TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 216 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question VCD showing in top left quarter of TV? Bowtome 3 2003-03-14 22:00:22
Question Removing sound elements Amanoj4ku 1 2003-03-13 21:56:47
Question Frameserving in Premiere 6 Mark 1 2003-03-13 21:55:07
Question MPEG-2 Files can't open and not supported? Mjg 1 2003-03-13 21:53:30
Question .avi audio fix MannaZen1 2 2003-03-13 21:49:27
Question Where to download VFAPI Plug-in depfer 1 2003-03-13 21:30:26
Question New to AVI, MPG and VCD Barbi 2 2003-03-13 21:43:11
Question Batch Encode only does half the list..... I26 0 2003-03-12 22:36:47
Question Invalid pointer operation Natakue 3 2003-03-13 14:04:39
Question Program hangs when trying to import a MPEG2 file Sandro 1 2003-03-12 18:04:53
Question Read error occurred at address 00402F40 of Module..... PoPa 0 2003-03-12 15:03:13
Question Error/Program Closes When I try to load .asf and .avi file PoPa 1 2003-03-12 22:20:27

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 216 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - VCD showing in top left quarter of TV? No.35441
Bowtome  2003-03-13 10:51:33 ( ID:vd4a/gcxlf6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I have used tmpgenc for a while and it was working fine in conjunction with Nero.

I downloaded new version and now when I convert to MPG, it works fine on my pc. I then convert it to VCD as I have done many times before, now when I go to watch it on my DVD player, it is 1 quarter the size of the screen and is alwasy in the top left of the TV, yes it is the full picture, just shrunk. All my previously created VCD's still play fine.

Help !! ;)

Minion  2003-03-13 22:03:05 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Here is what is Confuseing me, You said that the Mpeg file plays fine on your PC Screen , but then you convert it to VCD as you have done Many times Before...If it is a Mpeg file shouldn"t it allready be a VCD(VCD is Mpeg), there for you don"t need to convert it to VCD cuz it is allready a VCD??? Anyways if the File Plays fine on your Computer then it isn"t a Tmpgenc problem But a problem with your Burning program...Encodeing the File to The Wrong Resolution will Cause the Problem that you are Haveing, so check that the Resolution of the VCD file is Compliant with VCD Specs....

Bowtome  2003-03-14 10:25:52 ( ID:vd4a/gcxlf6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, when I meant convert to VCD, I mean take mpg file from hard disk and use nero to put it onto a cd so I can watch it on my DVD player, which is a conversion of sorts as it adds the VCD player software.

If I use winoncd 6 to create the VCD(it also does a new conversion as it says the mpg file is encoded incorrectly) then it works full screen fine.

Anybody know default tmgenc settings for creating full screen PAL ? Thanks

Ashy  2003-03-14 22:00:22 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You are obviously a novice at this even though you say you have done it before many times.

To use TMPG to convert to standard VCD all you have to do is select the VCD PAL template then use the VCD option in NERO to burn and you can't go wrong, but if this file is working on your PC it can't be the encoding process unless you have encoded to some weird resolution which your DVD player cannot handle.

If the MPEG isn't encoded properly then NERO will tell you so.

Also did you split this MPEG? If so did you set the stream type to 'MPEG1 VCD'.

Post the stats of your MPEG here.

ASHY

Question - Removing sound elements No.35439
Amanoj4ku  2003-03-13 09:13:04 ( ID:/tiftjhncnh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was just wondering if it is possible to 'clip' off elements of an audio track and then just to have an earlier element repeated in it's place. For example i have a 3 second video clip and I want to remove the audio of the last second and then repeat the sound from the first second I've tried going into "other settings" (4th option on the "source range" page). In the "MPEG" settings page I then went to the "audio" tab. Then with audio edit highlighted I tried to remove the last second of audio, but this doesn't seem to work. I'm at a loss, if you can, please help. Thankyou in advance.

Minion  2003-03-13 21:56:47 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This Definately Can NOT be done with Tmpgenc...You need a High Quality Audio editor like Sound forge to do something like this....

Question - Frameserving in Premiere 6 No.35437
Mark  2003-03-13 06:55:04 ( ID:to/duktleoo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do I need in order to export TempGenc encoded mpeg files straigt from Adobe Premiere's timeline?

Minion  2003-03-13 21:55:07 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Probably the "Video Server Plugin" from "http://www.videotools.net/"...I don"t think it is Free though...

Question - MPEG-2 Files can't open and not supported? No.35435
Mjg  2003-03-13 06:21:45 ( ID:ixm5nb9rodk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I try to encode a mpeg 2 file it says its not supported, I installed a few dvd player programs like mediamatics dvd express, cyberlink power dvd 4 and a few others and every time TMPG still gives me the not supported error I have tried almost everything

Minion  2003-03-13 21:53:30 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Since you have Power DVD Installed you should have the Cyberlink Mpeg2 decoder installed so Tmpgenc can open Mpeg2 files, So check the "Vfapi Plugins" and see if the "Cyberlink Mpeg2 decoder" is Registered, and if it is Try raiseing the Priority of the Plugin...But I still Find it Much easier and Faster to use DVD2AVI to Frame serve the Video to Tmpgenc to encode(Don"t encode the audio Cuz it is allready in Mpeg format)..DVD2AVI is a Faster Mpeg2 decoder that the Decoders that Tmpgenc uses....

Question - .avi audio fix No.35432
MannaZen1  Home )  2003-03-13 04:25:22 ( ID:bretwi1a3.g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

(it's been a while)

I have a copy of an .avi and the audio is off by a few seconds. Does anybody know what program I can use to sync it w/ the video?

Thanks

Tomo  2003-03-13 08:37:27 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

insert the avi in tmpg
check the "source" box
a new box will open
at the bottom u will see audio gap correct
this bit is trial an error to get the right setting so do a few tests

Minion  2003-03-13 21:49:27 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That Might not work either depending on what type of sync problem it is...If the Audio is the Same amout out of sync the whole way through the Movie then the method described above will fix it But if say the Movie starts out in Sync but By the end of the Movie it is way out of sync then this is Much harder to fix and you would need to stretch the audio to the length of the video with an audio editing program...

Question - Where to download VFAPI Plug-in No.35430
depfer  2003-03-13 04:07:45 ( ID:boww0cvmnu6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I used DVD2AVI and created a .D2V file. Some directions I have states that I need to download VFAPI plug-in in order for TMPGEnc to recognize the .D2V as a legal file type. I can't seem to find a download link that works. Please help.

One note I found said you can download it from TMPGEnc's homepage, but I sure don't find it there.....

Thanks,
JIm

Ashy  2003-03-13 21:30:26 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You don't need the VFAPI plugin for DVD2AVI project files. The TMPG VFAPI plugin is so TMPG can read it's own project files and is already included with the TMPG download.

Just copy DVD2AVI.vfp from the DVD2AVI folder into your TMPG folder. If you still have problems raise it's priority in the VFAPI plugins.

ASHY

Question - New to AVI, MPG and VCD No.35427
Barbi  2003-03-13 00:01:05 ( ID:sbezb30us6n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi

I'm new to this so please forgive me if this has been asked before.

I've recently downloaded some AVI files which I'd like to convert to VCD format. I have other software which copies directly from DVD to VCD and the video quality is excellent, even with just VCD settings.

However, after I've encoded the AVI using TMPGenc to MPG format, I played the MPG file on my PC and it was fine, but then using the same software that I used to copy DVD's, I copy the MPG image to VCD, and the video quality is very poor and choppy, but the audio is fine.

Could anyone please help me and tell me if there are any settings I should be doing in TMPGEnc to create a higher quality MPG file? I don't know if my player supports SVCD files or not.

I've used VCDeasy to create the VCD from DVD's and MPG but the quality is different. I obviously can appreciate that DVD quality is better to begin with, and if this is why the result is so different, then so be it. But if anyone also knows settings for VCD easy that have worked for them, I'd really appreciate it.

TIA,
Barbi

Tomo  2003-03-13 08:33:08 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

after tmpg.. burn the mpeg with nero on vcd setting an all will be fine

Minion  2003-03-13 21:43:11 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If the Playback is Choppy then that could be because of many things But usually because you have encoded to the wrong Frame rate..You have to find out the Frame rate of your AVI file then encode to that Frame rate, if you use a Frame rate that is Different that the AVI files frame rate then you will get this Jumpy effect when watching .....

Question - Batch Encode only does half the list..... No.35426
I26  2003-03-12 22:36:47 ( ID:bait5g1pg8g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I set up 8 projects last night. All about hour clips. It highlighted them all and hit run. I woke up to find 4 done. What about the rest. Then I did the same with the remaining 4. Well i come home and it stopped after 2. What gives? I know my system can handle it. Any suggestions?

Question - Invalid pointer operation No.35422
Natakue  2003-03-12 20:12:56 ( ID:ctqryf.h2ka )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why does it say that when i load a avi to convert it?

Natakue

Tomo  2003-03-12 23:00:48 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

normally an xvid file does that
try raising direct show to 2 in enviromental settings but dont use wizard after raising it

also make sure u got xvid codecs installed

thats presuming it is xvid

Natakue  2003-03-13 13:53:40 ( ID:ctqryf.h2ka )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks i will try that.

Natakue

Natakue  2003-03-13 14:04:39 ( ID:ctqryf.h2ka )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I cant find a direct show tab or any thing in the enviromental settings...is it called something else?

Question - Program hangs when trying to import a MPEG2 file No.35420
Sandro  2003-03-12 15:15:52 ( ID:kox8xd7xrxh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a SVCD version of a movie here. My stand-alone player tho only plays VCDs, so I wanted to use TMPGEnc to convert the file (AVSEQ01.MPG of the SVCD) into MPEG1 to burn it on a VCD. But as soon as I select this file for import, the HD works but the program hangs and after a while I have to close it via Windows Task Manager.

Anyone has an idea why?

TIA

Sandro

Ashy  2003-03-12 18:04:53 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need to copy the file to the hard drive first. It's not a good idea to try and work directly from a disk like this as you will have problems, as you have noticed. It's not hanging, but just loading the file very very slowly.

ASHY

Question - Read error occurred at address 00402F40 of Module..... No.35419
PoPa  2003-03-12 15:03:13 ( ID:7ooj8akjqca )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Read error occurred at address 00402F40 of Module 'TMPGenc.exe' with 6461654E

this is what happens when I just tried encoding one of my .avi files, after not being able to open it in the program, but then i had put the priority option of DIRECTSHOW up to 2, and it allowed me to open it, but when I hit "START" to encode the problem at the top is what occurrs.

Question - Error/Program Closes When I try to load .asf and .avi file No.35417
PoPa  2003-03-12 14:29:50 ( ID:7ooj8akjqca )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Error/Program Closes When I try to load .asf and .avi file

Its worked for most asf files and avi files and mpg files, but I got a few files that I want to convert to mpeg for a VCD, but when I open them the program immediately says theres an error and closes.

Anyone else have this problem before?

thank

PoPa

Minion  2003-03-12 22:20:27 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Make sure you have the Latest WMV/WMA Codecs installed, and if you still have Problems go to "Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to Vfapi Plugins" and Raise the "Direct Show" to "2"..And see if that helps..And I warn you that you might not get any Audio output from your ASF Files cuz Tmpgenc can sometimes have problems with the WMA audio format used By ASF Files, it is a Good idea to encode the audio with a different audio encoder....

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.