Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 42 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TAW5 BBS Replacing a video file LoriP 2 2015-11-16 11:40:42
Question TVMW5 BBS unable to move to next chapter buoyancy 1 2015-07-14 09:38:53
Question TAW4 going back to chapter menu when selected chapter has finished playing neko 2 2015-07-17 02:39:29
Question TAW5 BBS BDs exceeding 25GB with music menus ihodgman 1 2015-07-14 06:46:22
Question TVMW5 BBS exe virus damage Brian Newington 1 2015-07-03 07:33:55
Question TVMW5 BBS .GIF files? rap2 1 2015-07-15 10:26:23
Question TMSR4 The one clip I want to edit won't be accepted as a "master clip" Kerry Shetline 3 2015-07-09 18:24:32
Question TAW5 BBS Track playback end action Problem vintvolt 3 2015-06-25 11:18:03
Question TME3 Error EffcvVideoFilter.vme Alex 0 2015-06-16 21:41:32
Question TVMW6 Nvidia Quadro K6000 & Tesla K40c nzwayne 0 2015-06-15 03:33:35
Question TVMW6 Time Remap Cluber77 1 2015-06-16 09:52:18
Free talk TVMW5 BBS Read BluRay disks with TVMW5? rapeterson 3 2015-06-19 06:58:18

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 42 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TAW5 BBS - Replacing a video file No.69810
LoriP  2015-07-11 01:50:45 ( ID:h1chpbvp1ug )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm trying to replace out file in a perfect project. I want to replace out the track file with a different one - without losing my chapter markers associated with the original file. Is there a way to do this. I can't seem to find out how. Basically - I had a perfect menu - and movie... but one change was requested from the client. I made the change and now just want to swap out that new file (all timing is the same) for the existing one in TAW.

Any advice would be welcome.
Lori

tkrave  2015-07-14 06:54:55 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

To preserve your chapter marks:
In the Source stage, double click on the file you want to replace to open it in the edit window. In the Cut and Chapter tab, click on the Edit Menu button (rightmost button under the seek bar), and choose "Export keyframe list".

After that, you can go back to the Source stage and delete the clip from the list.

You can then add your new clip using the Source Wizard or Add File options, then (just like the original clip) go to its edit window, click on the Edit Menu button and choose "Import keyframe list".

I'm not sure how the new file will affect the menu, but hopefully it won't.

HagbardCeline  2015-11-16 11:40:42 ( ID:4c.rsdoj8lf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Another way you can do this...merely re-render the file out and replace the one that the project is using. As long as it's the same length, the chapter points will line up.

Question - TVMW5 BBS - unable to move to next chapter No.69809
buoyancy  2015-07-10 18:53:58 ( ID:ltjac.geoil )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey guys, I ran into a problem when I try to move to next chapter with TMPGEnc's works 5.

I listed the video as 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 2-1, 2-2 and so on. But the " next" button failed to work every time I intended to move to different chapter (for example, 1-3 to 2-1).

I was wondering if there is a solution for that, or it is simply a bug with the software itself.

Thanks!

tkrave  2015-07-14 09:38:53 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What is your output format and what are you playing the video with?

Question - TAW4 - going back to chapter menu when selected chapter has finished playing No.69801
neko  2015-07-05 23:45:28 ( ID:n/92iam1lga )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,
I am making dvd with recorded classes for drawing anatomy.
What I need is that when a selected chapter has finished playing to get me back to the chapter menu so that the viewer can choose what other chapters he want to see. Right now it continues to play the unselected chapters as well and then after the entire track has finished playing it get back to the chapter menu. I have several tracks (of recorded lectures). Each track has many chapters (skeleton system of the hand, muscle system of the hand etc.) I really want to avoid making all those chapters in to separate mini movies (tracks)if possible. I have the trial version and just would like to know is this software for me or not.
Thank you in advance

tkrave  2015-07-09 10:56:09 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is possible in TMPGEnc Authoring Works 5 (can't remember if it's possible in TAW4). TAW4 is discontinued, so if you do decide to buy it, you'll have to buy version 5 anyway.

You can set the chapter end action in the Menu Stage-->Global Menu Settings-->Chapter Display tab.
For each chapter, you can select whether to play the next chapter or go back to the menu.
Note that this option will only appear for DVDs; Blu-rays don't have this functionality I guess.

neko  2015-07-17 02:39:29 ( ID:peiae6tremn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you so much for your help tkrave :)
It is really appreciated.

Question - TAW5 BBS - BDs exceeding 25GB with music menus No.69799
ihodgman  2015-07-04 21:59:31 ( ID:mdk/tytfsog )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm attempting to create a bluray disc from a 20.5GB M4V file.

When adding the file to AW5 with 11 menus the file size increases to 22.3GB and everything is ok and the project will fit on a 25GB BD.

If I add music to the first menu or all the menus the project increases from 22.3GB to 27GB. This seems very strange.

The music added to the menu is a 112 second MP3 file of 4.7MB (megabytes).

Why does AW5 increase the project by 5GB when a small music file is added.

If I remove the music from the menus the project returns to 22.3GB.

Also the footage when added shows it is compatible with smart rendering and this occurs when the BDMV project is created with the BDMV folder taking around 10 minutes to generate. When the 112 second music is added to the menu the project then takes 3.5 hours to render the BDMV folder.

Is this a bug or can someone please explain the reasoning for this increase in project size and increase in render time when music is added to a menu.

Thanks

tkrave  2015-07-14 06:46:22 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You might need to check the menu encoding settings. I think you can view/change them in the Global Menu Settings in the Menu Stage. It's possible the bitrate is too high. Your increased output time is also probably due to the menu encoding.

Question - TVMW5 BBS - exe virus damage No.69797
Brian Newington  2015-07-02 08:43:02 ( ID:ffgjktm6zgk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Friends
Every time i do a virus clean it knocks out video mastering works 5.4
Have to uninstall and reinstall exe every time, a real pain.
The tmpge program is the only one effected.
Got any solutions?????

tkrave  2015-07-03 07:33:55 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Report it as a false positive to the virus software company.

Question - TVMW5 BBS - .GIF files? No.69796
rap2  2015-07-02 04:32:13 ( ID:aitjvxtmffr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can VMW5 edit .GIF files?

tkrave  2015-07-15 10:26:23 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can import .gif files but if you mean animated gifs, then no, you won't be able to edit it like a video.

Question - TMSR4 - The one clip I want to edit won't be accepted as a "master clip" No.69786
Kerry Shetline  2015-06-29 05:17:58 ( ID:n4hzwon8a2a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do I do when the one clip that I want to edit -- all I want to do is a simple trim operation on this one clip -- won't be accepted as a "master clip"?

What does it take for an MKV file to be acceptable as a master clip?

The file is simply the output from a video capture device (Hauppauge HD DVR 2), originally a TS file, repackaged as an MKV file using mkvmerge. The clip contains two tracks only, one MPEG-4 AVC video track, 1920x1080 @ 59.94 fps, and an MPEG-1 Layer 2 stereo audio track @ 48 KHz.

I see that someone asked this question over two years ago (http://bbs.pegasys-inc.com/bbs/list/lang/en/board/TMSR4/topic/67377#topic67377), and the only answer they got was that the clip "has to be MPEG-1/2, MPEG-4 AVC". My clip fits that description. What else has to be true for my clip to be accepted as more than just a "rescue" clip?

For future editing, I sure hope it's not true that only files with MPEG-1/2 audio can be master clips, because I'll definitely want to edit files with AC3 audio as well.

tkrave  2015-06-30 08:54:41 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Maybe it can't be in a MKV container. Do you still have the original TS file? I think that would be more suitable.
I feel like MKV is still kind of new for TMPGEnc products, and they don't handle them as well as the older container formats.

Kerry Shetline  2015-07-06 03:32:00 ( ID:n4hzwon8a2a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The original .ts file is accepted, but only as an import. I'm pretty sure that means it goes through a decode/re-encode cycle before being used -- which is exactly what I'm trying to avoid.

tkrave  2015-07-09 18:24:32 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If it can be set as the master clip then it won't be re-encoded.
This software will not re-encode anything during the file importation process.
TS files need to be analyzed since they can contain multiple programs/playlists; that might be what you are experiencing. Nothing is being done to the actual data though.

Question - TAW5 BBS - Track playback end action Problem No.69773
vintvolt  2015-06-19 21:22:46 ( ID:woog2ds4ev2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi
I have a problem with authoring a Bluray with TMPGEnc Authoring Works 5. The contents is just a movie and one trailer. A main menu is shown. My intention is that after the ending of the movie track, the main menu shows again, but now, no matter what, it continues to play the next track, the trailer.

The track structure is as follows:
- A "First Play" track has a company logo and a legal disclaimer
- Another track has the movie
- Another track has the trailer.

I believe the option for the desired behaviour must be configured during the menu creation, where I set up the structure and behaviour of the Bluray
My process is as follows:
Page 1: I select “Create a custom menú by choosing layout and ítems”
Page 2: I check “Create a unique page for audio and subtitles selector” and “When displaying a menú during playback, display the menu page containing current title/chapter”.
Page 3: Here I chose custom, (not relevant now)
Page 4: I have checked “Top and Track menu” y “Add pop-up menu”
Page 5: In this page I think is the problem I'm seeing. I have checked under “Disc insert action” : “Display the top menu” and under “Track playback end action”: also “Display the top menu”.
I think that means when the movie track ends, the main menu should be shown, but it doesn't. We have tested the other options: “Display track menú” and “Play the next track” but it always plays the next track, the trailer.

Please, am I doing something wrong? Is there another setting that overides this?

Thank you

tkrave  2015-06-20 04:46:44 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It sounds like your movie and trailer are in the same track. Go back to the Source stage and make sure they are in separate tracks.

vintvolt  2015-06-22 20:40:26 ( ID:woog2ds4ev2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi thanks for responding, but that's the point...
The movie and the trailer are on separate tracks in the source selection, as described.

As additional info, the "movie track" has a track menu, pop-up, to select scenes, audio and subtitles, whereas the "trailer track" has no track menu

tkrave  2015-06-25 11:18:03 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've made a test blu-ray with a first play track, two regular tracks and the settings you specified, and it works fine for me.

I know you said you made two separate tracks, but the only thing that could be causing this behavior is if the two clips are in the same track.

The only other thing I can think of is if you're using an old version that has some sort of a bug; what version is your software?

Question - TME3 - Error EffcvVideoFilter.vme No.69766
Alex  2015-06-16 21:41:32 ( ID:pilzxkjyk/n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Error:"Could not find the required EffcvVideoFilter.vme" How to fix this bugs?
How to reset TMPGEnc Mpeg Editor 3
I have a license key. I purchased a license in 2011

Question - TVMW6 - Nvidia Quadro K6000 & Tesla K40c No.69764
nzwayne  2015-06-15 03:33:35 ( ID:zth7.1nbfq. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Running ASUS Z10PE-D8, 2x Xeon E5-2699, 64GB memory and W8.1 64bit. When I enable the NVIDIA CUDA option associated to the K6000 can successfully encode in H.264/AVC & NVENC mode.
Q1. When I start VMW6 I get message "Cannot use the NVEC encoder currently because it was not able to verify the availability of the NVENC encoder. Is this normal?
Q2. When the K40c is selected, I do not get the option of selecting NVENC as the Video Encoder?

Help much appreciated!
Thks. Wayne.

Question - TVMW6 - Time Remap No.69758
Cluber77  2015-06-13 14:52:33 ( ID:2jdc3ys2wcl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi i try to make Time Remap in mastering works 6 but i cant' find the way to do it.
is there any tutorial how this works?
thanks

tkrave  2015-06-16 09:52:18 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's similar to animation in the timeline; you select a clip, then in the properties panel, activate Time Remap. The Time Remap layer will appear and you can add keypoints to change the speed at certain points. See the help file for more info: http://help.pegasys-inc.com/en/tvmw6/03220.html#08

Free talk - TVMW5 BBS - Read BluRay disks with TVMW5? No.69755
rapeterson  2015-06-13 03:59:50 ( ID:aitjvxtmffr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have burned quite a few BluRay disks with TVMW5, authoring each with TAW5. ANd they have all played perfectly on BluRay players. Today, however, I tried to have TVMW5 input a file from a BluRay disk I burned recently(the disk plays perfectly in a Samsung desktop player) but all I get is an error message saying that"Windows cannot read from this disk. The disk might be corrupted, or it is using a format that is not compatible with Windows". The system is Windows XP/service pack 3, 32 bit. Incidentally, I get the same error message hwn I attempt to use TAW5> I obviously have a BluRay burner in the system so cannot understand why I cannot read the very BluRay disks that I burn with Pegasus software. Is there a work around solution for this? If I upgrade to version 6 will that solve the problem?software..

rapeterson  2015-06-13 04:57:50 ( ID:aitjvxtmffr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Incidentally....BluRay disks burned using TVMW5/TAW5 cannot be opened with the latest VLC play. What goes. VLC says they don't recognize the format????

smartfinder77  Home )  2015-06-17 10:47:30 ( ID:sh0kljvo.p. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try burning Nero UDF ISO 2.5 for Bluray,
TAW5 burning short Lead-In and Lead-Out.

http://www.hughsnews.ca/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/DVD-R-Physical-Sectors.jpg

rapeterson  2015-06-19 06:58:18 ( ID:aitjvxtmffr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Actually, I originally used Nero 10 when I first got into Blu-Ray; but about a third of the disks would not play in some Blu-Ray players. The ones I have burned now with TAW5 have not had the problem and have worked in everyone's Blu-Ray players - so far anyway. Regardless, I'll give Nero another go at it. Thanks for the advice.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.