Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 980 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 mpeg2 probelms NewbieDirk 4 2002-03-22 20:52:23
Question TE25 QT .mov to mpg freezes up, is it VFAPI plugin prob? trenton 5 2002-03-29 23:45:56
Question TE25 error in de-multiplexing sam 0 2002-03-22 07:03:02
Question TE25 anime DVD rip with subtitles drew 2 2002-03-22 13:50:22
Question TE25 To Techno Re; SVCD @ DVD quality tvgm18 19 2002-03-29 12:49:15
Question TE25 TMPGENC not responding when encode (1 sec in) XP coultard1 0 2002-03-22 05:31:14
Bug report TE25 TMPEGenc stops reading new frames from captured AVI MajorDidge 3 2002-03-24 23:32:03
Question TE25 TMPGENC not responding when encode (1 sec in) XP coultard1 1 2002-03-22 18:10:20
Question TE25 video hangs ShadowMoon 0 2002-03-22 04:46:37
Question TE25 poxel blocks Daniel 3 2002-03-22 20:51:59
Bug report TE25 source range set outside Wizard has no effect Alex 0 2002-03-22 03:02:35
Question TE25 divx-clix to mpeg1 dvdman 0 2002-03-22 02:28:20

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 980 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - mpeg2 probelms No.17121
NewbieDirk  2002-03-22 11:22:27 ( ID:k3b/retiqrr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok here's my problem: I've installed WinDVD and Nimo Codec Pack 4.4.
In WinDVD i am able to view MPG2 files. But Windows Media Player and
TMPGEnc won't recognize them. In WMP the following error occurs:
"Class isn't registered"
I tried many different mpeg2 codecs and dvd players... always the
same problems.
There's only one Codec that works: Elecard Mpeg2 Codec.
But i don't want the Elecard symbol in the upper right corner of
my movies. A big Thank goes to Techno. He tried to help me but without
success. Perhaps anyone else can help me ?

Thanx
Dirk

Ashy  2002-03-22 12:40:22 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Did you remove the Elecard crap before you tried to install the other codecs.
If you don't remove the Elecard codec first the others won't register.
Remove any other MPEG2 codecs first too (there is usually an Unregister.bat file with the codec you installed). Also uninstall any software DVD players you have installed then reboot your machine and re-install WINDVD.
This should allow you too open Mpeg2 files in media player.
If you need an MPEG2 codec for TMPG then go here:
http://www.vcdhelp.com/download/m2v_vfp-0.4.6.zip

Just extract the files and place them in your TMPGenc folder.

Techno  Home )  2002-03-22 18:05:25 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, he has removed it.

What to do is to make sure that the DVDaudio.ax and DVDVideo.ex are registered in the registry, if not, email me so I can make a program which will do it for you.

Thanks

Techno

Ashy  2002-03-22 20:21:00 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If those filters you mention are the FreeDVD filters then these filters will not work for SVCD MPEG2.
These filters are for decoding Mpeg2 and AC3 encrypted video and audio only.
Stinkys Mpeg2 codec will work but wont give correct aspect ratio in windows media player.
In anycase why the need to play MPEG2 through media player when you have WinDVD?

Techno  Home )  2002-03-22 20:52:23 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No, they are NOT freeDVD filters ashly

Techno

Question - TE25 - QT .mov to mpg freezes up, is it VFAPI plugin prob? No.17115
trenton  2002-03-22 07:14:23 ( ID:tragbhpu2yh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to encode a Quicktime .mov file into VCD format, but it freezes up at 6% each time i do it. The file that is made plays the first 6% fine, but i am wondering how to get it to finish the entire video. I am wondering if it is a problem with my VFAPI plugin, if i should get a better one, or what. I have tried two plugins, both giving the exact same result, but they might be the same file with different names. Please help!

Trent

Techno  Home )  2002-03-22 18:09:46 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Download the Quicktime plugin

www.vcdhelp.com

Techno

trenton  2002-03-23 03:17:49 ( ID:tragbhpu2yh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

that is the one i was using, QTReader.vfp, and i also tried another one i found on a french website called qt.vfp. Both gave the same result.

Techno  Home )  2002-03-23 09:31:25 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hmmmm, What OS u running?

Techno

trenton  2002-03-26 04:18:08 ( ID:tragbhpu2yh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Win 98 on PIII 866 with 128 megs of RAM, all other encoding works fine.

leadbiscuit  2002-03-29 23:45:56 ( ID:5zzojdme/hk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the same problem...but only when using Very High Quality. I would also like to know why this is happening.
Thanks,
John Reda

Question - TE25 - error in de-multiplexing No.17114
sam  2002-03-22 07:03:02 ( ID:sm9fvcxdny2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

i've recently captured a mpeg-1 video with 29.97 fps and i wanted to change its audio channel from stereo into mono. so i De-multiplexed the mpeg file using TMPGEnc. it was a 29 mins mpeg but the De-multiplexed video stream is now 24 mins! which means the video is faster than the original. any comments?

Question - TE25 - anime DVD rip with subtitles No.17111
drew  2002-03-22 06:58:42 ( ID:bqlr4cqqvek )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to know how to rip region 0 anime DVDs that have both dubed and subtitled dialogue. I want the japanese voice and the subtitles in the resulting VCD compliant files. Is this even possible?

M.Bastian  2002-03-22 13:32:15 ( ID:vljrcsq3gdr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I cant remeber at the moment if its possible with non SVCD's but have a look at
http://www.vcdhelp.com
Great infos there

cheers

M.Bastian

M.Bastian  2002-03-22 13:50:22 ( ID:vljrcsq3gdr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I cant remeber at the moment if its possible with non SVCD's but have a look at
http://www.vcdhelp.com
Great infos there

cheers

M.Bastian

Question - TE25 - To Techno Re; SVCD @ DVD quality No.17091
tvgm18  2002-03-22 05:43:59 ( ID:jmo6afxmbd. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What about if I wanna encode at DVD quality in NTSC? Is PAL better? What should I do?

tvgm18  2002-03-22 06:10:01 ( ID:jmo6afxmbd. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried doing it at both the DVD resolution 704 x 480 and the res. at you suggested in PAL at 720 x 576. It was still grainy. What filters do you use? Are they the standard ones for TMPGEnc? Let me know what to do.

Techno  Home )  2002-03-22 08:05:55 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

email me and I will send u the filters that I use!

The reason I use PAL is because I live in the UK! But I use NTSC too using 720*576

Techno

lurker  2002-03-22 10:33:38 ( ID:vljrcsq3gdr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

post your **** config here or let us alone.
Sorry to be so frank but i cant stand this 'Im the King and i know it' behaviour any longer. Either give us the info without this mail only nonsense or be considered a loudmouth.

When you want to encode a DVD to SVCD forget about filters. If you want to encode a low quality source to near DVD quality ... forget it. Crap in crap out.

Anonymous  2002-03-22 11:07:06 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hear hear.
It's about time somebody posted something like that.
I'm pretty fed up with the 'I know it all' attitude on this board of some people too and that isn't just aimed at Techno.
Look Kid your a clever lad (so you say). I've been to your website and looked at some of your stuff, but just remember what works for you doesn't necessarily work for everyone and to be honest some of your methods are just down right stupid. Some of your advice is good and even though you have been in the encoding game for 2 years it doesn't mean your ARE an expert.
I also have a lot of time in this field and try to help people out where I can, but I know that not every bit of advice I give will suit everybody.
Thats why we have boards like this, so people can get replies from more than one person and then use ALL these replies to come up with a solution.
Basically what Iam trying to say is the advice you give should be for everyone to see because this helps other people with a similar problem and it gives other people the chance to add their input to whatever reply you give to help that person reach a solution.
Remember nobody likes a 'smart arse'.

M.Bastian  2002-03-22 13:46:35 ( ID:vljrcsq3gdr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I generaly stick with the format the source has if I can. Conversion can be a bit tricky and my Yamakawa 715 can convert NTSC to PAL and vice versa anyway.
There should be no difference in quality. I once fooled around a bit with inverse telecine(NTSC 29 fps to NTSC 23 fps)which saves quite a bit of space.

cheers

M.Bastian

Techno  Home )  2002-03-22 18:04:18 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

GROW UP PEOPLE!

I did not say "I know it all" No, it is not crap in crap out all the time. I have proof, tons of it.

Many people seen my work and r impressed.

Yes, u do not MPEG2 filters

GROW UP

Techno  Home )  2002-03-22 18:08:16 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OH, and the thread was for me only, for people who think they are not A BIG HEAD unlike some people out there, not me

Techno

Techno  Home )  2002-03-22 18:12:23 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

YES, u DO NEED MPEG2 filters if encoding to MPEG2, shows how much u people know.

Techno

Anonymous  2002-03-22 19:52:17 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Don't behave like a spoilt brat Techno. This board is for eveyones use and isn't your own personal playground whether the thread was addressed to you or not.
Maybe it is the fault of the poster because if the post was personally for you only then it should have been emailed to you rather than posted here.
Making silly statements like that will only re-enforce peoples opinions of you and will further lend those opins to your bighead status. Now Iam not saying you are a big head, but don't use undertones in your posts which are meant to undermine the expertise of other people.
The Iam right and your wrong attitude you seem to have is only going to alienate you from this board even though for the most part you are trying to be helpful.
So just remember, and this is not meant in an offensive way, that there is always someone better than ourselves and there are most certainly people on this board who outshine you.

Now who should grow up.

Techno  Home )  2002-03-22 20:52:43 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I can report u to the autherotise

Techno

Techno  Home )  2002-03-22 21:02:11 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Listen, I am not a bighead.

U r

fyi, many people like the way I work, they would like the CORRECT software, I am supplying it.

I have load of people emailing me for things they need help with, I have helped them, more than what u r doing currently

Techno

dixlon  2002-03-22 21:33:52 ( ID:sso2ntvrljr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Techno's new mpeg2 filters do work and has made a world of difference in
my encoding

dixlon

M.Bastian  2002-03-22 22:32:55 ( ID:lh1udvptj1c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I dont care as they work or not as long as he wants to get mailed for em.
This is an Forum where people meet to exchange tips, solve problems and find new ways to get the best out of an awesome programm.
The way Techno is behaving isnt right.

Whatever, consider youself and every thread you post in ignored. I heared youre an 15 years old kid ... well maybe in 10 years or so you will understand what you have done wrong.

Just to make it clear once again. I dont say Technos claims are wrong and ignorimg him for that BUT I ingore hime for his bigheadismn and unwillingless to post hard data/facts.

Techno  Home )  2002-03-23 09:08:39 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

REALLY? well I can't upload the files here, can I?

IF so, let me know,

This does solve the problem, many people admire and respect me for HELPING

Techno  Home )  2002-03-23 09:16:36 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

u can think what u like, ur not helping, u love making stuff up about people.

Think and do what u like, this is suppose to be a forum, so stop spamming

in future, do not read any of my posts if u r going to do this.

Techno  Home )  2002-03-23 10:09:09 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

U R AN AGEIST! I am going to report u. Be warned.
People like u shouldn't be on these forums abusing people.
It seems as if ur the one acting like a 5 year old.

Nick  2002-03-23 11:57:07 ( ID:jjuoli2e8m. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hello people, this all seems a bit unfair on techno, who as far as i can see is offering free his time and effort to correct everybody's problems in this dvd-svcd scene. He helped me convert my dvd rip from avi to mpeg 2vcds last night, and it is good that he is bothering. oh yeah and one final thing, the 'anonymous' geezer is obviously a bit of a nonce because he is not leaving his name, is he that pussy??? or maybe anonymous is m bastien.... hmmmmmm

OneZero  2002-03-23 13:16:54 ( ID:254as5c5fjj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm wryting from Italy, so excuse me for my bad english...
I've just read all the question and I can say that Techno is one of the most brillant minds about econding. He has a natural talent to encode videos.
Here in Italy his method (suggested from him) is used not only by me, but also by many others people that appreciate a lot all suggestions, solutions, and filters provided by him.
So I suggest to you all, to join strength to do something better, because two mind are better than one... So stop please to do questions about the age of one or of the other, forget these questions and join to do the definitive best solution that could give to the encoding world a tool to do it!
I suppose that all you, programmers, are intelligent and good persons, so smooth the incomprehensions and works together, without thinking "my method is the best".
Free and democratic cooperation is the fuel of best programs!
Bye to all!!!

Shape Shifter DMP  2002-03-29 12:49:15 ( ID:8sfbk5tczin )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

To all of you out there, In this world of I've mine who cares about you, a true valuble source of information is hard to come by and worth its weight. TECHNO don't let them ruffle your feathers!! there a lot of out here who could'nt make it happen with out you and everyone else who lends good advice to this site.

Question - TE25 - TMPGENC not responding when encode (1 sec in) XP No.17090
coultard1  2002-03-22 05:31:14 ( ID:tet0osntc3r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have downloaded that latest version of the software and i was trying to convert some .asf to mpg 1. When I press start in goes to one second then it just stops responding. There is no error message so i don't know what i happneing

I was able to do .wmv files previous to this but no asf ones
i tried to do a log of the encode but don't know what i;m looking for in there

what is the reason this is happening????????

Bug report - TE25 - TMPEGenc stops reading new frames from captured AVI No.17086
MajorDidge  2002-03-22 05:24:55 ( ID:wtff6c3jyyc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to compress about an hour of raw AVI generated by my TV Cature card. It starts processing happily, but after about 10 minutes it just repeats encoding the same frame to the end of the file. It appears to continue 'reading' the input file but does not 'receieve' any new frames and just encodes the same frame again and again until it gets to the end of the input. The input file plays thru to the end without a problem using the media player.

CrocoStimpy  2002-03-23 00:13:07 ( ID:t1jaxgdg/jo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yep. Same thing happens to me, sometimes. I posted about it a few days ago. My big problem now is that I am running a 32 hour render and it dies 3 hours from finishing.

Ashy  2002-03-24 16:30:52 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPG will only accept files up to a 4GB limit. If you need to compress a file bigger than this then I suggest you use Virtualdub to frameserve the file to Tmpgenc.
Note: It's not a good idea creating uncompressed AVI fue to the file size limits. Use a lossless codec instead such as huffyuv codec.

MajorDidge  2002-03-24 23:32:03 ( ID:wtff6c3jyyc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK, I see. So next question: how do i do a 2 Pass VBR encoding of a frameserved source file?. Does the frameserver have the smarts to rewind and serve from the start after the first pass?

Question - TE25 - TMPGENC not responding when encode (1 sec in) XP No.17084
coultard1  2002-03-22 05:14:02 ( ID:tet0osntc3r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have downloaded that latest version of the software and i was trying to convert some .asf to mpg 1. When I press start in goes to one second then it just stops responding. There is no error message so i don't know what i happneing

I was able to do .wmv files previous to this but no asf ones
i tried to do a log of the encode but don't know what i;m looking for in there

what is the reason this is happening????????

Techno  Home )  2002-03-22 18:10:20 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ASF files are not supported by TMPGENC

Techno

Question - TE25 - video hangs No.17083
ShadowMoon  2002-03-22 04:46:37 ( ID:.iu2xtwv3b. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok I saw the answer somewhere here before But I have movie files that hang up after encoding...I saw someone post a link to a file that fixes these hanging up vids but I cannot find it..any help is Greatly Appreicated..

Question - TE25 - poxel blocks No.17079
Daniel  2002-03-22 03:36:25 ( ID:fexeuegxij2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am having problems with coverting files to a VCD...The pixels are large and blocked it makes the picture flicker as the pixels move. Does this make any sense to anyone or am a complete newbie?

Techno  Home )  2002-03-22 18:09:16 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yeh, it does. Email me so I can tell u what to do. I do not want people insulting my solution THAT DO WORK!

Techno

Anonymous  2002-03-22 20:07:19 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Techno your solution will not be insulted if you just respect the advice others give.
Like I said everyone has there own solution and not any one solution is the final end. It is up to the receiver of these solutions to decide which is best for him not you.

Techno  Home )  2002-03-22 20:51:59 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I know that for crying out loud.

Techno

Bug report - TE25 - source range set outside Wizard has no effect No.17078
Alex  2002-03-22 03:02:35 ( ID:lrmxvzcpn3j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In trying to convert a 114 minute video to two VCDs, I must convert half of the video twice. The first half works fine; I set the source range from frame 0 to 107374.

For the second half, I set the source range from frame 107304 to the end. However, when I start the encoding, TMPGenc starts at frame 0 again!

I am using TMPGenc version 2.53.35.130, downloaded yesterday. This problem happens if I don't use the Wizard. If I DO use the Wizard, everything works OK.

-Alex

Question - TE25 - divx-clix to mpeg1 No.17077
dvdman  2002-03-22 02:28:20 ( ID:qm.kqyjnsza )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

please help me im trying to convert divx-clix files to mpeg1,but i cant get no soud,same problem i have with some avi files to meg1 or meg2
send me a mail at lienbjornchello.no

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.