Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 278 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Request TE25 Does not import audio from mpeg2 file Lishen 6 2005-06-04 07:54:27
Question TME1 MPEG Editor vs. Nero Recode rdgb 1 2005-05-15 05:54:28
Question TE25 cannot open or unsupport rmvb file nusource 0 2005-05-14 15:11:27
Question TE25 how can rmvb to mpeg? AnthonyKing 2 2005-06-20 00:15:18
Question TE25 How to conveert rmvb file to mpeg nusource 1 2005-06-16 19:48:54
Question TDA1 Problem with VOB on tmpg dvd author cA786 2 2005-07-01 11:46:25
Question TE25 Finalcut Pro Movie to MPEG - which intermediate format? Jeff 0 2005-05-12 07:41:15
Question TE25 Repeat performance somersetlad 0 2005-05-12 03:00:44
Bug report TE30 TMPGenc 3.0 XPress frame rate problem with XviD source JNavas 10 2006-04-03 21:33:16
Question TE25 Hardware - Speed Fraggle 7 2005-06-04 08:22:46
Question TDA1 mr calibra 0 2005-05-09 17:39:55
Question TME1 Cannot adjust audio Darbre 0 2005-05-04 12:37:07

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 278 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Request - TE25 - Does not import audio from mpeg2 file No.43208
Lishen  2005-05-15 09:39:07 ( ID:wjqcylewgil )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
Iam trying to convert a mpeg2 file to a vcd file using the free version of TMPEGnc. On opening the source, only the video file is grabed and the audio file does not import in. What shoulkd I do??

ashy  2005-05-15 20:11:24 ( ID:c9rwdyebxxw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What format is the MPEG2 file. Is it in VOB form?
If it is ordinary MPEG2 then you don't need to re-encode the audio anyway. Just demultiplex it with the MPEGtools.

lishen  2005-05-16 20:22:38 ( ID:cjw.owqywmc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. This is an ordinary mpeg2 file which I ripped using uled movie factory. Iam trying to convert it to a mpeg1 file to make a vcd. On loading the file, only the video gets loaded in. The audio does not load in. Thus, only the video gets outputted without the audio. If I try to load the audio alone from the same file, it says that the file is unsupported. How does video from the same file loads but not the audio. Need help. Thanks1
Regards
Lishen.

ashy  2005-05-16 21:01:50 ( ID:c9rwdyebxxw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Load the MPEG2 file into the simple demultiplexer in the MPEGtools. This will seperate the Video and audio. Then try and load them into TMPG seperately.

lishen  2005-05-17 06:54:24 ( ID:cjw.owqywmc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
Thankyou for the reply. I tried you suggestion. The file was seperated as video as.m2v and audio as .ac3 files. Now to convert it into mpeg1 I imported the video and on importing the audio, it says .ac3 is an unsupported formate. Tmpegnc wont open the file that it has created?? Now i've been on this for a few days and really need solutions. Your help is very much appereciate it. Thanks!
Regards
Lishen.

ashy  2005-05-21 00:32:05 ( ID:c9rwdyebxxw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, so it has AC3. This is what is what I guessed and why I asked if it was in VOB form.

You will need to convert the AC3 to wav. You can use a few differenvt programs for this.
One I have used in the past is called AC32WAV by PX3 or another one called AC3DEC.
http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/showsoftware_ac3towav_28.html

John  2005-06-04 07:54:27 ( ID:rp95zxtzfxk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Lishen,

Take the AC3 file and convert it to a wav file using Ac3Decode. Make sure you click "convert to 44.1khz" and "convert to wav". Drag the ac3 file onto the program and it will convert it.

You can download Ac3Decode for free from:
http://www.users.on.net/~rsobon/bin/ac3decode821.zip

The web site is:
http://www.users.on.net/~rsobon/ac3dec.html

Next take the wav file and re-encode your mpeg2 file using the mpeg2 file as the video source and the wav file as the audio source. Make sure you load a video CD template and name your output file something different than the original file name.

You cannot simply multiplex the two files (that were de-multiplexed)unless you convert the wav file to a mp2 file. Even if you did using TMPGEnc MPEG Tools to multiplex them using the MPEG-1 Video-CD template you would simply end up with a non-compliant mpeg2 movie.

I hope this of help to you.

>Second terms are deadly games, they need to fear no one.
>

Question - TME1 - MPEG Editor vs. Nero Recode No.54384
rdgb  2005-05-15 04:14:51 ( ID:pf8fscnizg. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

For simple cut and joining, the TMPGEnc MPEG Editor would be better than Nero Recode as only the needed sections are re-encoded?

In more detail, I have Nero Recode due to having the Nero 6 package, but noticed a loss of quality when using Nero Recode 2.1 to simply cut out a section of a VHS to DVD .VOB file to reduce its length.

I assume this means that Nero Recode re-encodes both sections again rather than just the areas with the editing? So if I want to cut out sections and have no loss of quality I should buy the TMPGEnc MPEG Editor, too?

rdgb  2005-05-15 05:54:28 ( ID:pf8fscnizg. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Doing some more reading, I see that there is another frame accurate MPEG2 editor, the Womble MPEG-VCR editor, or the newer, costlier, Womble MPEG Video Wizard, that also avoids re-encoding.

How do those products compare to TMPEGEnc's MPEG Editor?

Question - TE25 - cannot open or unsupport rmvb file No.43207
nusource  2005-05-14 15:11:27 ( ID:debhrygxhsr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have downoaded and installed Real Alternative 1.37. But when I tried to convert rmvb files, error message saying "rmvb file cannot open, or unsupported". Have I missed some procedures? What about the settings?

Question - TE25 - how can rmvb to mpeg? No.43204
AnthonyKing  2005-05-14 14:21:39 ( ID:jpyrtfalhuc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How can I converse my RMVB files to MPEG of MPEG files?
It can help me transfer my movie files to my PSP.
Help me anyway!
Thanks a lot.

sfinc  2005-06-19 13:03:47 ( ID:wgz3yjlhi5m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The only rmvb converter out there is eoVideo.
Get that and you should be able to convert to mpeg 1, 2 and avi.

SF

ashy  2005-06-20 00:15:18 ( ID:c9rwdyebxxw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Quicktime alternative and TMPEG.

Question - TE25 - How to conveert rmvb file to mpeg No.43202
nusource  2005-05-14 14:09:55 ( ID:debhrygxhsr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do I convert rmvb files downloaded from bt so that they can be view on tv either in vcd or dvd format.
Apparently rmvb files are not supported by TMPGenc

Karchybabe  2005-06-16 19:48:54 ( ID:nx4qnp/mrom )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There are quite a few programs that allow you to convert from RM files to MEPG. Through personal experience, WinAVI Video convertor is the best. Every file comes out high quality. I have used EO Video and although it was pretty good it was very slow and sometimes it did produce corrupted files.

Once you convert it to MPEG all you need to do it author it to DVD.

It is best to search around to find other RM convertors and see which one you prefer.

K.

Question - TDA1 - Problem with VOB on tmpg dvd author No.49415
cA786  2005-05-12 12:18:46 ( ID:tz2oh9shi7n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When i enter a certain vob into TDA , a message appears , its sais
This Is A illegal video file.
For A Standard DVD You Can Only Use

MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 Video.

I really need help on how to fix this problem, can anyone help me out?

Thanks.

creon  2005-06-25 22:32:23 ( ID:dynom/mupjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

there is an import function for vob files. use that instead of drag and drop the video file... ;)

Steven  2005-07-01 11:46:25 ( ID:kxnlkluwigr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This also happens with mpeg2 files so that wouldnt help me at any rate
(even correctly formated DVD standard files sometimes - it seems random)

I cant see any "import" command for VOB files either where is that?

Question - TE25 - Finalcut Pro Movie to MPEG - which intermediate format? No.43201
Jeff  2005-05-12 07:41:15 ( ID:r/tt33e3me. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey all,

I have a Finalcut Pro movie file which I would like to convert to MPEG-2 (this Mac doesn't have the MPEG-2 codec installed). TMPGEnc won't convert it directly, but I have the capability of exporting the Finalcut movie to any number of intermediate DV formats, which I could then import into TMPGEnc.

Does anyone know which DV format TMPGEnc would like that Finalcut Pro can produce? I tried one tonight which didn't work, and I'd like to avoid further trial and error.

Thanks!

Question - TE25 - Repeat performance No.43200
somersetlad  2005-05-12 03:00:44 ( ID:xqipt476aqo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am new to TMPGEnc and I have experimented cutting and joining a short 2 min captured TV shot, which was then converted to a MPEG2 file.

I cut and joined some MPEG2 clips from that MPEG TV shot (using TMPGEnc 2.524). Then using other software I encoded the joined MPEG file (using VSO DivxToDvD software)and burnt the result to a DVD (using CopyToDvd).

I found that the finished 2 min product on the video DVD (as played with Power DVD)automatically repeated itself at the end of the joined clip instead of stopping.
Apart from TMPGEnc I have used the other software to make DVDs many times without this particular problem arising.
Is this a known problem with TMPGEnc??
Any comments appreciated

somersetlad

Bug report - TE30 - TMPGenc 3.0 XPress frame rate problem with XviD source No.53447
JNavas  2005-05-11 17:55:04 ( ID:n/sue0nj9rm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When attempting to encode 23.976 fps XviD sources (as verified by GSpot 2.21) into DVD-compatible MPEG2, TMPGenc 3.0 XPress incorrectly detects the source frame rate as 30 fps, resulting in jerky MPEG2 output.

These XviD sources play perfectly in a variety of players, and encode properly in NeroVision Express 3.

There appears to be no way to override the incorrectly detected source frame rate in TMPGenc 3.0 XPress, and there doesn't appear to be any reasonable work-around.

This problem exists in version 3.0.4.24 (original release) and version 3.1.5.82 (latest version as of this writing) of TMPGenc 3.0 XPress.

Codecs: XviD-1.0.3-20122004 _Final Release_
XviD-1.1.0-Beta2-04042005 _Beta Release_
Platform: Windows XP SP2 on 2 GHz Mobile Pentium 4

Joe HEcht  2005-05-12 17:28:55 ( ID:6ufgl7tnqqr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMpgEnc is pretty bad at 23.97 to 29.97 framerate conversions.

Workaround:
From TMpgEnc 3.x, save the output as a wave file only, then frameserve the avi file (with no audio) from VDub to TMpgEnc 2.5x. Be sure to set the framerate conversion in VDub. Now use a DVD authoring program to create the DVD file.

doktor  2005-05-15 12:39:18 ( ID:pnf1lzalrhl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You may use ffdshow or 3ivx for xvid decoding - it reports correctly the framerate to tmpgenc xpress or tmpgenc xpress correctly understands it. don't know if it is a problem of tmpgenc xpress or xvid.

JNavas  2005-05-15 18:37:00 ( ID:vt31wtinajn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>TMpgEnc is pretty bad at 23.97 to 29.97 framerate conversions.
>Workaround:
>From TMpgEnc 3.x, save the output as a wave file only, then frameserve the avi file (with no audio) from VDub to TMpgEnc 2.5x. Be sure to set the framerate conversion in VDub. Now use a DVD authoring program to create the DVD file.

Thanks for the suggestion. I suspect that work-around would indeed work, but then why bother at all with TMPGEnc 3.0 XPress? Use a separate AC3 encoder instead. With ffmpegGUI, there's not even a need to first split out the audio into a WAV file. For that matter, why then bother with any version of TMPGEnc -- any MPEG2 encoder could be used, some of which are both better and faster than TMPGEnc.

The principal attraction of TMPGEnc 3.0 XPress (with the AC3 plugin) is simple yet flexible, one-step encoding of good quality DVD-compliant MPEG2 with multiplexed AC3 audio. Take that away, and you might as well use other tools that are faster and/or better.

JNavas  2005-05-15 19:37:16 ( ID:vt31wtinajn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>You may use ffdshow or 3ivx for xvid decoding - it reports correctly the framerate to tmpgenc xpress or tmpgenc xpress correctly understands it. don't know if it is a problem of tmpgenc xpress or xvid.

I've found ffdshow to be too unstable/problematic to use. The 3ivx codec (instead of the XviD codec) does indeed solve the problem of incorrect source frame rate, including the correct Video Mode (3:2 pulldown playback), but the resulting MPEG2 video from TMPGEnc 3.0 XPress is still jerky. (Output from NeroVision Express 3 is much smoother.) Thus TMPGEnc 3.0 XPress apparently has a compatibility problem with the XviD codec (which is probably a TMPGEnc 3.0 XPress problem given that other applications see the correct source frame rate), and doesn't do a terribly good job of frame rate conversion in any event (as reported by others). Regardless, thanks for the suggestion.

B_Racer  2005-05-18 11:29:16 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Don't do any framerate conversion. Encode it in 23.976 fps with 3:2 Pulldown on playback. TMPGEnc is able to do this corretly since version 0.12a...

JNavas  2005-05-20 16:28:26 ( ID:n/sue0nj9rm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Don't do any framerate conversion. Encode it in 23.976 fps with 3:2 Pulldown on playback. TMPGEnc is able to do this corretly since version 0.12a...

This thread is about TMPGEnc *XPress* (*not* TMPGEnc or TMPGEnc Plus)!

TMPGEnc XPress can do what you suggest when the 3ivx code is used (rather than the XviD codec), but the resulting output is STILL JERKY!

JNavas  2005-05-20 17:19:27 ( ID:n/sue0nj9rm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

UPDATE: AviSynth can solve the problem! Use AviSynth to frameserve the XviD source into TMPGEnc 3.0 XPress, and TMPGEnc 3.0 XPress WILL then properly encode DVD-compliant MPEG2 and AC-3 audio output, smooth instead of jerky!

freaky  2005-08-19 20:09:39 ( ID:/mhfvvjnzth )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

change the framerate from the avi before you encode it with avirate and rip the audio out of it with vdub and change the framerate from the audio with ac3machine encode de avi with tmpgenc on the framerate you change it to. to a M2V file and join them with ifoedit and you have a good Q dvd in the framerate you like

Hiro  2006-02-07 16:38:01 ( ID:dsb3tfxfg92 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The solution to the 30 fps problem with Xpress that I found to work was to deselect generic MPEG-4 support in the DivX codec. Once I did that, any AVI file I loaded that had been encoded with XVID had their correct frame rate showing, along with the correct number of frames.

Buscante  2006-04-03 21:33:16 ( ID:ows7q0jtgjn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Many, many, many thanks for your solution.

>The solution to the 30 fps problem with Xpress that I found to work was to deselect generic MPEG-4 support in the DivX codec. Once I did that, any AVI file I loaded that had been encoded with XVID had their correct frame rate showing, along with the correct number of frames.

Question - TE25 - Hardware - Speed No.43192
Fraggle  2005-05-10 13:48:37 ( ID:q6yhpdlkvo. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry if this is a terribly newbie question. I do a great deal of transcoding from DivX to VCD using TMPGEnc 2.5 (although I'm open to 3.0 if I can find any good reason to switch). Usually the only filters I use are sharpening and deinterlacing. I was wondering how certain hardware may or may not affect the overall speed. The two items I'm thinking about are memory (size) and video card.

First, I currently have 1GB of DDR RAM, and I was wondering if another 1GB would do anything. I suspect any improvement would be extremely minor, but I figured I should ask the experts.

Now, for the video card. Does this have *any* bearing whatsoever on the encoding process in TMPGEnc? I'm under the impression it's all about the CPU, but again I thought it best to ask those who would know rather than just guess.

Thanks in advance for your time.

ashy  2005-05-10 21:39:06 ( ID:c9rwdyebxxw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Video card will do nowt for performance. Memory may give a very slight increase, but very slight with the amount you already have.

Why are you applying de-interlace filters to an AVI? Unless this AVI comes from an interlaced source such as a capture then it's pointless. A decent HD will give an increase and decoding and encoding to different drives will also.
If you want much faster speed then it's the CPU I'm afraid. Also don't go overkill with optimizations you don't need.

Fraggle  2005-05-10 21:57:22 ( ID:q6yhpdlkvo. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Basically some of the source AVI files weren't captured properly and have annoying interlace lines when there's significant motion. Deinterlacing takes care of this annoyance with relatively minor loss in quality.

Out of curiosity, does any hardware exist that can do transcoding from DivX to MPEG1? I tried finding something on videohelp.com, but no luck.

Thanks!

ashy  2005-05-13 22:22:26 ( ID:c9rwdyebxxw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Christ mate there are loads. Almost any MPEG2 capture card will capture to MPEG1 also.
Check out the link:
http://www.videohelp.com/capturecards.php?CaptureCard=&mpeg1=1&searchconnection=Any&price=&orderby=Name&hits=25&Submit=Search&Search=Search

ashy  2005-05-13 22:30:04 ( ID:c9rwdyebxxw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just to add, after re-raeding your post, I'm not sure which ones do a direct AVI to MPEG capture. I think it would be possible, but why would you want to anyway. Software capturing is by far the better way and not always slower if you have a decent PC. You will have more control over the output quality too.

Fraggle  2005-05-16 16:48:57 ( ID:q6yhpdlkvo. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was just researching the hardware-assisted options for the speed factor. Sometimes I need to do a great number of these conversions in a short period of time. For now I've purchased a new PC (which I needed anyway), so that will improve my situation but a hardware transcoder would be still be helpful.

And, why? Well, my clients need certain multimedia files in VCD format for their own reasons. :)

ashy  2005-05-16 21:05:11 ( ID:c9rwdyebxxw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>And, why? Well, my clients need certain multimedia files in VCD format for their own reasons. :)

LOL...don't worry mate, we understand. ;)

John  2005-06-04 08:22:46 ( ID:rp95zxtzfxk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Fraggle,

It is always better to capture in an uncompressed avi format and then compress to DivX, mpeg1, mpeg2, or whatever compression that you need or prefer afterward. If you have a better capyured avi you won't need those filters which will increase the speed of the compression.

I use Virtual Dub for capture and editing, Dr Divx for DivX compression, and TMPGEnc for mpeg1 & mpeg2 compression with great (and very easy) results.

It is unlikely that more RAM would help you out (your computer may not even recognize more than 1GB of DDR RAM) and as Ashy said seperate hard drives for source and output help a great deal. When you say the video card do you mean the card that you capture the video with or the video output card on your computer? If it's a capture card, the better the card, the better the capture. If it's output it means nothing to the output.

The "annoying interlace lines when there's significant motion" is most likely from the DivX compression. In my opinion it's not as good as mpeg.

If you have some time take a good capture and encode it using different compression and you'll see what I mean.

I hope this was of help to you.

Question - TDA1 - mr No.49414
calibra  2005-05-09 17:39:55 ( ID:h0iqovvmmdh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have Tmpgenc DVD author and wish to add MPG files of different standards to the same compilation i.e. 16.9 format and 4.3 format

Presently I get an error message.....Many other programs allow this, but I find Tmpgenc dvd author the easiest to use.

Does anyone know how I can get this to work

Thanks

Calibra

Question - TME1 - Cannot adjust audio No.54383
Darbre  2005-05-04 12:37:07 ( ID:lzknh0i8uwl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm having no luck at all in figuring out how to adjust the audio of a captured mpeg file. The audio of my DVDs is twice as loud as a regular DVD. The Audio Filter volume function seems to have no affect on the final volume. I've set that value to 50%, tried using the normalize function. Nothing seems to work.

Any idea?

Darbre

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.