Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 198 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Bug report TAW4 Batch Authoring Final task defeated kulcsart 0 2009-03-16 08:35:03
Request TAW4 Common DivX output directory in Batch Authoring kulcsart 0 2009-03-16 08:31:33
Bug report TAW4 Bad divx output file name kulcsart 0 2009-03-16 08:29:25
Question TE40 Windows 7 ? Jack 2 2009-05-08 23:20:51
Question TE40 How to converter avi to mp4 for HTC HD (800x480) zhsteve 0 2009-03-15 02:15:28
Question TMVS Cyclic reduncancy check? Stiv 1 2009-03-27 08:10:50
Question TAW4 Voice Mismatch dhanesh 1 2009-03-15 17:13:06
Question TE40 0x80048003 problem when trying to import a VOB file Rob 3 2011-10-18 10:47:30
Question TAW4 tmpgenc works 4 causing computer to turn off bertness 5 2009-03-18 19:53:40
Question TAW4 Editing Premade Templates Fael 7 2009-10-05 18:17:03
Question TAW4 Time to create proxy files from HD input CannonVol 1 2009-03-12 23:04:52
Question TE40 m. Pnj 1 2009-03-13 06:44:39

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 198 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Bug report - TAW4 - Batch Authoring Final task defeated No.61867
kulcsart  2009-03-16 08:35:03 ( ID:dkyltbi0mjm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Environment: P4 3GHz, 1GB RAM, Windows XP SP2 Hungarian language, TAW4
Situation: Batch Authoring Tool, some DivX PAL project (saved). Options/Final task=Shutdown. I start batch generating and leave the computer alone for 24 hours. Expected generating time is about 4 hours.
Symptom: After 24 hours the program still runs, with a question on the screen: "The project file has been modified. Do you want to save?" This is annoying, since the computer ought to have stopped 20 hours before.

After all, when and why has the project file been modified, moreover without my knowledge? Let's suppose, it was an important question, but the requested shutdown is anyway obligatory. In this case the program shall answer, e.g. it saves the project somehow (maybe combined with a timer and displayed countdown), then shuts down. Otherwise there's no sense in "Final task"

Request - TAW4 - Common DivX output directory in Batch Authoring No.61866
kulcsart  2009-03-16 08:31:33 ( ID:dkyltbi0mjm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Situation: DivX PAL project (saved), Output panel, Register to batch.
Symptom: An error message is displayed, if the batch list already contains one or more items, for which the same output directory was defined: "The ... folder already specified in another project in the batch authoring tool. Choose another output location".
Since the batch list contains only DivX projects, this obstructing is unnecessary - the divx files can be safely saved in the same directory.
I hope that the next version of TAW4 will have a smart handling for this case.

Bug report - TAW4 - Bad divx output file name No.61865
kulcsart  2009-03-16 08:29:25 ( ID:dkyltbi0mjm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Situation: DivX PAL project, simple menu, on the Output panel the output file name contains a comma character.
Symptom: The program performs the generating, then displays an error message: "An error occurred in the DivX. (code CW-3). Unable to parse xml file: ...". Of course, divx file can't be found anywhere. 2 hours were wasted. If a program doesn't like a file name, it would be correct for it to give a warning in due time.
Note: If "No menu", no such an issue.

Question - TE40 - Windows 7 ? No.58749
Jack  2009-03-15 13:02:25 ( ID:kzzjvltuwnc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there a way to get TMPGEnc 4 to work in windows 7? i keep getting a error and it closes down...

tkrave  2009-03-17 17:07:26 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's possible, but I'm not sure how. A user was able to use the command line to change something. Check out this thread:

http://bbs.tmpg-inc.com/bbs.php?board=en_taw4&page=3&tcnt=101#topic184

Mujeeb Siddiqui  2009-05-08 23:20:51 ( ID:yuuzgsyfmaw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>It's possible, but I'm not sure how. A user was able to use the command line to change something. Check out this thread:
>
>http://bbs.tmpg-inc.com/bbs.php?board=en_taw4&page=3&tcnt=101#topic184

Unable to find above indicated topic

Question - TE40 - How to converter avi to mp4 for HTC HD (800x480) No.58748
zhsteve  2009-03-15 02:15:28 ( ID:r//utnrtoxa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi! All:
I have a problem with MPEG4 converter for my HTC HD
HTC HD can support up to 800x480 resolution, but in TMPGEnc MP4 output, I can only set to 720x526, is it possible to set high resolution to 800x480.
And after converter avi to mp4, I found it is quite laggy to play on my HTC HD, seems H264 hardware decode is not used. So I wonder how to get a correct setting for HTC HD to hard decode mp4

Thanks a lot in advance!

Steve

Question - TMVS - Cyclic reduncancy check? No.61253
Stiv  2009-03-14 22:57:08 ( ID:gwtxfvuv/q. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Using the source wizard, and I select "Copy the selected titles to the hard disk drive", I am getting this error:

An error occurred while canceling the title copy to the hard disc drive. Please refer to the details below. Data error (cyclic redundancy check). (error code 0x80070017)

Any idea what that means? MovieStyle is useless to me now...

Stiv

spiral  2009-03-27 08:10:50 ( ID:uexq2jhhhql )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There are times when DVD-video format files (.VRO, .BUP, .IFO, VOB, ) have
special build structure or has weird data or broken, in case of import
directly from a DVD-video there are broken sectors or problems in files
specially in the .IFO files.
Please check if it happens the same with other DVD-videos.

Also try with another media disc, there are times when some data is
being ignored by some media readers.

At Windows, My computer, please try to copy the DVD (VIDEO_TS)
folder to your HDD, if it becomes a reading error it means that the
recording(copying to disc) is bad, or your DVD media is corrupted, weird,
has some kind of protection, or was wrong or special created data.

- Or... try to drag & drop the .VRO or .IFO file manually and check
about it.

-Or... please try this:
-At Source stage click "Add" button.
-From the file browser choose the folder where your .VRO file is
and select "All files (*.*)" option.
-Choose a > .VRO file and click "Open".
-There will come out a warning message, please click "No".
-then try again to convert it.

- Or... you could try to use an "IFO repair software", search or it
with this keywords in Google or other portal.

Question - TAW4 - Voice Mismatch No.61863
dhanesh  2009-03-14 10:58:03 ( ID:vxhtqhsynwf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

I am trying to write a DVD using TMPGEnc 4. The problem is that once the software created the DVD files the voice no longer matches the video and has a lag of 2 to 3 seconds. However, the voice is matching in the original video.

What can I do to solve this problem?

Thanks in Advance

-D

Mario  2009-03-15 17:13:06 ( ID:mct8vinu/in )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You must be using .AVI right?...convert it to .mpeg...if the .mpeg is in sinc...build the dvd and it will be ok...

Question - TE40 - 0x80048003 problem when trying to import a VOB file No.58746
Rob  2009-03-13 18:32:50 ( ID:lkx6ho52zaw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Wondering if anyone else has had this strange issue.

I am in the process of encoding my whole movie collection and there are two movies giving me the same issue.

I use anydvd and clonedvd to make a copy of the movie in DVD file structure format, I then import the VOB's into TMPGEnc 4.0 express 4.6.3.268 and with both of these movies I get the error code, "Unsupported file. (error code 0x80048003)".

Mind you, I've imported over 100 movies the same exact way and its only these two. They are both Jason Statham movies (War and Transporter 3).

Rob  2009-04-07 18:32:12 ( ID:sysxrvfzszg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just happened again with "The Condemned" and "Hancock". Has anyone else run into this issue?

7  2011-10-18 10:39:56 ( ID:vrrtquvhzr2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Good luck. it happens to me too sometimes. Not sure why. 1 out of 30 movies.

tkrave  2011-10-18 10:47:30 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Maybe try a different method.

Use DVD Shrink to rip the DVD and remove copy-protection. Import that backup into XPress.

Question - TAW4 - tmpgenc works 4 causing computer to turn off No.61857
bertness  2009-03-12 16:52:33 ( ID:rujgmiwyyb6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I installed the trial of works 4 and I can open it and make menus but when I try to create the dvd it get to around 5% of encoding and then my computer crashes and turns off. I have adobe sofdtware as well as nero 8 and tmpgenc express 4 installed, I am also using the k-lite codec pack. Here are the 2 application events that happen before the computer restarts. Please help me out as I really like tmpgenc's dvd encoder software.

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Bonjour Service
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1
Date: 3/12/2009
Time: 10:28:30 AM
User: N/A
Computer: B-H3SEQR0WTY2EI
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( Bonjour Service ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: mDNSResponder started
Event Type: Information
Event Source: avg8emc
Event ID: 1
Time: 10:28:33 AM
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( avg8emc ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.

tkrave  2009-03-12 17:26:26 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try disabling AVG and Bonjour before you start up Authoring Works 4 and see if that stops the crashes.

bertness  2009-03-12 22:04:06 ( ID:rujgmiwyyb6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Disabled avg and bonjour and it did not solve the problem. Right when the computer restarts I am getting an application event security center started, then system events Event
Type: Information
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event ID: 7036
Time: 3:54:37 PM
Description:
The IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service service entered the stopped state.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

fallowed by Event Type: Information
Time: 3:55:32 PM
Description:
The Telephony service entered the running state.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Event ID: 7035
Time: 3:55:32 PM
User: B-H3SEQR0WTY2EI\b
Description:
The Remote Access Connection Manager service was successfully sent a start control.

Time: 3:55:33 PM
Description:
The Remote Access Connection Manager service entered the running state.

and then the computer restarts, I think it might be an encoding problem in genral but am not sure, gonna do some tests, any ideas?

bertness  2009-03-12 23:03:54 ( ID:rujgmiwyyb6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

used cs3 cleaner and removed all adobe software and now it works so their is an issue with adobe software and tmpgenc works4. I did also disable my computer browser but I am sure that was not the problem, I will test it though.

So does anyone know about issues with adobe cs3 software and works 4?

Zach Bartels  Home )  2009-03-14 19:56:04 ( ID:6omlo7bcvag )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't know about CS3 specifically but I have never had an issue with Adobe software and TMPGenc software. I've used multiple apps and the CS2 and CS4 (current) suite of programs with no problems whatsoever.

mathewlisett  Home )  2009-03-18 19:53:40 ( ID:/mc2urzlila )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had the same issue, found it was becuase the northbrdieg on the motherboard was overheating.

thankfully most of the system was watercooled, so i simply watercooled the northbridge which took the temp from 71* to 21

sorted

Question - TAW4 - Editing Premade Templates No.61849
Fael  2009-03-12 16:39:28 ( ID:/w1l89nf/qr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is it possible to edit the premade templates ? How can we unlock the menu item ?

tkrave  2009-03-12 17:15:57 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's not possible to edit the premade templates.

Fael  2009-03-12 17:34:41 ( ID:/w1l89nf/qr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

that, doesnt make any sense... whats the purpose then, having a menu saying top menu, title this title that, whats the problem resizing the frames, or changing the text...

tkrave  2009-03-12 21:34:09 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well you can change the title and chapter names, but you can't move around the buttons and resize thumbnails for premade templates.

Just create a custom menu if you want full control over everything.

dave  2009-05-19 20:10:20 ( ID:psknjdxmnv2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thats really bulls... For what are the Templates good if we cannot edit them? Are they just for saying "hello, yes you cannot!" ?

xxxx4  2009-09-01 09:05:24 ( ID:srwbina7f3j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is truly outrageous. This alone makes me question if I will EVER buy another TMPGEnc product. Believe this also. I will be advising all of my friends and business acquaintances of this horrible decision of TMPGEnc's. I will also be making doubly sure that I make an effort to inform all persons frequenting the forums I visit and those include a heck of a lot of video enthusiast boards. I repeat. This is an outrageously flawed decision (and it IS a decision) and will cost this company dearly in the pocket book. To insult the user by trying to make people believe they can't correct this is frankly ludicrous. I's obviously a control issue and a lame attempt to have people buy more of their incredibly lousy templates that have the aesthetic taste only a blind man could appreciate. I just can't believe it. I spend all this money on a program only to be jacked in the end.

Wilfredo  2009-10-03 18:33:57 ( ID:6kgnkpdslu. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I agree. Menu Templates should be editable.

Or, don't call them "templates", because templates are supposed to be edited. A template is a base design to start building a menu, you must have the option to move buttons as pleased.

W.

tkrave  2009-10-05 18:17:03 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do you guys really like the premade templates?

Because honestly, I don't think they're THAT good. It's like crying over spilled milk that's gone sour.

If you want to make a specific menu layout, just use the custom menu feature. Key word there is CUSTOM. Seriously. If you have no graphic skills, just go on the web and find some cool desktop backgrounds and use them as menu backgrounds. That alone would be loads better than the premade templates. Set your own custom layout, move shit around wherever you like. Is that so hard?

I only use the premade templates when I need to make a menu in 1 or 2 minutes, which I believe is what they're intended for--a quick and dirty menu solution if you don't have time or know-how.

That's just me though. If you think they're awesome then I can see why you'd be upset.

Question - TAW4 - Time to create proxy files from HD input No.61847
CannonVol  2009-03-12 04:15:23 ( ID:xqimxkfujo2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What is normal for time for creation of a proxy file from an H.264 base file? I have a recording of approximately 2.5 hours and it has taken up to 6 hours to create a proxy file for editing. This seems extraordinarily long and I am concerned that I am doing something wrong.

bertness  2009-03-12 23:04:52 ( ID:rujgmiwyyb6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

skip the proxy, not needed, just add the file to the project!

Question - TE40 - m. No.58744
Pnj  2009-03-12 01:17:57 ( ID:g7rbqxb6oxm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

An error has occurred in the script on this page.
Line: 80
Char: 8
Error: Object doesnt support this property or method.
Code: 0
URL: mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files\Pegasys%20Inc\TMP GEng%204.0%20
XPress\Help\TMPGEng4XPress.en.chm::/00000.html
Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
yes/no

This happens when trying to open the help file? Am I the only one this is happening to?

spiral  2009-03-13 06:44:39 ( ID:uexq2jhhhql )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Xpress 4 Help file was created with Adobe Acrobat technology,
so you may need to update your Acrobat Reader to newest version.
good luck

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.