Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 841 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Choosing language? Donald 9 2002-06-06 23:19:58
Question TE25 Unknown Audio Codec Magic 3 2002-06-06 14:31:16
Question TE25 SVCD File Size To Burn To CD David 4 2002-06-05 18:46:59
Question TE25 CQ - constant quality bill 3 2002-06-11 16:49:58
Question TE25 no sound after 33 min bongsmokker 2 2002-06-06 09:06:24
Question TE25 VCD Vs SVCD Tom 2 2002-06-06 03:31:28
Question TE25 Can't Advance Video Footage bobber72 1 2002-06-05 15:28:06
Question TE25 why is tmpg killing my sound after 33 min bongsmokker 0 2002-06-05 14:14:43
Bug report TE25 ASF to MPG coding causes TMPGenc. to hangup TVstar 5 2002-06-11 18:10:03
Bug report TE25 Lockup during encoding Christh21 3 2002-06-07 19:23:41
Bug report TE25 Disappearing Disk Space Christh21 5 2002-06-06 03:41:56
Question TE25 DVD noninterlaced OK? georgewf 3 2002-06-05 11:00:46

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 841 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Choosing language? No.22779
Donald  2002-06-05 17:23:52 ( ID:p4bakfomxpk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hy, I want t use another language of my DVD, but i can nowhere choose my language in DVD2AVI. Can anyone help me?

musicnyman  2002-06-05 17:27:45 ( ID:6xascjej7gc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

you would have to extract this in the DVD backup process. DVD2AVI should only open the streams you have converted from the DVD. look at your DVD backup program and tell it to select the language you want from the list. Smartripper and CLADXP are good ones to use.

Donald  2002-06-05 17:30:41 ( ID:p4bakfomxpk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I use smartripper, but there is also no possibility to choose the language. And when i open the backup-vob's with f.e. DVDx, all language streams are choosa.ble

musicnyman  2002-06-05 17:34:18 ( ID:6xascjej7gc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

that is strange, honestly i haven't used DVD2AVI to choose languages, sorry. always just pick the default language which i guess is english in DVD2AVI.

ASHY  2002-06-05 18:21:31 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When you use Smartripper to rip the VOBs, go to the directory where they are stored and open the text file called something like vts_01_INFO.txt. In this file will be a list of streams. The first audio stream is usually called [0x80] and is english then the second is [0x81] and so on.

To select the correct stream in DVD2AVI click Audio then track number and here will be a list of tracks nubered 1 to 8. Choose the correspondeing track to the one you choose in the smartripper text file.
For example the english track is [0x80] and is the first audio track so choose track 1 in DVD2AVI.

ASHY

IRCGOD  2002-06-06 18:34:49 ( ID:hnvp1tgbyyk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

there is another way to do this.... when in smart ripper go to stream and enable streaming... you can now select the language of the audio you want and rip it with smart ripper... your other option is to use vob2audio... if you do it right it uses your ifo file and tells you which language is which ... just like smart ripper.... happy encoding

IRCGOD  2002-06-06 18:46:44 ( ID:hnvp1tgbyyk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

there is another way to do this.... when in smart ripper go to stream and enable streaming... you can now select the language of the audio you want and rip it with smart ripper... your other option is to use vob2audio... if you do it right it uses your ifo file and tells you which language is which ... just like smart ripper.... happy encoding

IRCGOD  2002-06-06 19:06:43 ( ID:hnvp1tgbyyk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

IRCGOD  2002-06-06 21:51:12 ( ID:hnvp1tgbyyk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ASHY  2002-06-06 23:19:58 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok I think we get the point!

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Unknown Audio Codec No.22775
Magic  2002-06-05 17:17:55 ( ID:cnlnyv2c5c2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I know this isn't strictly TMPGEnc related, but I will be encoding to MPG once I solve this! I have an AVI file which has the video but I can't hear any audio. I know this is probably because I don't have the right CoDec installed, but how do I know which one to install? I installed DivX (v 3,4 and 5) which cured the vdeo, but no audio! I've tried a few different MP3 codecs too but all the time media player just says the audio is "Unknown Codec". Any idea how i can find out exactly what I am missing, and therefore what to install?

Cheers

musicnyman  2002-06-05 17:25:30 ( ID:6xascjej7gc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

in some divx movies, when converting to VCD or SVCD/mpg, you need to uncompress the audio first. using an audio uncompressor to convert this to a PCM .wav file, then in tmpgenc, use the .wav file as the audio file and the orginigal DIVX .avi file as the video file and you should be set. tmpgenc should support most DIVX .avi files, but in some cases, i had to convert the audio to an uncompressed state.

ASHY  2002-06-05 18:27:26 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The audio is probably AC3. You will need to install an AC3 filter to play this file or install DVD player software.
To convert it to MPEG you will first have to extract the audio to a wav file using software such as Goldwave with the AC3 filter installed then use that as the audio source.

ASHY

Magic  2002-06-06 14:31:16 ( ID:cnlnyv2c5c2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ye.. you were right.. it was AC3! :-)

Thanks

Question - TE25 - SVCD File Size To Burn To CD No.22770
David  2002-06-05 16:43:13 ( ID:lpkgk9shi0. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello Everyone,

I have a question about SVCD file size to burn to cd.
I have a SVCD file at 700.38MB(55mins) and burn to a 700MB CD.
When I look at burning face of the cd, I see that the cd is not completely burned to 700MB. I means the file is SVCD 700.38 MB(55mins), but it did not burn all spaces in the cd. I still can see the outer ring space that did not burn.

So my question is what is the right SVCD file size to burn fully to a 700MB CD?

Thanks,

musicnyman  2002-06-05 16:59:23 ( ID:6xascjej7gc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

is the file you're trying to burn an mpg file or a SVCD iso/bin/cue file? the mpg file can be up to 800 megs or more, but once the ISO for the burn is created, you can fit a 800 meg mpg file on a 700 meg cd with no problems. use nero or vcdeasy to do this.

David  2002-06-05 17:17:51 ( ID:te7ciikuiqj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The 700.38 MB is a MPG SVCD File and I think I got your Idea.

Thanks musicnyman

musicnyman  2002-06-05 17:23:35 ( ID:6xascjej7gc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

right. once that 700.38 mpg file gets converted for cd burning, thus creating an ISO or bin/cue file, it will be a lot less, probably around 600-620 megs. most of my SVCD mpg files are around 800 -> 820 megs and when i'm ready to create a SVCD cd, i use nero or vcdeasy to create the cd image and i have no problems fitting it onto a cd, then use powerdvd or your DVD player to play the movie. you can always use nero to make sure it fill fit on a cd by using the SVCD template that comes with the new version. very useful. you'll see that an 800 meg .mpg file can easily fit on a 700 meg cd.

ASHY  2002-06-05 18:46:59 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don' know how you reached that assumption because it just isn't true and doesn't sound right to me.
Granted you can fit 800mb of MPEG data on to an 80min cdr because of the extra 100mb of space which is normally used for parity data is used for raw MPEG data, but the file doesn't get smaller when your ready to burn it to cd, it gets slightly larger because of the file overhead which is added.
For example an 800mb MPEG will be reported as 808mb total size when being burned to disk by NERO and the same happens when you create an image with VCDeasy.
This is the reason it is possible to fit more on the disk not because the file size is somehow magically reduced.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - CQ - constant quality No.22766
bill  2002-06-05 15:37:45 ( ID:/5nnsh5idv2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi All

can someone tll me if the CQ output format is compatible with DVD or is it a non-issue?

I get good results using the CQ setting and it is much faster than 2-pass VBR but will does it produce a stream that is DVD compliant?

Thanks

Bill

ASHY  2002-06-05 15:47:38 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't see why not as long as the other factors are ok.
The TMPG DVD template actually uses CQ so try that.

ASHY

musicnyman  2002-06-05 17:26:33 ( ID:6xascjej7gc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

both CQ, VBR, and CBR should be compliant. it's just another way of encoding the file and how to encode the file. the end results should be the same compliance wise.

martin bardoe  2002-06-11 16:49:58 ( ID:cgx3nbhwwxm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Bill

I've made a couple of DVD PAL using CQ_VBR 50 and it plays fine on my Sanyo 1500A and Goodmans. I'm still trying to find out if there's a better setting for putting old VHS on DVD. I did try 2 pass VBR 8000 kbps but ended up with an encoding time of 45hrs for a 41 mi video,so stopped it.

Martin

Question - TE25 - no sound after 33 min No.22763
bongsmokker  2002-06-05 14:44:22 ( ID:2oiuxu6k.aj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

the sound goes dead after 33 min and im useing toolame as the sound encoder is it that how is killing my sound plase help a newbi

musicnyman  2002-06-05 17:44:21 ( ID:6xascjej7gc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

audio encode works fine with the default tmpgenc mp2 encoder? it's just the toolame tool you're having trouble with?

Minion  2002-06-06 09:06:24 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Encode the audio seperately then multiplex it with your video file, then see if it works...

Question - TE25 - VCD Vs SVCD No.22760
Tom  2002-06-05 14:42:19 ( ID:hvrhufqjkmc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I finally produced a VCD that works in my DVD player using virtualdub, TMPgenc and burning with Nero! The Avi file was 255 MB. Now that I know how to convert to VCD.....I want to learn how to convert to SVCD. I tried to convert according to the walkthrough and found out really quick that the same file that fit on my CDRW as a vcd file would not even come close to fitting on my CDRW as a SVCD. Is there a compression tool needed to make it fit our will I have to use twice as many discs if I want SVCD quality?

Thanx for the help!

Wes  2002-06-05 15:44:26 ( ID:z4bgrhvbzl. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

not you dont need a compression tool. All you have to do is change the bit rate. SVCD is preset to 2250 kbps. Just reduce the bit rate til the file will fit on a CDR. If the file is over 80 minutes still the file after encoding.

Minion  2002-06-06 03:31:28 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

But that sort of defeats the purpose of useing mpeg2/svcd,if you are going to use the same bitrate as mpeg1/vcd, you might as well stick with vcd.I wouldn"t try to get more than 45 minutes on a disk in svcd.because svcd"s have a greater resolution the bits have to be spread over a greater area than with vcd,so in effect you would get better quality on a vcd at 1150kbs than you would with a svcd at the same bitrate.

Question - TE25 - Can't Advance Video Footage No.22758
bobber72  2002-06-05 14:16:21 ( ID:lvi/iugzjpa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I can't advance footage foreward in Windows Media Player. Watching an .asf file and it just plays through from start to finish and it won't let me watch footage from wherever I want. Help!

Rob
bobber72@hotmail.com

ASHY  2002-06-05 15:28:06 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't think that relates to this forum does it?
It's probably the way it's been created. Either it doesn't have any key frames or the indexing has been stripped. You could try to use a program such as Virtualdub to try and rebuild the index or insert key frames.
Just choose check 'open extended options' when you oprn the file and choose 'rederive keyframe flags'
It's supposed to work but never tried so I don't really know.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - why is tmpg killing my sound after 33 min No.22757
bongsmokker  2002-06-05 14:14:43 ( ID:2oiuxu6k.aj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

the sound goes dead after 33 min why?

Bug report - TE25 - ASF to MPG coding causes TMPGenc. to hangup No.22751
TVstar  2002-06-05 13:31:08 ( ID:xi4nwq0lag2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

1. Using the Wizard, it is able to convert ASF to VCD mpg format. When I try to that, TMPGenc 2.54a i.e. 2.54.37.135 hangs up itself whilst the encoding process at about 13% of the whole process. Is there a memory problem?

Further a little bit more than a bug:

2. Why is it not possible to open ASF files without using the wizard in the batch encode window?

3. Some files are totally not supported, f.e. MOV, RM/RAM, how should I convert them to a VCD MPG?

Thank you for help...

TVstar  2002-06-05 13:34:52 ( ID:xi4nwq0lag2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

...oh I forgot: I use an Athlon 1600+ (1400mhz), Raid-Harddrive-Controller, WinXP Pro, 256 MB DDR, enough disc space

ASHY  2002-06-05 14:17:56 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do you mean is it not possible to open ASF files without using the wizard in the batch encode window?

Do you mean you can't open them from the main window?

To open .Mov files you will need the quicktime plugin. You would need to use TINRA to convert Real media files to AVI first then to MPEG.

ASHY

TVstar  2002-06-07 09:36:48 ( ID:k6hgy9s1hlj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I mean,

in the main window of the program the menue-point FILE > BATCH ENCODE, then in the Batch Encode window the button ADD. There are only listing files as openfilter set, no videofiles. I get the message "Invalid stream format". Without the Wizard, I found no other menue point to get ASF files converted. The menue point ADD CURRENT PROJECT TO BATCH LIST is not for ASF formats. I don't know how to convert about 20 ASF files in a batch process to mpg/mpeg.

The other problem is, that with the wizard, it might be possible to add ASF files to the batch encode list, but I always get program hangups, it never worked. Maybe the ASF files are not the best and they should be repaired, if there are some buggy frames. I don't know that much about it. For me it always seems to hang up because of a memory processing problem...

Maybe you can help me with this ASF trouble.
Thank you...

ASHY  2002-06-07 12:19:50 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can't load ASF files directly into the BATCH ENCODE. You have to load the files into the main window and then create a project file and then load that into Batch Encode.

Load your file into TMPG main window and set it up as if you were going to encode. When your happy click File>Save project and save it. Do this for each ASF file you wish to convert. When your done click File>Batch encode. Click the 'Add' button and load all your projects then click 'Run' and your files will be encoded in the order of the batch list.

ASHY

TVstar  2002-06-11 18:10:03 ( ID:hwinbcbce/. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

the same problem as using the wizard: the program hangs up whilst the process... do i have to use a fame repair tool for asf files first?

why do i need the batch convert aufter the manual convert/load into the main window. if i have it already converted without the batch, what for is the batch? this is a very long+boring process waiting for each and every asf file to get finished, ain't another option? no program update for easier batch conversations?

Thanks for help...

Bug report - TE25 - Lockup during encoding No.22747
Christh21  2002-06-05 13:30:07 ( ID:9q.e625fmh6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have another question. When encoding a backup of a DVD I purchased, TMPG just locks up in the middle of the VBR encoding. It doesn't do this with CQ or CBR.

If this does happen, once it has begun the second pass, is there any way to have the encoder begin where it left off, or do I just have to guess the frame # and try to merge the files? Or better, is there an explaination of why TMPG locks up during the encoding process.

I run Windows XP on a laptop with Pentium III 1000mhz 256 ram.

Thanks

Minion  2002-06-06 01:58:31 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can not resume a broken encodeing session so you will do what you have sugested and encode the second the second part and join them but you dont have to guess you can join then on the next frame were it cut off if you want.Just load the first part of your mpeg in to tmpgenc and go to the source range a see how many frames you encoded.so say you encoded 23,345 frames then you go to the 23,346 frame in your avi with the source range and start encodeing from there, then join them later.

Christh21  2002-06-07 08:46:01 ( ID:ow2lxfmkbjh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I used the MPEG tools to restart where I left off. I now have too files. To explain things a little more: I extracted 2 audio tracks and converted them to MP2. I then used TMPGEnc to convert the VIDEO using AviSynth from VOB files. When it crashed, I continued it where I left off. I used the MPEG tools "Multiplex" option to mux the second video on to the end of the first, but it gives me underflow errors. When I play it (its video only) on my DVD software, it works up until the mux point. Is there another software that I can use to mux SVCD compliant files? I tried bbMPEG but it doesn't support muxing too video files. Can you recommend software that I can use to mux the 2 video files and add on 2 audio files and also split the result into 2 SVCDs?
Thanks

ASHY  2002-06-07 19:23:41 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

LOL... Mux the two together?? I think your confused with what muxing is.
Muxing or multiplexing is combining two files together as one stream, not joining them end to end and is usually used for combining an audio stream with a video stream.

This could be your problem and is the reason why it stops after the first stream, because there is actually nothing else at the end, you have simply combined two files into one and it's just one of the streams you have combined which is playing. I'm suprised this actually plays at all.

To join 2 files together you need to use the Merge&Cut feature. Just load both files in together using the add button in the order you want them joined then click correct then run.
Your files will now be joined end to end and should play fine.

ASHY

Bug report - TE25 - Disappearing Disk Space No.22741
Christh21  2002-06-05 13:25:01 ( ID:9q.e625fmh6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am using TMPG to encode 2 SVCDs. The resulting file, before splitting, is about 1.4 GB. I have about 6GB free on my hard disk, so after encoding I assume I should still have at least 4GB free to create BIN files for burning. However to my surprise, I found TMPG 80% done at just over an hour saying "Disk write error." I looked at the folder where the resulting file was and found that it was only about 1GB (which is right for the hour of video encoded) but I also found that my hard disk was reporting 40KB free on the whole disk! So, I used a program Size Manager to scan my entire hard disk. According to it, the files on my computer are only taking up 12.9GB out of the 18.6GB available. I SHOULD have 5GB free on my disk, but its not there.

I thought maybe TMPG was using some TEMP files, but the TEMP dir used by TMPG only have about 20MB of files. Can anyone explain WHY I might be losing all this disk space? Thanks

Christh21  2002-06-05 13:32:20 ( ID:9q.e625fmh6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

BTW, I am running Windows XP on a laptop with Pentium III 1000mhz and 256mb ram.

Christh21  2002-06-05 13:39:42 ( ID:9q.e625fmh6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just rebooted my machine. The "missing disk space" appeared when I rebooted.

Minion  2002-06-06 01:46:37 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you doing a 2 pass encode?With the 2 pass encodeing method tmpgenc stores all the information from the passes on your hard disk and can take up to 5gb of space,you can turn off this function in 2 pass mode if you go to your enviromental settings under CPU and un-tick the "Enable Cache" box..but if your not doing a 2pass encode then I don"t know what your problem could be....

Christh21  2002-06-06 01:59:38 ( ID:bispsy4.qcj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't see an "Enable Cache" option under CPU. The closest I see is under General it says "Do not use cache functin by Operating System to access file." that's checked.

Minion  2002-06-06 03:41:56 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What version are you useing?I was talking about the 2.54 plus version,I don"t think the demo has the optimized 2pass encodeing ,or maybee you cant turn off that function in the demo, download the Plus version and maybe it will fix yer problem.

Question - TE25 - DVD noninterlaced OK? No.22737
georgewf  2002-06-05 04:25:58 ( ID:d79dtc0edkm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I encoded for dvd as 29.97 noninterlaced and it plays nicely
on my Pioneer NTSC player. Before we press 1000 copies, will
this play back on all players? I wish I could test it on
more players, but only the Pioneer plays DVD-Rs.

I'm just a bit concerned because I keep seeing messages that
all DVDs are interlaced. Don't all DVD players automatically
adjust?

thanks

Minion  2002-06-05 06:20:02 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

NTSC movies are interlaced,and your dvd will only play in dvd player that are compatible with dvd-r disks but it probably wont play in the standard dvd player that just plays dvd"s, I don"t think dvd players adjust for interlaced movies cuz I allways have to do it while encodeing but if you don"t notice any interlaceing artifacts while playback then I wouldn"t worry about it..

ASHY  2002-06-05 12:47:40 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The DVD specs state that MPEG2 DVD movies are interlaced, but are stored as progressive, confusing I know.

The reason is all movie content is originally 24 fps film this is then transferred to DVD as progressive frames at 24 or 23.976 fps, but because the NTSC standard requires 29.97 fps Telecine is added when the movie is transferred to the DVD. This process adds a flag to the movie which tells the player to perform a 3:2 pulldown when the movie is played back.
Basically what this does is it just tells the player to repeat certain frames adding 6 frames per second to the movie using a certain sequence of repeating fields within a frame which has the effect of creating interlaced frames.

To be honest I'm not sure how most DVD player would handle a non interlaced MPEG2 movie without pulldown.

What I can tell you that may help you relax a little is that all MPEG1 VCD movies are progressive and these play fine.

I suppose it will depend on the player. At the end of the day to be safe and within specs I would interlace the movie and if possible use the 3:2 pulldown method.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-06-05 11:00:46 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can fit up to 800mb of MPEG on to a 80min/700mb disk anyway.
Yeh I know 800 into 700 doesn't go, but there is actually 800mb of storage per 80 min disk where MPEG is concerned as there is usually 100mb set aside for parity checking when used for normal data storage, but this isn't required for MPEG data, so the extra 100 mb can be used for storage.

Go ahead and burn it should fit no prob and if the movie is slightly over 800mb, say 810mb this will fit, just use the overburn option in your software when you burn the CD.

ASHY

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.