Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 903 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 An error occured when writing to avi file JJCross 0 2002-04-30 22:04:21
Question TE25 An error occured when writing to avi file JJCross 0 2002-04-30 22:01:01
Question TE25 no sound robert weigel 3 2002-05-02 11:35:04
Question TE25 "An error occurred when audio was decoded" Steve Anderson 12 2002-05-03 00:06:39
Question TE25 Sound fine but black screen - help me please! Lars79 1 2002-05-03 19:51:50
Question TE25 Missing .dll steve083 1 2002-04-30 22:46:24
Question TE25 Illegal Floating Decimal Point Calculation Order WickedBitca 3 2002-05-03 12:35:44
Question TE25 Error in file still usable? kathykatt 2 2002-04-30 23:37:02
Question TE25 Will TMpgEnc work with ac3 audio codec ??? Rob 3 2002-04-30 23:46:17
Question TE25 superfreak crazylegs 1 2002-04-30 22:57:48
Question TE25 DVD ripping speed VeloBorg 3 2002-05-02 12:21:00
Question TE25 DVD ripping speed VeloBorg 0 2002-04-30 18:02:36

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 903 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - An error occured when writing to avi file No.20332
JJCross  2002-04-30 22:04:21 ( ID:txul0mikr/f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been converting MPEG files into avi to work on them in Premire. This has been working fine for me. When trying to do this on one of these files I get the above error. Any ideas?

Question - TE25 - An error occured when writing to avi file No.20331
JJCross  2002-04-30 22:01:01 ( ID:txul0mikr/f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been converting MPEG files into avi to work on them in Premire. This has been working fine for me. When trying to do this on one of these files I get the above error. Any ideas?

Question - TE25 - no sound No.20327
robert weigel  2002-04-30 21:44:14 ( ID:uwtsguxknt2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

help all i want to do is take the movie i ripped to my hard drive than convered to an avi with easydivx and burn it to my dvd burner. i used ths program tmpgenc the wizard came up i picked 4.7 gig dvd chose my avi file left audio file blank because its inside the avi file.and 3-hr later got mpeg file with no sound. how do i get sound with the wizard? i want to make a dvd. thanks........

ASHY  2002-04-30 22:34:16 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your sound problem is due to the fact that you didn't put any thing in the audio field.

It doesn't matter if the audio is already in the avi. You must put the avi in both the Video and Audio boxes. If TMPG didn't load it automatically then the audio in your Avi is probably not compatible for some reason with TMPG (may be ac3)
Try to load the avi again and make sure the audio box is filled with the avi this time.
If it wont allow you to open the avi in the Audio box you will have to extract it to a wav and use that as the audio source.

ASHY

norman  Home )  2002-05-02 07:04:51 ( ID:myqtczwqof. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hello,
the same ocurred to me, i converted an avi file to mpg for vcd and there is no sound on the encoded version. later i checked if the audiofile was loaded automatically or not, it was! then i started to go the way through again, used the project wizard, checked for source range, while determining the range i had checked for "display audio" and guess what: there was no sign of any audio signal the whole lengh of the movie through. but the avi has sound. i can play it in wmp or divx playa and hear sound, in tmpgenc it just seems to be not there.
can anyone help ?
thank you

kind regards
norman

ASHY  2002-05-02 11:35:04 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Only one way around it.
Extract your audio to a wav file with virtualdub and use that as your audio in TMPG.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - "An error occurred when audio was decoded" No.20314
Steve Anderson  2002-04-30 20:18:14 ( ID:0u2j2/8rvw2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi there, I'm new to TMPG Encoder.

I've been recording AVI files from video capture using the "MGI VideoWave 4" software that comes with the Dazzle DVC-80. The AVI files look and sound good when I play them back.

When I try to encode them, even small ones (a minute long), it does 99% of the encoding, then comes up with "An error occurred when audio was decoded.". When I play back, I get audio ok, but there's occasional distortion and it's not at all synched with the video.

Why does it say "audio was decoded"? Is my AVI file encoded somehow? (I had thought AVI was raw and not encoded - certainly the file sizes are very large.)

ASHY  2002-04-30 22:38:13 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

All media files are encoded in some way be it raw avi or raw audio or otherwise.
I think you are getting confused with compression.

Try to extract your audio to a wav file with Virtualdub and load that into TMPG as the audio.

ASHY

Steve Anderson  2002-05-01 01:20:36 ( ID:0u2j2/8rvw2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yep, I definitely was getting those two mixed up (encoding & compression).

So I tried downloading the latest version (2.54 - I had been using 2.53). This didn't have the error, but the result was the same - the video and audio are out of synch. I tried a separate audio file (a .wav) as you suggested, but that didn't help.

The audio actually sounds fine, I think I might be missing a bunch of frames on the video. I know that when the capture occurred it said it was dropping a few frames. But the AVI played fine (in, for instance, Windows Media Player). Is WMP filling in by repeating frames, and the compression simply omitting them?

ASHY  2002-05-01 02:08:05 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If the audio is in sync with the original avi then it should be possible to sync the MPEG.
Is the audio not in sync the same all the way through the movie or does start off ok and then desync later on?

Your desynchronization is probably due to your dropping frames or a few may have become corrupted. MPEGS aren't as forgiving as AVI where sync is concerned and are more susceptible to corrupt frames.

Run the avi through the latest virtualdub to scan for bad frames.
I also want you to find out the lengths of the Video and the audio of AVI file separately
Post back the results.

My advice to you is to capture to a compression format such as Divx 4.12 or 5 at the highest quality setting if you have a decent processor.

Your dropped frames are likely due to your hard drive not being able to keep up with the data flow.
Uncompressed avi is very hard to capture without dropping frames.

ASHY

Steve Anderson  2002-05-01 02:22:56 ( ID:0u2j2/8rvw2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The dropped frames are mostly at the beginning, and the audio is therefore behind the video for most of the segment.

Hey, VirtualDub didn't detect any "bad frames", but loading and saving the AVI in VirtualDub, then using that output for TMPGEnc, produced a synchronized MPEG! So the problem's basically solved... Not a nice solution, though, since it means I'll need room on my drive for 2 AVI versions of whatever I want to encode... I need better capture software, I guess.

I have a good processor (Athlon 1700), and a nice RAID-0 set of drives on a Soyo DragonPlus motherboard, so my hardware should be up to this.

For capture, I've got an ATI Radeon All-in-Wonder, but the software that came with it was giving me lots of pain. All my captures had mild audio static. I tried capturing directly with VirtualDub, but apparently the Radeon doesn't support Windows video capture format. Then I tried a simple Dazzle DVC-80 that plugs into a USB port. It does pretty AVI captures, but apparently they're missing frames in this non-friendly format.

I've been trying to get a nice VCD capture setup going for a couple months (off and on), it's been very confusing.

Steve Anderson  2002-05-01 02:23:48 ( ID:0u2j2/8rvw2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

By the way, thanks for all your incredible help and advice, ASHY.

ASHY  2002-05-01 02:57:33 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

To get around the problem of having two large AVI files on your drive, if thats the way you want to do it, just load your avi into Virtualdub and frameserve to TMPG. This will be the same as creating another file, but without the quality loss or the extra space required and was going to be my next suggestion, but you found your own rounabout way of doing it.
Well done.
For more info on frameseving using Virtualdub check out http://ww.vcdhelp.com

ASHY

Steve Anderson  2002-05-01 16:45:20 ( ID:0u2j2/8rvw2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, I've finally figured out how to do a decent AVI capture - I use my ATI hardware with the MGI VideoWave 4 software that came with the other hardware, and I'm no longer losing frames. I'm trying to convert my old beta videotape collection to VCD in anticipation of my beta machine someday dying.

One thing I tried was an episode of "Doctor Who". The opening credit music is noticably more "screechy" in the MPEG output than in the AVI input. All my other problems are gone - everything's synched up and the video is as good as any 352x240 MPEG I've seen. But the sound is really annoying. It's sharper in the program as well, but it's really bad during the opening credits.

So, is this likely to be an underlying problem in the source AVI, like the video problem was, or is this some other conversion issue? Would it help to separate out the sound as a .wav? If so, why would doing that help?

Steve Anderson  2002-05-01 17:56:37 ( ID:0u2j2/8rvw2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hmm, the problem seems to lie in converting the audio stream, whether in TMPGEnc or in VirtualDub. Apparently my AVI audio is 16,000 Hz, and converting that to 44,100 Hz makes it sound buzzy.

I followed the instructions at VCDHelp for converting the audio stream to 44,100 and the resulting WAV sounds bad too. Is there a safe way to do this conversion, or do I need to go back to the capture tool and recapture with better sound?

ASHY  2002-05-02 11:51:19 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Firstly I would start capturing at 44100 for your audio, and choose mono as I guess this is what the source is, otherwise the quality will be terrible.

Yes your right the problem is the samplerate conversion.
TMPG's samplerate converter isn't too good.
A better option would be to load your avi into Virtualdub and extract the
audio to a wav. Choose full processing mode under 'Audio' and click 'conversion' then change the samplerate to 44100 and make sure you tick the 'high quality' box then click 'File' and choose 'save wav'from the menu.
Use the wav file that is created as your audio in TMPG.

ASHY

Steve Anderson  2002-05-02 16:41:40 ( ID:0u2j2/8rvw2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yeah, that does it! I did everything right except for checking the "High Quality" box, which I hadn't noticed. And good point about the mono sound, no sense wasting bandwidth on a second track for a mono tv show.

I'll have to do some more playing around to get my system to capture in 44.1kHz.

Thanks, again, ASHY!

Ashy  2002-05-03 00:04:00 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If youv'e got a Windows 2000/xp system then check out this excellant capture software.
It's the best I've ever used. It's a bit tricky at first, but you soon get the hang of it.
http://www.iulab.com/index.shtm?iuvcr/about

ASHY

Ashy  2002-05-03 00:06:39 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There are also some drivers on the site which may work with your card.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Sound fine but black screen - help me please! No.20312
Lars79  2002-04-30 20:05:52 ( ID:t.pdb7megpj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After converting serveral Avi (DivX) Files to mpg I got with all the same problem.
The sound seems to be fine, but the screen stays black from the beginning (during converting and later on my DVD Player or also in WinDVD).

I read that there seems to be a problem with DivX 5, is that the point?

dadi  2002-05-03 19:51:50 ( ID:snzq9a14sim )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i can understand your frastration it took me almost a week to solve this problem, (i copy the answer from anther quastion on this web page)
Go to OPTIONS -> Enviromental setting -> VFLAPI Plug-in...and then Right click on where it says "Direct show file reader" or "avi vfw compatibility reader" and it will give you an option to raise the preference of it.....I have it up to "3" and It displays the preview...and its the same thing with sound.

good luck

Question - TE25 - Missing .dll No.20310
steve083  2002-04-30 19:58:45 ( ID:pdn2tlwjnva )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried choosing an mpeg as my video source and it said I had missing .dll files. Anyone had any problems with this?

Steve

ASHY  2002-04-30 22:46:24 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If it's the P3Package.dll or whatever just download TMPG again from a different source.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Illegal Floating Decimal Point Calculation Order No.20306
WickedBitca  2002-04-30 19:25:44 ( ID:0kdfjwbxnoo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have tried twice to convert a certain avi file to mpeg. It has stopped at 89% both times. I received an error message of Illegal floating decimal point calculation order. Can someone translate that error message to English for me. Just joking. I'm not a computer guru as you can tell. Help, please.

Rachel, aka WickedBitca

kingsley  2002-05-01 19:32:57 ( ID:0dppykrwfmg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You might be asked what the details are of the input file and your output selections in TMPGEnc, and your PC info (processor type/speed, windows version, and memory, and how big your output file is getting in Gigs - defrag the drive and have plenty of room available?).
What is the title of the box that gives the error display?

k

Minion  2002-05-01 21:52:31 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If it happens at the same spot every time then it is corrupted frames in your avi file,to get around this you will have to disable the "floating point" encodeing system, do this by go to your "cpu" tab in "enviromental settings" and un-tick all the boxes, then go to the "quantize matrix" tab in the "settings" and un-tick everything there. this will solve your problem but it will take a lot longer to encode.What would be easier is to use the source range and encode the last part that you didn"t get and then join the two parts with the "merge& cut" feature in "mpeg tools".......

nick  2002-05-03 12:35:44 ( ID:ujv2ebjxawc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i have started getting this same message at 0% when i try and open ANY file (AVI, MPG, MOV). I will try tinkering the Quantise Matrix but if anyone can - Help! I am using a Pentium3 @800mhz and 512Mb RAM and it used to work fine. The same files work on other, lesser machines... Help!

Question - TE25 - Error in file still usable? No.20303
kathykatt  2002-04-30 19:21:04 ( ID:grnxffocua6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After an error while creating an mpeg, is it possible to begin again where the last try left off? I was at 96% and it takes me a couple hours to make an mpeg out of an avi. If I can start where I left off, or can't please help.
'kathleen

ASHY  2002-04-30 23:35:43 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Load your MPEG movie into TMPG then click File>preview.
Move the slider to the very end, just to be sure click the arrow a few times then note the frame count in the top left.
Then load your avi again and click setting>advanced and tick the source range filter then double click it.
In this box type in the frame count into the 'start frame' box then click 'move to start frame' and then 'set start frame'.
Move the slider to the end of the movie and repeat the above steps to set the end frame of the movie then encode.

Finally merge the two together by using MERGE&CUT in MPEGtools and adding your files making sure the beginning of the movie is first in the list to give you a full movie.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-04-30 23:37:02 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

One other point click the 'correct' button before merging otherwise you may get a squeak were the files are joined.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Will TMpgEnc work with ac3 audio codec ??? No.20299
Rob  2002-04-30 18:55:01 ( ID:gv6pi9eprr6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have multiple episodes of Stargate SG-1 in DivX avi format, however - they require the ac3 audio codec. I would like to convert these avi's into VCD's, but TMpgEnc will not recognise the ac3 audio in the avi file.

Am I stuck with these episodes in avi format, or is there some workaround ???

Thanks,
Rob

ASHY  2002-04-30 22:50:28 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I wish people would get off their lazy asses and search on this board before posting.
I'm getting fed up of replying to the same thing over and over and over again.

For the last time see this article rgarding your problem:
Question - audio error No.20276

ASHY

ASHY  2002-04-30 23:42:24 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well..it's flaming annoying that people clog up this board with the same question thats been answered a 1000 times already just because they are to damn lazy to search first.

Apologies, just venting my frustration.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-04-30 23:46:17 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Oh by the way Techno I know that is you and you are still using this board under a different name.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - superfreak No.20297
crazylegs  2002-04-30 18:49:44 ( ID:fmxo941ltff )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK guys i need you all to help me with TMPGEnc settings to get the best possible picture quality from a conversion of a divx-avi file to an MPEG 1 or 2 format! The mpeg files will NOT be stored on a cd! They will be stored on a hard drive so i wont need to worry about file size! These files will be played on a tv so i have to get the best possible picture from them........

please help...... I could not find any info.....

ASHY  2002-04-30 22:57:48 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm not being funny about this, but what you are suggesting is totally pointless.

What is the point of converting from a perfectly good AVI to an MPEG file which will just give you a larger file and no increase whatsoever in image quality if you are just going to store it on the hard drive???
Sort of defeats the purpose doesn't it?

Confused...
ASHY

Question - TE25 - DVD ripping speed No.20293
VeloBorg  2002-04-30 18:29:00 ( ID:oiqutcgiync )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there a way to increase the "DVD-speed" in Smart Ripper 2.41?
on one machine (P3-700mhz) I get 3.5 + on the speed
on my home (Athlon 1.4ghz) I get 2.0 or below...
yes, DMA is turned on...
-Don

ASHY  2002-04-30 23:08:25 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How fast you can rip depends on you DVD drive and how fast your hardrive is.
First make sure you aspi layer is up to date.
Don't go with ASPI 4.7 as I find it has problems with some software stick with ASPI 4.6 as smart ripper is optimized for this.
You say DMA is turned on. Is it enabled for both hard drive and the DVD drive?
Another important one is make sure your DVD drive is set as a primary drive not a slave.
And last but not least disable the S.M.A.R.T. feature in your bios for your hard drive.

With these settings my Pioneer 10x DVD drive went from a maximum rip speed of 6 to a maximum of 9.2x!

ASHY

veloborg  2002-05-01 23:39:59 ( ID:k6ontxsv63o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ashy, how would I check the aspi version?
both my CD drives run off the same IDE cable, so one is a slave, one is a master... but how would you know that without cracking open the case?
I've updated to Nero's aspi drivers...and that helped a little.
I'm using a 1.4gig athlon and a 122gig maxtor drive with a 16x dVD.
I still only get about 4 on the dvd drive speed.
hhmmmmmm.....

ASHY  2002-05-02 12:21:00 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Download these adaptec drivers and follow the instructions inside. If you can.
Remove the Nero aspi drivers first.

http://www.cyrus.troy.btinternet.co.uk/downloads/frcASPI17.zip
http://www.cyrus.troy.btinternet.co.uk/downloads/aspichk.exe

You can check which drive is on which IDE channel when your PC boots up. Just look at the configuration settings screen when you boot and here will be a list of devices your cdrom devices will be listed and should say either primary or slave. To stop the screen so you can look just press the 'Pause' button then press enter to resume.
And just to repeat, make sure the SMART feature is off. This will speed things up.
Also don't have any packet writing software installed.
Disable your antivirus software.
If you have Nero installed, uninstall Easy cd creator if you have it installed as these two programs conflict.

What operating sytem are you using and what is the model of your DVD drive. Is it a Toshiba by any chance?

ASHY

Question - TE25 - DVD ripping speed No.20292
VeloBorg  2002-04-30 18:02:36 ( ID:oiqutcgiync )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there a way to increase the "DVD-speed" in Smart Ripper 2.41?
on one machine (P3-700mhz) I get 3.5 + on the speed
on my home (Athlon 1.4ghz) I get 2.0 or below...
yes, DMA is turned on...
-Don

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.