TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 575 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Need Help W/ asftools... jasmine 2 2002-05-15 23:40:52
Question Poor Quality VCD output from AVI file delbert 4 2002-05-16 14:06:51
Question Illegal floating decimal error cachurris 1 2002-05-15 05:54:23
Question Zoolander Problem Firulais 1 2002-05-15 05:52:59
Bug report MPEG-2 problem Jayman 2 2002-05-15 02:53:52
Free talk Post Settings for clearity/quality in DIVX 4 codec here. :o) NewtronX 1 2002-05-15 00:42:29
Question mov ---->MPEG in TMPGEnc Wijjo 2 2002-05-15 09:34:45
Question Terrible quality single frame mpg2 Bryan Jones 2 2002-05-15 15:45:14
Question Titanic difficulty Don 2 2002-05-15 15:57:56
Question QC_VBR versus 2Pass VBR Followup... Joe 2 2002-05-14 18:36:39
Question index of scan line is out of range? john 0 2002-05-14 16:52:09
Question picture size svcd ed 1 2002-05-14 21:34:33

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 575 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Need Help W/ asftools... No.21317
jasmine  2002-05-15 09:25:57 ( ID:ynm/nz9tz1r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How come when I convert my asf files into avi the sound disappears? Can anyone help me??? Do I need some kind of codecs??? Help Plz...

Minion  2002-05-15 09:43:42 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This isn"t really the right forum for an "asf to avi" question but i will tell you how to get arround it,the sound probabbly is missing because the audio format is probabbly unsupported , what you have to do is extract the audio from your asf file, get "db power amp" it is a audio encoder that can extract audio from video files and much more ,but use this to extract the audio and convert it to wav format, and I suppose you are going to encode you asf/avi to mpeg? load your avi file in "tmpgenc" then load the extracted audio file in"tmpgenc" for the audio source..this should work....

ASHY  2002-05-15 23:40:52 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is it absolutely necessary to convert your ASF files to AVI?
TMPG should open these files without converting, as ASF files are already really AVI's which just have the ASF wrapper which is Microsofts proprietry AVI format.

Your audio problem is may be due to an unusual audio format in the ASF, but ASF files usually have wma audio.

You can extract the audio with Virtualdub to a WAV and use that as your audio source instead.

Or if you are just converting from ASF to true AVI then just use Virtualdub and use the direct stream copy option for your Video and Audio to create an AVI without the ASF wrapper.

You must use this version for the above:
http://sun.sj.net.cn:8080/souxin/software/Soft/Files/Editing/VirtualDub14c-asf.zip

ASHY

Question - Poor Quality VCD output from AVI file No.21312
delbert  2002-05-15 08:16:56 ( ID:294hlirfjqo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am creating a full quality AVI file from my Panasonic DV camcorder using
studio Dv version 7. The quality of this when played on the computer is fine,
but as soon as I try to create an mpeg-1 file for creating a VCD the image
becomes very 'blocky' and the quality is no where as good as I would expect
from VCD. Can anyone suggest the settings I need in TMPGEnc to overcome these
problems. I currently just use the default settings for a VCD?

Minion  2002-05-15 08:58:53 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t know what you mean by the quality you expect from vcd.Generally standard vcd is lower quality than vhs video tape and 1/5 to 1/10th the quality of dvd..but you are in luck because the quality is directly related to the bitrate, so you can do one of two things, do super-vcd or raise the bitrate of your vcd ,if you raise the bitrate of your vcd to about 1650kbs you will get about 60 minutes of video per cd, with much better quality than the standard template..and with super-vcd you will get about 40 minutes on a cd useing the standard svcd template...but beware cuz not all players will play non standard vcd"s but most will.......

ps:To raise the bitrate you will need to load the "unlock.mfc" template...

delbert  2002-05-15 10:26:19 ( ID:294hlirfjqo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks, for the reply, I will try increasing the bit-rate to improve the quality. Is the 'unlock.mfc' available as part of the standard package or
something I will need to download it?

Ideally, I would like to create SVCD's to get better quality but I don't believe my DVD player LG-3350E doesn't support them (only VCD's). Any recommendations on a decent DVD player that will play SVCD's?

laserfan  2002-05-15 18:09:01 ( ID:lcvorlzbcvh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just recently made two VCDs myself from an .avi source, though the ORIGINAL source material was Video8 (VHS quality) played through a Digital8 camcorder w/DV output. The first VCD I made using Pinnacle Express, and it was blurry such that it is difficult to watch. Since I had just discovered TMPGEnc, I decided to give IT a try, to compare the result, and the VCD I made using TMPGEnc (standard settings using the wizard) were radically better than PE, and very "watchable" though they still of course look like the home movies that they are.So "TMPGEnc is better than PE for making VCDs".

The other observation I made in this test was that my Sony DVD player did a much better job of decoding the VCD than did my other player, a Panasonic PalmTheater. The VCD was quite blocky on the Pana, despite that it has a tiny screen (LCD, what, 4 inches?) and the Sony was playing into a 41" rear projection set. The Pana PalmTheater must therefore have a weak MPEG1 decoder? Or the conversion to the LCD has problems?

TMPGEnc does a nice job w/VCDs so you should either use the Wizard, or look elsewhere in your system for the source of your blockiness.

Marcel  2002-05-16 14:06:51 ( ID:ky1em0spjdg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had the same problem when I started some time ago. I have a DVD player (Philips DV710) who can play CD/CDRW/VCD's. After using TMPGEncoder I now create XVCD's, this means higher bitrate and/or aspect ratio.
You have to set the output option to MPEG1-VCD(non standard) and convert with highest quality (obvious), CBR. Burn with Nero or Ulead software. This should work (even with background music and menues).
You can even raise the bitrate up to 2520 kbps.
Quality should improve a lot.
The unlock.mfc can be loaded by clicking the tab "load" (right corner below).

About SVCD's :
my player couldn't play SVCD's (according to Philips spec). After remote hack now even plays XSVCD's.
Check VCDHelp.com under tab Others/DVD players/Compatibility-list for players and locate your own player to check out what is possible.

Marcel

Question - Illegal floating decimal error No.21310
cachurris  2002-05-15 04:05:03 ( ID:im9b4wy3gar )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I get this error "Illegal floating decimal point calculation order". What can I do.

Minion  2002-05-15 05:54:23 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

look at the post below, but if you want to do it right get a dvd-rom and rip away......

Question - Zoolander Problem No.21308
Firulais  2002-05-15 03:48:00 ( ID:im9b4wy3gar )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I was converting Zoolander from avi (divx) to supervideo cd, an error message appears saying "Illegal floating decimal point calculation order". Now, what can I do?

Minion  2002-05-15 05:52:59 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I bet you downloaded the avi file of the net like "kaaza" or "grokster" or something like that...Downloaded avi files are notorius for being full of corrupted frames,and that is what your problem is,you file has corrupted sectors in it,and the only way to get around this error is to turn off your "cpu" optimizations.. to do this you first go to"enviromental settings" then to the "cpu" tab and uncheck the "SSE" box, then you go to "settings" then to "quantize matrix" and un-check the "use floating point DCT" this should solve your problem,accept you can get this error if you do anything with your computer while encodeing, so if you are encodeing don"t do anything with your computer till the encodeing is finished......

Bug report - MPEG-2 problem No.21305
Jayman  2002-05-15 01:39:32 ( ID:v2bpez9nbuk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Whenever i load an mpeg-2(SVCD) file in TMPGEnc the program crashes and askes me if i want to tell microsoft about it. Before i was able to load the same files and it would work fine. Can you help me fix that please?

ffast  2002-05-15 02:03:20 ( ID:rq73n1voqvj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The information you provided is not enough.

What kind of file are you trying to encode? How did you make it? Where did you get it? I do not think this is bug.

Minion  2002-05-15 02:53:52 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you useing "win xp" lots of poeple complain about compatability issues with "tmpgenc" and XP....but don"t know how to fix it....sory

Free talk - Post Settings for clearity/quality in DIVX 4 codec here. :o) No.21303
NewtronX  2002-05-15 00:19:16 ( ID:0ysy.lkdema )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Post your opinion of the best Settings for clearity/quality in DIVX 4 codec here or the bitrate you consider the most used by you for such endeavour. Thanks Tmpgenc Rules!!~NewtronX

Minion  2002-05-15 00:42:29 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The higher the bitrate the better I use divx4.12, 2 pass or 1 pass quality based 6000kbs 100% encodeing quality(can only be set with quality based)100% cpu useage ,de-interlace if applicable,max decodeing perameters, and It comes out allmost exactly like the original,and there is no such thing as overkill when it comes to quality.......

Question - mov ---->MPEG in TMPGEnc No.21300
Wijjo  2002-05-14 20:28:23 ( ID:plebgqc9bg. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How can I transform a MOV fike to a MPEG in TMPGEnc.
Or is this not possible

Minion  2002-05-14 21:27:38 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

you can encode "mov" movies but you need the "mov" plugin, I"m not sure were to get it cuz I don"t do "mov" films but i"m sure someone will post were you can get it.....

bill  2002-05-15 09:34:45 ( ID:ye1n/lryz4f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had the same problem - you can download the .mov quicktime reader from the following wesite.

www.vcdhelp.com

I think the file you need is QTReader.vfp

hth

Bill

Question - Terrible quality single frame mpg2 No.21297
Bryan Jones  2002-05-14 18:27:06 ( ID:syux1qgpa5j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm testing tmpgenc during the 30 day trial. First project I want to tackle is the creation of new setup screen for my dvd player.

I extracted the mpg2 files from firmware. Opened in tmpgenc and sequenced to bmp file.. looks great.

edited my bmp file using MSPAINT (very simple change, I'm testing). opened bmp file in tmpgenc and save to mpg2...

no matter WHAT settings I change, the resulting mpg2 file is extremely bad looking. Lots and lots of jpg-type compression loss. I should have enuf horsepower to do this, Win2k on a P4- 1.5 GHz...

what am I doing wrong?!

Minion  2002-05-15 03:21:43 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

maybe try to encode your "bmp" images to avi then try to encode them to mpeg,I have done simular stuff with "cool 3d" I make animated trailers for my svcd"s in "bmp" then convert them to avi then encode them to mpeg useing the cg/animation setting in "tmpgenc".Maybe this would work for you....

ASHY  2002-05-15 15:45:14 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you using a high enough bitrate for the conversion.
I have converted bitmaps to MPEG once or twice and they have come out perfectly.
So make sure you have a high enough bitrate set when converting.

Also what player do you have. I'm interested to know how you extracted the setup screen from the firmware and how you are able to change it.

ASHY

Question - Titanic difficulty No.21294
Don  2002-05-14 17:46:43 ( ID:oiqutcgiync )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

recently, I was working on Titanic...and I noticed that the audio track
disappears entirely in TmpgEnc! I used DVD2avi to produce the sound track, but when I go to encode in TmpgEnc, there is no audio.
However, when I use Dvd2avi on the VOB files 2 at a time, then encode in segments, the audio is fine.
Has anyone else noticed this with long movies?
cheers,
Don

Minion  2002-05-14 21:31:20 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sometimes audio problems like this can be solved by getting a different audio encoder like "toolame" or "scmpx" thes encoders work with "tmpgenc" as the "external tool" in the "enviromental settings".You can find these encoders on any search engine......

ASHY  2002-05-15 15:57:56 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you saying that there is no audio after encoding the movie with TMPG or are you saying the wav file that DVD2AVI creates has no audio.

If it's the former then I find this unusual.
A workaround would be to encode the audio separately with TMPG and then multiplex it with your movie.

ASHY

Question - QC_VBR versus 2Pass VBR Followup... No.21291
Joe  2002-05-14 16:55:29 ( ID:pbng02o.abc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks a bunch, ASHY for the suggestion/info on CQ as opposed to CQVBR or 2Pass. I hadn't tried CQ because I was under the impression that the CQ was more for when high quality was necessary and file size wasn't an issue.

Using CQ with quality set to 70 and max bitrate set to 5000, I was able to get results that were almost identical to the 2pass settings I mentioned earlier without the 18-hour encoding time. It wasn't even necessary to enable softening.

Loading the test file (of the same scene) in BitRate Viewer showed much more variation in the bitrate than CQ_VBR had given.

ASHY  2002-05-15 16:07:54 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just as I would have expected.
Like I said the 'CQ' setting gives much the same result as the 2 pass when viewing with Bitrate viewer and usually produces smaller file sizes and better quality than if you were to use the same settings in 'Automatic VBR'.

ASHY

Crady  Home )  2002-05-14 18:36:39 ( ID:fbgjhm1wxj2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry, I meant to say you "must" use Elementary streams -- no "Program" streams (i.e. video & audio within a single MPEG file) are allowed in ReelDVD.

Question - index of scan line is out of range? No.21290
john  2002-05-14 16:52:09 ( ID:wsd1q8xv5gh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

while trying to convert an avi file to mpeg , tmpeg gets so fasr through the process then comes up with this error , i have scanned the file for any nreadable sectors with vitual dub , and all seems fine , could anyone shed a little light on this for me please
thanx

Question - picture size svcd No.21288
ed  2002-05-14 16:23:23 ( ID:w4o5n98l51. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

just tried my 1st svcd, wasnt sure if dvd plays it, it did. picture went from top to bottom but only half way across. i had my aspect at 4:3 i must need to change something but not sure what. thanx

Minion  2002-05-14 21:34:33 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Make sure the "video arrange method" is set at "full screen (keep aspect ratio)" and your movie should look as close the the original size as possible...

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.