Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 44 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE40 MP3 upload Anthony Marlar 1 2015-05-30 08:10:27
Question TVMW5 BBS TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 6 David Ontiveros 3 2015-05-04 20:14:24
Question TVMW5 BBS Mastering Works 6 and MVC Jerry 0 2015-04-30 23:34:01
Free talk TVMW6 Upcoming English Version of TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 6 Development team 11 2015-07-28 16:59:17
Question TVMW5 BBS .mp4 & .MKV files rap2@email.com 3 2016-09-11 07:32:27
Question TAW5 BBS thumbnails don't appear after i make tracks/chapters jf 0 2015-04-17 04:34:01
Question TAW5 BBS MXF Files Dhwani 0 2015-04-15 15:48:39
Question TAW4 Menu creation Totores 0 2015-04-08 08:52:55
Question TVMW5 BBS TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 6 Keith 7 2015-05-30 08:31:17
Question TVMW5 BBS How to remove tv logo voytek 1 2015-04-30 22:16:35
Question TPXP Menu limit? BobAchgill 1 2016-08-30 14:44:02
Request TPXP PGMX player Android on Amazon app store BobAchgill 1 2016-03-01 16:19:46

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 44 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE40 - MP3 upload No.69692
Anthony Marlar  2015-05-06 22:12:08 ( ID:l8zwtmunjx. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm trying to add audio to a video and the program says it won't open file because there is no video. How do I work around this issue? Thanks

tkrave  2015-05-30 08:10:27 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's been a while since I used the program, but I think you can add the audio file from the clip properties tab in the clip edit window. Basically, you will be replacing the audio in the video with the audio from your audio file.

Question - TVMW5 BBS - TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 6 No.69686
David Ontiveros  2015-05-04 17:15:10 ( ID:ljbwppijlxr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, can anyone tell me if I can import TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5
project file into TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 6

Thanks

George  2015-05-04 20:07:29 ( ID:lbmrula6qim )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes you can. The following message will come up: http://someimage.com/5dNPCL6

Haven't tried importing a project but I assume it'll work fine. If you have many and complex v5 projects, just install the fully working free v6 Trial, test it and let us know.

George  2015-05-04 20:08:47 ( ID:lbmrula6qim )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

(Oh, the spelling in that prompt... come on guys, fix it).

George  2015-05-04 20:14:24 ( ID:lbmrula6qim )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Also remember that v6 has removed a few features from v5 (check the product's webpage/details). If your project uses any of that, the conversion will obviously run into trouble.

Question - TVMW5 BBS - Mastering Works 6 and MVC No.69677
Jerry  2015-04-30 23:34:01 ( ID:sd6dtyfle/6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just noticed this in the US trial:
*H.264/MVC 3D data support limited to the left channel
What is the reason that there isn't H.264/MVC export along with the import?

Thanks

Jerry

Free talk - TVMW6 - Upcoming English Version of TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 6 No.69670
Development team  2015-04-30 19:50:02 ( ID:2h/531v3iln )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Let's begin our journey to the new "6" world.
Announcing the upcoming release of the successor to TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5,
English version of TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 6.

Preview trial version released today!
The download version will be released on May 13th, 2015.

----------------------------------------------------
The Concept
We at Pegasys think it's very close to the next era where people will view video in 4K & 8K in their everyday lives. This is what determined our next mission, which is to provide a new tool that makes it possible to edit and create 4K and 8K movies easily for any videographer.
This is the concept, and what strongly motivated us to develop a powerful encoder tool as the next generation of video mastering works.

The new software supports 8K video output with H.265/HEVC, and features newly added powerful functions.
TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 6 features support for many input and output formats, detailed parameter settings, fast and precise cut-editing, video format conversion, compression, material creation, and much more. This is the high-quality encoding choice of video enthusiasts - this is TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 6.

The brand new "6" supports "HEVC" output - a new format for the 4K and 8K generation, and 10-bit 4:2:2/4:4:4 H.264/AVC output. The simplified GUI uncomplicates the encoding process and settings, while the newly added automatic bit-rate calculator and other new functions reduce the work hours for editing and output. Newly featured filters such as Chroma Key and Timelapse allow for more creativity. Improved Timeline Edit Mode makes video creation and editing even easier. This is the ultimate progression of the all-in-one solution concept and enhances the productivity of a wide range of users from consumers to prosumers.

Let's begin our journey to the new "6" world.

Main New Features:

Format related:
H.265/HEVC Output Support.
DivX HEVC Video File Output Support.
XAVC S Output Support.
10-bit 4:4:4 H.264/AVC Output Support.
High-Speed Hardware Encoder "NVENC" Support.
WebM and Ogg Output Support.
FLV Container File Output Support.
Support for Capturing From the bluefish444 I/O Board.
Animated GIF Importation Support.
YouTube and Other New Output Templates.
MPEG-2 Encoding Function Added to "IntelR Media SDK (QSV)".

Editing related:
Clip Editing Interface Supports up to 8K Video.
More Substantial Filters- Timelapse, Diorama, Chroma Key and more.
Further Enhanced Timeline Editing Mode
- Range Selection Support
- Enhanced Transform Function
- Time Remap Function
- Snap to Guidelines
- Narration Recording
- Sub-Timeline Function
and more.
Asset File Function
Pre-Rendering Function

Output related:
More Intelligent Output Operation
Automatic Bitrate Detection.
Highly Detailed Settings.

Other:
Project Archiving Function.
Dynamic 3D Transition Effects.

And more...

For more details, see the product page here:
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tvmw6.html

Discover even more improved functions!
Test out the software for yourself!
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/download/tvmw6.html

Important Notice for TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 Users:
TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 6 is only for Windows 64-bit OS versions, and cannot be used in a 32-bit environment.
The following functions which are included in TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 cannot be used in TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 6. Please be aware of these changes before purchasing the TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 6 upgrade version.

- FLV 1/4 Importation
- DV/HDV Capturing Function
- CUDA Encoding Function
- Ghost Reduction Filter and the Time Tone Reduction Filter in the Audio Denoise.
- The output templates for Video-CD, Super Video CD and XDVD.
- TMPGEnc Movie Plug-in FLV4 Support
- TMPGEnc Movie Plug-in SpursEngine Support

-----------------------------------------------------
Try TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 6 today and have a great weekend!

George  2015-05-02 02:47:20 ( ID:o5vrz/ceazn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just trying the trial and you've made some quite nice internal changes (much better panel use, new formats etc.). But... what's up with that new flat skin? Oh, it's awful and a huge step backwards from the previous version (which I think was worse than v4 but not this bad). Take a look at the start/welcome screen below, feels like it's coming from a ZX Spectrum. Please improve this, no need for yet another company to follow Microsoft's 'Metro' style failure of a trend.

http://i1.someimage.com/8PXU7TI.jpg

bradsr12  2015-05-12 06:46:44 ( ID:ixq3oabtehm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Love version 6, Love the fact you now have DivX HEVC, Hate the fact that Video Master Works 6 does not support Dolby Digital With DivX HEVC like Rovi and Main Concept Total Code software actually does!

ed  2015-05-12 15:28:53 ( ID:fv26igfoaqj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Who the hell have design this v6, it look garbage!!! WHAT $122 just encoder. good luck (pegasys).

Andreas  2015-05-14 01:23:16 ( ID:m8hzypgdr06 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So May 13th is here and video mastering 6 is a no show. Not a good way to get started.

Tenchi  2015-05-14 07:57:09 ( ID:ekmvs16pah6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Still no upgrade to buy !?

Here in germany its the 14th may...(want to purchase the english version).

MagiX  2015-05-14 19:40:22 ( ID:cdbcejvnv8r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Still no upgrade to buy !?
>
>Here in germany its the 14th may...(want to purchase the english version).

+1 I want to upgrade, but not possible
date announced was a joke?
especially as why until 13 May, when for several days trial version works

bixbe68  2015-05-15 17:30:48 ( ID:brajuceh7t. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I made some HEVC encodes from my H.264 MP4 ultraHD files. It took 10X real time and the GPU (GTX970) was not used at all. I had the cuda enabled and optimized. So, as I understand it there is no hardware acceleration for HEVC in the program? I have a Haswell 6 core CPU with 32Gb RAM.

bixbe68  2015-05-15 21:38:28 ( ID:brajuceh7t. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I found out that my CPU has not the Intel Quick video sync or HD Graphics driver for no understandable reason. I managed to speed up the encodes to 4X real time in the FORMAT section. If I get a CPU with 4th or 5th gen HD Graphics, will the hardware acceleration for HEVC work?

nikos  2015-05-16 18:00:55 ( ID:lgbnppqoyr6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First impressions regarding encoding speed and use of NVENC and Intel Quick Sync facilities.

My system is Windows 8.1 64 bit Professional.
16 GB RAM.
3 1TB HD
Geforce GTX 660.
Core i7 3770 (4000 Intel HD graphics)
Encoding H264 (Blu-ray and Mpeg4) from DVD files (720x576 resolution)

1) Blu-ray file quality encoding time using Intel QSV is AT LEAST twice the
time using TMPGEnc Video Authoring Works 5, which I also use in this system.

2) It DOES NOT use NVENC for serious encoding (Blu-ray etc). According to my opinion this is a VERY SERIOUS flaw and should be rectified ASAP. I was SO surprised by it, that at first I thought your software COULD NOT detect my discrete graphics card.

3) For not serious encoding, using NVENC is slower than competitive software producing H264 Blu Ray quality production using the same file.

Conclusively, despite the obvious and very positive changes of the interface and all added features, the conversion speed and limited graphic resources usage is a seriously limiting factor.

George  2015-06-03 18:51:31 ( ID:2xj.eplz7yk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Another useful feature that has not been implemented: "audio pass-through", meaning that when encoding a video file with audio, audio will have to be either re-encoded (even if it's already of bad/medium quality) or not encoded at all. The user will have to mux everything back increasing encoding time significantly.

George  2015-07-28 16:59:17 ( ID:o5vrz/ceazn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Following my negative comments, I'll add a positive one. A higher quality deinterlacer has been added to v6, which is indeed excellent news and performs very well.

Question - TVMW5 BBS - .mp4 & .MKV files No.69659
rap2@email.com  2015-04-24 09:45:12 ( ID:plai4ldqlgf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

We have 4 Samsung tablets, including their new 10.5 inch model. None of the files generated by VMW5 in .mp4 or .MKV files will play on any of these tablets. When I contacted Samsung they state that any quality video editing tool files in either format will work on any of their tablets. Its interesting that .mp4 files I generate by an old, old version of 4Xpress will play on all of our tablets.

To do any commercial work today in the hugely expanding Tablet market absolutely requires .mp4 and .MKV files (among others). Pegasys can't be that out of touch not to support the tablet market -- or are they????

George  2015-04-28 06:14:22 ( ID:gizj1inbaql )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Which output format do you select? Hardware compatibility greatly depends on that and the various settings concerned. I don't know your tablets (check their capabilities and format compatibility/restrictions) but try the MPEG-4 (AVC) file output.There is also the Mobile and portable device MPEG file output with several presets.

rap2  2015-04-30 03:37:22 ( ID:plai4ldqlgf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The ability to produce .mkv files for Samsung tablets is there, it's just buried in the .mpeg listing. Clicking on MKV files and then have the ability to choose methods is just (for some strange reason) not included. Using the "MKV choice" is simply confusing.

richard peterson  2016-09-11 07:32:27 ( ID:aitjvxtmffr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

To format a video for a Samsung Tablet (includes the 10,5 inc) use the following:

when ready to format Choose "mpeg file out put" (under generic formats), click on this and choose "output stream format" scroll down to mp4.
set the screen to 1920x1080, process the file and enjoy the HiDef screen.
On one of our Samsung 10.5 tablets I have a 256 gb memory card and have loaded 65 full length movies and 87 video sound clips. Works GREAT..

Question - TAW5 BBS - thumbnails don't appear after i make tracks/chapters No.69653
jf  2015-04-17 04:34:01 ( ID:lfl1dqtj6.k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Using TMPGEnc Authoring Works 5

I want a main page w TITLE and TRACKS.
The idea is for this main page to PLAY ALL (playu main title) or jump to the track page where tracks can be selected.

I am choosing a TRACK MENU TEMPLATE.
I set the chapter marks and name them scenes 1, scene 2 etc
I add all motion options and sound etc

When I go to simulate I only see 1 chapter on the tracks page.
Where are all the thumbnails and how do I get to the chapters (the thumbnail "links") to each chapter?

Am I doing something wrong in menu wizard or the initial clip editing stages?

Question - TAW5 BBS - MXF Files No.69652
Dhwani  2015-04-15 15:48:39 ( ID:c6rcvjc8uxh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are there any options to import a mxf file and burn to DVD..Can it be incorporated in the Authoring works 6..

Question - TAW4 - Menu creation No.69643
Totores  2015-04-08 08:52:55 ( ID:/6kqz2wktrj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi all, just started using this software and I need a bit of help setting up a menu, somehow I seem to have some difficulty. What I need I think it's simple but I can't work it out.

1. I need to have a 20 second intro played when the DVD is inserted
2. At the end of the clip a main screen to appear (with Title, Play/Chapters buttons selection)

from there on I got it all working the two steps above got me so far

Thanks

Question - TVMW5 BBS - TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 6 No.69634
Keith  2015-04-03 20:42:43 ( ID:zoxylkkmxuc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When can we expect the release of TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 6, offically here?

George  2015-04-07 19:58:24 ( ID:qoo3ig.rvaj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have never seen an official reply here, unfortunately - only remember a single new product announcement. A pity because TMPGEnc are killer apps and deserve their proper user forums (every single piece of software seems to have theirs). These current boards are extremely limited and very unintuitive to use - the exact opposite of the TMPGEnc software. Come on Pegasys, make it happen. Wouldn't hurt if you hire an admin to give official replies, too.

rap2@email.com  2015-04-28 07:37:14 ( ID:plai4ldqlgf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

PROBLEM SOLVED: The method to produce .mkv files that will play on Samsung tablets is to NOT use the format labeled mkv period!!! When you're ready to format and are on the Output selection page choose "mpeg file output" then adjust stream type to mkv. It isn't readily apparent to get to the mkv solution but its there. The disappointing thing is that I emailed Pegasys twice and never received an intelligent answer. So much for 'Customer Care"....

Persen  2015-04-30 22:06:27 ( ID:6tr/46zxmom )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 6 in English will be released later this year, got a mail about it today.
Registered owners of version 5 will get a huge discount on version 6 when upgrading.

How  2015-05-01 05:21:13 ( ID:ki208fxs9zh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Registered owners of version 5 will get a huge discount on version 6 when upgrading.

$18 for those who bought v5 between December 2014 and May 2015. Those of us who have been using v5 since it came out pay $74! Don't think I'll be upgrading any more.

ed  2015-05-01 14:13:58 ( ID:fv26igfoaqj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is nothing special in this software, i have version 4 & 5 to me is just encoder nothing else.. No more supporting this company.. i bought vegas pro way better then this..
Too me no more good luck..

George  2015-05-02 02:36:38 ( ID:o5vrz/ceazn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's much more than an (excellent) encoder and you cannot compare it to Vegas which is way more expensive.

tkrave  2015-05-30 08:31:17 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>>Registered owners of version 5 will get a huge discount on version 6 when upgrading.
>
>$18 for those who bought v5 between December 2014 and May 2015. Those of us who have been using v5 since it came out pay $74! Don't think I'll be upgrading any more.
>

It's not based on loyalty.
The $18 upgrade is meant to take the sting out of purchasing a product that is becoming discontinued.
It also makes it easier for those who needed to buy a TMPGEnc encoder immediately even if they knew version 6 was coming soon.

If you've been using TVMW5 since it came out, then you got your money's worth IMO.

Question - TVMW5 BBS - How to remove tv logo No.69627
voytek  2015-03-29 03:01:22 ( ID:ouipymeuvuh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, do you know how to remove/ delete tv chanel logo with TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 or other from TMPGEnc

Persen  2015-04-30 22:16:35 ( ID:6tr/46zxmom )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In reality, you can't remove or delete a tv channel logo, with out messing with the pixel size, who will be fully visible in the video after the attempt.
I have tried to look at several videos, where people has made such removal/delete attempts and the job they all did looked terrible, because they all ended up with a annoying wide blurry line all the way across the entire screen.

So don't even go there, its looks terrible when ever some one tries to do it.
There its just better to keep the logo intact, just like every scene rippers do, to keep the entire image intact.

Question - TPXP - Menu limit? No.69589
BobAchgill  Home )  2015-03-03 07:21:47 ( ID:jwwo6igx.p6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there a limit to the number of items in a main menu and submenu as there are with authoring DVDs?

Ades  2016-08-30 14:44:02 ( ID:nrp09m2aqdn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi there,
I guess is the same as in the authoring DVD.
I think if they are linked items it could be limited.

cheers

Request - TPXP - PGMX player Android on Amazon app store No.69588
BobAchgill  Home )  2015-03-03 07:18:40 ( ID:jwwo6igx.p6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Could you post the PGMX player for Android on the Amazon Android app store? Users in China can not access the Google app store.

Ades  2016-03-01 16:19:46 ( ID:nrp09m2aqdn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I hope this would be sent to the user's wish list.
cheers

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.