Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 56 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TAW5 BBS Can TAW5 be used to modify video? haggis999 0 2014-03-19 21:28:19
Question TAW5 BBS Authoring Works Five Blu Ray Compatible Drives bgs52 1 2014-05-08 02:11:59
Question TAW5 BBS Authoring 5 might be rebooting computer halfpipe 2 2014-03-16 03:28:36
Question TVMW5 BBS Insert clip between other clips Vigilante 1 2014-03-18 03:34:34
Question TVMW5 BBS Large monitor while in timeline WS 0 2014-03-07 09:17:37
Question TAW5 BBS Can I import an interactive menu created by a different tool? Amby 0 2014-03-03 14:35:07
Question TVMW5 BBS Intel SDK setting Chris 2 2014-03-12 18:07:21
Bug report TAW5 BBS Software onflict cause disk read error ? Frankie 0 2014-03-01 21:24:09
Question TVMW5 BBS lossless video riggin49 2 2014-03-12 18:31:51
Question TAW5 BBS Why does it re-encode clips marked as SR? KevinM 1 2014-02-25 10:26:46
Question TMSR4 How to disable certain clips for output KevinM 1 2014-02-25 10:23:17
Question TVMW5 BBS Muxing/Replacing Audio of an MKV (without re-encoding) blipton 1 2014-02-20 07:27:48

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 56 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TAW5 BBS - Can TAW5 be used to modify video? No.68380
haggis999  2014-03-19 21:28:19 ( ID:es5jw9gklzn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to create a compilation of extracts taken from a lossless MKV rip of one of my Blu-ray disks and I want to have a visible marker between these extracts. My intention is to create a very short divider clip that has similar video and audio settings, which should make merging a sequence of EXTRACT + DIVIDER + EXTRACT + DIVIDER + EXTRACT much less likely to create problems in MKVMerge. Please note that I don't want to re-encode my video extracts.

My preferred approach is to create a divider by modifying a short clip taken from the same MKV file, which should guarantee compatibility with my primary extracts. I want to edit this clip to convert the video to a continuous plain black image and reduce the audio signal to zero. Can this be done with TAW5?

David

Question - TAW5 BBS - Authoring Works Five Blu Ray Compatible Drives No.68367
bgs52  2014-03-15 22:09:22 ( ID:ogmy7cgwzfc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Greetings,

I have not been able to find a drive that is compatible
with TAWS5. The list provided on the website seems
to be made up of discontinued devices.

I have been using other software to do my writes but I
preferred to stay within TAWS in the past with version 4.

I had asked this of the support people and was referred
to their outdated list.

I have Windows 7 professional 64 bit - 32gb of RAM and
an Nvidia GTX 670 with 4gb

Thanks in advance!

don  2014-05-08 02:11:59 ( ID:hrkfsnutyvh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you tried to write with TAW5? (I've had no problem with generally available current SATA drives.)

My impresion (I may be wrong) is that drive compatability lists date to earlier days when optical drive control/commands were not as standardized as they are today.

Question - TAW5 BBS - Authoring 5 might be rebooting computer No.68364
halfpipe  2014-03-15 12:31:04 ( ID:vqdixpmioaw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Suddenly today Authoring wors 5 seems to be causing Win 7 home premium geforce 440 version.32 to constantly reboot. other video editing programs not affecting
have uninstalled and reinstalled Problem occurs with/without cuda
?

halfpipe  2014-03-15 22:45:03 ( ID:vqdixpmioaw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

please disregard the above
auto rebooking is not exclusive to authoring works
system reboots when computer working hard

halfpipe  2014-03-16 03:28:36 ( ID:vqdixpmioaw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Dust build up on the graphics card

Question - TVMW5 BBS - Insert clip between other clips No.68358
Vigilante  2014-03-13 03:14:24 ( ID:tvhkdl5rpt2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPGEnc Video Mastering works really great, except I cannot seem to do one thing: I have a long timeline with amy clips on it and now I want to insert a clip in the middle of this timeline. When I drop a clip there, it overlaps the clips already in that location. Is it possible to move all other clips forward so I can insert a new clip in the middle of the timeline?

tkrave  2014-03-18 03:34:34 ( ID:resxbfmz4s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You have to manually move all the clips after the point where you want to insert the clip. Select the first clip you want to move then move to the end of the timeline and shift+click the last clip to select all clips in between.
Zooming out so you can see more clips at a time will help.

Question - TVMW5 BBS - Large monitor while in timeline No.68338
WS  2014-03-07 09:17:37 ( ID:tly7svlo6kn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have two large displays. When I am in timeline mode, I would like the editing monitor on one display, the time line itself and other parts on another, so I can get a nearly full-sized monitor.

I can "stretch" the TMPG window to cover both displays, but this doesn't result in a larger monitor as it is height constrained - really what I want to do is reorganize the subwindows inside TMPG to have the TMPG monitor to the 'left' of the timeline.

Is there a way to do this?

Question - TAW5 BBS - Can I import an interactive menu created by a different tool? No.68334
Amby  2014-03-03 14:35:07 ( ID:immvafmg7ur )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have an interactive Blu-Ray menu that was created with Nero Video 12 that I quite like, and I'd like to be able to import into an Authoring Works 5 Blu-Ray project. I wish it to act as the main interactive menu of the TAW5 project.

I've extracted/exported the menu to a separate file, which I successfully added to the TAW5 project. However, I don't know how to make it serve as the interactive main title menu. Can this be done? If so, how?

Thanks!

Question - TVMW5 BBS - Intel SDK setting No.68330
Chris  2014-03-02 03:11:18 ( ID:vm4fw3hrfdc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are there any settings or drivers needed to be tweaked to get the Intel media sdk options working? Or does it just work out of the box. I just bought a new 4770k and fired it up, but don't really notice a huge speed difference. Any advice?

Chris

Chris  Home )  2014-03-02 03:33:07 ( ID:vm4fw3hrfdc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, I take it back. I did a comparison with the old computer and it's at least 2x as fast. Same clip, same encode settings. 8:30 clip time, old computer 21:00, new computer 10:30

now to compare the image quality

Chris

glenpinn  2014-03-12 18:07:21 ( ID:emkgnpycif2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi, the faster computer wont have any effect on your quality, the quality is determined by the software.

what was your old pc, what cpu was in it, because your new pc is twice as fast in terms of time, but the 4770k has an onboard graphics chip (intel HD4600) which is a very good chip, and if you were using intel quicksync to encode, it will be pretty fast over cpu based encoding.

im not sure what tmpge uses by default, i just let my editing pc (3770 cpu) run the encode, but my cpu doing a 1080/50p m2ts file to mpeg2 runs at about 70% so it must be using cpu based encoding, if my HD4000 graphics was running in quick sync mode, the cpu will not be working very hard, and my speed to encode will be a lot faster.

having said that, my regular software is Video ReDo, and until the next major release, it only does cpu based encoding.

Bug report - TAW5 BBS - Software onflict cause disk read error ? No.68329
Frankie  2014-03-01 21:24:09 ( ID:ltjac.geoil )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I found if install "CCleaner 4" before "TMPGEnc Authoring Works 5" , might cause that the CD-ROM could not read the disk properly .
Try reinstall CCleaner might help .

Question - TVMW5 BBS - lossless video No.68321
riggin49  2014-02-24 20:55:03 ( ID:7zzami6hjsk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi .I have dvds recorded from vcr tapes
what I want to do is just take the 2 dvds and use tvm5 to put both together and create one file with out losing any of the quality
Ive read they both need to be converted into lossless files ..
so to my question how is that done in tvm5 ?
so far everything ive tried comes out bad quality and very very pixely

once files are created I burn onto blu ray with authoring works 5

thanks

tkrave  2014-02-25 10:16:25 ( ID:resxbfmz4s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TVMW5 will always re-encode your videos, so you shouldn't use it if you want to keep your files as-is.

You can just import them into TAW5 since it can losslessly output your files. Since DVD is supported by the Blu-ray format, they will not be re-rendered.

glenpinn  2014-03-12 18:31:51 ( ID:emkgnpycif2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi, you seem to be getting very confused here.

your videos are in dvd format, so you cannot improve on what they are now, so what you need to do is mux the 2 individual dvd's into 2 mpeg2 files on your hdd, and im sure TMW5 can do this, it used to do it a few years ago in an older version.

you then import the 2 mpeg2 files into TMW5 or the TMPGE mpeg editor, and mux both files together as a single mpeg2 file, without it being re-encoded, but you cant join them together in a lossless format, and even if you could, you cant improve the quality of the video, especially tht your dvd's were created from vhs tapes anyway.

when you say you will burn them to bluray disc, will you be retaining them in the dvd format (standard definition) or do you want to convert them to bluray format (would totally kill your videos if you did that)

cheers

Question - TAW5 BBS - Why does it re-encode clips marked as SR? No.68320
KevinM  2014-02-23 05:37:01 ( ID:dlmsfaeak6h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have several HD clips which are exactly the same spec and are all blu ray compliant. The are all flagged as 'SR' in the source window onone track. The track setting is 'smart render prioritised'.
BUT when i come to output the project it RE-ENCODES IT all!!!!!!

tkrave  2014-02-25 10:26:46 ( ID:resxbfmz4s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Might be a bug if you didn't change any track settings, add transition effects or do some other edit.
Contact support: http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/support/support.html

Question - TMSR4 - How to disable certain clips for output No.68319
KevinM  2014-02-23 04:28:25 ( ID:dlmsfaeak6h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do you disable certain clips from the final output?

Sometimes I revisit a project and only want to smart render one or two clips but not remove those that I dont, but I have to just so they don't get ouputtead again which is very annoying.

Many Thanks

tkrave  2014-02-25 10:23:17 ( ID:resxbfmz4s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just delete them and don't save the project file, then you can always reopen the project file and have all your clips. Or delete the clips and save it as a different project file.

Question - TVMW5 BBS - Muxing/Replacing Audio of an MKV (without re-encoding) No.68314
blipton  2014-02-18 14:00:32 ( ID:8avt1zn0ipc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can VMW5 take an external .ogg audio file, delay it, and mux with it a .mkv file (replacing the existing audio file)?

The audio file is not the same size or nor have the same encoding as the original.

George  2014-02-20 07:27:48 ( ID:2xj.eplz7yk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It can, but it will re-encode both audio and video. You can re-encode the audio to FLAC to avoid quality loss.

Smart Renderer 4 (which does not re-encode) can't do it because it's not compatible with .ogg files.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.