TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 222 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Request Converting Problems drin 1 2003-03-07 06:53:45
Question problems ceebornqueen 2 2003-03-07 07:37:25
Question Full Processing Mode Not Working kukm66 6 2003-03-09 20:00:37
Question Frustrating Problem Syy 2 2003-03-07 13:59:11
Question completely frustrated Nikki 2 2003-03-07 14:01:41
Question ASHY/Minion......Consumer Advice fess 6 2003-03-08 15:47:15
Question Dont know if it BUG report or im lamer itayzoro 3 2003-03-07 14:04:57
Question problem with sound and picture jonny 2 2003-03-07 16:16:57
Question What is an .01 file ? Dumb Question? Jody 1 2003-03-07 14:11:08
Question Avi to Mpg's Jim 14 2003-03-10 18:33:18
Question PC freezes while encoding mpeg2 Tom 0 2003-03-06 09:47:49
Question PC freezes while encoding mpeg2 Tom 4 2003-03-07 14:24:00

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 222 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Request - Converting Problems No.35224
drin  2003-03-07 06:13:03 ( ID:twhfk/z/uqf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been trying to convert an .avi file of mine to a .mpeg, but the end product always comes out extremely choppy. The picture on the converted file is made up of a lot of blocks and as I said very choppy. Does anyone know a remedy to my problem? Do I need to change the settings or anything else? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Minion  2003-03-07 06:53:45 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ususally when someone describes there Mpeg file as "Choppy" it means that they have Probably encoded to the wrong Frame Rate, Check the AVI file for it"s Frame rate and make sure that is the frame rate of the File to are encodeing to..But Blockyness is Usually due to a Low Bitrate and/or low Quality source files, this is Common with VCD"s cuz a Standard VCD"s Bitrate is Quite low..

Question - problems No.35221
ceebornqueen  2003-03-07 01:47:36 ( ID:.bksdto4nqo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It keeps saving the files as .mcf. files Am i supposed to have it on a certain setting to make sure that it saves as an .mpg file?

Minion  2003-03-07 06:48:50 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You are Deffinately New to this Cuz you seem to be Pretty Lost, MFC Files are Templates and if you are Makeing Templates instead of Mpegs than you are Going about this all wrong, and you need More help that I can give,Go to here:"http://www.dvdrhelp.com/" and you will find a few step By step guides on how to use Tmpgenc and there is lots of usefull info there ...good Luck..

Tomo  2003-03-07 07:37:25 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i used to have this problem a while ago when i was using the wizard
when u get to the final page of the wizard and u can change the output filename to wotever ur film is...ie...matrix cd1 in this box u will notice it gives u the file extenstion name...ie ".mpg"
when u rename it matrix cd1 u are changing the ".mpg" file extenstion so by default it uses the tmpg template extenstion hence ".mcf"
so on the last page of wizard instead of changing filename straight away....click browse then change filename from there....then encode

Question - Full Processing Mode Not Working No.35214
kukm66  2003-03-07 00:10:08 ( ID:iurdrqhdypg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to demux an XVID .avi with the following ID in GSpot:

Audio: 0x0055(MP3) ID'd as MPEG-1 Layer 3

I highlighted NO compression in Virtual Dub, Full processing mode but could not
get the extraction to .wav accomplished. Virtual Dub shuts the window down without extracting the .wav file. Anyone got any ideas as to why?

Tomo  2003-03-07 00:30:46 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i sometimes get this an have to extract the wav with a proggie called "avimux"
run avi mux then set the preroll to 100 and interleave to 100 then set output name
finally press go....hope this helps

Ashy  2003-03-07 13:56:31 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use AVImux.

>set the preroll to 100 and interleave to 100 then set output name

This isn't necessary with mp3 audio only in certain cases with Ac3.

ASHY

kukm66  2003-03-07 22:43:15 ( ID:iurdrqhdypg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Where can I get AVIMux??? I found a GUI version but cannot figure out how to do this. Do I need to decompress the .wav file?

Ashy  2003-03-08 15:18:58 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You got the wrong one. You need this one then search this board for info how to use it. http://www.divx-digest.com/software/avimux.html

ASHY

Minion  2003-03-08 20:35:45 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The GUI Version Works Just Fine also, This is the Version that I usually use...

Ashy  2003-03-09 20:00:37 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>The GUI Version Works Just Fine also, This is the Version that I usually use...

How? The GUI version doesn't work. It has no option to extract to wav.

ASHY

Question - Frustrating Problem No.35211
Syy  2003-03-07 00:03:42 ( ID:a7zfkgyu3.c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I'm using TMPGEnc to convert d2v to mpeg, I keep getting the same error message when the convertion is about 30% complete. I tried unistalling and installing the program over and over but nothing solves the problem.
This is the message I get: "Read error occured at address 01AA6B07 of module 'DVD2AVI.VFP' with 0277D710".
Does anyone knows why this happens?

Ashy  2003-03-07 13:59:05 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try raising the priority of the d2v reader on the VFAPI plugins. If that doesn't help itould be a problem in either the D2v or the VOBs themselves. creat another d2v, if you get the same problem re-rip the VOBs.

ASHY

Ashy  2003-03-07 13:59:11 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try raising the priority of the d2v reader on the VFAPI plugins. If that doesn't help it could be a problem in either the D2v or the VOBs themselves. creat another d2v, if you get the same problem re-rip the VOBs.

ASHY

Question - completely frustrated No.35208
Nikki  2003-03-06 23:52:56 ( ID:hersqaxgqto )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Maybe someone can help me.... For some reason Tmgenc will not let me use a separate .WAV file for my audio source when attempting to convert an .AVI file to .MPEG. I have done it several times before without any problems. I have tried several different .AVI files, all with the same problem. When I put in the video source and then try to use a separate audio source everything freezes up and I end up having to turn the computer completely off. I have not attempted to just convert using the same audio source as video, I prefer to extract the audio into a .WAV file and use the 2 files. (Seem to have less audio synch problems that way) I would like to continue to use that method. I have uninstalled TMPGenc and reinstalled twice with no luck. I have updated my virus definitions and ran a full virus scan, nothing. Sometimes it just freezes and a couple of times I actually received an error message that read as follows:
"Read error occurred at address BFF6A285 of module KERNEL32.DLL with 007DFFC0"

I am running Windows ME.

I hope someone can help and thanks in advance!

Tomo  2003-03-07 07:45:29 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

sounds like a recent change on ur system to me...not tmpg
try downloading a program called "spybot" an run that
might solve it but not guaranteed

Ashy  2003-03-07 14:01:41 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try raising the priority of the WAV reader in the VFAPI plugins.

ASHY

Question - ASHY/Minion......Consumer Advice No.35201
fess  2003-03-06 22:57:25 ( ID:1kl8t4ktd1r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello everyone,

My osprey capture card- http://www.viewcast.com/products/osprey/osprey220.html arrived and I installed and captured with Virtual Dub, it works great.

I have followed the process of capturing via www.lukesvideo.com and it was very precise because he knew that capturing from composite cable/VHS tape will make a very poor movie. The filter settings cleaned it up very well. Then I encoded with TMPGEnc.

I don't want to have to go through filter hell everytime I caputre, so I am thinking of purchasing a

S-Video cable: http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-BqAaOGaSYUh/ProdGroup.asp?c=9&s=0&cc=01&g=23112

and a

VCR with S-Video output connector: http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-GOuGLLqrxen/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=6&g=56000&I=257HRS2901&o=m&a=0&cc=01

I have a S-Video cable that came with dazzle, but I see other S-Video cables selling with ( multi-strand copper center conductors, double shielding with braid and foil, precision-machined connectors with molded 24k gold-plated contacts etc.). Does all that substantually improve the signal as oppose to composite cable? Will it be a worthy purchase....

Any consumer advice would be appreciated.

Regards
Fess

Minion  2003-03-07 06:34:49 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well S-Video has Much cleaner Signal so you should get Some Improved Quality from that..Right now all I have to capture is a Cheap BT878 Card and I used to use these Cheap RCA Cables that were Like 20 years old to capture and it Just looked really Bad and I allmost gave up on it But then I got some Gold plated double insulated RCA Cables that cost $30 for 3 feet and the Signal Quality Greatly Increased and My Captures were Much better ,Now I got an ATI AIW Raedeon 8500DV that will be here Next week so I can"t wait to see how well My captures Improove, So I would say That The Quality of the Cables you use while captureing are Very important to the Quality of a Capture..

Ashy  2003-03-07 13:49:43 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I agree about the cables. I have a lot of Hi Fi and Video equipment worth thousands and the cables I use with it cost more than some of the regular Hi Fi equipment you can buy in High street shops. For instance my speaker cable is $10 per metre and makes a noticible difference compared to the standard supplied rubbish.

Quality cables definitely do make a difference to sound and vision. Remember the cable is the connection between the output and the input and no matter how good the source or the recieving equipment is, if the connection between the two is bad then quality is going to be degraded.

People often don't realise how important the cable is. Cables such as scart leads aren't all made equal. High quality Scarts make colors more vibrant, pictures are sharper and less noisy.
Cables supplied in the box with equipment are very rarely of any decent quality. What's the point of buying a high quality piece of equpiment and suppling crap cables. I'd rather the cables weren't supplied and this was then reflected in the price of the equipment, so I could then go and buy my own.

ASHY

fess  2003-03-07 16:27:27 ( ID:9yabzucn8kn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ashy & Minion,

Thank you for your input and advice. I will improve my capture session by purchasing the S-Video cable & VCR.

Regards
Fess

wcpaul  2003-03-08 02:12:44 ( ID:q7gr550x3gw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

S-Video cables and an SVHS VCR will probably NOT help unless the source is component (SVHS or Hi8). In fact it could be worst, depending on the VCR.

You need to decide where is the best place to decode the composite signal. A decent capture card should have a better comb filter than most SVHS VCRs since those VCRs are really intended for playing component tapes. Data-Video TBCs also have an excellent comb filter.

Many SVHS VCRs today put a lot of really crappy and unresponsive digital processing in the chain (JVC). Mitsubishi's hard to find models give the best result but I still use composite output through a TBC when capturing from VHS.

The most critical item to sucessful capture is an outboard color corrector (Sima, etc.) In concert with the VirtualDub histogram display this lets you prevent clipping and also allows settings to be tweaked DURING a capture.

As for cabling, composite video over 75 ohm cable is a studio quality format even for long distances assuming a decent level of connector/wire quality. At 6 ft or less, almost any cable has no loss.

Minion, congrats on the 8500DV. Captures should come out perfect and the tuner is awesome, especially with a clean cable signal. Be sure to try 15Mbs Mpeg capture as an aquisition format for long captures.

Ashy  2003-03-08 15:44:32 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>At 6 ft or less, almost any cable has no loss.

You gotta be joking. I know this NOT to be true. Ordinary cable has high resistence and high inductance which can dramatically reduce high frequency signal loss.
It's not just the loss which is a factor, but factors such as noise induction and magnectic influences from other sources. High quality cables also have lower capacitance than ordinary cables to ensure good clean color reproduction.
All in all a good quality shielded cable will mantain the quality of a signal.

I have tested many cables in my time with my equipment and I know for a fact cheap cables DO NOT cut it at any length no matter how short.
Most of my cables are less than a 2 metres long and even at this length they DO make a difference. I don't pay $100 for a pair of cables for nothing.

The cable is an important factor in any any equipment so why compromise a good clean signal by transfering it over cheap quality crap.

ASHY

Ashy  2003-03-08 15:47:15 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>You gotta be joking. I know this NOT to be true. Ordinary cable has high resistence and high inductance which can dramatically reduce high frequency signal loss.

This should read:
You gotta be joking. I know this NOT to be true. Ordinary cable has high resistence and high inductance which can dramatically increase high frequency signal loss.

Question - Dont know if it BUG report or im lamer No.35197
itayzoro  2003-03-06 20:04:34 ( ID:ctw.bjythqo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i got the Your program that evry1 say its the "best" so i use : p4 2.4 512 ddr
asus board so.. when i use your TMPG like the Wizad syle i use : es/system
after along time of Rendering the End Is NO SOUND AT ALL not in the mpeg and not in the wav. I capture from Dazzle and on there prog its work and all off the prog. i use ? SO WHY IN THIS WORLD THERE IS NO SOUND AFTER I FINISH RENDERING !!!! i got the last ver and no other ver i use its work and i took
MPEG-2 and want 2 Encode its bitrate from 4000 to 2000

plz if u say your prog can do the audio just say so i dont spent any money on it

Minion  2003-03-07 06:36:34 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What Format are you captureing to With your Dazzle set up???

Tomo  2003-03-07 07:49:10 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok...tmpg doesnt do certain types of audio
just extract the audio to wav with virtualdub...use full processing mode in audio setting
then insert audio an video seperatly in tmpg

Ashy  2003-03-07 14:04:57 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you making sure the audio field is filled when loading your file?
If not this is your problem and you may have to extract the audio to a wav file first.

ASHY

Question - problem with sound and picture No.35194
jonny  2003-03-06 17:38:10 ( ID:zyvil8nfafr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi all hope someone can help me on this one,when i have a avi file and encode it through tmpgenc.the sounds gone out of sync and towards the end of the film it keeps freezing.im using nimo codecs and ulead to put the mpeg on a vcd. thankyou for any replys

Tomo  2003-03-07 07:53:46 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

u dont say wot source file is....probally xvid
close wizard....go to option/enviromental settings/vfapi plugins
find direct show...right click on it an pick higher priority
keep doin this till it raises it to 2
then encode....but do not u wizard at this point or it will bypass direct show

jonny  2003-03-07 16:16:57 ( ID:zyvil8nfafr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanks for your help i will try that its normally avi and xvid what does it but i will try what u said

Question - What is an .01 file ? Dumb Question? No.35192
Jody  2003-03-06 14:34:31 ( ID:mk8pw3dua56 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi
During my troubles encoding (now sorted) I finished encoding from .avi to .mpg (or so I thought)but ended up with an .01 file I know this is listed a WinPhone book file and realise it was because I didn't set output file correctly, but what use is an .01 or even .02 ?
Info appreciated
Jo

Ashy  2003-03-07 14:11:08 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPG doesn't create files with these extensions. These extensions don't relate to anything and I don't really know how you have ended up with them unless you specifically gave the file these extensions.
Just rename the files to .MPG

ASHY

Question - Avi to Mpg's No.35177
Jim  2003-03-06 12:38:43 ( ID:m9uvrjlxmmk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a ? for you guys. I am trying to convert avi's to mpeg's and I get an error message that says unsupported format. WHen I set direct show Multimedia file reader to 1 or 2 i get the send error report to microsoft. THen I tried opening it in media player and it says codecs error. I have divx 5.03 installed. How do you know if the codes stuff is installed. Really would like this to work. Thanks for the help.

Minion  2003-03-06 19:16:21 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Every File has a Codec to decode it so you have to find out what codec the AVI file was encoded with then install that codec..But if this File is one you downloaded off the Net and have never been able to watch it cuz you keep getting an error then there Might be something wrong with the avi file..This is Very common with Downloaded files..But first find out what codec it was encoded to and install that Codec......

Jim  2003-03-06 21:15:31 ( ID:m9uvrjlxmmk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do you determine which codec it uses?

Tomo  2003-03-07 00:45:39 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

look for a little proggie called "avi info"

Minion  2003-03-07 06:20:54 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Usually with AVI Files you can Just right click on the File and go to "Properties" and it will say what the audio and video formats are..

Tomo  2003-03-07 07:57:01 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

probally an xvid codec anyway...loads films being done in this codec now so try looking for an xvid codec an install that

Ashy  2003-03-07 14:14:56 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just install FFDSHOW this covers most AVI codecs and is usually a better decoder than the actual codec them selves.
http://cutka.szm.sk/index.html

ASHY

Jim  2003-03-07 18:20:37 ( ID:rsutvef/elh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Mishy,

Ok I am a newbie at this so please bear with me. If I use the FFDshow do I need to use the PMPGEnc to or will that program do the conversion. I am new to the codecs stuff and very unsure. When I first started doing this it went great. I thought no problem. Then I got a wakeup call. Thanks to all for the help

Jim  2003-03-07 18:22:58 ( ID:rsutvef/elh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OOPS sorry meant Ashy. I have another ? on another board and her name was Mishy. sorry for the incorrectness

Ashy  2003-03-07 19:31:18 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

FFDSHOW will just allow you to open the file in TMPG and play it in mediaplayer. Still use TMPG to do the conversion.

ASHY

Jim  2003-03-07 21:07:53 ( ID:rsutvef/elh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ashy,

So then when you open FFDshow does it open the file and then open the TMPGEnc program or do you open them together. Just want to be sure how to to this so I do it right and dont have to write for any more help. LOL

Ashy  2003-03-08 15:53:46 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok look, I'll expalin.

To open any media file such as an AVI in software such TMPG there has to a codec installed for that type of file.

The software uses the codec to decode the media file. Without it the file would cause an error. Once the codec is installed the software will automatically use whichever codec it needs to open the file. You DONT have to select it your self.

FFDSHOW is a codec. Once installed TMPG will use it automatically. All you have to do is load your AVI into TMPG and thats it. OK?

ASHY

Jim  2003-03-09 13:53:08 ( ID:m9uvrjlxmmk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ashy,

I got it. Thank you so much for the help. You have been great. It actually works. LOL Thanks again.

Jim

Mike  2003-03-10 02:18:59 ( ID:stq0vetfdvj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK, I downloaded FFDSHOW, now what's to install? Put it in the same folder as TMPG? All of a sudden I'm getting errors when I attempt to load avi's and start the conversion. The program crashes and shuts down.

Thanks

Ashy  2003-03-10 18:33:18 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do you mean you put it in the same folder as TMPG?
Why?
Just run the .exe file and it will install itself.

ASHY

Question - PC freezes while encoding mpeg2 No.35176
Tom  2003-03-06 09:47:49 ( ID:qtu4puq.di6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

By the way: Do you have any idea why my PC almost every time I encode into mpeg2 with tmpegenc freezes at some point during the process (to encode 1 hour of avi takes me roughly 8-12 hours normally). My operating system is win 2000.

Before I used to encode directly from the DVD burning programm which came with the DVD burner. The quality of mpeg2s was shit, but at least the computer did not freeze during the process.
Tx,
Tom

Question - PC freezes while encoding mpeg2 No.35171
Tom  2003-03-06 09:38:46 ( ID:qtu4puq.di6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

By the way: Do you have any idea why my PC almost every time I encode into mpeg2 with tmpegenc freezes at some point during the process (to encode 1 hour of avi takes me roughly 8-12 hours normally). My operating system is win 2000.

Before I used to encode directly from the DVD burning programm which came with the DVD burner. The quality of mpeg2s was shit, but at least the computer did not freeze during the process.
Tx,
Tom

matt  2003-03-06 10:01:17 ( ID:hztmmyhjehm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thats annoying, maybe you don't have enough RAM to cope with the operation.

Encoding a 1 hour avi would take me less than 2 hours, it shouldn't take anymore than 3 hours, and should definetely not take 8 hours.

Find your answer at: http://www.dvdrhelp.com

Jody  2003-03-06 14:50:40 ( ID:mk8pw3dua56 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tom
I sit here on my rattling old 550mhz 9GB 128RAM W98SE and it can take me 12 hours overnight to encode an hours worth of .avi to mpg :(
Even then I have to close everything running in the background and leave it untouched while it plods through process.
Jo

Minion  2003-03-06 19:12:56 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Usually if you get an error at the same spot in the File the Problem has to do with an error in the File you are encodeing...

Ashy  2003-03-07 14:24:00 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Matt, the speed of encoding depends on your system and encoding in a couple of hours takes a fast system.

A P3 500 would take about 10 hours or more to encode a movie whereas a P4 1.7 takes about 2 hours.

Tom, you may just need to increase the priority of relative plugin in the VFAPI plugins. Increase the priority of the directshow reader to '2' and install FFDSHOW. http://cutka.szm.sk/index.html

ASHY

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.