Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 902 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 "an error occurred when audio was decoded" asianhots 2 2002-05-05 08:10:10
Question TE25 Problem when cutting and new Cut/edit tools Marcos 1 2002-05-01 16:10:18
Question TE25 how to keep MPEG File from Peaking hubukai 2 2002-05-01 22:08:47
Question TE25 mpeg2 johnny5 1 2002-05-01 21:29:13
Question TE25 Sound Problem Netscout 1 2002-05-01 15:09:32
Question TE25 Frameserving from VirtualDub doesn't work with 2.5x? dRD 10 2002-05-09 10:35:36
Question TE25 New feature TMPGenc can read VOB!! NewtronX 1 2002-05-01 16:14:33
Question TE25 What do you get from "Plus" / registration Steve Anderson 1 2002-05-01 03:51:34
Question TE25 Block noise in fast scenes Max_it 1 2002-05-01 00:36:57
Question TE25 Resume option? Nafmi 2 2002-04-30 23:58:27
Question TE25 Error multiplexing with Tmpgenc 2.53 Flavio 3 2002-05-01 00:53:30
Question TE25 I want to Add black to the top/bottom of mpeg? kingsley 2 2002-05-01 04:33:33

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 902 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - "an error occurred when audio was decoded" No.20369
asianhots  2002-05-01 14:06:43 ( ID:5aalaaxnkja )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Will someone please help!!!!!!!! when i just began using tmpgenc and when i started to decode an avi file into a mpeg file i get this error saying "an error occurred when audio was decoded" what does this mean?!?! please help!!!!!!!

Steve Anderson  2002-05-01 16:38:37 ( ID:0u2j2/8rvw2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you using 2.53? I used to get this error in 2.53, but it's not happening for me in 2.54.

Steve Anderson

sizzy  2002-05-05 08:10:10 ( ID:ynm/nz9tz1r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i have that problem too... so will 2.54 help then??? i should try that.

Question - TE25 - Problem when cutting and new Cut/edit tools No.20367
Marcos  Home )  2002-05-01 13:57:00 ( ID:4fppg9uvdyr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi there!
I'm having problems when I cut video clips to remove commercials from the shows. There is always a considerable margin of error that cuts off in the wrong place. I'm working around the problem with lots of trial and error. I wonder if this is a bug, if I'm doing something wrong or if this is a limitation with the MPEG2 format.
Also, I've just downloaded release 2.54; I read on the site there is a new cut/edit tool, but I could not find it. The interface looks exactly the same.

Thank you for any help.
Marcos, Brazil.

ASHY  2002-05-01 16:10:18 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Th new tool is located in the 'source range' filter.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - how to keep MPEG File from Peaking No.20364
hubukai  2002-05-01 12:43:15 ( ID:nmlrtxs.nj6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I use TMPGEnc to encode video before burning it to DVD. I encode to 4000k / 224 audio and i am using MyDVD 3.1 to make the dvd, I get the error...
Video Picture size larger than buffer.. apparently the MPEG File is Peaking. can someone help me with this and what TMPGENC Settings to set so this does not happem.

please email to john@hubickey.com

Hataian  2002-05-01 20:01:37 ( ID:eo6ixh3rqra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Did you set buffer size in settings at 0?
Then Tmpgenc adjusts the buffer size automatically.

Minion  2002-05-01 22:08:47 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

there are certain setting that you have to use to get mpeg"s to be recognized as dvd compliant in "mydvd or dvdit" or any "sonic" product,there is a post that tells you how to do it in the support forum for "sonic mydvd or dvdit"...

Question - TE25 - mpeg2 No.20362
johnny5  2002-05-01 10:42:58 ( ID:efggfmglara )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i have install 2.54 but now i cant open svcd(mpeg2), i have istalled an mpeg2 codec but this hasn't worked either. are there any more codecs too try

any help would be gratefull

johnny

Minion  2002-05-01 21:29:13 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

this seems to be a problem with certain mpeg2 files, what usualy works is to de-multiplex the mpeg and then load the two files individualy to "tmpgenc".

Question - TE25 - Sound Problem No.20360
Netscout  2002-05-01 10:19:47 ( ID:s5lnpqn2f6k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello.

I have a divx5 avi file with ac3 sound.
I want to change it to SVCD format.
I load the avi into video source all great.
But when i want to load the same file into audio source i get the error:

File can not open, or unsupported.

Whats that failure?
What cna i do?

Regards Netscout

ASHY  2002-05-01 15:09:32 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

See this article.

Question - audio error No.20276

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Frameserving from VirtualDub doesn't work with 2.5x? No.20349
dRD  2002-05-01 10:02:24 ( ID:k24fqlswccn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I used to use TMPGEnc 12a to encode my clips, but as new versions of TMPGEnc tend to have more cool features, I finally switched to 2.53 couple of days ago. Everything seems to be ok, but one problem I have:

I can't open VirtualDub's frameserve files with TMPGEnc anymore -- not if I name the frameserve file as .vdr nor if I name it as .avi. I've also tried to increase the DirectShow Multimedia Reader's priority as described in various forums, but this doesn't seem to help either.

I use VDub 1.4.9 and TMPGEnc 2.53 now. Any assistance?

Petr@  2002-05-01 13:07:16 ( ID:gispzp7xetl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,
Well I have the same problem with VDub 1.4.10 (build 13870) and TMPGenc 2.53. Also wondering what could be the problem and very eager to get solutions!!!
If anybody knows ..... please respond!!!
Thanks.
Petra

davvan  2002-05-01 14:46:21 ( ID:v2.gq5nozda )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I´ve the same problem and I´m guessing there is more people out there with this problem, so please, help us!

What to do.

/davvan

ASHY  2002-05-01 14:58:48 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go into your TMPG folder and delete this file 'CurrentCfg.tpr'
Next go into Virtualdub folder and double click 'AuxSetup.exe'
In the box which pops up click 'Remove' then click 'uninstall handler' Once uninstalled then click 'Install handler' and exit.

Restart your machine then start the frameserver. When asked to name your file make sure you give it an AVI extension.
Then try and open the file with TMPG.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-05-01 15:55:07 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I should have said delete this file TMPGEnc.ini from the TMPG folder too.

ASHY

Petr@  2002-05-01 18:32:59 ( ID:gispzp7xetl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ASHY
Sorry to say ........... but it did NOT work for me!!! I tried it the moment I saw you answer.
Any other advice??
Thanks.
Petra

Domitian  2002-05-02 10:50:27 ( ID:ezshccxecjn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the same problem
I am using TMPGenc 2.53.35.130 and VirtualDub 1.4.10. build 13870
and I also removed the two files of TMPGEnc, reinstalled the virtualdub handle, rebooted the system, increased the directshow priority and still I get the message "File c:video.avi cannot open, or unsupported."
I am running under XP Pro.

What can we do?

your help is appriciated

Domitian  2002-05-02 11:08:43 ( ID:ezshccxecjn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi!!!!

Its Murphy's Law. When I post a message asking for help the problem is solved.

What is the problem which I think a lot of people have.
When I start the frameserver in virtualdub it comes with the name of the movie. well my movie was called
"Harry Potter And The Sorcerers Stone.CD2.DVL.SoLo.ShareReactor.avi"
which is... yes... toooo long for Tmpegenc
I read the Virtualdub help and it says you could also called it x, which i did
so call the name of the frameserver just: x
call the name of the signpost file: x.avi
open this x.avi in the TMPEGenc and surprise.... it works... (with me)
hope it works for you too... bye

ASHY  2002-05-02 11:31:04 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Theres only one other thing I can suggest.
That is go into your virtualdub folder and in there you will see a folder called aviproxy.
Double click proxyon.reg file then reboot. If this works then make sure you click the proxyoff.reg file when you have finished encoding as it can interfere with other programs.

If you still can't get it to work then I would suggest to just keep trying by installing and removing the handler and try unticking the register vfapi option in TMPG under option. If you play with these options for some reason it eventually works and remember to start the frameserver then wait a good few seconds before starting TMPG.
I usually have a problem getting it to work from a fresh install but this seems to cure it.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-05-02 13:03:48 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

For more info on frameserving with Virtualdub go here :
http://www.vcdhelp.com/virtualdubframeserve.htm

ASHY

Keith  2002-05-09 10:35:36 ( ID:qi9oepql.ej )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I used to have this problem
I find the following means I can always frame serve.

Name the frameserving file in VirtualDub something like 1.vdr Use a letter or number for the prefix rather than a name.
Make sure the DirectShow VFAPI has a priority 2 (under the environmental setting)
THe wizard seems to load the vdr files better.

keith
PS I read somewhere the frameserving was broke in 1.4.10 I still use 1.4.9 as I am using the audiosync modified version of VirtualDub

Question - TE25 - New feature TMPGenc can read VOB!! No.20347
NewtronX  2002-05-01 05:33:52 ( ID:blvxpewgwwm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Dont know if this is a new feature or not but tonight I discoved TMPGenc can read VOB files!! I used DVD Decrypter to RIP from DVD to my hard drive then Opened the main VOB file with TMPGenc using the all files option. I encoded to MPG1, MPG2 and DivX with no problems and might I say the new version is faster or atleast it seamed so!! In Divx 4.12 I encoded at 2000 bitrate 1 pass and MP3 128kb 48khz. It had awsome Video quality and perfect stereo seperation!! One more thing they fixed the video and audio codec selection buttons when saving as AVI now the buttons show up full in windows XP!!!! ~NewtronX

ASHY  2002-05-01 16:14:33 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think you'll find you have an MPEG2 codec installed on your system somewhere.
Stinky's MPEG2 codec by any chance?

ASHY

Question - TE25 - What do you get from "Plus" / registration No.20345
Steve Anderson  2002-05-01 02:10:38 ( ID:0u2j2/8rvw2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi folks,

I want to be a good shareware consumer here and register my product; but to decide whether to do that, it helps to know what's different about the full version. Not only to see if it's worth the money, but also to see if the problems I'm having with the shareware version are fixed by the full version. (If they're not, I'll want to look for another product.)

Does anyone know where I can find a description of the differences between unregistered TMPGEnc, registered TMPGEnc, and TMPGEnc plus? Is the "Plus" version the same as the "Registered" version? Will I be able to make audio files like MP3? I can't seem to find anything on this web site or on the one you order from that describes these differences.

It looks like pretty kick-ass software, but I'm not sure what I'm getting.

Steve Anderson
Minneapolis.

ffast  2002-05-01 03:51:34 ( ID:rq73n1voqvj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://www.pegasys-inc.com/e_release02.html

Question - TE25 - Block noise in fast scenes No.20343
Max_it  2002-05-01 00:03:59 ( ID:xvl/k7rienk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
I'm trying to encode Mini DV video on a svcd using TMPEG. The quality seems very high to me, but there is a block noise on very fast scenes.

After reading some post I realize that is a normal problem for Tmpeg, but I still don't understand how to solve.

I try last version, CQ quality, all options checked in quantize tab but not at all.

ASHY said that "high speed scenes always give blockyness in TMPG which is why I personally don't use TMPG for MPEG2 encoding."
Well, what do you use for that then?

Thanks & regards

ASHY  2002-05-01 00:36:57 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'll just clarify what I meant.
I was refering to the blockiness in fast scenes only when the bitrate is at low enough level so that I can fit the movie on two cd's.

It is perfectly possible to remove all block noise from TMPG encodes by increasing the maximum bitrate and moving the quality slider up (by this Iam referring to the constant quality setting), but this will increase the file size and wont fit on two cd's.
The technique I use involves using TMPG as a frame server to Cinemacraft encoder and then use it encode.

The reason for this is that CCE is a better MPEG2 encoder and can produce better quality movies for the file size compared to TMPG and is faster in the bargain.
The only problem is CCE doesn't allow for resizing or have any filters, this is why I use TMPG to frame serve the settings to CCE.

I always use TMPG for MPEG1 encoding and is by far the best MPEG1 encoder out there. Not even CCE can match it's MPEG1 encoding ability.

I have sent you some templates which should improve things in TMPG.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Resume option? No.20340
Nafmi  2002-04-30 23:32:38 ( ID:evcjzc5fbsm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was wondering does TMPG have a resume option if yes where is it??
If no is there one on the way in future version it would be very very useful for people with a less than stable system as my self...;)

ASHY  2002-04-30 23:38:29 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Check out:
Question - Error in file still usable? No.20303

ASHY

mGuru  2002-04-30 23:58:27 ( ID:ukutrhuhk8j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

well, if you want to pause without rebooting (so you can surf, burn cd's, or other cpu intensive stuff), you can just press STOP and leave the Are you sure? dialog box until you are ready to resume in which you would just press NO. That's the best workaround I have been able to get. However, if you have to reboot then I guess Ashy's adivce is required.

mGuru

Question - TE25 - Error multiplexing with Tmpgenc 2.53 No.20336
Flavio  2002-04-30 23:10:33 ( ID:tdnvfbw3koa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello everyone,

I have a problem multiplexing .m1v and .mp2 files into an .mpg file with Tmpgenc (version 2.53). After multiplexing, I often get the following error: "Warning - xxxx packets cause buffer underflow. Mpeg file may cause error when it played". Does anybody know what this error message means ? The resulting mpeg file seems to play anyway (on the PC), but can I still use it to create a VCD ? Will it work on the VCD player ? Or is there a way to fix the error ? Thanks very much to everybody,

Flavio

ASHY  2002-04-30 23:22:38 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Follow these SIMPLE steps>
Into the search bar type: buffer underflow

Now watch the information flood your way.
Simple wasn't it?

ASHY

Flavio  2002-05-01 00:32:32 ( ID:tdnvfbw3koa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you, you may not believe it, but I hadn't noticed the "Search" button...
Anyway, I did the research and read a lot of info, but could not find any explanation on how to fix the problem. Can I change any parameters for multiplexing ? Or do I have to re-encode the files ? (If it's even possible, because I only have the .m1v and .mp2 files, no original .AVI or .WAV files).
Thanks again,

Flavio

ASHY  2002-05-01 00:53:30 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First of all before you go worrying yourself about buffer underflows, burn the movie first and try it in your player. Theres a good chance it won't affect it at all.

If it does affect the movie, such as the movie stutters or freezes then post back and I'll give you some tips.

You didn't look to hard when you searched I found one of my old posts right away.
Look at this article:
Question - VBV buffer explained. No.19674
http://www.tmpgenc.net/cgi-bin/ebbs/board.cgi?board=tmpgenc&page=9

ASHY

Question - TE25 - I want to Add black to the top/bottom of mpeg? No.20333
kingsley  2002-04-30 22:36:24 ( ID:0dppykrwfmg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've been using Dazzle to capture mpeg-1, and some are from video tape that have been dubbed once too often, as there are unstable squiggles on the top and bottom of the picture.

Can I add black bar on the top and bottom to cover over the picture in post-processing with TMPGEnc?

Or zoom in slightly, or another solution from somebody?

As I say these are the tools I now use, I understand if I had a different capture card I can arrange this at the time of capture with Virtual Dub, but that is in the future a little later this year.

I've been using TMPGEnc a lot as I capture high bitrate and make a copy for strict VCD requirements, but there are some tabs I don't understand.

Thanks for reading.
kingsley

ASHY  2002-04-30 22:44:46 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Quite simple.
Open TMPG and click the 'setting' button. Click the advanced tab then choose 'clip frame' in the filter options. Find a suitable place in your movie with the slider then use the boxes below it to clip your movie.
When clipping the top and the bottom don't tick the 'Resized image is used to display preview' option.
When clipping left and right then enable this option to see how your final movie will look.

ASHY

kingsley  2002-05-01 04:33:33 ( ID:7ufls9mdvof )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Truly very simple.
Worked great.Solved my problem.

Thank you Ashy!

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.