Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 475 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 RAM usage CraZy 2 2003-05-26 08:50:56
Question TE25 UPSIDE DOWN SCREEN Destiny 4 2003-06-05 18:52:50
Question TE25 Divided by 0 Lazarus 1 2003-05-26 08:55:59
Question TE25 missing audio track y2kdragon8888 5 2003-05-26 16:51:09
Bug report TDA1 Changing source video Edge 0 2003-05-25 13:34:29
Question TE25 How can i get this Plug-in? zero_000 3 2003-05-26 09:39:34
Question TE25 Size limitation on avi file videomag 7 2003-05-27 20:24:29
Question TE25 Error Problem with Xvid ? Destiny 6 2003-05-26 09:56:55
Question TE25 converting XVID and DIVX etc to VCD Format ? Destiny 1 2003-05-24 22:10:19
Question TE25 cant add subtitles anymore Rainer 1 2003-05-24 22:07:15
Question TDA1 NO Multiple Audio Tracks Toe Knee 0 2003-05-24 12:48:11
Question TE25 VOBSUB WONT ADD SUbs Rrr 1 2003-05-24 22:05:39

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 475 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - RAM usage No.37089
CraZy  2003-05-26 01:10:34 ( ID:iurdrqhdypg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there anyway to boost the RAM usage in TMPG for faster encodes like CCE ?
TMPG has better results then anything else but it doesnt use much ram.
I have a gig of ram and Dual cpu and TMPG uses full cpu usage and I still have half of my ram left while encoding on high priority.
CCE uses full cpu and leaves me with 50 megs of ram on high priority and encodes much faster.I dont like CCE or any other enocders on the market.

Can TMPG utilize my system to the fullest and eat up my ram?

TIA
-CraZy

Minion  2003-05-26 03:10:49 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

NO, There is No way to make it suck up more ram, If it needed the Ram it would use it, I believe that only the very newest versions of CCE have the Encodeing Priority setting.Tmpgenc and CCE are Written on 2 totally different Platforms, Tmpgenc is written in the Old Delfi code were CCE was written Useing Visual C+ and C+ is a Much More highly Optimized Code that the Old Delphi Code, they Could Write Tmpgenc Useing C+ but that would take rewriteing the Code from Scratch for the Most part and would take a Lot of developement and they would have to start dealing with a Whole new Batch of bugs to work out, but it would greatly increase the Encodeing spead of Tmpgenc...I don"t know why you don"t like CCE as for Mpeg2 encodeing it is well Known that it is Far superior to Tmpgenc, It"s Mpeg 1 encodeing is Not very good at all but they only added the Mpeg1 encodeing to CCE as an After thought, and the Developers didn"t even test the Mpeg1 support in CCE when they First realeased it so they didn"t even know if it would comply with Mpeg1 standards..I find CCE easy to use Fast and of Superior Quality, and it doesn"t Have any of Bugs that Tmpgenc has..So CCE doesn"t have any Good Filters or a Resize filter or any real Extra Features at all But even when I use Tmpgenc I do not use it"s Filters or It"s Extra Features Cuz AVISynth Filters are Far superior..But Hey To Each his Own...Cheers

Mr  2003-05-26 08:50:56 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I agree with Minion. You can't compare TMPG and CCE because of the way they use resources.
Just like minion says CCE is a $2000 optimized program written in totally different code to TMPG and thus use resources differently.
You can't force a program to use more ram, but what you can do is stop your system from using virtual memory which does slow things down. Seeing as you have so much ram you shouldn't need any Virtual memory at all.
Go into your virtual memory settings and disable it this should make sure your ram is used to it's full potential.

As for your dislike of CCE compared to TMPG, you are in a very small minority here. There could be a few reasons for this. Maybe you are only using CCE for MPEG1 encoding for which CCE is no good at all. CCE is designed as a commercial MPEG2 encoder. Maybe you don't like the interface, but there are ways you can use the benefits of TMPG's interface yet get the high quality and speed of CCE.
If you really are using TMPG for MPEG2 (and there is absolutely nothing wrong with TMPG's MPEG2 encoding) because you think it's better than CCE then I can only say this must be due to the fact you don't really know how to get the best from CCE.
Once you have learned how to use CCE properly you WILL see the difference in quality.

Question - TE25 - UPSIDE DOWN SCREEN No.37084
Destiny  2003-05-25 20:59:06 ( ID:dlytkqrg.ij )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hI

wHEN I SEEM TO ENCODE IN tepG ENC THEN i USE NERO TO CONVERT TO VCD I ENCOUTER 1 SMALL PROBLEM. THE SCREEN ON MY TV SHOWS THE VCD UP SIDE DOWN. THIS I GUESS IS A NERO PROBLEM

DOES ANY1 KNOW Y. PLEASE/

THANKS
DESTINY

Minion  2003-05-25 22:20:51 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Firstly why are you First encodeing with Tmpgenc and then Re-encodeing with Nero?? this will totally Ruin the Quality of the Video cuz Nero is the Worst encoder there is..If you would have first encoded the File properly in Tmpgenc then Nero would not have to re-encode the File..If you used one of the Standard VCD/SVCD templates in Tmpgenc then the File should be Fully Compliant and Nero would not have to re-encode it, and the Upside down image is a Nero Problem as I have heard of this Before with Nero...Tmpgenc encodes to VCD and Nero Just burns the File to Disk , this should only take a Few Minutes to Burn with Nero, if nero starts to encode your File again then you should stop it cuz you did something wrong in Tmpgenc....

Mr  2003-05-26 08:53:25 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

....and please stop using CAPS it breaks the rules of this BBS.

ashy  2003-05-26 08:53:52 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Gabriel Medina  2003-06-05 18:52:50 ( ID:fb31bdqqmun )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try uninstalling tMPGEnc and then reinstall it, -BUT- when it asks you what type of installation do you want, select custom, select all the filters except "Bicubic Resizer", that's the one turning your image upside down.

Question - TE25 - Divided by 0 No.37082
Lazarus  2003-05-25 17:51:30 ( ID:jtp/hhudocc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Could someone please enlighten me,i have the error message divided by 0 come up when i try to encode to mpeg1 from an avi.Many thanks. Lazarus.

ashy  2003-05-26 08:55:59 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is either a problem with the codec you are using or your AVI.
Download and install FFDSHOW then try again.

Question - TE25 - missing audio track No.37076
y2kdragon8888  2003-05-25 16:02:15 ( ID:ogcaiavb45l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am using the tmpgenc 2.5+ to convert mpeg1 file (has different left and right track audio) from ntsc to pal using the standard template but the resulting file has the same left and right track audio. How can I fix that?

Also similar audio problem (missing audio track) when I change the bitrate of mpeg1 file from 1150 to 1050kbps (ntsc to ntsc using the unlock mcf). Any suggestions?

Minion  2003-05-25 22:13:51 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

UMm, You can not Convert NTSC to Pal Properly with Tmpgenc in the First place, you will get Jumpy Playback when watching on your DVD Player, it is Extremely anoying to watch, you would have to Use something like AVISynth to to the Conversion or a Seperate Program Like Procoder or Vegas Video 4 to Convert it to Pal..As for your Audio you Should First try the "Dual Chanell" setting but if that doesn"t work you might have to Use an audio editor to Seperate the audio tracks and re mix them..

y2kdragon8888  2003-05-25 23:34:38 ( ID:ogcaiavb45l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try some other tool for the ntsc2pal conversion. I did try using the toolame as the audio engine and separately chose dual channel but neither one worked for me. It just seems strange that it will not give me dual tracks after the conversion.

ashy  2003-05-26 09:03:34 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I am using the tmpgenc 2.5+ to convert mpeg1 file (has different left and right track audio) from ntsc to pal using the standard template but the resulting file has the same left and right track audio. How can I fix that?

Are you saying that after encoding with TMPG the tracks are no longer as seperate left and right but both tracks have been mixed into both channels?
If you have used dual channel I think this is unlikely and is probably more of a problem of how you are selecting the right track when playing back.
Is this happening on your DVD player or your PC?

y2kdragon8888  2003-05-26 16:19:03 ( ID:ogcaiavb45l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes after encoding I used window media player and all three tracks (1-both channels, 2-left channel & 3-right channel) are the same. It must be something that I have done wrong in my set-up??? The two temporary files generated by toolame are identical (assuming those files XXX.mpa). Any suggestions?

ashy  2003-05-26 16:51:09 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Make sure that it's not a playback problem first and ensure any kind of sound effect such as surround sound or something similar is disabled in media player otherwise this will give the effect of mixing the channels.

If it's not a playback problem then either your original tracks are already mixed or you are making an error in your seletion.
I have encoded seperate tracks myself and it works perfectly.
First make sure the tracks you are encoding from are in wav format. Then choose dual channel. Don't use toolame, use TMPG's encoder.
If the tracks really are in seperate left and right channels in the wav then the resulting Mpeg should be exactly the same.

Bug report - TDA1 - Changing source video No.48587
Edge  2003-05-25 13:34:29 ( ID:hk9owqwsmll )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After you create a project, select your videos and look at the menus, you finish and save to work on it later. You go back and decide to change the video source in the tracks but when you go to the track select menu and try to select the displayed frame, it still shows the original video selection and you cannot update it and keep all of the other menu editing you have done.

Question - TE25 - How can i get this Plug-in? No.37072
zero_000  2003-05-25 12:21:43 ( ID:gfajt85l752 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When i try to load an AVI file at the "Video Source" tab, i get an error that says: "File 'C:...' can not open, or unsupported." I know it has something to do with the VFAPI Plug-ins, how can I get a plug-in for this video codec: "Microsoft MPEG-4 Video decompressor"?

Minion  2003-05-25 22:08:07 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You don"t need a Vfapi Plugin you probably just need to raise the Priority of the "Direct show File reader" in the "Vfapi Plugins" usually to 1 or 2 is good enough..But I have heard there is a Version of Microsoft Mpeg-4 that was made so it could not be Encoded, I don"t know if it was V1 or V3...

neo-oen  2003-05-26 07:52:56 ( ID:6ge6md4zolw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It is the V3 Codec. You have to change the Header in VirtualDub for example. I think the FourCC "DIVX" is the best in that case.

ashy  2003-05-26 09:39:34 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You don't need to change the header on anything. The original V3 MPEG4 codec from microsoft was only locked from using it to encode not to decode so there should be no problem using it in TMPG. Changing the FourCC to "DIVX" is not the answer.
The hacked version of the MS V1, MS V2, MS V3 codec is available all over the net and will allow encoding as well as decoding in ANY program.
Either way you don't need to do either. Just do as Minion suggests if that doesn't work then download FFDSHOW. This will decode ALL MPEG4 codecs.

Question - TE25 - Size limitation on avi file No.37064
videomag  2003-05-25 11:57:15 ( ID:n8ei.e/68ar )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a 4.6G avi file I am trying to encode. TMPGEnc gives me an error. Is it a size problem? If so is there a work around?

Minion  2003-05-25 22:04:04 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No there is No File size limitation in Tmpgenc, What is the error you are getting??? and What type of AVI file is it meaning the Compression used for the File?

videomag  2003-05-26 00:33:38 ( ID:n8ei.e/68ar )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I actually created the avi in Final Cut Pro3. It says the compression is DV/DVCPro. I made six files with this one being the largest at about 4.6 Gigs. I have a network between the Mac and PC and just send them to the PC and then use TMPGEnc to encode with. I have used TMPGEnc on four of the six files without having any problems. Just this one so far. I just created another AVI of the same file and after it gets done encoding a file I will retry the new file.

videomag  2003-05-26 01:16:37 ( ID:n8ei.e/68ar )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The file is a Microsoft Video file, the same as all of the other files. There is another avi file that is 3.4 megs and it encoded without any problems. I checked the properties of the problem file and compared it to the others and it is the same. It seems to be the size or something.

Minion  2003-05-26 04:25:41 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So it is Just a Plain DV AVI file, Probably Type 1 DV, You still didn"t tell me the error you are getting, Is it something like "The File is Unsupported" if so you can try raiseing the Priority of the "Direct show File reader" in the VFAPI Plugin and if that doesn"t help you can try Raiseing the "OpenDML File reader" as all DV files over 2 GB are supposed to comply with OpenDML standards...

ashy  2003-05-26 09:44:39 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

> I have a network between the Mac and PC and just send them to the PC and then use TMPGEnc to encode with.

If you mean that the files are stored on your MAC but you are networked to a PC where TMPG is located then your problem is the size of your file.

What sort of operating sytsem are you using on your PC? If it's a FAT32 partition then you cannot encode any file over 4GB due to file size limits of the operating system.
Either split the file or convert your file system to NTFS this will remove any file size limitations.

ashy  2003-05-26 09:48:42 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is one other thing you can do. You can frame serve this AVI through AVIsynth but AVIsynth only works on PC systems (as far as I know) so you would need to use a PC emulator on your Mac to install it.

videomag  2003-05-27 20:24:29 ( ID:txy34kdfezf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It may be a NTFS problem so I will have to check. I thought I had converted all of the drives but now I am not sure. I finally found the QTReader plug-in and installed it and have been trying to use the QT files. Had a problem with them in TMPGEnc. The previous error was the "unsupported file" error but I don't get it any more.

If I convert the drives to NTFS from FAT32 will I loose the data on the drive? The drives I am using are three firewire drives I haven't used in a while so they are probably FAT32.

It is taking way way too long to encode the 22 minute QT file to a mpg file. It said it was going to take 13 hours. In FCP3 I exported using the Sorenson3 codec but maybe I should have used just a QT video codec instead. I tried the FCP movie export but it wasn't recognized by TMPGEnc. It also didn't have an extension on it. Any idea which QT codec I should use?

Question - TE25 - Error Problem with Xvid ? No.37057
Destiny  2003-05-24 14:13:06 ( ID:dlytkqrg.ij )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi

Does any1 know why I keep getting the following error and how I can solve the Problem.

When I seem to encode a Xvid I seem to get an error saying

" Write error occured at address 77f536f7 of module "ntdll.dll"

Many for replying
Destiny

Minion  2003-05-24 22:11:30 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do Like I said in your Other Post ,Install the "FFDShow Decoder", it should get rid of the NTDLL.dll Error.....

chaindog  2003-05-25 12:51:11 ( ID:buuzna7mo.m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i installed that but i get the problem still!!!!!!!!
and i get that the file is unsupported!
help!

liam gibbins  2003-05-25 21:20:58 ( ID:6xcywbnjwim )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I get the same messages, i 1st installed nemo/mino ???? and git the error then i installed fddshow and it still happens.... it also gets half way through some xvids and displays a blank screen with the films sound behind it????

When trying it on my friends computer it works???

Liam

Minion  2003-05-25 22:02:47 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you also Raised the "Direct Show File reader" and have you configured the "FFDShow" to decode Xvid and DivX files???

ashy  2003-05-26 09:55:50 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First of all remove those useless goddamn codec packs from your PC which cause more problems than anything else.
Uninstall any other MPEG4 codec you have installed. Install FFDSHOW and the raise the priority of the directshow reader to 2 and ALL others to 0 in the VFAPI plugins.

If you still get the error then download and re-install TMPG. If you still continue to get arrors then the file is dodgy. You could try frame serving from Virtualdub or AVIsynth.

ashy  2003-05-26 09:56:55 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OH and make sure the option for decoding XVID is checked in FFDSHOW.

Question - TE25 - converting XVID and DIVX etc to VCD Format ? No.37055
Destiny  2003-05-24 14:08:29 ( ID:dlytkqrg.ij )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

Can any1 please quickly breif me the Process of converting Xvid and DIVx avi's etc to VCD format in TMPGEnc. ? I use to use it all the time but have forgotten as I havn't used it for so long.

I would appreciate if someone could adivise me on how to set everything up corectly... please.

Currently I have installed the Xvid codec and Power DVD. When I bowse the file and click start on Xvid files it says Invalid Pointer Oerpartion.

Some files like TMD seem to work.

Please help any1.

thanks
Destiny

Minion  2003-05-24 22:10:19 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There seems to Be a problem with Many programs and the XviD codec, I would advise you to Install the "FFDShow Decoder" instead of Useing the XviD codec to decode the File, and raiseing the "Direct show File Reader" in the "Vfapi Plugins" Might help also...Downloaded files aren"t the best Files to use to make VCD"s......

Question - TE25 - cant add subtitles anymore No.37053
Rainer  2003-05-24 14:01:29 ( ID:ch3wja83ual )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

just reinstall my pc

and sinds then i cant add subtitles anymore

i had this prob.. before but solved with a clean install i tried that again but no luck

i have the sld codec pack

what can i do pleae helpppppppppppp>>>>>>!!!!!111

Minion  2003-05-24 22:07:15 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Don"t Know anything about Vob Sub, Have you tried Useing Virtual dub and the Subtitle Plugin???

Question - TDA1 - NO Multiple Audio Tracks No.48586
Toe Knee  2003-05-24 12:48:11 ( ID:m6dojwuh92g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I used my licensed TMPGEnc Plus 2.58 to create one Video file and one Audio file that contained 2 Audio Streams. Thereafter, I imported into TMPG DVD Authoring to create a finalized DVD.

When played, the DVD has played just only one Audio Stream. (Unable to switch between VOCAL MODE and KARAOKE MODE)

Did I do something incorrectly? If I did, please tell me how to correct it.
Is TMPG DVD Authoring capable of finalizing Multiple Audio?

Thank you for your response.

Question - TE25 - VOBSUB WONT ADD SUbs No.37051
Rrr  2003-05-24 11:08:06 ( ID:ch3wja83ual )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The settings r rigth that not the problem reinstall everything i got

using sld codec pack now..

PLease Help......

direct show filter 2

Minion  2003-05-24 22:05:39 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

MoRe Info Please???

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.