TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 576 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Audio problem using DV input Keping 4 2002-05-15 21:48:21
Question Computer freezes whil encoding AVI to MPG2 Adel 3 2002-05-15 23:21:46
Question What's the difference between 'Audio only' and 'System (Audio only)'? Anon 3 2002-05-15 23:28:29
Question Why is the Audio extracted in Mono, Dual Channel, J-Stereo and Stereo all the same size? Anon 4 2002-05-15 16:19:01
Question Computer freezes whil encoding AVI to MPG2 Adel 0 2002-05-14 15:58:00
Question motion search precision & quality iasca-man 0 2002-05-14 15:07:19
Question Audio/Video out of sync Georges heinesch 6 2002-05-18 11:23:38
Question Keep Same Letterbox version Jonahinthewhale 2 2002-05-15 16:56:39
Question Illegal Mpeg Audio Steam Jonahinthewhale 2 2002-05-15 17:06:39
Question Why dosn't TMPG encode the whole MPG Arkangel 2 2002-05-15 03:50:57
Question Encoding a DC30+-- Results black screen no video John Owens 1 2002-05-14 03:45:56
Free talk A possible solution to "buffer underflow" in multiplex!!!! Minion 7 2002-05-15 17:10:31

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 576 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Audio problem using DV input No.21283
Keping  2002-05-14 16:19:38 ( ID:z7f0prq61xn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have an audio problem when I transfer my video from my DV camcorder to my computer through the 1394 port and VideoWave software. Video is OK. Audio is not continuous. When I do the transfer, there is nothing I can do for audio setup. I checked the audio is 32 KHz, Stereo and 16 bits. I would appreciate it if anyone could give me help to solve the problem.

CHris  2002-05-14 16:44:34 ( ID:gispzp7xetl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi there,

If you use the wizard for this.........Don't!
You just go to the main window and click the LOAD-button.
There you have several files (.mcf).
If you choose one of those there will be no more problem.

Greetzzzz,

chris

Minion  2002-05-14 23:54:42 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you talking about transfering your dv movies to your computer? does this question have anything to do with "tmpgenc"?please be more clear....

Keping  2002-05-15 16:20:40 ( ID:z7f0prq61xn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Nothing related with tmpgenc program. I do talk about the transfer from DV camcorde to computer.

Minion  2002-05-15 21:48:21 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Then you are in the wrong forum........

Question - Computer freezes whil encoding AVI to MPG2 No.21279
Adel  2002-05-14 16:13:29 ( ID:0ailudbijua )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Everytime I try to rncode using version 2.54 Plus, the system hangs and have to reboot!

What could be the reason and how to avoid it?

Liam Gretton  2002-05-15 11:37:46 ( ID:ptfpjnycef6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

> Everytime I try to rncode using version 2.54 Plus, the system hangs and have > to reboot!

You haven't given much info. What OS are you using? Does the system hang at exactly the same time when you use TMPGEnc, or at some random point while encoding? Is it one particular file you're trying to encode that's causing the problem?

I had problems a couple of weeks ago with TMPGEnc 2.53 on my XP system. Ocassionally it would stiff the machine. In the end, I found that lowering the CPU clock speed sorted it out completely, now everything is very stable even with TMPGEnc chugging away in the background.

Liam

Adel  2002-05-15 12:53:13 ( ID:0ailudbijua )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks,
I am running WinXP on P4 1.7, 256 RDRAM. te problem is random at different times and with different avi files.
How do you lower the CPU speed?

ASHY  2002-05-15 23:21:46 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I happen to be running TMPG plus 2.54 on Win XP using a P4 1.7ghz processor overclocked at 1.9ghz and 256mb of RAM so I find it hard to believe it is your processor speed.

Does this happen with only 2.54 plus?
It could be you have a corrupt version of TMPG plus 2.54 if it only happens on this version.

What is your motherboard and have you tried updating it's drivers?

ASHY

Question - What's the difference between 'Audio only' and 'System (Audio only)'? No.21275
Anon  2002-05-14 16:03:56 ( ID:kfh2kqui2ia )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Also, the same for Video.

What are the differences?

ASHY  2002-05-15 16:15:27 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Basically 'Audio only' creates an audio file which contains only audio information which can be multiplexed with a video file.
Whereas 'System audio' basically creates an MPEG movie with only audio info contained and the required headers.

ASHY

Anon  2002-05-15 20:21:16 ( ID:kfh2kqui2ia )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So what kind of information will a the system (Audio) headers contain?

I don't know much about headers....thanks for the help.

ASHY  2002-05-15 23:28:29 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Basically to tell the player it's an MPEG movie without video, the bitrate, length, playing time.

Don't get confused though this won't make a compatible MPEG VCD movie which will play in a DVD player, VCD requires both Video and Audio.

ASHY

Question - Why is the Audio extracted in Mono, Dual Channel, J-Stereo and Stereo all the same size? No.21270
Anon  2002-05-14 16:01:52 ( ID:kfh2kqui2ia )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

From the main window I set the option to 'Audio Only' and then changed the sample rate to 64kbps. I created a batch list of four projects, each one differring in the Audio channels - one was in Mono, another in Dual Channel, J-Stereo and Stereo.

But the results were all the same size files.....why?

When played in Winamp only the Mono file sounded different, and that was only noticable when you listened caregully!

Thanks.

Minion  2002-05-14 23:52:02 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When encodeing 64kbs for audio is hardly enough to make a signal,and some dvd player won"t play audio with such a low bitrate,but the reason that they are the same size is cuz you used the same bitrate,just because the audio is sterio or mono or whatever doesn"t change the fact that the audio is the same bitrate in each instance,the bitrate is split to each chanell in sterio and the bitrate is all in one chanell with mono ,it isn"t say 64bks for each chanell ,it is that bitrate for the whole file.....

Anon  2002-05-15 13:34:31 ( ID:kfh2kqui2ia )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Oh I see......So 64kbps Stereo means 32kbps per channel, whereas in Mono it means 64kbps for 'both channels' (since they are the same).....correct?

I don't intend to play the files in a DVD player, I just wanted to reduce the file size on my comp since the sound qual was poor and it was encoded at 224kbps (hence wasting space).

Thanks for the response.

Anon  2002-05-15 13:39:40 ( ID:kfh2kqui2ia )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Also, your post would explain why only the Mono channel sounded different in WinAmp.

Thanks for the enlightenment.

ASHY  2002-05-15 16:19:01 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Good one Minion.
Exactly the way I would have put it.

Like you say 64kb/s is 64kb/s whichever way you encode.

ASHY

Question - Computer freezes whil encoding AVI to MPG2 No.21269
Adel  2002-05-14 15:58:00 ( ID:0ailudbijua )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Everytime I try to rncode using version 2.54 Plus, the system hangs and have to reboot!

What could be the reason and how to avoid it?

Question - motion search precision & quality No.21268
iasca-man  2002-05-14 15:07:19 ( ID:tk/ovgpb1.k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What's exactly the "motion search precision", does it change for the video quality, and can we change other options(bitrate,rate control mode...) to have a better quality for a VCD(to play with a DVD, not with a PC).
Thank you and excuse me for my english. ;-)

Question - Audio/Video out of sync No.21261
Georges heinesch  2002-05-14 11:58:40 ( ID:s2jtz1ncbs. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a DivX which I converted into 2 SVCDs. Unfortunately, the audio gets out of sync with the video. This only happens gradually. The beginning is fine.

The source DivX is in sync.

What goes wrong here?

Thanks!

Minion  2002-05-14 22:20:02 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There are a few reasons that this can happen,like encodeing to a different frame rate as the original avi file,or sometimes it seems to happen for no noticeable reason at all, but what you can do is de-multiplex your mpeg file onto two seperate audio and video streams and check the length of your audio file and compare it with the length of your video file, in most de-sync cases the audio is a little longer than your video, so you get a good audio editing program like "cool edit" and shrink (or stretch) your audio track til it is exactly the same length as your video track then "multiplex" them back together..this should fix your de-sync problem....

geohei  2002-05-15 06:49:39 ( ID:s2jtz1ncbs. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Indeed, the audio part is 1:48:08 long and the video 1:48:21. I got this by extracting the audio from the DivX (avi) file using VirtualDub.

You suggest to demux the mpeg. Since I have no mpeg available yet (just the original yvi format (DivX)), is it possible to extract the audio from this file (just like >I did already to find the length of the audio), to stretch it using CoolEdit, and then to use this as audio source with TMPGEnc?

Thnaks!

geohei  2002-05-15 06:54:22 ( ID:s2jtz1ncbs. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Another question I have ... VirtualDub says that there is a preload skew of 6000 samples (0.14s with 44100 Hz). I<does this mean that the audio in this source file only starts after the video part played already for 0.14 seconds?

TIA

Minion  2002-05-15 07:47:32 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Actualy I have no Idea what it means,I rarely ever use virtuadub,but you can use "cool edit" to shrink the audio file so that the audio and video is the same length, then load the audio and video in "tmpgenc"...but even if it does mean that the video plays for 0.14 of a second before the audio plays that is such a small amount if time it wouldn"t be noticeable,it is like 1/7th of a second....it should work for you, and if you don"t have "cool edit" you can download it on "kaaza"......

ASHY  2002-05-15 16:39:49 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Virtualdub is giving you that information because whoever created the AVI file has included the skew correction when they multiplexed the AVI with the audio probably because, as you say, it was out of sync.

If the AVI plays in perfect sync from beginning to end with the skew correction which the creator of the AVI has added then this is same thing that you should only need to do with the MPEG.

You can add this with TMPG directly when you encode, but is not advisable because it is difficult to know if it is right.

A better solution is to encode the audio separately and use BBMPEG to multiplex the video and audio together using it's A/V sync feature which allows you to set a delay to either the video or audio.

If virtualdub is correct and the original AVI is in sync then you only need to add a delay of 140 ms to the audio when multiplexing.

If the avi isn't in sync then the skew is either wrong or as Minion says it's due to the length, but in my experience even though the length is different it's usually the skew correction which you need to set not the length of the file.

ASHY

geohei  2002-05-18 11:23:38 ( ID:s2jtz1ncbs. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I didn't know that the "Preview Skew" was set manually by the person making the avi. Do I have to think of this skew as permanent offset? This would mean that the offset of 140ms remains constant through the entire movie. Is that correct?

I checked the avi creating the sync problems now more in detail. The movie starts fine (no offset or a minor offset [possibly the 0.14s]). Then, after about 3 minutes, I have all of a sudden 6 seconds (!) offset. The audio is ahead of the video. As mentioned already before, the DivX avi plays back fine with the Windows Media Player without any missing audio part. Once TMPGEnc encodes it to MPEG, the offset occurs! Also when extracting the audio portion of the avi to a wav file, the offset exists.

I gradually gained the impression (not sure !!!), the the audio part of the file is at that playe, where the offset occurs, somehow corrupt. However I wonder why the Windows Media Player manager to play back to DivX avi file properly.

Any further help would be greatly appreciated!

Question - Keep Same Letterbox version No.21258
Jonahinthewhale  2002-05-14 08:40:08 ( ID:7so6hrdzfda )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a divx file that I am trying to convert but no matter what options I a trying it doesn't give the the full original letterbox verion of the movie. I try keeping the aspect ratio. This works but it cut off a significant amount of the edges from the film. to put it simply, I want to convert the movie to look exactly the same way as a mpeg but I want to be able to put on a vcd. pleas help, thank you

Minion  2002-05-14 21:53:39 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That is impossible, you can"t fit a "720 by 480" film in a "352 by 240" area, that is why the sides are cut off, but if you use the "fullscreen(keep aspect ratio 2)" you should get the whole movie in the frame but the visible part of the movie will be very small, meaning that there will be lots of black on the top and bottom, actualy probably half of the screen will be black and this looks worse then haveing the screen cut off on the sides, you can get the whole movie in the frame but it will look like it it squished and things will look tall and skinny......

ASHY  2002-05-15 16:56:39 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First you need to know the aspect ratio of the original movie.
If it's 16:9 then all you have to do is simply choose the 16:9 display setting as the source aspect ratio and 4:3 as the output and make sure you use 'Full screen(keep aspect ratio)

If this still cuts off the sides then the movie is probably using an aspect ratio of 24:10 which is cinemascope.

TMPG doesn't support this directly, but you can adjust it your self by using the custom size setting.

Set up the template first then click Setting>advanced>clip frame. Double click clip frame then click 'arrange setting'
Under arrange method choose 'Center(custom size)' from the drop down box and adjust your movie accordingly.
Dont worry about the sizes it will still come out the correct frame size when you encode the movie.

ASHY

Question - Illegal Mpeg Audio Steam No.21255
Jonahinthewhale  2002-05-14 07:02:30 ( ID:7so6hrdzfda )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

While I am converting certain Divx files, it will reach a certain percitage and then abort telling me that there is an illegal mpeg audio stream. On on divx file I have it happens at 22% on a certain frame EVERY TIME! How can this be fixed

Minion  2002-05-14 21:56:07 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The error probably means what it says, the file could have a incompatible audio format, use "virtua dub" to extract the audio to wav and use that as your audio file, but if the audio is "ac3" you will need a "ac3 decoder".....

ASHY  2002-05-15 17:06:39 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is it VBR mp3.

If it is you need to extract it to a wav, but I think you will need to use 'Nandub' or 'Virtualdub mp3' to extract to a wav correctly or an audio editor such as Goldwave.

ASHY

Question - Why dosn't TMPG encode the whole MPG No.21252
Arkangel  2002-05-14 03:38:14 ( ID:k6mn8elwcmo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok. This is what alot of people have tried to figure out for a long time I'm sure. I have figured out how to burn a .WMV file to VCD, but am still haveing an issue. I changed the extention to .ASF and used TMPG to encode into MPG, so I can burn it with NERO to VCD. The first 2 CDS were fine, but the quality of the video I wasn't really hapy with, kinda VHS quality. That was using the TMPG wizard and leaving it as VGA 1:1. So, when I change it to NTSC 525 RES and encode it, it goes through the encodeing proccess which said it would take 19 hours to do for a 1GB flick, and check the turn the PC off when complete, the end file turns out butifull, but it only encoded 1/8 of the flick. Anyone have a solution?

Minion  2002-05-14 22:01:58 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

WMv doesn"t seem totaly compatible with "tmpgenc" I have had limited sucess but I have never been able to encode more that 15 minutes of a flick, but you can get "asf tools" to encode your "wmv" to "avi" and that should work.or give this a try load your "wmv" file in "tmpgenc" do all of your settings then go to file and save it to a project file.Then load the project file in to the "vfapi converter" and it will make a psudo avi that you can use in "tmpgenc" to encode to "mpeg"........

Arkangel  2002-05-15 03:50:57 ( ID:k6mn8elwcmo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks I'll try it...........

Question - Encoding a DC30+-- Results black screen no video No.21250
John Owens  2002-05-14 03:16:59 ( ID:mykvhqj3iwh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the Pinnacle DC30+ card and use AVI_IO from www.nct.ch/multimedia/avi_io to capture longer videos. Avi_io will span the avi to individual 2 gig files.

When I use TMPGEnc to encode the avi I get sound but no video. If I run the avi through Premiere 6.02 and save as a avi then run it through TMPEnc the it encodes perfect. BUT this extra step is very time consuming.

Thanks for your help. John@EastH.com

Minion  2002-05-14 03:45:56 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tmpgenc is only compatable with certain types of "dv".I think it is compatable with "open dml" and "video for windows"......

Free talk - A possible solution to "buffer underflow" in multiplex!!!! No.21242
Minion  2002-05-14 02:40:56 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Once in a while someone will post a problem about getting an "x# of packets caused buffer underflow my cause error when played" when multiplexing, and I get this error too when multiplexing..So I have been doing some experiments with some files that I know are fine.I took a mpeg2/svcd file that I had previously burnt to a cd and "de-multiplexed" it into a video and audio stream.
Then I "multiplexed" them back together with the "svcd(vbr)" setting, and sure enough I got a buffer underflow error in 265,343 packets.So I thought this can"t be right because I have allready burnt it to a cd and it works perfectly, so I burnt this file to a cd and when I played it on my dvd player and it shook side to side really badly..So I came to the conclution that "tmpgenc"s multiplexor" is causing the error..So I took the original file that I de-multiplexed and put it in the multiplexor and instead of putting it at the "mpeg2/svcd" setting I used the plain "mpeg2/vbr" setting to multiplex, and didn"t get the buffer underflow error,then I put the newly multiplexed mpeg2 file in "merge & cut" to put the svcd headers on the file, then used that file to burn and it worked perfectly like the original file I burned,so I took the file that I just burned and de-multiplexed it and then multiplexed it in "svcd" mode and came back with the "buffer underflow" error.So I think that there is a major bug in the "multiplex" option.So if you get this error while "multiplexing"you can probably get around the error by not choosing the "svcd or vcd" option in the "multiplex" just choosing the "mpeg1/mpeg2" option then put the headers on with the "merge & cut" feature and it might save you from haveing to encode the file again...It worked well for me so I hope someone can put this information to good use...and may the force be with you all.....

ASHY  2002-05-14 02:53:29 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Nice one Minion, good stuff, but I don't bother using TMPG very often now for multiplexing. I use BBMPEG which never gives me buffer underflow errors at all.

ASHY

Dennis  Home )  2002-05-14 09:30:34 ( ID:.uhbhxbi0ng )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ah I see, but BBMPG don't work for everyone, not for me.

It's unstable too and so on at lest on my K6-2 cpu.

Tmpgenc is stable on most operatingsystems.

ASHY  2002-05-14 11:45:12 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In what way does it not work on your system Dennis?
I have never had any problems with stability as far as miltiplexing is concerned.

ASHY

Anon  2002-05-14 12:26:38 ( ID:kfh2kqui2ia )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for that Minion, I will try and see if it works for me.

Just to be sure, when you said:

"So if you get this error while "multiplexing"you can probably get around the error by not choosing the "svcd or vcd" option in the "multiplex" just choosing the "mpeg1/mpeg2" option then ....."

by "mpeg1/mpeg2" did you mean the VBR settings? When I got those errors I was actually using the Automatic setting, not the SVCD/VCD.

Thanks

Minion  2002-05-14 22:05:25 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have only gotten the error when useing the "svcd/vcd option in "multiplex" so if you get the error when useing the mpeg2/vbr or mpeg1/vbr, then I don"t really have a solution for that ...sory

Minion  2002-05-15 01:19:34 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I would use bbmpeg for multiplexing too but I can"t figure out how to use it..I read the instructions that came with bbmpeg but the options they tell me to use don"t seem to be in the program......wierd

ASHY  2002-05-15 17:10:31 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Here are simple step by step instruction on using BBMPEG to mutiplex.
http://www.spawns.dk/svcd/bbmpeg.htm

ASHY

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.