TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 31 / 40 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Windows MovieMaker twice as fast? TF 1 2011-08-09 02:13:48
Question DTS + automatic resize Onceler 4 2012-11-08 16:47:10
Question Increase Performance to join clips Janaka 2 2011-07-27 16:42:33
Question Converted Files cutting off at end gordoncanada 4 2011-08-09 04:09:01
Question .MOV format playback jerky Hagi 1 2011-07-22 12:53:31
Bug report MDV with DTS 6 channel sverkalo 1 2011-07-22 02:36:47
Question TS Export, Smart Rendering (no recompess) Dee 2 2011-08-06 20:00:16
Bug report MKV from MKV sverkalo 0 2011-07-19 00:55:19
Question Can't I convert my file to flash format u2janet2u 1 2011-07-19 03:05:33
Request Cuda @mpeg4 file sverkalo 4 2011-07-19 16:02:42
Question Sandy Bridge hardware encoding not working properly vsol 2 2011-07-14 12:55:14
Question Uncompressed MKV _JBP_ 2 2014-05-15 05:41:17

TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 31 / 40 ]   Next > >>
Question - Windows MovieMaker twice as fast? No.65030
TF  2011-08-06 02:18:27 ( ID:yyf9xwk7awf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

I have a Sony HD camcorder (1440x1080) and my goal is to combine all of the segments into a single file and keep the same quality of the source MTS files.

System
* 32-bit Win7 w/ 4GB RAM (Dual Core 1.83Ghz Intel Core2)
* Windows Live Moviemaker and TMPGEnc Video Masterworks 5 are installed
* No other software installed

Results: Windows Live MovieMaker
* When I do this with Windows Live MovieMaker (on Win7), it takes about 24hrs to complete 2hrs worth of video (again, MovieMaker is keeping the resolution).
* The output file is WMV

Results: TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 (v5.0.6.38)
* It takes 48hrs to complete whether the output file is WMV or MPG
* Filter Settings: Tried de-interlace when necessary & always (takes the same amount of time)
* Bitrate: I have tried various bitrate levels (25,000 down to 5,000) - it still takes 2 days.
* Also tried CBR 1-pass and 2-pass as well as VBR settings
* When outputting to WMV, I tried various quality levels

*** Question ***
* Outside of purchasing faster HW, is there anything I can do to speed up TMPGEnc for this? I can't figure out why MovieMaker is 2x as fast - especially since I am using a limited # of filters (de-interlace).
* I'm open to outputing to almost any format if that will help

Thanks!

tkrave  2011-08-09 02:13:48 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There should be a difference in speed between MPEG2 and WMV output. If they are both the same, then something else is limiting the speed. Are these videos on your internal hard drive or are they being read from an external source? Try doing some test outputs with a shorter video (like 1 or 2 minutes long); that way you don't have to waste two days waiting for the output. What are the output settings in Windows MovieMaker?

Question - DTS + automatic resize No.65005
Onceler  2011-07-27 06:44:01 ( ID:f7onq6owg2m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

will this product ever support importing from sources that have dts audio and will it ever have automatic resize to cut the black bars from bluray when making an MKV without having to purchase yet another version of this product to do so?

tkrave  2011-07-29 02:54:42 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

DTS audio might come later; I don't know for sure though. If it does come within this version, the update will probably be free.

As for resizing, there isn't an automatic resize option, but you can do it manually with the resize and crop filters.

Reg32  2011-08-01 08:51:31 ( ID:atdufqnp78o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

people have been asking for AutoResize (AutoCrop) for ages,

version 2, no
version 3, no
version 4, no again.

version 5, no again.

an option that you will find in nearly ALL!!!! open source converting software, and yet this commercial product does not have it STILL!!!

it is off my opinion that the developers should feel ashamed of themselves for still not have such a basic yet so important feature.

programs that have autocrop (confirmed)

FairUse Wizard
MeGUI
Nero
StaxRip
Handbrake (VidCoder)
BD Rebuilder
BDtoAVCHD
AVCHDCoder
XviD4PSP

the above are ones that i have confirmed, there are many more though that do have it, it's a basic feature that is standard in most video conversion software, even NERO has it, and there usually behind in such things....not so behind in this situation.

for several years we have been waiting for autocrop.... and NOTHING, manual cropping....what a joke.

DMXTS  2011-08-29 07:22:47 ( ID:ul53wt.xs1. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

LOL - that autocropping feature of those freeware softs has some shortcomings.

And it does not take that long to adjust the cropping to your video.

BTW, TVMW5 CAN import video source files with DTS (through the DirectShow filter of course)- you can create a file with only the video and then use the MKVToolnix to load your files and select the audio-video tracks you wish and mux it into an mkv.

BUT, I also get the point: as a customer of this software, for $99 I would expect a bit more interest from the developers to implement highly requested features.

Reg32  2012-11-08 16:47:10 ( ID:atdufqnp78o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

"And it does not take that long to adjust the cropping to your video."

you are joking me right, clearly you have never tried doing a Episodic series have you!

Startrek DS9 - 176 Episodes (each one needing there own autodrop values)
" TNG - 178 Episodes (each one needing there own autodrop values)
" Voyager 172 Episodes (each one needing there own autodrop values)

Stargate-SG1 - 214 Episodes (each one needing there own autodrop values)

need i go on, TMPGEnc products makes the above projects futile, you just can't do them because having to manually crop each episode (which must be done as each episode requires different crop values from each other) is completely absurd, which i'm sorry to say even still now 08/11/12 with there lastest version still no "Autocrop" function.....

"And it does not take that long to adjust the cropping to your video."

take that time and now mutiply it by 740 times if one would do the above project.... now what was it you were saying about time and cropping manually!

WE NEED A AUTOCROP FOR THIS PRODUCT....... WHY HAS IT STILL NOT BEEN DONE

(there are other forum members around that laugh at this FACT, yet can you really blame them)

Question - Increase Performance to join clips No.65000
Janaka  2011-07-26 13:18:23 ( ID:kc.eixygfbm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I'm not sure whether this has been addressed somewhere else in this forum. I'm trying to join 1280 X 720/60fps clips (100s of them ) in to single file, just 2 hr video. TMVMW5 is taking 25 hrs (more than a day to complete this) which is very long. Only issue I'm using Intel mobile processor and 4G ram. Is there anything I can do to improve this ? I have tried other options to run it in highest priority without significant improvement. Thanks for any help.

tkrave  2011-07-27 05:53:14 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Getting a better/faster processor will help the most I'd say.

For instance, if I use my old P4 3GHz, it takes over an hour to convert 6 minutes of 1080p video with deinterlace, fade-in/out filters applied. If I use a i7, it's practically real-time. A CUDA graphics card might also help, but only if you are applying filters or using the CUDA encoder.

Janaka  2011-07-27 16:42:33 ( ID:p.9n4sy01qg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you so much for the reply,
The processor is Intel Core 2 Duo U9400 1.4 GHz. But no CUDA. No filters applied just default deinterlace & join. I thought there should be a configuration to speed it up.

Question - Converted Files cutting off at end No.64995
gordoncanada  2011-07-23 11:30:37 ( ID:.g5g8jv545o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Lately I have been finding that the videos I convert from wtv to mp4 are cutting off near the end when I watch them while streaming to a PS3. At first I thought it was a streaming problem. But when I check the files in question on the computer's player (Media Player Classic), the converted videos freeze and only play the frozen frame for the duration of the video. I edit the commercials out using Masterworks 5, so I know the original files are good. The problem happens in the conversion process, and I don't always watch the file right away. What a pain. Has anybody got any ideas what I should do to figure out what's happening?
Thanks, Gordon

gordoncanada  2011-07-23 21:44:05 ( ID:.g5g8jv545o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have now learned that all the videos I have converted using VideoMasterworks 5 since loading the program on my newly built computer have frozen in the above manner. It took me all night to find them all. Most were converted to mp4 (625X352, 23.976 fps, 1:1 pixel ratio, full screen no bars). It also happened to one that I converted as Divx. What could this be? My hardware includes a 2ed generation Core i5 2500k processor, Z68 Extreme motherboard (slot 1155), 8 gigs of Kingston RAM, and I am using built in processor video. This was all newly released hardware when I got it in May. I am slso using Core AVC 2.5.5 as a codec.
Interestingly, VideoRedo can convert a wtv file with the commercials edited out to an mp4 with the same resolution setting with no problem.
Please, can anyone help me? It seems to be a function of Masterworks 5.

tkrave  2011-07-27 05:48:28 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does it cut off at the same point for all videos? Does it occur at a cut point? How are you editing these videos?

Do you convert them to DVRMS when importing?

gordoncanada  2011-08-02 11:07:26 ( ID:.g5g8jv545o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had to delete 60 videos that I converted with Video Masterworks 5 since I purchased it. I thought the upgraded program would be able to import wtv files, but it can't. That's why the videos freeze (usually around 20 minutes, no matter what format they are converted to). If they are converted to dvrms first, this freezing doesn't happen. Is this a flaw in the program? Is anyone else having this experience?
Thanks, Gordon

tkrave  2011-08-09 04:09:01 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If they are freezing, but not when converted to dvrms, that means the signal is bad at the point where it freezes, but not bad enough that the dvrms conversion can't take place. If the signal is really really bad, it won't even be able to convert to dvrms and you'll get an error. I've converted tons of wtv files so I know that wtv import is possible; whenever there is a problem it is because the source file is bad or the video was broadcast as H.264 (which TVMW5 can't import at all).

If you use the cut editor, you can usually see where the signal is bad in the thumbnail navigator strip. There will be a visual break and thumbnails won't appear for the bad section. You can cut out the bad section to avoid freezing, but of course, you will lose that scene where the signal is bad.

If you're using an over-the-air antenna, you may need to find a more optimal position to get a better signal.

Question - .MOV format playback jerky No.64991
Hagi  2011-07-22 09:08:54 ( ID:7ywoni0chhl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I recently installed TMPGEnc video mastering works 5 and I have the panasonic hmc150 that produces AVCHD (.mts files), when I installed the software, I was able to produce .mov(using the avid codec dnxhd) file from my .mts clip, it played back smoothly, and I was able to use it in my avid and finally created a dvd out of it.
Ok fast forward to my problem, I wanted to create another project for another event that I shoot, so I went through the same settings in creating the .mov, but to my surprise, the playback is jerky/strobing, it does not seem like an artifact but playback is not smooth at all.
I thought it was due to my computer(6-core 2x 2.9Ghz, 12GB ram), so I create a dvd and the same jerky(it feels like it is moving frame by frame) playback is seen on my dvd player

Hagi  2011-07-22 12:53:31 ( ID:7ywoni0chhl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Update, I have found the cause of the jerky playback. It was due to the CUDA being enabled with the filter, and I had also set mpeg1,2 for the CUDA hardware. I have the quadro 4000, so I thought the CUDA would be nice, but I guessed wrong, after disabling it, the file transcoded and played back smoothly. I am not sure if this is a bug in the current version.
BTW I have 6-core 2x 2.9Ghz with 12GB ram with windows 7 pro 64bit

Bug report - MDV with DTS 6 channel No.64986
sverkalo  2011-07-22 01:27:44 ( ID:wungqrrstrh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Importing an MKV with DTS 6 channel.
TMPGEnc 6 doesn't recognize the audio at all.

tkrave  2011-07-22 02:36:47 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That's because DTS is not a supported audio format at this time.

Question - TS Export, Smart Rendering (no recompess) No.64985
Dee  2011-07-20 18:17:20 ( ID:xgnsywd9rar )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi!
I have .TS file (h264) from my camcorder and I want to make edited (just cutted in VMW) video, but without recompression. As a result I wish to have mkv with chapters. How?
Thanks. Dee

tkrave  2011-07-22 02:36:09 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is no smart rendering in TVMW5, so it will be re-encoded no matter what.

Priyavadan  2011-08-06 20:00:16 ( ID:4nkefs6u8rk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am interested in knowing if TMPGEnc Authoring works 4 has any plans in the near future of supporting H.264 encoded transport streams for example MKV in TMPGEnc Mastering Works 5 for Blu Ray Authoring (smart Rendering) without using MPEG2 antiquated 1st generation technology. Unless the authoring software keeps up with Blu Ray technology and current preferred H.264 and VC-1 for authoring you will become obsolete,

Priyavadan

Bug report - MKV from MKV No.64969
sverkalo  2011-07-19 00:55:19 ( ID:wungqrrstrh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I used TMPGEnc to make an MKV (HD) to the same output but less bitrate.
The output is fine at the start and at the end but at the middle is
messed up, indicating that the encoding didn't go well.
I used Cuda.

Question - Can't I convert my file to flash format No.64967
u2janet2u  2011-07-18 18:16:35 ( ID:9u7dss.oyun )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just purchased TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5. IS it not possible to convert a file to flash flv or swish formats???

tkrave  2011-07-19 03:05:33 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Flash or swf is not one of the supported output formats. It can only import certain flv files.

Request - Cuda @mpeg4 file No.64951
sverkalo  2011-07-13 20:27:43 ( ID:oygmjauh0sr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't understand why I can't use more than 50.000 bitrate when using Cuda.
This isn't good at all. I need to transcode some files with more than 100.000
but once I choose Cuda (or x264) encoder it reverts back to 50.000.
Bad.
This cancels the Cuda advantage.

tkrave  2011-07-14 02:50:01 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What kind of source file is this?

sverkalo  2011-07-19 00:53:05 ( ID:wungqrrstrh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>What kind of source file is this?

Doesn't matter (Avid DV/HD, mpeg)it is the same.

tkrave  2011-07-19 04:26:18 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is a limitation of the Profile and Level setting that you are using. CUDA's highest level seems to be 4.1. Try using the x264 encoder and change the level to 5 or 5.1 and you should be able to increase the average and maximum bitrates to 100000 kbps.

Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.264/MPEG-4_AVC#Levels

sverkalo  Home )  2011-07-19 16:02:42 ( ID:wungqrrstrh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I know what I a have to do but using X264 defeats the power of Cuda and increases the time too much.
Even Xpress 4 can do better. I don't understand why the have cut this out?

Question - Sandy Bridge hardware encoding not working properly No.64949
vsol  2011-07-13 05:52:58 ( ID:8bgca9j3dcg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm testing the MW5 trial. Encoding a test clip, it is actually SLOWER to encode using the "Intel Media SDK Software" option than it is to encode with x264 2-pass VBR.

Encoding 1 minute clip:
x264 2-pass VBR ~~ 1:50
Intel Media SDK ~~ 2:05

Isn't this option supposed to be using the Sandy Bridge Quick Sync hardware encoder? It does APPEAR to be working, since the CPU never goes above 30-40% during the encode, but it's encoding much too slowly. I can encode the same clip with Mediaexpresso using their Sandy Bridge support in about 1/8 the time.

My PC has an Intel Core i5-2520M.

Let me know when you guys get this working properly and I'll be glad to try your trial again.

tkrave  2011-07-14 09:14:05 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is the encoder listed as "Intel Media SDK Software"? If so, I think that is why it is slow. For some reason, it is not using the hardware, so instead it uses the software.

I'm using an i7 2600 and cannot get it to use the hardware myself. In the preferences, it shows that the Sandy Bridge hardware is "present but not usable". Not sure why though. Encodes with the Intel Media software take 6x longer than the x264 encoder.

vsol  2011-07-14 12:55:14 ( ID:8bgca9j3dcg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, I see that now in preferences. Mine also says present but unusable. I have a laptop with Optimus, so that may be causing the program to not use the hardware. Hopefully I can get this sorted out.

As for you, what kind of motherboard do you have? I know that certain boards do not allow the use of Quick Sync. H67 is one that does, I'm not sure if any of the others do.

Question - Uncompressed MKV No.64945
_JBP_  2011-07-12 01:54:29 ( ID:zs6b8/s4nac )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

is it possible to make an uncompressed MKV (1:1) copy from dvd files? I'm trying to make a mkv from my home movie dvds but I don't want any audio or video compression. If I left out any details please let me know.

tkrave  2011-07-14 07:37:28 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can use the Advanced Tools to demultiplex your VOB file and then multiplex them into MKV format.

Advanced Tools are in the Start window, then go to MPEG tool and demultiplex your VOB file.

pattyvalencia  2014-05-15 05:41:17 ( ID:qcphjv1ioro )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Question:

I am trying to convert a video deposition from VOB files to MPEG-2.

If one clip uploads into a “New Project”, I can't figure out how to upload additional clips.

Also, am getting Error Message: ''Unsupported File. Error: 0x80048003''.

Help! Thank you.

PattyValenciaRealtor@yahoo.com

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.