TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 577 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question What does BUFFER UNDERFLOW error mean? Anon 2 2002-05-14 12:23:44
Question error question jarret 2 2002-05-14 23:56:51
Question No Sound in MPG file Ramesh 3 2002-05-14 08:50:56
Question Settings for clearity/quality in DIVX 4 codec? NewtronX 6 2002-05-14 01:52:33
Question Creating 100's of project files Bob 2 2002-05-14 20:50:31
Question Size of the generated MPG Kairon 1 2002-05-13 23:57:39
Question Smartripper problem Alex 2 2002-05-14 00:18:27
Question I'm new to this....please help! Alex 4 2002-05-14 11:53:11
Question Can TMPG encode subtitles? pit bullz 1 2002-05-14 09:35:06
Request Maybe this BBS should be turned into a proper forum Anon 2 2002-05-14 02:10:01
Free talk thanx minion ed 0 2002-05-13 19:23:12
Question Interlaceing DVD in Video and Bitrates? NewtronX 5 2002-05-14 10:15:18

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 577 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - What does BUFFER UNDERFLOW error mean? No.21239
Anon  2002-05-14 02:15:35 ( ID:kfh2kqui2ia )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does it have any affects? I got over 100,000 buffer underflow errors, but the output movies seems perfectly fine. I'm a bit confused.

Minion  2002-05-14 02:42:16 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

They seem fine untill you play them on your dvd player.....try the method above

Anon  2002-05-14 12:23:44 ( ID:kfh2kqui2ia )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks

Question - error question No.21236
jarret  2002-05-14 02:08:57 ( ID:efcacd.iphh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

the error message "cannot load p3package.dll" comes up when i try to encode the movie with tmpg. anyone know how to fix this?

ffast  2002-05-14 02:14:07 ( ID:rq73n1voqvj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Type "p3package.dll" at the right top corner of this BBS then press "search".

This question has been made/answerd too much!

Minion  2002-05-14 23:56:51 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There are two solutions for this, but the best one is to copy and paste the p3p package into your system & system32 folder......

Question - No Sound in MPG file No.21232
Ramesh  2002-05-14 01:51:34 ( ID:szc3d9vwiqa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Like Albino_79, I am getting no sound in my MPAG file. The WAV file produced by DVD2AVI is fine as I can play this on the media player. I am setting up TMPGEnc for PAL VCD, and it seems to indicate that sound has been added.

Any help will be most appericated

Ramesh

rix  2002-05-14 12:50:31 ( ID:20dgsy3rh/6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i am having the same problem mate

Adel  2002-05-14 16:16:58 ( ID:0ailudbijua )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tip 1 - converting DivX movies to svcd with Tmpgenc:

Alot of people seem to have problems converting their divx movies to mpeg - heres the reason and the sollution:

A divxmovie consist of an avi videotrack compressed with the divxcodec and an audiotrack compressed with an mp3 codec. Normally the videotrack does not create problems but most editors and encoders often choke on the mp3codec especially if it is encoded at 48khz instead of 44khz or are encoded with variable bitrate - this is why you often get no sound or unable to import to for instance tmpgenc.

The sollution is to first convert the audiotrack to a pcm(wav) track - and the easy way to do this without having to take out the audio first and encode separately:

http://www.mnsi.net/~jschlic1/

avi2vcd - has a tool called decompress.
Load your divx/mp3 muxed file in decompress and it creates a new divx/pcm muxed file - it does not touch the video, only uncompresses the audiopart within the file. You'l get a new file somewhat bigger - that will directly import to tmpgenc - then just load your favourite vcd/svcd template and hit encode.

Source: http://www.spawns.dk/svcd/index.htm

Brian  2002-05-14 08:50:56 ( ID:paxuygvpzok )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Ashy,
I new to all of this so can you explame more what DIVX 5 codec is and do I already have this in WinTV PVr PCI? I usually select SVCD or VCD from the menu in WinTV and then just record. I then usually try mixing it in Tempg or Ulead but the quality is always the same. When you say capture do you mean AVI and if i change the capture settings in WinTV does this doesn't seem to effect the quality.

All me equipment is new, ie Nero 5.5, WinTV, Ulead and I use Windows ME.
Hope this makes scnse!

Thanks very much

Regards
Brian

Question - Settings for clearity/quality in DIVX 4 codec? No.21225
NewtronX  2002-05-14 00:44:34 ( ID:0ysy.lkdema )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

1>I like to save multiple formats of movies Divx,MPG1&MPG2. In MP3 when you encode past a certain bitrate you cant detect a noticable quility improvement. As their is with MP3 I am sure their is with the divx codec also. Whats the best video bitrate settings for clearity/quality in DIVX 4 codec? (not worried about size just quality)~NewtronX

Minion  2002-05-14 02:07:24 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I encode to divx4.12 for best quality I use 2pass at the max bitrate of 6000kbs,or for a quicker encode I use first pass quality based, but I"m sure you have more experience encodeing divx than me.......

Anon  2002-05-14 02:13:57 ( ID:kfh2kqui2ia )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Did you mean 6000 or 600??? 6000 seems overkill to me

Minion  2002-05-14 22:47:46 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is no sutch a thing as over kill when it comes to quality, with divx5 I use 10,000kbs to get the best quality,The higher the bitrate the better the quality with all most every format.......

NewtronX  2002-05-15 00:16:19 ( ID:0ysy.lkdema )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion are you telling us that the difference between one bitrate can never get to the point where you can't tell the difference between the two?
Because this has shown to be untrue with MP3 once you get beyond 160Kbs the human ear has a hard time detecting a difference. Hell I encode at 128Kbs and cant tell hardly any difference between that and 160kbs.
I have done 600,800,1000, 1200, 1600, 2000 and 2500kbs Divx myself just never encoded the same file at all those bitrates to find out since it takes a time. Guess thats what I am going to have to do encode at 600 then step up every 300 or 500kbs till I get to 6000. I will report back next week on this endeavour. Guess I will use a 2min DVD clip. But how do I judge it is their any programs to detect picture quality from the original clip besides doing it by eye which might make for a lame or biased opinion? Can any one help? ~NewtronX

ASHY  2002-05-15 18:17:33 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I do exactly as minion. I'm a quality freak and want every encode I do to be as perfect as possible within reason.

I use the DIVX 5 codec to capture at full screen as this gives almost identical quality to the original then convert to MPEG2. I always use the highest setting at 10,000kb/s and this makes a big difference, any lower an the quality drops accordingly.
I agree though that after a certain point you only get diminishing returns, but again this depends on your source and output.

If I was encoding to archive these movies to DIVX then I would probably lower the bitrate to keep the file size down and try and achieve a medium between quality and file size.

As for audio I must have good ears because there is a definite difference between mp3 at 192kb/s and 128 kb/s. This has also been proven in blind tests and studies.
I would never use 128 kb/s for encoding my audio as I want my compressed audio to sound as good as the original cd and 128 kb/s is definitely NOT cd audio quality.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-05-14 01:52:33 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When people refer to the quality of VCD being good and SVCD being excellant, they are referring to VCD's or SVCD's made from sources such as DVD rips or AVI's not plain old VHS.
The quality is bound to degrade if you are using a capture card to create your movies. The most you could hope for is just similar quality to the VHS video you are copying.

If you are saying that your copies aren't anywhere as good as the original then it's probably your capture technique thats letting you down.

To get the best quality I would advise capturing to as high a resolution as your card will allow without dropping frames.
If you can go to at least 640x480 and use a decent codec if you are capturing to compression such as the DIVX 5 codec set at highest quality, but fastest encode mode.

After that encode to SVCD using VBR not CBR.
As long as your card is decent you should get decent movies out of these settings.
I have a WinTV GO card and can capture at 720x576 using the DIVX 5 codec and the quality is excellent. Practically as good as the original when encoded to MPEG2.

ASHY

Question - Creating 100's of project files No.21222
Bob  2002-05-14 00:35:50 ( ID:osg2qwuqrog )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi all,

I have thousands of short clips with very similar file names that must be converted to MPEG-2. I know how to run batches in TMPGENC and that is not my question. I am trying to avoid setting up the project files individually.

I've tried opening the .tpr files with a text editor and changing the source and destination names, and that works unless the source files come from a different directory. This is semi-acceptable, but I would prefer a more automated method.

If I knew more about the structure of a .tpr file, I could export my clip list from a MySQL database and just add the rest of the contents of the .tpr project file with a script. Any suggestions? Or is there some extremely simple method that I'm not seeing?

TIA,

Bob

--
Bob Hayes
Systems Administrator
Artbeats Digital Film Library
bob@artbeats.com
http://www.artbeats.com
(541) 863-4429

ASHY  2002-05-14 03:03:29 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is probably what you need.
http://www.innsys.com.au/doylie/cat_Development/TMPEG_Batcher/TMPEG_List.htm

ASHY

Bob  2002-05-14 20:50:31 ( ID:osg2qwuqrog )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the tip! That's a very useful piece of software!!

Regards,

Bob

--
Bob Hayes
Systems Administrator
Artbeats Digital Film Library
bob@artbeats.com
http://www.artbeats.com
(541) 863-4429

Question - Size of the generated MPG No.21220
Kairon  2002-05-13 23:42:06 ( ID:2dubxkcm4vo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi ...
When i made a MPG from a AVI file i can't change the size of the generated MPG file ... can i do that?
Thanks ...
Bye ...

Minion  2002-05-13 23:57:39 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The size of the mpeg file is directly related to the bitrate used in encodeing, but there is a minimum bitrate you can use,I wouldn"t use any bitrate lower than the standard vcd template..But if you need to split your file use the "merge& cut" in the "mpeg tools".for vcd"s the most you will get on a cd with any sort of acceptable quality is 60-80min, 80min if you are useing the standard vcd template and 60 minutes at a bitrate of about 1650kbs..

Question - Smartripper problem No.21217
Alex  2002-05-13 23:33:49 ( ID:yu.2azquaaa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I use smartripper it doesn't seem like it is making a wave file. What am I doing wrong? I was able to get one the first time I used smartripper but not since.

Thanks,

Alex

Minion  2002-05-13 23:52:24 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Smart ripper doesn"t make "wav" files, but it makes "d2v" files, you have to get dvd2avi to extract the audio from your vob files........

ASHY  2002-05-14 00:18:27 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Or get VOB2AUDIO it's is better at it and faster.

ASHY

Question - I'm new to this....please help! No.21212
Alex  2002-05-13 23:06:27 ( ID:yu.2azquaaa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I posted a message earlier about how I tried converting a DVD to a VCD. I followed the intrustions from a guide I found on the internet. I used roxio easy CD creator to burn in onto a disk. Everything seemed to work fine until I played it in my DVD player. It played like it was in slow motion, very choppy and the sound was choppy as well. I don't know what I did wrong! Please help me. Written below are the steps I followed, so you could know everything I did. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, or what I'm doing at all for that matter, so if you reply, could you speak to me like I know nothing? Thanks!

I used cladDVD to rip the movie, then TMPGEnc. I loaded the video source and audio source, clicked on the LOAD button and chose VideoCD (NTSC).mcf. Next I clicked the SETTING button and clicked on the advance tab and double clicked on deinterlace, went to an "action" part of the movie and then chose 'Even-Odd field (field)' from the method drop down list and made sure the 'enable filter' box was checked. Then I moved the movie forward to check to see if the movie was jerky and followed intstructions to eradicate that and get the right 'field order'. Next I checked for 'Interlacing Artefacts' in our picture. I went back to 'Deinterlace' and double-clicked it. I Un-ticked the box that says 'Enable filter'. Then used 'Back-Frame', 'Forward-Frame' and 'Slide Bar' controls to start moving the movie, and went to different sections of the movie, and it told me if you see strange lines in the film then the source is 'Interlaced', if you can't see these lines then we'll treat it as Non-Interlaced. then it told me how to correct it. Next I double-clicked 'Clip Frame'. Clicked 'Default', used the slider to get to a bright part of the film. Using the 'Top', 'Bottom', 'Left' and 'Right' input boxes removed all the black edges, clicked OK and made sure that option (Clip Frame) is ticked. Then I picked 16:9 as the source aspect ratio. Then I clicked on the audio tab, and bumped up the volume to 200% and made sure audio edit was checked. Then I selected the 'Video' tab and changed 'Motion Search Precision' to High Quality (slow). I got the file into the output box and pressed start on TMPGEnc. Later I split it into two parts so I could fit it on two CD-Rs. I just followed all the instructions from the clonead.cjb.net website (DVDtoVCD).

I don't know what I have done wrong. I have tossed two cd's now cause the same thing happened and I don't know where I'm going wrong. I don't even know how to check it before I burn it to make sure it's going to work. Please let me know if you have any ideas of what I can try. Also, if you have read this far, thank you so much for your time!

Alex

Minion  2002-05-14 00:08:45 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Firstly use "smartripper" it is a better program,and get nero cuz "roxio" sucks, and you don"t need to use all those settings like de-interlace and the volume boost they will just complicate things when you are a newbe,but here is what is confuseing me, you said you don"t know how to check the file to see if it is working.Well just play the file on your computer better yet get dvd playing software like "power dvd".Usualy if it plays fine on your computer it should work on your dvd player if it is compatable..I don"t know what thing in particular you are doing wrong but sometimes it just don"t work the first time around,I went through about 30 cd"s before I got it right, but I had to learn from scratct with no manual..........good luck

ASHY  2002-05-14 01:35:20 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Alex before we go any further. It would be appreciated by myself and the other people who regularly use this forum if you didn't triple post. I'ts understandable you have a problem, but it's unecessary and will get you ignored.

Ok I'll start off by saying, dump clad DVD and download smartripper 2.41.
This is in my opinion and probably most people's opinion in this forum too, the best ripper there is as it automatically creates the .d2v project file you need.
If you want to carry on with CLADDVD fine.

Before beginning anything you need to check what the original framerate is of the movie. If it is 29.97 then carry on below, if it isn't then post back and tell me what it is and I'll give you further instructions.

If you don't know how to find out then download and use this program.
Just load in one of the VOBS.
http://teco.emg.hu/bitratev/BV.EXE

Ok follow these steps below.

1. Assuming you have already ripped the movie and you have a .d2v file and a wav file.
Load these into TMPG and choose the NTSC VCD template.

Now under the 'ADVANCED' tab set these options:

Video source type - Interlace( if a DVD)
Field order - Top field first(usually, but set it yourself if you know how)
Source aspect ratio - 16:9 display (if this looks strange then choose 16:9 NTSC)
Video arrange method - Full screen(keep aspect ratio)
Use the de-interlace filter to correct any combing effect problems on edges of moving objects.

Under the 'VIDEO' tab set these options:
Motion search precision - Normal

Forget about all this clipping and rearranging, it's not required, you can tackle this another time. The movie will still come out right.

2. If you wish to increase the audio volume then go ahead, but don't change anything else.

Now encode your movie.

3. After the encoding has finished you will need to split the movie.
When using the MERGE&CUT feature in MPEGtools make sure you select 'MPEG-1 Video cd' as the 'TYPE'

After splitting it is time to burn the movie.

4. Now if haven't already, download NERO http://nero.com

Run Nero and close the wizard which pops up.
In the NEW COMPILATION box click the option on the lefthand side which says 'Video cd'

On the right change the ENCODING RESOLUTION to 'NTSC'
Under the 'LABEL' tab, type in a name for your movie where it says 'Volume label'.

Now click the 'BURN' tab and choose the options below:
Determine maxiumum speed - Unchecked
Simulation - Unchecked
Write - Checked
Finalize cd (no further writing possible - Checked

Write speed 4x (Very important - DO NOT put the speed higher than this)
Write method - Track-at-once
Leave all others at default.

Now click the 'NEW' button on the right

5. Locate your movie using the file browser and drag the movie into the left pane.

Nero will check it and if you have done everthing right, it shouldn't give you any warnings. If it does you have done something wrong when encoding.

If you get no warnings then click FILE>WRITE CD...
A box will pop. Click the 'WRITE' button on the right hand side and NERO will begin burning your CD.

When it's finished, your movie should play fine in your player.

All this is assuming you are using a regular NTSC DVD and encoding to standard VCD.
Let me know how it goes.

ASHY

sukh  2002-05-14 06:25:57 ( ID:tnwva14793j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

sup, Once u cut a movie into 2 something changes. After you have cut it , you are going to have to encode it again to vcd. This has happened to me alot of times. once you have encoded it again than you can just burn it with nero or what ever youuse. This way is easy and it works!!!!

later

ASHY  2002-05-14 11:53:11 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hmm. I don't know how you arrived at the conclusion that once the movie is cut you are going to have to re-encode it.
Totally unecessary. Obviously you are using the wrong setting when cutting your MPEGs.
I and I doubt many others in this BBS ever find it necessary to re-encode after cutting. I know I never have to do it and I can't think of a situation where you would have to unless the MPEG was corrupt before cutting.

ASHY

Question - Can TMPG encode subtitles? No.21210
pit bullz  2002-05-13 22:57:41 ( ID:y8mepc8j5nn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I would like to know if there is a way to encode subtitles onto CD-r's or maybe encode a movie with two audio tracks. (to switch between languages). I would really appreciate any help or at least someone to lead me onto that path. Thank you and have a great day. - Pit Bullz

Dennis  Home )  2002-05-14 09:35:06 ( ID:.uhbhxbi0ng )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I recall there are some guides out there.. good startingplace is http://doom9.net and If im right you can't encode subtitles with Tmpgenc but you can use Virtual Dub with tmpgenc if you follow a guide I saw, and then you will have subtitlet.

/Regards Dennis

Request - Maybe this BBS should be turned into a proper forum No.21207
Anon  2002-05-13 20:51:01 ( ID:kfh2kqui2ia )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This BBS lack user-friendliness.......to say it has a poor layout is an understatement. The serach feature is almost useless and the layout makes it difficult!

I suggest using a forum like those powered by vBulletin. We can then have topic under specific categories, and allow for better searching capabilities. It'd also build a user-base far greater than the BBS has now.

Just a thought :-)

NewtronX  2002-05-14 00:50:53 ( ID:0ysy.lkdema )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Right good sugestions. But just keep in mind this forum is free so dont complain to much some one is paying for server up time and a IP.

Maybe If you could make one on line some where you could put a link here for it. :o)
I like to frequent www.VCDhelp.com they have a organized forum like you sugest also their are others out their but I forget their names. Must be getting old. Now where did I put that mouse...aaha..gotcha now click..lol ~NewtronX

Anon  2002-05-14 02:10:01 ( ID:kfh2kqui2ia )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No, don't get me wrong - I'm not complaining, just suggesting on improvements. I completely appreciate the software and BBS as it is.

Free talk - thanx minion No.21206
ed  2002-05-13 19:23:12 ( ID:w4o5n98l51. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i read that media player some times 'takes ove the divx' if upgraded or installed after divx. so i reinstalled divx5 and all seems well thanx

Question - Interlaceing DVD in Video and Bitrates? No.21200
NewtronX  2002-05-13 18:07:49 ( ID:blvxpewgwwm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

1>In AVI2DVD I set it for forced film which I though was suppose to get ride of interlacing and make it 23.97fps. But I always seem to have to deinterlace in Tmpgenc with the field set to even. Whats the Best way to deinterlace DVD. What setting should I choose?

2>When I encode a Mpeg1 I allways select deinterlace with tmpgenc. Should I deinterlace if I am going to make a VCD or will my DVD player deinterlace it? It plays the VCDS I make fine but maybe I would be getting better quality?

3>I like to save multiple formats of movies Divx,MPG1&MPG2. In MP3 when you encode past a certain bitrate you cant detect a noticable quility improvement. As their is with MP3 I am sure their is with the divx codec also. Whats the best video bitrate settings for clearity/quality in DIVX 4 codec? (not worried about size just quality)

These questions haunt me could some one please help me out. If Ashy ,willyiam or Arson could give me any suggestions I would apreciate it. Thanks.~NewtronX

ASHY  2002-05-13 19:20:03 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I havn't done much encoding using the FORCED FILM option as I don't need to use it seeing as most are PAL movies I encode.

The way I understand it is it depends on the movie if you use the Forced film option or not and is only used for progressive frames DVD movies encoded with 'FILM' or 'FILM' 90% plus not NTSC Interlaced DVD movies as I believe DVD2AVI does the 3:2 pulldown automatically when converting the Vobs to a d2v.

I would check using the the preview option first and see what it says.

If you do use the Forced film option this will convert the movie to 24 fps.

If the movie is true Film you shouldn't have any interlacing problems, but you will have to perform a 3:2 pulldown on the movie to transfer it to SVCD.

If you are getting interlace problems try without the Forced film option and change the field order around in TMPG.

Thats about as much as I can help afraid.
If any of the above is incorrect please feel free to put me straight.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-05-13 23:30:58 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

One other thing I feel I should mention is, do you still see the interlacing artifacts in the preview window of DVD2AVI?

Once you have set Forced FILM the preview should show no interlacing artifacts.
If you can still see artifacts it may be that there is something at the begining of the movie that is interlaced such as a trailer or even a few seconds title screen.
This can affect the Forced FILM option. You should watch the preview for changing statistics regarding this. Watch the Video and Frame type for changing from NTSC Interlaced to Film Progressive at the beginning of the movie.
Try using the source range setting in DVD2AVI and start on the very first frame of the movie itself to see if you get the same results.

If you still get artifacts then either the movies aren't true FILM and are regular 29.97 movies or are hybrids (usually animes).

If this is the case you should perform IVTC. This will give better quality than de-interlacing and TMPGs automatic setting does this quite well.

ASHY

NewtronX  2002-05-14 00:13:31 ( ID:0ysy.lkdema )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First Thanks.
You asked:
Q:One other thing I feel I should mention is, do you still see the interlacing artifacts in the preview window of DVD2AVI?
A:Yes even though I set it to Forced film. I thought that shouldn't happen.

I have been using forced film and using Tmpgenc to remove the interlace using the even field option.
Q:From what I gather you said using IVTC would do better is this right? Since I never used this method before, is it fairly easy, any pointers? And while I am at it should I set DVD2AVI for PC or TV? I have been using PC with no noticable degrade.

If it helps I live in the United States and alot of the DVD's I have been doing are ADULTXXX.

Thanks for the help your giving me. I have been figuring out all this stuff on my own for 6 months now but I figured now I want to make sure I am doing the best job possible and get some advice from the experts :o)(thats you) As I have seen your name alot here and thought your advice sane and logical 90% of the time.. What you guys do with Techno? Did you guys kill him I havent seen him lately. He was a bit rude and full of him self and his untasteful posting of illegal stuff was inappropriate. But I think its just his age getting the best of him. I know when I was his age I was a bit unruly..lol Feel like im getting old these days, will be 32 this year. Damn time flies.. ~NewtronX

ASHY  2002-05-14 02:47:56 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Only 90%? I'm gonna have to improve.

If you are still seeing the interlacing artifacts then it would suggest to me that that the DVD's are not FILM 23.976 progressive DVD's, but could be hybrids.
When using the preview option in DVD2AVI WITHOUT the Forced FILM setting the statistics should say 'Film' or 'FILM xx%' 'Progressive', xx% should be at least 95%. Bear in mind this value may rise as you play the movie further.

If you don't see this then you can't use Forced FILM.

The best way then as I know is to use the IVTC filter, but this depends on your output.
If your DVD player is capable of playing MPEG1 movies at 23.976 fps smoothly then use the IVTC method otherwise stick to de-interlacing. If it's MPEG2 still use the IVTC method but add 3:2 pulldown to make the movie play at 29.97 fps.

All in all, this is a lot of faffing about and if you have a method using de-interlacing which works well then I would stick to it.

For more info regarding IVTC see here: http://www.doom9.org/mpg/tmpg-ivtc.htm

ASHY

NewtronX  2002-05-14 10:15:18 ( ID:0ysy.lkdema )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the help ASHY. :o) Take care ~NewtronX

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.