Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 836 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 TMPGEnc doing only the half job CaptainTobi 1 2002-06-10 13:24:40
Question TE25 Audio and Video Not Synch'd John 2 2002-06-10 14:44:57
Question TE25 unsupported svcd g-man 2 2002-06-10 21:09:58
Question TE25 NO VIDOE converting on WINDWOS XP abthul 1 2002-06-09 18:07:01
Question TE25 No sound Twizzle 1 2002-06-09 18:15:17
Question TE25 after using cq file movie stil doesnt play rigth djrainer 9 2002-06-11 11:39:20
Question TE25 Video source Unsupported jericho 1 2002-06-09 09:23:29
Question TE25 Help on CQ pal template peggy 1 2002-06-09 06:49:38
Question TE25 Sound Cuts in and Out SS 1 2002-06-09 05:11:47
Question TE25 Simple Capture and Burn - Audio Sync Problem Ritchmeister 6 2002-06-09 22:05:08
Question TE25 DVD2AVI produces Horizontal lines Donald 2 2002-06-09 11:35:01
Question TE25 Split 1mpeg2 file into more the one User 2 2002-06-08 20:19:10

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 836 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - TMPGEnc doing only the half job No.23000
CaptainTobi  2002-06-09 16:53:19 ( ID:1vxod1c3a1r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

When I split the Video from Audio, TMPEnc finishs the job at the half of the file, but without any message. 100% done, but only half of the file. Whatswrong here?

NewtronX  2002-06-10 13:24:40 ( ID:blvxpewgwwm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Chances are your source file has an error in it when TMPGenc gets to this it chokes. It possible it will recover if you give it time to finish if not you may have to encode using the new source selection feature you can deselect the bad source file spot this way.

Question - TE25 - Audio and Video Not Synch'd No.22997
John  2002-06-09 15:02:32 ( ID:kqeswzcpkao )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After converting a Matrox DV avi from the Premiere timeline using TMPGEnc and encoding the audio using Export Timeline > Audio, when I put them back together in DVDit!PE, the audio and video are out of synch. It seems that the audio has one sort of false start at the beginning where it seems to start and then starts over. That seems to be the amoount they're out of synch. Both show 2:01:01 for duration but they seem to be out by a fraction of a second. Can anyone tell me what might have caused this and what can be done to fix it?

Thanks,

John

Minion  2002-06-09 21:52:48 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sync problems are very common with captured files,you said there was a little glitch at the begining of the audio file ,that glitch seems to have ruined your audio file so I think you will have to do your audio over again,and maybe this time there wont be a glitch at the begining of it,but if they are still out of sync you can use a program like "mpegvcr" or bbmpeg or m2-edit pro"to multiplex the audio to your video but it has a feature that lets you off set the audio or video so you can sync them,but can you get program streams into DVDit?I learned my lesson long ago with DVDit and dumped it because it is way to picky with the files it accepts.........

John  2002-06-10 14:44:57 ( ID:nwosmamnqam )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion,

Thanks for your reply. I had no problem getting the files into DVDit or ReelDVD (ReelDVD actually seemed pickier). I don't know where the glitch came from at the start but it seems to be the problem. I found sound I exported earlier that had no glitch and it synched fine. Any ideas what would have produced the false start on the audio? I used Export Timeline > Audio using entire project. The one without glitch came from a Ligos plug-in export.

John

Question - TE25 - unsupported svcd No.22994
g-man  2002-06-09 14:45:47 ( ID:zvcflshclp2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does anybody know why when I demultiplex an svcd file I seem to only get half the length of the original movie. Also when I downloaded the mpeg 2 codec as posted on this site, I get an error message saying it can't find a dll ( msvbvm60 ) I've tried downloading the exe file a couple of times but always get the same message. Any ideas. Thanx loads guys.

ASHY  2002-06-09 18:01:47 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'll start off by reapeating a reply I put in another post to you.
If your still using that EZ CD creator crap then get rid and download yourself a free demo copy of NERO from http://nero.com
It'll burn that SVCD without you having to convert it to VCD first, saving you time and quality.

The .dll file you need can be downloaded here:
http://www.dll-files.com/files/msvbvm60.zip

put it in your WindowsSystem directory for Win 98/ME or WindowsSystem32 for Win 2000/NT/XP

ASHY

g-man  2002-06-10 21:09:58 ( ID:zvcflshclp2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanx ever so much dude i really appreciate it.

Question - TE25 - NO VIDOE converting on WINDWOS XP No.22992
abthul  2002-06-09 14:16:50 ( ID:f8b7qd.dvdg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

HI ALL,

I have Pentium IV 1Ghz, 512 RAM, on it Win XP Pro, and have as TMPEnc Encoder .

The problem is while I was encoding the .avi to vcd, there is no video but no problem audio using this encoder.

Would some one please let me know what is the best solution that you may have inorder to getting the video please!

Million Thanks
Victim

ASHY  2002-06-09 18:07:01 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go to Option>Enviromental setting>VFAPI Plugin
Right click 'Directshow multimedia file reader'
Raise it's priority to 2 and the rest to 0

ASHY

Question - TE25 - No sound No.22990
Twizzle  2002-06-09 12:51:22 ( ID:vhtdxqnuo7c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a collection of avi clips that I have downloaded and want to encode them all to mpeg so I can burn them onto a vcd. About half of them are fine and I can encode them with no problems.
The other half however are causing more of a problem. The original files are about 100mb and if I try to encode them I end up with a 800mb file with no sound. I have found a way to get round this by ripping the sound with virtualdub and then selecting this file as the audio source but it is a bit of a long winded method, and there is no easy way that I know of to tell which files need the sound ripping and which don't.

Is there any other way to accomplish this through TMPG ie with a plugin encoder?

ASHY  2002-06-09 18:15:17 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Load file, click Setting>Advanced, double click source range filter then check 'display audio'
The audio will be displayed in green under the display window. If it's blank then TMPG isn't able to decode the audio, so you will have to extract to a wav. If you see a green wave then TMPG can decode the audio.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - after using cq file movie stil doesnt play rigth No.22980
djrainer  2002-06-09 11:19:33 ( ID:8pumounkuh6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i GOT A REPLY FROM AHS..

That i has to use CQ .

But aslo doesnt work ..oke the file is smaller but its the same when put the birate on 3000

so my question is it possible to encod a divx or avi with birate of 8000 or 7000 and copy it to dvd r

Minion  2002-06-09 12:45:12 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Of course it is, for doing dvd"s 3000kbs is a little low for a max bitrate,the dvd standard has a max of 9.8mbs, but i wouldn"t go that high unless you want only an 1.5 hours per dvd disk,youshould try a "CQ" encode with a max of 6000kbs and a minimum of 500kbs with 75-100% quality,that should give you pretty good quality for dvd and still get a couple of movies on a dvd disk..What did you mean by "it didn"t work"?why wouldn't your file work,what did it do?With a max bitrate of 3000kbs should have been good for a svcd with a fairly small file size, that is if you didn"t check the "enable padding" box cuz that will make your file a lot larger than it should be....

djrainer  2002-06-09 17:03:07 ( ID:8pumounkuh6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi minion

oke what i ment was the cq method doesnt work

i put max on 8000 and the min on 4000/5000

the file /movie got smaller but stil doesnt play right its keeps shocking

it doesnt matter if i put one or 2 movie's if its play right without shocking i'm a happy person.

i read your reply does the movie wel on thes settings..????

Minion  2002-06-09 22:00:40 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do you mean "shocking"?What do you play your mpeg files through?You better not be playing your mpeg files with "media player" cuz media player does not play mpeg"s correctly.Do you mean a jerky, stop start motion when you play it,That is caused usually by encodeing to the Wrong frame rate.Post the specs of your file(frame rate resolution ect) and we will see what we can do to correct your problem.....

djrainer  2002-06-09 22:46:24 ( ID:8pumounkuh6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No i mean when copy it on dvdr it plays shocking in my dvd player
before i copied it on dvdr i checked it first in SpruceUp DVD Authoring

i thougth it was the problem of that program so i copied to dvdr and saw the same shocking

the movie doesnt play in 1 line its skips
and when i put the birate on 8000 Cbr it doesnt shock/skips

but the movie is to big to put on dvdr more 6gb

what doe you men by Post the specs of your file

Minion  2002-06-10 03:20:02 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I mean exactly that. post the frame rate and format of your avi file and what frame rate and resolution you are encodeing to.Because the jerkyness is usually caused by encodeing to an incorrect frame rate,and Im preety sure that it Doesn"t have to do with the "CQ" encodeing mode..That is werd that it plays better in CBR mode cuz most dvd"s are VBR ..You could allways try CBR but at 5000kbs and you might fit it on a dvd, but in reality you should be able to get more that one movie on a dvd disk,I do really high bitrate XSVCD"s with a max of 8000kbs and my movies are about 2.5gb each....

djrainer  2002-06-10 08:20:46 ( ID:8pumounkuh6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

input format is 576x324 vga
output format is 720x576 4:3 display

and i use tmpgence version 2.54.37.135

how can i make XSVCD"s with a max of 8000kbs
can it also be copied on a dvd r

Minion  2002-06-10 22:39:11 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The xsvcd"s I make I don"t do with "tmpgenc" I use a different encoder for my mpeg2 projects.Tmpgenc is way to slow and the mpeg2 quality isn"t as good as the other encoder I use....

Minion  2002-06-10 22:40:48 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you want to learn how I do it you can e-mail me......

djrainer  2002-06-11 11:39:20 ( ID:tvhkdl5rpt2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OOOh you doesnt even use tmpgenc

plz let me know what program do you use then

Question - TE25 - Video source Unsupported No.22978
jericho  2002-06-09 07:24:42 ( ID:bs4da9koe2h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I try to convert a SVCD to a VCD according to vcdhelp I run into a problem getting TMPGEnc to recognize my .d2v file. I have tried changing the environmental settings and I can't get it to work. I have tried to re-install both TMPGEnc and the VFAPI plug-in (on a different drive). When I extract the newly downloaded plug in I I am told the zip file is incomplete or corrupt. Please help.

Thanks

Minion  2002-06-09 09:23:29 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There are a few reasons why this can happen,I"ll go through the most common,remember to not move or re-name any of the "d2v"or"vob" files or change any of the names of the files or folders in the path between "dvd2avi" and "tmpgenc",.And to make sure you have the dvd2avi vfapi plugin,and you can try copying and pasteing the "dvd2avi.vfp" file from dvd2avi to the tmpgenc folder..and if none of this works get the "vfapi converter" and load your "d2v" file into that and see if it makes a psudo avi file for you if it does then you can use that in tmpgenc but if it doesn"t then there is something wrong,maybe an error while makeing the d2v file..make another d2v file with dvd2avi and dont move or delete anything and try again I have never really had a problem with dvd2avi and I make Lots of svcd"s..

Question - TE25 - Help on CQ pal template No.22976
peggy  2002-06-09 06:30:17 ( ID:mk8pw3dua56 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Wondering if someone could give us some pointers, I've got ashy's templates, had a quick nosey and was a bit puzzled. The quality was set at 1000 with 0 as minimum bitrate and 3500 as maximum. Could someone tell me wether my assumption is correct, that its up to me to decide through testing ( a minutes worth of film) what to enter as the minimum bitrate. I thought I'd be clever and use the bitrate calculator to work out how much it would be for CBR and then take off about 150 to compensate for a film with a reasonable amount of fast scenes. Unfortunately I regulary go over 750 mb and have to start again. Could someone tell me wether I'm on the right lines and what the quality setting is all about. I did a a test on star wars (136 mins) and decided that each minute needed about 10mb (1500/136), I changed to bitrate to 1200 (bitrate calc said 1367 for 136mins on 2 80min cds with 224 audio). Did a test for a minute, it seemed fine but in the end both files still ended up 850+mb , another night wasted. Any tips or examples would be much appreciated. Maybe I would be better sticking with CBR just because its easier for a beginner. Not very positive I know!!!

Minion  2002-06-09 06:49:38 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The minimum bitrate he set it at is right, haveing a "0" minimum bitrate is a good thing if you are looking for your file to have a small size,the encoder won"t actually go down to zero bitrate but it will go close for frames that are black or just have credits on them,haveing the bitrate set at zero minimum and 100% quality lets the encoder choose over a wider range the amount of bits to allocate to each frame.You dont want more bits than needed to make up your movie, you dont need 10mb per minute if your encodeing the credits at the end of a movie or scenes with no movement ,and that 3 minutes of credits and scenes with no movementin each movie can really add up, but for scenes with lots of movement there is enough bits there to do the job...

Question - TE25 - Sound Cuts in and Out No.22974
SS  2002-06-09 01:32:49 ( ID:bw/u.qsglph )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can anyone help me figure out why the sound cuts in and out on the vcd i made?
I encoded the divx avi to mpeg1 and it sounds fine if i play it on my pc but it sounds very bad after i put it on disk. I'm pretty new at all of this, but it is the 1st time I've encoded a divx and the 1st time I've had a problem such as this.
THX

Minion  2002-06-09 05:11:47 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It could be the format of the audio or the frequency or the bitrate of the audio.For the audio on a vcd to play correctly in your dvd player the frequency has to be 41000hz, and the bitrate shouldn"t be lower than about 96kbs...

Question - TE25 - Simple Capture and Burn - Audio Sync Problem No.22967
Ritchmeister  2002-06-08 20:09:09 ( ID:kyeran/uvfj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had hopes of transfering all my hi-8 tapes to dvd. After suffering the pitfalls of editing mpegs, I went with Studio Deluxe and edited the captured avis instead. However, in using TMPGENC in wizard mode, I'm getting audio sync problems. Win Media says its a shorter video (1 hr 5 mins) while it continues to play past to the end (1 hr 30 mins). Because of this I can't check to see if the mpg is out of sync or it is in the burn process.

Then I proceeded to use TMPGENC to convert the single avi into three segments and subsequent using mpeg tools to merge them into one. While the encoding was far, far, far, far faster (5 hrs versus 30+ hrs on my 1.5 g, 512mg pc), I'm still getting sync problems.

Anyone has any solutions? I know my hi-8 tapes are not that great but there has to be a way to fix this.

TIA. ...R

Minion  2002-06-08 21:23:49 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What type of de-sync do you have?Does it start out in sync and get worse or does it start out of sync and stay the same amount out of sync the whole way through the file? cuz each type of de-sync would have a different solution to fix it.In most cases of de-sync when it comes to captured files,is caused by dropping of frames which in turn makes your avi file shorter than your audio, so what you have to do is extract the audio from your avi file and measure exactly how long it is and then take your video and mesure exactly how long it is, if you cant find out how long the video is you can count the number of frames in the file and then do some math to find out how long it is, then you will have to use a audio editing program like "cool edit" and shrink your audio file to the same exact length of your video then encode the shrunken audio to mp2 and multiplex it with your video file..This is a long and complicated way to do it but it works and it is quicker than re-encodeing and still haveing the same problem...

Ritchmeister  2002-06-08 23:43:58 ( ID:kyeran/uvfj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks, I'll try that. That certainly looks like a viable option since mine starts out fine and gets out of sync by the end of the video.

I think I'll abandon my latest attempt which was to capture the video into four separate avis, convert them to mpg separately and subsequently merging them together. However, what can I use to separate out the audio part of an avi and where can I find the shrink function in Cool Edit Pro?

TIA. ...R

Ritchmeister  2002-06-09 04:35:22 ( ID:kyeran/uvfj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks, I'll try that. That certainly looks like a viable option since mine starts out fine and gets out of sync by the end of the video.

I think I'll abandon my latest attempt which was to capture the video into four separate avis, convert them to mpg separately and subsequently merging them together. However, what can I use to separate out the audio part of an avi and where can I find the shrink function in Cool Edit Pro?

TIA. ...R

Minion  2002-06-09 05:05:07 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

To find the function were you stretch the audio file is under "transform" then to "time pitch" and then change the time to the length of your movie ... I think this probably the only way to fix that type of de-sync but you can try to alter your captureing technique to drop less frames and therefore create less of a sync problem,are you captureing useing a codec? cuz maybe captureing to uncompressed avi would be better, and instead of editing your avi files together you can frame serve them from "virtuadub" and seamlessly encode them into one mpeg then you wont have to worry about joining your mpeg"s or avi"s and it might help you de-sync problem..

Ritchmeister  2002-06-09 17:39:05 ( ID:kyeran/uvfj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I must be doing something wrong, I checked and found the difference between the video and audio to be 8 secs off by the end of the unedited 2 hr+ capture. After shrinking the audio and using tmpgenc to create an mpeg from both files, I find it shrank too much, audio before video sync. I need to be more accurate I guess.

BTW, do I shrink the audio before or after I edit the avi?

TIA ...R

Minion  2002-06-09 22:05:08 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You shrink the audio after you have finished encodeing the avi (with out audio) to mpeg, then you see how long the video is and compare it to your extracted audio, then shrink it and encode it to mp2 then multiplex it to your mpeg file..

Question - TE25 - DVD2AVI produces Horizontal lines No.22964
Donald  2002-06-08 19:23:03 ( ID:p4bakfomxpk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hy there, i use the smartripper, dvd2avi and tmpgenc to encode moviez. My problem is that DVD2AVI produces horizontal lines. Why?

Minion  2002-06-08 21:08:04 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Those "Horizontal lines" are called "interlace lines" you can try to make them look not as prevailant by useing the "De-interlace" setting in the "advanced" tab under "settings".Just double click on the "de-interlace" filter and a window will pop up and there will be a drop down menu with a whole bunch of different de-interlace options, move the slider till you get to a part where there is a lot of lines showing and go through the settings till you find the one that seems to work best.....

ASHY  2002-06-09 11:35:01 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use the ForcedFILM option in DVD2AVI when you create the d2v file to return the movie back to it's progressive state.

Have a look on www.vcdhelp.com for more info about this.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Split 1mpeg2 file into more the one No.22961
User  2002-06-08 18:06:55 ( ID:th5jgoq84y. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Please can someone tell me step by step, how to use the merge and cut mpeg tool.
I want to split one file into two or maybe more.

Donald  2002-06-08 19:30:21 ( ID:p4bakfomxpk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hy, you have to open tmpgenc and the "mepg Tools". Choose " merge & cut" and load the movie you want to split with the "add"-button. No click "edit" and you'll get a new window. Now you have to choose your start-point, using the bar under the movie-bar. The click the "["-Botton. Go to end of the first part and click "]". Now only "OK" and choose the Output. "run" and it will work. Now you only have to do the same with the second part.

Much fun.

User  2002-06-08 20:19:10 ( ID:th5jgoq84y. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thank you , I will try it

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.