Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 476 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 VOBSUB WONT ADD SUbs Rrr 1 2003-05-24 22:05:39
Question TE25 Can you use Quicktime files as a source? videomag 8 2003-05-26 04:36:16
Question TE25 No audio after encoding using TMPGenc Aligator 8 2003-05-27 11:09:01
Question TE25 Length of video isn't correct Ari 2 2003-05-24 09:31:45
Question TE25 Evaluation period does not work! Graham 4 2003-05-28 21:44:59
Question TE25 AVI to MPG - file too big - any way to reduce it? lenardzelig 0 2003-05-23 11:47:22
Question TE25 Mr lenardzelig 2 2003-05-23 23:05:20
Question TE25 Evaluation period does not work! Graham 0 2003-05-23 10:59:03
Question TE25 Direct Stream Copy ? D-J 1 2003-05-23 10:49:34
Question TE25 Evaluation period does not work! Graham 0 2003-05-23 09:03:49
Question TE25 Evaluation period does not work! Graham 1 2003-05-23 08:43:10
Question TE25 Problem with converting avi to mpeg Dezzy 5 2003-05-24 22:13:53

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 476 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - VOBSUB WONT ADD SUbs No.37051
Rrr  2003-05-24 11:08:06 ( ID:ch3wja83ual )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The settings r rigth that not the problem reinstall everything i got

using sld codec pack now..

PLease Help......

direct show filter 2

Minion  2003-05-24 22:05:39 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

MoRe Info Please???

Question - TE25 - Can you use Quicktime files as a source? No.37042
videomag  2003-05-24 04:40:24 ( ID:n8ei.e/68ar )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can you use a Quicktime movie as a source file to encode? I was told that there was a file named QTReader.vfp that allows this but I can't find it. Anyone know where I can get it?

Minion  2003-05-24 22:04:54 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can Get the QT Reader here:http://www.digital-digest.net/downloads/files/encode/QTReader.zip ..But you Might Have Problems encodeing the Audio as it iseems that it has Problems with Files Useing Quicktime 6....

videomag  2003-05-25 11:54:16 ( ID:n8ei.e/68ar )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried to go to the link and it said I wasn't allowed there. It took me to this link http://www.dvd-digest.tv/leech.html. Any suggestions?

Minion  2003-05-25 22:01:23 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well I just clicked on it and It downloaded without a problem, But I use a Download Manager called Flashget...Just go to "http://www.digital-digest.net" and Look for it there in the Tmpgenc section..If all else fails e-mail me and I"ll send it to you...

videomag  2003-05-26 02:53:20 ( ID:n8ei.e/68ar )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I went to the website and did a search. Found it and it was the same link as you gave but for some unknown reason it downloaded. I am presently trying it with a short QT file. What has been the problems with it in the past?

Minion  2003-05-26 02:57:28 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Most of the Problem with the Plugin is that it will not encode the audio from mov files made with Quicktime 6 , so if you experience this Problem you might have to use a seperate tool to extract the audio from the Mov file to wav format then use the Wav file as the audio source, Sound Forge 6 can do it....

videomag  2003-05-26 03:27:23 ( ID:n8ei.e/68ar )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I checked the encoding and when it was encoding an avi file I could see the progress on the screen but with the Quicktime file all I see is a black screen. Is this the problem you were talking about?

Minion  2003-05-26 04:20:12 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No it isn"t, Are you sure you installed the Plugin Properly?? You should know if it is installed right By going to "Options" to "Enviromental settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and see if the QT Plugin is listed, and Make sure that you raise the Priority of the Plugin to about "1" and Try disableing the Direct show Plugin, you will have to re-encble it when encodeing AVI files.You install the Plugin By putting the File that you downloaded inside the Tmpgenc install folder.If the Plugin ends up Not working you can Allways Useing AVISynth to Frameserve the Mov file to Tmpgenc But if you have never used AVISynth it would take a while to explain how it works and even longer to explain how to use it..If you are encodeing to Mpeg2 then there is an encoder that Natively supports Mov files, It is called Cinema Craft Encoder(CCE) it is extremely Fast and Most poeple say it is a better Mpeg2 encoder that Tmpgenc, i actually think it is the Best encoder and it"s Price shows it at about $2000 for it But it can be gotten for less if you get creative..You can also use a seperate Program to encode the Mov file to AVI then encode the AVI to Mpeg..If you keep haveing Problems you can e-mail me if you want...Good Luck...

videomag  2003-05-26 04:36:16 ( ID:n8ei.e/68ar )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

False alarm. The mov file was bad and was all black. Created a new mov file in FCP and it is now encoding correctly in TMPGEnc.

Question - TE25 - No audio after encoding using TMPGenc No.37033
Aligator  2003-05-24 02:35:33 ( ID:erf0.muwo/h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had recently download an avi file, i tried encoding it into mpg. Everything works fine except there is no audio. I had browse through the BBS so i tried using Virtual Dub to save audio into wav file. Then i tried opening the wav file there is nothing but silence. And i checked my other typical avi's file information, the video decompressor is Divx; Mpeg4 Low Motion, and the audio compression is Divx; Audio Compressor. While the video information of that avi file is the same as other typical avis but the audio is kind of strange.

The audio information is as the following:
Channels: 2(Stereo)
Sample Precison : 0 bit
Compression: Unknown (tag 2000)

So i sort of suspect is the audio problem but i am still unable to solve the problem. Hope there might be some solution here.

Thank you.

Minion  2003-05-24 02:59:24 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The audio is "AC3 Dolby Digital" that is what the "Tag2000" means in the File information in Virtual dub..There are No Mpeg encoders that I know of that can Properly handle AC3 audio and extracting the AC3 is going to be a Bit of a chore..What you will need is "Virtual dub" "AC3_Fix-GUI" and an AC3 decoder Like "Headac3he"..First Load your AVI into Virtual Dub, then set the Audio to "Direct stream Copy" then go to "File" to "Save Wav" then it will Extract a File with a Wav extention, then Rename the Wav file to AC3, Now Start up "AC3 Fix_GUI" and Load the "AC3" file into it and Proscess it, it will Fix the AC3 file so it is a Real AC3 Audio file, Now you can Use "Headac3he" to encode the AC3 to either WAV that you can use as the Audio source in Tmpgenc Or you can encode it to "Mp2" Audio which is the Format For VCD/SVCD and some DVD"s, after you have the MP2 audio file then Open "Tmpgenc" go to "File" to "Mpeg Tools" to "Simple Multiplex" and Load the Mpeg Video file that you encoded Before and the MP2 audio file, then Choose the Right setting From the DropDown Menu(Video_CD or Super-VCD or Mpeg1/2) and Click "Run", this will Join the Audio and Video together to a Valid Mpeg file with Audio...I guess you got this File from Downloading it off of the Net?? Downloaded Movies aren"t the Best Files to Make VCD/SVCD/DVD"s out of Because they have AC3 or VBR MP3 Audio and they Have a Habbit of haveing Errors in the Files From the Downloading Proscess...Good Luck....

Aligator  2003-05-25 02:14:40 ( ID:erf0.muwo/h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks alot, Minion. But searching for the softwares was ever more tedious than processing the audio file. I had only managed to find ac3 fix but heardache was un available. Tried downloading a few but all gave a notepad file. Is there any other ac3 encoder you can recommend? And i think the ac3 decoder from mediatwins is supreme but too bad its only a trial version.

Thanks alot

Minion  2003-05-25 21:56:59 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, You can Find "Headac3he" here: http://darkav.de.vu/ , You might have to Download the Various DLL Files with it But if you do they are at the same Site, As For AC3 Fix it is a Command line Program which are a Bitch to use if you have never used a Command line Program, That is Why I sugested the GUI(Grafic User Interface) so you can run it like a Regular Program,I couldn"t Find the AC3 Fix Gui But there is another Gui that works with AC3Fix called "AVGui" you can get it here: http://www.digital-digest.net/downloads/files/gui/avgui09.zip .. you will Need AC3 Fix with it..There are Other AC3 Decoders Becides Headac3he But it is one of the Best Quality Decoders and it can encode to Many Formats Includeing Mpeg audio...Anyways Good Luck.....

ashy  2003-05-26 10:21:44 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

For an eaier solution download AVImux. I guess the reason why minion hasn't suggested it is because there are so many simpletons out there that just don't know how to work out how to use a simple program.
Follow the instructions below.

Download here: http://www.divx-digest.com/software/avimux.html

1. Extract AVIMUX and load the AVI file into it

2. You will should see 2 streams the Video and Audio stream. Uncheck the video stream.

3. Highlight the Audio stream then right click it, choose 'select compression' then select PCM. In the next box choose - 44.100khz, 16bit, stereo 172kb/s

4. Set the audio preroll and interleave to 100.

5. Click the Output AVI button and select where you want to save the audio. Make sure you give the file a .WAV extension and not .AVI

6. Now click go. If you did everything right the result should be a wav file.

Minion  2003-05-26 21:05:20 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thats Exactly why I didn"t sugest AVI-Mux ,I have sugested it over V-Dub Many Times then Had Poeple complianing that They couldn"t get any audio out of it even after explaining how to do it..I think next time I"ll just direct them to this Post...ThanX

PS: ASHY Were have you been Stranger?

ashy  2003-05-26 22:29:24 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Had a few projects going on. One of them was building a cinema room. I can now watch all my movies on a 6ft wide screen.

Minion  2003-05-27 03:37:56 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

WOW a 6 foot screen, Are you use some sort of Projection TV Set?? I used to have one of those Projection TV"s Back in the Late 70"s and they were great But I"m sure the New Ones are better....Well It"s Good to see your Back It"s Been Lonely here as It seems that without you I"m the only one answering Questions and you are Definately Better than Me in some areas...Cheers and welcome back...

ashy  2003-05-27 11:09:01 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes it's a front projector. Just shelled out a s**t load of money for it. Once you've watched a movie on one of these things a TV just doesn't compare.
Anyway good to be back for now...

Question - TE25 - Length of video isn't correct No.37030
Ari  2003-05-24 00:37:50 ( ID:0emytwxqod6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a divx file i tried to convert to mpg1 (vcd) with TMPGEnc 2.5. It is actually about 5 minutes long but when i've selected it in TMPGEnc the programm tells me that it's length is about 17 mins. Wenn i select the start and ending frame and cut of the rest it gets back to 5 minutes, the true size. But when i try to convert it without doing this it just converts the first 5 minutes normally and adds the rest of the time with just a white screen.

What's more (don't know if this is related to this problem) is that i don't get any sound.

here the file informations i got with "gspot":
file length correct.

video format:
codec: 4CC div3; DivX 3 Low Motion
length: 00:05:45 (8,271 fr)
x,y: 640x480
bitrate: 1069
fps: 23.97

Audio format:
0x0055(MP3) ID'd as MPEG-1 Layer 3
Bitrate: 128kb/s
Fs 48000 Hz

Minion  2003-05-24 02:45:01 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Problem with Tmpgenc reporting the Wrong Length is actually a problem with the Information in the header of the AVI file, the Avi file is Telling Tmpgenc that it"s Lenght is to long, But it seemd that you have figured out the Work around..The Problem with the Audio is Common You have to extract the audio from the AVI file to Wav format and use the Wav file as the Audio source, You can do this with Virtual Dub.....

Ari  2003-05-24 09:31:45 ( ID:0emytwxqod6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hey, I really apreciate your fast answer, especially on a Saturday!
That's good customer service!

Keep going like that!

Question - TE25 - Evaluation period does not work! No.37025
Graham  2003-05-23 21:46:00 ( ID:momqdzyeghf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I installed windows XP on my system, now any time I DL the new tsunami it immediately states that the evaluation period has expired. Does tsunami not work under XP? Or are you only ollowed to ever try one version of tsunami?

Graham

Minion  2003-05-23 23:07:07 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You have Posted the Same Question Like 3 times and it was answered Just after you posted the First time...Please do not Double/Triple Post...

Graham  2003-05-28 08:33:27 ( ID:momqdzyeghf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>You have Posted the Same Question Like 3 times and it was answered Just after you posted the First time...Please do not Double/Triple Post...

I have no idea how that happened, I only posted once, other entries must have been cause by a browser refresh. My opologies nonetheless.

My problem is that Tsunami does not even work once.
And installing a NEW demo, with a new version number, when it comes out a few months later, still doesn't work.
This means I have not seen it run on XP at all.

It is my understanding that you could use at least 1 version of the demo for about 30 days? Isn't that correct?

Graham  2003-05-28 10:35:56 ( ID:momqdzyeghf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>You have Posted the Same Question Like 3 times and it was answered Just after you posted the First time...Please do not Double/Triple Post...

I have no idea how that happened, I only posted once, other entries must have been cause by a browser refresh. My opologies nonetheless.

And installing a NEW demo, with a new version number, when it comes out a few months later, still doesn't work.

It is my understanding that you could use at least 1 version of the demo for about 30 days? Isn't that correct?

Graham  2003-05-28 21:44:59 ( ID:momqdzyeghf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Question - TE25 - AVI to MPG - file too big - any way to reduce it? No.37024
lenardzelig  2003-05-23 11:47:22 ( ID:nfw16gaqiqk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry for the double post...I got confused with the "title" option :o)

I've downloaded an avi file (700MB approx.) and have used TMPGEnc to encode it to mpeg format. Only one problem - the file size is 3.3Gb. Is there any way to reduce this file size so that it will fit onto 2 VCD's?

Thank you for taking the time to answer this newbie :o)

Z.
lenardzeligathotmaildotcom

Question - TE25 - Mr No.37021
lenardzelig  2003-05-23 11:46:05 ( ID:nfw16gaqiqk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've downloaded an avi file (700MB approx.) and have used TMPGEnc to encode it to mpeg format. Only one problem - the file size is 3.3Gb. Is there any way to reduce this file size so that it will fit onto 2 VCD's?

Thank you for taking the time to answer this newbie :o)

Z.
lenardzeligathotmaildotcom

Mr  2003-05-23 19:41:03 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Mr?

Minion  2003-05-23 23:05:20 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can only fit a Max of about 80 minutes on a 700MB CD-R in VCD format, so either this Movie is Like 4 hours long or you have used a Non-Standard High Bitrate to encode it to VCD...The Size of the AVI file has Absolutly No effect on how big the Mpeg file will be, what matters is How Long the Movie is..For Standard VCD you will Need about 10 MB per Minute of VCD...
PS: you can Fit 800mb on a 700mb CD-R in VCD format...

Question - TE25 - Evaluation period does not work! No.37020
Graham  2003-05-23 10:59:03 ( ID:momqdzyeghf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I installed windows XP on my system, now any time I DL the new tsunami it immediately states that the evaluation period has expired. Does tsunami not work under XP? Or are you only ollowed to ever try one version of tsunami?

Graham

Question - TE25 - Direct Stream Copy ? No.37018
D-J  2003-05-23 09:41:43 ( ID:dcrddcjozbw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have an already encoded 1 hour mpeg1 file and need to replace the audio only, the video is fine and took a long time to encode.
Is it possible to directly copy (NOT recompress) the mpeg1 video stream and let TMPGEnc 2.57 encode and mux in a new audio stream from a wav file?

B_Racer  2003-05-23 10:49:34 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Demultiplex your Video. (File -> MPEG-Tools -> Simple Demultiplex)

Encode the new Audio Part. (No Videosource, New Audio Source -> select ES (Audio only) -> Chose sampling- and bitrate -> press Start)

Multiplex Video with new Audio. (File -> MPEG-Tools -> Multiplex. Choose Video-Stream, choose Audio Stream, choose Stream Type -> Press RUN)

Be happy.

Question - TE25 - Evaluation period does not work! No.37017
Graham  2003-05-23 09:03:49 ( ID:momqdzyeghf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

Graham

Question - TE25 - Evaluation period does not work! No.37015
Graham  2003-05-23 08:23:08 ( ID:momqdzyeghf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

Graham

Minion  2003-05-23 08:43:10 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes you are Only allowed to use the Demo one time, Once you have used the Demo once then that is it..They wouldn"t sell many Copies of Tmpgenc if once the demo ran out you could just download another copy of the demo...You can still use it for Mpeg1 VCD....

Question - TE25 - Problem with converting avi to mpeg No.37009
Dezzy  2003-05-23 03:56:45 ( ID:anr6z/olfrr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi i have windows xp home and im using TMPGEnc Plus Version 2.59.47.155 i want to convert avi to mpeg so i can make a vcd out of it..well i get the audio just no video shows up at all..any help please!!!

Minion  2003-05-23 08:38:54 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go to "Options" to Enviromental settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and Raise the "Direct show" to "2".. this should make it to there is an image in the file after encodeing..And remember that if there is No picture in the Tmpgenc window while encodeing then there will not be an image in the File....

Dezzy  2003-05-23 15:58:10 ( ID:anr6z/olfrr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

now it crashes when i switch it to 2 or 1

Minion  2003-05-23 23:08:16 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

HHmmm..What type of AVI file is it?? Meaning what Codec was it compressed with???

Raymond  2003-05-24 14:51:32 ( ID:wxrhgxlnmio )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'vo got the same problem. TMPGEnc will not encode by DV AVI files that I exported from Abobe premiere. How can this be fixed? Anyone?

Minion  2003-05-24 22:13:53 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well if you are Useing a "Direct Show DV codec" Like Microsoft DV codec then Try raiseing the "Direct show File reader" in the "Vfapi Plugins" to say "2", if the Codec is a VFW DV Codec Like MainConcept DV Codec then try raiseing the "VFW File reader"....

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.