Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 440 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 How do i get the output as a single MPG, not separate wav & m2v files? Stevieboy 1 2003-08-06 01:47:32
Question TE25 best setting for mini DV to SVCD Simon 1 2003-08-06 02:16:31
Question TE25 How do i get the output as a single MPG, not separate wav & m2v files? Stevieboy 6 2003-08-07 06:43:54
Question TE25 How do I encode smaller m2v file? young707@yahoo.com 4 2003-08-29 00:01:51
Question TE25 DVD to uncompressed format Sam 0 2003-08-06 00:07:02
Question TE25 DVD to uncompressed format Sam 4 2003-08-06 10:21:31
Question TE25 Merge and Cut Problem Sakuya 2 2003-08-06 22:36:16
Bug report TDA1 1/2 sec pause at cut point on standalone srb 1 2003-12-18 01:06:38
Bug report TE25 Correction to Dual Xeon + Hyper-Threading enabled bug report Nihil 2 2003-08-06 09:09:52
Request TE25 More modularity giba 6 2003-08-07 09:15:54
Question TE25 Codec identification- fourCC: mp43-MP43 FLY 2 2003-08-06 22:39:24
Question TE25 Corrupted AVI Sakuya 5 2003-08-06 23:04:13

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 440 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - How do i get the output as a single MPG, not separate wav & m2v files? No.38512
Stevieboy  2003-08-06 01:18:57 ( ID:zyvil8nfafr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do i get the output as a single MPG, not separate wav & m2v files?

Trying out the newer version of tmpgenc, but now the output file is useless as nerovision needs an mpg to work with, which i don't get anymore :(

Anybody know how to turn off the separate stream outputs? (it's greyed out on the final page of the wizard, so you can't just selecct that you don't want it)

Cheers

SB

Stevieboy  2003-08-06 01:47:32 ( ID:zyvil8nfafr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry for double post, this odd BBS software took my page refresh as a resubmission.

SB

Question - TE25 - best setting for mini DV to SVCD No.38510
Simon  2003-08-06 01:17:38 ( ID:bxcankxutam )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried to archive mini DV into SVCD of NTSC.
Can anyone give the best encoding setting with the highest quality in mind
for those precious moments?

One major problem I found between the original mini DV and SVCD image
quality is the color. SVCD's video color is not as good as the original.
SVCD images seem washed off and I have to adjust TV color setting to
make it better.

I don't have a DVD burner yet. So I could not really compare how much
difference it really makes. Does DVD video make so much differences in
home made video? I know SVCD images I ripped from the commercial movie
DVD is only slightly lower in quality.

Hope all of the good will experienced friends can help.

Thanks a lot.

Minion  2003-08-06 02:16:31 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well it is a Good idea to Have the Image in your DV Files cleaned up as much as possible before you encode them useing Maybe the editing Program you use to capture the Footage, and there are Color settings in Tmpgenc you can use to Change the Color or Brighten up the Images and there are Many other Filters you can use, and when it comes to Mpeg the Higher the bitrate the better the Quality will be so useing the Highest bitrate without going above the SVCD Standard would achieve the best quality but I allways use a VBR encodeing Method like CQ(Constant Quality) cuz it gives you the Quality but still keeps the File size as low as Possible..You basicly have to Experiment with some stuff before you get every thing the way you like it...good luck

Question - TE25 - How do i get the output as a single MPG, not separate wav & m2v files? No.38503
Stevieboy  2003-08-06 01:00:07 ( ID:zyvil8nfafr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do i get the output as a single MPG, not separate wav & m2v files?

Trying out the newer version of tmpgenc, but now the output file is useless as nerovision needs an mpg to work with, which i don't get anymore :(

Anybody know how to turn off the separate stream outputs? (it's greyed out on the final page of the wizard, so you can't just selecct that you don't want it)

Cheers

SB

Minion  2003-08-06 02:07:19 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You Can"t ,Pretty Much any Encoder as long as you are useing Wav as your Output audio format, You have to set it to "Mpeg 1 Layer 2" Audio then you will get a Mpeg file with Both audio and Video..But you don"t need to do that, Just encode the Wav file that you have to Mpeg 1 Layer 2 then go to "File" to "Mpeg Tools" to "Simple Multiplex" and Load the M2v video file and the Mpeg 2 audio file in and Click "Run" and it will Mux the Audio and Video together..Mostly Low end DVD authoring Programs will only accept Plain Mpeg files....

Stevieboy  2003-08-06 02:24:41 ( ID:zyvil8nfafr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ahh, so it's me being a spanner and setting the wrong input settings then, oops.

I use nerovision as it can take a fully converted mpeg and just cut it into VOB files and it's done. I tried Sonic My DVD, and it tooks HOURS and chewed up a big wack of drive space, whereas nerovision only needed about 5 gig of temp space, and the resulting files were much smaller.

IE if i feed a 4 gig mpg into nerovision, it outputs to a fraction over 4 gig, if i feed the same file into sonic My DVD (which then demuxes the file), the resulting files take up nearly 6.5 gig, and i have NO idea why ! :)

Cheers

SB

Stevieboy  2003-08-06 09:14:30 ( ID:zyvil8nfafr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ahh, so it's me being a spanner and setting the wrong input settings then, oops.

I use nerovision as it can take a fully converted mpeg and just cut it into VOB files and it's done. I tried Sonic My DVD, and it tooks HOURS and chewed up a big wack of drive space, whereas nerovision only needed about 5 gig of temp space, and the resulting files were much smaller.

IE if i feed a 4 gig mpg into nerovision, it outputs to a fraction over 4 gig, if i feed the same file into sonic My DVD (which then demuxes the file), the resulting files take up nearly 6.5 gig, and i have NO idea why ! :)

Cheers

SB

Stevieboy  2003-08-06 09:16:15 ( ID:zyvil8nfafr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hmm, ,anybody know how to refresh the page without sending the old text again? lol

sb

ashy  2003-08-06 14:45:02 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Click 'View article' at the bottom of the page.

Minion  2003-08-07 06:43:54 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well Sonic MyDVD Sucks also ,Niether of them will accept AC3 as an audio format which sort of Sucks Cuz Wav takes to much Space and Mp2 is lower Quality ...

Question - TE25 - How do I encode smaller m2v file? No.38498
young707@yahoo.com  2003-08-06 00:55:07 ( ID:qapitnmzobc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can you tell me how to encode a smaller m2v file?

I am trying to convert a PAL DVD to NTSC. The length of the PAL movie is 2 hours 14 minutes. The PAL DVD is in one DVD-5 single layer disc ripped to 4.83GB. The PAL video is interlaced, 4:3, 625 line (704x576)

I use TMPGenc to encode output movie.m2v size is 5.998 GB.
That is too big for one single DVD-R disc.

The TMPGenc setting is:
704x480 NTSC (to try to make smaller file)
Frame rate = 23.976
Automatic VBR
DC component precision: 8 bits
Motion search precision: Motion Estimate Search (fast)

What other setting in TMPGenc can I do to reduce file size to 4.9GB and maintain reasonable good quality picture?

Thank you for your advise. Jerry

Minion  2003-08-06 02:01:31 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The only way to reduce the Size of the Mpeg file is to Lower the Bitrate ,while useing the "Wizard" it will tell you what bitrate to use so that the Movie fits on a DVD-R and a Ntsc DVD has to have 29.97fps as the Framerate unless you are doing 3:2 Pulldown in a seperate Program or your authoring program supports it ,but these are the least of your Problems because You Can"t use Tmpgenc to Properly Convert Pal to Ntsc or Ntsc to Pal, If you try the Movies will have a Jumpy effect especially when there is a Lot of Movement ,you will notice it more on your TV set..You are going to Have to find a Different way of converting the Framerate unless you don"t mind the jumpy effect which some poeple don"t even notice as first, One of the Best ways is to Use AVISynth to frameserve and do the Frame rate conversion or if you have a High end video editor that has a built in encoder like Vegas video 4 or Premier then you can use it to do a Proper Frame rate conversion..I hear that when the version 3 of Tmpgenc comes out it will have Proper Frame rate conversions and many other neat features...

young707@yahoo.com  2003-08-06 03:17:25 ( ID:qapitnmzobc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I ripped the PAL DVD to VOB files. I used DVD2AVI to process the VOB files to get the d2v files and ac3 audio files. I used the TMPGenc to encode the video to get a 5.9GB m2v files. I used IfoEdit to DVD author the DVD. So far, the movie looks OK. I do not notice the jumpy part.

The TMPGenc setting, I used automatic VBR - assume this is automatic variable bitrate set by system. If I want to reduce m2v file size, should I select CBR and pick a rate such as 4000?

The input PAL has frame rate of 25, so if I use 23.97 for NTSC, the picture would be jumpy? But when I use 23.976 it would not be jumpy, right?

ashy  2003-08-06 10:07:28 ( ID:szc3d9vwiqa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

My advice would be to encode the movie to 23.976 and enable '3:2 pulldown when playback' and check the 'Do not frame rate conversion' filter under the 'Advanced' tab

This will prevent the movie from becoming jerky and will encode it to the correct NTSC framerate. This will also desync the audio so you will have to encode the video first then check it's length and then stretch the audio to match with something like Cooledit.
After that just encode the audio to MPEG and mux with the video.

If you want to avoid all this then you could use AVIsynth's CONVERTFPS command and frameserve the d2v to TMPG which will do a proper conversion and won't de-sync the audio.

cris  2003-08-29 00:01:51 ( ID:/oxq/flvabg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why do you are trying to encode with the stimate movement option fast?
If the source video have good quality, you must always use the bigger stimation, because you will get a smaller video out.

(sorry my english)
cris

Question - TE25 - DVD to uncompressed format No.38497
Sam  2003-08-06 00:07:02 ( ID:uwutq5mohs2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm trying to do a job for a client and am stuck.

I have DVD's that I need to re-encode - at the highest possible quality - as quicktime files. I need to split the files into chunks also and therefore need to make a bit-for-bit copy of each DVD which I can then save in a format I can export to something like Veedub.

I've used DVD2AVI to create files that can be read by TMPG Enc but then am stuck.

1) I used the 'fil look' cunction in AVI2DVD - how can I change the frame rate in TMPG to 23.976?

2) How can I combine the decoded vob files into a single .avi without losing quality?

3) Why can't I get any of the .avi files I make to play with audio?

Thanks in advance for helping a newbie.

Sam.

Question - TE25 - DVD to uncompressed format No.38492
Sam  2003-08-05 23:53:36 ( ID:uwutq5mohs2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm trying to do a job for a client and am stuck.

I have DVD's that I need to re-encode - at the highest possible quality - as quicktime files. I need to split the files into chunks also and therefore need to make a bit-for-bit copy of each DVD which I can then save in a format I can export to something like Veedub.

I've used DVD2AVI to create files that can be read by TMPG Enc but then am stuck.

1) I used the 'fil look' cunction in AVI2DVD - how can I change the frame rate in TMPG to 23.976?

2) How can I combine the decoded vob files into a single .avi without losing quality?

3) Why can't I get any of the .avi files I make to play with audio?

Thanks in advance for helping a newbie.

Sam.

Minion  2003-08-06 02:20:35 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I"m sorry but your Question is Very Confuseing and I can"t seem to follow it,Can you explain everything in more detail ....

Sam  2003-08-06 02:47:24 ( ID:uwutq5mohs2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I need to take all the video from a DVD, chop it into 20 minute chunks and then encode each chunk as a high quality Quicktime file.

I intend to use VirtualDub or Premiere to cut the file into sections but need the file as an AVI to load it into these programs.

How can I turn the VOB files on a DVD into a single AVI file and lose as little quality as possible? As I need to use quicktime as the final format I want to lose as little information between the DVD and the intermediate AVI as possible.

Sam.

Sam  2003-08-06 04:31:19 ( ID:uwutq5mohs2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I need to take all the video from a DVD, chop it into 20 minute chunks and then encode each chunk as a high quality Quicktime file.

I intend to use VirtualDub or Premiere to cut the file into sections but need the file as an AVI to load it into these programs.

How can I turn the VOB files on a DVD into a single AVI file and lose as little quality as possible? As I need to use quicktime as the final format I want to lose as little information between the DVD and the intermediate AVI as possible.

Sam.

ashy  2003-08-06 10:21:31 ( ID:szc3d9vwiqa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You DON'T need to create an intermediate AVI this will just lose quality and is a waste of time.
All you need to do is create a d2v and wav with DVD2AVI then load the d2v into the VFAPI converter or AVisynth. This will quickly create a suedo AVI that can be loaded into any AVI compatible program.

Question - TE25 - Merge and Cut Problem No.38489
Sakuya  2003-08-05 23:49:52 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I wanted to put 3 files onto VCD but it won't fit so I set off cutting out the ending credits and opening credits. But, it came out inaccurate! How do I get it accurately? I believe it was the same frame, but after multiplexing it, it didn't even cut the intended part (but cut another part that wasn't supposed to be cut). Is there an easier way to cut? This is what I did:

1. In "MPEG Tools>>Merge & Cut", I added the MPG I wanted to cut. I double-clicked it. On the blue scroller, I scrolled to the point where the first part ends and clicked }. Then I clicked Run.

2. Then, I go to the end of the cutted part and clicked {, then at the end of the MPG file, I clicked }. Then I clicked Run.

3. Then I use "Multiplex".

But it ended cutting the wrong part. In the scroller part, the display image isn't fast enough and doesn't show the intended video. Is there a way to make it fast enough so it works efficiently like the one in "Source Range"? And, is there an easier cutting method?

Sakuya  2003-08-06 00:00:21 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Actually for the third step, I used "Merge & Cut" to merge them together. Not "Multiplex".

Richard  2003-08-06 22:36:16 ( ID:2a3zxfdklug )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think this is because Tmpg has to start from the nearest keyframe take a look here http://www.divx.com/support/guides/guide.php?gid=14

Bug report - TDA1 - 1/2 sec pause at cut point on standalone No.48687
srb  2003-08-05 21:46:19 ( ID:kuahwndk/ek )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

DVDs played on my Philips DVD763SA Standalone DVD player pause for approx 1/2 sec at each point where I have edited the source using Tmpgenc DVD author 1.5.11.37.

When I examined the authored files with Ifoedit, it indicated a 'Layer Break'
at the edit point - I understand this to indicate a discontinuity in the PTS
timecode. I then ran VOB Extras in Ifoedit, and selected Rebuild PTS. The resulting VOB file was then burned to DVD and the pause at the cut point
nolonger occurred. Is this a bug in Tmpgenc DVD Author?

Markus  2003-12-18 01:06:38 ( ID:vypxk8cflvk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>srb ( Mail ) 2003/08/05 (Tue) 15:46 ( ID:kuahwndk/ek )
>
>DVDs played on my Philips DVD763SA Standalone DVD player pause for approx 1/2 >sec at each point where I have edited the source using Tmpgenc DVD author >1.5.11.37.
>
>When I examined the authored files with Ifoedit, it indicated a 'Layer Break'
>at the edit point - I understand this to indicate a discontinuity in the PTS
>timecode. I then ran VOB Extras in Ifoedit, and selected Rebuild PTS. The >resulting VOB file was then burned to DVD and the pause at the cut point
>nolonger occurred. Is this a bug in Tmpgenc DVD Author?

I was trying to figure this problem out as well. The bug still occurs on version 1.5.15.49. This bug might never be fixed, but at least you came up with a remedy. I appreciate that very much!

Bug report - TE25 - Correction to Dual Xeon + Hyper-Threading enabled bug report No.38486
Nihil  2003-08-05 19:05:55 ( ID:fiywzlk9noc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There was error in my first report. TMPGEnc 2.520 doesnt detect correctly 2 physical CPU. TMPGEnc only uses one physical CPU even when system have 2 physical CPU.

Minion  2003-08-05 21:29:42 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you enabled Hyper Treading in the settings???

Nihil  2003-08-06 09:09:52 ( ID:tuk7g9v3bjc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sure HT is enabled from TMPGEnc settings. Like i said in first bug report TMPGEnc says in settings "2 logical" CPU's when it should say 4 logical. Error which i made in first bug report was that i said TMPGEnc only uses 100% of CPU time when there aint other programs running but that was my brain fart that only happened with P4 + HT enabled. In Dual Xeon + HT Enabled machine CPU usage stays between 60 - 75% even if TMPGEnc is "only" running program. If someone is intrested about this bug i can provide screenshots of TMPGEnc settings & Task Manager CPU usage and information how many threads TMPGEnc is using and even collect information from SoftICE for checking assembly code & CPU registry etc values from TMPGEnc when its detecting CPU's and thread starting settings, etc.

Request - TE25 - More modularity No.38479
giba  2003-08-05 11:41:44 ( ID:294hlirfjqo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just had a main-power cut this morning.
Had to restart an encoding job that had been running for already 8 hours.
I wish TMPGenc could be able to at least restart at the begining of pass two.

ashy  2003-08-05 16:52:17 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How many other encoding programs do you know of that will actually let you do this. As a matter of fact I don't know of any, not even the really expensive ones.
If it's that important to you maybe you should invest in a backup power supply.

giba  2003-08-06 13:36:41 ( ID:294hlirfjqo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As a matter of fact, I know none ! As a programmer myself, I know it is not that complicated to realize.
But you are right. A backup power supply is probably just what I need.
Does your answer also means there is no chance TMPG will ever improve in that direction ?

ashy  2003-08-06 14:52:43 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Who knows, maybe if enough people request it, but I think it's unlikley as there are many other improvments planned for TMPG which would take precedence over this.

giba  2003-08-06 15:04:51 ( ID:294hlirfjqo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Interresting. Is there a way to know about the "many other improvments planned" ?

ashy  2003-08-06 17:57:22 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/reviews/cebit/cebit.htm

giba  2003-08-07 09:15:54 ( ID:294hlirfjqo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Many thanks.
I see, the catalog (even if it's 18 month old now) is encouraging. AC3 is a must and the reprograming to C++ would be a good thing too (with the risk of new bugs of course... but this has been said somewhere else allready).

Question - TE25 - Codec identification- fourCC: mp43-MP43 No.38476
FLY  2003-08-05 06:07:03 ( ID:ju/em6rkexk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPG can't read my AVI file. Tried to download codec, but can't find
it somewhere. Is there anything else I can to do make ik work?

Codec identification- fourCC: mp43-MP43

ashy  2003-08-05 16:40:43 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

FFDSHOW or Microsoft MPEG4 codec

Richard  2003-08-06 22:39:24 ( ID:2a3zxfdklug )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try this tool, its hlpfull http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

Question - TE25 - Corrupted AVI No.38470
Sakuya  2003-08-05 06:04:14 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there a way to get an AVI to be not corrupted? I didn't know it was corrupted until it got to that point in conversion. :( What should I do?

Minion  2003-08-05 08:17:33 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You will Know that the File is corrupt if you get an error at the same spot every time you try to encode it, There are things you can try,depending on what is wrong with the file, Like if say half way through encodeing you get an error you can Start encodeing again a few frames after were you got the first error useing the "Source Range" feature and finnish encodeing the file and Join the 2 parts together with the merge and cut..Or if it is Just a Corrupt Frame you can try useing Virtual dub to scan the file for errors then make a direct stream copy of the file and encode useing that file which should have the bad frames masked ,And there are programs like 'Divx anti Freeze" and "DivX Fix" that are supposed to fix certain errors in divx Files..You can even try frame serveing the file which might work but that is a bit advanced..well good luck

Sakuya  2003-08-05 08:42:08 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

But TMPGEnc just...converted the bad frames too. So I went and cut out the bad frames and it's not a big deal anymore. But then again, how will making a direct stream copy work? Will it remove the bad frames? What will happen to the audio? Won't there be a weird cut in the video?

Minion  2003-08-05 21:27:08 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After scanning for errors in Virtual dub it will automaticly Mask any Bad Frames and it doesn"t just cut the frame out it replaces the Bad from with the last good frame so there is no audio sync problems, This works with Direct Stream Copy....

Sakuya  2003-08-06 00:02:07 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So first I should scan video stream for errors. After that, what do I do? Do I select "Direct Stream Copy" for video and then "Save as AVI"? What about the audio?

ashy  2003-08-06 23:04:13 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes just scan then save as AVI using direct stream copy or to avoid having to create another AVI just scan for bad frames then start the TMPG framserver and framserve the AVI to TMPG.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.