Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 840 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Missing Audio Thorr 2 2002-06-06 16:30:33
Question TE25 Background sound is all chirpy MK 2 2002-06-06 16:27:24
Question TE25 High quality still MPEGs e_doc 0 2002-06-06 14:17:50
Question TE25 burning vcd's uniwear 4 2002-06-06 16:13:34
Bug report TE25 enable padding generates duplicate frame error bill 1 2002-06-06 18:12:06
Question TE25 Bitrates and File Size weirdia 6 2002-06-06 16:19:04
Question TE25 NTSC DVDRIP IRCGOD 1 2002-06-06 11:27:34
Question TE25 funkguy4 1 2002-06-06 01:50:31
Question TE25 lockups when cutting an Mpeg-1 file precise 2 2002-06-06 19:05:55
Question TE25 How to burn VCD Kaoticsp 2 2002-06-06 11:38:43
Question TE25 Problems with aspect ratio udo 4 2002-06-05 23:41:19
Question TE25 No sinchronization !!! valcax 3 2002-06-06 22:57:25

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 840 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Missing Audio No.22836
Thorr  2002-06-06 16:23:52 ( ID:fq.fvsnt4ml )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, here's the situation. I am trying to convert an AVI to to MPeg1.

The AVIs (3 of them) are all Divx compressed. I tried to convert and noticed that on each one, the audio cuts at 8 seconds into the clip. When i pull up an AVI into the Source Range selection window, I can see the audio track on the screen. The audio track cuts at the 8 second mark. Now, I can watch these clips just fine. The audio is present when I play the AVI in Media Player. However, TMPGEnc doesn't seem to see it after 8 seconds. I have tried to output to WAV, but the audio goes dead after 8 seconds as well.

Does this have anything to do with them being in DIVX compression? If so, What can I do to convert these files?? I want to make VCDs out of these AVIs. I can watch them just fine on my PC.

Thorr  2002-06-06 16:28:09 ( ID:fq.fvsnt4ml )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just saw a previous article that is similar to this one. I am going to try to use Virtualdub to extract the audio first, then encode.

Any other advice would still be very helpful, though!

ASHY  2002-06-06 16:30:33 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sounds as if the audio is VBR mp3 or something similar.
Try to extract it to a wav with Virtualdub mp3
http://www.dvd-digest.net/downloads/files/virtualdub/vdub_mp3_freeze.zip
Or use Goldwave to extact the audio.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Background sound is all chirpy No.22833
MK  Home )  2002-06-06 15:45:05 ( ID:nhv4nr7qwhn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Am taking an avi file in TMPG and changing to MPG-1 file. The sound comes out but there is a chirping noise thru out the video after encoded with TMPG.
Any help would be appreciated. Will TMPG allow me to take a 320 x120 file and reduce it to a 160x60? Am an obvious newbie, thanks for all your help.
MK

Borgs8472  2002-06-06 16:09:33 ( ID:ilellxynfm. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Good question! I came here for the exact same problem!

Interestingly, I've done lots of encoding with TMPGenc and I didn't have many problems. But then one day I seemed to get the problems all the time!

I've tried fiddling some sound parameters like bit rate and frequency, but no luck. Did I turn some noise removal option off perhaps? If so, I don't know.

ASHY  2002-06-06 16:27:24 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

320x120? Where did you get that file? Must be low quality as it is, so I wouldn't reduce it to 160x60, I mean why would you want to do that it would look terrible and most likely your DVD player would reject it or have problems with it.
Standard VCD has to be 352x240 NTSC or 352x288 PAL.

As for your sound problems make sure the sample rate is 44.1khz and the bitrate 224kb/s. If that doesn't help then try using an one of the external sample rate converters you can use with TMPG such as SCMPX. TMPG sometimes has problems with it's own samplerate converter and SCMPX seems to be better. Also try using toolame as an external encoder for TMPG. You can find where to use the extrernal tools under Option>Enviromental setting>External tool.

Another option is to extract the audio to a wav with Virtualdub and convert the samplerate with that and use it as the audio in TMPG, but make sure you tick the high quality box when converting.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - High quality still MPEGs No.22832
e_doc  2002-06-06 14:17:50 ( ID:pdwhkj7mdkf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi to everybody!

I am creating some SVCDs in the past and I have used DVD2SVCD for
that purpose. In the end I have used the created mpg file and written
an xml file for vcdxbuild in order to have a bin/cue file.

Between these steps I have created some bmp files which I have used
for menus infos and so on. These bmp files I have converted with TSCV
in order to have the still mpegs needed. For the first time I was
satisfied with the quality of the still mpegs (because it is so easy
to create them with TSCV).

But now I want to enhance the quality and I think that I can use
TMPGENC for that purpose.

Does somebody know how to do that? (I am only interested in producing
hires still mpegs!)

Moreover, I am using PAL. Thus I have used a bmp of size 704x576. Is
this the right way to do that?

Question - TE25 - burning vcd's No.22827
uniwear  2002-06-06 11:08:37 ( ID:jdiee94mnha )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i am trying to burn to vcd files that i donwload and that have allready been compressed. problem is that i cannot change bitrates etc for it to fit on the 80min cd do i have to uncompress first or is there another way

cheers

ASHY  2002-06-06 11:34:26 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In TMPG click Load, find a folder called 'template' in your TMPG folder. Inside is a folder called 'extra'. Double click the file called 'unlock.mcf' inside it and the settings will unlock allowing you to change the bitrate.

ASHY

uniwear  2002-06-06 14:57:35 ( ID:jdiee94mnha )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanks ashy but how do i know what the file size is going to be then, i need to get an avi file down from say 120mins to 80 mins to fit on or am i flogging a dead horse

cheers

uniwear  2002-06-06 15:14:34 ( ID:jdiee94mnha )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>thanks ashy but how do i know what the file size is going to be then, i need to get an avi file down from say 120mins to 80 mins to fit on or am i flogging a dead horse
>
>cheers

thanks ashy but how do i know what the file size is going to be then, i need to get an avi file down from say 120mins to 80 mins to fit on or am i flogging a dead horse

ASHY  2002-06-06 16:13:34 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I would forget it. To fit 120mins of movie on to an 80min cd means the bitrate would have to be very low. The quality of this movie would be awful. The standard VCD bitrate is bad enough without lowering it any more.
Most VCD's take up 2 cd's and is a better option as using 2 80 min cd's actually allows you to increase the bitrate giving even better quality.
Is it so much of a hassle just to change the cd when the first half of the movie finishes?

ASHY

Bug report - TE25 - enable padding generates duplicate frame error No.22825
bill  2002-06-06 09:33:50 ( ID:/5nnsh5idv2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi all

I've been trying to use DVDmotion to author DVD's with MPEG2 video streams created using TMPGenc.

If I use the CBR format to encode the streams they are rejected by DVDmotion which reports that the streams contain duplicate frame numbers. The same happens if I use VBR or CQ and I manually enable the "padding" to ensure the bitrate does not fall below the minimum.

Is it necessary to have padding enabled to create compliant streams (I know that the CBR mode forces padding to be anabled)?

Also can someone verify for me whether the stream padding does infact produce streams with duplicate frame numbers - I have no way of checking the actual streams in detail. I know that DVDmotion is very strict in what it will accept as far as stream compliance goes. Ideally I need to be able to use CBR streams with DVDmotion so I'd appreciate some help with this.

Regards

Bill

IRCGOD  2002-06-06 18:12:06 ( ID:hnvp1tgbyyk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

CBR automatically creates duplicate frames with padding... you have to use cq or VBR and disable use padding to not drop below minimum bitrate... other than that I really have no clue... hope this helps... happy encoding

Question - TE25 - Bitrates and File Size No.22818
weirdia  2002-06-06 07:17:06 ( ID:9dtdgpivaon )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What am I missing?

No matter what I change about bitrates for the .mpg output, the resulting files size is always the same and exactly equal to the MPEG 1 standard bitrates. I've seen the article on furiousg.com and even created the same exact settings, but the file size is the same. I've even put the video bitrate down so low it kills the quality and the file size comes out the same. I'm just trying to make smaller files for downloading & computer viewing.

What am I missing?

Minion  2002-06-06 07:36:01 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How low are you putting it at?Generally you can"t put it lower than like 800-900kbs,cuz less that that would not create a viable picture.And it seems that tmpgenc has a minimum bitrate it will work with cuz the program is for encodeing avi to a high quality mpeg file and you can"t do that with out a minimum bitrate,What would you expect to do if you set the bitrate at 50kbs or zero?Tmpgenc isn"t going to work for hours to create nothing..I have doen the same thing and tried to encode at rediculously low bitrates just to see what it would do,and it would allways make a file much bigger than i set it at..You should just leave your files in avi/divx format for watching on your computer, turning them into mpeg won"t make them look better or make them smaller ,it will do just the opposite.....

weirdia  2002-06-06 07:58:11 ( ID:9dtdgpivaon )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for your message.

My intent is not to set the bitrate extremely low, I just mentioned that I tried to do it as test to see if the file size would change. I would be happy if I can reduce the size of a 15 second clip from 2.6 MB to say 1.0 or 1.5 MB. I know this can be done and it seems TMPG Enc is the best tool to do it. When I try to make AVI files smaller the quality is too poor.

You can see movies that are very good for viewing but very small for download at the web site http://www.furiousg.com . Also there is an article there explaining how the files are created using TMPG Enc. However, now matter what I try my file size result is always the same as the standard VCD bitrates!

weirdia  2002-06-06 08:05:18 ( ID:9dtdgpivaon )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am using the free trial version of TMPGEnc. Do you think I need to purchase it to unlock it?

I am afraid to pay the money if I can't use it for my purpose, but I am happy to pay for it does do what I am seeking.

Minion  2002-06-06 09:04:01 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is nothing to unlock ,the demo is pretty much like the plus version you pay for,as for trying to get your 15 second avi to 1.5 mb in mpeg, you can get it close but but not quite ,the smallest you will be able to get it is about 7mb per minute believe me I have tried it many times, maybe the older versions will encode at the really low bitrates like below 700kbs,what you should try which i have had exelent results with if your not makeing vcd"s is to convert your avi"s to "wmv"you can get increadibly small file sizes at really high bitrates and good quality,but i usually use divx4.12 for encodeing avi"s with high quality and fairly small file sizes..

ASHY  2002-06-06 11:02:23 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In take it you are trying to create MPEG1 files.
At a guess I would say you are loading the VCD template and then just 'unlocking' it with the 'unlock.mcf' template.
The reason therfore that you are having a problem reducing the file size no matter what bitrate you choose is simply down to the fact that you are now creating a non standard VCD, but you haven't changed the settings accordingly.

In this cause you need to go to Setting>System and change the 'stream type' to 'MPEG1 VCD(non standard)'.
It happens because TMPG automatically adds padding to the MPEG, when you choose the standard VCD template, to keep the minimum bitrate within standard VCD specs no matter how low you set the bitrate.

There is an easy way to remove the padding of the files you have already encoded which will reduce the file size to what they should have been.
Just load the MPEG into the 'simple multiplex' in MPEGtools and choose 'MPEG1 VCD(non standard)' as the type from the drop down menu and run, the padding will be removed and should reduce the file size.

In future if you create a VCD which is not standard always choose the 'MPEG1 VCD(non standard) option as the 'type'.

ASHY

weirdia  2002-06-06 16:19:04 ( ID:9dtdgpivaon )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you, ASHY, my problem is solved. This bit of info is what I was missing:

ASHY Wrote:

>In this cause you need to go to Setting>System and change the 'stream type' >to 'MPEG1 VCD(non standard)'.
>It happens because TMPG automatically adds padding to the MPEG, when you >choose the standard VCD template, to keep the minimum bitrate within standard >VCD specs no matter how low you set the bitrate.

>In future if you create a VCD which is not standard always choose the 'MPEG1 VCD(non standard) option as the 'type'.
>
>ASHY

Question - TE25 - NTSC DVDRIP No.22816
IRCGOD  2002-06-06 02:13:49 ( ID:hnvp1tgbyyk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am ripping harry potter dvd.... I tried to use the force film option in dvd2avi but my resulting video file did not sync with the audio... I have figured out how to do the IVTC in tmpgemc...so I left the original at 29.97fps and not choosing forcedfilm in the options... my question comes to the actual encoding... the original is 16:9 aspect ratio ... and on the video and advanced tab it is set to interlaced... I have applied the ivtc and got rid of the interlacing...do I still encode it as interlaced or do I change it to progressive? and if so do I change it on the vidoe or advanced tab...or both...and what about the 16: 9 ratio as well...leave it to 4:3 or 16:9 or change for both... I am confused as to which is input and output...like to i set the video to interlaced but set advanced to progressive? or vice versa...any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated

ASHY  2002-06-06 11:27:34 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your sync problems when you used the ForcedFILM option in DVD2AVI are most likely due to the fact that you used DVD2AVI to rip the audio also.
This is not a good idea with Telecined films as DVD2AVI is known to create this problem.
Use another program such as VOB2AUDIO, which is more accurate, to rip the audio to a WAV.
Using the ForcedFILM option is the best way to go, so learn how to use it properly, it gives great results and saves a lot of messing about.

Any way to answer your other questions now you have performed IVTC on the movie.
The input should be interlaced, as far as TMPG is concerned it is still interlaced even though you have performed IVTC to convert the movie back to progressive frames as the IVTC won't be applied until you encode.

The next thing is the output. Seeing as you have performed IVTC, you should now have a movie which is 23.976 fps progressive.
You now have to add 3:2 pulldown to this movie to make it an interlaced 29.97 fps movie.(Yes I know that was it's original format, but this is the correct way believe me otherwise you would have ended up with interlacing artifacts)

The simplest way to do this is to choose the SuperVideoCD (NTSCFilm) template or to do it manually, choose MPEG2 as the output then under the 'Video' tab select '3:2 pulldown when playback' from the drop down menu where it says 'encode mode' then select 23.976 fps(internally 29.97 fps) as the 'frame rate'.

Your input ratio should be 16:9 display and your output should be 4:3 display, Full screen(keep aspect ratio) for a standard TV.

Note: all this refers to making an MPEG2 movie. If you are creating MPEG1 VCD you should leave the movie as it is and just de-interlace it unless your player is able to handle 23.976 fps movies without jerky playback.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - No.22814
funkguy4  2002-06-06 01:45:17 ( ID:jtkeykdh.n. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to know if anybody has made an XSVCD template for TMPGEnc. If not, how do you make a template for TMPGEnc.

Minion  2002-06-06 01:50:31 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Makeing a template is easy.First load the "unlock.mfc" template, this will make it so you can adjust all the settings.Now you just set up ALL the settings the way you want them, then when you have the settings the way you want them just click the "save" button in the bottom right corner, then name your template and save it, that is it.....

Question - TE25 - lockups when cutting an Mpeg-1 file No.22811
precise  2002-06-06 01:20:17 ( ID:ys2yowiwwdg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Three days ago tmpgenc 2.54a began having lock-ups when cutting mpeg-1 files to fit onto a cdr. The first part of the file up to time index 1:03:17 encodes normally. The lock-ups occur when I try to cut the last few mintues of the movie. Video encodes normally, but audio locks up and causes the program to lock up. Windows Task Manager says the program is 'Not Responding'.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Be Well

Minion  2002-06-06 01:35:27 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is a common problem with the "merge and cut" feature and the solution is to use different software to edit you mpeg files, once the cut feature decides it isn"t going to work for that file there isn"t much you can do about it accept try something different..There are a few freeware or shareware mpeg1 editors just search for one on a search engine....

Chris L  2002-06-06 19:05:55 ( ID:sibzjgw9ik2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I got this also. Here is an workaround from a guide that I will put out there somewhere:

Sometimes the last cut won't work. It stops after the audio progress bar part. This is got to do with using the slider and fine tuning. Workaround: Use the slider and >>| buttons for the last part and write down the cut. Close the program. Now open it again and TYPE your times in for the cut, Don't Use the buttons or Slider. This works.
If cutting still gives you problems them encode your movie in bits using the source range.

Question - TE25 - How to burn VCD No.22808
Kaoticsp  2002-06-05 23:35:49 ( ID:pwmhkfj8a7m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Alright, i'm kind of new at this, and i've wasted about 6 cd's trying to get this to work. I need to convert a file (avi) to be able to play in my dvd player. everytime i try it, it doesn't play in 1 player, and in my other dvd player it plays but is all scrambled up. i know my 1st dvd player can play it because i have a movie that i burned about 6 months ago that plays fine in it. i just can't remember how or what to do. please help, thx

Minion  2002-06-06 01:30:26 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Write back with the stats of the avi file :framerate ,codec ,resolution ,audio format ect, and how you went about encodeing and burning your file to vcd.We can"t tell you what you did wrong if you don"t tell us what you did.Did you watch the mpeg before you burned it to disk?

ASHY  2002-06-06 11:38:43 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Load your movie, select the appropiate VCD template, don't change anything then encode.
Now use NERO to burn you movie and ensure you choose the VCD option in NERO when you burn.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Problems with aspect ratio No.22803
udo  2002-06-05 23:08:17 ( ID:kr.prcqakoo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, are there any special tricks by making SVCDs from DVD to maintain to correct aspect ratio, when the source is 16:9?
Even if I select 16:9 as the source spect ratio (should I select 16:9 display or 16:9 625 Pal?), the resulting SVCD is played back to "high" on my dvd player. I have tried that with different films. They all had the same aspect ratio when being played from the original DVD, but they played with different aspect ratios when played from the SVCD. Of course I endoded them all with the same settings. What's going on here, or what am I doing wrong?

Udo

ASHY  2002-06-05 23:14:58 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Source aspect ratio for DVD = 16:9 Display
Output aspect ratio for SVCD = 4:3 Display
Video arrange method = Full screen (keep aspect ratio)
Frame size NTSC = 480x480
Frame size PAL = 480x576

This should give you the correct aspect ratio on your TV.

ASHY

Magic  2002-06-06 14:28:49 ( ID:cnlnyv2c5c2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

....or if you have one of those new TV's with the picture ratio adjustment, just change the aspect ratio on the TV to 16:9 and it'll squash the picture back to where it's supposed to be. :-)

udo  2002-06-06 19:03:25 ( ID:kr.prcqakoo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Seems that I used 'full screen'instead of 'full screen (keep ascpect ratio)' for output format. Looks much better now ...

Kaoticsp  2002-06-05 23:41:19 ( ID:pwmhkfj8a7m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

alright, starting from beginning. i downloaded an avi file. i want to make it playable in a dvd player...that should be all the info you need

Question - TE25 - No sinchronization !!! No.22799
valcax  2002-06-05 21:04:35 ( ID:quujzfzc/uj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have extracted audio track from a divx file with virtual dub, saved to wav. and tmpeng mix audio and picture but with no synchronization!!

ASHY  2002-06-05 23:17:02 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Really. Did I tell you about the time I had a granny whou could do backflips in the garden.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-06-05 23:18:16 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, now we have told each other a nice little story, lets have a little more info eh?

ASHY

valcax  2002-06-06 22:57:25 ( ID:quujzfzc/uj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i don´t understand anything!!

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.