmpgenc slaveing away for you all night encodeing ........

Question - TE25 - hwo do i register tmpgenc plus? No.22727
raps  2002-06-05 02:06:00 ( ID:ybbz3lworog )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After buying tmpgenc plus I have recieved an email giving me a code to be entered. The email says to press "register" on the "splash screen". Unfortunately I cant register tmpgenc plus as there is no "splash screen" when i start the program, there is only a wizard. I have tried looking under "help" "about" but there is nowhere to register there either. "help" "about" does give me a splash screen saying i have 30 days to try the program, but still nowhere to register. How can I enter my registration code?

ffast  2002-06-05 02:17:03 ( ID:rq73n1voqvj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

first of all, you need to download TMPGEnc Plus.

I think this is wrong place to ask such question.

ASHY  2002-06-05 15:32:53 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You have obviously downloaded the non plus version of TMPG. Go to the Pegasus site and download the PLUS version.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - My sound coming out faster than video coming out... No.22723
John  2002-06-05 02:05:53 ( ID:m4mpdoui/nh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

my audio is little faster than
my video source...
I used dbpoweramp to convert
asf file to wav or mp2.
when i encode wav and asf to mpg,
video source is little faster than audio source
and
when i encode mp2 and asf to mpg
sound source is little faster than video source...

is there's way i can put video and sound source
coming out evenly?

Minion  2002-06-05 02:46:29 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Don"t encode the mp2, just encode the asf and multiplex the mp2 with your video..

John  2002-06-05 02:56:05 ( ID:m4mpdoui/nh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

what's multiplex?
how do i do?

Minion  2002-06-05 06:29:06 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Multiplex is the joining of a video stream and an audio stream, you have a "mp2" audio file that does NOT need to be encoded, but you have a mpeg video that has no audio, so you need to join the two streams, to do this go to "file" to "mpeg tools" then to the "multiplex" load in your audio and video file then choose the correct setting in the drop down menu eg:mpeg1/vcd or mpeg2/svcd,Then click run, and it will join the two files together.....

Question - TE25 - How to open mpeg-2/svcd? No.22721
aeroshock  2002-06-05 00:07:09 ( ID:rvfhv70m8or )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey I was wondering how to open an mpeg2 file / svcd in tmpgenc? When I try to it says the file cant open or is unsupported. Thanks for any help.

Minion  2002-06-05 02:47:56 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need the "mpeg2 plugin" then you still might have to de-multiplex your svcd file and load the streams seperately.......

Request - TE25 - Automating Conversion No.22718
Replicants  2002-06-04 23:14:53 ( ID:dr3tqicy5jw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there a way to automate (or even script) tmpgenc to work with virtuadub etc?

I was thinking I would be nice to pass a file(s) to it via a 'shell' program or script (and with virtauldub) and have the results output to disk in one go.

Would make the program much more useful!

Minion  2002-06-05 02:42:27 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can It is called "frame serveing" .......

ASHY  2002-06-05 23:02:09 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPG has had the ability to work with Virtualdub frameserver files for as long as I can remember.
Really, you should use a thing called the internet and do a little research before making requests for something which is already there.
As for scripting, ever heard of AVIsynth.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Frame editing No.22716
jonahinthewhale  2002-06-04 21:03:46 ( ID:7so6hrdzfda )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to edit indivdual frames in an mpeg. I don't mean just cut it out but to like at censor blurs or lettering in the frame. If this is not possible then is it possible to edit out the video completly and just leave the audio. I tried murgiong an mpeg without video and just audio to some with video and audio but it told me that it was not possible. So in short, can I make a black screen with sound? - Jonah

ASHY  2002-06-04 21:25:53 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You could cut the part out you want to alter then re-encode it with TMPG to a series of bitmaps then edit the bitmaps as you wish and then re-encode them back to an MPEG and rejoin it with the movie.

If you want to encode a blank screen with just sound then just load up your MPEG into TMPG then clear the Video field and set the option to 'System (Video+Audio)' and TMPG will encode the movie with sound and a blank screen.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - blank screen No.22713
ashton  2002-06-04 20:54:17 ( ID:8n1tnloxod2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i downloaded two programs for avi2mpeg, this one and a "avi 2 vcd mpeg-1 encoder". The vcd encoder gives me sound and picture (after i have already decompressed the sound of course) but it takes....well it's going on 15 hours for half a movie! this program however only takes me about 6 to 7 hours, but iget sound and no picture. i went in and looked at the avi2vcd encoder and tried figure out what kind of numbers i was getting on that program and maybe i could set the tmpg to the same settings but was unsuccessful. please help me.

ASHY  2002-06-04 21:02:05 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Goto Option>Enviromental setting click the 'VFAPI plugin' tab then right click on the 'Directshow multimedia file reader' and raise it's priority to 2 and put the rest at 0.

ASHY

ashton  2002-06-05 08:38:48 ( ID:8n1tnloxod2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thank you very much! All is working well now, I can't express how thankful i am! one more question, probebly heard a million times but how can i speed up the process? i got a bigger hard drive cause i heard that might help but is there anything else?

Question - TE25 - CDR / CDRW's No.22711
Tom  2002-06-04 20:32:42 ( ID:hvrhufqjkmc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What are the best CDR / CDRW's (on the local market) to use when burning VCD's?

ASHY  2002-06-04 20:44:29 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is a difficult one to answer because it all depends on your burner and player. Some burners work better with certain disks than others.

I have tried many disks and have had good ones and crap ones. Usually the best disks are the Taio Yuden manufactured disks,Phillps,TDK,Kodak,Sony.

The disks I'm using at the moment are the best I've used so far. Which has really suprised me because they are actually made by Ritek and are the DATASAFE brand or the WHITELABEL brand. These disks are excellant on my player for VCD.

I used to have a problem with some cheaper disks causing jerky playback and I could never burn a disk higher than 4x or it would jerk like hell.
With these disks there is never a jerk, a stutter a pop or anything, they play perferct 99.9% of the time even the more expensive disks didn't achieve this and these diska are quite cheap to buy.

Ritek used to have a bad name for CDR's but I have done some research into these disks and they have apparantly improved the quality now as they are aiming at the professional sector with these disks.

I certainly approve of these disks so maybe they would work for you.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - SVCD or XVCD No.22703
Gerrit  2002-06-04 20:08:25 ( ID:06ax9hyh2o2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I used tmpgenc 2.53 to encode an AVI-movie captured from a camcorder. Although the result on TV is reasonable I expected a better result compared to the original DV. Especially in the moving scenes I see a lot of pixels/snow. I used the standard SVCD-template (PAL). Is this normal or are there any better SVCD-templates or perhaps XVCD-templates available? Can someone help me by providing such templates resulting in higher quality or give me some hints.
Thanks in advance.

Gerrit

ASHY  2002-06-04 20:17:52 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

They're on their way.

ASHY

Gerrit  2002-06-04 21:51:32 ( ID:06ax9hyh2o2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello Ashy,

Thanks again for sending the templates. I have used the SVCD(PAL) but now my TV shows a jerky movie. I think, this has to do with the DVD-player (Grundig 5100). What to do now, should I lower the maximum bitrate?

kind regards
Gerrit

ASHY  2002-06-04 22:25:19 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is this your player - Grundig Xenaro GDP 5100?

I have done some checking and there are mixed opinions of what it can handle. Some say it can handle bitrates up to 4000 kb/s others say only up to 2600 kb/s.

As a test set the max bitrate to 2600 kb/s and see what happens and most importantly make sure you burn your MPEG at no higher than 4x as this can and does cause the movie to jerk.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-06-04 22:27:10 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

By the way are you using CDRW or CDR for your MPEGs. If you are using CDRW then try it with a CDR. CDRW always play back jerky on my player, but the same movie plays fine on CDR.

ASHY

Gerrit  2002-06-04 23:27:17 ( ID:06ax9hyh2o2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for your response,

I tried it on a CDR instead of a CDRW but it still resulted in a jerky movie (4000 kb/s). Decreasing the max. bitrate to 2600 does work, but the result is the same as the standard SVCD-template of tmpgenc: when the camcorder is moving and following a subject the background of the movie is full of pixels. Is it possible to improve this?

kind regards
Gerrit

ASHY  2002-06-05 13:10:48 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm afraid it's down to what your player is able to handle as the blocks are just an effect that using lower bitrates than the particular scene requires causes.
There isn't really much you can do about it, all you can really do is do some tests to find out how much bitrate you can use before your player starts to choke.
If you are more concerned about image quality than audio quality then you could sacrifice some of the audio bitrate so you could up the video bitrate slightly. If you reduce the audio bitrate to 128 kb/s you can up the video bitrate and extra 96 kb/s, not much I know, but it will help and remember the total bitrate your player can handle is the audio bitrate plus the video bitrate.

Setting the motion search precision to 'high' will give slightly better quality, but don't bother with 'highest' as it doesn't make a difference and doubles the time of the encode.
Also make sure you have 'soften block noise' checked in the quantize matrix tab.

ASHY

Gerrit  2002-06-05 14:55:43 ( ID:a8in.m18baa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, and thanks

Gerrit

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.