TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 338 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question mpeg-2 encoding function has expired. jaeyeol, yoon 2 2002-11-18 23:17:04
Question Can not open or unsupported Kawiseca 1 2002-11-18 23:15:38
Question Tmpgenc 2.58+XVID+VDUB frame server Gardel 8 2002-11-24 20:01:04
Question VCD Flicker After Conversion from DV Cam File Jimbo 4 2002-11-19 07:45:42
Question Problems encoding AVI to single MPEG file...v2.59 Vincenzo 0 2002-11-18 04:32:50
Bug report Wizard has a Bug, big problem for beginners! Piccolo 1 2002-11-18 23:07:12
Question How can TMPGEnc Read TS file ? cashy 1 2002-11-18 23:04:14
Question Multiprocessors... any faster? JackTheRipper 3 2002-11-19 15:39:57
Question Sound Sync humet 5 2002-12-02 20:09:59
Question Error At adress 028BDB4A Morten 5 2002-11-19 23:29:47
Question Where do I enter the serial number? tkshores 1 2002-11-17 23:16:59
Question Problem busting iso from SVCD authored by VCDEasy Flash 2 2002-11-18 14:02:41

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 338 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - mpeg-2 encoding function has expired. No.30905
jaeyeol, yoon  2002-11-18 11:17:06 ( ID:d4hia8o5wdg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi?
I had today download TMPGEnc 2.59.
I want make s-vcd format mpeg-2.
but I get the error in less than a day : "mpeg-2 encoding function has expired."
where is the problem ?
Thanks for your reply.
thanks.

B_Racer  2002-11-18 15:14:08 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You have to purchase the programm to use MPEG2 for more than 30 days.

Minion  2002-11-18 23:17:04 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You are only allowed to use the Demo Version Once and when it runs out you Have to Buy the program...You can"t just download a new demo when ever yours runs out...

Question - Can not open or unsupported No.30903
Kawiseca  2002-11-18 11:09:25 ( ID:rkft/y5oc6o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hallo,
if i open an avi file,
tmpgenc will bring me a massage
"...can not open, or unsupported"
What should i do?

Minion  2002-11-18 23:15:38 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go to "options" to "Enviromental settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and raise the "Direct show" to "2"...

Question - Tmpgenc 2.58+XVID+VDUB frame server No.30894
Gardel  2002-11-18 10:29:14 ( ID:s2jtz1ncbs. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

usually I use the frame server fonction of virtual dub to re-encode XVID files into divx 5.02 before encode them in TMPGenc to MPEG2 format.

But recently Tmpgenc send me a "unsupported file" message, and I can't use this methode anymore.The frameserver looks working fine, I can encode the XVID with VDUB in a 5.02 avi file. Then I can transform the 5.02 avi in MPEG 2 with TMPG. To be clear :

* XVID --> Divx 5.02 via frame server (VDUB) --> MPEG2 (TMPGenc) : not working
* XVID --> Divx 5.02 in avi file (VDUB), avi --> MPEG2 (TMPG) : working
* Divx 3 or 4 --> Divx 5.02 via frame server (VDUB) --> MPEG2 (TMPG) : working

where is the problem ?

Minion  2002-11-18 23:14:47 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why are you doing it this way????Besides degradeing the Quality by re-encodeing the XViD to DivX you are wasteing a lot of time by doing it this way....And XVid and DivX are both Mpeg-4 formats and they should be close in Quality well not after you re-encode it to divx...I would sudgest doing it the Correct way and Not encode to DivX cuz you WILL Loose Quality this way...

Gardel  2002-11-19 07:10:08 ( ID:s2jtz1ncbs. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks to NOT answer to my question. The quality is absolutly not the problem. Some XVID files produce error in TMPGEnc, and reencoding it in Divx can solve the problem. With the Frame server I don't loose any time.
And the reencoding isn't the only problem. If I want to include subtitle inside the video, I have to use the Subtitler filter of Virtual Dub, with the frame server again. With a XVID, it fails : "unsupported format".
So, you can keep your all-in-one opinion, and only take your keyboard if you have a real solution...

ASHY  2002-11-19 17:55:29 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What are you talking about??? Don't be so disrespectful to someone who is trying to help you.
Minion has just given you some sound advice which you have shunned.

I too don't see the point of re-encoding to Divx 5 and what do you mean by via the Virtualdub frameserver?
Are you saying you are frameserving to TMPG and using IT to encode to Divx 5 and then using TMPG again to encode the Divx file....

....what a waste of time.

If you are having problems with XVID files in TMPG then simply load them into Virtualdub and Frameserve them as they are straight to TMPG and encode directly to MPEG. This DIVX 5 step is totally unecessary.

If you are having problems loading XVID files into Virtualdub then it must be a codec problem so you probably need to re-install the XVID codec.

ASHY

Gardel  2002-11-20 09:45:38 ( ID:s2jtz1ncbs. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ashy, thanks to answer to my question, but when I frameserve XVID in virtual Dub, it's make a unsuported format in TMPG. Like I said before : I can open XVID files in virtualdub, I can convert them or use filter on them in virtual dub, I only can't frameserve them ! It's the only point.

ASHY  2002-11-20 22:10:35 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Create a frameserver file with Virtualdub and then open 'another' instance of Virtualdub and let me know if the file loads into it ok.

If it doesn't load into Virtualdub then the frameserver isn't installed correctly.

ASHY

Gardel  2002-11-21 09:40:02 ( ID:s2jtz1ncbs. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What a great idea !

I have done the test with a XVID film (frameserve in VDUB 1 ,and open .vdr file in VDUB 2) : "can't determinate the file format"...

same test with a DIVX film : all is ok.

So the frameserver is working but not with the XVID codec... I have test it with the last "stable" codec and the last koepi's release. Same error...

ASHY  2002-11-21 21:05:15 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try this program. It can do almost exactly the same as Virtualdub and some things it can't. It can create project files which can be opened in TMPG.
http://www.divx-digest.com/software/aviutl.html

ASHY

Gardel  2002-11-24 20:01:04 ( ID:s2jtz1ncbs. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanks a lot again !

But, can you explain to me shortly how to frameserve with this program (the 0.98 release) ? I haven't find any fonction like this in it.

Thanks in advance

Question - VCD Flicker After Conversion from DV Cam File No.30889
Jimbo  2002-11-18 10:22:47 ( ID:duwu3v.pkar )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

The flicker and general quality is real bad and hard on the eyes.
I've tried all possible settings.
If I take a ripped .dat file from a commercial VCD and convert it to .mpg with TMPG and then burn that, the quality is identical to the original - very good.
So the problem is not with burning or DVD player. The problem must be with the encoding from the DV camera's captured .AVI file to the .mpg file.
Perhaps it's the DV codec.
Has anyone had this problem ?

Cheers Jimbo

Minion  2002-11-18 23:10:19 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t really Know what you mean By "Flicker"...But it sounds like you are encodeing your source file to a different frame rate as the source file...You have to encode the Mpeg file to the same frame rate as the AVI file you are encodeing...But if not then try to explain the problem a bit more...

itcth  2002-11-19 04:08:10 ( ID:gashcnmnhhh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I do agree with Jimbo that when encoding from DV file the quality drop so much when compare with the same footage but capture in RGB24.Perhaps,the conversion from YUY2 to RGB is the real problem.Any suggestion?

Jimbo  2002-11-19 06:38:20 ( ID:duwu3v.pkar )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

By "Flicker" I mean that when there is a camera pan, the picture is blurred and flickers horizontally.
This only happens with DV camera AVI files. ie. PAL 720 X 576 25FPS.
I've tried rendering AVI file to PAL 352 X 288 25FPS first and then converting that to MPG. I've also tried deinterlacing and upper/lower frame first and also progressive scan. Still no good !
Commercially ripped VCD(.dat)files that have been re-burnt to CDR/CDRW are fine with good quality. 25FPS is maintained throughout, by the way.
Ive tried the different VFAPI codecs too.
How are other users of TMPG getting on with DV camera AVI files ?

Cheers Jimbo

itcth  2002-11-19 07:45:42 ( ID:gashcnmnhhh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Jimbo
Did you try Procoder with DV Pal? Quality is excellent and much much better than TMPGEnc espectially in PAN/ZOOM area.

I live in PAL area and dealing with DV and TMPGEnc still big headache for me.
I have tried every possiblity to inprove my VCD(from DV file) with TMPGEnc but
no luck.

Question - Problems encoding AVI to single MPEG file...v2.59 No.30888
Vincenzo  2002-11-18 04:32:50 ( ID:w9oncen.cz2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi All,

I am having a problem when I try to convert an AVI to MPEG for DVD on the new 2.59 version. I would also like to point out that this is NOT a problem with the 2.58 version. I want to produce a single MPEG file which I get the error : "File xxxx can not open, or unsupported"

However, if I change the environmental settings under general and uncheck enable multiplex, TMPGEnc will encode happily to two seperate files. Is this the correct place to select whether to create a single MPG file or am I possibly using an incorrect parameter?

Any thoughts/ideas on this would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Vin.

Bug report - Wizard has a Bug, big problem for beginners! No.30886
Piccolo  2002-11-18 01:47:29 ( ID:gcinhmmb9lm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the commercial plus version and have installed the version 2.59

I found that the Wizard has a problem.

When you select your file to encode and leave the "System (video and audio)" selected as soon as you start the encode the Stream type kicks to ES (video and audio)

This does not happen if you cancel the wizard and simply select the appropriate profile to load e.g. PAL DVD.

On that note what are best settings for highest quality for PAL DVD encoding? i.e. CQ or VBR and what bit rate settings amongst other choices available?

Thanks

Minion  2002-11-18 23:07:12 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Useing the CQ method is the best for time and Quality if you have a Good source file...Multi-Pass might be better if you don"t have a Clean source file..

Question - How can TMPGEnc Read TS file ? No.30884
cashy  2002-11-18 00:58:01 ( ID:rujr0wjhuar )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I captured DTV(MPEG TS) with DTV capture board.

This DTV capture board captures DTV Stream(.tp).

TMPGEnc does not read MPEG2 TS(Transport Stream) file.

How can TMPGEnc read this TS file ?

What kind of VFAPI can be used to read TS file.

Minion  2002-11-18 23:04:14 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You CANT encode "Transport Streams" with Tmpgenc you need to use something like "PV Strumento" or even "Mpeg2VCR" can turn transport streams to System streams...then you can use tmpgenc...

Question - Multiprocessors... any faster? No.30880
JackTheRipper  2002-11-17 23:59:19 ( ID:jpuw81aqtxw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am just curious. I have dual processor P3 1Ghz, running a dual processor os... and running version 2.58.44... and I've set the settings in the "Option", "Environmental Settings", "CPU" for multithreading (2 CPUS)... But it appears that my other cpu is idleing... did i do something wrong... if i can get the second processor enabled.. would it be faster?

Just curious.. any help appreciated.. :D

Minion  2002-11-18 23:02:00 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well that is the purpose of haveing a Dual CPU and Multi-Threading...so the odvius answer is Yes!!

Reinhard  2002-11-19 07:23:54 ( ID:2x7xlazqvzr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I can report the same problem - I tested V 2.53, I've set the settings in the "Option", "Environmental Settings", "CPU" for multithreading (2 CPUS) - and both CPUs together are running with 50%....

I think, this is a bug and when Jack does report the same problem in V 2.58 I suppose, this issue does already exist in the actual version.

I would want to BUY the newest V 2.59 / 2.60-version - if this version would use both CPUs to 100%.....

Regards,
Reinhard

Abit VP6, 2 x P-III/1000, W2K

B_Racer  2002-11-19 15:39:57 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Never trust the Task Manager of Windows, it lies.

Question - Sound Sync No.30874
humet  2002-11-17 23:27:59 ( ID:mk8pw3dua56 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I have spent a while looking through all these messages and found none that will solve my problem.

The problem is, when i am trying to convert my AVI file to MPEG2 the converted files' sound goes out of sync at a certain point in the movie. I have tried extracting sound from AVI into WAV using VirtualDub. I just dont know what to do now. The original AVIs sound is perfect all the way through.

Thank for any help

Humet

Minion  2002-11-17 23:41:26 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This can be very difficult to fix, and it isn"t a Problem with Tmpgenc But with the avi file..I get from your Post that the audio is in sync at the beginning but it gradually goes out of sync as the movie goes on..This can be caused By the fact that some Poorly Made AVI files aren"t the exact frame rate that they say they are..The file might say that it is say for example 23.97fps but the file would be actually 23.95fps so when the video gets encoded to the correct frame rate of 29.97fps the Length of the video becomes just slightly shorter than it was before and shorter than the audio therefor causeing the De-Sync..The reason that it is so difficult to fix is that the movie Can be the correct frame rate for most of the movie But at a certain point it changes so you never know were in the movie the problem starts...but if it is a Constant think through the whole movie you might be able to fix it by useing a Audio editing program like "Cool Edit" or Sound forge" to stretch or shrink the audio to the exact same length of the video, but as I said this can be very tricky...

humet  2002-11-18 09:23:05 ( ID:mk8pw3dua56 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I have looked at the .WAV file size and the AVI file size and they are the same size. Plus, the sound doesn't gradually go out of sync it just goes out of sync at 1 moment in the film and then it is out of sync for the rest of the film.

thanks for any further help

Minion  2002-11-18 22:59:38 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What you can try to do to fix this is to Cut the Mpeg file exactly were it glitches and goes out of sync, then take the part of the file that is out of sync the whole way through and use "Mpeg2VCR" to Mux the audio and video together and Use the "A/V sync" Feature which will let you off set the audio to match the video, then when you got it right then Join the 2 files together...and hopefully this will work...

humet  2002-11-21 22:52:39 ( ID:lrkdumm0gjh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there any easier way of fixing my problem ???

humet  2002-12-02 20:09:59 ( ID:tsa5v7h1bgm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there?

Question - Error At adress 028BDB4A No.30868
Morten  2002-11-17 22:54:36 ( ID:j3idrpdjs4a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When loading TMPGENC I get the message "At adress 028BDB4A, Reading error ocure against adress 028BDB4A2 and then the program stops. Howe do I sole this, I can not use the programe.

BR
Morten

hotwired  2002-11-18 03:52:25 ( ID:ogcaiavb45l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the same problem with most movies I am encoding, I cannot figure out how to fix the problem, I have been restarting the encode where it had stop (when the error occurred), works ok, but always a couple seconds of delay between the two or sometimes three movie segments, even when I set the delay between clips at "0" when buring with Nero. This error has become a real pain in the butt, and it isn't making the joy of encoding movies any fun, its actually a big headache. If anyone has any answers please please email me or ICQ me

Minion  2002-11-18 22:56:12 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have Noticed that Most of the time this error will only pop up with Movies Downloaded off the net...When movies get downloaded off the net they usually get a Bit corrupted through the downloading proscess which Causes errors in the File which Tmpgenc will Choke on ....There is No Magic solution accept for not useing Files downloaded off the net...I downloaded about 16 little Mpeg and avi clips off Kazaa the other day and out of the 16 files only 9 were able to be encoded without any trouble, most of the others had errors while encodeing, I was in most cases able to Solve the problem by Frame serveing the file with Virtual Dub, but I still had 3 files that Just couldn"t be encoded even though they played without a problem....

hotwired  2002-11-19 00:02:44 ( ID:ogcaiavb45l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry to add this, but I have better luck with movies off the net, the problems I am experiencing are when I am encoding from an actual DVD, not from movies downloaded.

ASHY  2002-11-19 17:59:36 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Then the process you are using to encode DVD's must be wrong because you should not be experiencing errors from such a clean source unlike dirty and corrupt downloaded AVI's.

ASHY

hotwired  2002-11-19 23:29:47 ( ID:ogcaiavb45l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have done about 50 movies, and about 20 of them I have expereienced this problem, the others no problem at all, but lately happening a little more often. This is about the only problem I ever have encoding the movies. This problem seems so common, that I cannot believe that others don't experience it from time to time. The Process I follow are from the guides from vcdhelp.com, and I have followed it step by step. Only once I have tried to encode an .avi to vcd, I had better luck with it, except the playback was a bit jerky.

Question - Where do I enter the serial number? No.30866
tkshores  2002-11-17 21:24:53 ( ID:4n3eeihsrza )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello. I am a big fan of this product, so when the demo version expired on my machine, I came to this site and purchased the product. I received a serial number in my email box. However, I can find NO PLACE to enter the serial number and re-activate the software. Every time I open the splash page and click where the email directed me, I end up at the Web site. I have paid the full price for the software and would like to be able to use it. Any suggestions?

tkshores  2002-11-17 23:16:59 ( ID:4n3eeihsrza )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK...after much searching, I figured it out...you CAN'T register the Freeware Version...you have to download the PLUS version. Uninstall any old version you have on your machine, and then reinstall the Plus version...which will then prompt you for a serial number. Anyway, if anyone is having the same problem that I was, do the above and it should work for you.

Question - Problem busting iso from SVCD authored by VCDEasy No.30863
Flash  2002-11-17 21:17:13 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi
I have created a few SVCDs from captured video (high bit rate), encoded to SVCD and used VCDEasy to author the CD to enable chapters.
This has all worked well and I have some excellent digital backups of my VHS movies and home videos.
Now the problem started when I wanted to alter one of these so I tried to bust out the MPEG from the SVCD. I have previously used ISOBuster with good results but these SVCDs wont play on my PC and are difficult to view in 'My Computer'.
The original MPEGs (before authorising) worked fine in media player.
I have a Plextor CDRW so I thought that shouldn't be the problem.
Has anyone any ideas of how I can get these MPEGs out of the SVCDs.
Thanks

Flash

Minion  2002-11-17 23:30:50 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is simple "Don"t Use anything like ISO buster or anything like that Just go into the Files that are on the SVCD disk and go into the "MpegAV" folder and Just drag & Drop the .MPG file to your Desktop..and that is it ,That file is the Mpeg file that you burned to Disk and it is in the correct Mpeg format..

Flash  2002-11-18 14:02:41 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks I will give that a go.
Just curious though... what do these iso buster programs do then?

Flash

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.