TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 39 / 40 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question 64 bit? Ryan OConnor 2 2012-01-04 08:59:27
Question Error with Win7: Program cannot start...CustomMemory.spd missing crfkosinsj 6 2018-05-12 02:35:20
Question How to add single audio track to project with multiple clips SaphireX 2 2011-02-10 22:40:21
Bug report MKV File will Not Open Brad Hyman 6 2011-02-11 07:06:08
Question cuda meshal 0 2011-02-08 19:25:25
Question Editing timeline questions andi9 6 2011-02-23 04:17:15
Question Serious audio sync issues MKV -> Blu-ray MPEG ViperGeek 4 2011-02-09 08:41:57
Bug report CUDA MPEG-4 AVC encoding rv6abob 2 2011-03-05 05:32:40
Bug report TVMW5 Crash Reports Charles Lohr 0 2011-02-06 06:42:06
Question Extracting select Audio and Subtitiles from MKV in Works 5 plivac 6 2011-02-20 04:44:18
Request Export/Save SRT format Remington 3 2012-04-04 21:06:18
Request Smart Rendering unisoftenterprises 4 2012-10-06 01:37:12

TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 39 / 40 ]   Next > >>
Question - 64 bit? No.64270
Ryan OConnor  2011-02-11 09:38:35 ( ID:afjk6ujjlhl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

any plans for a 64-bit version of TVMW5?

gordoncanada  2011-02-12 02:37:42 ( ID:.g5g8jv545o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Please explain to the slower ones of us why a 64 bit version would be worth it. 64 bit is able to use more memory, but would it be faster or something?
Thanks

Alkermes  2012-01-04 08:59:27 ( ID:l8l.we3au/c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Gordoncanada, do you need any more reason? ;-)

I have 24GB of RAM and I have too much 32bits software...

Regards, Alkermes.

Question - Error with Win7: Program cannot start...CustomMemory.spd missing No.64266
crfkosinsj  2011-02-11 02:19:35 ( ID:z/7eczq3jvm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I launch VMW5 (using Win7 x64 Enterprise) I get a system error specifically stating "The program can't start because CustomMemory.spd is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." When I click OK, I am able to load and use the program. Also, if I run using Windows XP SP2 compatibility mode, this error does not appear at all and the program runs as expected.

Any ideas?

crfkosinsj  2011-02-11 02:21:47 ( ID:z/7eczq3jvm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Also, I did try a reinstall and had the same result.

avtech  2011-02-16 05:48:47 ( ID:8h6t/yayizo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've had the same issue.

crfkosinsj  2011-02-17 23:24:54 ( ID:z/7eczq3jvm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

One other note to add, when I run in XP SP2 Compatibility mode, the error popup does not occur.

Englyst  2012-03-14 16:31:38 ( ID:phl5gsurtba )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the same issue with Video Works 5 and now also with Authoring Works 5 :( Any solution to this?

Darkman  2012-11-14 02:07:08 ( ID:1ew3yv2w8dl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you have installed Speed Edit by NewTek,
in 'C:\Program Files\NewTek\SpeedEDIT\' or 'C:\Program Files (x86)\NewTek\SpeedEDIT'
you can find CustomMemory.spd file and the rest of 34 files that you need to launch TMPGenc VMW5:

AnimatedVariables.Spd
AssetManagement.Spd
ColorChooser.Spd
CPUDetect.Spd
CustomMemory.spd
CutCopyPaste.Spd
DesktopLaunch.spd
DetailsView.Spd
Devices.AudioVideo.Base.dll
EditPopup.Spd
FileManagement.Spd
FrameWork.Base.dll
FrameWork.Bitmaps.x86.dll
FrameWork.Threads.x86.dll
FreeImage.x86.dll
GraphicsEffects.Spd
ipl.dll
iplpx.dll
NewTek_Framework.spd
nt_tools.dll
Preferences.Spd
proof.dll
RenderTree.Spd
RenderTreeHD.Spd
RTVLib2.Spd
TimeCode_FileAccess.Spd
ToasterTranslations.spd
VideoEditor_Data.Spd
VideoEditor_RenderAPI.Spd
VidRegistration.spd
vtfx.dll
VTNTAPI.spd
WindowsMediaLib.Spd
WindowsMediaUtilities.Spd
YUVLib.Spd

If You don't have Speed Edit, try to search c:\ for CustomMemory.spd file.

Wayne  Home )  2018-05-12 02:35:20 ( ID:yu.zcgefc22 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Darkman,

I have SpeedEdit. Knowing that the missing files are in the SpeedEdit folder, it doesn't tell how TMPGEnc is going to find or see them??

How do I tell TMPGEnc where the files are? Am I to copy/paste somewhere?
Is there an option in TMPGEnc where I can change default folders on loadup??

What do I do with the information you provided us??

Question - How to add single audio track to project with multiple clips No.64254
SaphireX  2011-02-10 07:51:46 ( ID:t3.kmu7olgl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I can't figure out how to add a single sound track over the entire length of a several clip project (removing the sound properties of each clip in advance) With the sound track in a format supported that starts with clip 1 and ends with the last clip...

Any help or ideas would be appreciated. At the moment the only way I seem to be able to do that is to create a project with no sound then later using virtualdub (direct stream copy for video) then add the sound track. With this method I am limited to AVI Only! and I would like to be able to skip having to use another software and do everything withn Mastering Works and generate other containers besides AVI

tkrave  2011-02-10 10:31:40 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use the timeline editing mode and create a layer for your audio soundtrack. Put your clips on a different layer and disable the audio for that layer.

SaphireX  2011-02-10 22:40:21 ( ID:t3.kmu7olgl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well that did the trick to add a layer in timeline mode with the audio clip added beforehand in the normal mode as the last clip. So that when I shifted to timeline mode I added a layer and moved the soundtrack (MP3 file) to a layer all by itself. However the previously selected format which was done in normal mode produced an error if I tried to select both video and audio, I had to delete that format then add it again in order to be able to choose both video and audio. Since before the format was set up just for video only.

The new problem is all of the cropping I did previously to each of the projects video clips is lost when encoding? Yet does display when I select a clip in timeline mode.

Any ideas why? the cropping created in normal mode that still displays in timeline mode is not actually being used when encoding in timeline mode?

Thanks!

Bug report - MKV File will Not Open No.64252
Brad Hyman  2011-02-10 02:59:25 ( ID:yvriorngs3h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have just purchased Video Mastering Works 5 because I wanted to be able to open and edit MKV files. I tried to open a 720p with size of 4.5 gig. Even after waiting up to 15 minutes, this file will not open and only thing shown is an hour glass. This file does however open and play fine from within VLC.

tkrave  2011-02-10 04:25:41 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What type of video and audio streams are in the mkv file? Not all mkv files are alike. MKV is a containter format so the actual video and audio formats within can be pretty much anything.
The fact that you can open it with VLC doesn't mean much since it uses it's own codecs. Try opening the .mkv file in Windows Media Player. If you can't, then you might need the proper codecs. Use a program like MediaInfo to figure out what type of streams you have.

Y0tsuya  2011-02-10 08:18:14 ( ID:idf/b5o2elk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You know what's funny? I can open mkv in v4 just fine after installing a directshow splitter. Don't know why mkv support in v5 is such a big deal.

tkrave  2011-02-10 10:27:48 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>You know what's funny? I can open mkv in v4 just fine after installing a directshow splitter. Don't know why mkv support in v5 is such a big deal.

Well, now you can output in the mkv format (though the streams are limited to certain formats) so I think that's a big part of it.

Y0tsuya  2011-02-10 11:48:20 ( ID:idf/b5o2elk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Well, now you can output in the mkv format (though the streams are limited to certain formats) so I think that's a big part of it.

Right now I run the mp4 through mkvmerge to get my mkv, and maybe pick up a srt and AC3/DTS on the way. Is direct mkv output a nice feature? I suppose. Is this enough to make me pay $60 to upgrade from my TE4? Not really. Especially when Quick Sync isn't working right.

tkrave  2011-02-11 03:07:14 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Right now I run the mp4 through mkvmerge to get my mkv, and maybe pick up a srt and AC3/DTS on the way. Is direct mkv output a nice feature? I suppose. Is this enough to make me pay $60 to upgrade from my TE4? Not really. Especially when Quick Sync isn't working right.

I don't think mkv is really being made into a big deal; at least, I don't get that feeling. A lot of people wanted it though, so those people are talking about it. It's really up to you if you think it's worth it or not. I personally could care less about mkv and quick sync. For me, the timeline editing mode is the best improvement.

Y0tsuya  2011-02-11 07:06:08 ( ID:idf/b5o2elk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well QuickSync is a major new feature of Sandy Bridge CPUs. Encoding speed supposedly blows everything else out of the water if you're willing to trade a little quality for it. Those of us who have the new i7 are naturally itching to use it. If you don't have the new i7, or are in the AMD camp, then it probably doesn't mean anything to you.

Question - cuda No.64237
meshal  2011-02-08 19:25:25 ( ID:ipmhgbkxawg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi there, i tried the tmpgenc 5 demo and seems great so far, but notice one problem.
i have dual vga cards setup, ati 5850 (main) with nvidia 9600gt for physx and cuda stuff.
in tmpgenc 4, the software detect cuda and my 9600 card and woks well..

but in tmpgenc 5, it can't detect my 9600 card.i just got msg says i don't have cuda 2.3. although tmpgenc 4 detects it well.

can you check this problem please?

Question - Editing timeline questions No.64231
andi9  2011-02-08 05:10:40 ( ID:eiezmmdi.wg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Folks: I have been a long time TMPGENC Express 4 user. I have loved most of thier products and generally upgrade cause the newer features are always a great addtion. I bought the full edition yesteday and the Timeline Edit feature either needs a lot of improvements or I am just not getting it and a HELP video or guide will be very much appreciated. I must say I had high expectations of the edit timeline as I have used Adobe premiere and was hoping to at least get 1/4th the functionality but am finding that its lacking in many ways. any help appreciated

1. Editing a clip to add something in between a clip.. ie: If a clip was A...B...C, I want to remove B and replace it with X. This is a simple edit function. Only way I have found in the TVMW 5 is you double click the clip which pops up the old edit window. You delete A & C to create a B. Save B. Cut B &C - save A. then cut A & B - save C. Then in the main window you attach the A X & C. This to me is not cut/paste in a timeline. Am I missing something?

2. Filters - Ok the filter screen is still in the old TMGENC EXPRESS 4 where you apply a FIlter to the full clip. I tried that with the Zoom control but zoom does not give you any options to change anything - So is there a way to control aspects of what you are zooming?

3. Timeline Window - I could not find any way of chaning the Time scale. ie: Setting the scale to 1sec instead of 5 sec etc. I am assuming this is not a feature.

Looks like the Timeline tool only helps you do 1 thing.. attach clips to the end or to the front and view them in a timeline view. Thats it. Remember the old TMPGENC Express could do that without viewing it in a timeline. I would like to see a Help file for the TIMELINE edit funtionality to see what I can do with it except add clips to the end or start of another clip

Thanks, Andi

tkrave  2011-02-08 10:05:26 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is a help file, it is in Options-->Help. Or just press F1 and it should go to the help section of whatever window you're in.

There's plenty of things you can do in timeline mode that you can't in normal mode. Animation for one thing. You can also layer videos one on top of the other to create picture-in-picture effects or just use layering to make watermarks. You can also resize and rotate your video. Also, there are timeline filters that are applied to all layers of the timeline in addition to clip specific filters.

Check this page for things you can do with timeline mode:
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tvmw5_timeline.html

As for your questions:

1. Why do you need to create B if you want to remove it? Just use the split clip function and set a split clip point at the beginning and end of B. It will ask which parts of the clip you want to keep--keep A and C which will probably be the same color (marked yellow or blue). You'll then have two clips, A and C, then put X between them.

2. I'm assuming you're talking about the zoom filter for slideshows since there's no regular filter called Zoom. If the zoom is applied via the global slideshow settings, then you can't control where it zooms in/out since that is more of an automatic setting. However, if you apply the zoom individually to each image, you can set the point where it will zoom-in/out.

3. There is a slider on the left side above the layers to increase the zoom of the timeline so you can look at it at different scales.

andi9  2011-02-09 07:50:28 ( ID:l20pppvobba )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TKrave, Thanks a LOT!!! for your help. The HELP FILE YOU MENTION by typing F1 is PHENOMENAL!. Great job on the help file with all the pictures. You really don't need anything else.

Overall, I could help myself with All the answers & thanks to your help, I found out how to do it. Thanks once again. Really appreciate it. I think everyone should read the HELP file before posting cause its really well done.

My owns answers including responses to what you had

1. Editing A - B - C - removing B and replacing with X - I did not know how to use the SPLIT tool. Ie - first create keyframes in the edit tool, then exit then tmpgenc asks you do you want to split the clip - WOW!!! - This is great. Then it puts the 3 clips in the EDIT Window and then you can move it to different layers at you fill like it--- This is almost the same functionality at Adobe Premiere!. Kudos to TMPGENC for giving us this at this price point

2. I was thinking of picture RESIZE filter but read up the excellent HELP file and its intended for another reason. So Its not really what I wanted. If TMPGENC were to offer a "PAN AND ZOOM" video filter in the future - I will buy it :-). I am addicted to the PAN and ZOOM filter in Premiere and cannot live without it.

3. Found the slider and works like a CHAMP.

All I can say is TMGENC VM works 5.0 is a MUST HAVE for anyone who uses Express 4.0. Wow! - this is phenomenal and I can retire my 4 year old Adobe premiere.

Thanks guys

Andi

tkrave  2011-02-09 09:01:34 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Glad I can help!

You can actually do a pan and zoom effect with the animation feature. Set your key points in the animation timeline, and at those key points, position and resize your video as necessary. The program will animate the clip to zoom-in/out and pan according to those key points. You can also do rotation at the same time if you need to!

andi9  2011-02-09 15:48:57 ( ID:l20pppvobba )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi tkrave, once again. You are my hero. The Animation you mention is very powerful indeed. 100times better than the pan and zoom. You can set a lot of animation points on the video and do whatever you want. amazing. Thanks again for pointing out this brilliant feature. Now I am off to some serious video editing. Thanks, Andi

andi9  2011-02-20 00:56:54 ( ID:l20pppvobba )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi - Animation as pan-zoom update- Have been using the Animation feature for last few weeks and it is powerful indeed - however its a lot of work to get "PAN n ZOOM" or "IMAGE PAN" to look smooth. The "PAN n ZOOM" or "IMAGE PAN" feature in premiere creates a smooth panning & zooming video which looks and feels like a camera zoom. With animation - even if you put a lot of animation points, the pan and zoom looks jittery - ie: Video jumps from animation pt to animation pt. Not sure if there is a solution to create smooth animation effects but I think having a Pan-n-zoom or Image pan filter would be great so you dont have to create 100 animation pts. Cheers, Andi

tkrave  2011-02-23 04:17:15 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yeah, you really need to make as few key points as possible for smooth movement. If possible, keep it to two states per clip (starting state and end state).

Question - Serious audio sync issues MKV -> Blu-ray MPEG No.64229
ViperGeek  2011-02-08 04:52:21 ( ID:nwerjlgambo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was delighted to hear that VMW5 was released while I was on vacation/holiday and immediately downloaded it when I got home.

The first test I ran was to convert an MKV file of WALL-E in DTS-HD Master Audio to a Blu-ray Disc. I was very impressed with VMW5 picked up the embedded chapter keyframes (cool!!!) and selected a 50GB 1080p Dolby Digital 5.1 template at 23.978 FPS (same as original). I used VBR and let it crunch a two-pass conversion for several hours.

In the morning, I double-clicked the .MPG file only to hear terrible audio sync issues. It sounds like an old-fashioned tape recorder running at 16x fast forward while the video plays just fine. I tried playing the file with PowerDVD, Windows Media Player, and Nero ShowTime. All applications showed the same problem, which makes me think the file has the problem.

Is there something I can try to set/reset/change to resolve this? Should I file a bug report? Is there a workaround?

- Dave

tkrave  2011-02-08 10:10:25 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am wondering if this has to do with your DTS-HD audio source; as far as I know, the software doesn't support DTS (natively at least).

One thing you might want to try is demuxing your MKV file with the Advanced MPEG tools. Then import the two separate files.

If that doesn't change anything, you should probably contact support as they should have an idea of what could be the problem.

http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/support/support.html

ViperGeek  2011-02-09 07:15:42 ( ID:nwerjlgambo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the reply, tkrave.

You're probably right. I just did another test using an MKV of Shrek 4 in Dolby TrueHD to a CBR MPEG-2 file and it worked perfectly. When I read that DTS wasn't supported, I assumed you meant as an output audio stream. I hadn't realized that 6-channel DTS as input was also unsupported.

I'll try playing with the Advanced MPEG tools and see what trouble I can get into.

Thanks again!

- Dave

ViperGeek  2011-02-09 07:23:36 ( ID:nwerjlgambo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>One thing you might want to try is demuxing your MKV file with the Advanced MPEG tools. Then import the two separate files.

No joy. The MPEG demux tool immediately calls foul on the audio stream. The error is: "The file WALL-E.mkv is an invalid MPEG-Audio stream."

tsMuxeR can demux the MKV into an H.264 video and DTS audio stream. I'll try weaving them together with VMW5 and see what mess I make.

- Dave

ViperGeek  2011-02-09 08:41:57 ( ID:nwerjlgambo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>>One thing you might want to try is demuxing your MKV file with the Advanced MPEG tools. Then import the two separate files.
>
>No joy. The MPEG demux tool immediately calls foul on the audio stream. The error is: "The file WALL-E.mkv is an invalid MPEG-Audio stream."
>
>tsMuxeR can demux the MKV into an H.264 video and DTS audio stream. I'll try weaving them together with VMW5 and see what mess I make.

VMW5 couldn't read either the .264 or the .DTS file, so there seems to be no way of using MKV files with DTS audio. I have other tools that can read the MKV file and produce Blu-ray content, but they cut the audio down to two-channel stereo. tsMuxeR can "mux" an MKV file to Blu-ray with chapters and original video/audio encoding, but no menus.

So close ...

- Dave

Bug report - CUDA MPEG-4 AVC encoding No.64225
rv6abob  2011-02-07 11:43:29 ( ID:co76bjgysug )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Did some testing of MPEG-4 encoding using CUDA and VBR/CBR. Encoding was very fast, but I sometimes get blocks on scene changes that can take several seconds to disappear. They seem to last longer on VBR than CBR. Changing average (and max bit rates on VBR) didn't seem to change the block generation. The other odd thing is they are always in non-changing areas. Definitely seems to be an encoder error.

These errors do not occur on x264 or Intel SDK.

Suchy  2011-03-03 17:31:29 ( ID:illqdmv3vuf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It was probably an encoder error, or error in colour space converting. I had this artifacts to in exactly the same way as your situation. Newest revision od TPMGEnc VMW 5 seems have fixed this problem.

rv6abob  2011-03-05 05:32:40 ( ID:ouaz72xi28g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The new version fixed this for me as well. I get some artifacts with CUDA encoding, but they seem to be rate related now which you would expect. Nice that they fixed this!

Bug report - TVMW5 Crash Reports No.64217
Charles Lohr  Home )  2011-02-06 06:42:06 ( ID:j8majifa/ta )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TVMW5 1.0 crashed while resizing the video preview in the cut-edit screen.

Question - Extracting select Audio and Subtitiles from MKV in Works 5 No.64212
plivac  2011-02-06 04:18:57 ( ID:iyicsn04lef )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am a current user of Express 4 and while I can import MKVs and convert them into MPEGs for BD play I cannot select the Audio and Subtitles that I want to be in the MPEG - example MKV container has Eng and Japan Audio and no subtitles and Eng subtitles - but 4.0 and 5.0 both don't allow for me to select a combination that I want to be in the MPEG - US audio and No subtitles is automatically selected.

Am I missing something - if this is the case I will reconsider buying this new product.

plivac  2011-02-06 04:42:19 ( ID:iyicsn04lef )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried doing this with the advanced too in the trial version of 5.0 but could not select the subtitles from the MKV container.

plivac  2011-02-06 05:39:54 ( ID:iyicsn04lef )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

a suggestion to finalize my comments - why can't you just build a function that mkvtoolnix has this will simplify things greatly with selecting video, audio and subtitles to use?
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/mkvtoolnix

plivac  2011-02-15 09:44:39 ( ID:iyicsn04lef )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

will no one from tech support answer any questions? seriously, how do you expect to retain clients if your service is at this level?

tkrave  2011-02-16 03:35:50 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>will no one from tech support answer any questions? seriously, how do you expect to retain clients if your service is at this level?

You need to contact User Support for an official answer. Everyone posting here is a user just like you.
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/support/support.html

At the top of the page:
"This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc."

plivac  2011-02-16 05:28:20 ( ID:1qmif0qdywc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

my bad. Contacted Support - but I think I will be sticking to 4.0 unless there is better mkv support on the 5.0

plivac  2011-02-20 04:44:18 ( ID:iyicsn04lef )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK - so support confirmed no support for subtitles in MKVs as of now - said it could be added to user wishlist - will wait till then.

Request - Export/Save SRT format No.64208
Remington  2011-02-05 19:59:45 ( ID:fb.jfddyo.o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a special request regarding saving subtitles and it will nice to have the ability to save or export subtitle in SRT format. TVMW5 currently have two subtitle formats but it's not compatible with many media players.

plivac  2011-02-06 05:39:25 ( ID:iyicsn04lef )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

a suggestion to finalize my comments - why can't you just build a function that mkvtoolnix has this will simplify things greatly with selecting video, audio and subtitles to use?
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/mkvtoolnix

plivac  2011-12-05 00:19:32 ( ID:iyicsn04lef )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

any updates on ability to deal with subtitles in TVMW5?

selor  2012-04-04 21:06:18 ( ID:88zjp7yj1c6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yep problem with subtitles .. with american video series and teams who make subtitles they all use .ass or .srt .. and Tmpeg doesnt use the styles ...
It would be great to have an import of Srt files natively to resynch all srt files in our favorites authoring software ...

Request - Smart Rendering No.64204
unisoftenterprises  2011-02-05 13:35:09 ( ID:dskuvn2gmn. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have Authpring Works 4.0, only use it to edit video.

Wanted Video Mastering Works 5.0 because of MP4 support and ability to do insert editing via timeline.

All good so far, about to buy it. Download trial and find that Smart Rendering is NOT in this product !????!!!!!

Who made that STUPID design decision ???????

Who wants to reencode segments of MPEG2 for example, if you don't need to !!!???

Dumb !

Can we have Smart Rendering (like in Authoring Works 4.0), with the icon indicator, in the next update for this product please ?

Product useless for me until this is in it so I won't buy it, and I won't be the only one who won't. VERY disapointed !

Remington  2011-02-05 19:55:16 ( ID:fb.jfddyo.o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a special request regarding saving subtitles and it will nice to have the ability to save or export subtitle in SRT format. TVMW5 currently have two subtitle formats but it's not compatible with many media players.

Remington  2011-02-05 20:04:40 ( ID:fb.jfddyo.o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Mod... can you please delete the previous post since I have a new Request thread.

Thanks.

N Smith  Home )  2011-02-05 20:23:47 ( ID:ludgmgddlya )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I would like to second this request. I wanted to be able to use TMPG VMW5 to edit my HD captures from Hauppauge HD-PVR device (mt2s files), remove adverts then resave to the same format (m2ts) with smart recoding.

At present you can't save to the same format without re-encoding (except wehere neccesary round the edits).

Really disappointed..........

f1nkster  2012-10-06 01:37:12 ( ID:kfgahrvcu0j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I also really need Smart Rendering to justify buying the product. I will say, however, that the product is EXACTLY what I am looking for in every other respect.

I understand you provide smart rendering in the MPEG Editor product, but that appears to be for HDV only, not DV. I want smart rendering for both DV and HDV. In other words, my needs are not met even I was to purchase both MPEG Editor and the VMW5 product.

It's too bad, because with the smart rendering piece, I would buy this product in a nanosecond. Without it, my workflow remains such that I am just as well continuing with what I've got.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.