TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 572 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Encoding an SVCD witha framerate of 23.976 IRCGOD 10 2002-05-18 11:48:48
Question Blank Video and no audio on output. Ernie Swallie 1 2002-05-17 03:12:23
Question Problems fixing Brightness and color problem Jules 3 2002-05-17 11:42:13
Question AVI PLAYS FINE, BUT AFTER CONVERSION TO MPG - NO AUDIO Ken Locke 7 2002-05-18 17:39:32
Question Conversion freezes at same Frame Willy 1 2002-05-17 02:17:36
Question delay in sound and picture nak1 1 2002-05-17 01:24:46
Question IPC source: there's nothing to serve? qtaro 2 2002-05-17 00:37:48
Question no picture nak1 1 2002-05-17 02:46:18
Question p3package.dll jes 3 2002-05-18 00:42:23
Question SMR - plays but i get no picture or sound xam 7 2002-05-17 20:29:50
Question Cut Size... Joe 2 2002-05-17 01:53:40
Question AC3 to mpg2, audio isn't recognised by TMPGEnc JJ 1 2002-05-16 22:22:50

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 572 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Encoding an SVCD witha framerate of 23.976 No.21445
IRCGOD  2002-05-17 03:28:48 ( ID:gfi/hc0dr.k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a divx film that has a framerate of 23.976 fps. I want to encode it using tmpegenc to a standard SVCD... but I do not want to do a framerate conversion... How would I encode it with the svcd ntscfim template? do I use the 3:2 pull down method? or do I have to convert the movie framerate? I am getting alot of mixed answers regarding this issue.. any insight would be appreciated

Minion  2002-05-17 03:50:28 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I"m pretty sure that you just load in your file and load the ntsc film template and encode,I think you use the 3:2 pulldown if you want to encode a 29.97fps to a 23.97fps,But don"t quote me on this.........

IRCGOD  2002-05-17 03:54:15 ( ID:gfi/hc0dr.k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I read in a reply by ASHY that SVCD is not compatible with ntscfilm framerate...but vcd is...but I don't want to lose the quality on it.... but that 3:2 or inverse telecine will tell the dvdplaer to play it with an internal telecine o the fly to 29.97 ... wondering how I accomplish this...or will burning it with ntscfim template just be fine? This is a strange issue.. almost ready to just use vcd...but don't want to lose quality

Minion  2002-05-17 05:24:46 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well if you think that doing vcd will solve your problems then do vcd,but I have encoded to 23.97 without problems,but if you want to do vcd with out looseing quality then make a xvcd,do a vcd with the bitrate up really high,I do these quite often and my dvd player playe them perfectly and "nero" won"t give you any errors,at 1650kbs you can get 60min on a cd,and about 40 min at 2500kbs..

ASHY  2002-05-17 10:47:16 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You seem to have got the wrong end of the stick.
I'll just clarify what I meant.

SVCD needs to be at a frame rate of 29.97 not 23.976 to be compatible with your player therefore you will need to add a 3:2 pulldown to your DiVX file, which is 23.976, when you encode.

To put it simply 3:2 Pulldown tells the player to add an extra 6 frames per second to the 23.976 to make the movie 29.97 fps.
This is all you have to do to make the movie run at the correct framerate.

To do this just load the SVCD(NTSC Film) template and the movie will have the 3:2 pulldown added.
Pulldown only works for MPEG2 and only on sources which are originally 23.976 fps and won't work for MPEG1 or VCD.

Seeing as you mentioned it,Inverse telecine does the opposite. It removes the 3:2 Pulldown to return the movie back to it's original 23.976 frame rate.

Hope this makes it clearer.

ASHY

IRCGOD  2002-05-17 22:17:34 ( ID:gfi/hc0dr.k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok sounds good...the only question now is do I have to manually check 3:2 pull down? or will it just do this automatically...my original framerate is 23.976... Thank you so much for your help on this issue.

IRCGOD  2002-05-17 22:26:39 ( ID:gfi/hc0dr.k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

one more thing...when I look at the video tab under settings... it says the encode mode is 3:2 pulldown and at the top it says the framerate is 23.976 (29.97 internally)...does this mean it will automatically encode into this? or does this mean I don't have to check 3:2 pulldown? or do I just do it no matter what if it 23,976 and I want to encode to svcd? I am confused...but that is apparent... lol...thanx again

ASHY  2002-05-18 00:37:47 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If your source is 23.976 and you want to encode to SVCD then simply choose the SVCD(NTSC FILM) template and the 3:2 pulldown will be automatically added and the frame rate will be changed to 23.976 (29.97 internally) which means you will end up with a movie which play in your DVD player at 29.97 fps.

All you need to worry about is setting the correct source aspect ratio for your movie.

ASHY

IRCGOD  2002-05-18 00:50:24 ( ID:gfi/hc0dr.k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok that is all I needed to know...on a side note ...when would I manually check the 3:2 pulldown in the advanced options?

ASHY  2002-05-18 11:46:19 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

To be honest I'm not quite sure what the functionality of this setting is.
It doesn't produce a true 3:2 pulldown it simply converts a 23.976 fps or 24 fps movie to a 29.97 fps or 30 fps de-interlaced movie which doesn't look very nice.

You would never really need to use this and can't think of a situation when you would.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-05-18 11:48:48 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Correction, I should have said a non-interlaced movie.
De-interlacing and non-interlace are 2 different things.

ASHY

Question - Blank Video and no audio on output. No.21443
Ernie Swallie  2002-05-17 03:01:36 ( ID:4sla1u6b5tc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am exporting a .avi from Premier using "Matrox MPEG-2 I-Frame V2" compressor. When I convet using TMPGEnc v2.54 it runs along but the video is black and no audio. And sure enough,upon playback the video and sound is both missing. I want to create NTSC Video CD's. What am I doing wrong? What settings can I change to test?
Thanks

Minion  2002-05-17 03:12:23 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It will work well of you export you files in uncompressed avi format,I don"t know anything about the matrox mpeg compressor but i know that uncompressed avi"s exported from Premier work well.......

Question - Problems fixing Brightness and color problem No.21439
Jules  2002-05-17 02:50:26 ( ID:sbezb30us6n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to encode a avi to svcd. The source is bright and I would like to sharpen or deepen the color as well. I tried playing with both color corrections in tmpgenc, it seemed to look fine on the preview but after encoding a bit I checked and there was too much purple. Should i be using tmpgenc to do this or maybe virtual dub...but I am new to the virtual dub program.

Another question..I encoded a movie that was 56 min and was able to use CQ max 3100 and min 1800, when I encoded the other half which was 60 min I had to use max 2000 and min 1400 to make it fit...I am wondering why I had to go down so much for the extra 4 min. I would like to know what a good bitrate program to use is ...I have downloaded some but I find they are not accurate at all...any suggestions?
I am using 80 min 700 mb CD-R.

thanks
Jules

Minion  2002-05-17 03:08:49 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

"tmpgenc" isn"t the program to use to enhance your images,once you get a good source file then "tmpgenc" will do a good job encodeing it to look like the avi you put in but it isn"t for makeing them look better than the source..useing "cq" and "vbr" It is mostly the minimum bitrate that needs to be adjusted most of the movie will be encoded at a bitrate closer to the minimum bitrate, the max bitrate is saved for the complex scenes and ones with high motion,I usualy put the minimum bitrate a couple hundred kbs lower than the average i want, and put the max bitrate really high, so for the complex scenes there is enough bitrate there to do make the movement look smooth.....

ASHY  2002-05-17 11:28:13 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You seem to have a lot of problems with this purple buisness Jules.
What are these movies? Angelpotion?

Anyway I don't see what's wrong in using TMPG's filters as most of them are pretty good.
What you need to do Jules is enable the 'Overlay' in TMPG as most players use your graphics card overlay to render the image.

To do this double click the 'custom colour correction' under the advanced tab and then tick the box which says 'overlay'
This will show you the image as it would appear when played in your player.
Now click the 'Add' button and this will add the 'RGB Brightness' control. We don't want this so click the box labeled 'Type' and choose 'Basic setting' from the drop down menu.

Now use these controls to change your movie (ensure the overlay remains checked while doing this).

To correct the purple problem use the RED and BLUE controls to return the picture to a normal colour.
When you encode the result should be the same on your player as you set it in TMPG.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-05-17 11:42:13 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Regarding your question about bitrate calculators.
I have used many bitrate calculators and some of them are either clunky and cumbersome to use or are downright inaccurate.

I have however found one which is easy to use and is absolutely spot on with it's calculations.
I have done quite a few tests with this software and it has always correctly calculated the final size of the movie and is the most accurate one I have found.

Download here: http://www.tomzavodny.cz/program/bitcalc/VideoCalc.zip

ASHY

Question - AVI PLAYS FINE, BUT AFTER CONVERSION TO MPG - NO AUDIO No.21431
Ken Locke  2002-05-17 02:32:45 ( ID:4krvoczibz. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The .avi movie plays fine in all my windows programs. After I use TMPGenc
to convert it to MPG the audio is absent.... Any Ideas??? HELP!!!

ALL RECENT CODECS ARE LOADED!

Thanks in advance...

Minion  2002-05-17 02:49:25 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There are quite a few reasons that this can happen,but they mostly come down to the audio in your avi file isn"t compatable with "tmpgenc",The audio could be "vbr" which tmpgenc doesn"t handle ,or a unsupported format like "ac3".You can extract the audio from your avi file to wav with "virtua dub" and encode that to mp2 then multiplex it with the video from your mpeg file after de-multiplexing it..but if the audio is "ac3" you need to convert the audio with an "ac3 decoder".....

Ken Locke  2002-05-17 22:51:31 ( ID:4krvoczibz. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

how do I tell what format it is encoded in??

Thanks

IRCGOD  2002-05-17 23:03:40 ( ID:gfi/hc0dr.k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

all I do is this.... open virtual dub and load the movie file....go to the audio tab and choose compression...choose no compression...PCM....then in the conversion tab I do not convert it...leave it alone ...then set it to full processing mode...then go to file and choose save wav...also go to file...file information...this will give you the framerate and the resolution....this is good to know which template to load...after your done saving the wav file...in tmpgenc load up the template that corresponds to the framerate found in virtualdub...then for the video and audio...use the avi file for the video source and use the newly created wav file as the audio source....there a re a few benifits by doing this...#1 the audio and video will be in sync(as long as the encode framerate chosen was the same as the source framerate)...#2 Will stop alot of unecessary errors that can come up from using avi for video and audio file...#3the file should encode a few hours faster... If I use the avi for video and audio it takes about 4 hours....if I extract and save the wav and use that for the audio source it drops down to about 1 1/2 hours... Happy encoding

ASHY  2002-05-18 01:03:21 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It isn't necessary to do the selecting no compression, full processing blah...blah...blah..bit as it doesn't have any affect on the outcome anyway when you choose the 'save wav' option.

Just simply choose 'save wav' and the wav will be extracted as a wav no matter what the settings are.

ASHY

IRCGOD  2002-05-18 04:23:12 ( ID:gfi/hc0dr.k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

actually ASHY this is not true.... If you leave it on direct stream processing it will save a wav...but in avi format leaving you with a file about 100-300meg...I have had terrible sync problems with these audio files... If you choose a mpeg or layer compression the wav will be saved with compression...which could possibly cause a loss in quality...the resulting wav files that have the best sound quality and always create perfectly synced movies are around 800-1000meg.... I find this is the only way to get it to work... on a side note...I sometimes have problems saving the wav file with virtual dub...the whole program crashes.... I found that magix music video maker generation 6 works awesome for saving the wav files... it is alot slower than virtual dub...due to loading the movie...but it resamples the file for excellent sound reproduction and can also be increased or decreased in volume for those that like to mess with this...along with a multitude of filters...but even a direct save will create a very good sound...

ASHY  2002-05-18 12:18:44 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I apologise you are absolutely right!
For some reason I was sure that it would only save as a wav and not with compression.
Has it always been like this with Virtualdub because I could have sworn blind that I had tried it once and it didn't work (but that was a long time ago when I was a complete amatuer)

Well you learn something new everday.
Thanks 4 the info.
Heres a tip for you.
TMPG is quite capable of extracting the audio from an AVI or MPEG file.
Simply load the file and click File>Output to file and choose wave file. You can also add compression if you wish.

ASHY

IRCGOD  2002-05-18 17:39:32 ( ID:gfi/hc0dr.k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

well ASHY I am not exactly sure....as long as I have been using virtual dub I have noticed this issue... I found the solution to my problem at www.vcdhelp.com that site is really nice....it has many tutorials...the problem is is that not one tutorial is 100% accurate, nor does each one explain all of the options.... I have found the best possible settings from reading totorial after tutorial and coming up with my own way of diong things... I reccomend reading every tutorial on that site and all the different ways of doing things... if your a halfway intelligent person...you will come to the same conclusion as I did...

Question - Conversion freezes at same Frame No.21429
Willy  2002-05-17 01:54:51 ( ID:uvd4ng23auc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Trying to convert AVI to Mpeg for a videao CD. Each try the picture freezes at the same frame and will go no further. I even tried waiting a while but it did not resume. Any suggestions?

Minion  2002-05-17 02:17:36 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does it happen with all files or just this one file?It"s probably just this file so the problem has to do with the file as opposed to tmpgenc,you should try to run it through "virtua dub" and scan for errors,and see if there are corrupted frames, but this won"t solve your problem,one thing you can try is to encode up to were it stops and then start encodeing agein at the frame or a few frames after after the error occors(virtua dub should tell you were the bad frames are but if not just encode after the error)and then you can join the parts together with the "merge & cut" feature.....

Question - delay in sound and picture No.21427
nak1  2002-05-17 00:21:45 ( ID:5p8v8soydeo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i put a mpeg-1 movie on a cd and played it on my dvd player and when i watch it there is a delay with the sound and picture when the person is talking the sound comes after there lips move.

is there a simple way of fixing this prob?

Minion  2002-05-17 01:24:46 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go to the "search" and type in "sync" and you will get a bunch of reasons why movies go out of sync and way to correct the problem.......

Question - IPC source: there's nothing to serve? No.21424
qtaro  2002-05-16 23:52:33 ( ID:rpqp.colyul )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi,

I used DVDx 1.8a and TMPGenc to real time encode DVD to MPG. It was working fine for a while. Today I upgrade TMPGenc from 253 to 254, run TMPGencVFP_install.bat. Then after i start DVDx encode, and run TMPGenc, it give me error messages when I try to select the avs source file:

IPO source: There's nothing to serve, Are audio/video server taken?

I even restart the machine and reinstall TMPGenc, still doesn't work.

what exactly does it mean? How do I fix it?
thanks.

qtaro  2002-05-16 23:56:07 ( ID:rpqp.colyul )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I even remove version 2.54 and reinstall 2.53, still the same problem. It used to work just fine.

qtaro  2002-05-17 00:37:48 ( ID:rpqp.colyul )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

never mind. i got it. I uncheck the "directshow multimedia file read" from environmental setting, then it works. no idea what it means though.

thanks anyway.

Question - no picture No.21422
nak1  2002-05-16 23:51:56 ( ID:5p8v8soydeo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i just converted an avi file to mpeg-1 when i played it i got sound but the picture did not move it stayed at the same picture at the start of the movie but the sound was still going but the pic was not moving.

Can u please tell me if i did anything wrong ?

Ernie Swallie  2002-05-17 02:46:18 ( ID:4sla1u6b5tc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am having the same problem. I upgraded to the latest (v2.4) and now it will just go along fine but the video is black on the monitor and the output.

Question - p3package.dll No.21418
jes  2002-05-16 23:28:53 ( ID:gvzp.ussib. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just started using Tmpegnc to convert my avi file, and when im trying to encode I get this error message "Can't load "P3Package.dll" Can someone tell me what it means and how to fix it.

Thanks

ASHY  2002-05-16 23:41:48 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Not again.
Goto search and type P3Package.dll

ASHY

chulo  2002-05-17 22:40:03 ( ID:bbmijeigbch )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ashy that doesnt solve the problem.....now that you located the file then what

ASHY  2002-05-18 00:42:23 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I meant search in the search bar at the top of this page not on your PC.

The question has been answered many times already and all your answers will be there when you do the search.

ASHY

Question - SMR - plays but i get no picture or sound No.21410
xam  2002-05-16 22:25:50 ( ID:ccaeqfwolcl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

downloaded some avi files with (smr) in their name, they run in Real and WinMP but not really, the progress bar progresses as though it were playing but i get no picture or sound. I did some digging and found out about smr code patch which i tried, nothing. tired changing the .avi to .smr still plays but no Pic or sound....any ideas as to how to get these to work? is there a setting I'm missing?

ASHY  2002-05-16 23:44:40 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do you mean in their name?
Have you actually installed the SMR codec before applying the patch?

ASHY

ASHY  2002-05-17 00:10:00 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

My advice is to install Divx 3.11 and then the SMR patch.
http://www.divxity.com/download/divx_311alpha.exe
http://www.divxity.com/download/smrpatchsetup.zip

ASHY

ASHY  2002-05-17 00:56:58 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok update. Just tried an smr on my winxp system using media player 8.
Doesn't work even with patch.
Solution: used media player 6.4 and played fine.

Down load and try this file. http://dshow.narod.ru/avi/nAVI-mp43.avi
(Right click, save as)
If it works you may need to fix your movie.
Check here: http://www.shadowrealm.info/faqs.html

ASHY

xam  2002-05-17 05:11:28 ( ID:ccaeqfwolcl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ack, but 6.4 wont install on 2000....tryed "MultiAVI Player.exe" a 6.4 emulator or shell (not shure how it works) but no happy...not broken, smr fix can't find 'index' to start....so maybey it is messed up?

xam  2002-05-17 05:26:14 ( ID:ccaeqfwolcl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i'm running 7 on 2000

ASHY  2002-05-17 12:33:38 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Did the other file work?
I maybe getting confused here with WinXP, but I could have sworn that media player 6.4 was in the same directory as media player 7.

Anyway if it isn't try another player such as WinDVD or BS player as these seem to work.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-05-17 20:29:50 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK just checked and media player comes as standard on windows 2000.
You should find it in Program files in the Media player folder and is called mplayer2.exe

ASHY

Question - Cut Size... No.21407
Joe  2002-05-16 22:16:53 ( ID:kccajnqiltm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After I've created my CQ VBR SVCD, what is the best way to decide where to cut it to fit it on my CDs? At the moment, I'm just using a trial-and-error method with the TMPGEnc Cut tool. I try cutting it at a point, see what size the resulting size is, and cut again making ajustments accordingly. Surely there is a better way! :)

ASHY  2002-05-16 22:48:55 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well I would have thought it was obvious.
Find out the total length of the file in minutes then half the time and using TMPG cut at that point.
It won't be bob on accurate but the split files should roughly be the same size give or take 15mb even though they are VBR.

ASHY

Joe  2002-05-17 01:53:40 ( ID:pbng02o.abc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hmm.. it was pretty obvious. I hadn't considered just dividing it in half, thirds, etc. I was thinking fill the first disc, fill the second disc, etc and then put what's left on the last disc.

Question - AC3 to mpg2, audio isn't recognised by TMPGEnc No.21405
JJ  2002-05-16 21:39:34 ( ID:gmba1v2y8rm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Please help, i have a DivX5.0 rip with ac3 audio, have followed the instructions on vcdhelp.com, but to no avail. Using Lame as external audio, but still no good. Have nemo codec installed. Please help.

ASHY  2002-05-16 22:22:50 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

See this article.
Question - audio error No.20276

ASHY

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.