TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 227 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question How to extract left channel from audio file jen 2 2003-03-02 10:19:21
Question tmpgenc closes without error message? ocj 4 2003-03-02 21:58:26
Question Consistent read error while converting AVI to MPEG2 John 2 2003-03-02 16:36:13
Question motion search precision, will it make the result better? theunknown 1 2003-03-01 19:26:37
Question No sound in AVI ProTeuS 2 2003-03-01 13:26:55
Request AUDIO SOURCE John Lee 1 2003-03-01 06:03:37
Question VCD breaks up and gets blocky.... I26 14 2003-03-03 20:40:56
Question SVCD/BIN-CUE question Tina 3 2003-03-01 01:10:51
Question Erratic frameserving to TMPG Pscy 7 2003-03-03 05:33:28
Question Green screen, but audio OK Vitmanga 1 2003-02-28 20:30:46
Question Problem with AVI files Mike 5 2003-03-03 01:51:01
Question avi - mpeg2 *reboots after encoding :'( Gary 6 2003-03-02 17:10:53

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 227 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - How to extract left channel from audio file No.35002
jen  2003-03-02 00:04:18 ( ID:fo0xt1hlskl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have multi-language vcd, left channel play chinese audio, right channel play english audio, when I watch vcd I need to munually adjust speaker to the desire channel. now I want to remake vcd for english only (left channel), please tell how to setup, thank you very much

Minion  2003-03-02 01:05:06 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t think you can, Well not with Tmpgenc..You would need to use an Audio editor to Extract the english channel to a Mono track then convert it to a Sterio Track then Mux the audio back with the video..There are Probably many tools that can do this but I don"t think that Tmpgenc is one of them..and you do not need to do any Encodeing of the video Just the audio...

Ashy  2003-03-02 10:19:21 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have given you the answer to this question over a week ago. Please pay attention in future!
This is your previous post: Request - How to extract left channel from audio file No.34765

Here is the answer again:

Virtualdub will do the job nicely.

1. Load your VCD into Virtualdub.

2. Click 'Audio' then 'Full processing mode' then 'Conversion' from the menu.

3. Where it says 'channel' choose the channel you wish to save. I.E. the left channel. Click OK.

4. Next click File then 'Save wav' from the menu. Choose a name for the wav and save it somewhere. This will save the left track into both channels.

In TMPG:

1. Load your wav into TMPG in the 'Audio' field and check 'Audio only' as the stream setting.

2. Now encode. When TMPG has finished you will have an .MP2 file.

3. Go to File>MPEGtools and load your VCD into the the Video field of the
simple multiplexer'
Load your new Mp2 into the audio field.
Choose 'MPEG1 video cd' as the 'Type' then name your output and click run.

4. When TMPG is finished you will have a new VCD with just the English track.

ASHY

Question - tmpgenc closes without error message? No.34997
ocj  2003-03-01 21:45:11 ( ID:h/v5gmnayao )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have no ides why this is happening but when I encode an avi file into a standard vcd 1150 cbr or even when i use a lower bitrate of 1000 cbr.

I leave my computer unattended when it is encoding and when i come back to use it Tmpgenc has closed but the file that it was able to encode before it closed is on the hard drive in usable condition it always happens at different times sometimes it encodes 6 minutes or 45 minutes and I have no idea why it happens because I don't receive any error messages.

I have encoded many mpg files and didn't have any problems before this problem has been bugging me since yesterday.

Any help is appreciated.

I have an ASUS A7V333 AMD athlon xp 1800+ 256mb ram

Wayne  2003-03-02 13:10:12 ( ID:h9axdmtwfdo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I too have experienced this problem. I have yet to get an answer from anyone but I have narrowed it down to encoding certain divx files that I've downloaded. What I have found is that the encoded video is truncated about 2 seconds. Is this the case with the files you've been encoding?

My system is an ASUS A7V8X AMD athlon xp 2400+ 1.0gb ram.

ocj  2003-03-02 13:46:19 ( ID:h/v5gmnayao )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Wayne what do you mean by truncated?

I checked the video for errors with virtual dub and it's fine absolutely no errors and I extracted the audio as a wav file before encoding.

I tried getting the free verion of tmpgenc and encoded with it yesterday only about 45 minutes and it did not shut down. I am not sure if it was just luck or if it was the tmpgenc i had was flawed.

but this has actually happened before and i just replaced tmpgenc and it seemed to go away but it reoccurs every so often. I am pretty sure it's a windows setting or something because when i have problems encoding a certain video if I just reencode it again it will usually do it fine the 2nd time so I don' think it is an error in the video.

Maybe but not likely if you have ever used a program IOLO System mechanic which I have used you can adjust a setting so that non-responding programs will be automatically shut down. I used the program and turned of that setting.Maybe you have used it before to and I wa thinking windows might think tmpgenc is non-responsive sometimes.

I have seen when tmpgenc closes for no reason and I was surprised I was sitting b the comp and I saw it just close as if i had aborted and closed it myself or also even stranger sometimes when I click start encoding or any other operation it will close itself with no error message.

I have windows xp proffesional :)

Abel  2003-03-02 19:36:53 ( ID:4bbk5n9bato )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yup have the same problem here...

OS win2k
Mb Gigabyte 6vtxe
P3 700

For me TmpgEnc will close for both single avi conver or batch avi convert. It is an immediate close not 1 minute or 45 minutes...

Am looking for other software to do the job...

ocj  2003-03-02 21:58:26 ( ID:h/v5gmnayao )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Make sure your computer's hard drive is defragmented because I read in another post someone solved their problem by defragmenting the hard drive.

It might be causing some of the problems.

Question - Consistent read error while converting AVI to MPEG2 No.34994
John  2003-03-01 20:28:30 ( ID:gt3m0hp1x2k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Although I have already converted this large avi VHS captured file (19GB), and it had converted OK a couple times with other times reboots and/or errors. When I finally thought that I had achieved a good result, DVDMAESTRO is giving me the ÁÕhis video bitrate is too high according to the DVD standardsEerror and stops building the structure. Then I had to try to reconvert reducing the bitrate and then is when all my actual problems started. TMPGE stops converting on 100% of my attempts, in spite of all changes I have made. It is been two weeks now over the same problem. The most common errors were:

Read error occurred at address 00483F5D of module 'TMPGEnc.exe' with FFFFFFFF.
Read error occurred at address 0049A567 of module 'TMPGEnc.exe' with 333231D4.
Read error occurred at address 00499775 of module 'TMPGEnc.exe' with 24232228.
Read error occurred at address 00482408 of module 'TMPGEnc.exe' with FFFFFFFF.
or
Illegal floating decimal point calculation order.
or
At address 4090544, Read error occurred against address 4090544.

My last tried setting is a 2-pass VBR with 3400MB average bitrate with maximum set to 6000MB and minimum rate set to 0, NTSC, High Quality motion precision, DC component 9 bits, YUV 4:2:0, ratio 4:3, VBV buffer 0 (automatic), sound LPCM stereo, no closed GOPs.

I believe that the ÁÕoo high error rateEwas given because the movie was compiled with TMPG set to a maximum of 8000MB bitrate. If that had happened (on a peak) and was added to the LPCM bitrate, which eats bandwith, that could have reached the DVD upper rate limit.

I desperately want to save this graduation tape, any ideas are welcome.

My hardware is a ASUS A7N8X with XP2100+, Corsair Xtreme DDR2700, video ATI 9700PRO and 450GB of HDs, the biggest one is the 200GB Maxtor Every, very fast one E SONY DRU 500A, all with XP PRO.

My TMPGEnc is a registered copy. TMPGEnc does not respond to my inquiries.

Minion  2003-03-02 00:59:21 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I"m not surprised that Tech support doesn"t reply, they are Dick heads , after they get your Money that is the Last they want to hear from you unless you want to spend more money..I don"t really know exactly how to fix the errors you are getting ,But I do have an idea as to how to fool your DVD authoring Program into thinking that the Bitrate is Lower than it really is, there is a Program called "DVD Patcher" that will Change the header of the File so that it shows the Bitrate is whatever you want..I use it for Authoring SVCD"s that have over the SVCD Standard Bitrate so that the audthoring program thinks the Bitrate is standard..You can also use it to Change the header so that the Resolution and aspect Ratio are seen to be different than they are..But if Your authoring Program actually analizes the File for the Actual bitrate then this will not work, and Might not work even if you Do lower the Bitrate in Tmpgenc Because Tmpgenc Has Really Really Bad Bitrate controll, I have had SVCD files set at 2500kbs that Tmpgenc encoded But after encodeing I put the File in a Bitrate Viewer and the Bitrate has spiked up to over 5000kbs..When I need Realy strict Bitrate controll(And awesome Quality) I use CCE SP to encode to Mpeg2 cuz it follows the bitrate exactly as you set it and produces exelent Quality and is Up to 5 times faster than Tmpgenc and Does up to 9 pass encodeing...But to get rid of the errors you are getting you might try Frameserveing the source file to Tmpgenc with something like Virtual Dub or AVISYnth....

John  2003-03-02 16:36:13 ( ID:gt3m0hp1x2k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you Minion for your kind answer. I saved it for future reference.

Yesterday night I had a miracle over here and I could find were problem was. I had been around this problem for more than a week. Because the hard disk where I am storing the avi is new (I mounted it on Feb 08), I could never imagine that the problem was fragmentation! Can you believe that? The 19GB avi file was 68% fragmented, causing TMPG to either reboot or cause those read errors. It took me hours and 3 pass to defragment the disk. Today I was able to compile the DVD, burn and test it, and it came out just perfect! To get rid of the ÁÃit rate too highEI encoded selecting on the Á®PEG Setting -> Rate Control Mode -> 2-pass VBS(VBR) -> Setting -> Maximum Bitrate 6000. I choose Average Bitrate to 3400 to fit the 1:53 tape below the 4070MB file size mark. If you leave the Maximum Bitrate on its default, i.e., 8000MB, and you are encoding your sound track using LPCM, the two bitrates combined, during peak video bitrates, can cause the excess bandwidth. Limiting the Maximum Bitrate to 6000MB (or 7000MB) avoid that to happen. Other option is to keep the Maximum Bitrate at 8000MB and encoded the sound using MPEG. The collateral effect is that your players legacy compliance will reduce.

Thanks,

John

Question - motion search precision, will it make the result better? No.34992
theunknown  2003-03-01 17:20:54 ( ID:.w6bhe5o1ok )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You see, I'm going encode a SVCD. I'm going to encode the movie with 2520 kbps CBR.
Will the output get better if I chose Normal, High or Very high instead of Fast in the motion search precision field?
I mean, I'm using the highest bitrate so the motion search precision will not have any noticeble effect, right?

/david

Ashy  2003-03-01 19:26:37 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Of course it will make a difference.
How do you expect TMPG to allocate the bitrate to each scene correctly if it doesn't look for where the motion is in a frame? The higher the setting the more accurate the search will be and 2520 kbps CBR is not the highest bitrate or is it even that high anyway.
My advice is to use a VBR setting, the best being 'Constant Quality(CQ)' and raise the bitrate.

Set it to 'high'. This will give a noticable improvement over the 'normal' setting, but don't bother with 'highest' as there is no improvment over 'high' except for the dranatically increased time it takes to encode.

ASHY

Question - No sound in AVI No.34989
ProTeuS  2003-03-01 11:08:37 ( ID:vxd/zhkjvma )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have created a d2v project file in DVD2AVI and a mpa sound file was created automaticlly.
Then I got to TMPGEnc and open the d2v project file and the sound file.
And when I save it as a AVI file I don't get any sound in the file but when I save it as a MPEG file I get sound.
What's wrong?

Ashy  2003-03-01 12:28:10 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What compression setting did you choose for the AVI audio?
In any case you should have created a wav for the audio not an Mpa file.

ASHY

ProTeuS  2003-03-01 13:26:55 ( ID:vxd/zhkjvma )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

MP3, 128kBit/s, 44,100 Hz, Stereo

Request - AUDIO SOURCE No.34987
John Lee  2003-03-01 02:37:37 ( ID:scnfso1ev3j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a problem. Everytime I click on "Browse" to locate my AVI as the audio source, I get back a message saying, "Cannot open, or unsupported". I dunno what to do , now. The video was okay, but the adio source wont open. Can someone please help me??

Please email if you can help.

Minion  2003-03-01 06:03:37 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Generally speaking you should Extract the audio from your AVI files to a WAV file then use the wav file as the audio source..More and More poeple are useing AC3 audio in there Files especially with DiVX and XviD file downloaded off the net and Many encoders have major problems with AC3 Audio, so use something like "Virtual Dub" or even Better "AVI-MuX" to extract the audio to WAV format and use that as the audio source...

Question - VCD breaks up and gets blocky.... No.34972
I26  2003-03-01 02:01:21 ( ID:bait5g1pg8g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was wondering if any has experienced the video playing great and then 30m or so into the video breaks up here and there and then returns to normal. I can't figure it out and need some help. Any ideas?

Ryguy  2003-03-01 05:08:21 ( ID:y0cv6nkdwhf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does it only happen when you burn the mpg file to vcd or is it in the actual encoded file? I had a problem like this in which when I burned vcds about 30 or 40 minutes into it the video would get very glitchy and blocky. In the end I realised it was the brand of cds I was using (Imation). Now I use Verbatim cds and I can say that they are awesome.

EkS-  2003-03-01 05:48:16 ( ID:8e3qtzowwrr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Guess what type of CD's I'm using? IMATION lol, they glitch...
not to bad but they do.
What's with that anyways?
Anyhow I'm gonna pick up a dif brand tomm.
Later.

Minion  2003-03-01 05:59:58 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well this happens when you use Crappy Disks and when you burn on to high of a Burning speed, if you are useing really cheap CD-R"s then I wouldn"t Burn at higher than 4+ speed, I use High Quality TDK Disks and I don"t burn at faster than 8+ speed , Cuz even with High Quality disks you will get Problems burning on High speed...

Ashy  2003-03-01 10:40:05 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I agree with Minion. Don't burn at high speed. Some cheap disks also cause problems.
The best disks I have found, and have noticed this is agreed with in many other forums, is the brands made by RITEK such as DATASAFE.
This goes for both DVDR and CDR. These disks are highly reliable and give great performance regarding playback.

ASHY

EkS-  2003-03-01 20:23:38 ( ID:8e3qtzowwrr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I forgot to say it only breaks up when I play it in my DC (dreamcast)
Yes that's my movie player. I think it doesn't have enough power or something.

Ashy  2003-03-01 22:21:23 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you using the crappy Dreamcast VCD player software or are you using Gyplay?

ASHY

I26  2003-03-02 02:38:28 ( ID:bait5g1pg8g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Holy shnikes man.....I am using Imation cds as well. I only buy them cause I thought they were good cds. They seem to scratch less easy than others. WTF!?!??! So it is the cds none-the-less. Looks like I need a new brand. I get them at a heck of a rebate here when they go on sale. NOW WHAT DO I BUY INSTEAD??? Thanx for the help.

I26  2003-03-02 02:43:41 ( ID:bait5g1pg8g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What about memorex......they r fairly cheap in price but i think they tend to scratch easily. What about Maxell. Or how about Fuji?

EkS-  2003-03-02 06:34:18 ( ID:pv/clry3rd2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I use GypPlay, but i'm going to get a dvd player here soon, and make vcd's.
Can't stand those break up's. BTW tested a "TDK" brand cd-r on DC, same result's as the "Imation"

Minion  2003-03-02 20:37:21 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well then the Problem is Probably your Dream Cast...You can get a DVD Player that Plays Most Formats For well under $100...Maybe it is time for an Investment..

I26  2003-03-02 21:44:41 ( ID:bait5g1pg8g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well i bought some Verbatim DatalifePlus and burned the VCD part one at 4x with my Liteon 40x burner. Still i get blockyness. Not at same parts though as before. Maybe its the VCDEasy program when i add chapters. It could be the culprit???

I26  2003-03-03 02:27:02 ( ID:bait5g1pg8g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

GUESS WHAT.....ITS VCDEasy PROGRAM. Its making my hard work turn to krap. So much for adding chapters!!!

Minion  2003-03-03 03:25:39 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I use VCDEasy with Most of my Non-standard SVCD"s and Have never had a Problem with it..Did you burn at a VERY Low speed??? and there are Lots of other Programs that will add Chapters besides VCDEasy, Like Most Ulead Authoring Programs...

I26  2003-03-03 20:40:56 ( ID:bait5g1pg8g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Could you give me exact names of some of these programs? I would like to keep chapters but VCDEasy is not working well for me. I burned the one test VCD at 4x on Verbatim DatalifePLUS cd-r's and they got blocky on me when adding chapters. I am using a LiteON 40x burner. I then burnt the same VCD but at 24x with out chapters and it played perfectly the whole time.

Question - SVCD/BIN-CUE question No.34968
Tina  2003-02-28 23:25:28 ( ID:cbp0rk29cq. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have an SVCD movie file in BIN/CUE format. (assume the file works).

When I burn it to NERO everything appears to burn fine but my DVD player will not play the movie back. It says "no disk".

I then tried using IsoBuster to extract the MPEG from the BIN/CUE (using the option 'filter only the....'). The resulting MPEG file will load in windows media player, but while the sound works fine, the picture is only a happy face, a constact still picture of a happy face.

I then try opening the MPEG file in TMPGEnc but it says 'unsupported'.

Any suggestions?

Ryguy  2003-02-28 23:51:00 ( ID:y0cv6nkdwhf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try using vcdgear to extract the mpeg from the bin/cue and see if it works.

Ashy  2003-03-01 00:33:12 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Forget VCDGear that software causes more problems than it fixes.
The best way I have found to extract MPEGs from bin files is to use this small app called DAEMON tools for opening images.
http://www.daemon-tools.com/main.htm
Simply install it then load your Bin file into it then copy the MPEG to your drive.

ASHY

Minion  2003-03-01 01:10:51 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

And when burning Bin/Cue Files with Nero You can"t just burn the Bin and cue file and expect it to play, you have to Burn it as an Image File buy going to "File" to "Burn Image" then navigate to the Cue file...and VCDEasy is Good at Extracting Mpegs for Bin/Cue files also...

Question - Erratic frameserving to TMPG No.34960
Pscy  2003-02-28 21:33:06 ( ID:gyx2w45yfel )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Using Avisynth 2.07 tp Frameserve an XVid to TMPEG v2.510 (and I've tried a couple of others as well). As it goes TMPG does open the Xvid OK, but what I'm trying to do is sample a couple of seconds of video per minute (using sampler.dll in Avisynth) to produce a representative sample of 40-50 mins of video (a bit of action, a bit of titles etc). The idea is to then be better able to predict what CQ setting to use to fill a CDR as I've always had to do this by trial and error.

Anyway thats the background, the problem is that I can't get Avisynth to reliably frameserve. One time it will work, the next it won't. There doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason to it. Frameserving with VDub works fine (but doesn't have sampler.dll available) so it isn't useful for this purpose. I've tried a couple of test scripts with just "version()" inthe script as its the simplest script I can think of, but even this is very hit and miss.

Has anyone here any experience of frameserving with AVIsynth and can you think of anything I've missed.

Thoughts appreciated.

Ashy  2003-03-01 00:44:41 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It could be your path.
AVIsynth doesn't like spaces in it's path neither does it like long paths.
For example AVIsynth doesn't like: AVISource("C:folder1folder2folder3 est file")
It would prefer: AVIsource("C:folder est_file")

If you can put your source files and any AVIsynth filters in a folder in the root of your drive.

ASHY

Ashy  2003-03-01 00:49:24 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Also create the .AVS file in the root or a folder in the root of your drive.

ASHY

Minion  2003-03-01 01:07:34 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

And I have read that Disableing the "Direct show" will make AVS Files work Better...

Pscy  2003-03-02 10:49:01 ( ID:gyx2w45yfel )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yeah, already tried the Direct Show switch - no joy with that one unfortunately. There wre spaces in the path, and I've removed them, and no joy there either.

I'm guessing that there has to be something misconfigured or broken in TMPGEnc, as Vdub, sevral media players, Nandub (I could go on here, there are more)will play the file correctly. I suppose another possibility is a shagged codec, I've had TMPG misbehave with some codecs before.

The strange thing is that the test file I've made only has the VideoSource set, and when you attempt to load the file the TMPG window will change size (presumably to allow it to show the video source at correct aspect ratio), and the stream type check box selector in the bottom right hand corner will change to video only, so it seems to be making some sense of it.

Ashy  2003-03-02 11:58:55 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you tried installing the readavs filter?
http://math.berkeley.edu/~benrg/avisynth/tmpgenc-readavs.zip

ASHY

Pscy  2003-03-02 15:18:50 ( ID:gyx2w45yfel )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yup, tried that no joy (I think readavs was intended for use with older versions of TMPG that didn't have avs and vdr support built in, but gave it a shot anyway). I'm gonna install this all on another machin and see how I go. I'm almost certain its a winblows registry/codec problem as these have made TMPG fall over before.

Minion  2003-03-03 05:33:28 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well what allways works great for fixing problems like this for me is to do a Total re-install of my OS, then just install the Programs that I Need..I know it is a Bit of a Hassle But it is still faster that trying to fix the problem for a few days and then haveing to reinstall the OS anyways...

Question - Green screen, but audio OK No.34958
Vitmanga  2003-02-28 17:05:31 ( ID:1hkss7/5ob6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I tried to convert .AVS files made by DVD2AVI, I got green picture, but if I read them with Windows Media Player the picture is OK . Also in the TMPG (2.510) Preview option, no picture during, only green all over frames . Already made the VFAPI plug-in Direct Show to 2 priority and the same .
Thank you to anyone could help me .

Minion  2003-02-28 20:30:46 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Firstly DVD2AVI does Not make AVS Files it makes it makes D2V files, You must mean that you are Frameserveing D2V files with AVISynth to Tmpgenc,But WHY!!! Tmpgenc will Accept the Straight D2V file without any AVISynth Frameserveing, So Just load the D2V file directly into Tmpgenc and Your Problem should be solved But if you are Still stuck on Useing AVISynth you will have to Disable the "Direct Show file Reader" In the VFapi Plugins before the AVS File will Load...

Question - Problem with AVI files No.34952
Mike  2003-02-28 15:49:01 ( ID:n3gilqvtbwl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to convert an avi to an mpeg.. but whenever I try to set the avi file to the video source it says that it cannot be opened or is unsupported. But my friend tried the exact same file on his comp and it worked fine.. so what's the deal??

Minion  2003-02-28 16:53:38 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do you have the Correct Codecs installed to decode the File????? and if you do then Try this ,Go to "Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and Raise the Priority of the "Direct Show File Reader" to "2".. this should get the file loaded..

Mike  2003-02-28 20:24:59 ( ID:n3gilqvtbwl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ah great... that did the trick.. thanks

abel  2003-03-02 18:57:03 ( ID:4bbk5n9bato )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TQ... I helped me toooo.....
Why was this not the default as most file downloaded from Kazaa Lite is in avi format ???

Vangelus  2003-03-02 23:34:26 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had the same problem, but when I tried changing the priority, the program crashed instead of saying it could not read the avi (which I am able to watch). What could be the problem here?

Vangelus  2003-03-03 01:51:01 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had the same problem, but when I tried changing the priority, the program crashed instead of saying it could not read the avi (which I am able to watch). What could be the problem here?

Question - avi - mpeg2 *reboots after encoding :'( No.34945
Gary  2003-02-28 11:59:40 ( ID:2a3zxfdklug )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when encoding an avi to mpeg2 everything used to be fine, but now i come back to my computer to see how a batch encode is going and it is always rebooted (recovered from a serious error in xp) but tmpgenc has actually finished the encoding of the first file and saved it.....

i tried to do a full uninstall and reinstall. but with no joy??

anyone know whats going off?

Minion  2003-02-28 16:51:25 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Maybe see what Happens if you Dont Batch encode and see if you have the same Problem...

John  2003-03-01 19:58:35 ( ID:gt3m0hp1x2k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Many times my computer also reboots but it is not always. I wrote to TMPG support but got no answer. On my own experience there is no relation between the reboot and the conversion been made through batches. It does happen on any configuration. The most probable reason I have identified is that they happen most commonly on very large avi files. However, now I am getting another consistent error: TMPG gives me a read error mask pointing to an each time different TMPG address. I had this kind of error before but it was more sporadically. TMPG does quality conversion? Yes. But the hassle and the hundreds of hours I have already spent debugging it kill me. It turned that the $48 I paid for it became too expensive.

Ashy  2003-03-01 20:15:24 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPG isn't the problem. Your PC setup is. For whatever reason your setup is causing problems.
I don't get this problem and neither do the many thousands of others using TMPG.
If I were you I would do a clean install of your system then maintain it with good houskeeping to prevent any more problems.

ASHY

John  2003-03-01 20:54:22 ( ID:gt3m0hp1x2k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well, I cannot tell by Gary but I am a 27 years in the field electronic engineer. I know computers from inside out. I started designing PCs back on 1981 and I still developing systems nowadays; curiously I work on the same building were IBM developed the IBM-PC in 1984. Therefore, I can tell if my PC is clean and lean and it is. I assembled this PC last January and it uses an ASUS A7N8X with XP2100+, 512 MB of Corsair Xtreme DDR 333, video card ATI 9700PRO, DVD Sony DRU500A, 450GB on fast HDs, and Windows XP Professional. If TMPGenc is not the problem, how I can convert movies using Pinnacle Studio, Sonic MyDVD, ShowBiz, Ulead Studio? Certainly if it is not, it is part of the problem. If you know what setup could be causing the problem that would help. I just bought and installed Norton SystemWorks 2003 Professional and Norton could be causing it, but I cannot be sure of that since not even Symantec admits that they also have problems.

Thanks,

John

Ashy  2003-03-01 23:08:02 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

All I can say is that these sort of problems only seem to happen with AMD processors and certain boards.
You will notice there is another post by OCJ having a similar problem and unusually enough has an ASUS motherboard and an AMD processor.

ASHY

John  2003-03-02 17:10:53 ( ID:gt3m0hp1x2k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK, yesterday night I could find a very significant problem. I had been around the reboot + 'read error' problems for more than a week. Because the hard disk where I am storing the avi is new (I mounted it on Feb 08), I could never imagine that the problem was fragmentation! The 19GB avi file was 68% fragmented, causing TMPG to either reboot or cause those read errors. It took me hours and 3 pass to defragment the disk but after that TMPG ran without errors.

Other suggestions to Gary:
(1) Find if your CPU is not overheating during encoding. TMPG is a heavy software and, in my case where I have 4 fans, the CPU temperature reaches 60C. Anyway, you have to find your own CPU threshold and make sure you are within the safe zone;
(2) Try to convert the AVI into MSDVTYPE2 by using the free conversion software that Canopus USA is offering if the file is TYPE1DV;
(3) If your are using AMD remove the check box of TMPGEnc Plus - Option - Environmental setting - CPU - 'Enable SSE.'
(4) Be sure your AVI file is not fragmented!

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.