TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 350 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question index of scan line is out of range driver 2 2002-12-10 23:49:35
Question Anamorphic john 0 2002-11-09 19:32:07
Question Error When encoding Divx's to mpeg ? Destiny 1 2002-11-09 22:24:09
Question Video from video clip raminmd 1 2002-11-09 22:22:54
Question How to batch encode to MPEG? rvitek 1 2002-11-09 22:18:33
Question FAST AVMaster file ital 2 2002-11-09 23:45:14
Question Error messege: "Can not open, or unsupported " ? Destiny 1 2002-11-09 22:14:52
Question Inverse-Telecine Question crsv 5 2002-11-11 18:35:49
Question conversions... regman 1 2002-11-09 11:26:44
Question ogg issue regman 1 2002-11-09 11:28:29
Question Not-so-smooth movie from DV->AVI->Video-CD(PAL) conversion San123 9 2002-11-10 23:12:02
Question no sound or picture when recording...source file wont accept avi files hotwhlz68 1 2002-11-09 08:18:48

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 350 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - index of scan line is out of range No.30467
driver  2002-11-09 19:53:25 ( ID:zsvsj8s7lrk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

can any one please help
This is the 1st time i have tried converting divx to mpeg so i can make a vcd but i keep getting a message saying " index of scan line is out of range"
Does anyone know what this means.
Thanks
Driver

Minion  2002-11-09 22:26:11 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This usually means that there is something wrong with your AVI/DIVX file..and there is no Cure within Tmpgenc that will fix it But you can try to "FrameServe" the file with "Virtual Dub", this might work...

AdonisXX  2002-12-10 23:49:35 ( ID:7ttyvjaxchr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i have gotten the 'index of scan line out of range' error message several times and have been able to resolve the problem each time with success! first of all make sure your using the project wizard for your project so that when you get to the file output of the project wizard page-check the 'create another project' button-then click ok-then the 1st page of the wizrad pops up just cancel it out-what this does is add your project to the batch encode list-located in the file menue of TMPGEne. Ok so you gotten the error message-simply go to file menue and choose batch encode and you will see your project in there-simply choose run and let TMPGEne re-process your project all over again and with any luck you want get that error message again:)

Question - Anamorphic No.30466
john  2002-11-09 19:32:07 ( ID:ktpsdysrjio )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When backing up an anamorphic DVD I pick 16:9 in the first screen and leave the the other bit at full frame (Not keep aspect ratio) and the result seems to be an anamorphic SVCD on my 16:9 TV but if I pick 'keep aspect ratio' I get a normal widescreen image.
Is this correct or am I mistaken.
Many thanks

Question - Error When encoding Divx's to mpeg ? No.30464
Destiny  2002-11-09 17:53:41 ( ID:eeylgaggea2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Could anyone please advise me on how to encode divx to mpeg on order to convert them to VCD format .

I had this working, but I seem to get the following error messege :

file "c:document/mydocument/*.* .avi cannot open or unsupported"

does any1 know or can instruct me on how to check my setting maybe they are wrong.

I use vitual dub for the sound and that works no problem but when I select Video Source (even in the wizard) then select a Divx movie this messge appears., howver it seems to work on certain file that are rubish avi's and not divx quality. than if you could Help.

Destiny.
akaid.quyam@ntlworld.com

Minion  2002-11-09 22:24:09 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

go to "Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and Raise the "Direct Show" to "2"...

Question - Video from video clip No.30462
raminmd  2002-11-09 16:08:24 ( ID:btjmp8rsmnm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do I convert a windows media player vidoe clip into a vcd??

Minion  2002-11-09 22:22:54 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What is a "Windows Media Player Clip"????Actually there is no Such thing..Might you Be Talking about a "WMV" File??(Windown Media Video/Audio Format)"WMV" file are encoded Just like any other format you load the file in then choose your settings then encode..If you get an Unsupported Error then you have to go to "Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and Raise the "Direct Show" to "2"..If I"m off bace here Explain to use your Problem and the real format of your file...

Question - How to batch encode to MPEG? No.30460
rvitek  2002-11-09 16:05:59 ( ID:sgnph061qsl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello - I've been using TMPG for years and for some reason, I've never had to use the batch feature. Well now, I'd like to take a series of non-mpeg files, and convert them into mpeg-1 files. I've played around and searched, but I'm stuck. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Ry.

Minion  2002-11-09 22:18:33 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well Tmpgenc has only been around for about 18 months give or take...To Do a Batch job You just Do the settings for your first file then go to "File" to "Save Project" and save a Project file, then Repeat as nescessary, then when you got all of your project files ready you go to "File" to "Batch Encode" then load all the Project files into the Batch encode window then click "Run"..That is it...

Question - FAST AVMaster file No.30457
ital  2002-11-09 13:29:07 ( ID:h.0/kudvuvo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I' ve tried this good software to convert AVI file into MPEG1 videofile.
The quality of image is very good.
My problem is that is a very long process.
I use a Pentiun III with 500Mhz processor with NT4.0.
Acquisition Pal video card is a FAST AVMaster that generate a video file in FAST AV Master codec (32). This file is seen by tmpgenc software an AVI file in this machine.
For the quality that I'm serching for, I use the highest mode (veryslow). In this mode one minute of video is about to 2 hours of rendering. It is a very long process.

I've tried to render this file in an other machine (a P4 2Ghz), but tmpgenc software tell me that is a file not supported.

To avoid this I' ve exported the AV Master file in a Indeo5.11 avi file (1 hour for a minute same dimensions 768x576 and the highest quality).
In this way, P4 machine keeps 40 minutes rendering for a minute of video with tmpgenc.

In wich way can I directly compress FAST AVMaster file with tmpng software in the P4 machine?
I mean, are there particular set parameters or special drivers/patchs to install in the P4 machine for save rendering time?

Can anyone helpe me?

Thank you

Ital

gbagman37  2002-11-09 14:04:34 ( ID:aks1ajzl/6r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First you need to find which codec was used for the avi, you probally do have it installed on the P4 machine. Switch to high quality instead of highest, you will notice any difference in quality but will encode twice as fast.
In order to speed up the process(since you have a slow machine), turn off on background applications and processes that you don't need. Make sure you have defragged recently.Change your paging file to double the size of your RAM.

also in TMpegnc change to priority in Direct show to 2

and finally extract the audio(with Virtual Dub) to a wav to use as the audio source in Tmpegnc

Minion  2002-11-09 23:45:14 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is definately something wrong if it takes 40minutes to do 1 minute of AVI to Mpeg on a P-4, It shouldn"t take more than 2 minutes to do 1 minute of video in a P-4 On High Quality..and to get Rid of the "Unsupported" Error on the P-4 go to "Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins"a dn raise the "Direct show" to "2"...

Question - Error messege: "Can not open, or unsupported " ? No.30455
Destiny  2002-11-09 12:19:07 ( ID:eeylgaggea2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I select the Video Source (DivX file) I seem to get the following error message showing up:

" can not open or unsupported " this show the file name begore that message appears. However this never used to promt me.

Can any1 help please ?

thanks
Akaid
Destiny

Minion  2002-11-09 22:14:52 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

"Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and raise the "Direct show" to "2"...

Question - Inverse-Telecine Question No.30449
crsv  2002-11-09 12:13:46 ( ID:mfbnwcya2bl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This board is great - maybe someone can help me with a problem that has been nagging me for awhile --

I go through a VOB file --> DVD2AVI ---> TMPGENC ---> 29.97 fps VCD process to reencode my DVD captures (from a DVD recorder) to VCD. When I look at the results in VirtualDub - it's obvious that the video has been telecined since there is a mixed frame every 4 frames or so. Most of the video I'm processing is animated stuff.

So then I went back and used the inverse-telecine function on TMPENC (using normal VCD (not film VCD) template, that is, 30 fps) and the mixed frames go away and the resultant video looks good to me. Everything that I've read so far says that if you use inverse-telecine, you should be encoding at 24 fps (film VCD) not 30 fps. But I want 30 fps NTSC video because I want to be able to swap clips with other people and I want good DVD player compatibility.

I'd like some advice on the best thing to do to get 30 fps NTSC video.
(A) Should I just leave the inverse-telecine function alone. The playback with the encodes that contain the mixed frames doesn't seem that bad to me but maybe others will think it sucks. The only way I can tell is to look at the video frame by frame.
(B) Should I use inverse-telecine but use the 30 fps template. It seems OK but there might be some drawback that I'm not aware of. I read that the video could be "jumpy" but I haven't seen that.
(C) Should I do something else

thanks

gbagman37  2002-11-09 14:11:22 ( ID:aks1ajzl/6r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I believe you need to a 3:2 Pulldown to convert from 24 to 30,
I use the force film setting in DVD2AVI to encode to film, but if you dont use that just load the VCD template for NTSC(not NTSC Film)

Ashy  2002-11-10 01:14:46 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You seem to have got some wires crossed here.

Let me explain what IVTC is. IVTC is a process of reversing telecined footage which has had 3:2 pulldown added to create a 29.97 interlaced movie.
IVTC will return this 29.97 movie back to it's original 23.976 progressive source.

The reason for this is that progressive sources do not suffer from interlacing artifacts and are easier to encode.

The best way to acheive this is to use the ForcedFilm option with DVD2AVI. This will return a 29.97 interlaced movie back to a 23.97 progressive movie.

Once you have done this you then use the '3:2 pulldown when playback' option in TMPG, but this option only works for MPEG2 not MPEG1. Choose the 'SuperVideoCD (NTSCFilm).mcf' and all the correct options for turning a 23.97 source into a 29.97 will be set for you.

Regarding the fact you are attempting to convert to MPEG1 VCD you cannot use the 3:2 pulldown option so IVTC is pointless therefore the best option is to simply leave the source at 29.97 and just re-encode using the same framerate, but de-interlace the source.

This will remove artifacts and should give a reasonable image quality when re-encoded.

ASHY

crsv  2002-11-11 12:52:47 ( ID:mfbnwcya2bl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, I may have wires crossed :) but ...

when I used the de-interlace option, the mixed frames were still apparent

I don't want a 24 fps video, I want 30 fps -

I just wanted to mention that if I don't use "force film" in DVD2AVI and use the standard VCD template for encoding (except selecting the inverse-telecine option) is seems to make a very nice VCD compliant video with the mixed frames gone. But, since my wires are crossed, I wanted to know what the negative effects of this was. For instance, would the video be "jumpy" because inverse-telecine is removing every fourth or fifth frame? It didn't appear so when I looked at the video.

Having said all of that, I really don't mind the mixed frames being in the video. It doesn't appear to significantly affect the quality. But some guy I was swapping files with was highly critically of those frames being in the video - so I wanted to try to produce a better product.

thanks

ASHY  2002-11-11 17:37:42 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you use IVTC and return the movie back to 24 fps then encode to 30 fps you will surely have jerky playback, most noticible in panning shots.

The 24 fps movie will play fine, but because TMPG does not do correct framerate conversion the playback of the 30 fps MPEG WILL be jerky.

As far as the de-intelacing goes I would like to know which option you used as I don't think you de-interlaced correctly as there should have been no interlaced frames apparant.

ASHY

wcpaul  2002-11-11 18:35:49 ( ID:q7gr550x3gw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

To clarify and make sure I understand this myself:

Film material is stored on most commercial DVDs at 29.97fps but contains "repeat field flags". This looks like interlaced video to low priced players but allows progressive players to easily recover the original frames without relying on adaptive inverse 3:2 pulldown which is inherently error prone .

DVD2AVI in "forced film" mode also uses "repeat field flags" to delete the unecessary fields and output the true original video at 23.976fps.

We simply need to reverse the process when reencoding in TMPG and this is where the "3:2 pulldown when playback" setting comes in. It says to encode progressively at 23.976fps but repeat fields to pad the result up to 29.97 and insert the flags. No need to mess with anything in the "Advanced" menu.

If the original material was from analog capture or is missing the repeat field flags, use DVD2AVI->VFAPIConv to serve the material into Virtualdub for adaptive inverse 3:2 pulldown (Frame Rate... menu). Or use TMPG's "Advanced" function (if you can figure it out). NEVER deinterlace 29.97 film material. Two of five frames end up irreversably munged.

One note ATI Radeon AIW owners doing analog capture: Realtime MPEG capture has an "Inverse Telecine" option which I originally thought was broken because it produced 29.97fps. But it actually does a nearly flawless insertion of repeat field flags! Laser Disc material, captured at 15Mbs, and reencoded as described above to DVD bitrates produce amazing results.

Question - conversions... No.30447
regman  2002-11-09 11:04:05 ( ID:jmiymllqlvf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can anybody tell me how to convert DIVX 5 to a wave[PCM audio]format so I can encode my movie? I've tried with virtual dub, but it won't let me do it. Am I doing something wrong? Please let me know what I can do to encode my movie.

Thanks everyone!!

Ashy  2002-11-09 11:26:44 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use AVImux.

ASHY

Question - ogg issue No.30445
regman  2002-11-09 10:52:16 ( ID:jmiymllqlvf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have an ogg vorbis/DIVX file to encode and TMPGEnc won't let me encode it. It keeps giving me an error message saying "error occurred when ACM was initialized"....it has something to do with the audio part(I think)...what does this mean and how can I get around this to encode this movie? Somebody please tell me what I have to do to get this resolved!

Ashy  2002-11-09 11:28:29 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need to decode the audio to wav first. Make sure you have the ogg vorbis codec installed then use AVImux to extract to a wav.

ASHY

Question - Not-so-smooth movie from DV->AVI->Video-CD(PAL) conversion No.30435
San123  2002-11-09 04:28:07 ( ID:s5zspxphbdj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The movie is not SMOOTH (frames move abruptly) when I am trying to make a Video-CD (PAL) from Sony DV camcorder movie. Please help !

Minion  2002-11-09 08:16:50 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It sounds like one of 2 things..1)You are encodeing to a Different frame rate than the source file.You have to Capture at 25FPS and encode at 25FPS if you are going to make a Pal-VCD..#2)is the Field Order is Set incorrectly, This won"t apply to you CuZ you are Making a VCD which uses progressive frames and so does Pal..and it is Unlikely that you dropped Frames durring capture from your DV Cam Cuz it doesn"t happen that often with DV But it is Possible ,This can cause Jumpy Playback..But I"m sure that the problem is that you encoded to a different frame rate than your DV/AVI file..You Can Not use Tmpgenc to do Frame rate conversions if this is what you tried intentionally..

Ashy  2002-11-09 11:44:15 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Pal (standard) is an interlaced format not progressive.

NTSC (standard) = 29.97 fps interlaced frames
NTSC and PAL (VCD) = progressive frames
NTSC (DVD) = 29.97 fps interlaced frames with 3:2 pulldown
PAL (standard) = 25 fps interlaced frames
PAL (DVD) = 25 fps interlaced with 2:2 pulldown and 4% speed up.

ASHY

San123  2002-11-09 16:02:15 ( ID:stakpzq1suo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks so much for the replies. I am not an expert in movie-making so it is hard to understand technical terms.

Here is what I did:
1.Recorded a movie on Sony Mini-DV camcorder in NTSC format.
2.Converted this movie into AVI file using Windows MovieMaker software (with default settings of DV-AVI and 30frames/sec which I can not change)
3. Use TMpgenc to convert this AVI into a mepg file to make a PAL-VCD. For this I am using following setting:
- Load VideoCD (PAL).mcf
- In Settings->Video tab, everything is grayed-out
- In Settings->Advanced tab, I get following settings
Non-interlaced (progressive)
Top field first (field A)
4:3 525 line (NTSC, 704x480)
Full screen (keep aspect ratio)
All other options below UNCHECKED

With thess settings I get jumpy movie.

BUT WAIT. When I check the box for "Do not frame rate conversion" then I DO NOT GET JUMPY PICTURE anymore !!!

Shall I proceed with these setting and make a PAL VCD ? Will it work ?

I really need some help, PLEASE !!!

Gonzales  2002-11-09 19:01:22 ( ID:p3zw9malhth )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

>>1.Recorded a movie on Sony Mini-DV camcorder in NTSC format.
o.k. you've recorded in NTSC

>>2.Converted this movie into AVI file using Windows MovieMaker software (with >>default settings of DV-AVI and 30frames/sec which I can not change)
o.k.

>>3. Use TMpgenc to convert this AVI into a mepg file to make a PAL-VCD. For >>this I am using following setting:
>>- Load VideoCD (PAL).mcf
why dou you use the PAL template ?? your video was recorded in NTSC. use the VideoCD (NTSC).mcf.

regards,

gonzales

San123  2002-11-09 19:25:14 ( ID:fxzhgqbxqwm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to send the CDs to India. That is why I need PAL VCD. Any idea if that can be done ?

Regards

Minion  2002-11-09 22:13:55 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You aren"t getting a Jumpy picture when you check the "Do not Frame rate Convert" because then you are encodeing to NTSC and it isn"t converting the frame rate to Pal so the Actuall Frame rate of the Mpeg with that setting will be 29.9/30fps and will not be a Pal Movie..And there is No need to convert the DV to AVI doing this will just make you loose Quality...There are a Couple Programs that will convert the "29.9/30fps" DV/AVI file to a "25fps" Pal DV/AVI file without the Jumpyness, then you can encode the DV/AVI file to a Pal VCD/SVCD...But these Programs Take a Bit of an Investment, one is called "Advanced NTSC/Pal Converter" and another one is called "ProCoder"..And there is an AVISYnth Command that will do the conversion for you But useing AVISYnth takes a bit of experience to use it, but it is Free...So Basicly if you use the "Do Not Frame Rate Convert" option then you will not have a Pal File....

San123  2002-11-09 23:45:40 ( ID:ii20oewyadj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am giving up and in hurry too :-) I think the easier way for me is to convert NTSC Video Cassettes to PAL and then making VCDs (from professional shops).

Thanks a lot to all for your replies and tips. It was great having the chat. Hopefully I will join back sometime in future...

Regards
Sanjay

Gonzales  2002-11-10 18:42:49 ( ID:/oop9x2wzyk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

maybe you don't have to burn a PAL VCD when the DVD Player supports NTSC playback. Well I'm living in Germany and we're having PAL, too. I've bought myself some NTSC DVD's and played them on my player (it's codefree :-). It works fine.

regards,

gonzales

ASHY  2002-11-10 23:12:02 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If your player is code free then it is likely your player is not doing any conversion to PAL, but is simply outputting an NTSC signal. This means you must have a multiformat T.V. to handle the signal.
Not everybody has a multiformat T.V. and will therefore not be able to play NTSC disks correctly.

ASHY

Question - no sound or picture when recording...source file wont accept avi files No.30433
hotwhlz68  2002-11-09 03:12:57 ( ID:6ayv7pjhz5g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok i just up-graded to 2.58plus and now when i try to record, i get an error saying the avi files are unsupported. i raised the direct show level to 2 and that has not fixed the problem.also during the recording process, i get no picture and no sound(i have all of the current plug-ins).
can someone help me

Minion  2002-11-09 08:18:48 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do you have the proper codecs installed???Have you tried Re-installing Tmpgenc and the Vfapi Plugins?? Have you tried to frame serve any files with V-Dub and see if that works??

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.