TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 218 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Video Distortion Lisa 2 2003-03-12 01:29:15
Free talk New Freeware Mpeg editor!!! Minion 2 2003-03-15 14:10:47
Question mergeing cd's reckonsoo 1 2003-03-11 07:14:41
Bug report TMPGEnc shuts down during encoding :( Alex 13 2003-03-13 09:33:23
Question missing last 10 mins sound Tomo 2 2003-03-11 16:12:36
Request Auto Color/Level/White Balance/Contrast for TMPGEnc Alexander Gregorius 0 2003-03-10 20:30:24
Request Have an option to ignor AVI file errors M.AD 0 2003-03-10 20:17:06
Question Cant Download File Joe 1 2003-03-10 21:02:32
Question NeroExpress and TMPG Encoder mike 2 2003-03-10 23:39:13
Question Convert Avi to Mpeg hans 5 2003-03-12 03:24:28
Question Cutting the black edges on a DIVX mist 1 2003-03-10 20:50:52
Question VCD help Damooseman 1 2003-03-10 09:32:28

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 218 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Video Distortion No.35372
Lisa  2003-03-11 14:25:13 ( ID:ohcc2ey2og2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm trying to convert a file from avi to mpeg. The sound works ok, but the video is very distorted. There's movement but the picture doesn't fully play on screen and more than half of it is green. Any solution to this?

I use the project wizard. Here are the specs:

Video-CD, NTSC
Non-interlace
1:1 VGA

Thanks.

Minion  2003-03-11 22:47:45 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Specs of your AVI File would have been Much more usefull..The Only thing I can think of without any other info is that you might try Raiseing the Priority of the "Direct show multi-Media file reader" in the "Vfapi Plugins" to "2"....

tiring_day  2003-03-12 01:29:15 ( ID:kk4mrllesva )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sounds like you are encoding an XVID, make sure you have the correct Codecs installed and drop the Direct Draw down to 0

Should work after that

tiring_day

Free talk - New Freeware Mpeg editor!!! No.35369
Minion  2003-03-11 07:33:23 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just wanted to Let you know that there is a New Freeware Mpeg2 editor Based on DVD2AVI called "Mpeg2Cut", I tried it on a Couple Files and it seemd to work Pretty good for basic cutting files into parts, and it is Really Fast and doesn"t seem to go out of sync when cutting the second half of a file..You can get it here: http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/mpeg2cut.html .. You also need to get Libmmd.dll and Mpalib.dll to enabe audio support, you can get them here :http://www.geocities.com/orbital_bearing/MPAlib.zip and http://www.geocities.com/orbital_bearing/libmmd.zip just put the Dll files in the Folder with the Mpeg2Cut exe file..It will come in Handy when you have problem editing with Tmpgenc"s Merge & cut....

wcpaul  2003-03-13 18:40:30 ( ID:q7gr550x3gw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This does seem to work pretty well. I can cut out chunks of Mpeg and load them into MediaStudio Pro with good audio sync (even on AIW captures).

The chunks can not be merged back together with TMPG, however. The audio timestamps are not updated and that seems to screw up the Merge tool (at least on the older version I use).

Ashy  2003-03-15 14:10:47 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It would be ok if it had a resize option to half size for the preview.

I can't deal with any resolution higher than 800x600. Things are just too small.
At 800x600 you can't see the cut points to set them.

Also had no problem at all joining these MPEGs with TMPG again. Joined MPEG played perfectly.

ASHY

Question - mergeing cd's No.35367
reckonsoo  2003-03-11 04:14:58 ( ID:nbytoglixaj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

does anyone know how to merge 2 cd's into 1

i have the cd Pearl Harbor and i want to copy both cd's onto 1 DVD-R
does anyone have any ideas about how to do so.
thx much

Minion  2003-03-11 07:14:41 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When you say " I have the CD of Pearl Harbour" I guess you mean a VCD or Pearl Harbour??? what you Can do is after extracting the Mpeg files off of the VCD"s load them Into the Merge & Cut and Join them into One file then use the "Demultiplex" and Demux the audio from the Joined file and load the audio into Tmpgenc and set the Sample Rate Frequency to 48000hz and encode the audio,(To mpeg audio or Wav audio)then if you encoded it to Mpeg audio load the Video and audio into the "Multiplex" and Mux them together and then Author them with your Favorite DVD Authoring Program as 1/4 DVD format..You can probably find a Tutorial at http://www.dvdrhelp.com that will give you a step by step on how to do it....

Bug report - TMPGEnc shuts down during encoding :( No.35353
Alex  2003-03-10 22:48:51 ( ID:84foui0/faj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm trying to get converted an AVI file, but at the very end, when just a few seconds left, TMPGEnc would just shut down itself with no messages at all and with seems to be no harm to the system. Here's what I've tried so far with no success:
- Logging the TMPGEnc session: the log file does not show any errors
- Changing different templates (VCD/SCVD): the same result
- Different files: doesn't happen to all of them, but to more then one
- Source format: tried both divx and uncompressed - the same result
- Tried 'healing'/checking programs including VirtualDub, DivxFix and others and they fail to find anything wrong with the files...
- Reinstalling codecs - no use
- Reinstalling TMPGEnc - right, there's no such thing for the free version

Anybody, please help!
Alex.

Billy  2003-03-11 00:22:11 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That happened to me too! It wasn't like that before. I used Source Range to encode a 1-minute clip from the AVI file and TMPGEnc didn't shut down or anything. But when I encoded the 25-minute file, it was almost done and when I went to check on it, the program had disappeared! The converted file was created though only that it can't be played in mplayer2.exe or any other players for some reason. I ran the file in VDub and used the scrolly thing to fast-forward the video and the scenes were fine.

Alex  2003-03-11 00:45:02 ( ID:84foui0/faj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It had never happened to before too...
And in my case the MPEG is incomplete and cannot be played back by some players. Just in case that's relevant: I'm using an AMD based system with Win2K on it.
In addition, the first time I encountered the problem, I actually tried to locate the exact frame number that's causing the failure, and found out that if I shorten the clip legnth by 3 frames, then encoding will pass. BUT! If I set the range, say to 30 frames at the end of the clip including the 3 'bad' frames, then it will pass too! But if I set it to 100 last frames, then it will fail... So, maybe there is no bad frame in the clip? And if no, then what's the problem?

Alex.

Billy  2003-03-11 00:48:53 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That happened to me too! It wasn't like that before. I used Source Range to encode a 1-minute clip from the AVI file and TMPGEnc didn't shut down or anything. But when I encoded the 25-minute file, it was almost done and when I went to check on it, the program had disappeared! The converted file was created though only that it can't be played in mplayer2.exe or any other players for some reason. I ran the file in VDub and used the scrolly thing to fast-forward the video and the scenes were fine.

Alex  2003-03-11 00:49:25 ( ID:84foui0/faj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

...and I've also tried both direct file load and frame serve it through VirtualDub, same thing...

Billy  2003-03-11 00:52:03 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Uh...sorry about that extra message, I don't know how that got there. Well, from reading past posts, there might be a chance that your audio is shorter than the video thus TMPGEnc shuts down when the audio runs out? Or, what I've just noticed is that my AVI file is different from all my other past AVI files. My other AVI files had 29.97 fps and I converted them to 29.97 fps. The AVI file I'm converting now had 23.967 fps (or something like that) which I just noticed and I was converting it to 29.97 so that could be a problem. So I'm re-encoding right now so I hope it works. It will be 4 hours before I can tell you the results...!

Billy  2003-03-11 04:48:17 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It doesn't work! The program still shuts down and the finished MPEG file still won't play! Help someone!

Alex  2003-03-11 05:08:59 ( ID:5//qyrg.zak )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Billy, you were right!!! Thanks man for the idea!!!
The audio stream was shorter by a couple of seconds. This is how I fixed it:

1. Separated the audio stream in a separate uncompressed WAV. I had to do this, because for an unknown reason I couldn't get the audio directly from the AVI, otherwise you can use WAVSource(name.avi) command and save yourself some time and disk space.
2. Created a silent one-minute WAV. I figured that I might need this one later for other AVIs, so why not make it more then 2 seconds?
3. Wrote an AVISynth script to take the AVI for video and two WAV files for audio and return their mixture. In my case I was missing just a couple of seconds, so one-minute additional audio is more then enough, if it is not, simply add one or more one-minute WAVs to the mixture...
4. Serve the script to TMPGEnc through VirtualDub and be done!!!

I believe this is something that eventually has to be fixed in TMPGEnc, because obviously this is not good to disappear and cancel an overnight batch job just because of the missing 2 seconds of audio...

Regards,
Alex.

Billy  2003-03-11 18:39:25 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm glad I helped you. But the problem still isn't fixed for me. :( I extracted the WAV and the AVI. Both has a length of 24:04! I don't get it.

Alex  2003-03-11 22:15:10 ( ID:84foui0/faj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How big is the source AVI you're trying to convert?
Have you tried to scan for errors?
Are you sure you have ALL the frames you want in your result? It's likely that you're missing some of them.
If not all the frames are present, how far are you from the ending?
If you're trying to create an MPEG2 file, you can try to play it with Intervideo WinDVD - it works for me even if Windows Media Player refuses to play it.

Billy  2003-03-11 22:24:36 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The AVI file is about 174.2MB. How do I scan for errors?

Alex  2003-03-12 00:06:09 ( ID:84foui0/faj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

VirtualDub can do that, also AVIFixed helped me once. You can also take a look at this:
http://www.divx-digest.com/software/index3.html#encoding_edit

Billy  2003-03-12 00:57:53 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I used Vdub to check for errors in the video and it says 0 bad frames. So what should I do now? I have never encountered this problem before! :(

Gary  2003-03-13 09:33:23 ( ID:2jy5nw6ruw6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've had these problems too.. and only recently - so i have tried various versions of tmpgenc - all same result... yesterday i unticked the 'use 3D now' box and it seems to have done 3 conversions in a batch with no problems!

Try it.

Question - missing last 10 mins sound No.35350
Tomo  2003-03-10 20:56:45 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok heres one for u....after conversion in tmpg....the last 10 mins of sound are missing....this has happened on 2 diff avi files....any ideas

Paul  2003-03-11 10:50:40 ( ID:8od7nydu0ak )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Make sure you actually specify the start/end frames, and see if that helps.
I've found that by not specifying them, the sound at the end goes missing.

tomo  2003-03-11 16:12:36 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ill try it ...cheers bud

Request - Auto Color/Level/White Balance/Contrast for TMPGEnc No.35349
Alexander Gregorius  2003-03-10 20:30:24 ( ID:mhui9didsz. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First time I want to say is TMPGEnc are the best mpg 1/2 encoder. But maybe better if there's additional features like auto color, auto level, auto contrast (in adobe photoshop), so beginer like me and maybe many of amateur/beginer/home users with cheap camcorders can produce hollywood quality of film. And how about network rendering ? May be it can reduce the time needed to produce best quality video, because i think not many people have the best modern and expensive computer but maybe they have more than one computer and some of them are running idle. That's all thanks ...

Request - Have an option to ignor AVI file errors No.35348
M.AD  2003-03-10 20:17:06 ( ID:orz9qqctguc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I try and encode some files, it says there are framerate errors. I remember a program I used to use that had an option to ignor errors in the AVI stream. Or better yet, fix these errors.

Or is it already included and I have yet to find it?

Question - Cant Download File No.35346
Joe  2003-03-10 18:58:55 ( ID:sspyq5sneum )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been trying to download the file, but it says invalid zip file, anyone have a copy to send me. Joeh67@yahoo.com

thanks

Minion  2003-03-10 21:02:32 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You"ll just have to keep downloading it till it is Not corrupted...

Question - NeroExpress and TMPG Encoder No.35343
mike  2003-03-10 14:15:26 ( ID:wi0oxaav5z2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have nerovision express w/ the MPEG2 plugin. if I use the TMPG encoder to trancode from .avi to mpeg2, then use nerovision express to burn onto my DVD-R or -RW disc, will there be some kind of disconnect? the nerovision plugin is built in and automatically converts.

Minion  2003-03-10 21:00:35 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

DONT USE VISION EXPRESS....Vision Express will Re-Encode every file you load into it which will totally Ruin any Quality that you have ..Get a Real DVD authoring Program like most Ulead Products will add Menu"s and chapters and Format the Mpeg2 file so that it can be burn"t to DVD-R..Nero Will ALLWAYS take any file you load into it and encode it even if it is allready in the Correct Format for DVD which Greatly degrades the Quality of your Movie..Some DVD Authoring Programs are Quite Inexpensive, if you e-mail me I might be able to hook you up with one...

Mike  2003-03-10 23:39:13 ( ID:kprxndcnlea )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am interested in one. give me a couple choices. thanks.

>DONT USE VISION EXPRESS....Vision Express will Re-Encode every file you load into it which will totally Ruin any Quality that you have ..Get a Real DVD authoring Program like most Ulead Products will add Menu"s and chapters and Format the Mpeg2 file so that it can be burn"t to DVD-R..Nero Will ALLWAYS take any file you load into it and encode it even if it is allready in the Correct Format for DVD which Greatly degrades the Quality of your Movie..Some DVD Authoring Programs are Quite Inexpensive, if you e-mail me I might be able to hook you up with one...

Question - Convert Avi to Mpeg No.35337
hans  2003-03-10 11:52:14 ( ID:m6wtqj4e.ar )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I select the video source and click on it, this message comes up:
File"G:videosSouthern Queensland Experience.avi can not open, or unsupported.
This is a vital plea for help, as I need to get this done in a few hours. If there is anyone who can help me my msn ID is nicolehansson@hotmail.com

Thank you

Jim  2003-03-10 14:58:14 ( ID:m9uvrjlxmmk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Nicole,

I had the same problem. I then downloaded FFDSHOW and it installed a bunch of codecs and it works great now. You can get it from http://cutka.szm.sk/index.html. Good Luck

Ashy  2003-03-10 18:14:50 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That link wont work.
There is an apostrophe at the end of the link. This one will:
http://cutka.szm.sk/index.html

ASHY

Ashy  2003-03-10 18:23:24 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry it's a full stop not an apostrophe. Gonna have to get this dodgy monitor sorted out the screen's getting worse.

ASHY

spenwah  2003-03-12 00:24:58 ( ID:qtgwzdy7s8. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i've been having the same problem. i downloaded the ffdshow, and still having same problem. do i need to do something with these codecs now that i have them downloaded? do i need to do something to the old ones? do i need to change something in tmpgenc? why is this so easy for everybody but me? what gives?

Minion  2003-03-12 03:24:28 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You asked "Do I have to do anything with these Codecs once I have them downloaded?" Well Yes you have to "Install" the Codecs or the Codecs are Useless...

Question - Cutting the black edges on a DIVX No.35335
mist  2003-03-10 11:10:56 ( ID:ebrgibbqt2h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do i cut the black edges on either sides of the DIVX file so that it can fit eventually when played on a TV screen?

thx in advance.

Minion  2003-03-10 20:50:52 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

To Cut out the Black Boarders you have to Use the "Clip Frame" settings ,But your Movie might have a Stretched look from Being stretched to fit Fullscreen..

Question - VCD help No.35333
Damooseman  2003-03-10 04:11:23 ( ID:dlllfeor9hg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have an amd Athalon2700+ 1gb dual channel ddr 400, ATI all in wonder radeon 9700 128mb and a an older Sony 8mm Cam Corder /w 3 rca composite connectors.

I am able to capture the image, in several formats etc..

I want to take my 8mm tapes, and convert them to vcd so I can watch them on my dvd player. I have been successful doing so, however they are very poor quality. They would look better if I just took my composite rca and direct input to VHS and record.

would some one please baby step me as to how to get the best qaulity. I need to know what software and then how to burn on cd, or which cd writer soft is best. Or does TMPGEnc conver everything ready to just burn as data please take me step by step. I am growing weary with this project.

Thanks in advance:
Kevin
a.k.a. DaMooseMan

Minion  2003-03-10 09:32:28 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Quality isn"t ever going to be Very Good if you are Makeing VCD"s out of your Movies..Besides the Fact that you are Captureing from an analog source you are Makeing VCD"s and VCD"s don"t use a Nearly High enough Bitrate to give you very Good Quality, VCD"s Barely look good enough When made From DVD"s..What I would do Is Capture to A high Resolution(720+480) Low Compression Codec Like HuffyUV or PicVideo Mjpeg, Or even Uncompressed if you have the disk space and Drive speed, then You can clean up the Image with a Few Filters In something Like Virtual Dub or With AVISynth,Or if you have a More Profecinal Program Like Premier or Vegas Video you can Add more Complex filters to clean up the Image ,then Encode it to SVCD or even Xvcd Cuz VCD will never give you the Best results.Most DVD players will Play XVCD"s and even some that don"t say they Play SVCD"s Will if Burnt a certain Way..

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.