Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 283 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Noob question - multiple AVIs onto a DVD Bull_Dog 4 2005-04-10 23:21:35
Question TME1 Why does my mpeg1 play only halfway? Nano 1 2005-11-08 01:59:44
Question TE25 Subtitles position vchavez 3 2005-04-06 15:04:06
Question TME1 Filesize compression? TrigunX89 1 2005-11-08 01:56:00
Question TE25 No video on output Unimatsuriku 2 2006-05-27 10:36:19
Question TE30 tmpgenc xpress encodes fine then goes black vidman 0 2005-04-03 11:25:18
Question TDA1 Can someone suggest a DVD authoring program please colin baker 9 2005-07-24 22:47:44
Question TE25 High bitrate mpeg-II zACmAN 2 2005-04-06 11:03:06
Question TE25 Media Player 10 Slippybricks 0 2005-04-02 01:51:05
Question TDA1 # of Chapters per Page sneed 3 2005-04-19 22:33:54
Question TE25 Strange Variable Encoding Speed Issue kuczynski 2 2005-04-14 01:06:23
Question TE30 some mpg 1 files will not open video JoeNezz 0 2005-03-30 15:07:01

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 283 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Noob question - multiple AVIs onto a DVD No.43101
Bull_Dog  2005-04-05 01:46:09 ( ID:dsqyeku0j2g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Noob question here. I posted a question on another website and they told me to check out TMPG Enc.

I have a bunch of t.v. episodes that are in an AVI format. I'd like to burn them onto a DVD. I'm not sure where to start.

I started TMPG Enc with the wizard. I "guessed" that I should pick DVD|NTSC (low resolution) with MPEG-1 in the drop down box. That says I should be able to get 495 minutes onto a DVD. I figure that's about 10 episodes or so.

The next page I select an AVI file and leave the 2 drop-down boxes at default. It only lets me select one AVI file so I assume I do them each one at a time.

On the filter page I select "Clip frame" and "Noise Reduction" because that sounds like a good thing quality-wise. It automatically takes me to the settings screen that I leave at default and don't change anything. Does clicking those two option become useless because I don't change anything?

The next page is the Bit rate setting. Here's where I start to wonder. There's a box that says "Make file size 99.99% of disk capacity". Well that means my one episode will fill up the whole disk then, correct? Do I want to change this to 10% and have it automatically change the bitrate parameters then?

Thanks!

kuczynski  2005-04-05 19:38:29 ( ID:ckdd4ek.lwl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you want to maximize the number of episodes on a dvd you can encode each as a vcd, then use a dvd authoring program such as tmpgenc dvd author which will also burn the dvd.

I've done this & have been able to encode 4 movies on one dvd, with some room to spare. The quality is surprisingly good. There may be other ways to do what you want to do, but this has worked well for me.

ashy  2005-04-05 19:40:39 ( ID:c9rwdyebxxw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Don't bother checking any of those settings. It's unecessary and will slow down the encoding.
You have 2 options, rename each AVI you wish to be encoded in sequence and then check the option for TMPG to open files in sequence or you can alter the percentage to accomdate all of your AVI's.
For example if you have 5 AVI's to encode then set the percentage to 20%. then in the next screen select 'Create another project for batch encoding' until you have done all of them then reselect 'start encoding immediately'

Bull_Dog  2005-04-10 04:21:27 ( ID:dsqyeku0j2g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks to both of you. kuczynski - I've done them individually to a VCD, but thought that maybe I could up the quality a bit. I may have to stick with the VCD format.

ashy - thanks for the info about those 2 settings. I tried manually setting the percentage, but I notice after the 5th one that as I clicked 'Next', a different number than 10% would appear briefly. It took all night and part of the morning to do the 10 files, but some were a Gig, so it was actually changing the percentage.

I'll give the 'Open files sequentially' a shot - but do you know then if I'll be able to have chapters or whatever so I can view each episode or will it run all 10 together?

Thanks again.

ashy  2005-04-10 23:21:35 ( ID:ad8aqvu6eaf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you open the files sequentially you will need to mark the points that each film begins manually in your authoring program to create seperate chapters.
Not very hard to do if you use TMPG DVD author.

Question - TME1 - Why does my mpeg1 play only halfway? No.54371
Nano  2005-04-04 18:39:48 ( ID:xqquthtystn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I can watch the avi in Divx player but the converted version (mpeg 1) only plays halfway then the screen goes black and there's also no audio for the rest of the elapsed time (half hour). Why?

dan witzel  2005-11-08 01:59:44 ( ID:nuppnkrtkfc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

possibly, the encodr hit a bad frame in the source and encoded black for the rest, playback of the divx might not whow it cuz of encoding methods, but decoding fram by frame will yild the flaw and do what you described

Question - TE25 - Subtitles position No.43097
vchavez  2005-04-04 07:53:11 ( ID:x1c647bhywl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi I have my AVI video and encoded with TMPGEnc 2.5 with subtitles
then I burned my mpeg file to create a VCD with VCDEasy 2.0.

When I put the VCD in my DVD Player image looks great but with subtitles
I only see the first row of subtitles second one is down and can't see it
any way to fix this or what I did worng?.

Thanks

B_Racer  2005-04-04 13:10:49 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Blame the guy who made the Subtitles ...

In fact, those Subtitlers always forget the Overscan-Area of a TV. Your only chance ist to shrink the Picture size

aldaco12  2005-04-06 11:49:04 ( ID:oqc/f/b5mok )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is a configuration setup in FFDShow, if you used it...you can choose the font size, its colour and, I think, the distance from the bottom border.

B_Racer  2005-04-06 15:04:06 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yeah, but this doesn't work, if the Subs are Hard-encoded.

Question - TME1 - Filesize compression? No.54369
TrigunX89  2005-04-04 00:15:09 ( ID:n97tp2ge6zo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do you compress the filesize of your mpeg? I'm converting some avi's to mpeg1's, but the filesize for one 345mb avi is turning out to be over a gig as an mpeg. Is there a way to make this filesize smaller? Thanks in advance!

dan witzel  2005-11-08 01:56:00 ( ID:nuppnkrtkfc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

rember , mpeg1 came about in 1992 while i am assuming you avi is using a mpeg-4 variant came about in ~1999 so expect a 2-4x jump in size for comprable quality

Question - TE25 - No video on output No.43094
Unimatsuriku  2005-04-03 18:05:16 ( ID:7lqvnoq5wa2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey, I'm not exactly an expert in this but I'm doing media at college so hopefully one day I will be. Basicly, I recorded a few films onto DV tape with a camcorder and using the RGB sockets on my PC media card I got the film onto my pc logging and capturing.

Now in AVI format and whey to big to put on the net I'm trying to encode them to MPEG using TMPGEnc. So I basicly select the PAL (yep I'm in England) Video-CD option, I select my AVI file using the selector and it default sets the options as, "Interlace, Bottom Field First (field B), 4:3 625line (pal 704x576)". I select none of the extra Filter Settings and then keep hitting next untill it begins encoding.

So I let it encode then when I try to view the mpeg video file I'm only seeing black with the audio. Is there somthing I've done wrong??

Any help is greatly apreciated, Uni.

aldaco12  2005-04-06 11:06:54 ( ID:oqc/f/b5mok )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does this happens even if you use the Wizard?

Did you play with the 'Option___Environmental settings__VFAPI plug-in'?

Or, maybe, TMPGenc cannot decode the AVI codec that has been used...

kevin  2006-05-27 10:36:19 ( ID:n0ks9p5hi8n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

search comment No.42841

Question - TE30 - tmpgenc xpress encodes fine then goes black No.53431
vidman  2005-04-03 11:25:18 ( ID:mpwpv837utc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi, im using xpress to encode my sharks tale when it its the black part of movie
(when oscar gets put in the trunk at the race track , its stays black.
when you movie the slider past this point (in the the cut section) you can see the movie still, if you play (in the cut section) when its hits the black point it still stays black.

I am encoding from unencrypted dvd on HD, It plays ok on pc software, even created new ifos for it. no luck I also had bRatz encode in black from the start.
others are fine.
changed bitrate,resolution, templates etc no luck
encodes with flaskmpg fine.

thanks

Question - TDA1 - Can someone suggest a DVD authoring program please No.49388
colin baker  2005-04-02 15:37:32 ( ID:kxnlkluwigr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've been trying to use this TMPGenc but i'm finding it very buggy and it doesnt have any reasonable support. It cant even burn DVDs on win-98 so I have to use the appaling Nero bloatware just to burn a disk

I need something that can make DVDs of any size and not miss out great big chunks of them without telling me

I need support without having to log in or register or bugger about or wait days for emails everytime I have a simple elementary question

and ideally I'd like a nice interface such as this one has (its only selling point IMHO)

is there anything that comes close (the cost doesnt matter - I NEED these things)

thank you

B_Racer  2005-04-04 13:17:29 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TDA isn't buggy. I'm using it by myself - even for semi prof. DVDs
There's only one thing: No burning under Win98, but's that OK to me.

And: If you need support for TDA, you will be lost with any other DVD Authoring Program - they are much more complicated compared to TDA (which is the easiest to use authoring tool).

But OK, you asked for it: The second program i use is DVDLab Pro.

Colin Baker  2005-04-05 02:50:24 ( ID:kxnlkluwigr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It is indeed buggy you only have to look at how many people here have complained about the same bugs - just take a look at how many people have found it misses out great chunks of their DVD's without even raising an error message to say its done it and thats not new - the complaints go back ages and yet are never responded to. And given the low take up of this very obscure BBS thats all the more a cause for concern

then theres the failure to burn at all under Win98
Then theres the fact it generates output thats not compliant to DVD standards
and will usually be rejected by most legitimate burning houses

no it doesnt crash every five minutes but yes it is buggy

And that 9Gb file limit i've seen people complain about must have been programmed in deliberately because it wouldnt arise as a natural limit during
the programs design - obviously theyre planning on forcing everyone to buy
another product when the larger drives start coming out next year - and doing it deliberately

I needed support to help solve the problems not because I'm stupid or
dont know what I'm doing but the impression I get is this company can't be upfront about either its problems or the lack of support so I think they just cant be trusted

B_Racer  2005-04-05 11:20:19 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This may sound a bit rude, but in fact: Half of the people here in the BBS aren't able even to press a single button correctly...

I'm producing DVDs, some of them for burning houses, there where never problems. Also my compliance check programs never do show my some errors or problems. So, if your produced DVD isn't compliant, your MPEG-Source wasn't compliant.

The 9 GByte-Limit ... that's a DVD-Limit! Even the professional Tools (Maestro or Scenarist, which are used for the DVDs you can buy) aren't able to produce bigger sized images or title sets. It does not make any sense to produce bigger discs, because a DVD9 only can store 8.7 GByte - that's a fact.

colin baker  2005-04-10 21:34:00 ( ID:ysconmzn55r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

no its not rude its just ignorant

The program produces output incompatible with DVD standards - thats not a suggestion its a fact DVD authoring houses state if you try to use your output with them. And it has nothing to do with the source mpeg but the output of the program which is non compliant.

its useless for professional work

Some of the time it even says its own output is illegal itself when you try to read it back.

it seems to me some of the people here can ONLY press a single button and know nothing else

Demto  2005-04-15 01:26:37 ( ID:eutjbzmna4n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK then, I have only just got started with making mpegs etc and the last
thing I want is a program which is buggy.

Can anybody suggest an alternative program that is similar to TMPGEnc
but which you consider reliable/better. If I have to pay something for it
then so be it.

Wasted time costs money so it may work out cheaper in the end.

Demto  2005-04-15 23:41:06 ( ID:.5ri276.kao )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Worded my last post wrongly.

What I was trying to say is that I am totally new to making Mpegs and
joining them and burning to a DVD. There is enough to learn already without
a "buggy" program to add to the difficulties.

I downloaded the trial version of TMPGEnc but the trial period will run
out in about 3 weeks. I have also downloaded a number of articles from the
net about TMPEnc which have helped me get started.

I have followed instructions to the letter, and rechecked everything, but
even then not all works out every time. Maybe its me doing things wrongly
but I have checked all instructions thoroughly. Buggs ?????

I will have to decide shortly whether to buy the program or ditch it for
something else. I would appreciate any advice you can give.

My needs are pretty simple I think. I need to

1. make DVDs from .AVI files
2. make DVDs from Mpegs

No frills, I would be happy with basic DVDs.

Can anybody suggest a program that will do about the same as TMPGEnc
but is more reliable/stable in their opinion, or is TMPGEnc about the
best for the price.

Any help would be appreciated.

vidman  2005-07-12 12:25:06 ( ID:mpwpv837utc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I dont know what THE DOCTOR" -colin baker is going on about .
Ive been using Tmpgdvd author for 99 % of my work.
No problems
Its great it has great potential , you can do some nice menus if you use your head.
You will still need a compliant mpg (or trick the program to except an out of standard mpg) using dvdpatcher
It doesnt except avis, use tmpgenc xpress or so to convert.
Use pgcedit to change some of the button function and stuff to make your DVD
do more stuff.

Its great for your basic and medium-high level of authoring.

other wise use DVDlabpro next but you have to do everything there ie link all buttons, but it does transistions ,insert firstplay clips etc.

I agree with b-racer half the people trying to use it have no idea about DVD standards. Of course it output to standard otherwise whats the point.
Anyway if it says biterate is not standard author anyway your dvd player should still play it if not your dvd player is not that relaxed on playing authored dvd's

It took me a long time to understand DVD specs etc I looked , read threads and practiced on RW's without sending stupid messages to forums..LEARN..

Missing chunks of video.. check the original encode and the ifo files.
""low take up of this BBS"" thats because people know how to use their programs properly...LEARN... people winge and winge ..It dont go right..must be crap..LEARN...

get xp with service pak2 update ..98 , what do you expect..

CB talks absolute rubbish.

vidman  2005-07-12 12:26:27 ( ID:mpwpv837utc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

demto

what are the errors???

give specs of mpgs , ratio ,biterate etc

Your future  Home )  2005-07-24 22:47:44 ( ID:ffn72chuv6g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

&#9679;&#9679;&#9679;&#9679;&#9679;&#9679;&#9679;&#9679;&#9679;&#9679;&#9679;&#9679;&#9679;&#9679;&#9679;&#9679;&#9679;&#9679;&#9679;&#9679;&#9679;&#9679;&#9679;&#9679;
Distribute this to the whole country.
It is to stop the outflow of money.

How foolish you are !

Sell at the higher price.
You suffer a loss when not selling them at the higher price.
Then, it makes a profit more.
There will never be such a chance.
This country and you become more rich.
&#9679;&#9679;&#9679;&#9679;&#9679;&#9679;&#9679;&#9679;&#9679;&#9679;&#9679;&#9679;&#9679;&#9679;&#9679;&#9679;&#9679;&#9679;&#9679;&#9679;&#9679;&#9679;&#9679;&#9679;

Question - TE25 - High bitrate mpeg-II No.43091
zACmAN  2005-04-02 14:42:17 ( ID:2vbrfewyjzo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a mpeg-II file that is 15000Kbps in bitrate. I would like to use Tmpgenc to chantge the bitrate to 9800kbps so I can burn it on DVD.

But, when i try to open the file to encode it, tmpgenc shuts down with an error message from WinXP. What could be wrong? is this a bug?

//Anders

ashy  2005-04-02 19:49:15 ( ID:ad8aqvu6eaf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do you have an MPEG2 coded installed?

aldaco12  2005-04-06 11:03:06 ( ID:oqc/f/b5mok )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Or you aren't using the Plus version, which is the only one able to load mpeg-2 files? (just a try)

Question - TE25 - Media Player 10 No.43090
Slippybricks  2005-04-02 01:51:05 ( ID:0r/9uvsgqxk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I have done a search to no avail, but just wanted to know if anyone has had any problems with Windows Media Player 10. I read that WMP9 didnt work with TMPGENC so did not bother with it. Thanks.

Question - TDA1 - # of Chapters per Page No.49384
sneed  2005-03-31 20:02:36 ( ID:kh9w/5b68i. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How can I put 16 chapters on 1 page? How can I delete the title?

sneed  2005-04-06 00:01:52 ( ID:kh9w/5b68i. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If anyone knows, please tell me: Can 16 chapters be put on one page, and how?

B_Racer  2005-04-06 15:06:23 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ever clicked on the Button "Edit menu theme"?

sneed  2005-04-19 22:33:54 ( ID:bkjhgolaun2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

"Edit Menu Theme" does not work, but what does work is starting with a theme that has more than 16 chapters!
Problem solved.

Question - TE25 - Strange Variable Encoding Speed Issue No.43087
kuczynski  2005-03-31 19:53:09 ( ID:ckdd4ek.lwl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does anyone know what can be causing my encoding speed problem?

What happens is that after a while of "normal" encoding, I find that the speed of the encoding drops off dramatically. When I stop encoding & start again, its still slow. The only way to get the encoding back to "normal" is to reboot my XP machine.

I've tried setting the priority to low & even setting the affinity in task manager to one cpu (intel p4) with no effect. Under these conditions it will encode at a good rate for a while, but eventually the speed drops dramatically.

Any suggestions?

aldaco12  2005-04-06 11:32:11 ( ID:oqc/f/b5mok )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

A suggestion: use motion search precision = highest quality (very slow) and encode at night, while you're sleeping. TMPGenc's output mpeg quality falls when you decrease the motion search precision.

kuczynski  2005-04-14 01:06:23 ( ID:8gx6hojmxpk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't understand why this happens but when I open & run TMPGEnc it starts encoding very quickly. After a short while, the encoding speed drastically drops. For example it is initially estimated that it would take, say 30 minutes, to encode. It encodes at this rate for about 5 minutes, then it slows right down & takes hours to complete. I don't know why!

I'm able to "fix" this issue by opening TMPGEnc 2 times & only using 1 to encode what I want encoded. Now it will take less than 20 minutes to encode a 20 minute video, whereas before it would take many hours.

Can anyone explain what is going on? Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks, in advance for any knowledge & maybe my "solution" might help others in this situation.

:-)

Question - TE30 - some mpg 1 files will not open video No.53430
JoeNezz  2005-03-30 15:07:01 ( ID:h.vkaywonm6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have several clips that are good quality & I wish to convert them to DVD
The problem I am having is TMP 3.0 readears will not open the video portion of the files
I have tried different combinations of the mpg readers & priories with no sucsess.
G spot identifies it as "MPEG 1 payload" codec; NTSC 4:3 VCD format
codecs already installed.

These files play fine on any media player
does anyone know of a plug in or codec that will allow TMP3.0 to read these files?

Thanks

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.