TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 17 / 40 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Any plans for a "Lite" version? Chris 0 2013-02-05 04:38:35
Question Replacing audio track - smart render video Bob A 2 2013-02-12 19:45:59
Question periodic license validation Rooby 1 2013-01-29 08:10:34
Question Renderless Trimming chicodon 1 2013-01-29 07:53:53
Question HI10P support geneariani 2 2013-03-07 03:45:34
Question Key Suspension vishald 1 2013-01-17 06:06:14
Bug report Source Wizard - From files no longer works correctly yoicks 1 2013-01-05 06:27:20
Question Codec for AVI cartobon 1 2014-11-28 12:54:37
Question Rendering one file into multiple videos Wolfskin 2 2013-01-04 07:13:59
Question MPEG 2 slow encoding slipstream 3 2013-01-03 22:22:45
Question Video Mastering Works 5 Inhibits Screensaver While Encoding wepprop 1 2012-12-27 17:26:17
Question tmpgencvmw5encoder.exe cannot be launched marose1 1 2012-12-30 16:47:01

TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 17 / 40 ]   Next > >>
Question - Any plans for a "Lite" version? No.67285
Chris  2013-02-05 04:38:35 ( ID:kjrizos.ao2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've been looking for an editor for game videos taken with Fraps, and this is the best one I've found so far. However, the price is high for my modest needs. Are there any plans in the works for a cheaper version?

Question - Replacing audio track - smart render video No.67273
Bob A  2013-01-31 19:17:11 ( ID:3wig4qt35qa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I shoot live music performances. Audio track is produced separately after multi-track live recording and mixing etc. Then I use that audio track and sync it with video. Only the start and end of the video are clipped to match the length with the audio track. Rest of the video remains untouched.
I do not like the video to be rendered again. Is it possible to smart render the video with new audio? Is any other TMPGEnc product capable of doing that?
Thanks!

Persen  2013-02-11 20:13:18 ( ID:as4qxzcqqln )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't think so, because what you are doing does normally require re-encoding, even in other video editors.

Bob A  2013-02-12 19:45:59 ( ID:cyn7hl5ktzf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It would be nice if Mastering Works also had the Smart rendering feature. Whenever possible, the option to Smart Render could appear at the Encode step. A situation where one clips only the beginning and the end, or clips some portion of the video, the rest of the video could be Smart rendered barring the transitions. Or, in my case where I have to replace the audio also needs just Smart rendering of the video.
Thanks.

Question - periodic license validation No.67251
Rooby  2013-01-23 16:43:50 ( ID:b7zjukuawvj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

I plan to buy this SW but I have read that there will be a periodic license activation. Unfortunately I did not find much about this.
I plan to use it on my Notebook where I do not have always an internet connection since I'm travelling and work on different places.
Could it be happen that I want to start the program and it refuses to work since I just have no internet connection? If so then this would make it unusable. Or is there something like a counter where I can see when it will do next activation or even force it? I need to know it in advance to make a decision if I will buy it.

tkrave  2013-01-29 08:10:34 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, the software could ask to validate when you are on the road, so be aware of that risk. It requires an internet connection to validate maybe once or twice a month...not too sure since I don't keep track though so it could be more or less than that.

There is no counter so you won't know when it will ask to validate and I haven't taken the time to figure out if there is a pattern. There is no built-in way to force a validation, but I think if you rename the license file it will bring up the validation window.

Question - Renderless Trimming No.67218
chicodon  2013-01-20 01:55:27 ( ID:icamipyabcf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've used TMPGenc products for years. I have some h264 AVI files I have captured with an Avermedia device. I want to trim the beginning by about a minute and the ending by about the same amount. I don't want to render the result i.e. no conversion. There is a product called Smart Cutter that will accomplish this very quickly on h264 TS files but I've found nothing that will do this with AVI. Can Mastering Works do this? Thanks!

tkrave  2013-01-29 07:53:53 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No, Video Mastering Works 5 cannot do this; it is a video conversion tool so it is meant to re-encode everything.

MPEG Smart Renderer 4 can output h.264 video without re-encoding, but I don't know if it will be able to read an .avi file. Download the trial and see if it works.
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/download/tmsr4.html

Question - HI10P support No.67216
geneariani  2013-01-18 09:36:09 ( ID:8w.eeuket1r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there anyway to import H.264 HI10P 10 bit encoded video?

Thanks

smartfinder  Home )  2013-02-10 16:08:00 ( ID:qdm08jb1tfc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Seria genial como alternativa en eficiencia similar a h265, el ahorro de tamaño del codec H264 HI10P en Anime es impresionante.

Y quien sabe si en el futuro cercano tengamos x265 o "Spursengine-2" para codificar y decodificar por acceleracion hardware en h265 y Ultra Alta definicion.

Talvez lo veamos en un TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 6.

geneariani  2013-03-07 03:45:34 ( ID:f01qy2tvmu2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks. I have already send a sample to Pegasys technical team for review. Hopefully they will implement it in the net version

Question - Key Suspension No.67211
vishald  2013-01-16 17:16:33 ( ID:hkiptxmxdpa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Our company head (Mr. Niranjan Dusane, email - dusanen@gmail.com) had purchased 5 new licenses of TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 (English) for our new project requirement.

We are testing this product on 10-12 different desktops (Win 7 Prof, 64-bit). So we had put a single key on 2-3 desktops. But we run only 4-5 systems in parallel at any point of time.

We had observed that in last 1 month out of 5 keys 3 were suspended. So we are left with only 2 keys. Due to this we are not able to perform our testing properly..

Requesting you to identify the suspended keys & activate them immediately, so that our full testing can start.

Depending on this test results, we would take a decision to buy another 15-20 licenses of this software in next 3-4 weeks..

Requesting you to remove this suspension immediately

tkrave  2013-01-17 06:06:14 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You should contact support; this forum is just users helping other users.

http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/support/support.html

Bug report - Source Wizard - From files no longer works correctly No.67173
yoicks  2013-01-04 07:40:57 ( ID:uw68h/cmxba )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In the latest release 5.3.1.85, the "from files" source wizard is no longer working correctly. Regardless of the number of images in a folder, the source wizard sets the number of frames to 300, and only uses one image. Previous versions referenced all images in the folder of the file selected. Has this feature changed or is this a new bug introduced? If this is a new feature, how does one create a video from individual frame images?

tkrave  2013-01-05 06:27:20 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can you explain what you're trying to do?
It sounds like you only selected one image for import.
The default duration for an image clip is 10 seconds; at 30fps, that's 300 frames.

As far as I can remember, it was never possible to select a folder as your source using the "from files" option. You have to use the "from pictures as a slideshow" option to import an entire folder.

Question - Codec for AVI No.67157
cartobon  2013-01-01 07:48:34 ( ID:vfrit7b6mm. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Dear Everybody

I wonder if someone can help me to discover which is the best codec to convert in .AVI file because I've been trying JPeg, Radius and Intel and the final result over the clip is not good; a lot granulation and many pixels. The source is .AVI
My O/S is Win XP Pro SP3; Intel Pentium CPU 2.80GHz, 4.00 GHz in RAM

Thanks
Carlos

tkrave  2013-01-04 05:14:22 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need to find out what the video codec is first. AVI is a container format, so the video stream can be anything. Use a program like MediaInfo to find out what the video codec is and then download the appropriate codec.

Question - Rendering one file into multiple videos No.67149
Wolfskin  2012-12-27 04:47:21 ( ID:njhi9e1cfbn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey folks,

I have got a problem. I have a clip that I need to split into several shorter clips. Splitting itself isn't the hard part - I figured that out and now I have multiple clips. But when I come to render the file - it will still produce the one huge video, right?

Is there an easy way to render that project into several video clips? And if not - how does the harder way look like? Just save the project, cut out all the other parts and then render the first part, then load again, cut the unwanted and render the second and so on?

Any help is appreciated!

tkrave  2013-01-04 05:11:09 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are editing in Normal mode, there is an option in the Format Stage called "File Output Mode". There, you can select the option to output each clip as a separate file.

If you are editing in Timeline mode, you will need to put each clip into its own layer. You can then easily isolate a single layer by activating the Single Mode button (the "S" button for that layer). I'd suggest using the batch output for this method because you will need to go through the Format and Output stage for each layer you want to output.

Wolfskin  2013-01-04 07:13:59 ( ID:njhi9e1cfbn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Woah, thank you very much, your help is appreciated!

Question - MPEG 2 slow encoding No.67146
slipstream  2012-12-27 00:24:48 ( ID:zhnp3q5ecal )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Before buying TMPGEnc VMW5 i used 4.0 version. The problem is that DMW4 way faster encoded do DVD from oryginal mpg format than newest version I've installed on the same system.

It seems to force encoding each file, when DMW4 used (I think) original mpg to burn on disc (of course when it fits media without any compression to 4,7 GB). For example VMW5 encode 30minutes mpg approx. 30 minutes when VMW4 encoded in only few minutes.

What's the difference or when I have to search appropriate setting.

tkrave  2013-01-03 04:40:09 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think you bought the wrong software. It sounds like the older software you're describing is TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4. You should have bought Authoring Works 5, not Video Mastering Works 5. TVMW5 is an encoder/converter, so it re-encodes everything.

slipstream  2013-01-03 22:20:03 ( ID:9nkhepgsn/h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think I bought right software. I have trial of Authoring Works 4and when i decided to buy it was to late becouse version 5 appers, so I bought Authoring Works 5.

Problem is tahat, I'm recording from TV with Pinnacle software which record in mpeg format. In version 4 I made approx 1,5h DVD disc from this recorded source in just few minutes, and with version 5 the same disc is made nearly 2 hours!

It looks like ver.4 didn't encode source when it fits to disc without compression to disc size, and ver.5 endode all source material. It's frustrating to be honest and much dissapointing when you buy software.

slipstream  2013-01-03 22:22:45 ( ID:9nkhepgsn/h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, never mind. Now I see I wrote my problem on wrong forum. Sorry for taking time.

Question - Video Mastering Works 5 Inhibits Screensaver While Encoding No.67089
wepprop  2012-12-08 05:58:16 ( ID:i2yoksrsujm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Video Mastering Works 5 inhibits / disables the screensaver while encoding. This on Windows 7. Does anyone know how to prevent VMW5 from inhibiting the screensaver?

Wolfskin  2012-12-27 17:26:17 ( ID:njhi9e1cfbn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do you use the preview function? This could prevent your computer from acknowleding the stand by mode. It is just a guess, though.

Might sound cheesy - but why not simply turn off the monitor while TMPGEnc is working?

Question - tmpgencvmw5encoder.exe cannot be launched No.67076
marose1  2012-12-04 14:24:23 ( ID:bwzg5wxnhbm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have TVMW5.1.3.85 and TAW5 installed on my windows 7 64-bit computer. Recently, when I tried to convert an mp4 file to mpeg-2 format, I got the following error message: "tmpgencvmw5encoder.exe cannot be launched as a stand-alone application"

I re-downloaded and re-installed TVMW5 and it did not fix the problem. What am I doing wrong?

RandyW  2012-12-30 16:47:01 ( ID:pvtgvne9lkw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Delete or rename the file TMPGEncVMW5Encoder.exe
Then re-install or repair the installation. The correct TMPGEncVMW5Encoder.exe file for this version has a file size of 245 KB and a date of 9/5/2012

or remove the old version before installing the new

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.