TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 566 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question SVCD is jerking a little marogo 3 2002-05-24 17:04:43
Request Custom Pattern automater for IVTC Rajesh 0 2002-05-21 18:30:59
Question SVCD plays a little Jerky marogo 2 2002-05-21 21:13:14
Question No sound when previewing Barry 1 2002-05-22 03:16:42
Question Sound /video resync. IT works for only the 1st try Shalamar 0 2002-05-21 16:14:01
Request Add Error recovery please!! NewtronX 1 2002-05-21 12:48:05
Question How to translate divx with ac3 sound to vcd ? K 2 2002-05-21 21:17:07
Question m phillips aussiemick 3 2002-05-22 02:52:07
Question Another Question Jeremy 2 2002-05-22 21:57:18
Question Can't use "Source range" option : Python 2 2002-05-21 16:07:54
Question Quicktime problems Enygma 2 2002-05-22 18:12:13
Question Cant convert video from AVI to MPEG 1 so that it can burn to VCD, I get error, PLEASE HELP Zhou_3 5 2002-05-24 17:26:31

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 566 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - SVCD is jerking a little No.21705
marogo  2002-05-21 19:30:15 ( ID:j/ia5tdl3v6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In addition of previous submit.

Its a Pal SVCD.

I burnt it with 2 times speed ran 8 diffrent encoding tests.
only one has significant reduction of stutters. that's the one discribed erlier.

The strange thing is when I encode A VCD it plays flawless.
even when burnt on higher speeds than 2x

But because of the better and sharper image quality I prefer SVCD.
but I keep getting the stutters. who can help me overcome this issue.

ps a use Nero 5.6 with creative cd-rw.

trekchess  2002-05-21 19:43:26 ( ID:tkn5khvwjnr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are using XP, depending on your capture device, not using openDL setting in VFAPI, will make every 4 frame repeat it self into every 5th frame, and thus give the stuttering.

willyiam  2002-05-22 14:31:11 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Because of the better and sharper image quality I prefer SVCD.
>but I keep getting the stutters.

Raise the Minium Bitrate to 650

marogo  2002-05-24 17:04:43 ( ID:j/ia5tdl3v6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've tried raising the bitrate.

min is set at 1800 almost double off 650.

Request - Custom Pattern automater for IVTC No.21704
Rajesh  2002-05-21 18:30:59 ( ID:xaagdma.afc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The inverse telecine feature is great. I get to manually set the pattern for the entire movie. The problem is that I have to execute it myself. If there was someway that I could create my own pattern and have the program carry it through the entire movie, that would be great. It would also be nice to save these custom patterns under a preset.

Question - SVCD plays a little Jerky No.21701
marogo  2002-05-21 17:46:54 ( ID:j/ia5tdl3v6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a small but an anoying problem.
I can create an MPEGII file with outstanding image quality en fine audio.
But when a play it back on my pc or on my stand alone DVD. It doesn't play
fluently it is a bit Jerky Not much but every 10 to 20 sec it holdsback
a little On some players only the image holds back On my player the image jerks
and my audio stops until the video continues This accentuate the the hold back of video. I've encoded first i thought it might have been the VBR audio source in my divx. (I've eleminated that by extracting the audio decode it en reencoded it witch a CBR encoder). Next I thought it could be a peak in the bitrate. I've encoded in a 2 pass VBR with a max bitrate 2520 a min 1900 an average of 2100 And the motion search precision at highest quality.
The GOP structure 2-I 3-P 2-B 1 header and detect scene change
Qauntize matrix al checked
The result is a perfect image quality but i cant get rid of the jerkiness
I've checked the bitrate it does not exceed 2600.

Can someone give me an idea to fix this or tell me what could infuens the smooth
playback of a stream.

I think it could be the negative overflow witch is shown in the log but i do not
know where I can influens that.

If can make it playback smooth without the little hops in the stream We are as close to DVD as i can get.

PLEASE HELP

trekchess  2002-05-21 19:46:59 ( ID:tkn5khvwjnr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I see this problem more and more, I believe that there is an error in the Direct Show engine, and the VFW engine.

Try the following:

When having set TMPGENc for encoding, choose File, Preview, and go a little into the clip. Then go forward 1 frame at a time, you will maybe see that every 4 frame is the same as every 5 frame, this cause the stuttering.

OpenDL does not have that problem, but divx, is as far as I know not supported by OpenDL

Minion  2002-05-21 21:13:14 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This problem most likely has to do with your dvd player, and the fact that when you shrink a image like when you put a "720 by 480" picture in a "480 by 480 or 352 by 240 space you notice the natural shakeing from the film a lot more...unless the shakeing is really bad then i wouldn"t atribute this to shrinking of the frames.....

Question - No sound when previewing No.21699
Barry  2002-05-21 16:32:46 ( ID:kqtsqgwdn4a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have made a movie using Pinnacle Studio 7 and have rendered it to a MPEG2 file format with [Audio set at 44100 hz]. The next lower audio setting is 32000 hz. I have also rendered the movie into two separate files [video stream and audio stream]. What I want to do is to tweak the Pinnacle made MPEG2 I have and author it onto a DVD. I have been successful with the video portion but no sound. Tmpeg gives a better picture quality then what Pinnacle alone can produce. I have taken the Pinnacle Mpeg2 file and loaded it into the main window of TMPEG. Tmpeg recognizes that there is video and audio in the same file as it is automatically loaded. When I preview I get no sound. I have demultiplexed this file and still no sound. I have taken the Audio File of the movie rendered by Pinnacle and converted it to a Wav file format and entered the Pinnacle Video only file and the Wav audio file into the main window of Tmpeg. Still no sound when I preview. I have taken the Tmpge demultiplexed audio file and converted to a wav file and loaded into TMPEG along with the Tmpeg demultiplexed video file. I still get no sound when previewing. Good picture No sound!!

Minion  2002-05-22 03:16:42 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

"Tmpgenc" will not make your "pinnacle" mpeg look any better.if you want a mpeg that looks better than your pinnacle mpeg you should encode the original avi file.you only get out what you put in so if the mpeg you put in don"t look good then the mpeg you get out won"t look good..But have you tried to encode the vidio and then encode the audio then listen to the audio to make sure it is there then "multiplex" them together..Another thing you can try is try an external audio encoder like "toolame" or "scmpx" and a frequency converter might help, these tools work with "tmpgenc" as external tools in the "enviromental settings"....

Question - Sound /video resync. IT works for only the 1st try No.21698
Shalamar  2002-05-21 16:14:01 ( ID:vpwmvpmiiaf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

everytime I go to edit a avi, and adjust the sound to sync correctly, it works the first time, but subsequent times it fails. Ideas? it is almost like it is cached, or it isn't clearing a buffer. thanks

Request - Add Error recovery please!! No.21696
NewtronX  2002-05-21 12:16:39 ( ID:blvxpewgwwm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As Minion stated on 05/21 (Tu.) 01:28 "It seems that your file has some errors in it and "tmpgenc" is chokeing on it, what you can try to do is instead of moveing the slider to the part of the movie that you want to encode to ,just type in the frame number ..this has worked for me,"
This is a real world problem I my self have ran into several times when TMPGenc runs into a bad section or error in the Video file your trying to encode it chocks and either stops or errors out closing TMPGenc.
I suggest TMPGenc should have the ability to recover from file errors and or have an option under Tools to repair a bad Video file possibly by cutting the bad frame out. By the way TMPGenc Rules !! So keep up the good job Hori ~NewtronX

ffast  2002-05-21 12:48:05 ( ID:rq73n1voqvj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is quite difficult to support because of same reason why pause/resume feature can not be supported so easily.

However, I am not asking you to stop requesting, but just wanted to let you know.

Question - How to translate divx with ac3 sound to vcd ? No.21693
K  2002-05-21 10:10:24 ( ID:.hy7wfji3wk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi ! I have a problem with a divx with AC3 sound.
I first tried to convert it with tmpeg but tmpeg didn t want to open the avi in sound source so I have extracted the audio with virtuadub to video.wav.
Then I have convert the avi video and the wav audio source to a mpeg vcd compatible but (I have the video without problems) there are errors in my final mpeg sound (like if some parts of the sound repeat a bit)
sorry for my bad english language
Thank you in advance !

K  2002-05-21 12:53:17 ( ID:.hy7wfji3wk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

oK I have find a way to convert AC3 Divx to vcd:
1- Extract the AC3 audio from AVI with "Virtuadub" (-> audio.wav)
2- rename your audio.wav to audio.ac3
3- Extract your audio.ac3 with "PX3sAC3->WAV" to audio_ok.wav
(http://www.dvd-digest.net/downloads/files/encode/px3conv_004.zip or http://www.dvd-digest.tv/downloads/files/encode/px3conv_004.zip)
4- Run TMPEnc with your AC3 Divx as video source and your audio_ok.wav as audio source
Now you have your mpeg video with a perfect sound !

Minion  2002-05-21 21:17:07 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is much easier get a program called "ac3 decode" you just load your file in and it makes a wav file out of your ac3 audio,"virtua dub" does not decode ac3 very well..

Question - m phillips No.21689
aussiemick  2002-05-21 08:26:38 ( ID:eyqqaxrv40a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I cannot remove motion lines out of tmpeg encoded video. I have played around with various settings, but still I cannot remove it from any parts of the video that move.I have tried highest quality motion but it is still there.In mpeg mode it is a blurr around the edge. Any clues. thanks

aussiemick  2002-05-21 10:56:51 ( ID:eyqqaxrv40a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

To make my original message a bit clearer.I experimented with various settings and nothing made the slightest difference. What I think I am getting is interlace lines.This happens wherever an movement occurs, transitions are marked by these 1mm thick lines that breakup the edge and the trasition looks like you are looking at it through bars.I do have the input and output interlaced.Wherever motion is detected this breakup occurs,eg. moving past a pole ,the pole breaks up into sections.The avi produced video that I use for the encoding is in perfect order.Sorry about the vagueness of my first message but I was not sure of how to describe what was happening.

Minion  2002-05-21 21:18:45 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There must be 2 dozzen de-interlace settings in "tmpgenc" im sure one of them will work.......

none101  2002-05-22 02:52:07 ( ID:wy.h0u1fvi. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

the original video was ripped at smaller bitrate than what you encoded it at try using the original. if unknown just take it down and reencode until you get the desired effect

Question - Another Question No.21686
Jeremy  2002-05-21 07:57:51 ( ID:mrhiosejanw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What capture software do you recomend?

Iv noticed the supplied program that came with my DC10+ cap card isnt gonna cut it. I think it can only capture in its own codec made by pinnacle. I did notice a section under make file which listed 12 others, example :Cinemac Codek by Radius, micrsoft RLE and H.261 and H.263 Mireo Video DV300. there were a others.

Iv been fooling around with Pinnacle Studio 7.13 but it wont let me capture more then 10 mins worth of video. I have like 14gigs free. Also the majore problem is it wants to capture around 27000 for high quality and 6500 for low quality. My max safe (and locked speed according to the program) is 6000 so I cant capture even low quality with it. Not sure why i have this problem. My read speed on the drive is like 25000 and my write speed was something like 13000. I would think a ATA-66 would run better. All cables are good and drivers are up to date.

btw Ashy thanks for the templates.

I just picked up Adobe Premier, will be playing with it later.

Minion  2002-05-22 03:24:08 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have adobe premier but it wont capture through a capture card it seems to only capture through a dv "firewire" card.I have been trying to get it to capture through my "hauppauge win tv" but no luck so if anyone knows the trick to get it to work let me know.....

Rob Wijs  2002-05-22 21:57:18 ( ID:jtbenlb3ygm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had the same problem with studio 7 (7.13.5). I could not change the capture rate (it was set at 27000 while the dc10+ hardware only handles 6000 as maximum). While I was playing with the capture settings I changed PAL to NTSC and then I could change the settings. Then I changed the setting to PAL again and I could set the datarate (with 6000 as a maximum). Now it captures fine.

With win95/98/me there are several programs then can capture with the dc10+:
aviedit (i like the best) avi_io, and premiere 6.

Under Win2000/XP you can only capture with studio 7.

Rob

Question - Can't use "Source range" option : No.21683
Python  2002-05-21 05:48:07 ( ID:x3/fon87r6f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPGEnc opens the file good. But then when I want to use the source range option it doesn't "scroll" up and down the movie frames .. it just gets stuck and I need to close the service. Why is this?

Minion  2002-05-21 07:28:26 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It seems that your file has some errors in it and "tmpgenc" is chokeing on it, what you can try to do is instead of moveing the slider to the part of the movie that you want to encode to ,just type in the frame number ..this has worked for me, .....

Python  2002-05-21 16:07:54 ( ID:x3/fon87r6f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'll give it a go :)

Question - Quicktime problems No.21680
Enygma  2002-05-21 04:01:31 ( ID:6xcywbnjwim )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the quicktime plugin, yet when i try to turn into an mpeg i get perfect quality, yet no audio, can anyone help me here ???

Thanks in advance

E!?!

Minion  2002-05-21 07:31:58 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

the audio in your mov file probably isn"t supported by "tmpgenc" you should extract the audio from your mov file and convert it to wav and put that file in to "tmpgenc" as your audio source...since I don"t do "mov" files i can"t tell you a tool that will extract the audio and convert it to wav but "db power amp" might do it..

NewtronX  2002-05-22 18:12:13 ( ID:0ysy.lkdema )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://www.highcriteria.com/
Total Recorder V3.4! (Get the Demo Email me if you have any questons ;o)..)Will record anything you can hear from your PC copy potection is even rendered useless!! Save the Audio out as WAV or MP3. I use it for stubborn WMV and MOV files. Do as Minion suggests seperate audio from the video then select those as sources to encode from!! ~NewtronX

Question - Cant convert video from AVI to MPEG 1 so that it can burn to VCD, I get error, PLEASE HELP No.21674
Zhou_3  2002-05-21 03:50:08 ( ID:qyigjopwqhc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to convert a video file that is in AVI format to MPEG 1 so that I can burn it to VCD. But every time I try to have TMPGEnc open it(the avi file) so that I can convert it I get an error saying "File "G: he name of file.avi" cannot open, or unsupported." By the way I am using TMPGEnc Plus Version 2.54.37.135, Core Version 1.87.133. Also I am using the VCD NTSC Film template to convert the file. If you need more information you can e-mail me at Zhou_3@msn.com. Thank you. Below is the information on the video file and my computer.

Size - 181mb

Width - 352 pixels
Height - 240 pixels

AUDIO
Duration - 1:10:19
Bit Rate - 56kbps
Audio format - MP3

VIDEO
Frame Rate - 14 frames/second
Data Rate - 44kbps

INFORMATION ON MY COMPUTER

Pentium III 1Ghz Proccessor
384mb of SD RAM
Windows XP Pro
All-In-Wonder 128 Pro video card w/32mb on board RAM
Sound Blaster Audigy MP3+ Sound Card
Sony SPRESSA CRX160E burner (12x/8x/32x)

Minion  2002-05-21 04:08:35 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

it is one of two things, you don"t have the right codec, or you need to raise your "direct show" plugin, to do this go to "options" the "enviromental settings" then to "vfapi plugins" here you raise your "direct show" plugin to "2" and lower every thing else to "0"....this should work...

Zhou_3  2002-05-21 07:14:33 ( ID:qyigjopwqhc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the advice Minion. My problem is solved.

diceman  2002-05-21 23:53:10 ( ID:bqwrxsewkk2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you also, I was having the same problem and that worked for me to...

mcarlo  2002-05-23 02:08:22 ( ID:/wmvgayoo9m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion,
I'm getting the same error as Zhou_3. I'd like to use your solution to this problem, however, when I try to change my vfapi plugin settings I am unable to do so. Is there a trick to this or am I just missing something here? What should I be doing? Thanks.

ernesto  2002-05-24 17:26:31 ( ID:ifyhorqf6q2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

mcarlo,
to change the priority you have to right click to the line to get a context menu

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.