TMPGEnc Authoring Works 5 BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc Authoring Works 5 BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 19 / 26 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Request NVENC hardware Thun77 3 2013-06-25 19:23:06
Question Importing many TS files halfpipe 1 2012-12-18 14:17:21
Request Windows 8 Tim Harrison 4 2013-01-03 00:12:47
Question Multiple Errors Dave 2 2012-12-14 22:53:41
Question Why does the rendering take forever now Rob 5 2013-01-03 22:21:47
Question codec ovo 1 2012-11-22 11:19:58
Question Compatibility (BD 3D, DTS-HD) alk3997 3 2012-11-16 15:04:21
Question MOTION PAGE DHARDJONO 5 2012-11-08 07:00:34
Question Dolby Input Problems bulletwar 0 2012-10-24 04:57:14
Question Error Code during output vvfilms 0 2012-10-20 13:31:59
Question Audio files in the Trial version simulator Susan the Newbie 2 2012-10-19 02:03:19
Request authoring works 5 nvidia drivers john estcourt 2 2012-10-27 02:22:21

TMPGEnc Authoring Works 5 BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 19 / 26 ]   Next > >>
Request - NVENC hardware No.67090
Thun77  2012-12-10 09:23:06 ( ID:tzkiqcq/bqj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are there any plans to add support for nvidia's new NVENC hardware like whats in gtx 680

Thun77  2012-12-10 09:26:51 ( ID:tzkiqcq/bqj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

NVENC

All Kepler GPUs also incorporate a new hardware-based H.264 video encoder, NVENC.

Prior to the introduction of Kepler, video encoding on previous GeForce products was handled by encode software running on the GPU’s array of CUDA Cores. While the CUDA Cores were able to deliver tremendous performance speedups compared to CPU-based encoding, one downside of using these high-speed processor cores to process video encoding was increased power consumption.
By using specialized circuitry for H.264 encoding, the NVENC hardware encoder in Kepler is almost four times faster than our previous CUDA-based encoder while consuming much less power.

It is important to note that an application can choose to encode using both NVENC hardware and NVIDIA’s legacy CUDA encoder in parallel, without negatively affecting each other. However, some video pre-processing algorithms may require CUDA, and this will result in reduced performance from the CUDA encoder since the available CUDA Cores will be shared by the encoder and pre-processor.

NVENC provides the following:
 Can encode full HD resolution (1080p) videos up to 8x faster than real-time. For example, in high performance mode, encoding of a 16 minute long 1080p, 30 fps video will take approximately 2 minutes.
 Support for H.264 Base, Main, and High Profile Level 4.1 (same as Blu-ray standard)
 Supports MVC (Multiview Video Coding) for stereoscopic video—an extension of H.264 which is used for Blu-ray 3D.
 Up to 4096x4096 encode

We currently expose NVENC through proprietary APIs, and provide an SDK for development using NVENC. Later this year, CUDA developers will also be able to use the high performance NVENC video encoder. For example, you could use the compute engines for video pre-processing and then do the actual H.264 encoding in NVENC. Alternatively, you can choose to improve overall video encoding performance by running simultaneous parallel encoders in CUDA and NVENC, without affecting each other’s performance.

NVENC enables a wide range of new use cases for consumers:
 HD videoconferencing on mainstream notebooks
 Sending the contents of the desktop to the big screen TV (gaming, video) through a wireless connection
 Authoring high quality Blu-ray discs from your HD camcorder

A beta version of Cyberlink MediaEspresso with NVENC support is now available on the GeForce GTX 680 press FTP. Support will be coming soon for Cyberlink PowerDirector and Arcsoft MediaConverter.

spotduster  2013-05-15 04:41:04 ( ID:rwaazzfpvmr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

We are also requesting NVENC hardware encoder support.

Alexander  2013-06-25 19:23:06 ( ID:3wcsnorfzza )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just bought a GTX 650Ti video card, I hope for a support NVENC too. Please :)

Question - Importing many TS files No.67071
halfpipe  Home )  2012-12-03 06:21:08 ( ID:f/wmkrxtack )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

version 50826
When importing many short TS videos at the same time as from a dance recital the program analyzes the file then asks to specify TS file title selection which are identical either Playlist 1 or Program 1 . This goes on for every file and it is a big waste of time so I'm not using Tmpgenc Authoring works for TS to DVD making, but I would if I could figure how to just go ahead and Import a bunch of files by dragging them into the source window without the slow one by one procedure now used
Any way to do this?
thanks

Schematic  2012-12-18 14:17:21 ( ID:9c1jnepckeo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just use the "Add file" and follow the prompts. I use it all the time for many many clips. It can be set for unattended import of multi files...

Request - Windows 8 No.67070
Tim Harrison  2012-12-02 21:16:23 ( ID:fq.r4ociy6l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there an ETA for a Windows 8 compatible version?

batmeat  2012-12-20 00:32:03 ( ID:hkqnrbmslir )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TAW5 is compatible with windows 8. I've been testing it against win7 concurrently and have yet to run into any errors regarding compatibility.

Win 8 x64
Win 7 x64

Tim Harrison  2012-12-21 07:19:28 ( ID:bwgn2ba8am2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Doesn't work for me. Incredibly slow to scan through WTV files for editing, even though they work fine on Windows 7 machines.

Batmeat  2012-12-21 10:57:02 ( ID:hkqnrbmslir )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Very odd. The only problem I've run into so far is when I import some mkv files. The program will freeze. Haven't had any slow down issues though. I'm using a fresh install of windows 8 though. No other programs insralled

ttezza  2013-01-03 00:12:47 ( ID:g2e.3qkuiwc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I thought that the oddities that were happening were a result of upgrading from TAW4 to TAW 5 until I realised that there was another variable. I had upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8 as well. 80% of my divx files will not allow to be converted. The video was totally lines and pixelation. I tried various other codecs but to no avail. 20% of my files will encode. I now think that Windows 8 MAY be the problem.
BTW I stall have TAw 4 running on an older computer and the said files were converted with TAw4. I suppose that that is my solution for the time being.

Question - Multiple Errors No.67013
Dave  2012-11-18 15:35:37 ( ID:b//t/b6fw5k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello, I have purchased v5 and tried to import a project from v4, but it failed stating "external exception e06d7363"

I then tried to import the video again so that I can create the project from scratch, but I received an error stating "cannot open file" followed by the file location.
The file is a .mov file which uses the Apple ProRes 422 HQ codec. When this file is imported into v4, it works perfectly.

Any ideas what may be causing these two issues? I checked these forums and searched online, but could not find any specific reasons why this is not working.

Many thanks

Dave  2012-11-18 15:37:55 ( ID:b//t/b6fw5k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just wanted to add that I also tried to import other files such as mp4, but they also failed with the same error as the .mov file.

The Jazzman  2012-12-14 22:53:41 ( ID:yjad2xazoo2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Dave,

I have found from experience myself that v5 is a "bit thick" when it comes to issues such as this!

I've found that I have to go through the complete project, ensuring that that every element, back ground pictures/ videos clips/ audio files etc is specifically imported manually and then the project re-saved as a v5 project file.

When I go to simulation, if I've missed something, it will either crash completely or display the "external exception xxxxxxx" error.

Another thing to check for is if you used a standard template or a custom built one? If its a custom one that you saved, copy it from the v4 templates folder to the v5 templates folder.

Question - Why does the rendering take forever now No.66996
Rob  2012-11-14 19:05:49 ( ID:yb5rols1tvh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok. so I Have taw 4 and it works pretty fast on BR export but now I have taw 5 and it bloody slow. over 10 hours for ajust over 2 hour project. WTF.

Can anyone understand or help me with this matter. This is a really dopey forum, very messy.

Thanks in advance.

tkrave  2012-11-15 08:11:13 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Was TAW4 smart rendering or full rendering the file? Is your source MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 AVC?

Rob  2012-11-15 09:07:20 ( ID:yb5rols1tvh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi there TKRAVE.
Was using taw 4 and the file type is m2v. Its a full hd resolution from edius and then I normally just import into taw 4 for br authoring . I think it is smart rendering but I will have to check on this as its so long ago I made these settings. I did notice doing this taw 5 thing that the files are coming in as FR or full render which i never noticed before..i thought they were already good for taw and would have the SR log on them..does taw 4 and 5 not accept mp2 as SR automatically.it takes about 4-5 hours to complete a 2 hour 15 project from output of file and burn for a BR disk...does that sound correct. I heard anton on GV site can do the same in 15 mins..that blew my mind. I am running only a dual core 2 year old computer now....look fwd to response and thanks..rob

Rob  2012-11-20 10:23:17 ( ID:yb5rols1tvh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok dudes, sorted issue...not from this forum...Lucky theres the good people from GV grass valley...

Schematic  2012-12-18 14:19:28 ( ID:9c1jnepckeo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So, share your find with us Rob......

slipstream  2013-01-03 22:21:47 ( ID:9nkhepgsn/h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the same problem with DVD. I have trial of Authoring Works 4and when i decided to buy it was to late becouse version 5 appers, so I bought Authoring Works 5.

Problem is tahat, I'm recording from TV with Pinnacle software which record in mpeg format. In version 4 I made approx 1,5h DVD disc from this recorded source in just few minutes, and with version 5 the same disc is made nearly 2 hours!

It looks like ver.4 didn't encode source when it fits to disc without compression to disc size, and ver.5 endode all source material. It's frustrating to be honest and much dissapointing when you buy software.

Question - codec No.66982
ovo  2012-11-10 04:38:40 ( ID:qp4wq5bs/sc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

can you tell me which codec is better to use with this program for the best quality ( i allways use mkv-720p to dvd9 ) I do not like the output quality

smartfinder  Home )  2012-11-22 11:19:58 ( ID:qdm08jb1tfc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Codec x264 "Best option" + AC3 "Original Audio"

Remember

Bluray 1080p 25Mbps 2 hours 25GB (Perfect)
MKV's "720P" 9Mbps 2 hours 8.5GB (Good)

Question - Compatibility (BD 3D, DTS-HD) No.66951
alk3997  2012-11-03 00:18:42 ( ID:m1uumbots4h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've been looking through the archives and I can't find a definitive answer to whether these are compatible with TMPGEnc Authoring Works 5.

If I import a M2TS file with Blu-Ray 3D in AVC format will that work with Authoring Works 5? Will it get re-encoded?

If the M2TS file has a DTS-HD stream instead of LPCM, will that work with Authoring Works 5?

My intended workflow will be to encode the video with Edius Pro (or Vegas Pro, if necessary), the audio with DTS-HD Master Audio Suite, mux with TSMuxer and then into Authoring Works 5 to create the menu structure. Will this work?

Andy

tkrave  2012-11-03 06:54:01 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Natively, no they are not supported.

I've read some people finding workarounds for DTS audio, but I don't remember offhand how they did it.

Thun77  2012-11-06 03:53:50 ( ID:tzkiqcq/bqj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Even with the DTS audio workaround, which uses directshow filter, you are still forced to re-encode it to one of the supported formats, so you can't make a bluray with DTS audio with TMPGEnc Authoring Works 5

Ranma  2012-11-16 15:04:21 ( ID:jr7aqprafbn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You could use multiavchd. It is freeware and will allow you to create a bluray disc with DTS audio, without re-encoding the audio at all. TMPG will not allow you to create anything other then PCM or ac3 audio files, sadly. I wonder when or if they will fix this, because even NERO allows you to do this if you purchase their DTS plugin.

Question - MOTION PAGE No.66949
DHARDJONO  2012-11-01 12:24:07 ( ID:lxf7twxpqc2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

how do i get all my pages to have motion instead on 1 by 1 i click the motion box
please help thks

tkrave  2012-11-03 06:50:28 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Activate it in the Global Menu Settings.

gspanos  2012-11-04 06:09:40 ( ID:bsa4l56wzbn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Activate it in the Global Menu Settings.

Where, exactly? I don't see an option there.

tkrave  2012-11-06 08:37:08 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In the Menu Stage, click on Blu-ray/DVD Global Menu Settings button in upper left corner.
In the settings window, select the Motion Menu tab.
Select one of the Motion menu radio buttons.

All video items in your menus will then animate.

However, I think I misunderstood the original issue. I'm guessing Dhardjono is talking about the Simulation Stage where each page's motion menus must be rendered before you can preview it. If that's what you all are talking about, then there's no way around that.
Note that you do not need to do the render the motion preview for all pages in order to output them. The simulation has no affect on the output and is for preview purposes only.

gspanos  2012-11-07 00:01:16 ( ID:bsa4l56wzbn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>In the Menu Stage, click on Blu-ray/DVD Global Menu Settings button in upper left corner.
>In the settings window, select the Motion Menu tab.
>Select one of the Motion menu radio buttons.
>
>All video items in your menus will then animate.
>
>However, I think I misunderstood the original issue. I'm guessing Dhardjono is talking about the Simulation Stage where each page's motion menus must be rendered before you can preview it. If that's what you all are talking about, then there's no way around that.
>Note that you do not need to do the render the motion preview for all pages in order to output them. The simulation has no affect on the output and is for preview purposes only.

That's the issue that I'm concerned about. In Simulation mode, it's bothersome to have to wait for animation to begin after clicking the Motion tab, especially with Blu-Ray menu pages. I've communicated with support-eng@pegasys-inc.com support, and staff confirmed the issue and said that it would be sent to sthe user's wish list.

DHARDJONO  2012-11-08 07:00:34 ( ID:lxf7twxpqc2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK LET ME TRY THANKS FOR YOUR HELP ALL OF YOU

Also need to know how to put music in every page same song

Question - Dolby Input Problems No.66926
bulletwar  2012-10-24 04:57:14 ( ID:dm3xdnoqnpo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Since a certain time a got problems to import movie files with ac3 mutlichannel audio. An audio file beginning with Dolby 2.0 and ending in 5.1 is not changed in 5.1 when cutting the part of 2.0 away. If I remember correctly this was working before. Can someone help me to get 5.1 sound output.

Question - Error Code during output No.66920
vvfilms  2012-10-20 13:31:59 ( ID:/stisxcth0k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just purchased and downloaded Authoring works 5 and I am trying to burn an SD DVD of a 720p project. Whenever I output the program looks like it is working fine, starts to output for 30 seconds or so, I see the video on the screen and then I get an error code like this...
"An error occurred during a process (Error Code 0xFFFFDCFF)"
I have an 8 core processor, 32 gigs of ram, Windows 7 Pro and a quaddro 4000 video card.
Thank you for your help on the matter.
Joe Valenti

Question - Audio files in the Trial version simulator No.66914
Susan the Newbie  Home )  2012-10-18 06:05:33 ( ID:qrkafghefqj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

HELP I am completely new to using this tool and am seeing if it will suit our needs for DVD authoring. ( so far it looks great) however. I am using WMV files and plan to convert them to NTSC DVD. I put up an array of 3 files and when I ran it through the simulator, I am not hearing any video. It is specifying the Audio source as the same file as the video source.

What am I doing wrong? or Does the free trial version not support audio?

Anyone? - thanks for any and all help. - Susan

Susan the Newbie  Home )  2012-10-18 06:12:01 ( ID:qrkafghefqj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What I meant to say ( sorry to many hours at it ) is I am not hearing any audio.

tkrave  2012-10-19 02:03:19 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can you hear the audio in other sections of the software, such as the Cut Editor? The trial does not limit audio.

Request - authoring works 5 nvidia drivers No.66827
john estcourt  Home )  2012-10-03 05:21:08 ( ID:vtjg/4yc8iw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi just installed Nvida drivers 306.23 and authoring works 5 stops working. I can no longer import MPEG elementary streams in. just going to try 296.10 drivers. I can import AVis though ???

Think there is a problem here. for info if others are having issues

Ranma  2012-10-16 13:55:48 ( ID:jr7aqprafbn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This has been an issue for several MONTHS now and we have heard NOTHING from the team in regards to this. Appears that we have been abandoned. Version 4 gets an update, and version 5 just gets shafted. I really feel that I wasted my money buying this program. Stick with 296.10. Or move to multiavchd, as Dean K. has started work on it again. Supports a LOT more media streams and subtitles than Authoring Works 5 ever will.

Last time I EVER buy software. Freeware has a lot more support than buyware. And freeware usually only has 1-2 people at MOST working on it. You suck Pegasys. You used to be great, but now you just appear to be ignoring your users. Way to lose any future sales.

Natalino  2012-10-27 02:22:21 ( ID:4em39uzlshk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the latest version of the nvidia driver 306.97 and it works fine with the version you cited evidence on the preferences menu to turn off the plg-in media fondatiOr uninstall the program and try to reinstall
Avoid installing codec packs "create conflicts with the system" only recommended if you need ffdshow aloneon and leaves sprouted all the others and see if it works.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.