TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 347 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question can not open or unsupported beerman 2 2002-11-12 12:35:15
Question Creating a Menu ScottyB 1 2002-11-11 21:52:24
Question Creating a Menu ScottyB 1 2002-11-11 15:25:11
Question Does TMPGEnc support dts sound format? jason 1 2002-11-11 17:17:44
Question No picture, but sound..? Dynasty 1 2002-11-11 08:23:55
Question Audio prob.:squeaks upon loud sounds JY 1 2002-11-11 08:23:02
Bug report TMPG's muxer does not create 100% VCD 2.0 whitebook MPEGs NewtronX 2 2002-11-11 22:03:04
Question this might be a dumb question...but how do you use tmpg?!?! gzel 2 2002-11-11 08:17:06
Request tmpg reports wrong play time Hawaiian Heart 3 2002-11-13 00:10:29
Question TMPGEnc Freezes My PC Alvin 1 2002-11-13 03:15:00
Question Proper settings for MyDVD authoring Scott Hoffmann 2 2002-11-12 01:01:33
Question download otkidd 1 2002-11-11 08:07:37

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 347 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - can not open or unsupported No.30577
beerman  2002-11-11 11:57:54 ( ID:f2fa5bmoxuw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i used tmpgenc the following way:
1 convert *.pva files to ps-stream with pvastrumento
2 de-multiplex this mpg file using tmpgenc
3 encode resulting *.m2v and *.mp2 files into final mpg-file
(this file i could burn onto cd for play in cd-player).
for all this i was using the free version (vcd, not svcd).

now, i wanted to upgrade an bought tmpgenc plus.

the problem:
i cannot even use the above-mentioned procedure to produce the final mpg(1) file. tmpgenc-plus will not accept either *.m2v (video) nor *.mp2 sources. i always get an error message ´can not open or not supported´. playing around with priority settings did not change anything. also, afapi is correctly installed. where is my problem, or: how can i succee???
cheers and beers
carl

Minion  2002-11-11 21:56:12 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do you Have a Mpeg2 decoder installed? it has to be either Cyberlink Ligos or Sony, and if that don"t work then use DVD2AVI to frame serve the Mpeg file....that allways works and it is faster than letting Tmpgenc decode the file...

beerman  2002-11-12 12:35:15 ( ID:f2fa5bmoxuw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanks minion. this is all very strange. i have windvd4 installed. this should do for mpeg2!?
if i use the tmpgenc mpeg-tools for de-multiplex, i can multiplex afterwards, using the resultant audio and video streams.
after it is done, i normally get a message like
´225 s packets cause buffer underflow, the mpeg file might cause error when played´
and indeed, i get a good video, but no audio. since i play the video using windvd4, i assume it is mpeg2 (svcd quality!)

if i want to input the 2 de-multiplexed-files (*.m2v and *.mp2) as video-source and audio-source in the MAIN WINDOW, i do get ´can not open or unsupported´ error, even though both files had been created by tmpgenc mpeg-tools.

Question - Creating a Menu No.30575
ScottyB  2002-11-11 10:41:29 ( ID:whrqtudrlcm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, Newbie here. Just trying to make my first SVCD menu (PAL). I quote from the VCDEasy help guide...

"For the Menu I recommend a still image that contains pictures of your Clips on it with numbers next to each clip. You take that image, combine it with a WAV of nothing in TMPGEnc, and you get an MPG with no sound that will loop forever until a selection is made."

OK I made a JPG in photoshop (480*576. Loaded it into TMPGEnc (2.5).Nothing in the Audio selection - Press the Start and the mpg is created. I try to load it into VCDEasy and it says its too short. Where is the 'make it loop' option in TMPGEnc ?

Thanks
ScottyB

Minion  2002-11-11 21:52:24 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can"t use Tmpgenc for this ...Try Ulead DVD Workshop...it will do all of that for you....

Question - Creating a Menu No.30573
ScottyB  2002-11-11 09:12:01 ( ID:whrqtudrlcm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, Newbie here. Just trying to make my first SVCD menu (PAL). I quote from the VCDEasy help guide...

"For the Menu I recommend a still image that contains pictures of your Clips on it with numbers next to each clip. You take that image, combine it with a WAV of nothing in TMPGEnc, and you get an MPG with no sound that will loop forever until a selection is made."

OK I made a JPG in photoshop (480*576. Loaded it into TMPGEnc (2.5).Nothing in the Audio selection - Press the Start and the mpg is created. I try to load it into VCDEasy and it says its too short. Where is the 'make it loop' option in TMPGEnc ?

Thanks
ScottyB

ABS  2002-11-11 15:25:11 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPGEnc cannot create menu stills. Use VCDEasy, it has a tool for that.

Question - Does TMPGEnc support dts sound format? No.30571
jason  2002-11-11 08:34:33 ( ID:aqthpebepll )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does TMPGENc 2.58 Plus Version MPEG Tools supports muxing dts sound format for DVD? If not, how should I go about enabling TMPGEnc to accept dts sound file for muxing with video? Is there any plugins in the market to support dts in TMPGEnc Encoder?

ASHY  2002-11-11 17:17:44 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No.

Question - No picture, but sound..? No.30569
Dynasty  2002-11-11 07:51:38 ( ID:p/glgp6sq4f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I get sound but no picture while i'm converting avi to mpeg. How come?

Minion  2002-11-11 08:23:55 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try this ..go to "Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and Raise the "Direct show" to "2"...

Question - Audio prob.:squeaks upon loud sounds No.30567
JY  2002-11-11 06:51:18 ( ID:h306o5ky152 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I have extracted the audio part into a wav file with Goldwave and tested it. Fine, no squeaks or jams of any kind.
But when I use tmpenc to encode it into mpg file along with the video part, the problem shows up: During the movie, whenever there's an explosion or loud noise(aircraft zooming by) of anykind, the sound sort of got a bit jammed with some squeaks. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks.
The original avi file is encoded using xVid, and the sound part is extracted to 16 bit Stereo, 44kbps. Thanks!!!

Minion  2002-11-11 08:23:02 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Maybe try one of the Mpeg audio encoder Plugins for Tmpgenc..They have a Much better Audio encodeing Quality ..Look for them on Google..They are "SCMPX and "Toolame" well they are the ones I have tried and Have liked...

Bug report - TMPG's muxer does not create 100% VCD 2.0 whitebook MPEGs No.30564
NewtronX  2002-11-11 06:09:01 ( ID:0ysy.lkdema )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

"it is known that TMPG's muxer does not create 100% VCD 2.0 whitebook MPEGs."

Is this why Easy VCD gives its error stating "improper VCD format not usually a problem normaly a indicator that TMPGenc was used"?
Also why doesnt the author fix this? Can you shed some light on this.
Thanks ~NewtronX
--------------------------------------------------------
Yes I believe this is why VCDeasy produces the error.
It is not the actual files which are at fault, but the way TMPG multiplexes.
VCD's have strict constraints.

If the muxer doesn't conform to these constraints when writing headers then a less than tolerant VCD player will reject the file.
Most DVD players won't have a problem it's only strict VCD players which have this problem.

I don't know why the author doesn't fix this, maybe he believes it's not his problem as most players will handle TMPG files ok.
Here is some ifo as to why a muxer may not be compliant, but I can't tell you the exact reason TMPG doesn't comply.
http://www.icdia.org/cdprosupport/encoding/pink/mpeg_bytes.htm
ASHY

Minion  2002-11-11 08:21:07 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That is a Bit wierd Cuz I use the Tmpgenc Muxer all the time and have never gotten that message in VCD easy with Strictly Tmpgenc Muxed files ,Then again i don"t make files with VCD headers or files with SVCD headers I just use plain Mpeg2 files..So I guess this is Mostly a VCD header problem...

NewtronX  2002-11-11 22:03:04 ( ID:0ysy.lkdema )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Think Your right Minion :)
"i don"t make files with VCD headers or files with SVCD headers I just use plain Mpeg2 files..So I guess this is Mostly a VCD header problem..."

Since I always make VCD's and it gives me the error may be your right.:)
Can you explain what the header problem could be that makes Easy VCD have this error. I dont know enough how the header is constructed for a 100% VCD 2.0 whitebook MPEGs.
Thanks ~NewtronX

Question - this might be a dumb question...but how do you use tmpg?!?! No.30561
gzel  Home )  2002-11-11 04:58:47 ( ID:a2gmm7ff1pc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

<font color=yellow>yellow</font>

i just downloaded TMPGEnc version 12h (0.11.26.110) and i don't know how to use it =( i want to burn the movies that i downloaded from kazaa and burn so i could watch it on TV, or at least burn it so that it won't take so my movies won't take so much space in my computer. one time i burn a movie into a disk but when i played it again in my computer to see if it's working, i couldn't see the video but i could hear the audio...
please help!?!

confused

Alvin  2002-11-11 05:10:40 ( ID:silootcneoa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

1.) Can you play the downloaded file and see video and hear audio? IF you cannot see the Video, you need to download the DivX 5.0 Codec and you may also want to find the Nemo Codec and downlaod it. That should work.

2.) I recommend going to www.vcdhelp.com and looking there for Newbie guides, How-To Guide, etc. It is a great resource, and where I got started in all of this stuff. SPend some time and research there. Then, if you have questions about the stuff you find, ask more detailed questions then.

Minion  2002-11-11 08:17:06 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First off the Old version you have is really OLD and Tmpgenc has greatly improoved since then so it would be adviseable to use a Newer version Cuz if the speed and Quality differances and also the compatibility issue...and encodeing to Mpeg in most cases will make the file BIGGER not smaller..If you you can watch the video before encodeing it But cant see a picture while encodeing and there is no Picture in the mpeg file it Doesn"t have anything to do with the DivX 5 codec at all..It has to do with the "Direct Show File Reader" not at a High enough Priority..Go to "Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and raise the "Direct Show" to "2"...

Request - tmpg reports wrong play time No.30557
Hawaiian Heart  2002-11-11 04:57:46 ( ID:bwzg5wxnhbm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When converting some avi files to mpeg, tmpg reports the file play time to be alot longer then the actual play time. currently trying to convert a file with playtime of 1:41:56 and tmpg thinks its 2:59:16
Is it a problem with the avi files header?
Is there a way to repair it.
Thanks for any and all help

Minion  2002-11-11 08:11:20 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What sometimes solves this problem is to go to the "Advanced Settings" and go to "Source Range" and set the beginning and end points of the movie...

Hawaiian Heart  2002-11-11 21:37:13 ( ID:oxsvpey3d.n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Minion, I'll give this a shot.

Hawaiian Heart  2002-11-13 00:10:29 ( ID:oxsvpey3d.n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Minion,
Setting the start and end points did the trick.

Question - TMPGEnc Freezes My PC No.30555
Alvin  2002-11-11 04:47:06 ( ID:silootcneoa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been using TMPGEnc to convert .AVI to .MPG for quite a while. I have converted probably 200 files with no problems yet, all on WinXP Pro machines.

I just built a new PC, WinXP Pro, AMD XP2100+ with 120GB HDD and 512MB DDRpc2700. WHen I try to run TMPGEnc with it to convert the movies, it locks up after about 3 minutes. Completely freezes the machine, I have to Reset and Reboot.

ANy ideas what might cause this? It is not the movie, as I can take a movie that will not work on teh new PC and it will work fine on the old one.

Thanks

Alvin  2002-11-13 03:15:00 ( ID:silootcneoa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ANyone ABle to help me out with suggestions? Please.

Question - Proper settings for MyDVD authoring No.30552
Scott Hoffmann  2002-11-11 02:45:47 ( ID:tzmxl3nmpt2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Everyone,
Just wondering if anyone has the proper settings to get a .avi clip
converted in TMPGE to be accepted into MyDVD authoring software?

I did it once and I can't duplicate it?

Thanks in advance,
Scott

Minion  2002-11-11 08:09:15 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You are probably haveing problems with the Sequence header not being before each GOP...go to "Settings" to "GOP" and were it says "Interval of Sequence header" put it to "1"....

Scott Hoffmann  2002-11-12 01:01:33 ( ID:tzmxl3nmpt2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the reply,
I did check and was at 1 already. I found that you need to have 8000 kbits in order to input to MyDVD bundled version.

Question - download No.30550
otkidd  2002-11-11 00:42:35 ( ID:yiyckgkczmj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I download tmpgenc where should I down load it to. What should I do after I down load it. where should I install it or does it not matter

Minion  2002-11-11 08:07:37 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well you download it from this site and you extract all of the contents into the same folder and you put the folder were ever you want...

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.