TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 336 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Old x New TMPGenc Jose DaCunha 0 2002-11-20 01:42:25
Question SVCD ( tearing my hair out!) Messa 2 2002-11-20 22:01:59
Question Can not open or unsupported George 2 2002-11-20 10:00:07
Question TMPEG will not accept .d2v or .ac3 files DigiVidGuru 3 2002-11-22 00:44:49
Question Can not open or unsupported Madcat 2 2002-11-21 20:45:56
Question TMPGEnc outputs corrupt files? VideoD00d 10 2002-11-27 21:29:29
Question mr. errut 1 2002-11-19 23:08:44
Question Non Supported Avi Error twirlz2001 1 2002-11-19 23:07:55
Question Problem encoding WAV file tulio22 4 2002-11-20 22:04:02
Question Internal resizing method used in TMPG FrankUl 1 2002-11-19 15:33:56
Bug report TaskPrio non-working, Sound via Frameserver non-working Frederick Page 0 2002-11-19 11:30:34
Question Dual-CPUs together only 50% - bug fixed ? Reinhard 6 2002-11-20 06:13:55

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 336 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Old x New TMPGenc No.30982
Jose DaCunha  2002-11-20 01:42:25 ( ID:mxx4cvozknr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I still use old free version of TMPGEnc. Is it worth to invest the $48 to get latest version? Use it to convert AVI (from Studio8) to MPEG for DVD burning via Nero.

Question - SVCD ( tearing my hair out!) No.30979
Messa  2002-11-20 01:17:51 ( ID:hxjbfoabs7h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I am using the latest download, and I am major problems with the SVCD output being corrupted (crashing all my players,even tried burning anyway using Nero - got coasters).
I am using the wizard (but also tried the long way), selecting SVCD PAL, leaving all settings at default (PAL default that is), using the 'source range' option to chop the movies, then running the process. It completes fine, but when I try and view or burn the completed files they are corrupt. I have tried with Divx in/out , Nimo codec pack installed/uninstalled etc etc.
I get no problems at all using the wizard and the same files to do VCD, its just SVCD that is the problem.
Please note that I have the codecs to view MPEG2 on my PC.
Any, I mean ANY help would be appreciated, this is a superb tool but it is tainted for me as I can't figure this out.
Thanks,
Messa

Minion  2002-11-20 10:05:58 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There have been a few poeple Complaining about this happening to them in this newest version..What I would sugest is to try to run the file through the "Multiplex" and see if that fixxes the corruption, or you can use something to Re-Packetize the Mpeg files and see if that fixes it..I think maybe Mpeg2Vcr has a Re-Packetizeing feature...Or you can allways use a different encoder or try an earlier version....

ASHY  2002-11-20 22:01:59 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try re-multiplexing with an earlier version of TMPG as the new version has a bug in it's muxer.

ASHY

Question - Can not open or unsupported No.30976
George  2002-11-19 23:49:54 ( ID:jtzy4uw0dyf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Please help Thanks

VideoD00d  2002-11-20 03:17:24 ( ID:0jnhaaa4ig2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

More details please. What type of file is it, how was it captured, where did it come from, what codec version is it in. Etc. Etc.

Minion  2002-11-20 10:00:07 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

"Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and raise to "2"...and if that don"t work come back with more Info..

Question - TMPEG will not accept .d2v or .ac3 files No.30972
DigiVidGuru  2002-11-19 21:47:37 ( ID:/8xr0jj2ivl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Taking a VOB file, using DVD2AVI to extract the AC3 aduio. Then take TMPEG to import the .d2v project file from DVD2AVI, but TMPEG will not accept the .d2v file saying it is not supported. Any ideas?

ASHY  2002-11-19 22:06:36 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It cetainly won't accept Ac3 files as this is normal.
Import the DVD2AVI.VFP file from your DVD2AVI directory into your TMPG directory.
If you still get the unsupported message then recreate the d2v file.

ASHY

DigiVidGuru  2002-11-22 00:40:36 ( ID:/8xr0jj2ivl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

After exctracting the .zip file for DVD2AVI, all that I find is a readme.txt, the executable file and a .ini file. No DVD2AVI.vfp file. Where can I find this. I thought that maybe it was a missing codec, but was not sure. Any ideas?

DigiVidGuru  2002-11-22 00:44:49 ( ID:/8xr0jj2ivl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry.....searched the machine and found it....should have done that first and then posted... will try back if i have anymore issues....

Question - Can not open or unsupported No.30969
Madcat  2002-11-19 20:19:09 ( ID:yg5.w/6oxqr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I read the problem converting avi to mpg and changed the setting at "enviromental settings","VFAPI Plug-in",Directshow multimedia file reader at priority from -1 to 2. there is the same message when i tried it again. Can anyone send me all the settings of TMPG?

Minion  2002-11-20 22:20:59 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t understand what you are saying???Are you TRYing to say that you Did raise it to 2 and still it will not load the file giveing you the same Unsuported message??Well then it could be because you don"t have the proper codecs installed on your Computer, or your file is Corrupted...Try installing the Nemo codec pack and see if that helps...

Madcat  2002-11-21 20:45:56 ( ID:yg5.w/6oxqr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

where can i find the nemo codec pack? i tried a lot of avi files. there is always the same message.

Question - TMPGEnc outputs corrupt files? No.30958
VideoD00d  2002-11-19 20:04:24 ( ID:0jnhaaa4ig2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has seen this before.. I'm taking AVI segments captured in Virtual Dub (720x480 or 352x480, 29.97 FPS, PCM 48000 Audio 16 bit stereo, MJPeg quality 19 or Huffyuv Best/Best), then frameserving them to TMPGEnc. The end result files out of TMPGEnc look like this:

352x480 NTSC
29.97 FPS
2000 CBR
48000 Audio Stereo
384 Bitrate Audio
Mpeg-2 DVD Compliant

The problem is that every so often (1 in 5 chance?) the file that TMPGEnc produces is messed up. When I play the files in WinDVD, they play ok. They play OK in PowerDVD too. When I import the MPG files into Ulead DVD Movie Factory they import OK. They also import OK into SpruceUp. I can author the menu and assign the movies to buttons, etc.

But in either SpruceUp or Ulead DVD MovieFactory, when I go to 'export' the finished movie as a DVD, it gives me an error. If the TMPGEnc mpg file is bad, that same file will crash in both Ulead DVD MovieFactory and SpruceUp. It usually crashes either at the start of the file or the end of the file when trying to export the VOB files. I haven't tried other packages yet but I'm sure they will crash too. It's the file itself that is bad, I'm just not sure how it's bad yet.

I've read in some places that if you use TMPGEnc MPEG tools merge & cut, then cut a few frames from the start of the MPG.. And a few frames from the end of the MPG. Then try it again, that it will work. I tried it, and suddenly the bad file was able to burn to DVD. But, why? Cutting from the start and end of an MPG file is a huge waste of time, esp. considering all the time trying to burn the file when it crashed near the end.

What is wrong with TMPGEnc that causes these files to fail? Is there a setting that can be set so the files produced by TMPGEnc do not need to have frames chopped off the start/end for them to load into DVD authoring packages ok?

ASHY  2002-11-19 21:16:19 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you checked to make sure you are outputting closed GOPs.
Have you tried just re-multiplexing the file rather than chopping frames off or importing seperate video and audio streams.

ASHY

Minion  2002-11-19 23:12:09 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ashy is right ,Usually if you just Run the file through the Multiplexor or the Merge & Cut the file will usually get fixed...as you say the problem is usually at the beginning or the end of the file so it sounds like a Header problem which can be fixed this way...

VideoD00d  2002-11-20 02:09:42 ( ID:0jnhaaa4ig2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK thanks. One question though: Is there a way to check if the file is bad *before* I run it through? Like some tool, or some hex editing way, etc.. I really would like a way to identify these problem files and only re-multiplex them if they are bad, but leave the good ones alone.

Plus: Any idea on what settings in TMPGEnc might be contributing to the problem?

Dodzzz  2002-11-20 07:20:30 ( ID:ckrrtd0brqr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've been having the exact same problem with this!

listen please:

I always encode using the same EXACT settings for my AVIs except for filters.
the most frustating problem is, I have 3 DVD NTSC compliant mpegs (generated using the same settings as mentioned above), but one of them, the longest one (25336 frames (845 seconds) of 29.97 fps) won't load to DVD MovieFactory neither DVD Workshop Trial version.
the DVDMF rejects the file as a noncompliant mpeg file, but the DVDWS completely stalls whenever I click on the file name when importing so I had to ctrl-alt-del it.

then I tried so many times demux, remuxing, etc, and the results is as weird as hell:

1. original 25336 frames MPEG-2 DVD NTSC compliant file = rejected
2. demultiplex & remultiplexed of original file = rejected
3. cutted about 5 frame start and/or last of the original = rejected
4. here's the weirdest part: I tried to import the video stream only (demuxed and import the M2V only) it works! but I couldn't add the audio stream manually then because that kind of feature is not supported by DVDWS
5. cutted 81 last frames down to 25255 frames (from 25336) = successful! both DVDMF and DVDWS import it properly (with NTSC DVD tag on their file info)

so the conclusion is:
my 25336 frames MPEG-2 DVD NTSC compliant file generated by TMPGenc 2.59 plus is rejected by Ulead DVDMF & DVDWS but:
my 25255 frames MPEG-2 DVD NTSC compliant file cutted by TMPGenc 2.59 plus tool is accepted by Ulead DVDMF & DVDWS.

I wonder which has the bug? the TMPGenc encoder or Ulead products?
I also notice, that my successfully cutted mpeg file has only 0.01 second length difference between the video & audio part, while the original (and rejected) mpeg file has 0.02 second differences..

Please either Hori-san or Ulead fix this problem!

VideoD00d  2002-11-20 08:25:27 ( ID:0jnhaaa4ig2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just a little advice.. I think you've already determined this but when a file is bad, if you can, try to cut more than 5 frames. In my case, I often have to go back pretty deep into a movie. Sometimes 5 seconds deep into the start/end to cut the mpg2 clip.. Before the file will finally work. So 30 frames per second, that means I end up cutting like 150 frames off the start and 150 off the end? 300 total frames lost. The # of frames you had to cut sounds just about right to me.

The only difference between your problem, and mine.. Is that all of my files will import into my software. I have not had any importing errors, only exporting. After I do some menu's or whatever, then go to EXPORT. The export process will error out and quit before any DVD title set is exported. Usually it crashes at the very end of an MPEG file, so like 50% or 99% into an export process after I've wasted all that time.. I can tell by opening the very last vob file it created, and that shows me where the process failed. It helps to look there and see which movie is the problem movie.

The error isn't with Ulead, IMHO.. Cuz I've also used SpruceUp on the same file, and the same exact file will crash with that as it will in Ulead DVD MovieFactory. Sometime soon I am going to download a fully functional trial version of another DVD authoring package, and load the movie.. Just to make triple sure that it's the TMPGEnc error, and not these 2 DVD tools.

I just have one question for you: Do you use any tool to frameserve AVI segments to TMPGEnc? Avisynth? Virtual Dub? Or do you load the segments one at a time and encode one at a time? I'm curious to see if this has anything to do with the problem or not.

VideoD00d  2002-11-20 16:19:28 ( ID:0jnhaaa4ig2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Really quick plz answer a few questions? I want to see how similar your system is to mine!

What is your video hardware? I have Xtasy Everything, 256MB Ram, Athlon 1700+, DX 8.1b, WDM 1.08, Nvidia 14.62 drivers.

What do you capture with? I use Virtual Dub, iuVCR and WinDVR.

Do you frameserve to TMPGEnc to open any AVI segments before encode? I use VirtualDub, Avisynth, and now TMPGEnc itself.

VideoD00d  2002-11-20 16:26:16 ( ID:0jnhaaa4ig2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do you use multiple versions of TMPGEnc open at the same time to encode multiple movie files?

Minion  2002-11-20 22:17:44 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You Can load seperate Audio and video files into "Ulead DVD Workshop 1.3" But it has to be a Full version..Well you Can"t get version 1.3 without Haveing a full version..Version 1.3 also supports AC3 audio files for DVD...I think Opening up More than One Instance of Tmpgenc and trying to encode more than one file at a time is asking for Trouble, I think it will end up being slower than doing it one file at a time and can cause errors in the mpeg files...If you are looking for a Way to encode really fast then use a Really fast encoder...Tmpgenc is one of the slower encoders out there..If you want Fast use CCE or MainConcept encoder....

VideoD00d  2002-11-21 03:50:02 ( ID:0jnhaaa4ig2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Man, this is driving me nutz.. I had maybe ONE error per 100 back with 2.58 and now in 2.59 every single mp2 I've put out is corrupt in this way. What's up?

Morpheaus  2002-11-27 21:29:29 ( ID:jarhueddlul )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

One thing a lot of people are missing is the following settings:

VIDEO
Frame Rate: 23.976 (internally 29.97 fps)
Encode Mode: 3:2 pulldown when playback

GOP STRUCTURE
Output interval sequence header = 1 (by default this is 0)
MAX number of frames in a GOP = 36 (by default this is 0)

REASONS:
1.) If the source was created correctly, it should be in 23.976 fps for progressive scan DVD players. If the DVD player is not a progressive scan player, the flags that are created in the MPEG2 video file will not be used and it will play the movie back at 29.97 fps. If you do use 29.97 fps, you need to then also set the mode as interlaced (otherwise your picture quality will be horrible)
2.) Encode mode 3:2 pulldown creates the 29.97 fps for the non-progressive scan DVD players
3.) Scenarist (the defacto standard for DVD authoring) requires that the maximum number of fields in a GOP are 36. It also requires the sequence_header_code to be repeated after these 36 fields. If this requirement is not met, you do not have an NTSC standard DVD.

Off of those facts, SpruceUp or ULead may be scanning the file and finding one of those problems. I'm not certain (since I do not use either of those programs) that this is the cause of your problems, but I have noticed the majority of problems in the conversion of DVD --> DVDR are related to these settings.

As for multiplexing streams...usually I always encode video seperate from audio, and then multiplex them with programs such as Scenarist.

Hope that helps a little.

Question - mr. No.30956
errut  2002-11-19 18:33:23 ( ID:k6hgy9s1hlj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I`m trying to cut the mpeg2 file under mpeg tools-play-pause-but cannot drag the slide.why?

Minion  2002-11-19 23:08:44 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Who knows...Use a different Mpeg editor...

Question - Non Supported Avi Error No.30954
twirlz2001  2002-11-19 16:00:24 ( ID:wzoezdh/umg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok here's my problem. i just had to re-install windows and what not due to a crash of my pewter. but anyhow all of my avi's when pulled up in Tmpgenc will not encode i get an error that sez that the avi is not compatible or not supported. has anyone else seen this or is there a way to fix this?

Thank You!
Twirlz

Minion  2002-11-19 23:07:55 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Make sure you have the correct codecs installed ,and did you raise the priority of the "Direct Show" file reader????

Question - Problem encoding WAV file No.30949
tulio22  2002-11-19 15:30:37 ( ID:nsp4ombb7pn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

My version of TMPGEnc (the latest one) seems to be finding WAV files output by DVD2AVI "unsupported". Has anyone else encountered this?

I'm following all the usual steps in DVD2AVI before saving the project, including downmixing Dolby and setting 48Hz -> 44.1Hz, and decoding to WAV rather than AC3. The WAV file plays fine on its own.

Minion  2002-11-19 23:06:27 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Wave you tried to raise the priority of the "Wav File Reader" in the "Vfapi Plugins"?????

tulio22  2002-11-20 03:52:12 ( ID:8qqsrwygr7a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Wave you tried to raise the priority of the "Wav File Reader" in the "Vfapi Plugins"?????

Yes, all the way to 3, where all the others are 0 or less. No dice....

Minion  2002-11-20 09:57:36 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You are Better off useing a different audio encoder anyways...like "Headac3he" or something..

ASHY  2002-11-20 22:04:02 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I can never get that goddamn headac3he software to work properly.

ASHY

Question - Internal resizing method used in TMPG No.30947
FrankUl  2002-11-19 13:46:14 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
I am looking for information on how TMPG is carrying out the resizing of the frame. Does anybody know whether resizing is "bilinear", "bicubic", etc.?
Thanks for a any hint.
FrankUl.

B_Racer  2002-11-19 15:33:56 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Call it shitty instead of bicubic or bilinear, and you call it right ;)
The Resize-Engine of TMPGEnc does not give you good results, and it is slow too.
Better use AVISynth with the Resizer Lanczos, that's the best one.

www.videotools.net

Bug report - TaskPrio non-working, Sound via Frameserver non-working No.30946
Frederick Page  2002-11-19 11:30:34 ( ID:rjmzjgmxqej )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have upgraded from 2.53Plus to 2.59Plus. OS is Win2K, SP3, US-Version

Task Prio is always "normal", although set to minimum in "environmental settings".

When feeding 2.59Plus via VirtualDub's frameserver, picture is fine, but the .vdr sound data "cannot be opened or is unsupported". 2.53Plus works fine. VirtualDub itself is fed via Adobe Premiere 6.02 (avisynth), normal PCM (WAV) sound, 16 bit, stereo, 44,1 kHz Sampling frequency.

Muxing an already encoded .mp2 however works with 2.59Plus.

Kind regards Frederick

Question - Dual-CPUs together only 50% - bug fixed ? No.30939
Reinhard  2002-11-19 07:28:43 ( ID:2x7xlazqvzr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I tested V 2.53, I've set the settings in the "Option", "Environmental Settings", "CPU" for multithreading (2 CPUS) - and both CPUs together are running with 50%....

Jack does report the same problem in V 2.58 (some threads beneath).

I would want to BUY the newest V 2.59 / 2.60-version - if this version would use both CPUs to 100%.

Is this bug fixed in the newest version?

Regards,
Reinhard

Abit VP6, 2 x P-III/1000, W2K

Reinhard  2002-11-19 07:36:09 ( ID:2x7xlazqvzr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

See:

http://www.8ung.at/quintus/forumstreffen3/gifs/tmpgenc1.gif

http://www.8ung.at/quintus/forumstreffen3/gifs/tmpgenc2.gif

Regards,
Reinhard

rs  2002-11-19 18:29:48 ( ID:kwfsrhnna/w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

MPEG encoding is a task that does not lend itself to efficient multi processing. I have only ever seen impovements of around 20% using 2 processors. I think some of the filters (noise reduction, deinterlacing) may use more than one, you periodically see during encoding, CPU usage going over 50%.

A much more efficient way, is to split your input file (AVI etc) in half and run two copies of TMPGenc (with multithreading off). You then have two CPUs 100% occupied.

rs  2002-11-19 18:40:57 ( ID:kwfsrhnna/w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry, a bit quick on the send. You then join the 2 resulting MPEGs using the MPEG tools.

Reinhard  2002-11-19 19:07:41 ( ID:2x7xlazqvzr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>>>MPEG encoding is a task that does not lend itself to efficient multi processing.<<<

I think: if TMPGEnc would use 100% of (both) CPU-power it would render faster....? Or am I wrong?

Thx,
Reinhard

rs  2002-11-19 22:50:39 ( ID:kwfsrhnna/w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, but writing and debugging an MPEG encoder that is able to do this (if indeed it is possible), is not a trivial task.

The method I outlined almost exactly halves you encoding time over running the whole job on one CPU.

Reinhard  2002-11-20 06:13:55 ( ID:2x7xlazqvzr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi rs,

yes, this is indeed a good workaroud - it does work. Thanks for this hint.

Regards,
Reinhard

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.