Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 489 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 MOtion Search Precision Settings Pupster 1 2003-04-27 21:37:08
Question TE25 MPEG File Sizes ?? Pupster 1 2003-04-27 21:35:31
Question TE25 wmv and asf files unsupported error tina 1 2003-04-27 21:31:46
Question TE25 can`t open .d2v file for video adoh 1 2003-04-27 21:29:32
Question TE25 mpeg files blocky XBucklawX 1 2003-04-27 04:07:25
Question TE25 What audio types are supported with TMPGEnc ?? and a couple other questions..... Pupster 1 2003-04-27 03:49:46
Question TE25 Shows This Error Right Before Encoding "mp43dmod.dll" nat 1 2003-04-27 03:39:11
Question TE25 Deleting TMPGEnc DMarx 1 2003-04-27 03:36:35
Question TE25 Is there any way to use the codec in TMPGEnc just wondering 1 2003-04-26 12:33:56
Question TE25 Audio sounds flat and tin-can-ish Matt 1 2003-04-26 04:03:59
Question TE25 could not open file... Unset 3 2003-04-26 08:05:46
Question TE25 can't open avi files Frank 12 2003-04-28 22:41:02

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 489 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - MOtion Search Precision Settings No.36582
Pupster  2003-04-27 18:02:11 ( ID:4fzyjf0xypa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does the "Motion Search PRecision" setting affect resulting encoded file size ?

Does it affect the video quality ?

What does it do ?

Thanks, I am new to this and can use all of the information you can supply.

Is there any documentation which decribes in depth all of the program options ?

Minion  2003-04-27 21:37:08 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

"Motion Precition Search" Affects Quality But not File size it also Affects the time it takes to encode the files...

Question - TE25 - MPEG File Sizes ?? No.36580
Pupster  2003-04-27 17:18:44 ( ID:4fzyjf0xypa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a question on the resulting file sizes when converting to NTSC VCD from AVI

Some of the AVI's I encode end up being huge files, too big to burn on a 750MB cd as a vcd.

What affects the size of the encoded files ?
Below are two examples of files I have converted:
Audio source for both is the MPEG layer 1 audio from the AVI.

Example 1
Original AVI: 717MB, 640x272 with a 448 bit rate.
Resulting MPEG: 628MB

Example 2:
Original AVI: 713MB, 576x320, bit rate 137
Resulting MPEG: 2.5G

Why is the resulting MPEG in example 2 so large ?

This file is too large to burn as a VCD with a 750MB cd. Is there something I can do to reduce the size ??

What determines the size of encoded files ?

Please help.

Thank you !!

Minion  2003-04-27 21:35:31 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What determines the Size of the Mpeg files is the Length of the Source Files and the Bitrate used to encode them to Mpeg, generally for VCD it is 10mb per minute of AVI..Most movies Have to be Put on 2 or more CD-R"s....

Question - TE25 - wmv and asf files unsupported error No.36578
tina  2003-04-27 15:42:28 ( ID:sbezb30us6n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

On my old pc i was able to convert wmv and asf files with tmpgenc about 80% of the time with no problem. I was always able to open them in tmpgenc.

On my new pc, i can watch wmv and asf files in windows media player, but i get the "unsupported" error when trying to open any and all of these types of files in tmpgenc. Changing the extension of a wmv file to asf does not help. I already have the DirectShow Multimedia File Reader set to the top of the priority list.

Minion  2003-04-27 21:31:46 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

All I can think of is do you have the Latest Windows Media Codecs installed?? and if all else Fails you can allways convert the Files to AVI then encode them to Mpeg....

Question - TE25 - can`t open .d2v file for video No.36576
adoh  2003-04-27 10:55:22 ( ID:8yfrh0k0y/a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I try to open a .d2v file for my video and it says "file test.d2v can not open , or unsupported.

can anyone help to enable me to open this file for conversion

thanks in advance

Minion  2003-04-27 21:29:32 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do you Have the "DVD2AVI.vfp" Plugin showing up in the "Vfapi Plugins"?? If not then Take the "DVD2AVI.vfp" file from the DVD2AVI folder and Put it into the Tmpgenc folder, then check to see that it is showing up in the Vfapi Plugins..You also can not Move rename or delete any of the Source Vob file or Mpeg files that you are Frameserveing to Tmpgenc untill after the encodeing is Done, and If all else Fails Just make another D2V file with DVD2AVI, this Usually works....

Question - TE25 - mpeg files blocky No.36574
XBucklawX  2003-04-27 00:38:36 ( ID:uggl1b16g8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello all!!!
I'm having problems encoding my .avi's to .mpegs.
The mpegs are very blocky !!!
I've tried everything, but nothing seems to get rid of the blockiness !
I want to transfer vhs tapes onto VCD but on the TV it's BLOCKY!!!

HELP !!!

Minion  2003-04-27 04:07:25 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are Captureing VHS tapes then Encodeing them To Mpeg1 for VCD is NOT the Format that you want to use cuz No matter what you do the Quality will Be bad and Very "Blocky"..The Bitrate and Resolution used For VCD is Far to Low to Produce any sort of Acceptable Quality, Even DVD"s Ripped to VCD can be Blocky and Sub standard so from VHS it is Definately not going to be Very Good Quality..At the Very least you should be Makeing SVCD"s and if not SVCD"s then DVD"s..The Way you capture your VHS Tapes will Have a Big affect on the Quality, What works Best for me is to Capture at Full Resolution 720+480/576, useing a Low Compression Codec like HuffyUv or even Uncompressed AVI if you have the Drive space and Drive Speed, then Use some Filters to Clean up the Image, I use AVISynth"s Temporal Smoother and Frame serve the File to the Encoder and you can use the Noise Filter in Tmpgenc also, then encode at the Highest Bitrate and Resolution You Can, I use a VBR Method at between 1750-3000KBS at SVCD Resolution(480+480), The Filters Really slow down the encodeing But the Quality in the End is Worth it..If you do not have the Disk space to capture with HuffyUv or Uncompressed then You can get Pretty Good Results Captureing to Mpeg2 at 720+480 and at 15,000Kbs useing something like "InterVideo WinDVR 2" then re-encodeing the File to SVCD useing some noise Filters, but there isn"t any way you will Be able to Capture VHS and Make Standard VCD"s out of the Files and Have it look as good as you like.There is a Lot of trial and error involved, I have been trying to Do this One VHS Movie for allmost a Month now and still I haven"t gotten the Quality I want But they Do look Good to Most poeple But I"m a Bit of a Quality freak so I don"t think I"ll ever be happy....Anyways Good Luck...

Question - TE25 - What audio types are supported with TMPGEnc ?? and a couple other questions..... No.36572
Pupster  2003-04-27 00:14:33 ( ID:4fzyjf0xypa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does anyone have a list of AVI audio types that are supported in TMPGENC? I am using the latest ver of TMPGEnc and some of the AVI's I convert have no audio.

Please correct me if I am wrong because I am a new user, but believe if I have a list of supported audio types I can use GSPOT to identify the codecs in the AVIs I am trying to convert to VCD Mpegs. If the audio types of the AVIs are not supported I can then use Virtual Dub to "rip" the audio from the AVI's to wavs and convert them in TMPGEnc... Is that correct ?

Is Virtual Dub sufficient or is there something better I can be using ???

Is there a users manual or help file available for TMPGEnc as there are many options in the software that I do not know how to use ?

Thanks so much for all your help !

This software is great !!!

Minion  2003-04-27 03:49:46 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tmpgenc Has the Most Problems with AC3 and VBR Mp3 audio, but it can also have Problems with WMA,OGG and some others...I generally Allways Use Wav audio when encodeing, so as a Good Rule you should allmost allways Extract the audio to Wav Just to be safe..Virtual dub is Pretty Good at extracting audio But you will Probably get Better results from useing "Virtual Dub_Mpeg2/AC3", I actually usually use "Sound Forge 6" or "Vegas Video 4" cuz it can extract the audio To Pretty much Any Format Like AC3 for DVD authoring and "Mpeg audio" which is used in your VCD/SVCD & DVD"s so you don"t need to encode any audio in Tmpgenc you just Mux the audio with the Mpeg video after encodeing ,and they never cause any sync Problems which can happen with other Programs, These Programs are Pretty Expensive But very Good Programs...good Luck...

Question - TE25 - Shows This Error Right Before Encoding "mp43dmod.dll" No.36570
nat  2003-04-26 22:23:01 ( ID:huqndvww7dg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Recently my tmpeg has been really messed up, i had searched for this error on this forum and everybody says not to upgrade to windows media player 9 which i did not do. i have windows media player 7 and this is giving me problems. right before it starts to encode the movie it starts to say "error in mp43dmod.dll". i have run out of ideas and this is really starting to bother me...oh and sometimes when i am about to encode something it says "couldn't find p3package.dll"...thanks ahead for your help!

Minion  2003-04-27 03:39:11 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The "P3P Package error" is From not haveing all of the Tmpgenc files in the Same Folder, and the other error is With the Mpeg4 codec you are useing, Try installing the "FFDShow Filter" this Might fix the error....

Question - TE25 - Deleting TMPGEnc No.36568
DMarx  Home )  2003-04-26 21:30:53 ( ID:n13r.swtllo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have downloded and paid for TMPGEnc Plus. How do I delete the free version of TMPGEnc from my hard drive?

Minion  2003-04-27 03:36:35 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well You Just delete it...There is Nothing special you have to do you Just delete the Folder were all of the Tmpgenc files are.....

Question - TE25 - Is there any way to use the codec in TMPGEnc No.36566
just wondering  2003-04-26 11:42:40 ( ID:vck3op69crm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was just wondering if there is a codec pack that ftmpgenc offers becasue I have files that I thought were corrupt or I hadnt found the codec for but when I try to encode them and I set a source range they are perfectly clear. So obviously TMPGEnc has something that my media player does not Im just assuming that it is a codec. I would really apreciate the help in finding out whats going on so any response would be great. Thanks in advance.

Ashy  2003-04-26 12:33:56 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I was just wondering if there is a codec pack that ftmpgenc offers
Er..no
TMPG does not have it's own codecs for decoding input sources except for Open DML and still images. It uses the same codecs that Mediaplayer uses.
It seems like you don't have the correct codec installed or there is a problem with your Mediaplayer. Which version do you have?

What sort of file are you trying to play?

Question - TE25 - Audio sounds flat and tin-can-ish No.36564
Matt  2003-04-26 00:16:49 ( ID:alnij9bprzo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Every time a create an MPG file converting from my uncompressed avi file the picture is great but the audio just comes out sounding really flat and canny for some reason no matter how much I increase the audio bitrate or quality. HELP ME PLEASE :)

MATT

Minion  2003-04-26 04:03:59 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is Probably from Crappy sample Rate conversions, set the Sample Rate converter to "High Quality" OR you can just use a Totally seperate Program to encode the Audio to Mpeg audio, This is What I do with allmost all the Audio I encode Cuz Most encoders don"t have Very good audio encoders and Sample rate converters....

Question - TE25 - could not open file... No.36560
Unset  2003-04-25 23:04:15 ( ID:1v7oj97gndc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i have this weird problem. im trying to open the vid i converted and cut it with mpeg tools. when i opened the edit windows a message popped up saying "Could not open this file with DirectShow". (0x80040111) and underneath that it says Detail: and a bunch of weird symbols. Any idea wats wrong here?

Minion  2003-04-26 04:01:11 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is it a Mpeg2 file??? If it is then you Probably need to Install the Correct Mpeg2 decoders for Tmpgenc to decode the File ,you need either the "Ligos Mpeg2 decoder" or the "Cyberlink Mpeg2 decoder" installed, if you install "Power DVD" then it will install a Mpeg2 decoder...

Unset  2003-04-26 04:23:24 ( ID:otvl4t6kmdw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ya its mpeg2 and i already have powerdvd. i'll try somthing with the nimo codec.

Minion  2003-04-26 08:05:46 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well you Just might need to raise the Priority of your "Cyberlink Mpeg2 decoder" in the Vfapi Plugins...But Tmpgenc"s Editor isn"t the Most reliable editor and if you used VBR or even if you didn"t there is a Good Chance that the second Part of the Mpeg2 file you edit will end up out of sync, that is why it is good to have a Good Mpeg editor like "Womble Mpeg2VCR" I have never had a Single sync Problem with it and it can fix Sync Problems....

Question - TE25 - can't open avi files No.36547
Frank  2003-04-25 22:19:11 ( ID:sro//8ua1vw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just started using TMPGEnc. First five or so avi files converted perfectly. Now I get an error message saying can't open or not supported. The only thing different is the first ones were downloaded to my hard drive and then converted the rest I copied from my pc to a cd and then later copied back to pc. Never changed format files are still avi. They will play fine in media player and nero will convert them. Any ideas??

Minion  2003-04-26 03:57:49 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go To "Options" to "Enviromental settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and Raise the "Direct Show" to "2"...

Frank  2003-04-26 05:28:02 ( ID:sro//8ua1vw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I do this i get this message (TMPGEnc.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.) Then it shuts down. Any more suggestions????

Frank  2003-04-26 05:54:44 ( ID:sro//8ua1vw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just tried other avi's. With default settings it will open some and not others. I'm stumped..

Minion  2003-04-26 08:09:33 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well there Could be something wrong with the Files, If they are Downloaded off of the net then that could very well be the case as Downloaded files can get Corrupted through downloading...and sometimes Installing the "FFDShow Decoder" will help with these Problems especially if the Files are DivX/XviD/Mpeg-4 Files, give it a Shot!! and you can allways try frameserveing the File to Tmpgenc this sometimes helps also...

Frank  2003-04-27 05:23:18 ( ID:sro//8ua1vw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What is FFDShow Decoder and where do I get it? Is it part of TMPGEnc or is it a seperate program?

adoh  2003-04-27 10:59:35 ( ID:8yfrh0k0y/a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Frank have you sorted out this problem because I`m having exactly the same problem, only I can`t change the priority setting in environmental fields, how do you do that..

thanks in advance

Frank  2003-04-27 18:44:58 ( ID:sro//8ua1vw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No I have not figured it out. To changed the settings If you highlight the item and right click on it you can raise or lower the priority.

Minion  2003-04-27 21:49:40 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

FFDShow is a seperate Codec/Filter, Just go to Google and Type in "FFDShow" and download it...

Frank  2003-04-28 02:56:58 ( ID:sro//8ua1vw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Downloaded and installed FFDShow. What do I do with it now? Do I need to link it with TMPGEnc somehow or what? If it works on its own , how do I use it?

Frank  2003-04-28 03:26:16 ( ID:sro//8ua1vw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After installing FDDShow and setting Direst Show Multimedia file reader to 2 it seems to work. Now I have another problem.... Media Player has no video for any file avi,mpg, or any. What do I need to do to get the video back???

Minion  2003-04-28 06:06:18 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Maybe try opening the FFDshow Configuration dialog and Maybe try disableing the Format that you want to play in Media Player, and when you need to encode that format then enable that format...I don"t know if it will work but it is worth a Try, But for Mpeg files Media Player isn"t the best, you should use dvd playing software like "Power DVD"..And whatever you do DONT install "Media Player 9" cuz this can cause Big problems in Tmpgenc and many other Codec dependant Programs....

Frank  2003-04-28 22:41:02 ( ID:sro//8ua1vw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If I disable all codecs in FFDShow Media Player works fine. Thanks for the warning about Media Player 9 ...but too late I installed it several weeks ago and it did something to my restore program and I can't get rid of it. However everything seems to work now. I haven't tried to do a Xvid yet in TMPGEnc but hopefully it will work too. One last question - Can I split Xvids and if so how?

Thanks for all of your help.
Couldn't have done it without you.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.