Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 197 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Bug report TAW4 Menu Rendering Hangs! Casey 2 2009-03-23 16:49:24
Question TAW4 TMPGEnc authoring works 4 Abidan 3 2009-03-24 18:19:20
Question TE40 Pixelation in fast moving stuff Lloyd 1 2009-03-23 16:46:34
Question TE40 Remove Black Bars dlg1391 1 2009-03-23 16:43:43
Request TAW4 BDAV blu-ray authoring? cvxmelody 2 2009-03-21 11:47:49
Question TAW4 tmpgenc 4 works locking up??? jmeti000 1 2009-03-19 16:58:16
Question TAW4 Trying to figure out something about menus and authoring DVDs Lobotomy 1 2009-03-18 19:55:29
Question TAW4 dvdrip dual language avi files Alan 2 2009-03-20 01:45:40
Question KARMA Support pending for MKV (Matroska)? BigAlUK 0 2009-03-17 18:16:51
Question TE40 WMV conversion doublem70 4 2009-04-03 18:32:21
Question TE40 Encoding With Volume Normilzation crimanysakes 1 2010-07-31 17:54:23
Question TAW4 Sharing templates and projects in Vista Ceaser 2 2009-03-18 19:11:31

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 197 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Bug report - TAW4 - Menu Rendering Hangs! No.61885
Casey  2009-03-22 17:52:33 ( ID:egod9fifj8. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been using TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4 for a while and have never had any problems with it. but all of a sudden, when I try to render a disc, it just says: "Status: Prepearing to rendering of Top menu page #1" and nothing happens. This happens in the Batch authorer and when I try to render them one at a time in the program. I tried disabling track linking and that didn't help. Any ideas?

Casey  2009-03-22 22:54:57 ( ID:egod9fifj8. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It turns out that the problem was that the task priority was set to idle so it was just taking forever to do anything. After changing the priority to normal, the rendering returned to its normal speed.

mathewlisett  Home )  2009-03-23 16:49:24 ( ID:/mc2urzlila )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

if your running a quad core system and a good amount of memmory, i would select real time on the process s this will kick it into high high and wont damage the system

Question - TAW4 - TMPGEnc authoring works 4 No.61881
Abidan  2009-03-21 09:03:32 ( ID:x8l0zvqbgxc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can someone please help me with the audio filter section of this software program?
All I want to do is reduce the volume in a few clips of my home movie because they are too loud.
I select 'audio filters' within the editing screen, then select the volume tab and check the 'enable volume adjustment'. I select 'volume change' in the volume adjustment method and set the volume change to say 20% and click 'ok' at which point I return to the editing screen. But when I play the clip the volume is the same as before?
Other than the audio filter, I find this software far more user friendly than
Ulead, Pinnacle or encore.

Thanks in anticipation
Abidan

mathewlisett  Home )  2009-03-22 18:32:41 ( ID:/mc2urzlila )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

you would need to view the edited part in the preview tab just above the others

Abidan  2009-03-24 13:16:12 ( ID:sd2nbdhpmnk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Mathew,
There are quite a lot of variables within the audio filter options, is it as simple as using the volume slider within the preview menu and clicking ok? or do the volume changes rely on user settings within the Audio gap tab/Noise & tone reduction tab/volume adjustment tab? I have searched through the help menu and tutorial but can't find any detail regarding audio adjustment.

Thanks in advance

mathewlisett  Home )  2009-03-24 18:19:20 ( ID:/mc2urzlila )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok the cvolume slider has nothign to do with the adjustment within the video you wish to produce, thats merely the same as your pc volume.

the volume filter is the adjuster not the gap tab.

you then increase the volume by %

i tend to increase by say 200

but limit is 500%, then you press ok, or indeed go to preview tab above and listen to it and then press ok

Question - TE40 - Pixelation in fast moving stuff No.58760
Lloyd  2009-03-20 17:44:20 ( ID:1x8mwey6zwk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to convert 1080i AVCHD to Mpeg2 1280x720 for projection using 720p projectors. (I am using Watchout software to do multi-projector shows) But I am getting pixelation when subjects move fast, even when reviewing the converted videos on my computer screen. For my output, I chose a constant bit rate and a video bit rate of 18,300 kb/s.

Keeping in mind that my videos are going to be projected from my computers and NOT condensed down onto a DVD, could someone make setting suggestions for getting the best video possible when converting AVCHD to mpeg2? And of course, I am especially interested in eliminating the pixelization on fast moving subjects while maintaining the highest quality.

Thanks!

tkrave  2009-03-23 16:46:34 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use a 2-pass variable bitrate for the best image quality. If space is not a restriction, you can set the maximum and average bitrates pretty high to ensure the best quality. Keep in mind that if the source footage is already pixelated in fast-moving scenes, you probably won't be able to make it look any better.

Question - TE40 - Remove Black Bars No.58758
dlg1391  2009-03-20 13:32:10 ( ID:via/aakxsuk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to remove the black bars on a mts file and convert it to mp4 for apple tv. I am able to remove the bars but when I do the end result gives me a movie where the actors look a little funny. The movie looks like its been stretched tall. Can someone please help me with this and let me know if this is even possible to fix. I have to change the movie size to 1280x720 for apple tv.

tkrave  2009-03-23 16:43:43 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Make sure the aspect ratio is 16:9 in for your output format. You may also need to set the aspect ratio to 16:9 in the clip properties tab of the editing window.

Request - TAW4 - BDAV blu-ray authoring? No.61878
cvxmelody  2009-03-20 02:25:54 ( ID:mpwpv837utc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there any way to author BDAV blu-ray disc with TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4?

I have a Sharp BD-HP20 Blu-Ray player which only supports BDAV, and not BDMV.

It should be fairly easy to implement BDAV authoring as it is just a stripped down version of BDMV without menus.

At the moment, I am forced to use other programs to accomplish BDAV authoring (on BD-RE) but I hope that this feature can be added to TMPGEnc in the future, maybe as a plug-in or a minor upgrade.

old-hack  2009-03-20 16:41:06 ( ID:3n9k60csmcg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you can play commercially produced Bluray Movies, you are playing BDMV structured movies.

cvxmelody  2009-03-21 11:47:49 ( ID:mpwpv837utc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Sharp firmware doesn't allow BDMV on burned BD-RE or BD-R. This was also the case for many other blu-ray players a couple of years back (including Sony, etc), but support for BDMV on recordable media was added with later firmware versions.

However, Sharp hasn't gone down this route, hence BDAV remains the only format supported for BD-RE/BD-R.

Question - TAW4 - tmpgenc 4 works locking up??? No.61876
jmeti000  2009-03-19 04:37:47 ( ID:0ujsfmffvc6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just installed the 4.0.2.14 version and The program keeps locking up on me at various different stages of the authoring process. The few times i have made it to the output stage, it wont ouput anything and just gets stuck at 0%. Everytime it does this my CPU usage jumps to about 38-53% and it locks up everything!! Im running a quad core with winxp sp2, and 4 gigs of ram so I shouldnt have an issue with any of this. Anyone else havin this issue??

tkrave  2009-03-19 16:58:16 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Not sure what it could be. You may want to contact support in the meantime:

https://secure.pegasys-inc.com/support/support.php?lang=en&product_sname=taw4

Question - TAW4 - Trying to figure out something about menus and authoring DVDs No.61874
Lobotomy  2009-03-18 03:00:58 ( ID:gv.zcohh8il )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've had a look at the menu system and figured out how to make a custom menu, but I was wondering if there is a way to add the menu to an existing DVD without having to output at the end and creating a whole new DVD. I'm talking about going into the code of the ifo/bup files and just changing certain things to make it in line with what you've previously done... or am I way off here an you have to re-encode/output everything for it to work? Bit of a novice... but avid to learn it all. :)
Thanks for any help.

mathewlisett  Home )  2009-03-18 19:55:29 ( ID:/mc2urzlila )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

dvdremake pro

Question - TAW4 - dvdrip dual language avi files No.61871
Alan  2009-03-17 21:36:07 ( ID:onn8filumjr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a number of avi files which contain two different language audio tracks. I know this for a fact as I am able to choose between the two when I play the file in Media Player Classic.

How can I choose the language I want to have when I burn the file using TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4?

old-hack  2009-03-18 18:26:49 ( ID:eekvnx/bhmo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When you import your AVI files into Works, if Works recognizes multiple audio tracks, you should be able to select which audio to include for that project with a checkmark. This is what I see when I import a standard DVD with multiple audio tracks. I put checkmarks along the audio and subtitle track I want to use for that project.

Alan  2009-03-20 01:45:40 ( ID:onn8filumjr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Perhaps you could direct me to where Works 4 indicates that it recognizes multi language tracks allowing me to choose which track I want?

The fact that Media Player Classic is able to play either a Spanish OR an English track suggests to me that both tracks do exist.

Thanks,

Alan

Question - KARMA - Support pending for MKV (Matroska)? No.61373
BigAlUK  2009-03-17 18:16:51 ( ID:ez4he6vp70a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

With the extensive support provided for all kinds of files in KARMA, I was a little suprised (I admit - dissapointed) that MKV was not among them.

Is there any reason for omitting MKV, or is there a workaround / update soon?

All in all, a superb product here!

Question - TE40 - WMV conversion No.58753
doublem70  2009-03-17 11:42:56 ( ID:erxaz14xnvn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I'm Italian and I'm evaluating the trial version of your software which I think is really fine. I'm trying to convert high definition Video in FullHD or HD WMV. The encoding with my Vista 32 bit system (Intel i7 920 CPU, 3Gb DDR3 RAM and Nvidia 8800GT graphics card with Cuda driver) takes almost a day of processing to 1980 x 1080 and about 8 hours to convert a FullHD MP4 file with multichannel digital audio. For my HD test, I set the following profile: Video WMV 9 adv. pro., res. 1280 x 720, asp.ratio 1:1, 24 fps, 2 pass CBR 3850 kbs, 95% quality setted, audio 9.2 WMA Lossless 1 pass quality VBR 100 48000 kbs 5.1 ch. The file of 3.95 Gb obtained is little smooth flow with some slow. Maybe I should reduce the quality setting under 95% to obtain a WMV file with the same quality of the original file? Can You help me? Thanks

old-hack  2009-03-17 19:57:31 ( ID:uj8.dx5xch. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I do full 1920 X 1080 video and 5.1 AC3 in about 3 hours with a quad core CPU and 4 gigs ram. I only do one pass CBR on both video and audio. I use Windows Media Video 9 Advanced Profile and Windows Media Audio 10 Professional. I set the video quality at 75 under the Video tab. I set the picture quality one click to the right of +Speed under the Other tab. My file size is around 8.5 gigs.

doublem70  2009-03-18 14:30:51 ( ID:erxaz14xnvn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, thanks for Your reply, I understand my first error... different framerate from original file and output file; Yesterday I have try converting in FullHD res. another time with the same (25p)fps, with 2 pass VBR 3500 kbs avg. with 75% quality on video tab with WMV 9 adv. prof. and WMA 9.2 Lossless (XBOX 360 accept only 9 version within 4 Gb for streaming from Media Center) and 75% picture quality on the "other" tab. I've obtained a 3.99 Gb file (108 minutes of video sufficiently fluid) in 7 hours of encoding. Now I know that TMPGE is my application! Thanks

Pushloop  2009-03-26 18:03:56 ( ID:1iwhxq9dbpf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have converted 1080p mkv of over 10 gig to wmv hd at 10 gig and they stream fine though media center to a 360. I don't think there is a file size limit as such. The 360 has not been tested at bit rates over 15 mb/s though. Personally I am hoping to test this as soon as I have my avchd problem solved. I'll report back then.
Pushy

doublem70  2009-04-03 18:32:21 ( ID:embiox8umr. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, now I've new trouble, import video and audio from MKV, ffdshow don't keep Dolby Digital AC3 5.1 audio, only 2 channel stereo with defauld settings. Changing audio settings of ffdshow preview and output file are full of pulse noise! I've extract the AC3 audio with MKVextractGui application and replacing the audio source the audio is not sinchronized with video... anyone can help me? I want only a WMV HD file with Dolby Digital 5.1 audio.
Thanks, bye

Question - TE40 - Encoding With Volume Normilzation No.58752
crimanysakes  2009-03-17 06:44:20 ( ID:vlbj5ihbm5f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I only have the trial version at this time... so I may be missing something.

BUT; I have a number of clips. I want to normalize the out-of-whack between ALL the clips, not for just a specific clip at a time.

ie; if clip one is a bit low as compared with the rest of the clips, i want clip one to normalize to the same volume level as the rest. ditto if one is to loud.

i don't really see a way to say "use this clip as the base line" so that all other clips can normalize around them.

if i can do this, i'm sold. but i want to make sure i can do something along these lines.

(failing that, is there a different way of doing this?)

thanks,
--c

hannah2411  2010-07-31 17:54:23 ( ID:/sx2huzeywa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi you can change the audio volume using tmpgenc 4.0 but you have to do it one track at a time so you have to use yours ears basically to judge weather there the same, you can batch encode them together but as for editing them you have to do this one track at a time.

Question - TAW4 - Sharing templates and projects in Vista No.61868
Ceaser  2009-03-16 18:56:10 ( ID:/fqxed8ng7m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I’m an avid user of TMPGEnc authoring works for the last couple of month. I’ve found this tool to be the single best tool out there that can create pro-looking menu and quality settings. It’d so nice if future version would have integration with Photoshop. I’ve created a lot of DVD menus of old and new films.
Anyways my question is there a way to export the custom menus as template.packs so I can share them in here?
I’ve also noticed that the TMPGEnc authoring works projects created in Windows XP does not open in Windows Vista (esp. the menu file). The reason maybe the difference of path (C:\Program Files & C:\Program Files (x86).
Is it possible to keep the linked file in embedded or something?
Thanx in advance!

Ceaser

tkrave  2009-03-18 17:37:08 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can save custom menus as menu templates by clicking on the "Edit menu" button --> "Save the current menu as a new template". Make note of where you saved the template file. That file can then be shared. (I think you know all of this already)

People using your template would just have to put it in the correct directory. I've had no problems putting the template file (.tda4mt) into the Program Files\Pegasys Inc\TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4\Template directory and getting it to work on both XP and Vista.

I've found that people can also use the directory set with the "Application data save folder" setting in the Preferences. Just make a folder in that directory named "Template" and drop the template file in there. The template will then show up in the menu template list in the Menu Wizard.
So as long as the template file is where TAW4 expects template files to be, then it should work.

I don't think motion menus will work in the same way though since I don't think TAW4 will embed the video (used for backgrounds and the like) into the template file.

tkrave  2009-03-18 19:11:31 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Project files probably shouldn't be shared since the videos or any files added to the project aren't embedded in the project file.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.