TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 582 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question AVI to MPG2 - Jerky motion on panning shots [HP]Sauce 2 2002-05-16 19:51:43
Question DVD+RW/+R/CD Re-Writer Info is HERE ! Robert Filberth 0 2002-05-12 05:14:47
Question red blotches everywhere patty d 0 2002-05-12 02:49:35
Question MPG-2 Direct Show Problem during mpg codec problem Recyclez 1 2002-05-12 01:36:18
Question Converting DIVX Video to Mpg - Red Sections LeeRoy 0 2002-05-12 00:26:43
Question MPEG2 won't import into TMPGenc JamesF 2 2002-05-12 12:11:59
Question Can't Convert Divx Jonahinthewhale 4 2002-05-12 13:12:52
Question Stopping motion blur? Anon 2 2002-05-12 14:27:54
Question After converting, file is 3 times as big and no audio Agent 86 1 2002-05-12 00:09:40
Question MPEG1 results not playable by MS-Mediaplayer André 2 2002-05-12 10:48:36
Bug report DirectShow Problem Recyclez 1 2002-05-11 17:27:49
Question Differance between 2.x and 2.x plus Recyclez 1 2002-05-11 23:19:54

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 582 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - AVI to MPG2 - Jerky motion on panning shots No.21056
[HP]Sauce  2002-05-12 06:53:46 ( ID:ujv2ebjxawc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have encoded quite a few avi files now, but no matter which template I use or bitrate, panning/sweeping shots in the final mpg stutter slightly. Not too much, but enough to spoil viewing pleasure after a bit. It may well be that the whole film stutters, but i notice it most during panning. Any suggestions?

Minion  2002-05-12 17:41:17 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Most of my movies do the same thing at some point in the movie,and have tried every setting and many other encoders and come to the conclution that it is my dvd player because when i play them on my friends really expensive player they play excelently.......

jonkwilliams  Home )  2002-05-16 19:51:43 ( ID:hoq7xafvruf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

We are seeing similar stuttering in our MPEG-2 output, whether we play it in Elecard on our 1.8Ghz Dell or burn it to a Pioneer DVD-RW and play it in a very nice JVC DVD player. Has anyone else found and conquered this problem? Our original source file is a QT exported from a Mac-based Avid Media Composer, Meridien board set, using the Avid QT codec. The source material going into the Avid is NTSC Digibeta but the camera originals were shot on both 24fps film and 24P Hi-Def 16x9 video, so any thoughts on dealing with the 3:2 issue would also be appreciated.

Question - DVD+RW/+R/CD Re-Writer Info is HERE ! No.21055
Robert Filberth  2002-05-12 05:14:47 ( ID:k6hgy9s1hlj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPGEnc is very good. How does TMPGEnc do in DVD format, though, using the newly released DVD+RW/+R/CD rewriter (not the older +RWs, only)? How does TMPGEnc do DVD format:

* Video quality? Settings?
* Audio synch/quality? How best?
* Compatibility with DVD players? Tell us, please.
* Tips (DVD)? How best?
* Skip the TMPGEnc-step to AVI and encode directly to MPEG2-DVD?
* Encoding time? Modified encoding settings?
* Heat problems?
* Capacity (# of 35-minute movies on one 4.7gb disk?) How best?
* +RW vs +R? (a 5-pack of +R are now at $20, lower in the near future)
* Menu(s)? How best?
* Editing software, burning software... recommendations? How best?
* Other considerations, please.

Please post your TMPGEnc DVD info HERE. Thanks, for others to view and consider. Thank you.

Question - red blotches everywhere No.21054
patty d  2002-05-12 02:49:35 ( ID:h5m.4b515mg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok this is how it is, i have 2 computers , one fast one slow, both athlons. Now the slow one takes 15 hours to make a movie and the movie comes out perfect now the fast one on the other hand makes movies in 2 and ahalf hours but the movies come out with red blotches in the sceens. i do everything on the same computers , i encode them the same but i cant figure it out. i run the same version on both computers. i have a picture of it if theres some way i can upload it to someone who knows more about it id be happy to show them. Help would be greatly appreciated - Thanx in advance!

Question - MPG-2 Direct Show Problem during mpg codec problem No.21052
Recyclez  2002-05-12 01:12:35 ( ID:aax60q1fofk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I own a VDR recorder and if just recorded a SVCD. When i play it in PowerDVD is goes well. Now i want to cut off a bit from the start and the end.
When i try to load it into TmpGenc it came with the messagE
'Could not open this file with directshow'
I then loaded in to smple De-Multiplex and that worked fine.
Now i use the split source in simple multiplex and generated a new source.
I now get the message '2 s Packets cause buffer underflow'
The audio seems to be the problem.
Is there a utility that can scan for this kind of problems & fix it for me, cause i don't want de-multiplex & multiplex again every time i recordered with my VDR recorder.

grtx -=[Recyclez]=-

Minion  2002-05-12 01:36:18 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

if you only have 2 packets that cause buffer underflow that is ok it should play fine, that is only like a couple of seconds,by the way what is a vdr recorder?

Question - Converting DIVX Video to Mpg - Red Sections No.21051
LeeRoy  2002-05-12 00:26:43 ( ID:2i1nfyvgkfc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi All,

I new to converting Avi's to Mpg's so hopefully this will be easy for someone to answer.
I have converted a few DIX avi files into MPG and they have worked fine (after splitting the sound from the AVI first). However all of the MPG's start to change slightly red during any part of the film, it then reverts when the camera angle then changes. The redness is graduail and gets progressivly worse, and seems to be reset after each camera angle change. The source file has no traces of redness.

ANY IDEA ?????

Lee
:o)

Question - MPEG2 won't import into TMPGenc No.21048
JamesF  2002-05-11 22:45:12 ( ID:glg9w6e9yzo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
I am having a similar problem posted earlier however none of the solutions have worked. I too am trying to convert a certain 3 cd Pal mpeg2 to NTSC. I have been able to successfully open the smaller sample file and perform the conversion but the full CD file generates an error or hangs up TMPGEnc. I loaded stinky's codec and it seemed to work fine for the smaller file sample. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Minion  2002-05-11 23:21:12 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

have you tried de-multiplexing the file and loading in each file seperately?.....

ASHY  2002-05-12 12:11:59 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go to MPEGtools and using the 'simmple demultiplex' option load in your file.
Blank the audio section which will just leave your file in the 'Video' field
Click run and your movie will be extracted without the audio.

Now try and encode. When it's complete load your new movie into the 'Simple multiplex' option as the 'Video' and your old movie as the 'Audio' and choose the type as MPEG2 SVCD or MPEG1 VCD, depending on which your creating, then click run. Your new movie will then be combined with the sound from the old movie.

If you still can't load it into TMPG then make a d2v project file from the movie without the audio and load that into TMPG then follow the same instructions above to put the audio back into your movie.

ASHY

Question - Can't Convert Divx No.21043
Jonahinthewhale  2002-05-11 21:45:54 ( ID:7so6hrdzfda )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I had Windows XP I could convert Divx. Heck when I had Windows 98 I could convert Divx. Due to WinXP Problems I went to Win2000 and now it is telling me that it is unsupported. Before you ask, YES I have installed the newest version of the software and the Divx codex. I took the exact same Divx clip and tried converting it on Win 98 and it works but is too slow. please help me.

P.S. If anyone can help me with converting to Divx, Please email me (JonahEarl@hotmail.com) I have tried Virtual Dub and other programs but even though I have installed divx, it doesn't give me divx as a conpression option, Thanks

Andre  2002-05-11 22:43:50 ( ID:kjgfmt97eg6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This may not help you, but can give a hint.

I've still nearly the same problem under Win98. After reinstalling the system, TMPEGenc told me, that it was unsupported. After this I installed the newest versin of TMPEGenc, now the file seems to be supported, but after converting, its not playable in MS-mediaplayer and not cutable in TMPFGenc.

Maybe It's importent to install first the codecs and after this TMPGenc. VirtualDub recognises the new codecs pretty well, so there should be no difference. If VirtualDub hasn't the new Divx codec 5 recognized, there was something gone wrong with the registration of divx 5. Try to install the codec and then TMPGenc on another system, before you reinstall yours. And try to remember, which programs you installed, before it did'nt work anymore. This could be the reason for desaster on my sytem, although I didn't fix it yet.

Maybe it's only a question of the settings...

andre

Minion  2002-05-11 23:24:10 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you tried to raise your direct show filter?if not go to "options" to "enviromental settings" to "vfapi plugins" and raise your "direct show" to "2"...

ASHY  2002-05-12 13:10:20 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do you have the latest DirectX 8.1 installed.
You need this for DiVx 5.

If you have and you still can't see the codec try installing 4.12.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-05-12 13:12:52 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Another suggestion is to have the Divx 3.11 codec installed along with 4.12 or 5.

Divx 5 is not backwards compatible with 3.11 movies so you need to have both installed.

ASHY

Question - Stopping motion blur? No.21040
Anon  2002-05-11 19:45:22 ( ID:ld4aaq7ibaw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I convert a DV AVI to MPEG1, I get "motion blur" in fast scenes.
Someone suggested setting "Motion Precision Detection" to high, but
that didn't solve it. Someone else suggested deinterlacing, but which
option would I choose -- there's heaps of deinterlacing options. I am
encoding a PAL DV AVI to an NTSC MPEG1 file of 352x240 pixels. Thanks!

ASHY  2002-05-12 12:13:56 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do you mean real blur or a combing effect on fast moving verticals.

ASHY

Anon  2002-05-12 14:27:54 ( ID:ld4aaq7ibaw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Someone sent me the answer, which I'll reprint here:

Under advanced set the source to interlaced.
Under deinterlace set the checkmark.
double click on it, then select the even-odd field option.(field
adaptation).

Works great!

Question - After converting, file is 3 times as big and no audio No.21038
Agent 86  2002-05-11 19:03:19 ( ID:wvtpxnierrl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm trying to convert an AVI to VCD and after encoding the file it becomes 3 times as long with no audio. The last 2/3 of the movie show the last frame. I've converted avis before and never had this problem. I checked another movie that i converted and used the same settings. That movie encoded just fine. I'd appreciate any help on this.

Minion  2002-05-12 00:09:40 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

there seems to be some sort of glitch in your avi file,you can edit the last 2/3 of and strip the audio from your avi file and convert it to wav with "virtuadub" and encode the audio to mp2 and multi-plex then new audio file with your mpeg file you edited.......

Question - MPEG1 results not playable by MS-Mediaplayer No.21035
André  2002-05-11 17:43:35 ( ID:kjgfmt97eg6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I worked for a year fine with tmpgenc and Hauppauge WinTV radio (analog).

But a big problem occurs after installing a Hauppauge WinTV DVB digital card only for a few days. After this and reinstalling Win98 the mpg-output file isn't playable by ms-mediaplayer and not by 'tmpgenc/merge and cut' too.
I tried first the 'old' divx4 driver, than the new divx 5 driver. And I updated to the last version of tmpgenc. Whats wrong with my system? Does anyone have an idea?
(Input file allways Divx-compressed, output allways Mpeg-1 352x288 VBR, Pal 25 fps. This settings drop a 4 GB divx-movie to a 1 GB Mpeg-1 movie)

Minion  2002-05-11 23:40:50 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your problem could be that you are playing your mpegs in "media player" media player sucks for mpegs on my system I cant play mpegs with media player, they play upside down with no audio or won"t play at all.get dvd playing software like "powerdvd".try to get rid of the drivers from the win tv digital card cuz that is when your problems started..

Andre  2002-05-12 10:48:36 ( ID:kjgfmt97eg6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you for your help.
But the problem must be resolved, because I'm unable to cut and merge with TMPEGenc too.
I fogot to say, that I have the following results after converting, when I load the converted MPEG-1 file in 'Cut and Merge' and doubleclick on it. If the converted file is based on DivX4 I get the message, that the file is unsupported; if it is based on DivX5, it's loaded, but when I click for example on start playing, I've a black screen and no sound. When I stopp, then I can see one (the last?) frame. No cut or merge is possible. There must be a little wrong - maybe a setting in virtual dub, with wich I captured the source file in DivX.

Andre

Bug report - DirectShow Problem No.21033
Recyclez  2002-05-11 17:11:26 ( ID:aax60q1fofk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I made a Svcd file and it plays well. but the file is too large to fit on CD.
I want to try to cut it with the MPEG-Tools. when i push the edit button i get the message
'Could not open this file with Directshow' Detail: ́Eamp;#9632;
How can i over come this.

grtx -=[Recyclez]=-

Recyclez  2002-05-11 17:27:49 ( ID:aax60q1fofk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

already found it in another message, not by search

grtx -=[Recyclez]=-

Question - Differance between 2.x and 2.x plus No.21031
Recyclez  2002-05-11 17:04:12 ( ID:aax60q1fofk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm downloaded the program and tried it on my 98SE.
I liked it very much. Now i see on the internet that there are 2 differant versions, normal and plus. Which should i buy and what is the differance.

grtx -=[Recyclez]=-

Minion  2002-05-11 23:19:54 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can only buy the plus version the non plus version is for demo.......

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.