Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 876 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 TMPGEnc stops responding when I run the second cut. chiplee 2 2002-05-16 11:27:41
Question TE25 unknown ben 4 2002-05-20 22:57:36
Question TE25 rate control wuk 0 2002-05-16 04:16:59
Question TE25 if i stop in the middle of an encode can i resume it later? if so how? adidas 1 2002-05-16 04:37:30
Question TE25 Some more Qs on frame size/clipping Anon 3 2002-05-16 10:58:21
Question TE25 can you get rid of subtitles when encoding for vcd webcat 1 2002-05-16 12:14:11
Question TE25 Is my VOB Interlaced A or B or is it Progressive ChrisL 3 2002-05-16 03:10:07
Question TE25 Audio missing after conversion miron 0 2002-05-15 21:26:46
Question TE25 Soundproblems after cutting a MPEG1-file Michael Sutherland 2 2002-05-15 23:36:10
Question TE25 Need a proggie that can crop MPEG files.....any suggestions? Anon 5 2002-05-16 00:53:44
Question TE25 Retaining aspect ratio AlexB 0 2002-05-15 20:06:52
Question TE25 Retaining aspect ratio AlexB 3 2002-05-15 20:21:36

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 876 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - TMPGEnc stops responding when I run the second cut. No.21367
chiplee  2002-05-16 07:08:26 ( ID:uwi29d9pwgf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I try to use merge/cut to split a TMPGEnc encoded svcd it will only work for the first segment. When I try to cut out the second segment, Say from 35minutes to 70 minutes it gets through "producing video stream" and "producing audio stream" but then just freezes right when it would change from a blue ! to a red check and start multiplexing. Other programs respond but I have to end task out of TMPGEnc. I'm new at this so any help would be appreciated. I studied the FAQ and the other posts and couldn't find a thing.

Win 98 SE
GA-7VRXP
Athlon XP 1800+
512 ddr
nVIDIA GeForce 4
if any of that matters ;^)

Minion  2002-05-16 10:33:47 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is the reason I don"t use the cut feature,about 1/2 the time it will freeze on me just the same way as you and there is nothing you can do about it accept get a different app for editing your mpegs..but what works better ,for future referance ,is to use the "source range" feature and just encode your movie in parts you can fit on a disk,I actually make my d2v files in parts so I don"t have to split them later cuz I learned my lesson after encodeing a bunch of movies but not being to fit them on a disk.

ASHY  2002-05-16 11:27:41 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The EXACT same problem was being experienced by someone else in another post.
After trying everything possible and nothing working, they just downloaded another copy of TMPG and it worked absolutely fine.

So try downloading another copy and see what happens.

See this article: Question - Merging and Cutting an MPEG No.20135

http://www.tmpgenc.net/cgi-bin/ebbs/board.cgi?board=tmpgenc&page=19

ASHY

Question - TE25 - unknown No.21362
ben  2002-05-16 06:52:57 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when i try to encode avi file i get message can not openor unsupported yet some avi files work others dont

Minion  2002-05-16 10:26:52 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You have to raise your direct show filter,first go to "options" then to "enviromental settings" then to "vfapi plugins" then raise your "direct show" to "2" and this should work...

ASHY  2002-05-16 11:32:44 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Install these two codecs on your system, DiVx 3.11 and 4.12

ASHY

petrvs  2002-05-20 22:47:58 ( ID:qm.kqyjnsza )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

no comments

petrvs  2002-05-20 22:57:36 ( ID:qm.kqyjnsza )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks to ASHY and Minion for the help. You are the best!! But I have a litle question.....How long does it takes to convert from avi to mpg-2 ? Im running XP on a pentium III, 128MB RAM..... Ive just started enconding and the remaining time is 3 hours....is that normal?? the avi file is 156MB big.

thanks

petrvs

Question - TE25 - rate control No.21361
wuk  2002-05-16 04:16:59 ( ID:hrvjarz8cd2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

what's the meaning of terms "Rate control averaging period,frames" and "Rate control reaction period,frames" in the DivX?

Question - TE25 - if i stop in the middle of an encode can i resume it later? if so how? No.21359
adidas  2002-05-16 03:47:04 ( ID:n8z4exfsbn6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

if i stop in the middle of an encode can i resume it later? if so how?

Minion  2002-05-16 04:37:30 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can not resume an encodeing session after it stops...meaning if you get an error, or you have to stop encodeing for some reason you can not restart the encodeing again, but you can pause the encodeing session to do something else with your computer like check your e-mail or run another application ect.To do this you just click "stop" and when it askes you if you want to quit encodeing just don"t answer and do whatever you have to do then you can come back and just click "no" and then you can resume encodeing.But if you get an error or something and you can encode the part that wasn"t encoded when you stoped encodeing and join the two parts together with the "merge & cut" feature..

Question - TE25 - Some more Qs on frame size/clipping No.21355
Anon  2002-05-16 01:20:25 ( ID:kfh2kqui2ia )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Here is what I am working with. It is an MPEG with a FRAME size of 352*288, however, the ACTUAL VIDEO takes up only 352*192 (48 pixels above and below form a black border).

Now, can I change the FRAME size to 352*192 (cropping 48 pixels off from above and below)? Will this reduce the file size slightly? I have tried using TMPGEnc but the best I've managed is to remove the borders and have the video stretched to fit the 352*288......which defeats the point!

I am NOT trying to create any standard file type (VCD, SVCD, etc)......all I need is a file that can be played on my PC, so I am not fussed if the settings are not standard. I am mainly doing this for practise and experience.

Please note, I do not want the final video to be stretched, just the same original MPEG without the black border above and below.

I hope this makes sense :-s

Thanks

Anon  2002-05-16 01:51:39 ( ID:kfh2kqui2ia )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK, I have found how to do this now.

I do a Q though. The bitrate of the MPEG is 1150 (CBR). If this remains unchanged will my movie be of the same size irrespective of wether or not the frame size has changed?

Let me clarify. I have 2 possible ideas about how this works.....could someone tell me which is correct - if either?!

1. Changing the frame size from 352*288 to 352*192 reduces the number of pixels by (192/288 = ) 2/3 of the original amount. This would mean the file size should drop since there are less pixels.

OR

2. Although changing the frame size reduces the number of pixels, this will not change the file size because the BITRATE was kept the same before and after (here it is at 1150kbps). In a crude way the difference can be thought of as simply meaning that the bitrate is now spread across fewer pixels (a lay-man's analogy). So, to reduce the file size I can reduce the BITRATE to (192/288 = ) 2/3 of it's original size (ie. from 1150 to approx 766kbps). This will keep the video quality the same since the BITRATE PER PIXEL is the same as before.

OR

3. Both the above are crap!

Can anyone clarify this for me please.

Thanks

Minion  2002-05-16 03:17:58 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Actually the bits go where they are needed,very little bits go to encodeing the black borders , some go to creating the picture and some go to the complex part if the picture,so cropping the black off won"t decrease the size of the file very much, and decreasing the bitrate will just decrease the quality...I hope this clears things up a bit....

ASHY  2002-05-16 10:58:21 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion is right. Very little of the bitrate is allocated to the blackborders, so you won't see a marked reduction in filesize.
I always crop out the black borders before I encode, this is just to reduce the enocoding time as there is little point in re-encoding the black borders.

You are also correct that if the bitrate is the same before and after cropping, the file size will remain the same.
Reducing the bitrate will also have detrimental effects on the quality.

If all you are trying to do is reduce the file size while mantaining quality and plan to play the file on your PC only. Then my advice would be to encode your movies to DIVX 5. This will maintain the same quality at smaller file sizes.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - can you get rid of subtitles when encoding for vcd No.21353
webcat  2002-05-16 01:00:48 ( ID:sbo0rixmisg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i just wanted to know if this program can get rid of subtitles when you encode for vcd.this program is awesome i do all my movies to vcd and they work great.if anyone knows how to make the picture sharper when encoding a movie that would be nice to know thanx!

ASHY  2002-05-16 12:14:11 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Subtitles are very hard to remove. You could crop them out with TMPG as the easy way, but you will lose some of the movie.
Here's a page which may help you:
http://216.239.39.100/search?q=cache:XJrYvT4-jIoC:www.animemusicvideos.org/subremoval/+how+to+remove+subtitles&hl=en&ie=UTF8

If you want to make your VCD sharper then double click the 'Sharpen edge' filter under advanced.
If you just want to increase the overall quality then just up the bitrate.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Is my VOB Interlaced A or B or is it Progressive No.21349
ChrisL  2002-05-15 21:55:14 ( ID:sibzjgw9ik2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I ripped a PAL DVD. I am confused about this interlacing stuff.

BitRate Viewer 1.5.043 tells me this about my 5.3Gig VOB:

Num. of picture read: 195950
Stream type: MPEG-2 MP@ML VBR
Resolution: 720*576
Aspect ratio: 16:9 Generic
Framerate: 25.00
Nom. bitrate: 9800000 Bit/Sec
VBV buffer size: 112
Constrained param. flag: No
Chroma format: 4:2:0
DCT precision: 10
Pic. structure: Frame
Field topfirst: Yes<<
DCT type: Frame
Quantscale: Nonlinear
Scan type: Alternate
Frame type: Interlaced<<
Notes:

DVD2AVI 1.76 tells me this:
Aspect Ratio: 16:9
Frame Rate 25.000 fps
Video Type: PAL
Frame Type: Progressive<<
Audio Format DD 3/2 448

TMPEnc 2.54.37.135 tells me this in the advanced tab when I load up the .d2v file:
Video Source Type: Interlace<<
Field order: Bottom field first(field b)<<
Source Apspect Ratio 4:3 625 line PAL 704x576

I get the three possible answers! The big question is "Is my VOB interlaced or not and if it is, is it top field first or bottom?"

Minion  2002-05-15 22:09:52 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Generally speaking all dvd"s are interlaced,but to find out you just have to look at the movie it self..just load your d2v file in tmpgenc and go to the "advanced settings" to "de-interlace" and scan through your movie especialy at high motion parts and look for "interlace "lines, you will know them when you see them ,it will look like there are lines jutting out of the regular outline of the movie,but with dvd2avi ,if you were to make a avi file from your vob files, some codecs have the option of makeing the frames of the movie progressive.....

ASHY  2002-05-15 22:50:22 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry minion, but there are no interlacing artifacts on a PAL source. This only happens on NTSC sources which have 3:2 pull down added.

Actually all DVD's are progressive it's just that pulldown is added to make it an interlaced source.

So both Bitrate viewer and DVD2AVI are right, but it's strange that DVD2AVI has reported progressive if it's a PAL DVD as it usually reports 'Interlaced'

TMPG usually detects whether it's interlaced or not but doesn't usually detect if it's top or bottom field first.

If you want the definitive answer trust Bitrate viewer for your answer as it's usually always right.
This is the real output format.

In any case seeing as you are converting a PAL source these settings won't make much difference to the output and are really only necessary to worry about when converting NTSC sources. (What a joy to live in the PAL world)

ASHY

Minion  2002-05-16 03:10:07 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

sory I didn"t notice that he said pal...

Question - TE25 - Audio missing after conversion No.21348
miron  2002-05-15 21:26:46 ( ID:4z809wawvjl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
I have a clip that once converted to VCD or SVCD is missing the audio in a section of the file. I tried converting straight from the orig. file and also extracting the audio and specifying the wav file as the audio source but both produced the same result. The orig. file is fine. I used only default settings except "noise reduction". please reply offlist to mironmizrahi@yahoo.com

thanks

Question - TE25 - Soundproblems after cutting a MPEG1-file No.21345
Michael Sutherland  2002-05-15 21:23:57 ( ID:g8e5xq8ypig )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi folks,

I¡­ve got a little problem with this cool tool.

I have a 1.300 MB movie, captured with a TV card in Video CD-format:
- Type: MPEG1 -
- Video: 352x288, PAL625, 1.05MBit/sec. -
- Audio: 44.100 Khz, 16 Bit, Stereo -

After I tried to cut the movie into 2 pieces the sound isn¡­t in sync.
Tried different settings in TMPGEnc without any positiv result.
Hope you can help me.

M. S.

Minion  2002-05-15 21:37:04 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

de-multiplex your mpeg file and see if the audio and video file are the same length, and if they are different lengths then that is your problem,then you can use a audio editing program like "cool edit" to stretch of shring you audio file to the exact same length as your video file and then multiplex then back together, then your file should be in sync.This is a common problem with captured files.....

ASHY  2002-05-15 23:36:10 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Another capture problem.
If the original MPEG is in sync then my advice would be to re-multiplex the file and then check for A/V sync. If it's ok then cut it and it should turn out fine.
If it becomes async after multiplexing then I would use BBMPEG to mutiplex the file and use it's A/V delay feature to correct the sync.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Need a proggie that can crop MPEG files.....any suggestions? No.21339
Anon  2002-05-15 20:23:21 ( ID:kfh2kqui2ia )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Any ideas? Preferably, but not necessarily, one which uses a 'Direct Stream' copy of the video so that the video qual is maintained.

Thanks

Minion  2002-05-15 21:42:14 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do you mean by crop, do you mean change the frame size?the only way I know how to is to re-encode your mpeg file to the frame size you want,or you can use "dvd2avi" it has a cropping feature that you can use to make a project file with the new frame size and then you can encode the "d2v" project file in tmpgenc and have the ouput image be the new frame size.But the first sugestion would be faster......

ASHY  2002-05-15 23:59:16 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's impossible to crop an MPEG or any other video file for that matter without re-encoding. Cropping means you are changing the physical characteristics of the file and therefore would need to to re-encode.

I have answered this question in your other post. I don't understand what you are trying to achieve when you say you want to produce an MPEG without black bars without re-encoding.

If all you want to do is convert your VOBs directly to an MPEG2 file without changing it in anyway then check your other post as I have posted a link to VSTRIP which will allow you to do exactly that.

ASHY

Anon  2002-05-16 00:19:37 ( ID:kfh2kqui2ia )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So was this the message you mentioned that was deleted?

Anyway, it is not a VOB that I am trying to play with. It is an MPEG which I have and want to reduce it's size.

I have realised that it was stupid to think it can be done without re-encoding it. So how can I be sure that it is re-encoding using similar settings so as to not reduce it's video quality?

I am using AVI2MPG2/bbMPEG to crop the MPEG file I have, hopefully I can find a way to stop it form crashing (need to play around with cos it worked for a small test file I used, but crashed on the main file).

I'd just like to thank both of you guys (Minion and Ashy) for between you replying to all of my posts.

ASHY  2002-05-16 00:36:48 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well the simple solution is to use TMPG for cropping. TMPG contains all the tools you'll ever need to create high quality MPEGs, you just need to look for them.
BBMPEG won't give you as high a quality encode as TMPG so I'd forget all about using BBMPEG for encoding and cropping.

Open TMPG and click the 'setting' button on the right then under the 'advanced' tab tick 'clip frame' then double click it. Here you will find options to to crop and resize your MPEG.
After cropping you will have to re-encode. If you wan't to keep the quality of the file you need to examine the original file to find out it's details so you can encode to MPEG2 using the same resolution and a reasonable bitrate to keep the quality.

ASHY

Anon  2002-05-16 00:53:44 ( ID:kfh2kqui2ia )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR!!!!

I can't believe I didn't think to double click on the options (or even read where it says to double-click).

Thank you very much for that

Question - TE25 - Retaining aspect ratio No.21338
AlexB  2002-05-15 20:06:52 ( ID:p5m7kguhslf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there a way to convert files, while retaining the accurate aspect ratio of the movie? I did look in the preferences of this software, but did not see anything I could change to make it happen. If any one knows of the way to accomplish this, please post.

Thanks

Question - TE25 - Retaining aspect ratio No.21334
AlexB  2002-05-15 19:41:00 ( ID:p5m7kguhslf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there a way to convert files, while retaining the accurate aspect ratio of the movie? I did look in the preferences of this software, but did not see anything I could change to make it happen. If any one knows of the way to accomplish this, please post.

Thanks

ASHY  2002-05-15 19:51:17 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It depends on the source and the output you wish to view on.

What is your source aspect ratio and what do you intend to view the result on, a 4:3 TV or 16:9 TV

Usually if your source is 16:9 and you intended output is 4:3 TV then you would simply choose 16:9 as your input souce aspect ratio and choose 'Full screen(keep aspect ratio)' as the arrange method and choose 4:3 as the output.

ASHY

AlexB  2002-05-15 20:08:23 ( ID:p5m7kguhslf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you for your help. After testing that is exactly what had happened.
Alex

AlexB  2002-05-15 20:21:36 ( ID:p5m7kguhslf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you for your help. After testing that is exactly what had happened.
Alex

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.