TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 361 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question TMPGEnc renders black after 9 mins greydog 2 2002-10-31 10:52:12
Question Splitting Mpeg's, Video stops, Sound keeps going Dippah 2 2002-10-29 21:41:23
Question Stream Writting Error and Purple screen Jin 5 2002-10-30 15:21:06
Question sound problem jsmoney 2 2002-10-29 20:25:54
Question Ashy Can You help again? jgraham95 1 2002-10-29 19:34:07
Question Should I interlace or deinterlace? Will Hay 1 2002-10-29 13:31:35
Question Converted x4 .avi's of same type - only one out of synch Will Hay 0 2002-10-29 09:05:15
Question audio-video problem koka 0 2002-10-29 08:07:40
Question Still No Luck!!! jgraham95 2 2002-10-28 22:26:03
Question Best way to process a segmented avi ? a.graichen 7 2002-10-31 10:52:07
Question The optimal encoding scheme for movies Marc 3 2002-10-30 23:55:07
Question Help with sound jgraham95 1 2002-10-28 19:45:00

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 361 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - TMPGEnc renders black after 9 mins No.30036
greydog  2002-10-30 02:44:04 ( ID:gh60/rvr6cj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Please offer any suggestions as to why my movie starts rendering black after 9 mins.

I have a 12 min home video that runs just fine in the AVI format. I put the AVI into TMPGEnc for encoding into MPEG-2. At the 9 min position of the video (Which is 1 hour into the TMPGEnc encoding) the video turns black and continues to encode black till the end of the file. If I edit the movie (for trouble shooting purpose) so it contains only the section that begins playing black, make that section into an AVI, place it into TMPGEnc and render with the same settings, that movie section looks fine.

I edit my home movies with Premier 6.0 to AVI, render them in TMPGEnc V. 2.5.44.152 to MPEG-2 using the same settings (exception being I select video+ audio as the stream type) suggested in the tutorial supplied by http://pwp.netcabo.pt/0165394101/TMPGEnc_Template.html

I have had excellent success with all my other home movies which have been up to 15 mins long.

System: ABIT KG-7 Raid MB, AMD Athlon XP 1.7, 1Gig Crucial ECC 2100DDR ram, 32Mb Asus V7700 GeForce Deluxe AGP video card, C60Gig IBM 75GXP, D100 Gig WD BB E120 Western Digital BB, FPioneer 104, GPlextor 16/10/40a, Enlight 7235 case W/ Enlight HPC-300-101 PS, Soundblaster 5.1, 1394 Firewire card supplied with Studio DV, Win 2K Professional OS

Camera: NTSC Cannon Optura Pi, Full-Rez DV capture only, Microphone for Camera is Cannon DM-50

Thank you ..........

Minion  2002-10-30 05:37:31 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Raiseing the "direct Show File reader" could help with the file turning black...go to "Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and raise the "Direct Show" to "2"...I"m more concerned with why it takes 1 hour to encode 9 minutes of video..On your System it should only take 10-15 minutes on High quality to encode 10 minutes of Video...

greydog  2002-10-31 10:52:12 ( ID:gh60/rvr6cj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I Raised the direct Show File Reader to 2 but the video still came out bad. I saw in the options that a recently loaded program called "DVD2SVCD" had added some stuff to the "Vfapi Plugins" list. I removed the "DVD2SVCD" program from my system. Now the video will encode properly. I will do more troubleshooting on this as the video still took 2 hours and 24 mins to encode. I will post more here when I have some findings. Thanks much for the help!!!

Question - Splitting Mpeg's, Video stops, Sound keeps going No.30033
Dippah  2002-10-29 20:00:07 ( ID:tbwe0zqo4ll )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I made a rather large DVD quality rip of a movie. It came out to about 2.3gb in mpeg-2 format. I want to split the movie up into 4 segments so I can burn them to disc. However, when I use the mpeg tools included with TMPGEnc, and split the files, something goes wrong in the playback.

When I play the split files one by one, each of them stops playing video after 5 minutes or so, yet the Audio keeps on streaming normally. So Ill reach a point in a scene and the video will just freeze on one frame of video, but the soun keeps going.

Anyone know what causes this? Im using Windows Media Player to play the file, which works fine on all DVD and MPEG files Ive used before.

Thanks for any help.

WINXP
1800+ Athlon XP
GF2 Pro
GTXP Sound
512mb DDR

Minion  2002-10-29 20:37:30 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well you can split a 2.3GB file into 3 parts and fit it on 3 700mb 80min CD-R"s (3 times 800MB=2.4gb)The problem is With the "Mpeg Tools" so you need to use a Different Mpeg editor..The mpeg tools are quite buggy at times you can try to re-install tmpgenc or use a different version but the best thing is to find a Reliable Mpeg editor...Mpeg2VCR is good but it adds To much padding to the edited mpeg stream..M2-Edit pro 5 is good but it costs $1500 US...There is a Good Mpeg editor that comes with Power VCR...To view your Mpeg2 files you shouldn"t use "Media Player" cuz it doesn"t display the true aspect ratio or resolution of the file....Use "Power DVD" or something simular...

Klaus Deiss  2002-10-29 21:41:23 ( ID:oiwedssihhw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a similar problem. Sound stops - video goes on. I'am working with files created with hauppauge pvr. Sometimes (if there are some activities on the pc) the pvr-encoder cause some errors in the mpg-stream. If tmpgenc finds such an error it will either stop imediatly or continue without error but in the resulting file audio stops.

There is no problem to convert such a file with tmpgenc's encoder to annother format (e.g. VCD) - seems to be a special problem in tmpgencs cutting engine.

I found a workaround for the second error: demuxe the mpg file. take the resulting mp2 file and encode it with tmpgenc (audio only project).target mp2, same bitrate as input (or lower....) - remux mp2 and mpv - and there is sound !

For mpeg-2 input I'am using ligos decoder - I've also tested others - no difference in behavior. Prehaps Mr. Tsunami (thanks him a lot for his great great work!!!!) can fix this in a later release ????

Klaus Deiss

Question - Stream Writting Error and Purple screen No.30027
Jin  2002-10-29 19:50:06 ( ID:r.o1gyof2bc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm using an avi file and I'm trying to change it into a MPEG-2 NTSC cbr 4000kbps and in the middle of encoding I get an STREAM WRITTING ERROR what causes this error and how can I fix it. Hey and how do you fix the purple screen you get when changing an avi into an MPEG-2

Minion  2002-10-29 20:29:22 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are getting a Purple screen then that can be caused by 2 things either you have the "Angel Potion codec" installed on your Machine which you should delete or you just need to raise the "Direct Show" file reader in the "Vfapi Plugins"...I think Stream writeing errors happen when you run out of Disk space..But I"m not sure if this is your problem so check to see if you have enough disk space.

Jin  2002-10-29 20:39:01 ( ID:r.o1gyof2bc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No it not that I got lots of space at least 30 gb but I still get it. How do I check direct show vfapi plug in?

Minion  2002-10-30 05:31:49 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well if you don"t have the "Angel potion Codec" then raise the "Direct show file reader" by going to "Options" to "enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and raise the "direct show" to "2"...

Jin  2002-10-30 15:18:15 ( ID:sbezb30us6n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I the tmpeg program? How about the stream error?

Jin  2002-10-30 15:21:06 ( ID:sbezb30us6n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

And what happens if we don't have the plugin. I mean I downloaded it but I don't think I installed it properly. How do you install it.

Question - sound problem No.30024
jsmoney  2002-10-29 19:36:51 ( ID:5ovloagx4zh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hey, i'm having a sound problem with making a magnolia mpg. i used dvd2avi to create a wav file that plays fine. however, when i try to create an mpg with tmpgenc, the video plays fine but there is no audio. i've tried doing it 3 times but i can't get it to work. everything has worked great on other movies though. any thoughts?

Ashy  2002-10-29 19:45:14 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is the wav actually loading into the audio field?

Try raising the priority of the wav reader in the VFAPI plugins.

ASHY

Minion  2002-10-29 20:25:54 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

And if all elce fails use something elce to encode the audio to mp2...

Question - Ashy Can You help again? No.30022
jgraham95  2002-10-29 19:08:37 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ashy Ive been having trouble encoding episodes of a programme called dragonball Z! what happens is if i leave the direct show(enviromental settings) at -1 it does not recognise the avi files! But if i change the direct show to anything else the sound starts to jump! Playing for a second then being silent for a second! This continues through all the episodes i have done. I got told to use virtual dub for the audio and change it into a wav file. But sadly this does not help! Is there any way of sorting this as I never used to have this problem. Thanks In advance!!!!

Ashy  2002-10-29 19:34:07 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What format are the AVI's in and what format are you encoding to?

When you extract the audio to a wav file does the wav file play ok in media player?
Have you tried raising the priority of the wav reader also?

If all else fails just encode the the movie without audio then use either dbpoweramp or MPEGDJencoder (much, much faster) to encode the audio to MPEG2 and multiplex the 2 files together.

ASHY

Question - Should I interlace or deinterlace? No.30020
Will Hay  2002-10-29 09:17:19 ( ID:dhjxyoqacl6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm in a position where I can capture home movies through my Matrox capture card, run through TMPGEnc and author menu's with Ulead Movie Factory.
I tend to use the settings already set for me but wonder if I can achieve better quality by playing around.
I don't understand interlacing and deinterlacing, could someone tell me when and when not to use this?
Thanks,
Will

Ashy  2002-10-29 13:31:35 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If possible capture to your card without using interlacing this is called progressive frames. It will save you many problems later.

If you intend to watch the output on TV then use interlacing. If it's for monitor only don't use interlacing (progressive frames)
Having said that most DVD players are capable of playing progressive sources anyway, but DVD specs require MPEG2 sources to be interlaced.
MPEG1 is usually progressive.

ASHY

Question - Converted x4 .avi's of same type - only one out of synch No.30019
Will Hay  2002-10-29 09:05:15 ( ID:dhjxyoqacl6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I downloaded four divx .avi files and converted them all to mpeg using TMPGEnc. Three are perfect except one where sound doesn't match the video - it is out of synch.
The file plays fine as an .avi it only goes out of synch after I use TMPGEnc.
Anyone know what causes this and how to fix it?
Thanks,
Will

Question - audio-video problem No.30018
koka  2002-10-29 08:07:40 ( ID:8buzgb12aog )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I use WinXP, Premiere 6.0, a videoserver and Tmpgenc. At the end of the movie (30 minutes) audio and video are not synchronized. The difference is about 1 second. What's wrong? I don't have this problem when I use Windows2k.

Question - Still No Luck!!! No.30015
jgraham95  2002-10-28 22:19:12 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ive been told how 2use virtual dub! to extract my mp3 as a wav file! But the sound still comes out the same when i convert it! is there nything else i could try?

Ashy  2002-10-28 22:24:07 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The same as what? What problem are you having.

ASHY

Ashy  2002-10-28 22:26:03 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hmm, I see you are double posting about the same problem. Please refrain from this practice. It is unecessary and will get your post ignored and/or deleted.

ASHY

Question - Best way to process a segmented avi ? No.30007
a.graichen  2002-10-28 22:03:07 ( ID:p4bakfomxpk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
I captured a tv-movie into multiple .avi segments because of the 4GB barrier in FAT32. Whats the best(fastest) way to process these files to a VCD.

For the moment I create a batch encoding list and merge the result at the end. Is there a better (automated) way to do this?

Thank you. Andreas.

Ashy  2002-10-28 22:08:40 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes. Which program did you use to create the segments?
If you used Virtualdub then just load the first segment and frameserve to TMPG. Vdub will load the rest automatically.

If not load the first segment into Virtualdub and use the append function to add each subsequent segment then frameserve to TMPG. The segments will encoded as one complete file.

For info how to set up the frameserver consult the Virtualdub help files.

ASHY

Don Beto  2002-10-29 01:26:07 ( ID:ra54zhw1zgr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I would like to frame serve AVI segments (PicVideo MJPEG mostly)as Ashy suggests, but VirtualDub won't let me append some (same frame sizes but either slightly different frame rates or other unknown factors - some segments made in MSP6). Is there another way of doing this? Also Andreas, how exactly do you do this batch encoding list?
Thanks, Bob

Ashy  2002-10-29 13:40:42 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you have differing framerates then it is no wonder you are experiencing problems.

Even if you use TMPG to encode the files individually to the same framerate you will still encounter problems as TMPG does not do correct framerate conversion.

The files will join no prob, but will have jerky playback in some areas.

I would advise you to correct the framerates first in each file to make them identical with each other. This will desync the audio though, so you will have to use cooledit or soundforge to expand or shrink the audio to re-sync it.

ASHY

wcpaul  2002-10-30 01:53:37 ( ID:q7gr550x3gw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use an Avisynth script with AlignedSplice (++):

AVISource("file1.avi") ++ AVISource("file2.avi")

This fixes problems with sound going out of sync.

I always keep a template file for this handy.

Ashy  2002-10-30 11:23:46 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

But will most likely still give you conversion problems in TMPG.
If you are well versed with AVIsynth then you could use the 'ConvertFPS' command to convert all the files to the correct framerate. AVIsynth can do correct framerate conversion and is far better than using TMPG to do it.

Use this command in your script - CONVERTFPS(29.97)

ASHY

Don Beto  2002-10-31 02:55:13 ( ID:ra54zhw1zgr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm not sure if my question is for VirtualDub, MSP6, or TMPGEnc.
My problem is that I captured alot of segments in VirtualDub with MJPEG and a Matroz Rainbow Runner, and for some reason the rate was slightly off (29.9706); Also the VirtualDub properties show PICVideo MJPEG instead of the Matrox MJPEG.
Anyway, I want to edit (add transition, etc.) in MSP6. I can't seem to re-compress to MJPEG from MSP6 anyway, because the resultant file is so huge. How can I use TMPGEnc for final rendering? From experimenting with smaller files, I notice TMPGEnc rendering is noticably better than the one in MSP6.
Sorry to be so lenthy. What is AVISynth? Can you point me?
Thanks,
Bob

Ashy  2002-10-31 10:52:07 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

For AVIsynth go to http://www.videotools.net

There is also a new release on the site which will allow you to frameserve the files from Ulead Media Studio Pro v6 to TMPG which may help you.

ASHY

Question - The optimal encoding scheme for movies No.30003
Marc  2002-10-28 19:22:41 ( ID:m8b9qxujdzn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I'll try to find the optimal encoding scheme for movies. I tried
several like 2 Pass VBR, Constant Quality, etc. It is not clear
what the best scheme is for movies. Can somebody give me a hint?

Thanks,

Marc

Minion  2002-10-28 19:48:32 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Best way is what ever looks best to you...And every file has different properties which make so you might get better results with different settings from file to file...Generally the "CQ" method ballances file size and Quality to give the best output but that is a matter of opinion...

wcpaul  2002-10-30 01:48:15 ( ID:q7gr550x3gw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If there are only sporadic high motion sequences in the movie you can push the average bitrate for 2-pass VBR pretty low and still get good quality.

You just have to experiment with much longer clips to get the setting right.

A shortcut is to run CQ qual=100 for a high motion sample and check the average bitrate with a bitrate tool. Knock 2000 or 3000 Kbs off that number and set it as the 2pass VBR average.

Queuing some trials to run overnight is worth the effort. Every 1000 Kbs savings over a 1 hour movie reduces the file by almost 500MB.

Marc  2002-10-30 23:55:07 ( ID:m8b9qxujdzn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you all. I've found a great tool, DVD2SVCD who can do
the job well, extremely simple and gives great quality. A
real recommendation to all AVI to MPG coders!!!!

Marc

Question - Help with sound No.30001
jgraham95  2002-10-28 19:06:14 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi there! Ive been having problems with the sound on my avi files while converting! I got told to use vitual dub! But cant seem 2 work it! Can some1 tell me how to run it please! Thanks

Minion  2002-10-28 19:45:00 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

To extraxt the avi file to a WAV File with Virtual Dub you just load the file into V-Dub then go to "File" to "Save as WAV" and that is it....

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.