TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 359 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Problems encoding certain AVIs tiring_day 4 2002-11-01 02:18:42
Question Audio / Video not synchron when Cutting/Merging Eurydike007 1 2002-10-31 20:28:30
Question BUGGY CUT and MERGE Klaus Deiss 1 2002-10-31 20:25:23
Question weird error message regman 1 2002-10-31 10:23:32
Question preview screen otkidd 1 2002-10-31 09:44:05
Request audio glitches and loops at one specific spot yoshi 0 2002-10-31 05:38:02
Question avi to mpeg convert princess 2 2002-10-31 17:23:23
Question subtitle help vidiot 2 2002-10-31 10:29:23
Question changing screen format jamesjts 3 2002-10-31 10:34:12
Question How do I create my own *.mcf file? KSmut 2 2002-10-31 14:37:29
Question Not a valid archive dlicon 1 2002-10-31 09:34:04
Question tmpg cutukjock 1 2002-10-31 09:33:14

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 359 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Problems encoding certain AVIs No.30117
tiring_day  2002-10-31 12:16:44 ( ID:6nivppeoqqf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi guys

Been using the program for quite sometime but recently have been getting a lot of problems encoding some AVIs. It isn't just a TMPG thing but thought one of our local genii would have an answer.

When trying to encode to VCD, TMPG gives out BS file size in the Wizard, claims file will be ex. 348% of disk. There is not way this is the real file size but if I set it encoding I get an error and the audio is out of sync. This is only with certian AVIs. These same AVI also resist the change from 23.(whatever) fps to 25 fps with the resulting MPGs audio being out of sync.

I have also tried loading the audio into sound forge but the program crashes.

I am gussing this has soemthing to do with the audio offset of the AVI but have no idea how to get these files to encode.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Steve

Minion  2002-10-31 20:33:59 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are Converting the File from 23.9FPS to 25FPS then the audio is going to be out of stnc and other problems also...You CAN NOT use Tmpgenc to do frame rate conversions..It does not do them properly, you have to use a Different software to do Frame rate conversions from NTSC to Pal or Visa Versa, like Avisynth has a Script command that converst Frame rates pretty good and "ProCoder" does it well also...as for file size use a "Bitrate Calculator" to determine the file size and bitrate...

t1968  2002-10-31 21:49:09 ( ID:ltznoefrjna )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The problem is the AC3 sound stream.
I had the problem and I solved following the steps below.
1.Install VirtualDUB (FreeWare).
2.Extracting the Audio from AVI to Uncompressed WAV file.
3.Downgrading the sound rate from 48000 to 44100.
4.To convert using TMPEGEnc the Viedo Source is the AVI and the Audio Source is the .WAV

I hope it works for you

tiring_day  2002-10-31 23:53:02 ( ID:6nivppeoqqf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry guys maybe I didn't make myself very clear. I have been doing this for a while. I usually strip the audio off with VDub put it through BeSweet, use AVIFrate on the Video and bash it all through TMPG no probs. The problem is some AVIs just won't have it. The Audio is out of Sync from the start. Oh by the way you can stick a 23 to 25 in TMPG, the audio stays pretty much in sync but the picture is way jerky. Trying demo of Procoder as we speak but last time I tried it didn't fair much better. Bludy AVIs

Going to Try Goldwave to strip off Audio as Forge won't take it off these AVIs without choking on it and dieing

Any other suggestions gratefully accepted

Minion  2002-11-01 02:18:42 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Procoder Demo will only make a 6 minute file with a Logo on it so it won"t do what you want and unless you have a Cracked version but those are Very rare..But avisynth will do it and it is free...The way I extract AC3 is use Virtual dub to save as wav then rename it as AC3 then use AC3Fix to fix the wav header and then I have a AC3 file..The sync problem with frame rate conversions is the least of the problems the Jumpyness it the most anoying....

Question - Audio / Video not synchron when Cutting/Merging No.30115
Eurydike007  2002-10-31 10:51:26 ( ID:t.pdb7megpj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I wanted to cut a large video into two smaller pieces.
Usind MPeg Tools/Merg&Cut worked for the video. But the audio is not synchron in the new parts.
Anyone out there who knows the solution or whatm i'm doing wrong?

Minion  2002-10-31 20:28:30 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need to use Something else to Edit you mpeg files...Tmpgenc can not properly edit Mpeg file that are VBR..and it doesn"t edit CBR very well sometimes either and there isn"t really anything inside tmpgenc that will fix the problem, you might want to try a different version but that might not help either so you either have to encode your movie in parts that you can fit on a CD-R or use something elce to edit with....

Question - BUGGY CUT and MERGE No.30113
Klaus Deiss  2002-10-31 10:22:50 ( ID:sqcfuydelu6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a problem with cut/merge. I'am working with files created with hauppauge pvr. Sometimes (if there are some activities on the pc) the pvr-encoder cause some errors in the mpg-stream. If tmpgenc finds such an error it will either stop immediatly or continue without error but in the resulting file audio stops.

There is no problem to convert such a file with tmpgenc's encoder to annother format (e.g. VCD) - seems to be a special problem in tmpgencs cutting engine.

I found a workaround error: demuxe the mpg file. take the resulting mp2 file and encode it with tmpgenc (audio only project).target mp2, same bitrate as input (or lower....) - remux mp2 and mpv - and there is sound ! But this works not allways. In some cases it is not possible to demux the file - because the demuxer can't read the mpeg file........

The Hauppauge MPEG-Files ar in mpeg-2 format. I'am using ligos decoder - I've also tested others - no difference in behavior.

After reading about similar problems here in the forum I found the hint that the cut/merge functions in the current release of tmpgenc are buggy. So I tried the recommended M2-Edit in V2.1(from www.apachez.net .........) and its demuxer and remuxer works fine, after remuxing it's also possible to cut the output with tmpgenc.

But this M2 Edit is sooo expansive and it's functionality is so low (for my tasks) that this is not a satisfying solution. I tried a lot of other solutions (Transcoding with REMPEG, demuxing with bbdmux) nothing works. Only M2 !

Does anybody now a tool which is able to fix a small bug inside an MPEG-2 file, so that I can use the fixed file in tmpgenc ???????????

Somebody wrote thar eventually there may be more success with an older release of tmpgenc. Which relase had a more stable cut/merge function ???

Klaus Deiss

Minion  2002-10-31 20:25:23 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well the "Mpeg Tools" are Really only support Mpeg files encoded By Tmpgenc and even then It don"t work very well..But a fairly easy and good Mpeg2 editor is Mpeg2Vcr which will re-packetize the mpeg stream to fix certain errors but it does add a lot of padding to the stream ...You can find it at appachez.net also...

Question - weird error message No.30111
regman  2002-10-31 10:10:29 ( ID:jmiymllqlvf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm trying to encode a movie and as it's encoding it stops and gives me an error of "scan index line is out of range". What does this message mean? I'm getting rather frustated with this thing about now!! Please help me out....SOMEBODY!!

Ashy  2002-10-31 10:23:32 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You have a corrupt AVI. You may be able to fix the bad frame with Virtualdub or frameserve it from Virtualdub to TMPG.

ASHY

Question - preview screen No.30109
otkidd  2002-10-31 07:14:17 ( ID:yiyckgkczmj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i went to enviro. setting and up the level to 2 and made direct movie my # 1 priorty and still i have no preview screen it is just black any other suggestions. the 1st movie i encoded played fine preview screen played just fine. but every since i can't seemed to get it to work with any other movie i downloaded from kazaa please help

Minion  2002-10-31 09:44:05 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well if you can"t get the file loaded into Tmpgenc try loading it into "Virtual Dub" and see if it accepts it and if it does then use it to "Frame Serve" to Tmpgenc...Useing Movies downloaded off the net on places like Kazaa will give you problems while encodeing more often than not...Get a DVD-Rom and ripp DVD"s and then the quality gets much better and the problems go away...

Request - audio glitches and loops at one specific spot No.30108
yoshi  2002-10-31 05:38:02 ( ID:ogcaiavb45l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i'm converting a kenshin episode and the video encodes just fine but i'm having problem with the sounds. When i'm encoding the episode, at 2 minutes and some seconds the audio starts looping like a scratch on a cd... this has happened to some of the other episodes but i fixed it by encoding it without inverse telecine (sp?). so what can i do to fix this problem?

Question - avi to mpeg convert No.30105
princess  2002-10-31 00:15:23 ( ID:x9ybknkyt66 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i have been having trouble with converting avis to mpeg format. when i try to add the avi format file to the conversion list it says that the file is not supported. i thought this program was meant to make these types of conversions and am wondering if i am doing something wrong. thanks

Minion  2002-10-31 09:40:01 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

go to "Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and raise the "direct show File reader" to "2"...

eddie95  2002-10-31 17:23:23 ( ID:cgx3nbhwwxm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Wow! How the hell did you work that one out?! I dont even understand what I had to do that for, but it works so I'm happy :)

Question - subtitle help No.30102
vidiot  2002-10-30 23:36:45 ( ID:wchdpbe2hpw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, Im haveing trouble with a divx video file that I want to put on VCD.
So far ive had good luck, sound is fine, video is fine too. Everything works great when I put it in my DVD player.

Only one problem.

The video contains subtitles and they keep getting partialy cut off on the bottom of the screen. Its kinda getting annoying. Is this a problem with TMPG or my VCD burning software (VCD EASY)

What should I do? Any way I can resize it better? Someone please help.
-vidiot-

Minion  2002-10-31 09:39:03 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You will have to arrange the picture so that there isn" space cut off on the top and bottom of the screen...You can use the "clip frame" settings for this....

Ashy  2002-10-31 10:29:23 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What is the resolution of the AVI and where is this cut off happening? PC or TV.

If it's PC you are probably using the wrong aspect ratio settings. Post the aspect ratio settings you are using here.

ASHY

Question - changing screen format No.30098
jamesjts  2002-10-30 21:23:11 ( ID:kqeswzcpkao )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

how or can I change the screen format from a wide or letter box to full screen. If it cannot be done with Tmpgenc then what. This program does everything else i figure I should be able to do that to

jamesjts  2002-10-30 22:30:23 ( ID:kqeswzcpkao )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i've been playing and figured out to clip the frame but i get one of 2 things. Either the streched look an odd sized retangular skinny picture is there a way besides clipping or to adjust for a normal looking picture

Minion  2002-10-31 09:37:14 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Set the "Video arrange method" to "Fullscreen Keep Aspect Ratio" and have the out put aspect ratio set to "4:3" and you can use the clip frame to adjust it a bit...

Ashy  2002-10-31 10:34:12 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If the source is 16:9 then you need to choose the appropiate setting under the 'source aspect ratio' as 16:9.
The "Video arrange method" set to "Fullscreen Keep Aspect Ratio" and the output aspect ratio set to "4:3".
You will then have to crop the image at the sides until the black bars dissapear. This will maintain correct aspect ratio.

ASHY

Question - How do I create my own *.mcf file? No.30095
KSmut  2002-10-30 21:00:39 ( ID:/i1ldoowiqj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Anyone know the process of creating a custom *.mcf file?

Minion  2002-10-31 09:34:52 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do the settings the way you want them then click the "Save" button in the bottom right ...

KSmut  2002-10-31 14:37:29 ( ID:/i1ldoowiqj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Oh my God! Sorry about that Minion. I think I had a flashback to my newbie days.

Question - Not a valid archive No.30093
dlicon  2002-10-30 18:06:50 ( ID:wdzedfcjrjh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

the file I downloaded will no unzip...it says it is not a valid archive.

Minion  2002-10-31 09:34:04 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

WeLLLlllll....Download it till it is a valid archive...

Question - tmpg No.30091
cutukjock  2002-10-30 17:57:01 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have altered the Direct show to 2 but no difference

Minion  2002-10-31 09:33:14 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No differance in What...My Mind reading is a Bit off....but I"ll try....Go get the correct codecs...

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.