Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 333 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Can't convert avi to mepg... John Ly 2 2004-07-08 20:41:56
Question TE25 TMPGEnc confused about length of movie Bryguy 5 2004-08-27 01:36:00
Question TE25 How can i make a whole continue file with various files? Eduardo Monge 2 2004-07-06 21:00:22
Question TE25 Vob wont read JAG 4 2004-07-08 20:30:59
Question TDA1 Sound problem javed 1 2004-08-09 15:12:33
Request TDA1 Menus and Menu Themes Jack 2 2004-07-06 04:54:47
Question TE25 DV to MPG2 loss of quality xanjoh 2 2004-07-06 04:05:09
Question TE25 encoding problems with sound Ray 2 2004-07-04 09:58:05
Question TE25 What does no sound mean? Sha 1 2004-07-04 09:59:01
Question TE25 cannot open, or unsupported mike 4 2004-07-11 22:56:11
Question TE25 AVI to MPEG (Yes another one) Darklotusegg 0 2004-07-02 17:09:37
Request TE30 mpg for ppc wm 1 2004-07-12 14:21:46

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 333 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Can't convert avi to mepg... No.41920
John Ly  2004-07-07 07:15:47 ( ID:hjtoenfjlfa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why can't I convert avi to mepg? It used to work fine until I rebooted my computer because of a virus. It say (File C:AnimeNaruto77.avi can not open, or unsupported). Any Suggestion?

molowny  2004-07-08 10:06:52 ( ID:2w.0uividt6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Look at my answer to the post "cannot open, or unsupported", it might help. Sounds that you might have lost your mpeg2 codec.

ashy  2004-07-08 20:41:56 ( ID:omzfvsp0rt6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Look at my answer to the post "cannot open, or unsupported", it might help. Sounds that you might have lost your mpeg2 codec.

It's an AVI.....

Question - TE25 - TMPGEnc confused about length of movie No.41914
Bryguy  2004-07-07 02:59:07 ( ID:5du5kwpfxpj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm trying to convert a movie of mine (XVID... yes I have the codec), it's 2:02:12 long. Unfortunately, TMPGEnc thinks its 330+ mins long. Last I checked, 2 * 60 + 2 = 122 minutes. Is it me screwing up, or is this a known isssue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nic Williams  2004-08-02 23:45:13 ( ID:5d11mhsrkxr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try applying a Source Range to the video, such that the final frame isn't -1, but an actual positive number.

On panel 3/5 of the wizard, click on the Source range checkbox. The source range window appears.

Click the Move to end frame button. Note that the End frame value is -1.

Press the Set end frame button. The value of End frame is now a large number.

Press Ok. Now continue with the wizard and perhaps the video length will be correct.

Cheers
Nic

koolmarti  2004-08-11 11:25:39 ( ID:8he0n2ft2m6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Nic. The file I'm converting (well, trying to) is a 22-min episode, with file size 177, 238 KB, which when I played using realplayer was ok. When I tried converting, the file size as noted in the counter was 600+ MB (63 min), when normally a file size that small would only be 200+ MB. Ok, I've tried the source range thing which you have advised but after converting, there was no sound. What steps should I do now? Thanks for your help.

Bob McNobby  2004-08-11 13:05:50 ( ID:hdwe0ne2rzn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have exactly the same problem...
When encoding a 1hr30'ish movie TMPG wants to make it huge with about 8Gb of data rather than about 3.5Gb (which is normal) - this is usually Particular DivX movies (you know, the ones you REALLY want to watch) Perhaps i will try the '-1' thing the last port mentioned

BobMcNobby  2004-08-12 12:21:48 ( ID:hdwe0ne2rzn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well.. i tried the change the video size from '-1' to 'last frame' business... and all i got was a small box in the middle of the screen with an error... the more i clicked on 'ok' the more another one came back !! i had to abort in the end...
Bugger !

Sakaki  2004-08-27 01:36:00 ( ID:im847njyxxc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been running into the same problems, video legnth being doubled, and no sound when selecting the video length. I found this advice on a forum it seems to work on the problem files I had.

["This is usually caused by the compression on the audio of the source file. If it is an AVI file it is very common. With an AVI file the easiest things to do here are set DirectShow Multimedia File Reader's priority to 2 or even better demcompress the audio!

To change the priority of DirectShow, this is done simply by clicking option - environmental setting. Click the VFAPI plug-in tab. You will see DirectShow in the list usually with a priority of -1. Right click on the NAME (not the priority) and click higher priority until the priority is 2 and it is at the top of the list. "]

Question - TE25 - How can i make a whole continue file with various files? No.41911
Eduardo Monge  2004-07-06 20:00:14 ( ID:mqkzmmg078r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

can some1 plz help me here....

ive created some mpeg files with tmpgenc for vcd and i was wondering if its possible to make these file load as 1 or play as 1.

like not by file to file but all straight without pausing or requesting to load the other next file.

thanks a lot.

ashy  2004-07-06 20:55:51 ( ID:e6dwihjpk7g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Name all the files in sequence like this for example: Movie001.MPG, Movie002.MPG, Movie003.MPG then open TMPG and goto Options>Enviromental settings>General then put a check in the box 'Open sequence files as a movie'
Now just load the first file in the sequence and the rest will automatically load.

ashy  2004-07-06 21:00:22 ( ID:e6dwihjpk7g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think I may have misread what you want.
It looks like you have already encoded the files.

You have 2 choices you can either join the MPEGs together with the merge and cut tool or just burn the MPEGs to VCD and just load each MPEG into your burning program in sequence then burn.

The files will play as one without pauses, but you must make sure that you instruct your burning program NOT to put pauses between file.
Most of them automatically put a 2sec pause between files, so make sure you set the pause length to 0

Question - TE25 - Vob wont read No.41906
JAG  2004-07-06 02:56:09 ( ID:ptve11sazj. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

previously i had win2k and TMPGEnc-2.55.38.142-Free

i was able to import vob files without a problem after decrypting wit dvd decrypter.

i have just recently formatted and put WinXP in, i am still using the same version of TMPGE

now vob files wont read...

any help will be greatly appreciated..
[fyi...i do have WinDVD installed]

thanks in advance...

JAG

ashy  2004-07-06 16:23:13 ( ID:e6dwihjpk7g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Install the MPEG2 codec you had installed on your Win 2000 system prior to installing XP.

JAG  2004-07-07 23:43:06 ( ID:ptve11sazj. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i didnt have a mpg2 codec, all i had was WinDVD installed and DVDx 2.0, gonna try that, but i doubt that will help...

JAG  2004-07-07 23:45:49 ( ID:ptve11sazj. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

is there any codec that you can recommend?
or one that will make it work?
just installled DVDx 2.0, didnt help none..

ashy  2004-07-08 20:30:59 ( ID:omzfvsp0rt6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://www.marumo.ne.jp/mpeg2/m2v_vfp-0.6.48.lzh

Question - TDA1 - Sound problem No.49191
javed  2004-07-05 12:10:25 ( ID:truugaj2adw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
I have been trying to convert a dv movie to a DVD. This is my first experience with this sort of thing. Firstly i captured the movie to a .avi file. That worked fine. Then i converted it to MPG2 with TMPGEnc. That also worked fine. However now when i try to author it to a dvd, using TMPGEnc DVD Author, the video comes out perfectly, but there is no sound (in the AUDIO_TS folder.) I have tried it using individual sound and video files (m2v and mp2 files), and i have also tried using the same mpg file for the sound and video but to no avail. any help would be greatly appreciated. thankyou.

Keithmac  2004-08-09 15:12:33 ( ID:eo6ixh3rqra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The AUDIO_TS folder is for dvd audio recordings, normally this folder is empty or not even there on a Video Dvd.

Request - TDA1 - Menus and Menu Themes No.49188
Jack  2004-07-04 22:51:49 ( ID:5nagyc44c1. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think I pretty much have the menus figured out in Author 1.5, with a few exceptions.

First I can't figure out anyway to delete text once it has been entered. I have even when to the advanced edit where you can move things around and resize things but still can't figure a way to delete the text.

Second I create a Main Menu page with the appropriate chapter and play buttons and then go to the track menu to setup menus for the tracks. When I come back to the Main Menu find it has changed to match the track menu. As I saved the main menu before going to the track menu I reload it from the drop down box and it is back as it was, only to find now the track menu has changed back, so once again edit it, and start all over.

I can't seem to make changes to the Main Menu without affecting the track menus and vice versa. I am sure I am missing something simple here but sure don't know what it is.

Thanks for any help.

KevM  2004-07-05 15:17:45 ( ID:rau5tums6gn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

1. Simply delete the text with the Delete key and move the frame off the safe area screen.

2. On the left hand pane whilst in full Edit Menu Mode right click on the menu you want to change and then select 'Create New Theme for The Track Menu' at the bottom.

Jack  2004-07-06 04:54:47 ( ID:5nagyc44c1. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>1. Simply delete the text with the Delete key and move the frame off the safe area screen.
>
>2. On the left hand pane whilst in full Edit Menu Mode right click on the menu you want to change and then select 'Create New Theme for The Track Menu' at the bottom.

Thanks for the response. Since posting this I have experimented a little more and have tried your suggestions. The problem I have is that I would like a very uncluttered main menu with no thumbnails. I have not been able to find a way to create a main menu that does not have thumbnails when in the create a new theme mode. Even if you drag the thumbnails outside the window you have no way to access the track menu without the thumbnails, at least that I can find. If you don't go into the create a new theme I can get a main menu the way I want. On the left panel there are several choices and the bottom one is blue. When you select this all it has is title on the top, and then two buttons or links on the bottom, play all tracks or track menu. That is exactly what I want however if you choose create new theme to design the track and chapter menus, the above main menu is no longer one of the choices and can't find a way to get the link for the track menu. The only button you get is play all.

If you have any other suggestinos or if I am missing something I would really appreciate knowing. I thought several times I had figured it out but everytime I end up losing the nice plain main menu.

Thanks again for the reply and suggestions.

Question - TE25 - DV to MPG2 loss of quality No.41903
xanjoh  2004-07-04 22:17:05 ( ID:0t5t9zkwegr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi there,
I am using TMPGenc Plus 2.5 to encode from DV to MPEG2(for burning to dvd). I think I have all the best settings that I can possibly have for encoding to the Mpeg2 file. But the resultant MPEG file lacks the quality of the original DV, in that it is slightly more grainy and the colours are too bright. (I am using Windvd to compare quality) I have read in forums that the codec that tmpgenc uses for reading the DV file can effect the encoded output, if so does anyone know how I can check what codec that tmpgenc is using and also recommend the best codec to use?
Thanks in advance.

B_Racer  2004-07-05 09:04:45 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPGEnc uses the installed Codec, nothing special. But TMPGEnc always needs RGB24-Input and some DV-Codecs aren't able to provide a propper Colorspace-Conversion. Maybe you have to cange the settings from CCIR- to YCbCr-Mode (setting->advanced->Quantize Matrix) to get the correct colors.

You can't use such crappy Software like a Software-DVD-Player to compare quality because you can't be shure about the resulting Luma-Range and the Methode of Overlay-Video on your PC.

The Quality of the resulting Video depents on several factors, most important is Bitrate.

wcpaul  2004-07-06 04:05:09 ( ID:m8km0qiv2po )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Also rememeber that Mpeg and NTSC DV use different color sampling (4:2:0 vs 4:1:1).

You will ALWAYS lose half of the original color samples when translating between the two.

This is why it is shocking that the DV standard has not been upgraded to 4:2:2. 25 Mbs is enough bandwidth to save virtually lossless production quality video (using mpeg2, 2 frame GOP, for example). If digital cameras kept the same technology curve as DV video, we'd still be using 0.5 megapixel cameras.

Question - TE25 - encoding problems with sound No.41900
Ray  2004-07-04 07:34:21 ( ID:djr6tsaxvkw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've been encoding using TMPEnc lately, and i found for some files, they have 34000 frames but come to encoding, they have a massive 120k frames! to top this off, it has no sound, even though the original has, and it seems that the sound is encoded wrongly. whatever i do i cannot get the sound to work, even if i encode the sound separately. does anyone know how to rectify this?

Ray  2004-07-04 07:54:23 ( ID:djr6tsaxvkw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

oh, and its from avi to mpeg. all the other files i have are encoded exactly the same way, and they are near identical to the trouble file.

ashy  2004-07-04 09:58:05 ( ID:v/6p18ugeff )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Get yourself AVICODEC then post us the properties of the AVI.

Question - TE25 - What does no sound mean? No.41898
Sha  2004-07-04 06:58:45 ( ID:q9gfde9khy2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What does it mean when there's no sound under the MPEG Tools>Merge and Cut?

I used to always be able to make short scenes from a long and have audio, now rarely does the final result have that.

Anybody know why?

ashy  2004-07-04 09:59:01 ( ID:v/6p18ugeff )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

AC3 audio is not supported in the Merge&Cut tool.

Question - TE25 - cannot open, or unsupported No.41893
mike  2004-07-03 17:08:09 ( ID:umetk6oohc6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm using TMPGEnc Plus 2.5, and for some reason when I try to load up an AVI of some DVD rips, it gives me a "cannot open, or unsupported" error... how can I get it to work?

thanks

Al  2004-07-07 03:24:24 ( ID:dnz7b3ac0nc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

My is doing the same thing I think I am missing the codec maybe the mpeg4 or something anyone know whats wrong ?

molowny  2004-07-08 10:05:12 ( ID:2w.0uividt6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey guys, I had the same problem a couple of days ago. I redistributed my hard disk partitions and suddenly my TMPGEnc stopped working. I had some movie.d2v files that I had created using DVD2AVI before repartitioning and that I couldn't access with TMPEG afterwards. Yesterday I installed a new mpeg2 codec and created a new movie2.d2v file. Now TMPEG works fine.

I think you'll need to reinstall the same mpeg2 codec that you used when creating the avi files. Otherwise, you can install any mpeg2 codec and create the avi files again, TMPEG should then work.

Hope this helps, it worked for me.

ashy  2004-07-08 20:39:59 ( ID:omzfvsp0rt6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your problem you had was because you had changed the path to the soure files in the d2v by repartitioning.
You CANNOT move, rename, or delete the d2v, the source files or any of the folders associated with them until you have finished encoding.

As for the original question - cannot open, or unsupported
I refuse to answer this question any more. I must answer it almost every day and I alone must have answered it many hundred times by now. If you include all the others that have answered it then I would guess it must have been answered close to a 1000 times.

The solution can quite easily be found by getting off your ass and using the search function.

JimH  2004-07-11 22:56:11 ( ID:yxqcovryug6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>If you include all the others that have answered it then I would guess it
>must have been answered close to a 1000 times.
>
>The solution can quite easily be found by getting off your ass and using
>the search function.

Gee, this sure sounds like a frequently asked question. Might it not be a bad idea to add it to the FAQ?

Question - TE25 - AVI to MPEG (Yes another one) No.41892
Darklotusegg  2004-07-02 17:09:37 ( ID:wwfmtwaik8c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Firstly I am totally new to this Ive been using TMPGenc for a couple of months but I really dont know much about it.

Ok my problem is this, when I try to convert an AVI file to MPEG the video freezes on the first frame and doesnt move any further, the sound however converts fine and when I play the finished MPEG back its the first frame of the video with the sound playing as normal. Can anyone help me?

It might also be worth mentioning I used to have no problems converting AVI's to MPEG and I cant remember installing anything recently that would cause a problem. I cant play AVI files (hence me wanting to convert them to MPEG) using any program that I have (including divx player, windows media player and real player) and also MPEG's play in windows media player but really jerkily (itll play a couple of seconds then stop for a few seconds and repeat this cycle) so I have to play them through real player. Does anyone have any idea what I might have installed to cause this problem or does anyone know some codecs, files or programs that would remedy this?

I hope you guys can help :)

Request - TE30 - mpg for ppc No.53210
wm  2004-07-02 10:20:25 ( ID:fhttknideaf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

is there any output template for output to ppc (320x240) available?

Red Green Blue  2004-07-12 14:21:46 ( ID:b13fh8mhibm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry, no template for this one, but you can still make one yourself, if you know the kind of format you have to use.

RGB

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.